Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Rkmsuf's Very Own Dancing With the Stars Season 6 Thread

OK, I started this thread for 2 reasons:

1. I'm hoping that by creating this thread, I will effectively negate rkmsuf's continued threats to delete the American Idol thread he created, in a "Star Wars Missile Defense System" way. The best defense is a good offense, baby!

2. I'm majorly pissed that Julianne Hough got paired with Adam Carolla. Basically, I'm going to be forced to watch this shit show, and after the first two weeks, the only redeeming part of the show will no longer be flitting around my screen in revealing outfits. All because people like Edyta and Maxsim are jealous of how she instantly became the star attraction. Maxsim quit, apparently, because he wanted top billing and a seat with the judges, or so I've heard. Petty BS.

Anyway...here, rkmsuf, I present to you this thread, so that you may frolick with Steve Guttenberg, Marlee Matlin, Penn Jillette, and all the other celebs who will be on this season's version of your favorite show. And for both of our sakes, I hope to God Monica Seles doesn't grunt while dancing like she grunts on a tennis court. I'm also hoping Luigi shows up to support Mario's attempt at dancing, although my guess is he is going to give Carolla a run for his money as the worst dancer.

Enjoy!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-22-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

lol

I will love him and pet him and name this thread george.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I like Edyta. I'd like her more if she had a bag over her head.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Yes I sit and watch Big Brother live feeds, but I can't figure out why anyone would want to watch this show.

Not taking a shot at people who do, I just don't understand how people dancing is interesting.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I will freely admit to watching all sorts of reality show crap, but this is one show I can honestly say I would never watch if my wife didn't force me to. I have no interest in dancing, don't enjoy watching it, doing it, etc. I am smitten with Julianne Hough, though.

Did you guys know she's a singer, too? Her debut album comes out in May. Unfortunately, it's country, but even the most perfect women have their flaws.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
Celeval
Pro Starter

Huh... my wife and I both enjoy this show a lot. This and The Amazing Race are the only two reality shows we watch.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #7
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

anyone see Misty May Treanor jack up her achilles?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #8
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
anyone see Misty May Treanor jack up her achilles?
Nope. If I have Misty May Treanor on my TV, I ain't exactly looking at her Achilles.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anyone watching this season?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Melissa's going to win it if she can stop pointing her toes like a ballerina all the time.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

I like So you Think You Can dance and watch very little of America's Best Dance Crew... I tried watching this show because one of last season's sytycd hotties is paired with some rodeo guy, and just couldn't do it. Maybe if the celebrities involved were people I really cared about... but I felt like I was wasting my time watching guys like the rodeo person and Wozniak dance. Just not the show for me.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Melissa's going to win it if she can stop pointing her toes like a ballerina all the time.

I doubt she has the following to stick around. Definantly very talented.

Overall I think it was a weak cast.

Ty Murray was aweful and was probably only doing it because Jewel was supposed to be on the show.

Belinda Carlisle was meh but alot of middle aged women watch so she will hang around for a while

I hate the whole Chuck Wicks thing, I think its stupid he and his girlfriend are dancing together. Apparently the only way Hough would do the show is if Wicks could be her partner

Seeing LT on DWTS was just weird.

Steve Wozniak (sp?) was awkward but obviosly having a great time.

Denise Richards was just ok, expected more from her

David Allen Grier was supprisigly good.

Steve-O wasn't half bad and 'm not sure he was trying to be a ham as much as the judges thought. I really like his partner so I hope they stick around for a bit.

Shawn Johnson is so cute, she will make it to the final 3 as long as she puts a halfway decent performance each week.

Gilles Marini was really good, but he doesn't have the fan base to stick around

Holly Madison was good but again, an unknown whose history with playboy won't help her get votes

Lil Kim, she was good but not great.

Like I said, I think overall it's a weak cast, and a strange one.

We got a kick out of the first few dancers to go, Lil Kim is a convicted felon, LT has multiple drug arrests and Steve-O has a history of rehab and drug abuse. Way to be a family friendly program!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #13
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I doubt she has the following to stick around. Definantly very talented.

20 million people, mostly women, watched her get shafted on national TV. I'm guessing that most will give her sympathy votes and that crowd is certainly larger than any B or C list celebrities.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
20 million people, mostly women, watched her get shafted on national TV. I'm guessing that most will give her sympathy votes and that crowd is certainly larger than any B or C list celebrities.

I think there will also be alot of people who feel she got her 15 minutes already.

Her situation will gain her sympaty for a few weeks, but I'll be surprised if she makes it past week 5. My experience with this show is people like her just don't make it that far.

Ty Murray, Wozniek (sp?) and the playmate will go before her and maybe Steve-0.

I hope I am wrong because I prefer to see a good dancer and she is obviously very talented over a "celebrity"

One other thing that may help her is this season's cast is much weaker then past seasons and losing Jewel didn't help them.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #15
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
One other thing that may help her is this season's cast is much weaker then past seasons and losing Jewel didn't help them.

As you mentioned, there are 4 guys that could be the first 4 voted off. They really need to start picking men who at least have some level of coordination. It's funny if there's one bad male dancer, but it becomes somewhat annoying when there are this many sub-par dancers that have no chance.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
As you mentioned, there are 4 guys that could be the first 4 voted off. They really need to start picking men who at least have some level of coordination. It's funny if there's one bad male dancer, but it becomes somewhat annoying when there are this many sub-par dancers that have no chance.

In past seasons there are usualy a few bad ones. The thing is there are usualy some really good ones also. This year they don't have a boy band guy, a solid athelete or a younger guy.

This year it's just meh
Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

I was going to watch until I heard that Jewel had gotten hurt. The rest of the cast sort of interests me, but I've been madly in love with Jewel since 1995. Hell, I watched Nashville Star (country American Idol sort of) despite having almost no interest in country music because she was the host :P

Er yeah, anyway, not watching!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #18
MJ4H
Coordinator

Understandable.

(the crush on Jewel that is)
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #19
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I was going to watch until I heard that Jewel had gotten hurt. The rest of the cast sort of interests me, but I've been madly in love with Jewel since 1995. Hell, I watched Nashville Star (country American Idol sort of) despite having almost no interest in country music because she was the host :P

FYI she will be performing on Mondays show
Old 03-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I like So you Think You Can dance and watch very little of America's Best Dance Crew... I tried watching this show because one of last season's sytycd hotties is paired with some rodeo guy, and just couldn't do it. Maybe if the celebrities involved were people I really cared about... but I felt like I was wasting my time watching guys like the rodeo person and Wozniak dance. Just not the show for me.

Who is on this from So You Think You Can Dance now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Who is on this from So You Think You Can Dance now?

Lacey and Chelsie are both on

I am now going to turn in my man card
Old 03-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

I've also had a longtime crush on Jewel and she would have been a reason for me to watch this show for the 1st time ever.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

Haha. I liked Lacey from a couple seasons back, but I thought Chelsie was a great mix of cute and hot. One of the judges said it best when he said that she's short, but somehow her legs look like they go on forever. Yum.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #24
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Haha. I liked Lacey from a couple seasons back, but I thought Chelsie was a great mix of cute and hot. One of the judges said it best when he said that she's short, but somehow her legs look like they go on forever. Yum.

I knew Lacey was on it, didn't know about Chelsie.

Kind of cool that dancers from SYTYCD are sliding over to this show - too bad I don't watch this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote