Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #51
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
I enjoy this game a lot. Probably much moreso than PB2016 because recruiting is fun. Recruiting is not as detailed and great as it is from College Hoops 2K8 (I don't think that game's recruiting will ever be topped) but it's still good. I just wished there were viewable and sortable stars for the recruits on the hub.

Agreed...I think the star ratings need to be displayed on the recruiting list, plus on the recruit's player card as well. When you purchase the gold version of the scouting report it mentions having access to them, but haven't seen them being made available. Hoping this is something that can be added.

SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #52
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
I enjoy this game a lot. Probably much moreso than PB2016 because recruiting is fun. Recruiting is not as detailed and great as it is from College Hoops 2K8 (I don't think that game's recruiting will ever be topped) but it's still good. I just wished there were viewable and sortable stars for the recruits on the hub.

Well I'm certainly open for suggestions - what data would you prefer replaced on the recruiting screen for that? Also what in your opinion makes the "stars" better than the overall (OV) and positional (PS) ranks? I would think it is better to see that player X is rated 33rd overall instead of one of a handful of five-star recruits. Also the "by stars" filter should help you - if you want to just see 5 star guys you would sort 5 star to 5 star which would essentially give you what you want although someone mentioned it may not be functioning correctly which I will look into.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #53
BigDPW
College Prospect

Gary I have not purchased one of your B-Ball games in a few years. I love the way the demos are playing and am strongly considering taking the 25% off offer to purchase both together. That being said there are a couple minor issues that erode my enjoyment of the game (ease of play).

- Why is there no roster screen with both the ovr/pot ratings and the class yr (sr/jr/so/fr) represented on the same screen. This little annoyance seems to really make it hard for me to quickly get accustomed to my team the first time I load up the game and makes early recruiting strategy hard to set up without really diving in deep and clicking on each player card and writing down information outside of the game or on the notepad.... My suggestion would be to include the class on the depth chart screen at a minimum so I can quickly scan and see that say my starting PG, SF, and 6th man are all seniors while I have a stud 4.5/5 OVR JR C that may likely think of going pro after my first year without all the clicks and notes. Would also be great if the OVR rating was noted on the roster screen but that would probably not be as helpful as the first suggestion. On my screen it appears there is probably enough screen real estate to fit this in but you probably better understand the limitations you are working with at other screen resolutions.

- There is no widget to see the standings in either game when you are on the sim screen (my suggestion would be to add one to either the left (info/social media) widget or the right team info

-Also as previously mentioned the depth chart and sub matrix auto button seems to be missing in the college game.

Again I am a big fan of your work and appreciate all the hard work you put into these games. Just thought some constructive feedback about how a relative newbie to your newer products might feel when interacting with the demo and what might be barriers to guys like me taking the plunge to purchase.

Last edited by BigDPW : 03-13-2016 at 02:04 PM.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #54
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Well I'm certainly open for suggestions - what data would you prefer replaced on the recruiting screen for that? Also what in your opinion makes the "stars" better than the overall (OV) and positional (PS) ranks? I would think it is better to see that player X is rated 33rd overall instead of one of a handful of five-star recruits. Also the "by stars" filter should help you - if you want to just see 5 star guys you would sort 5 star to 5 star which would essentially give you what you want although someone mentioned it may not be functioning correctly which I will look into.

That would work if you only wanted to see one level of star rating at a time...if you wanted to see all your 4 and 5 star rated players, then you wouldn't know which players are which in the display.

On the scouting screen where book versions are described, the gold says star ratings would be made available. Also, I am pretty sure a team goal stating you need to get a certain star rated player. If we can't see their star ratings, not sure how we would know that we achieved that goal..and if star ratings have been taken out, then thinking the scouting type should have that verbiage removed.

Although I do agree the positional rankings is helpful, I think a lot of folks talk about players being a star rating level..just seems like a common way to describe players.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #55
korme
Go Reds

Find it tedious that while watching a cpu controlled gamecast the flow of the game is interrupted every time there is a dead ball. Continuously hitting the play button instead of just watching the game score is tiring.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #56
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Is it different then the pro game? I haven't tried the college game, but in the options for the pro game you can uncheck pause at all stops or something like that.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #57
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

I do believe there is an option since I just did a gamecast and there were no stops, except at half time but I had that option turned on as well.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #58
korme
Go Reds

Ah, thanks.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #59
wustin
College Prospect

Quote:

I don't see how you couldn't have both, it would be just another column.

And the "by stars" filter has not been working for me.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #60
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Big Mike took some time to write a few comments about DDS:CB 2016 today including a video where he's talking about some of his favorite parts of what he has found so far in the game. Check it out!

http://thebigmikeblog.com/2016/03/15...ulation-style/
Old 03-18-2016, 02:48 PM   #61
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyBelle1 View Post
Agreed...I think the star ratings need to be displayed on the recruiting list, plus on the recruit's player card as well. When you purchase the gold version of the scouting report it mentions having access to them, but haven't seen them being made available. Hoping this is something that can be added.

Just wanted to clear this up for everyone - if you want to see the star ratings you have to purchase the gold version of the report. Then when you go to the recruiting page you need to click the highlighted report icon near the lower left. When you do that the recruit grid will repopulate and you will see a number in the MAG column. That's the star rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin
And the "by stars" filter has not been working for me.

This plays with the above - if you clicked on the report icon and then try to filter by stars it works. If you're trying to filter by stars without the gold star report you don't have access to the stars so it doesn't filter anything.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:40 PM   #62
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Thanks for clarification.....question though. Some times you get a team goal to recruit a certain star rated player....so only way to know for sure if you can meet that goal is to buy gold report? Otherwise you would be guessing?
Old 03-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #63
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Yeah that would be the only way to know for sure
Old 03-18-2016, 08:44 PM   #64
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah that would be the only way to know for sure

Hopefully the small schools with small budgets don't get those team goals...or buying the report would break their backs
Old 03-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #65
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

1.1 update now available - enjoy your tourney weekend!

• View topic - DDS:CB 2016 Game Files - latest version 1.1

Last edited by Gary Gorski : 03-19-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #66
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

1.2 update available

• View topic - DDS:CB 2016 Game Files - latest version 1.2
Old 04-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #67
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

1.3 update today - couple of the community members wrote a manual for the game to help new players out and its part of the update.

• View topic - DDS:CB 2016 Game Files - latest version 1.3
Old 04-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #68
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
1.3 update today - couple of the community members wrote a manual for the game to help new players out and its part of the update.

• View topic - DDS:CB 2016 Game Files - latest version 1.3

Manual was definitely needed. The game can have a steep learning curve for new players.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #69
Joshmon1
n00b

DDCB16 Demo Crash

Trying out the DDCB16, and running into a crash issue while recruiting. Has happened 3 times in a row, where I only get 3 to 6 weeks of recruiting (to Late July or Mid-August) before it dies.

Seems like an interesting game, and I could see if there was a time limit on the demo, but the random crashes makes me think the game is not stable.

"An Unhandled Exception Occurred: Specified Argument is out of Range of valid values

Parameter Name: Value

The game will now exit: please contact wolverine support "
Joshmon1 is offline   Reply With Quote