Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
WVUFAN
College Starter

Iron Man 2

The new trailer is out:

Apple - Movie Trailers - Iron Man 2

War Machine looks incredible, but I'm not thrilled with Whiplash.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
JediKooter
Coordinator

Whiplash looked ok to me cinematic wise. What was wrong? I do have to disclose that I never read any Iron Man comics, so I'm not sure if it is a true interpretation of him.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don;t like the replacement of Howard for Rhodes.

edit: And I'm not convinced a certain Scarlett is a good cast for Black widow, but I reserve judgment.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-17-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I don;t like the replacement of Howard for Rhodes.

I do. I really like Don Cheadle and didn't think Terrence Howard brought anything to the table. He was pretty much a non-entity in the first movie. I've never known Cheadle to be a non-entity in anything. I look forward to the improvement.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I do. I really like Don Cheadle and didn't think Terrence Howard brought anything to the table. He was pretty much a non-entity in the first movie. I've never known Cheadle to be a non-entity in anything. I look forward to the improvement.

I think Howard looked more the part though. It's hard to imagine one casting that was fairly accurate to the Rhodes we all know and love from teh comics to Cheadle.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who looks more like Rhodes?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

Does that say "Exactly what are you doing here, cunt?"
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Does that say "Exactly what are you doing here, cunt?"

I think it's "Clint", not cunt. I assume he's talking to Hawkeye aka Clint Barton.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Howard looks more like Rhodes, but I'll take better acting chops over exact looks.

I mean, who looks more like Sabertooth:

Or

And who looks more like Nick Fury?

Or?

Old 12-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #10
Travis
Pro Rookie

May want to remove the Nick Fury comparison. I mean the one version of Fury was actually based on Jackson from what I've read, so he's going to get that one without much of a contest

And yes, I know you're referring to the original version of Fury, but it seems like they're mismatching versions of characters as they see fit in the movies, so I can only assume they're intending on it being the "newer" Fury.

Last edited by Travis : 12-17-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #11
spleen1015
Coordinator

The black Nick Fury is from the Ultimate line of comics.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #12
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

I very much agree with this. I thought Howard was the weakest actor/part in the first movie. I love IM1 because it was played "realistically". I am definitely not a superhero comic book fan so I thought the fight with Iron Monger cheapened the whole movie. Tony should have fought him like he did Ten Rings, whom they turned into a true bad guy and not a comic book villan. It looks like IM2 is all comic book stuff, so I'll pass, unfortunately.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
May want to remove the Nick Fury comparison. I mean the one version of Fury was actually based on Jackson from what I've read, so he's going to get that one without much of a contest

And yes, I know you're referring to the original version of Fury, but it seems like they're mismatching versions of characters as they see fit in the movies, so I can only assume they're intending on it being the "newer" Fury.

Considering Hasselhoff's eyepatch is on the wrong side, I'd give it to the Jackson version as well.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post

I don't acknowledge any "newer" Nick Fury.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #15
WVUFAN
College Starter

I actually like the Ultimate Nick Fury better than the Marvel Universe version.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #16
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Whiplash looked ok to me cinematic wise. What was wrong? I do have to disclose that I never read any Iron Man comics, so I'm not sure if it is a true interpretation of him.

He might have had a costume change since then, but this was Whiplash/Backlash when I read Iron Man growing up:

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MarvelTeam-Up145.jpg

Old 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #17
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't acknowledge any "newer" Nick Fury.

Heh, fair enough. My dad was a big Fury and the Howling Commando's fan so I haven't even mentioned the Jackson version to him. He'll probably catch Iron Man on TV at some point, but he'll probably fall asleep before the end (his norm, nothing to do with the movie) and sleep right through the cameo. He probably won't get a chance to be disappointed until the Avengers movie.