Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #351
aston217
College Prospect

For some reason, importing a new draft is not clearing the table of registered users. That should be happening, right?

I know I tinkered with the import code, but not in that area, I thought. I actually tracked down a very old import_draft_run (pre FOF7) file and the import code looks the same, there's no "truncate table team" query run. Only:

Code:
// Ok, all is well, first let's clear out the existing draft data if ($admin) { $statement = "truncate table pick"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table player"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table player_comments"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table team_player"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table player_to_attribute"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table team_player_to_attribute"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table selection"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table bpa"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table team_need"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "truncate table mock_draft"; mysql_query($statement); $col[] = "team_clock_adj = '1'"; $col[] = "team_autopick = '1'"; $col[] = "pick_method_id = '3'"; $col[] = "team_autopick_wait = '30'"; $col[] = "team_email_prefs = '0'"; $col[] = "team_sms_setting = '0'"; $statement = "update team set ".implode(",",$col)." where team_id != '1'"; mysql_query($statement); } else { $statement = "delete from team_player where team_id = '".$login->team_id()."'"; mysql_query($statement); $statement = "delete from team_player_to_attribute where team_id = '".$login->team_id()."'"; mysql_query($statement); }

What could be happening?

aston217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:53 AM   #352
aston217
College Prospect

Does anyone know here?

I know the draft utility should be clearing all the existing registrations upon import - right? Is anyone else getting the same issue? Or, better: is anyone else not getting the same issue? That is, old registrations are successfully cleared upon draft class import?

If that's the case, could you post your draft utility in a zip file so I can take a look at what might be different? TIA!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #353
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

It should? I don't know that it has ever cleared those out. I've been just running a query to clear them out for years:

Code:
update team set team_clock_adj=1.00, team_owner=NULL, team_chat_time=0, team_password=NULL, team_email=NULL, pick_method_id=1, team_autopick=0 where team_id>1 AND team_name!="Atlanta" and team_name!="Tucker" and team_name!="Lowcountry"
Old 01-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #354
aston217
College Prospect

Oh, crap, my bad. Ignore that. I don't know how I got that in my head, maybe I was just so used to seeing it turn out that way.

Firefly just told me this, but yeah, I guess everyone has been manually clearing them.

If that's the query you run every time, should it be just added to the code? Part of it's already in there, in the above, just not the part with the team names and passwords. Or better to just leave this to admin discretion?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:00 PM   #355
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I'd say leave it to the admin.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:18 AM   #356
Templar
Mascot

Known issue with the system

Is there a known issue with the system about a 1.1 pick would not fire if it's the list and therefore it should picked manually?
Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #357
dthompso8
n00b

Since we had a skipped pick in the 3rd round, no one has been able to select a player by clicking pick player in priority queue or players tab (using 2.6.1) have you come across this issue before?

Workaround is to have player top of queue and set auto pick on to make the selection..
dthompso8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:57 PM   #358
aston217
College Prospect

That is a known issue and should be fixed. The issue crops up upon import. As I recall, you need to go into the database here. The player id field for the missed pick should be -1, I believe...but it's been a while since I've done this, so I'm not that confident about it. Hopefully you have someone comfortable enough to go into the database via phpMyAdmin. Let me know if not.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:20 PM   #359
marc_rdfl
n00b

Hi, we're getting this error:

Quote:
Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in ...[file location] ...includes/classes/login.inc.php

Actually this is repeating for any line of code that uses the date function

Any ideas?

THanks

Marc.
marc_rdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #360
Maynard
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_rdfl View Post
Hi, we're getting this error:

Actually this is repeating for any line of code that uses the date function

Any ideas?

THanks

Marc.

Thanks for working on this, Marc!
Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 02:24 PM   #361
marc_rdfl
n00b

found a way for fix it but now I can't get it to import a new draft - says the player_information file wasn't uploaded but it was !! arghh!!
Old 01-16-2016, 04:29 PM   #362
aston217
College Prospect

What'd you guys do?

Old 01-17-2016, 06:01 AM   #363
marc_rdfl
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
What'd you guys do?

To fix the timezone error, I added this code to the relevant pages:

Code:
if( ! ini_get('date.timezone') ) { date_default_timezone_set('GMT'); }

So now I can get to the import draft stage but it won't recognise that I've uploaded the player_information.csv file.

Very odd and frustrating
Old 01-17-2016, 02:01 PM   #364
aston217
College Prospect

Does reversing that change allow you to import the draft? If so ... you could try that as a quick temporary fix, and change it back after importing.

It doesn't seem like they would be related issues, though I'm assuming you have done plenty of draft imports in the past.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:53 PM   #365
aston217
College Prospect

Resolved. The server had an upload_max_filesize setting of 2M (as revealed by phpinfo()) and the player_information.csv file was greater than that, so it wasn't accepting the upload.

I placed a .user.ini file in the root of the fofdraft directory with the following contents:

Code:
file_uploads = On post_max_size = 50M upload_max_filesize = 50M

Perhaps this file should be generally included in draft conscriptor?

Old 04-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #366
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Uncheck the "has password" box in the Users admin and hit Save at the bottom. That will reset it and allow them to re-register.

Last edited by PackerFanatic : 04-09-2016 at 04:50 PM.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #367
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Gotcha. Are you attempting to register with the nickname or full team name? In the latest version, you have to use the full team name to register (think that might have been something with FOF7, actually) - so depending on what the team name looks like, you'd have to register with "St. Louis" instead of "STL"
Old 04-12-2016, 08:35 AM   #368
Dawgfan19
High School JV

1. If you are referring to the *30 minute display for AI teams where the auto pick is checked, I believe that is a display issue. The pick should fire immediately. You could also set the "Adjust clock" to zero for AI teams.

2. Ah, you've touch on a pet peeve for me. And actually I believe it is Mountain Time. I don't know of a solution, other than to adjust the draft start time in relation to the time difference between your time zone and MDT.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #369
ezlee2
n00b

I have a question. No matter how many times I change the time zone. We still keep showing MDT time.

Any idea what this could be?
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 01:12 PM   #370
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

We lost our draft admin and he has the Admin password so we can't setup our draft, is there anyway to reset the admin password?
Old 10-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #371
aston217
College Prospect

You might have to delete includes/config.inc.php and set up the draft utility (visit it online) again. Make sure to make a copy of config.inc.php as that file will have the DB address and password in it, which you can use when setting up the utility again.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:32 PM   #372
Ben E Lou

Big bump. We can talk about what changes need to be made later, but for now, I've stuffed everything I think I need to do an allocation draft into the database, but it's showing as "draft complete" because I didn't use the front end to do it. I'm guessing it's one tiny little flag that needs to be flipped in the db, but I can't find it. What setting needs to change for me to be able to start the draft up.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #373
Ben E Lou

Heh. figured it out. First pick must have timestamps and player id must be NULL (not zero) for that pick.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:53 PM   #374
gstelmack
Pro Starter

We should get Conscriptor into a GitHub project to make collaboration on it easier.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #375
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
We should get Conscriptor into a GitHub project to make collaboration on it easier.

That would be awesome.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #376
aston217
College Prospect

Do it!

Old 01-29-2017, 11:44 AM   #377
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm having a problem in FOF8 where I see the imported bars for most players, but for some reason most or all defensive tackles are vacant there. Has this been reported? Is there a fix?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #378
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I had that in the IHOF draft, so I reimported. They all had them after that. Not sure what the issue was on the first import.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #379
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I'm having a problem in FOF8 where I see the imported bars for most players, but for some reason most or all defensive tackles are vacant there. Has this been reported? Is there a fix?

Quote:
I had that in the IHOF draft, so I reimported. They all had them after that. Not sure what the issue was on the first import.
Quik, I'm assuming you're talking CCFL here. My guess is that the same thing happened in both drafts: at some point after I got the utility thread up, before the official draft start time, but *after* a few people had already uploaded their draft_personal data, I made an edit to the database table that determines which bars get displayed for each position and in what order, so that you'd see coverage and ST bars for DL and have PRT and PRS next to one another. I guess making that change somehow borks previously-uploaded data for DTs (not sure why it would do that to DT and not DE also; I mean, the changes I made to them are identical. *shurg*). But yeah, I can confirm that I made a db change this morning to alter the display of bars, and a few minutes ago I uploaded my draft_personal and now I see full bars for DTs (and DEs and LBs, the only three positions where anything changed.)

The good news is that it's a one-time change in structure; I won't have to do it again moving forward. Sorry it caused confusion.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 01-29-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:35 PM   #380
hrd12
n00b

Is there something I need to do to my csv files to get conscriptor to work? I'm using FOF8 and the error I'm getting indicates that the format might be different than FOF7 :

The file you imported does not appear to be a player or staff csv export file, or is the wrong version. Please verify that you are uploading the correct file and that you have the current version of FOF7.

I installed conscriptor 2.7.1 on my server. Or is there another version out there that can be used with FOF8? Thanks.
hrd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #381
Firefly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd12 View Post
Is there something I need to do to my csv files to get conscriptor to work? I'm using FOF8 and the error I'm getting indicates that the format might be different than FOF7 :

The file you imported does not appear to be a player or staff csv export file, or is the wrong version. Please verify that you are uploading the correct file and that you have the current version of FOF7.

I installed conscriptor 2.7.1 on my server. Or is there another version out there that can be used with FOF8? Thanks.

I'm having a similar (the same?) problem:
Quote:
The file you imported does not appear to be a player record file. Please verify that you are uploading the correct file.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #382
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Any updates on whether this is working with FOF8?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #383
hrd12
n00b

I was able to get it working with FOF8. I ended up installing again and it seemed to work just fine with the player file. It did not work when I tried to set up a staff draft.
hrd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:09 PM   #384
Hooper
n00b

It works for the most part with the rookie draft in FOF8.

There is a SQL query floating around to make the new bars show up on the d-line.

There is a new analyzer.php too that works with Draft Analyzer.

But neither is necessary for it to work.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:02 AM   #385
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

I'm having a problem rolling back a pick, any suggestions on what I should try?

It's giving me a 500 Internal server error.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:04 PM   #386
giannicic
n00b

Hi WheelsVT,

I've made a change to the Conscriptor that allows to run the draft in a slotted mode: basically it sets a fixed deadline for each pick instead of giving a fixed amount of time starting when the previous pick has been done.

The consriptor is available here if you want to merge it with your latest source:
fof_draft.zip - Google Drive

See this post for further info: Slot Draft - Page 3

Thanks
Old 07-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #387
Born2Run1963
n00b

Has anyone seen these issues before with these warning messages? Wondering if there is a fix out there for this that I'm not seeing posted.

Born2Run1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #388
garion333
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run1963 View Post
Has anyone seen these issues before with these warning messages? Wondering if there is a fix out there for this that I'm not seeing posted.

Fixed image link for ya
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #389
aston217
College Prospect

I'm not sure; maybe it's a PHP version/settings issue? Which is to say it's a conscriptor issue for having an outdated way of connecting to the db. Perhaps it needs to be future proofed with a rewrite in PDO.

giannicic, that looks really cool. I'm out of the game now but someone should really github this all up.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #390
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
I'm not sure; maybe it's a PHP version/settings issue? Which is to say it's a conscriptor issue for having an outdated way of connecting to the db. Perhaps it needs to be future proofed with a rewrite in PDO.

giannicic, that looks really cool. I'm out of the game now but someone should really github this all up.

The OSFL still waiting for you
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:17 AM   #391
Born2Run1963
n00b

mysqli bypass

Any chance anyone knows how to bypass use of mysqli when the php plugin is forcing it?

The is in reference to the above conscriptor warning/error issues. It's wreaking havoc on our draft.

Other question might be, why aren't other leagues experiencing this? Are you just on much older servers using earlier versions of mysql/php? Frankly, the server I'm on won't even let me due that due to security holes.
Born2Run1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:32 PM   #392
chinaski
College Prospect

Not sure if this is still being worked on, but a QOL feature I would love is if we could get the players birthday color coded by their affinity group? Like what we have here... FOF7 Chemistry Chart and here... http://gml.fof-belco.com/teampageroster.php?teamid=23
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #393
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:

^^ 1000% All the code is there, but GitHub would enable group dev.

I haven't logged in here in a long time, but happened to drop by this evening and saw this thread continuing to live along with the utility being used.

The utility is definitely showing its age including some security issues that should be fixed as well. GitHub is awesome, I use it quite often, so I'll look into posting a repository there. Unfortunately, I'm not playing FOF anymore so I hope others are able to jump in and contribute. Perhaps FOF9 will change the way drafts are done.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #394
WheelsVT
High School JV

Ok, I created a new repository for it.
Hope this helps!

https://github.com/WheelsVT/FOFConscriptor
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:00 PM   #395
Hooper
n00b

I recently contracted the creator of the app Mr J David Baker himself to update the conscriptor for use with php 7. Most hosts seem to be retiring previous versions. No new features were added. Just a couple bug fix-type things. The mock draft should import without editing the files. The skipped picks should show up as xxx in the selections. I think those are the big changes. The rest was just getting it to run smooth on php 7. My host has 7.4 and it seems fine.

GitHub - Lunchbox00711/FOFConscriptor: Front Office Football draft utility for use by online multiplayer leagues.

The version should be 3.0 to verify you got the right one.

Merry Christmas
Old 03-28-2021, 07:09 PM   #396
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
I recently contracted the creator of the app Mr J David Baker himself to update the conscriptor for use with php 7. Most hosts seem to be retiring previous versions. No new features were added. Just a couple bug fix-type things. The mock draft should import without editing the files. The skipped picks should show up as xxx in the selections. I think those are the big changes. The rest was just getting it to run smooth on php 7. My host has 7.4 and it seems fine.

GitHub - Lunchbox00711/FOFConscriptor: Front Office Football draft utility for use by online multiplayer leagues.

The version should be 3.0 to verify you got the right one.

Merry Christmas

I missed this at the time but just want to add my huge thanks to Hooper for this. I know it probably cost him a good chuck of change, and it benefits the entire community greatly.

If you want to contribute (and please do, even if it's just a buck), Paypal to [email protected].
Old 03-29-2021, 08:31 PM   #397
mac88
n00b

I'm not a big computer guy and I don't even know what any of that means or how you even begin to do what Hoop did. I'm just here to just to say he is an awesome commish and just updated the site at the ffl as well. Cheers Hoop!

Last edited by mac88 : 03-29-2021 at 08:32 PM.
mac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:59 PM   #398
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Changing servers time zone so it's not UTC, does anyone know how to change this?
Old 09-11-2021, 12:38 PM   #399
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
Changing servers time zone so it's not UTC, does anyone know how to change this?

Found the answer, you need to have your php timezone changed to whatever to need.

Create a file called php.ini and place it in your html folder on your host.

in the file add the line;

date.timezone = "US/Mountain"

if you are having an issue opening your Website after you upload file add this to he php.ini

max_execution_time 600
memory_limit 128M
post_max_size 32M
upload_max_filesize 32M