Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 AM   #901
hoopsguy
General Manager

This should also explain why I was willing to put myself out there yesterday as the one who would take one for the team if we collectively felt like going that path.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:12 AM   #902
Peregrine
Pro Starter

One thing I've learned in this game is how much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with 18 night actions and figure out who did what to who, and when. I'm certain mistakes have been made, but I'm doing the best I can.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:15 AM   #903
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
One thing I've learned in this game is how much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with 18 night actions and figure out who did what to who, and when. I'm certain mistakes have been made, but I'm doing the best I can.

I can relate totally Its all good, I've enjoyed the game so far!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #904
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
This should also explain why I was willing to put myself out there yesterday as the one who would take one for the team if we collectively felt like going that path.

Yeah, but I'll go down to my final breath saying that you shouldn't ever concede a lynching purposely lynching one of your own that you -know- is not bad. Its too much like walking in a run on purpose to not pitch to Barry Bonds! Just feels unamerican!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 AM   #905
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

did anyone see anything in their dreams last night??

also...I would like to know who people think the top couple candidates to be the artificer are at this point. maybe we can smoke them out today.

I slept in the ritual room and used my abilities to discover something that might help us clear one of those uncleared
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #906
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

also...I would like to know who people think the top couple candidates to be the artificer are at this point. maybe we can smoke them out today.

I slept in the ritual room and used my abilities to discover something that might help us clear one of those uncleared

I am pretty much assuming Mr.W is our target today, he's really suspect #1 at this point.

Unless someone comes up with some other reason there was no night conversion last night.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:32 AM   #907
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yeah, but I'll go down to my final breath saying that you shouldn't ever concede a lynching purposely lynching one of your own that you -know- is not bad. Its too much like walking in a run on purpose to not pitch to Barry Bonds! Just feels unamerican!

I agree it is a sub-optimal strategy and stated such for the first two days of discussion. But when the topic wasn't going away I decided that I would put myself out as the option if enough people wanted to go that way. About the only time I would think about it is if we got a situation near the end of the day where a critical role revealed in a way that granted trust, and we needed to move the vote off him before deadline instead of going "Mercy" - maybe we wanted him to have his power that night or something like that.

I still would rather take a shot at a Shadow, but could understand going in this direction if we were feeling particularly lost. And I would stay involved with the game and analyze after being cleansed if it went that way.

As is, I'm hoping this is a moot point because we are going to wrap this up today.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:32 AM   #908
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

As far as I am aware, 3 people had actions blocking them last night:

Mr.W
Chief Rum
Hoopsguy

and we have no reports of conversion attempts being blocked.

My guess is we punish Mr.W and get our last shadow, if not then pretty likely its in one of the other two people who were blocked last night.

I am assuming anyone with scanning roles last night used them on Mr.W so I am hoping we have some form of information from that.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:35 AM   #909
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

just on the chance we were wrong I looked at Mustang. It seems his job is as he described it.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #910
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well listen...lemme throw this out there...I have a one-tme option to scan during the day but it uses all my power and exhausts me so I get no more uses...do we want to use that on mr w first to be sure? or on hoops to be sure?

cuz I can tell if they are the artificer before we lynch that way
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #911
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Made some updates to the colorful lists from yesterday. With Ntn vouching for Mustang's role moved him to the lime green group. Placed Hoops in the dark green group as claiming a role. Swaggs should be able to vouch that Hoops's role is what he says it is when he gets on in a bit. ALso moved Tyrith to the now brown group

7) Kwhit - Cleansed
14) ImTheCrew - Cleansed
15) Tyrith - Cleansed

1) Mustang - Claims Spiritmaster (vouched by Ntndeacon)
4) Joe - claims Researcher (possibly validated based on finding an item?)
8) Lathum - Claims Warlock (proven by sleeping Hoops night 1 and Tyrith last night)
10) Schmidty - Claims Augur (proven with the info on Kwhit)
17) Alan T - Claims Theurgist (proven by action on Barkeep)

6) Barkeep49 - Blocked by Alan last night, couldn't have attempted conversion on swaggs
9) Chief Rum - DaddyTorgo vouches for him.
16) Path12 - Vouched for by ntndeacon as having some role?

2) BrianD - First to out Kwhit
13) DaddyTorgo - Outed Tyrith

3) ntndeacon - Given hints to role = Witch? (unproven)
5) Swaggs - Claims Wizard (unproven)
12) hoopsguy - Claims Elementalist (Vouched as having a role by Swaggs.)
18) SnDvls - Claims Alchemist (unproven)

11) Mr. Wednesday -
Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #912
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, since I'm one of the people being considered as a secondary target I'm not sure how much my opinion counts. But I think we are looking to end the game today, given that there have been no conversions for two days running and we have been able to maintain our trust list far longer than expected. I would use the power.

I would have the Signifier check a statement on another person to try and eliminate them from consideration for today. And hopefully between that 1-2 punch and info listed last night we can feel very good about our chances for the vote today.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #913
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
well listen...lemme throw this out there...I have a one-tme option to scan during the day but it uses all my power and exhausts me so I get no more uses...do we want to use that on mr w first to be sure? or on hoops to be sure?

cuz I can tell if they are the artificer before we lynch that way

I wouldn't waste it all today. I would have assumed you scanned mr.w last night. I don't think its worth throwing all of your energy into a one time scan that renders you useless after. My guess is we go to punish Mr.W today unless we find some reason not to, and if he somehow doesn't turn up as a shadow, we block people who were blocked last night again.

DT who can you clear as well? You said it was someone previously not uncleared?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #914
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, for your chart you might as well list Diabloist against DaddyTorgo as he has claimed it and his actions are consistent with my understanding of the role.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #915
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, is there another person out there who knows about the Mask of Whispers at this point? Just wondering if it is still being used in the background ...
Old 05-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #916
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, can we return to the "role is missing" discussion at this time?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #917
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes, yes.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 AM   #918
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I asked about that earlier this morning too, I'm curious about it.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 AM   #919
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to agreewith hoop on this one alan. my power is ONLY good to dind out roles. not even if they are being used. and there aren't that many people left w/o roles. so if I scan w and he is not artificer then that will clear him and narrow the list to someone else the signifier or whoever can check on thenarrower list.

no point in saving my power...I mean I guess I could scan sndvls or something to be sure he isn't the artificer in hiding...but I think scanning w tells us a great deal
Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 AM   #920
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

whoops...forgot to post I think...ntn is who he says he is role-wise
Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #921
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
whoops...forgot to post I think...ntn is who he says he is role-wise

Well technically ntn never really came out and said who he was, just hinted at it. I put my guess to it based off of those hints
Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #922
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm going to agreewith hoop on this one alan. my power is ONLY good to dind out roles. not even if they are being used. and there aren't that many people left w/o roles. so if I scan w and he is not artificer then that will clear him and narrow the list to someone else the signifier or whoever can check on thenarrower list.

no point in saving my power...I mean I guess I could scan sndvls or something to be sure he isn't the artificer in hiding...but I think scanning w tells us a great deal

Its your role, so I wont tell you how to use it. I always assume there is going to be some twist that throws us off though, and it can't be this easy to wrap up.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #923
hoopsguy
General Manager

DaddyT, can you give me a quick recap of your actions night by night? Because I'm trying to reconcile Diabloist with the players you have vouched for, as well as this new option you have this morning. I think you have played a pretty up-front game - this isn't intended as some kind of trap - but I want to make sure because I'm probably missing something.

Night 1 - Chief
Night 2 - Tyrith
Night 3 - NTN

Is this accurate?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #924
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, any reason why I would have seen you kneeling over a sleeping MrW last night? It sounds like I could have misidentified you, but the info I have indicates that you were doing something I could not make out.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:24 AM   #925
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, any reason why I would have seen you kneeling over a sleeping MrW last night? It sounds like I could have misidentified you, but the info I have indicates that you were doing something I could not make out.

Seek and ye shall find

Quote:
For the record, I ended up blocking Hoopsguy last night with my power. I also used my one time per game ability to search through Mr.W's stuff but found nothing. I also obviously slept in the ritual room.

I'm assuming that Lathum's blocking Mr.W is what kept our count at 1.. Can anyone confirm he's our guy?

Quote:
Just like yesterday I am told that I use my power to block you. It doesn't tell me anything of the effect or results, just that I use it for that. Also your comment about observing someone acting against Mr.W, I already stated that I used my once per game ability to do both my role + a mundane action to also search Mr.W while he slept. He didn't have anything on him that I found however. So if you saw that, it probably was me searching him while he slept soundly.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #926
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, just got caught up.

I slept in the Kitchen last night and hexed ( my last one) Mr. Wed.

This obviously validates hoops' story since I would asume it was me he saw while he was searching.

Other then that nothing exciting. It never seems this easy but I see no reason not to go for Mr. Wednesday at this point.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #927
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs, i see you around right now, can you validate Hoops' claim of his role?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #928
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, just got caught up.

I slept in the Kitchen last night and hexed ( my last one) Mr. Wed.

This obviously validates hoops' story since I would asume it was me he saw while he was searching.

Other then that nothing exciting. It never seems this easy but I see no reason not to go for Mr. Wednesday at this point.

Why aren't we all sleeping in the same room? I think that would be the best way to keep an eye on each other and make sure no shenanigans are going on.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #929
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, i see you around right now, can you validate Hoops' claim of his role?

I can validate hoopsguy's role as Elementalist from night 1.

I have also identified both Sun members.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #930
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I can validate hoopsguy's role as Elementalist from night 1.

I have also identified both Sun members.

KK thanks. What do people think about outing the sun members? I asked yesterday and Peregrine says cultist and Sun both can win together, so I don't see any reason to alienate them and turn them against us by outing them.

Can anyone come up with a reason to think otherwise?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #931
Swaggs
Coordinator

By the way, I noticed this little nugget from the rules:

Quote:
If the cult members destroy all the Shadow players, or the Shadow is reduced to one player for two consecutive Counts, the cult members win.

So, it looks like we can win if we avoid a conversion between now and tomorrow morning's count.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #932
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Why aren't we all sleeping in the same room? I think that would be the best way to keep an eye on each other and make sure no shenanigans are going on.

trust me when I say I have my reasons
Old 05-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #933
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
KK thanks. What do people think about outing the sun members? I asked yesterday and Peregrine says cultist and Sun both can win together, so I don't see any reason to alienate them and turn them against us by outing them.

Can anyone come up with a reason to think otherwise?

Nope. I was just going to post this. No reason to piss them off and turn them sullen if we can all win together. What happens after we defeat "the wolves" never really matters to me as far as victory conditions, major or minor.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:37 AM   #934
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Nope. I was just going to post this. No reason to piss them off and turn them sullen if we can all win together. What happens after we defeat "the wolves" never really matters to me as far as victory conditions, major or minor.

Same here.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #935
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yes Hoops...you are correct about my scan pattern. although technically i didn't "scan" tyrith...i just "used the ring".

*seriously pondering scanning mr. w just so we can be sure of what's going to happen*
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 AM   #936
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It would be a pretty cagey play for the shadow to purposfely not convert last night knowing we would go for Mr. Wed today if that happened
Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #937
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't think they really need revealed at this point.

I also think it would not be a bad idea to scan Mr. W if DT has the power. If we are barking up the wrong tree, right now would not be a bad time to know, so that we don't force all of our focus on him and end up losing someone in our "CoT" and are forced to completely restart it.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #938
Swaggs
Coordinator

Also, it should go without saying, but hopefully no one is considering using a potion today/tonight.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #939
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think they really need revealed at this point.

I also think it would not be a bad idea to scan Mr. W if DT has the power. If we are barking up the wrong tree, right now would not be a bad time to know, so that we don't force all of our focus on him and end up losing someone in our "CoT" and are forced to completely restart it.

works for me. like i said...once all the roles are out there i'm effectively useless anyways.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #940
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It would be a pretty cagey play for the shadow to purposfely not convert last night knowing we would go for Mr. Wed today if that happened

I can't imagine they would have benefited from that much. I think the only other explanation if Mr.W honestly isn't the last shadow would be the other real last shadow was blocked as well. With Swaggs confirming Hoops's role, that really only leaves Chief Rum as far as I am aware who was blocked last night.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #941
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Also, it should go without saying, but hopefully no one is considering using a potion today/tonight.

Not me.

If the 2 day rule thing is in affect, I plan on repeating my actions of last night.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #942
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

another reason i don't think it'd be a bad idea for me to check him out. the pool of players with undefined roles is very low if he isn't the artificer
Old 05-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #943
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can't imagine they would have benefited from that much. I think the only other explanation if Mr.W honestly isn't the last shadow would be the other real last shadow was blocked as well. With Swaggs confirming Hoops's role, that really only leaves Chief Rum as far as I am aware who was blocked last night.

and CR is not shadow.

so i guess it basically has to be W. I will check and find out
Old 05-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #944
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just out of curiosity, what has our empath been up to? We haven't heard from him at all, and that could be pretty useful for us to lock up more trust here today.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #945
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

it's done. order sent to peregrine
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #946
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what has our empath been up to? We haven't heard from him at all, and that could be pretty useful for us to lock up more trust here today.

I suspect that the Sun players have roles, but not their powers.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:55 AM   #947
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I went through all 50 of Mr.W's posts and didn't really see anything that an empath could use to scan on him. The best was this from the night Kwhit was converted in the sitting room:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I slept in the sitting room. I'm not aware of anything interesting happening there.

That however could be inconclusive depending on who did it (him or Tyrith), so no idea there.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #948
path12
Coordinator

I have a Ring of Shadows. I plan on breaking it tonight to find out our last shadow.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #949
path12
Coordinator

Dola, so if we can block a conversion we've got it either way. (ring or two nights with one shadow).
Old 05-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #950
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today is being rather uneventful.