Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2021, 10:51 AM   #3901
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Too much government oversight is bad! Unless it's telling a woman what she can do with her body, then it is totally cool!
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:19 AM   #3902
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Too much government oversight is bad! Unless it's telling a woman what she can do with her body, then it is totally cool!

It's the same flavor of "state's rights" charade it's always been - decisions should be made at whatever level the GOP controls. There's no consistency - if a bad law can be made at the national level, that's where it should happen. If it's state level, that's where it should happen. If it overrules local control? That's ok. But if they only control the local school board but not the state - that's where it should happen.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:27 PM   #3903
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It's the same flavor of "state's rights" charade it's always been - decisions should be made at whatever level the GOP controls. There's no consistency - if a bad law can be made at the national level, that's where it should happen. If it's state level, that's where it should happen. If it overrules local control? That's ok. But if they only control the local school board but not the state - that's where it should happen.

SI

I was literally going to type all that. That's the argument I use when people argue states rights. I simply argue county, city, HOA, in succession and it goes predictably where it should.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:29 PM   #3904
PilotMan
Head Coach

I cannot wait for all the Satanic Temple lawsuits that are coming out of the vaccine and abortion regs to hit the courts. If course, by then, it'll be a one party government, and it won't be freedom of religion, it'll be freedom of christianity, and nothing else.

Like Steam?

Old 10-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #3905
JPhillips
General Manager

Anyone that thinks local government is better and less corrupt than state or national government isn't paying attention to the people running their local governments.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:44 PM   #3906
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

No kidding. State and local government are more corrupt by a mile. They have much less scrutiny than the federal government.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:59 PM   #3907
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott bans any COVID-19 vaccine mandates | The Texas Tribune

Greg Abbott tacking (even more) to the right to oppose them because his primary candidate next year is making noise about it

SI

From what I've seen, Abbott is trying to run to the right of everyone in the primary. I was just reading where he pulled the state's teen suicide hotline offline for "updating" after one of the opponents attacked him because it offers resources to LGBTQ+ teens.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #3908
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
No kidding. State and local government are more corrupt by a mile. They have much less scrutiny than the federal government.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cheaper to buy, too

SI

Old 10-12-2021, 06:06 PM   #3909
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
From what I've seen, Abbott is trying to run to the right of everyone in the primary. I was just reading where he pulled the state's teen suicide hotline offline for "updating" after one of the opponents attacked him because it offers resources to LGBTQ+ teens.

Pro life!
Old 10-13-2021, 05:04 PM   #3910
cuervo72
Head Coach

Senate candidate Herschel Walker cancels fundraiser after uproar over donor’s use of vaccine-needle swastika in profile

C'mon, Herschel -- you know what you signed up for.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #3911
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

I'm not sure he knows which team drafted him.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:29 PM   #3912
JPhillips
General Manager

I fucking love how Trump is threatening the GOP by saying people shouldn't vote unless the GOP overturns the 2020 election.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:38 PM   #3913
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

Just saw a poll with the GOP at 46% favoring mandatory childhood vaccines. Simply amazing how fast they have become an anti-vax party.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #3914
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think we can all agree with this:

Trump Urges Republicans to Sit Out Coming Elections
Old 10-13-2021, 10:13 PM   #3915
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I think we can all agree with this:

Trump Urges Republicans to Sit Out Coming Elections

I wonder if this is going to be his excuse when he decides to not run. Maybe I am giving him too much credit. But I can see a scenario where he drops out because he can't participate if they are going to cheat again. them whomever gets the nomination loses he can claim had he run he would have won.
Old 10-13-2021, 10:17 PM   #3916
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dola- I am hopped up on painkillers so if that makes zero sense thats why
Old 10-14-2021, 07:31 AM   #3917
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I hope you brought enough for the rest of the class.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:50 AM   #3918
cuervo72
Head Coach

I think it's just to rile everyone up, "remind" everyone how bad the voting mechanisms are, then use it as more of an excuse to overturn things down the road because though they've tried, things weren't adequately "fixed."
Old 10-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #3919
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I seriously doubt he's going to be saying this next November. This is just a tug of war with the GOP over power - reminding them they need to kowtow to him or he can really screw them.

SI

Old 10-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #3920
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I seriously doubt he's going to be saying this next November. This is just a tug of war with the GOP over power - reminding them they need to kowtow to him or he can really screw them.

SI

I think it's partly to remind the GOP he's in control of the party and partly to give himself an out if polling doesn't look good.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:47 PM   #3921
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Trump starting a "free speech" social media site. Part of the TOS is you aren't allowed to post criticism of the site.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:02 PM   #3922
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Whatever happened to the My Pillow Guy social media site?
Old 10-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #3923
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I cannot believe we're just going to let this shit happen in slow motion.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:49 PM   #3924
kingfc22
Head Coach

Off to a good start and headed along the lines of everything else this assclown touches...failure

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...fake-accounts/

Quote:
But within hours, pranksters found what appeared to be an unreleased test version and posted a picture of a defecating pig to the “donaldjtrump” account.

Quote:
But the site’s early hours revealed lax security, rehashed features and a flurry of bizarre design decisions. An open sign-up page allowed anyone to use the site shortly after it was revealed, sparking the creation of the “donaldjtrump” account and the pig posting. A Washington Post reporter was able to register and post under the account name “mikepence” without any stops in place.

Quote:
The site’s terms of service, however, list some rules that would hamstring Trump himself. The site will ban, for instance, “excessive use of capital letters” — a hallmark of Trump’s online screeds.

Though the site portrays itself as a refuge for free speech uncensored by Big Tech, Trump’s site will ban any content that would “disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site,” the terms state.
Old 10-21-2021, 05:45 PM   #3925
RainMaker
General Manager

Found this a little funny. This guy didn't technically attend the January 6th attack but posted vague threats online (which after reading, sound not much different from stuff you come across online all the time).

Not only did a judge sentence him to serve time, but it was beyond what the prosecutor even asked for (time served). Kind of shocking considering the slaps on the wrist everyone else got until you see the mugshot.

Troy Smocks Gets 14 Months For Threatening Jan. 6 Posts
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:04 PM   #3926
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Found this a little funny. This guy didn't technically attend the January 6th attack but posted vague threats online (which after reading, sound not much different from stuff you come across online all the time).

Not only did a judge sentence him to serve time, but it was beyond what the prosecutor even asked for (time served). Kind of shocking considering the slaps on the wrist everyone else got until you see the mugshot.

Troy Smocks Gets 14 Months For Threatening Jan. 6 Posts

Still not long enough, and yes, I get the point you are making.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:03 AM   #3927
whomario
Pro Starter

'I've lost my joy': Anti-vax Republican, who worked for the Trump campaign and embraced QAnon, says she has COVID-19

I give you a senate candidate for one of two american parties.

Props for going with the "tests gave me Covid" trope for variety. Also, the "need a good husband for advice" line, way to know your audience.

And given the number of disgusting non covid stuff here, the Covid Statements might not even make her personal top 3 lunatic moments. Looks like she's trying haaaaard to tick all the boxes.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:07 AM   #3928
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well she is a whole new special level of batshit crazy isn't she?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:13 AM   #3929
PilotMan
Head Coach

She's very on brand for the *new* GOP.

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #3930
cuervo72
Head Coach

Wasn't the previous Delaware GOP candidate a witch or something?
Old 10-22-2021, 09:13 AM   #3931
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Wasn't the previous Delaware GOP candidate a witch or something?

it's been a while, but yes that was definitely a thing...candidate for US Senate, maybe?

(quick search)

ding ding!

'I'm Not A Witch,' Republican Candidate Christine O'Donnell Tells Delaware Voters : The Two-Way : NPR
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 01:44 PM   #3932
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Still not long enough, and yes, I get the point you are making.

No jail time for a couple who was actually there and said they'd do it again. And the fine and jail time is less than what you get here for stealing someone's phone.

Reggie Walton Fines Lori and Thomas Vinson in Jan. 6 Case
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #3933
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Serious food for thought. When I ask these kinds of questions it tends to just rile up the board, so I'll shut up and go away if that happens. But recent events, and stuff like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips in another thread
I'm now pro-wall. At the FL border.

have me seriously wondering. I think a second Civil War in the sense of the populace taking up arms against each other en masse unrealistic because people don't care enough, we're too comfortable in our modern prosperous lifestyles.

But let's say a minority of states decided they really did want to secede. Hypothetically, let's call it Florida, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, throw in a few others but it's a significant amount though less than half the country. How would it play out? How far would the rest of the country push it? Presume the national guard/police/military units in those states back up the secession movement. Congress and the courts could do whatever they wanted, but if push did come to shove, would we send in the Army to put down the rebellion? If so, what would we consider an 'acceptable loss of life' to preserve the Union?

I honestly don't know what would happen if this actually came about in modern America. I'm curious what the board thinks.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-24-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #3934
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I happened to catch an old South Park episode on this topic centered around the Iraqi War. It was basically everyone drawing a line down the center of town and then agreeing to let the other side through for school, stores, etc., and when the impossibility of truly separating became quickly apparently, that we should remain united because we are a country that says one thing and does another.

I have no idea how that would play out in real life. I suppose your college towns and large cities would be a bloodbath because that's where the "blue populace" largely sits and would be the only thing standing between full secession and just rural areas claiming independence.

I have been worried for a while about the fact that we are quickly losing any commonalities, even beyond the political hyperbole. When it comes down to things like the pandemic, where you see how certain people respond to an actual situation, not just political theater, you start to question whether you want to live in the same community as these people. Even people you've known for years, when you see them doing things that seem crazy to you, you start to ask a lot of questions about who they really are and how they could come to those kinds of opinions/actions.

Frankly, it's depressing to think about.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-24-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #3935
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think it would be a mess with the cities vs the suburbs. It wouldn't be states vs states, it'd just be one big muddle.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:55 PM   #3936
PilotMan
Head Coach

The major issue with the US trying to put down any sort of secessionist movement, or "freedom" movement within the country, and doing so with military force, is that for most of the last 80 years the USA has genuinely stood behind the revolutionary forces and pressured foreign nations to relent to those pressures. They have internationally chastised countries that have used force, held them up as civil rights violators, and painted them as enemies of the free world. So should that shoe be on the other foot, and should the US enter into those political and military devices that they have publicly opposed, it does nothing but drive the wedge, and international standing down to a point where countries that routinely do those things, like China, and Russia hold themselves up to their own populace as the 'right' form of government.

What should they do? They should declare those states as enemies of the nations and immediately and forcefully undercut them, put them back in their place and reassert the necessary authority that the state possesses.

Like Steam?

Old 10-24-2021, 07:51 PM   #3937
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Serious food for thought. When I ask these kinds of questions it tends to just rile up the board, so I'll shut up and go away if that happens. But recent events, and stuff like this:

have me seriously wondering. I think a second Civil War in the sense of the populace taking up arms against each other en masse unrealistic because people don't care enough, we're too comfortable in our modern prosperous lifestyles.

But let's say a minority of states decided they really did want to secede. Hypothetically, let's call it Florida, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, throw in a few others but it's a significant amount though less than half the country. How would it play out? How far would the rest of the country push it? Presume the national guard/police/military units in those states back up the secession movement. Congress and the courts could do whatever they wanted, but if push did come to shove, would we send in the Army to put down the rebellion? If so, what would we consider an 'acceptable loss of life' to preserve the Union?

I honestly don't know what would happen if this actually came about in modern America. I'm curious what the board thinks.

I don't have an answer to your question Brian because I can't wrap my head around the states seceding. Being an American seems way too important to leave that.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #3938
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I think it would be a mess with the cities vs the suburbs. It wouldn't be states vs states, it'd just be one big muddle.

I would say city and suburbs vs. the rural areas.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:56 PM   #3939
JPhillips
General Manager

It can't happen because we're too mixed at the state level.

What states did Biden receive his second and third highest vote totals? Texas and Florida. Even MS had a Dem win 46% of the votes in the last Gov race.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:26 PM   #3940
henry296
College Starter

On the topic of succession, there was a story this week about the 3 rural MD panhandle counties reaching about joining West Virginia.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:43 PM   #3941
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It can't happen because we're too mixed at the state level.

What states did Biden receive his second and third highest vote totals? Texas and Florida. Even MS had a Dem win 46% of the votes in the last Gov race.

Sometimes I try to explain to people back home in New England that EVERYONE in Idaho isn't a Trumper, in fact, only 50% voted for him in my county, and that I don't even know any admitted Trumpers or anti-vaxxers personally, except maybe as friends of friends I know of.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:53 PM   #3942
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hell, there are folks, well off folks in my town that fly the "Don't tread on me flag"
Old 10-24-2021, 11:07 PM   #3943
PilotMan
Head Coach

Great final line on a WaPo editorial today:

Quote:
When the shared understandings that undergird democratic stability erode to the point of implosion, sometimes only the proper and judicious use of power will suffice to guarantee that stability endures.

Like Steam?

Old 10-25-2021, 05:52 AM   #3944
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I don't have an answer to your question Brian because I can't wrap my head around the states seceding. Being an American seems way too important to leave that.

At the start of the month a poll was released showing 41% of Biden voters want it to happen, and 52% of Trump voters. I would have agreed with you a few years ago, but things have changed. If those numbers go north of 60% or whatever, it's not outside the realm of possibility. The pandemic has really accelerated a trend that was already happening; the whole 'more unites us than divides us' sentiment ain't what it used to be.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-25-2021 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:56 AM   #3945
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Rolling Stone came out with an article late last night where they had talked to three of the conspirators who had/are cooperating with the Jan 6 Committee and if true looks pretty damning for those in Trump's orbit, especially the usual suspects among Republican Congressmen/women. I would like it a more "newsy" news service had come out with this, but a lot coincides with the research Seth Abramson has been tweeting about for months now, and is being discussed by the Committee.

Two Jan. 6 Planners Cooperate With Committee, Name MAGA Congress Members - Rolling Stone
Old 10-25-2021, 07:25 AM   #3946
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

I would say the loss of those state you mentioned, maybe with the exception of Texas, would be an acceptable loss for the US.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:27 AM   #3947
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Rolling Stone came out with an article late last night where they had talked to three of the conspirators who had/are cooperating with the Jan 6 Committee and if true looks pretty damning for those in Trump's orbit, especially the usual suspects among Republican Congressmen/women. I would like it a more "newsy" news service had come out with this, but a lot coincides with the research Seth Abramson has been tweeting about for months now, and is being discussed by the Committee.

Two Jan. 6 Planners Cooperate With Committee, Name MAGA Congress Members - Rolling Stone

And nothing will happen because Biden selected a spineless, dickless, AG.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:14 AM   #3948
Kodos
Resident Alien

If Texas wants to leave, good riddance. Worst state in the Union.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:27 AM   #3949
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Just read the article. This guy hits all the Fox News talking points.

Quote:
“No one cares about Jan. 6 when gas prices are skyrocketing, grocery store shelves are empty, unemployment is skyrocketing, businesses are going bankrupt, our border is being invaded, children are forced to wear masks, vaccine mandates are getting workers fired, and 13 members of our military are murdered by the Taliban and Americans are left stranded in Afghanistan,” Dyer wrote.

Like I said earlier. Nothing is going to happen. They are going to drag this out until 22, win back the majority, and history will be rewritten so Jan 6 never happened. Garland is a dickless coward too worried about optics and peoples feelings. Bill Barr would have people in jail by now.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-25-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:17 AM   #3950
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan
What should they do? They should declare those states as enemies of the nations and immediately and forcefully undercut them, put them back in their place and reassert the necessary authority that the state possesses.

I agree with the first part of your post. I would like to understand what you mean by this part, but am unable. Are you willing to expound?