Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #3801
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Hrm, didn't know about the Cosmere game, I might have to look into that. I too do not have great success with narrative games, so it's hard to believe this would change that. But if anyone can...

Wingspan is awesome. There are some legit complaints - luck of the draw is a huge part of things, and there are some massively overpowered cards - but it's just a super elegant game with exceptional components and a cool theme.

I love wingspand. I've seen people build incredible engines in that game. I usually end up trying to fill my board with birds. Probably why I lose so often.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #3802
Bobble
College Prospect

Finally got The Mrs. into Wingspan. It's a tough introduction to new players, though. There are only 4 things you can do on a turn but there are SO many things to weigh at times. It definitely takes a couple of playthroughs to get up to speed. Either that, or I'm a horrible instructor -- could be that.

Have we talked about CV? It was on a list of good games for couples that I saw. The Mrs. and I love it. It's kind of a combination of Life and Yahtzee. It's fun for us to put a narrative to the life that the game has built. Kinda like Wingspan, there really isn't too much you can do AGAINST another player. So it makes for an amiable race to accumulate points rather than a combat against the person you are in lockdown with.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #3803
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I hadn't known about CV until you brought it up. Read about it a bit on BGG, and it sounds intriguing. Not exactly my typical cup of tea, but enough to have me interested. I'll have to see what the wife thinks - a good new two-player game would be a welcome addition to the collection.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:32 PM   #3804
sposfan
Mascot

Late to the party, but just picked up and played Watergate. It's ONLY a two player game, but managed to get the non-gamer GF to play and she enjoyed it enough to want a rematch. Relatively quick game which I've heard referred to as a streamlined version of Twilight Struggle, which seems pretty apt.

Also been playing some roll and writes, mainly Cartographers and Welcome to...

These 3 have quickly moved into my game of choice for quicker games that are deeper than they seem.
sposfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #3805
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sposfan View Post
Late to the party, but just picked up and played Watergate. It's ONLY a two player game, but managed to get the non-gamer GF to play and she enjoyed it enough to want a rematch. Relatively quick game which I've heard referred to as a streamlined version of Twilight Struggle, which seems pretty apt.

Also been playing some roll and writes, mainly Cartographers and Welcome to...

These 3 have quickly moved into my game of choice for quicker games that are deeper than they seem.

I find myself thinking back to Welcome To... often. I only played it once, and I played it wrong, but the concept was neat and I want to play it again.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:14 PM   #3806
sposfan
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
I find myself thinking back to Welcome To... often. I only played it once, and I played it wrong, but the concept was neat and I want to play it again.

They have released a new solo mode as well. I believe it is included with newer versions but quoth me not.
sposfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #3807
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I was recently introduced to Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right. An asymmetric wargame between animal factions of the forest. It appeared a bit intimidating and complex at first, but after a few rounds of play, I got the hang of how the game played. What I liked about this game is how each faction plays so differently from the others.

Soon after that first play, i went and ordered my own copy with some expansions. I can't wait for it to arrive at my doorstep. In the meantime, I downloaded the Steam version and started playing the tutorials.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:48 PM   #3808
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Root is amazing, but I don't have the right group to play locally. I tried the mobile app and it gave me trouble when connecting online. I should check out the Steam version.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:59 PM   #3809
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Root is amazing, but I don't have the right group to play locally. I tried the mobile app and it gave me trouble when connecting online. I should check out the Steam version.

I don't either. I even told myself this isn't a game I'd buy because I don't have the right play group. But then it was the deal-of-the-day on one of the online stores, and I couldn't resist.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:44 PM   #3810
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
I don't either. I even told myself this isn't a game I'd buy because I don't have the right play group. But then it was the deal-of-the-day on one of the online stores, and I couldn't resist.

Hahahaha. I have so many games that I acquired in just this fashion.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:34 AM   #3811
Thomkal
Head Coach

Going to have to try the digital version of Root now I guess
Old 09-17-2021, 10:33 AM   #3812
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Be forewarned: it's INCREDIBLY assymetric. That is not only do the different factions have different strengths, they play by entirely different sets of rules, have different actions on each turn, and have different conditions for victory.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:21 AM   #3813
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Be forewarned: it's INCREDIBLY assymetric. That is not only do the different factions have different strengths, they play by entirely different sets of rules, have different actions on each turn, and have different conditions for victory.

My first game was as the Vagabond in a 3 player game. I loved watching the Eyrie and Marquise battle each other while my lone game piece wandered around the map completing quests and providing aid whenever it benefitted me (or stalled the runaway leader).
Old 09-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #3814
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trailer announcing the full release of the digital Gloomhaven Boardgame on Oct 20th!

Gloomhaven | Gameplay Overview Trailer - YouTube
Old 10-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #3815
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Trailer announcing the full release of the digital Gloomhaven Boardgame on Oct 20th!

Gloomhaven | Gameplay Overview Trailer - YouTube

Here's a first look at the first scenario in the Gloomhaven campaign:

Gloomhaven Digital - First look at the Campaign! - YouTube
Old 10-20-2021, 10:02 AM   #3816
Thomkal
Head Coach

Gloomhaven Campaign Mode and the release from Early Access should be live now on Steam and GOG. Other parts of the world may not be live yet.

As this is the release of the campaign mode, there are bound to be bugs, and I've noticed already that some are reporting a black screen in Campaign mode. There will likely be long loading screens especially when playing the various game modes for the first time. It may load quicker if you play through GeForce Now instead of Steam/Gog.

There is a tutorial, but it can be a long one especially if not familiar with the game. It can also be a bit "puzzley" -you are playing two or three characters in it, and only one way works in combat to get the tutorial to move on. I am not a big fan of that, but given I had no Gloomhaven experience before hand, I think in the end its a valuable experience. So if you have never played or have little experience with it, I would recommend you start with the tutorial,

Why? Because combat is very different-you are just not putting a card out like in Magic The Gathering, and highest total wins. You get to play 2 cards each round, and with them only one action on each card, one on the top, one on the bottom, and then you have to think about the other character you or your friend might be playing and what synergies exist between them to get the best possible results for all of them. And even when you think you have it all planned correctly, you might draw a modifier card that reduces/adds to the damage you expect, or even none at all.

If you are familiar with the board game, it might be okay to skip it, just realize there is no way their could be a 100% conversion to a digital format, so there are a few differences. Going through the tutorial should show you what many of those are and is a good transition to Guildmaster mode afterwards.

Sadly I was wrong about their being a discount on the game, sadly they raised it instead. The good news is that you can almost always find a sale on Asmodee Digital. The bad news? They just had a major one on most game sites, so it may take a while for another. With Black Friday around the corner though, there will be more sales coming.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:11 AM   #3817
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Last night I played the new "Dune: Imperium" board game. It was fantastic. You can play with up to 4 players.

It's a combination of worker placement (Waterdeep is the closest comp), deck building, and a little Endeavor (where you vie for influence and control over off-world factions). The three elements blend very nicely together.

Each phase begins with your standard worker placement mechanic. However, you can only place your workers if you have cards that correspond to certain types of locations. Each player starts with the same 10 card starter deck.

After all of your workers are placed - by playing cards - the cards you have left in your hand are revealed. Each card has a value at the bottom that can be used for "influence" - acquiring new & better cards - or to enhance your troops in combat.

After the reveal phase, there is the conflict phase. Each turn there is a designated conflict and there are rewards for the players who come in first, second and third, depending on the combat value of their respective armies (the number of troops deployed + any boosts from revealed cards or intrigue cards.)

It all works really well. The cards are all thematic and are a mix of characters from the books (move), equipment, etc.

It's a really solid game and I would say an improvement on Waterdeep given the additional mechanics. And I love Waterdeep.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 11-08-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:01 PM   #3818
tarcone
Coordinator

If you guys are interested in a fantastic political game check out Campaign Trail. It is a game about winning the presidential election. It is card driven and you get so many actions per card. There is a debate mechanic which works really well. It is 3 player but they are in the process of coming out with a 4th party.

I love this game and highly recommend it

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #3819
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Anyone who has Root Digital interested in getting an asynchronous (3 days/turn) game going? It cross-platform, so Steam, mobile, and now Switch versions can play together.
Old 11-22-2021, 01:44 PM   #3820
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Last night I played the new "Dune: Imperium" board game. It was fantastic. You can play with up to 4 players.

It's a combination of worker placement (Waterdeep is the closest comp), deck building, and a little Endeavor (where you vie for influence and control over off-world factions). The three elements blend very nicely together.

Each phase begins with your standard worker placement mechanic. However, you can only place your workers if you have cards that correspond to certain types of locations. Each player starts with the same 10 card starter deck.

After all of your workers are placed - by playing cards - the cards you have left in your hand are revealed. Each card has a value at the bottom that can be used for "influence" - acquiring new & better cards - or to enhance your troops in combat.

After the reveal phase, there is the conflict phase. Each turn there is a designated conflict and there are rewards for the players who come in first, second and third, depending on the combat value of their respective armies (the number of troops deployed + any boosts from revealed cards or intrigue cards.)

It all works really well. The cards are all thematic and are a mix of characters from the books (move), equipment, etc.

It's a really solid game and I would say an improvement on Waterdeep given the additional mechanics. And I love Waterdeep.

Sometimes it takes me two weeks or two months or two years to provide a relevant comment to something, but I would like to add on my thoughts to this if you don't mind.

I am in complete agreement with you about the game, but I would like to just call out two minor criticisms I have with it. The first is that I think it takes a little too long to start building an engine. I feel like I kinda want one or two more rounds out of the game. The more prominent criticism, however, is that the game only has maybe two or three intrigue cards that provide points at the end of the game. I wish the game had more of those or none at all. With that said, as long as all of the players are aware that those cards exist, I don't have a huge problem with it, but it can slightly unbalance things if some players know about those cards and others don't know.

Otherwise, great game, and I look forward to playing it again soon.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:21 PM   #3821
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Sometimes it takes me two weeks or two months or two years to provide a relevant comment to something, but I would like to add on my thoughts to this if you don't mind.

I am in complete agreement with you about the game, but I would like to just call out two minor criticisms I have with it. The first is that I think it takes a little too long to start building an engine. I feel like I kinda want one or two more rounds out of the game. The more prominent criticism, however, is that the game only has maybe two or three intrigue cards that provide points at the end of the game. I wish the game had more of those or none at all. With that said, as long as all of the players are aware that those cards exist, I don't have a huge problem with it, but it can slightly unbalance things if some players know about those cards and others don't know.

Otherwise, great game, and I look forward to playing it again soon.

Pumpy!!! Great to hear from you, brother. You're always welcome to add your thoughts.

I would totally agree with both. I've only played it once, so I haven't been exposed to too many of the intrigue cards, but one of the players had one of those cards that gave victory points and it was a huge advantage over the other three players (who didn't get one). As a result, that part does seem a bit too random given that it's such a huge benefit.

I, also, agree about the game feeling like it needs a few more turns. We, actually, didn't know the rule that once the last conflict card is in play, that's it. So, we were all caught a bit off guard when the final turn came.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:01 PM   #3822
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Amazon Prime has some solid deals for prime day Amazon Prime Day’s board game sale is the best we’ve seen in years - Polygon
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:22 PM   #3823
Annaaa
n00b

I don't know how much of a board game it is, but my friends and I play it very often. It is called Spy. a program is downloaded on the phone, you can choose a theme, then one by one you look at the hidden word, but 1 or 2 people do not know what the word is, they are spies. other players put leading questions in turn and so spies must know what everyone is talking about. something like this. It was my favorite game during pregnancy. due to the fact that I had bed rest during pregnancy, I only stayed home. It was good that my friends would come to visit to cheer me up.

Last edited by Annaaa : 11-30-2022 at 01:31 PM.
Annaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:58 AM   #3824
Umbrella
High School Varsity

My copy of Mr. President is supposed to arrive today. It's been years in the making, and I'm stoked to get this one going.

GMT Games - Mr. President: The American Presidency, 2001-2020
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 12:04 PM   #3825
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
My copy of Mr. President is supposed to arrive today. It's been years in the making, and I'm stoked to get this one going.

My bro-in-law got that, and we are gonna give it a play sometime next month
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 01:29 PM   #3826
Izulde
Head Coach

I played a basic version of Carcassone with friends a couple weeks ago. Obviously one of the great classics but I'd never played before. Ended up a 6 point differential between 1st and 3rd - it was that tight a game.

My own all-time favorite, Obsession, is evidently getting another mini-expansion in the fall and I of course will pick that up (Just packed both boxes in a suitcase to take back with me so I can finally start playing again after I finally found the box they were packed away in at my house)

I also Kickstarted Pest and BOTANY: Flower Hunting in the Victorian Era (with both expansions). The latter was one of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns I've ever seen - they were hoping to raise $5,000 to get a bit of a start on their small game publishing company. They ended up raising a little over $1.057 million and suddenly the company is fully realized, off and running. Such a cool story.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 07:49 PM   #3827
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'll be interested to know your thoughts. I was following it a bit several years back and it's still loosely on my radar. Kind of sounds like the Democracy video game series.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 07:39 PM   #3828
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I'll be interested to know your thoughts. I was following it a bit several years back and it's still loosely on my radar. Kind of sounds like the Democracy video game series.

I'm digging it so far, but it is very difficult. I started a dynasty thread about it, if you want to follow my struggles.

I haven't played much Democracy, but this game has captured my imagination more than Democracy ever did. Democracy felt like just applying numbers to things. Mr. President does a much better job of creating a narrative, in my opinion.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 04:28 PM   #3829
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm digging it so far, but it is very difficult. I started a dynasty thread about it, if you want to follow my struggles.

I haven't played much Democracy, but this game has captured my imagination more than Democracy ever did. Democracy felt like just applying numbers to things. Mr. President does a much better job of creating a narrative, in my opinion.

This is good stuff. It skews a little difficult for me for a two player game. I'm considering Watergate to scratch my Politics itch.

Edit: Now see there I went talking about something I was sure I knew all about. I'm thinking of a different game. This one here is solo only, and definitely an order of magnitude above what I typically play.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 06-30-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 04:26 PM   #3830
tarcone
Coordinator

Been awhile

Im back into boardgaming with gusto.

The game on my table is Mr. President.

Wow is this a procedural beast. Rated 4.71 out of 5 at BGG. I have spent about 20 hours on set up and getting through the 1st turn.

But it is amazing and the events and actions are incredible.

Great design by Gene Bilingsley at GMT

Old 11-30-2023, 09:04 AM   #3831
MJ4H
Coordinator

We do board games nearly every Saturday. Games we played this past weekend:

Ark Nova (my current favorite)
Dominion (one of the best games ever made)
Honey Buzz (worker placement, tile laying)
Flamecraft (worker placement, community engine building)
Hollywood 1947 (light social deduction)
Don't Mess with Chthulhu (we play this almost every weekend)
The Crew (cooperative trick taking game)
Mystic Vale (deck builder where you can also build your cards)
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 10:30 AM   #3832
tarcone
Coordinator

Ark Nova is on my must buy list for 2024.

I am playing solo these days.
Just bought Sniper Kill Confirmed, my 1st roll and write game Railroad Ink: Deep Blue Edition, and Here Be Dragons: Into the Unknown

Old 11-30-2023, 10:42 AM   #3833
Bobble
College Prospect

Any good recommendations for two-person games that Mrs. Bobble and I can play? We're into Wingspan and CV but would love to add to the mix.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:43 AM   #3834
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What's CV?
Old 11-30-2023, 11:54 AM   #3835
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
What's CV?

CV for curriculum vitae. It's kinda like mash-up of Life and Yatzee. BoardGameGeek page here. I saw it listed as a good two-person game and the Mrs. is a fan of Yatzee.
Old 11-30-2023, 12:26 PM   #3836
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Any good recommendations for two-person games that Mrs. Bobble and I can play? We're into Wingspan and CV but would love to add to the mix.

Azul | Board Game | BoardGameGeek
Old 11-30-2023, 12:55 PM   #3837
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Just a note, azul 2 player played competitively is actually a pretty mean game.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 01:01 PM   #3838
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Interesting. I've only played it in groups. I was recommending it in part b/c of the casual nature (like Wingspan). Good to know re: 2 player.

Twilight Struggle is amazing, and it is my favorite two player game, but it is more involved than the other ones noted.
Old 11-30-2023, 01:14 PM   #3839
bob
College Starter

The Fox in the Forest is a trick-taking game for two players. Recommended
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 01:30 PM   #3840
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to do the plaay.com games in the new year. Played several before, and they have a bunch of new games I had.

Second Season: Good
Roller Rumble: Great (love the old Roller Derby)
Nascar game: Good, but too many pieces

they have baseball, basketball, golf and tennis games I have yet to try (plus I probably will get the new versions of Roller Rumble/Second Season at some point)
Old 11-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #3841
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I'm going to do the plaay.com games in the new year. Played several before, and they have a bunch of new games I had.

Second Season: Good
Roller Rumble: Great (love the old Roller Derby)
Nascar game: Good, but too many pieces

they have baseball, basketball, golf and tennis games I have yet to try (plus I probably will get the new versions of Roller Rumble/Second Season at some point)

I've got Roller Rumble and History Maker Baseball. I've had fun with both. I've toyed with generating a schedule for History Maker Baseball and playing through their Continental League set. I like History Maker a lot, it has lead to some memorable moments in just 20 games. Walk off double plays and hits.

I'm looking to play through the '75 world series (Cincinnati v Boston) as that is more bite size than playing through a full season schedule.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:34 PM   #3842
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If you like abstracts
-Onitama
-Santorini

The Mrs and I really like
-Sagrada (Dice rolling a drafting)...If D&D is appealing there is an alternative here called Roll Player, where you draft dice to define and kit out a D and D character.

-Kingdom Builder...This is quite old, but it really shines as a two player, especially when you're learning together. Two things. Some people complain that this game's decisions are trivial or that it is too luck driven. I disagree with both. You need to make decisions to mitigate the randomness of the card draw. The second thing, is that there is a new version of this that is supposed to be a bit more complex, but is appealing to some of the original nay-sayers. That game is Winter Kingdoms.

Another oldie is Dominion. I'm sure that a trip to the BGG forums will lead you down the best path to starting a journey into Dominion in '23/'24.

-Splendor or Splendor Duel are both good options on the lighter side.

-Seven Wonders Duel is another two player version that works as well or better than the original title.

Edit to Add "Welcome to": A roll and write that works for pretty much all player counts.

This week, Shut up Sit Down did a Christmas game round up with a lot of two player games.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 11-30-2023 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:05 PM   #3843
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I got into Pandemic Legacy Season 0 earlier this month, we're into month 3. It's similarly different from plain Pandemic and the start of Season 1, but not quite the same as Season 2. I hope it will end up being as much of a blast as we had with Season 1 and Season 2.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 03:11 PM   #3844
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Edit to Add "Welcome to": A roll and write that works for pretty much all player counts.

Good list up there. In a similar vein to this one: Cartographers, a Flip and Write is a good one for all player counts as well.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:22 PM   #3845
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
CV for curriculum vitae. It's kinda like mash-up of Life and Yatzee. BoardGameGeek page here. I saw it listed as a good two-person game and the Mrs. is a fan of Yatzee.

If she's a fan of Yahtzee, have you considered any of the "...Clever" games?

That's Pretty Clever!
Twice as Clever!
Clever Cubed
Clever 4Ever

I've only played the first one (That's Pretty Clever!) but all four are available on Android (and I assume iOS) if you want to give them a try.

Description: Choose your dice cleverly in That's Pretty Clever! to enter them into the matching colored areas on your score sheet, putting together tricky chain-scoring opportunities, and racking up the points! The dice you don't use are as important as those you do, because every die with a lower value than the chosen one can be used by the other players, keeping everyone in the game at all times.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:27 AM   #3846
Bobble
College Prospect

Lots of good recommendations. Thanks. I'll check 'em out.
Old 12-01-2023, 11:20 AM   #3847
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Good list up there. In a similar vein to this one: Cartographers, a Flip and Write is a good one for all player counts as well.

This may be my favorite X and write. The welcome to games are also up there.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:44 PM   #3848
tarcone
Coordinator

just got and played Railroad Ink" Deep blue.

Played while watching the football game on the couch. Exactly what I want in this game. Love it and better than scrolling for sure.

Old 12-05-2023, 09:14 AM   #3849
AnalBumCover
College Starter

A fun game we're playing during the holiday season is Exit: The Advent Calendar. A once-a-day puzzle that you can solve from December 1 through December 24. The solution to the day's puzzle leads you to the door to open the next day. This is our second year doing these. I hope they continue releasing new calendars each year because it's become a new tradition in the ABC household.
Old 12-10-2023, 10:24 AM   #3850
tarcone
Coordinator

Tell me about Spirit Island

Also, 2 browser based wargames

Israeli Independence
Israeli Independence

Battle for Moscow
404 Not Found

Says not found but link is good

Last edited by tarcone : 12-10-2023 at 10:24 AM.