Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2004, 05:40 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Cynthia McKinney

Tucker High's graduation was last night. As SWMBO and I returned to our vehicle, we noticed that there was a flier of some sort on the front windshield of pretty much every vehicle there. (I don't know how many people North DeKalb Stadium holds, but for those familiar with it, the place was jam-packed. I'm guessing 8,000ish were there.) When we got to our car, we had one waiting as well. I *really* wish my scanner was at home rather than at the office right now, because I'd scan it and put it on web space for y'all. However, just quoting the text will have to suffice.

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE!!!

Celebrate your right to vote!

WHEN: July 20, 2004

VOTE for Cynthia McKinney

A proven friend of the Hip-Hop community and the ONLY candidate to host three Hip-Hop Summits

**GET INVOLVED**
with the McKinney Campaign

Call 404.289.2889
or
Stop by the Headquarters
4150 Snapfinger Woods Drive, Suite 204
Decatur, GA

or

Visit our website - hxxp://www.cynthiaforcongress.com

Paid for by Cynthia McKinney for Congress - Elyria Mackie, Treasurer
The whole thing struck SWMBO and I as very funny.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-22-2004 at 05:44 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
kcchief19
Pro Starter

That's the most whack pimpin' for a campaign I've ever shizzled.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:56 AM   #3
MJ4H
Coordinator

wow even political adds are resorting to using hxxp these days.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #4
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Not all graduates can vote and not all voters are graduates. What do "Hip-hop summits" have to do with the issues facing us today? Has anybody actually thought the situation in Iraq would be going much better if we just had a few more "Hip-hop summits" in the "Hip-hop community?"
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #5
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
Not all graduates can vote and not all voters are graduates. What do "Hip-hop summits" have to do with the issues facing us today? Has anybody actually thought the situation in Iraq would be going much better if we just had a few more "Hip-hop summits" in the "Hip-hop community?"

Yes.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:11 PM   #6
Shepp
High School Varsity

It was one of the happiest days of my life when Denise Magette beat McKinney in the last elections. I hope she never sees poltical office again.

After the events of 9/11 an Arab prince ( I believe a reletive of Osama Bin Laden but not sure) of some sort offered to donate 10 millions dollars to the city of New York for assistance. Rudi Gulliani declined the money. Ms. McKinney wrote a letter to that prince saying that she would be more than happy to accept the money. Not to mention all of the campaign misconduct accusations leveled at her and her father.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 01:23 PM   #7
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Our political officials really need more funk. The funkless officials we have right now obviously don't get the job done.

Funk for 04!!!
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:28 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
Has anybody actually thought the situation in Iraq would be going much better if we just had a few more "Hip-hop summits" in the "Hip-hop community?"

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's something that Sinnnn-thee-uh has considered at some point.

I can't think of a better poster child for retroactive abortion than this less-than-worthless p.o.s.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:19 PM   #9
Craptacular
College Starter

We just need another Clinton in the White House ... George.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:50 PM   #10
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Snapfinger Woods Drive?
Old 05-23-2004, 12:06 AM   #11
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that's something that Sinnnn-thee-uh has considered at some point.

I can't think of a better poster child for retroactive abortion than this less-than-worthless p.o.s.

surely if anything posted in a political thread deserves a suspension, it would be a post such as this.

(nothing personally Jon, but if Sack is going to attack one way (see Moore thread I believe), then its only fair it swing the other way)).
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:18 AM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
surely if anything posted in a political thread deserves a suspension, it would be a post such as this.

(nothing personally Jon, but if Sack is going to attack one way (see Moore thread I believe), then its only fair it swing the other way)).

Eh, I think at some point, probably sooner rather than later, there's probably going to have to be a positive affirmation from management here about the tolerance of political threads.

AFAIC, either they're fair game like any other subject or they're off-limits entirely -- but they can't exist on some sort of situational basis, that simply will not work & invites nothing but trouble.

I've said it before, I'll say it yet again (at the understood risk of even more people getting tired of me saying it) -- The incredibly heated exchanges that politics generates these days (regardless of whether its always been that way) are nothing more or less than a symptom of the dramatic differences in core beliefs & values that exist in this country. And when something gets right down to the core of a person, things will get passionate p.d.q. In other words, it isn't that the politics of people are so different, it's that the people are so different (which is what influenced their politics in the first place).

As for my specific comment in this thread -- I believe she's about as poor an excuse for a human being as I've ever seen, mere words cannot begin to describe the degree of contempt & loathing I have for her. Since I'm not saying anything here I'd have the slightest hesitation to say to McKinney face-to-face, I got no problems with whatever consequences might go with my comment. They're within the law of the land, they're within the existing "laws" of this board, so I'm really not concerned about it in the least.

And, FTR, I didn't take it personally one bit -- I figured I was just handy
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:40 AM   #13
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac

I know you're pretty much posting this as a joke, but the two are very different. Yabanci more or less called out half the posters in political threads, while Jon attacked a politician. Neither is close to worthy of a suspension though, and I think Sack went overboard calling for one.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 04:46 AM   #14
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Jon jumped on a politician, not a member of the message board. I have no idea (or don't remember) about the Sack Attack/Yabanci thing y'all are talking about. Is there something I need to know?
Old 05-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #15
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
And, FTR, I didn't take it personally one bit -- I figured I was just handy

You're very handy big boy
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 03:15 PM   #16
yabanci
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Jon jumped on a politician, not a member of the message board. I have no idea (or don't remember) about the Sack Attack/Yabanci thing y'all are talking about. Is there something I need to know?

I merely said the bush worshipers are going to have a hissy fit because Michael Moore won the Palme d'Or. If stating the obvious is so outrageous and inflamatory that I should be banned, so be it.
yabanci is offline   Reply With Quote