Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

IPOW: International Pro Olympic Wrestling- A TEW 2016 Dynasty

So I decided it was time to create a promotion and do another dynasty report. As bad as I am at booking storyline and entertainment based promotions. I've always been intrigued by tournaments and things of that nature. I ran some ideas through my head, and in giving props to alpha2117 and BHK1978, from the GreyDog Forums, I've come up with something that I'm almost 100% sure has never been done (at least if it has, I've never seen it.) I'm converting pro wrestling into an Olympic sport. How, you ask? Well, here's the setup.

For now, the promotion will be called International Pro Olympic Wrestling, or IPOW for short. That may change depending on feedback. I will have a number of G1 style tournaments, in which each match will score points within both the tournament, and for the nation that wins.

This will be done seasonally, 1 set of tournaments per calendar year (still trying to figure out if I want to be a touring fed or what, I'm leaning that way).

This is where Olympic Style comes in: for each match, the winner gets 3 points, the loser gets 0, and if there is a time limit draw, 1 point. No DQs or countouts allowed, all wins by pin or submission. At least for the 1st season, that could change later on. This points will be tallied by country, and after all the tournaments, we'll give medals (gold, silver, bronze). The last place competitor in each tournament will be dropped for the next seasons tournaments and replaced with someone else in that game area. For example, if say Johnny Impact finishes last in his block, he'll be dropped from the promotion and replaced. Still confused? If I can clear up anything, let me know.

How will the matches be determined you ask? Well, for every card, 2 matches will be decided by reader vote. I'll tell which 2 matches, and after a set time (usually 24 hours) the voting will end. The rest of the matches will be strictly random, using a dice roller, so who knows what'll happen. For the reader vote matches, I'm hoping to get a minimum of 5 votes per match.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

ok guys, the roster for Season 1 of IPOW is just about complete. I have decided to use 6 specific areas, and they are the United States, Japan, Mexico, Canada, The United Kingdom (England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales) and the Rest of the World (anything else in Central/South America, Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, etc).

As far as actual nations go, obviously United States, Mexico, Canada, and Japan are nations of their own. The UK and the Rest of World have been broken down into countries. There will be 14 countries represented in Season 1. The 4 above mentioned will always have 6 participants, while the others will vary. More on that later. There will be 3 separate G1 style type tournaments this season (and for future seasons as long as there is availability). Men's singles, men's tag team, and women's singles. The singles tournaments will have 2 blocks of 8 participants each, with each block represented by 8 different countries. Round robin, block winners face off in the championship. The tag team will have 6 tag teams, all from a different country. Round robin. Top 2 will compete for the Tag Team championship.

All champions will be back to defend their titles in the next Season, provided they want to come back. The bottom finisher in each tournament will immediately be dropped from the promotion (all wrestlers will sign 1 year contracts only and be renewed every year if they so choose). The 2 countries with the least total points will not be invited back next season (obviously this is a huge disadvantage to the countries that only have 1 or 2 participants). Every single match is worth points within the tournament and the nation challenge. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. This includes the championship matches.

If anybody has any questions or comments, please let me know, as I am about to reveal the roster and personnel for Season 1.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

The Season 1 participants have been finalized, and to choose, I basically did a random draw. For some of the nations, especially on the female side, there are still a lot of "who is that" participant, but for the others, most of these guys are well known and have been signed to 1 year written contracts. The majority have been taken from ROH, LU, NJPW, or Impact (I'm certainly not making any friends here!)

Without access to graphics right now (I couldn't get all the graphics to work for the mod, and I still don't have patience for Photobucket), if there is a common wrestler that is known under a different name, I will announce that.

Here they are, broken down by nation:

Team USA (4 men, 2 women)- Austin Aries, James Storm, Jake Hager, Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Celeste Bonin (Kaitlyn in WWE).

Team Mexico (4 men, 2 women)- Alberto El Patron, Pentagon, Fenix, Drago, Fabi Apache, Mari Apache.

Team Canada (4 men, 2 women)- Crazzy Steve, Petey Williams, Kenny Omega, Rene Dupree, Angel Williams (Angelina Love in TNA), Chelsea Green (Laurel Van Ness in TNA).

Team Japan (4 men, 2 women)- Kaz Hayashi, Kushida, SANADA, Toru Yano, Hikaru Shida, Makoto).

Team England (4 men)- Nick Aldis, Marty Scurll, Will Osprey, Zack Sabre Jr.

Team Puerto Rico (3 men)- Amazing Red, Carlito, Ricky Banderas (Mil Muertes in Lucha Underground).

Team Scotland (1 man, 2 women)- Grado, Isla Dawn, Kay Lee Ray.

Team Australia (2 women)- Tenille Dashwood (Emma in WWE), Madison Eagles.

Team Germany (2 women)- Katarina Leigh (Katarina in TNA), Alpha Female.

Team South Africa (2 men)- Dameon Duke (Adam Rose in WWE), PJ Black (Justin Gabriel in WWE).

Team Cuba (1 man)- Rocky Romero.

Team New Zealand (1 woman)- Toni Storm.

Team Philippines (1 man)- Shiima Xion (DJ Z in TNA).

Team Portugal (1 woman)- Shanna.

There are 28 men and 16 women in Season 1. That will be the standard format as long as I can make it work. If anybody wants a rundown on how the nations are divided, here it goes:

6- United States, Mexico, Canada, Japan
4- England
3- Puerto Rico, Scotland
2- Australia, Germany, South Africa
1- Cuba, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal

As far as the staff goes, all staff, other than myself since I'm the owner, has been signed to 2 year contracts.

Announcer- Me
Color Commentator- Taz
Road Agents- Trish Stratus, Lance Storm, D'Lo Brown
Referees- Carley Rae, Brian Hebner, Jim Korderas, Jack Doan

Stratus, Rae, and Doan will mainly be used in the women's division, while Storm, Brown, Hebner, and Korderas will handle the mens tournaments.

If I feel the need for an authority figure (which I shouldn't based on the product of the company) it will be me.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

There will be initial men's matches to determine the participants in each of the singles and tag team pools for United States, Canada, Mexico, and Japan. They will each have 2 singles matches, with the winners going to separate blocks and the men's singles tournament, and the losers teaming up to represent their nation in the tag team tournament.

Puerto Rico, having 3 wrestlers, will send 1 to the singles tournament. Those 3 will have a 3 way dance to determine who represents Puerto Rico in the singles tournament. The other 2 will team up to represent Puerto Rico in the tag team tournament.

There will be 2 initial shows to decide this. The first show will feature the United States and Mexico. Those matches will be:

Mr. Anderson vs. Jake Hager (readers vote match)
Alberto El Patron vs. Pentagon (readers vote match)
James Storm vs. Austin Aries
Fenix vs. Drago

The second show will feature Canada, Japan, and Puerto Rico. Those matches are:

Crazzy Steve vs. Rene Dupree
Kaz Hayashi vs. Toru Yano
Petey Williams vs. Kenny Omega (readers vote match)
Kushida vs. Sanada (readers vote match)
Ricky Banderas vs. Amazing Red vs. Carlito (readers vote match)

I will run the first show on Thursday, and the second show on Saturday, so please get your votes in.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well guys, a couple small changes. As I was trying to get TV contracts, I was only able to get 1 of my 2 shows on the air, so the initial show will include all the preliminary tournament matches. It will include the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Japan, Puerto Rico qualifying matches, and will be a 3 hour show, then I will adjust it to a 2 hour show.

For those that have already made predictions, I left a nation that needs qualifying matches: England. So here is the entire show card, that I will run either Friday or Saturday.

Fenix vs. Drago
Kaz Hayashi vs. Toru Yano
Nick Aldis vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Marty Scurll vs. Will Osprey (readers vote match)
Petey Williams vs. Kenny Omega (readers vote match)
Kushida vs. Sanada (readers vote match)
Ricky Banderas vs. Amazing Red vs. Carlito (readers vote match)
Mr. Anderson vs. Jake Hager (readers vote match)
Alberto El Patron vs. Pentagon (readers vote match)

There are a few more readers vote matches for this card than there will normally be, but that's ok. For those that have already voted, if you just want to PM me your vote for the England matches, that's fine, or you can repost your entire votes, either way.

Again, I will either run this show on Friday or Saturday. Either way, I will give at least 12 hours notice. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #6
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Barring any mishaps, I am planning on running the first card tomorrow, late morning/early afternoon, so consider this a 24 hour warning to get your picks/votes in
Old 09-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #7
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I am getting ready to book the first show, but I wanted to give a few notes first:

As I am more concerned with the Olympic competition style, I'm going to do whatever is necessary to keep it going, and to keep it as a cult company. That means if money is getting low, I'll edit the company to have more money. If the promotion slips below cult level, I'll edit prestige ratings to keep it at cult so I can continue to sign wrestlers to written contracts. And if my shows do bad enough to get dropped, then no big deal, I'll create my own tv broadcaster, since I'll have the money to do it. I hope all this doesn't run people off, as I'm not running it as a real life promotion where we could lose tv, go bankrupt, etc etc. When I've had enough, I'll put the company out of business myself.

Also, as far as writing style, it will be all text, but ratings, attendance, etc isn't a concern. I'll be writing on the match and the result, nothing else. You'll see what I mean when I do this first report. I hope that doesn't run you guys off, doing it this way, as I thought this would be a cool, simple concept to do, and the reports can be kept quick and simple.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #8
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

IPOW Unleashed
Wed, Week 4, Sept. 2018
San Jose Municipal Stadium- San Jose, CA
Show Attendance: 3,395

Japan Qualifying Match

Kaz Kayashi vs. Toru Yano

In typical Yano fashion, he did his best to make it a comedy match, but Kaz was having none of it and took control.

Winner: Kaz Kayashi

Kaz will advance to the Men's Singles Tournament, while Yano will go to the Men's Tag Team Tournament and await his partner.

Japan Qualifying Match

Kushida vs. Sanada

An exciting match here between 2 fabulous workers, but in the end, Sanada was just too much.

Winner: Sanada

So with that, Toru Yano and Kushida will team up in the Men's Tag Team Tournament.

Mexico Qualifying Match

Fenix vs. Drago

Another exciting match, but Fenix got the victory to secure his spot in the Men's Singles Tournament. Drago will await his partner in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Fenix

Canada Qualifying Match

Dupree clearly showed why he is the better wrestler in this one, clinching his spot in the singles tournament, while Crazzy Steve will go to the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Rene Dupree

Puerto Rico Qualifying Match- Three Way Dance

Ricky Banderas vs. Amazing Red vs. Carlito

Banderas was the far superior in-ring performer here, as he carried the match. Red and Carlito did their part, but Banderas claimed the spot in the Singles Tournament, while Red and Carlito could be a very formidable team in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Ricky Banderas

England Qualifying Match

Marty Scurll vs. Will Osprey

These 2 are no strangers to each other, but in the end Scurll clinched his spot in the Singles Tournament, while Osprey will await his teammate in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Marty Scurll

Canada Qualifying Match

Petey Williams vs. Kenny Omega

Williams is a damn fine wrestler, but he was no match for Omega in this one. Omega proved why he is one of the best in the world, moving to the Singles Tournament where he can be a legit contender. Williams moves to the Tag Team Bracket where he will team with Crazzy Steve.

Winner: Kenny Omega

Mexico Qualifying Match

Alberto El Patron vs. Pentagon

2 excellent performers, but one with a major attitude. Alberto dominated the match, but showed his cocky attitude, and that was his downfall, as Penta got a quick victory, earning his spot in the Singles Tournament. Alberto will go to the Tag Team Tournament and team with Drago.

Winner: Pentagon

**As expected, Alberto was furious at the match booking, so I not only had to have him dominate the match, but also had to keep him strong the entire match, and make the finish a quick pinfall finish. I'm really regretting signing Alberto already. That Tag Team Tournament could be a disaster with him in it.**

United States Qualifying Match

A bit of an upset here, as Storm was able to surprise Aries to steal a spot in the Singles Tournament. Aries will await his partner in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: James Storm

England Qualifying Match

Nick Aldis vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

The former NWA champion had a classic match with Sabre, but in the end, it was the youth of Sabre who got the win to get a spot in the Singles Tournament. Nick Aldis will now move to the Tag Team Tournament and will team with Will Osprey.

Winner: Zack Sabre Jr.

United States Qualifying Match

Mr. Anderson vs. Jake Hager

The main event of the night would see the final spot in the Singles Tournament decided. It was back and forth, but the submission skills of Hager came through in this one. He claims the last spot in the Singles Tournament, while Mr. Anderson will team with Austin Aries in the Tag Team Tournament.

Winner: Jake Hager

The pools for the 3 tournaments will be released shortly.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:48 PM   #9
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Here is a look at the tournament blocks for the Men's and Women's Singles Tournaments, and for the Tag Team Tournament, of which 2 teams have been added to make it 8 as well.

Men's Singles Tournament

Block A

James Storm- USA
Fenix- Mexico
Kenny Omega- Canada
Sanada- Japan
Marty Scrull- England
Dameon Duke- South Africa
Rocky Romero- Cuba
Shiima Xion- Philippines

Block B

Jake Hager- USA
Pentagon- Mexico
Rene Dupree- Canada
Kaz Hayashi- Japan
Zack Sabre Jr.- England
P.J. Black- South Africa
Ricky Banderas- Puerto Rico
Grado- Scotland

Men's Tag Team Tournament

Austin Aries and Mr. Anderson- USA
Drago and Alberto El Patron- Mexico
Crazzy Steve and Petey Williams- Canada
Toru Yano and Kushida- Japan
Nick Aldis and Will Osprey- England
Amazing Red and Carlito- Puerto Rico
Tama Tonga and Taula Fifita- Tonga
Desi Hit Squad- India

Women's Singles Tournament

Block A

Celeste Bonin- USA
Fabi Apache- Mexico
Chelsea Green- Canada
Hikaru Shida- Japan
Katarina Leigh- Germany
Isla Dawn- Scotland
Toni Storm- New Zealand

Block B

Madison Rayne- USA
Mari Apache- Mexico
Angel Williams- Canada
Makoto- Japan
Alpha Female- Germany
Madison Eagles- Australia
Kay Lee Ray- Scotland
Shanna- Portugal

So as you can see there is now 16 countries represented, and that is the country count I will try to have in the future, if I can find enough decent people. With the females especially, some of them aren't so well known, so the predictions and readers votes there may be skewed towards the more known wrestlers.

Also, as of this point, aside from the Readers Vote, this has now become more interactive. I'm asking everybody to not only vote for the readers vote matches, but also the random dice roll matches too. While those will be predictions, they all count. I will make a tab of everybodys predictions for all the matches, and the top 3 people will get to have a say in who makes next seasons IPOW roster.

The Gold Medal winner will get 4 selections.
The Silver Medal winner will get 3 selections.
The Bronze Medal winner will get 2 selections.

Keep in mind I am running this report on another forum too, but as of now I've only had 1 person interested in participating, so most of the winners will probably come from here.

As an aside, the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal winners for the countries will have a tougher task next season. I would expect the USA, Japan, Mexico, Canada, and maybe England to be in the mix, and since they seem to have the most talent, they will have qualifying for next year. More on that later.

If anybody has any questions or comments, please let me know. I am going to do my best to get other nations involved next season so that all nations have a chance, and I have shortlisted WWE and NXT, so any time I can, I'll try to sign that talent, if their WWE contract is coming to an end soon, or if they get released. But if anybody has any questions, feel free to let me know.

I'm really excited for this dynasty, easily the most excited I've been for any of my dynasty attempts, I hope you guys enjoy.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:03 PM   #10
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I have dropped the show to an hour show per week, at least for the first season. I have done the math, and I will just go in order with 1 block per week. For instance, the next card will be Block A of the Men's Singles, then Block B of the Men's Singles, then Tag Team, and so on. I added the 2 Tag Teams to give them a block of 8 to make that even. By my count, that is basically 5 blocks, and each will wrestle 7 times, so 35 weeks, plus the championships, so 36 weeks, or 9 months.

In the future, I might not sign people to a written contract, because doing it this way, most of the wrestlers will only see action once a month, unless I let them go on house shows to get work. I might. I haven't decided. I'm taking opinions on that. The only reason I'm doing it this way is so that I don't get myself confused and have the Men's Singles having 3 matches each and the Women's Singles 1 each, or something like that. But I definitely think signing everyone to a written contract might have been a mistake. My biggest fear was someone not being available for a show, which would have caused a problem too. That will be something to think about going forward.

OK, enough babbling. I plan on running the next card on Monday at the latest, and possibly even Sunday. I will give 24 hour notice either tomorrow or Sunday. The next card will be Block A of the Men's Singles (I'll just go in order to keep it simple). The match-ups will be:

Rocky Romero vs. Kenny Omega
Marty Scrull vs. James Storm
Sanada vs. Dameon Duke
Fenix vs. Shiima Xion- readers vote match

I will use a random dice roller to decide which match will be the readers vote match every time. I thought about having 2 readers vote matches, but I think 1 out of every 4 is adequate.

Get your votes/predictions in, and again, any comments or concerns or questions are welcome. Thanks.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #11
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I will run the next card tomorrow so you have about 18 hours to get your votes in.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:09 PM   #12
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

IPOW Unleashed
Wednesday, Week 1, October 2018
Al McGuire Center- Milwaukee, WI
Show Attendance: 3,363

Preshow Matches

Makoto defeated Stacy Shadows (*)
Angel Williams vs. Mia Svensson (*)

(*)- Both Shadows and Svensson were hired to one night only deals to put over Makoto and Williams.

Main Show

Breaking News

Backstage before the show, Will Osprey and PJ Black got into an altercation. Osprey proceeded to beat the crap out of Black before it could get broken up. Because of this, Osprey has been given an official warning and has been docked 1 point. Because of this, Osprey and Nick Aldis will start with -1 points in the Tag Team block, but his nation will NOT be penalized. Osprey has been put on notice that if it happens again, he will be replaced in his block and fired from the company.

Men's Singles Block A Matches

Fenix vs. Shiima Xion

Xion put up a good effort, but he was no match for Fenix, who got the win to earn 3 points for not only himself, but the country of Mexico.

Winner: Fenix (3 points, Mexico- 3 points)

Sanada vs. Dameon Duke

An excellent match in which neither man could get an advantage. This was evident by the fact that the 15 minute time limit expired, giving each participant and country 1 point.

Time Limit Draw: Sanada and Japan- 1 point, Duke and South Africa- 1 point

Rocky Romero vs. Kenny Omega

No surprise here, as Omega completely outclassed Romero to give himself and Canada 3 points.

Winner: Kenny Omega (3 points, Canada- 3 points)

Marty Scrull vs. James Storm

A bit of a surprise in this one, as Storm used his veteran knowledge to steal a victory giving himself and the United States 3 points.

Winner: James Storm (3 points), United States- 3 points
Old 09-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #13
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

The next show will consist of Block B of the Men's Singles Tournament. The matches will be:

Jake Hager vs. Grado
P.J. Black vs. Ricky Banderas
Pentagon vs. Rene Dupree
Kaz Hayashi vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (readers vote match)

Please get your votes in by Saturday night, as I plan on running this show then.

Also, we will have preshow matches involving Celeste Bonin, Madison Rayne, Isla Dawn, and Kay Lee Ray. The plan is to hire 4 females to one night contracts and have Bonin, Rayne, Dawn, and Kay Lee Ray go over. I'm planning on getting the women in the Tournament some more popularity, so expect them to always win any preshow matches to make for a more competitive women's tournament.