Old 01-25-2021, 09:32 AM   #6501
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

NG?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #6502
Thomkal
Head Coach

IndieGala with a good (?) deal on a XCom2 collection that contains the base game, the War of the Chosen expansion and 4 DLC's normally $100, now on sale for $16. Limited number of keys available at IndieGala
Old 01-25-2021, 07:48 PM   #6503
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Democracy 4 early access available.

Id it worth it from anyone playing 3?

I thought Democracy would be a game I'd be all over, but I just couldn't get into it. I had Dem 3, and every game ended up with some fanatical group assassinating me. I'm not good at the game, but I was turned off by it.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:05 PM   #6504
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Fanatical is starting a new referral service, where a customer is NEW to Fanatical and clicks on my link before purchasing a game, I get a random steam key (which I'm sure will be a game I've never heard of). Again you have to be new to Fanatical for this to work:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/referrals/?refer_a_friend=NWI4MTY1ODJhNWM2NTUwMDVlZjFkOTEx
Old 02-01-2021, 02:36 PM   #6505
Thomkal
Head Coach

Tyranny for $7.50 on Steam if you didn'y get it free on Epic
Old 02-06-2021, 09:03 AM   #6506
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Noticed that the publisher Klei is having a sale, including a "Best of Klei 2020" bundle with a bunch of their hits (and expansions)...

Don't Starve & Don't Starve Together
Oxygen Not Included
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
Invisible Inc.

While I've yet to play any of them, they are all fairly well reviewed. The bundle is $31 CDN, so probably around $25 USD on the American Steam site.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #6507
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Noticed that the publisher Klei is having a sale, including a "Best of Klei 2020" bundle with a bunch of their hits (and expansions)...

Don't Starve & Don't Starve Together
Oxygen Not Included
Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
Invisible Inc.

While I've yet to play any of them, they are all fairly well reviewed. The bundle is $31 CDN, so probably around $25 USD on the American Steam site.

Yep. I'm gonna pluck ONI since it was already on my wish list, I'm hovering over whether to add the two more recent Don't Starve DLCs for like $5 more(instead of $12.99 US it'd be $17.99) On the one hand, I have DS & the Giants DLC already. On the other hand, I haven't touched them in at least a couple years probably. And on the third hand, it's only $5 more for two add-ons that seem like they'd be a LOT more content.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:15 AM   #6508
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Aaand that went poorly

Bought ONI, fired it up on GeForce Now, and discovered that it mistakenly loads the DLC version ("Spaced Out") ... which can't be turned off except via Steam controls.

And since I don't own any DLC, I don't find any options to turn OFF DLC (managed to get the game to run enough on my computer to load into the main menu, options, etc).

So that was $12 wasted since I have no interest in first-timing with a DLC that's still in beta and buggy a.f.

Goddammit

edit to add: Steam refund requested, shouldn't be an issue since I only played 14 mins of the allowed two hours. Disappointed and frustrated since I just spent 45 mins trying to unfuck this shit BUT at least I don't feel as fucked over now
Old 02-07-2021, 10:11 AM   #6509
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Skul: The Hero Slayer is a really nice roguelite in the vein of Dead Cells and Hades.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #6510
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

About to dig into Door Kickers 2, anyone playing it via EA?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #6511
Thomkal
Head Coach

Age of Wonders: planetfall is $9 at Indie Gala, which might be an all-time low price that I've seen. They have a limited number of keys there, so scoop it up now if you want it
Old 02-08-2021, 06:53 PM   #6512
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
About to dig into Door Kickers 2, anyone playing it via EA?

I actually returned it. I just couldn't get into it. But I think it was a playstyle issue with me, not that the game was bad.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #6513
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I actually returned it. I just couldn't get into it. But I think it was a playstyle issue with me, not that the game was bad.

The first one was good but with 2 being military, I think I'll get more out of it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:43 AM   #6514
Thomkal
Head Coach

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China is free to claim for the next few days ONLY on the UbiSoft Launcher
Old 02-19-2021, 01:10 PM   #6515
Thomkal
Head Coach

Here's one that snuck up on me-if you are a fan of classic rogulikes like me, some 20+ years after it was created, there is a sequel to ADOM-Ancient Domains of mystery called Ultimate ADOM-Caverns of Chaos. It's in early access on Steam for about $17. The link is for the sale page on IndieGala:

https://www.indiegala.com/store/game...undle_20210219
Old 02-19-2021, 02:46 PM   #6516
Thomkal
Head Coach

OOTP21 is $5 on Steam until 1 pm tomorrow?
Old 02-19-2021, 02:56 PM   #6517
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Here's one that snuck up on me-if you are a fan of classic rogulikes like me, some 20+ years after it was created, there is a sequel to ADOM-Ancient Domains of mystery called Ultimate ADOM-Caverns of Chaos. It's in early access on Steam for about $17. The link is for the sale page on IndieGala:

Damn. ADOM was amazing. Is it bad that $17 sounds expensive for a rogue-like though?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:20 PM   #6518
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I played a TON of ADOM decades ago.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:30 PM   #6519
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Damn. ADOM was amazing. Is it bad that $17 sounds expensive for a rogue-like though?

Yeah it does because so many of them were/are free, so you are going to have to decide ifthat's worth it to you or wait for a bigger sale. I think its like 15% off now
Old 02-19-2021, 03:31 PM   #6520
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I played a TON of ADOM decades ago.

I was more Angband and its variants, but certainly played a lot of ADOM too.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:13 PM   #6521
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Nookrium has a look at the game now if you want to see it in "action"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQM3EfMbX0I
Old 02-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #6522
Thomkal
Head Coach

Old Schoo lRuneScape now available free to play on Steam

Edit: I added the name of the game, so now you know what I was talking about here.

Last edited by Thomkal : 02-25-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:37 PM   #6523
Thomkal
Head Coach

Speaking of old game goodness, anyone remember Master of Magic? I still have the CD's for them in my closet. Would you believe for the first time in 25 years there is a DLC for the game? It was a mod, then became a DLC. Both on sale at Steam for less than $5 thru the weekend. The DLC appears to be a separate purchase called Master of Magic: Caster of Magic.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:04 PM   #6524
Thomkal
Head Coach

Humble Bundle out with a bundle featuring games from the publisher Stardock-The Political Machine, Star Control Origins, Offworld Trading Company, Sins of a Solar Empire, and more.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:25 PM   #6525
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was more Angband and its variants, but certainly played a lot of ADOM too.

I cut my teeth on JAMoria (pretty sure it was the Mac equivalent for Moria), but have probably played more ADOM than any of the rest. Angband was great too.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:47 PM   #6526
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Speaking of old game goodness, anyone remember Master of Magic? I still have the CD's for them in my closet. Would you believe for the first time in 25 years there is a DLC for the game? It was a mod, then became a DLC. Both on sale at Steam for less than $5 thru the weekend. The DLC appears to be a separate purchase called Master of Magic: Caster of Magic.

I didn't play a ton of Master of Magic, but I did love Master of Orion. I did try and play it via GoG, and it did not age well at all.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:29 AM   #6527
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Old games are at top dollar nowadays.

Both Computer and console.

If you are looking to ebay console games now is a great time.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:32 AM   #6528
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah it does because so many of them were/are free, so you are going to have to decide ifthat's worth it to you or wait for a bigger sale. I think its like 15% off now

Decided to plunk it down. I played enough ADOM that the developer has earned it even if I never play more than the 40 minutes I just put into it.

I obviously need to put some more time in and I know it's early access...but it feels kind of clunky right now. No diagonal movement is blasphemous, and seems to be a self-admitted design decision because, and I quote, "We noticed 90% of the player base weren't using diagonal movement." The designers have mentioned that there will later be a toggle for said diagonal movement in the options, so at least that change and feedback is being listened to.

The class options seem limited right now, but there are some really crazy spell options already. I can teach myself to butcher corpses and then graft parts of them to my own body and animate them for my own use. I might need to create a six-armed melee mage just to try it out.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:14 AM   #6529
Thomkal
Head Coach

Black Desert Online is changing hands from Kakao Games to its developer Pearl Abyss. Pearl Abyss is making the base game free to claim for the next two weeks. If you already have the game, you will need to complete the transfer process to continue playing the game. Here's a video detailing what you need to do if you have a Kakao Games account or a Steam account for the game:

PSA: Black Desert Online Is Free To Claim For Two Weeks - MMO Bomb
Old 02-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #6530
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Decided to plunk it down. I played enough ADOM that the developer has earned it even if I never play more than the 40 minutes I just put into it.

I obviously need to put some more time in and I know it's early access...but it feels kind of clunky right now. No diagonal movement is blasphemous, and seems to be a self-admitted design decision because, and I quote, "We noticed 90% of the player base weren't using diagonal movement." The designers have mentioned that there will later be a toggle for said diagonal movement in the options, so at least that change and feedback is being listened to.

The class options seem limited right now, but there are some really crazy spell options already. I can teach myself to butcher corpses and then graft parts of them to my own body and animate them for my own use. I might need to create a six-armed melee mage just to try it out.

Yeah diagonal movement definitely needs to be in there. From what I've seen, this game is early in its development-no overworld, no faction quests, etc. Should get a lot better over time.

If you don't follow Nookrium's You Tube channel and you like roguelikes like these, you might want to-His yearly tribute to roguelikes starts tomorrow and will last the month. He does play the new ADOM game for a little bit more today, before death found him. Not too shocking for a roguelike of course.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:01 PM   #6531
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'll have to look him up!
Old 03-01-2021, 10:52 AM   #6532
Thomkal
Head Coach

So how about this for a re-release of an old game? Came out in 1983, I can still remember playing it on my Commodore 64. It's M.U.L.E.

RATING / ESRB / A
Old 03-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #6533
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota
I didn't play a ton of Master of Magic, but I did love Master of Orion. I did try and play it via GoG, and it did not age well at all.

Them be fightin' words - I think it's still in the top handful of strategy games ever made.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:10 PM   #6534
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Them be fightin' words - I think it's still in the top handful of strategy games ever made.

LOL I definitely agree with that! I've played many, many hours. And it inspired pretty much every strategy game since.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #6535
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
So how about this for a re-release of an old game? Came out in 1983, I can still remember playing it on my Commodore 64. It's M.U.L.E.

RATING / ESRB / A

One of my favorite games for the C64. The auctions were part of the fun.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #6536
RendeR
Coordinator

Anyone have a link to an actual "functional" version of Might and Magic III World of Xeen?

Last edited by RendeR : 03-01-2021 at 08:56 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:36 AM   #6537
Thomkal
Head Coach

Darkest Dungeon is $5 on Steam this week
Old 03-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #6538
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Really fun game
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:16 AM   #6539
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Really fun game

Yep maybe the most atmospheric game of its type.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:38 PM   #6540
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Ok, going in. I am going to blame you and Lathum for this.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:46 PM   #6541
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ok, going in. I am going to blame you and Lathum for this.

Just make sure you give us all the love when you like it
Old 03-03-2021, 07:29 PM   #6542
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

the artwork is increibel
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:10 AM   #6543
Bobble
College Prospect

(Darkest Dungeon) The narrator voice is the best I've ever heard in a game. The voice is perfect. The phrasing is awesome. I've honestly thought about culling the sound clips from the game and just playing them on a loop. The game drips with atmosphere.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 09:14 AM   #6544
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
(Darkest Dungeon) The narrator voice is the best I've ever heard in a game. The voice is perfect. The phrasing is awesome. I've honestly thought about culling the sound clips from the game and just playing them on a loop. The game drips with atmosphere.

I used to think about that voice narrating my life whenever I had to get up and go to work.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:04 AM   #6545
BYU 14
Coordinator

Dammit guys, hadn't played DD for a while, but just reinstalled after all this talk got me nostalgic.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #6546
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Dammit guys, hadn't played DD for a while, but just reinstalled after all this talk got me nostalgic.

You're welcome :P
Old 03-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #6547
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Just got DD for my Switch. Should make my first flight in over a year much more bearable.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:44 AM   #6548
Bobble
College Prospect

Nature herself - a victim to this spreading corruption: malformed with misintent."
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #6549
AnalBumCover
College Starter

This sound clip just pulled me back in.
Old 03-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #6550
weegeebored
High School Varsity

You guys sold me on it too. Dammit! I don't need another game.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote