Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2022, 07:04 AM   #3951
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished the 4 seasons of The Sinner on Netflix.

I like how they spend a lot of time dissecting (?) the cases and chasing all the different leads, handing out bits and pieces & clues. s2 was probably the most "normal". Enjoyed s1 but the sisterly thing was a little too unbelievable. s3 with the mad guy was totally unbelievable. s4 was okay.

The series is done as there is no s5. Enjoyable but won't be re-watching it.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 08:19 AM   #3952
miami_fan
Coordinator

I want a documentary series like FIFA Uncovered for every sports league in the world.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:21 PM   #3953
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just watched the season finale for Andor. So good! The Mandalorian may be more fun to watch, but Andor is great. It's so well written. I wish all Star Wars content was this good.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-23-2022 at 05:21 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:34 PM   #3954
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Just watched the season finale for Andor. So good! The Mandalorian may be more fun to watch, but Andor is great. It's so well written. I wish all Star Wars content was this good.

Agreed! Andor is the best Star Wars content since Empire and I love the Mandalorian. Andor is just operating on a whole other level in terms of writing, acting, directing, etc.

Luthen’s speech at the end of episode 10 was one of the best ever in a sci-if movie. Perhaps the best since Roy Baty talked about tears in the rain.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:28 PM   #3955
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Watched the new Ryan Reynolds/Will Farrell movie Spirited on Apple TV+. It was....weird. I think overall we enjoyed it, it was just really odd.

FYI there is on VERY dark scene so if watching with younger kids be prepared.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 06:30 PM   #3956
Izulde
Head Coach

Slumberland on Netflix is one of my new favorite movies. From my FB short review:

Quote:
Yes, it’s a pile of clichés and schmaltzy, tear-jerking predictability that carefully drives within well-worn narrative lines, but the cast is stellar and the dreamworlds visually appealing. And despite its paint-by-numbers approach to plot and beats, there’s genuine emotional resonance at the heart of the film.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 05:17 AM   #3957
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If you're familiar with Defunctland on YouTube then you won't be surprised that there's something good there. But this? Spectacular. Don't let the subject matter discourage you if you're not a Disney Channel person. Trust me, there's a LOT more unpacked here than a four note theme. One of the best 90 minute rides I've been on in a very long time.

Disney Channel's Theme: A History Mystery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_rjBWmc1iQ

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-28-2022 at 05:18 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 06:59 PM   #3958
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We just watched the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas special on Disney plus. Holy crap, Amazing. So freaking hysterical.
Old 11-30-2022, 08:56 AM   #3959
PilotMan
Head Coach

White Lotus's new season is just as good as the first. Such excellent storyline and cinematography work.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:05 AM   #3960
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
We just watched the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas special on Disney plus. Holy crap, Amazing. So freaking hysterical.

I really enjoyed it, too. Good times!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-30-2022, 09:51 AM   #3961
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Lego Star Wars Christmas Special is pretty funny.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:23 PM   #3962
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The "Pepsi Where's My Jet?" docu-series was a fun watch for the family. Episodes aren't too long and it's a fun story that doesn't get too bogged down in the legal mumbo jumbo. (And for the grownups who follow the news, there's a great plot twist at the end of the second episode when a new character shows up.)

The Mole was also a good one for the family.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #3963
Edward64
Head Coach

Watched Netflix's "Good Night Oppy". Slick production about Spirit & Opportunity. Learn some good stuff on the background and stuff that happened.

If you are interested in Mar's exploration, well worth your time.

Wonder what Perseverance has been up to, have to read up.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-01-2022 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:38 AM   #3964
Edward64
Head Coach

Watching Netflix's "Wednesday", offshoot of the Addam's Family.

It's different and am enjoying it.

There's been some complaints about racism but I don't see it. I've finished ep 3, and there are non-black actors that are "mean" and "bullies".

Quote:
Director Tim Burton and Netflix are under fire from fans who claim the casting and undertones of the new series “Wednesday” are racist.

The show — a dramedy highlighting Wednesday Addams’ time as a boarding school student — premiered last week to record ratings and mixed reviews.

Critics have taken issue with black actress Joy Sunday playing a mean girl at Nevermore Academy and black actor Iman Marson portraying a bully and the son of a corrupt mayor.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:35 AM   #3965
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Watching Netflix's "Wednesday", offshoot of the Addam's Family.

It's different and am enjoying it.

There's been some complaints about racism but I don't see it. I've finished ep 3, and there are non-black actors that are "mean" and "bullies".
I'm really enjoying at as well.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:17 AM   #3966
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Just finished Rings of Power and I enjoyed it and can't wait to watch season 2. Yes, it was a little slow out of the gate, but there was a lot of necessary character intro. There were some issues with main character armor and the volcano eruption had Roland Emmerich-level* bad disaster physics. But, generally, it felt grand and epic while also feeling intimate with just enough plot threads to vary things up but not too many to distract from the most important ones. It also seemed reasonably well acted for a TV show with no big names.

*Don't get me wrong - I love me some Roland Emmerich. ID4 is one of my favorite movies of all time, but, dude, fire going through a tunnel that chases our main character but goes by the open door. Or ice chasing the kids down the hallway in The Day After Tomorrow, only to be stopped by a tiny little fire. C'mon, man. The water starting Mount Doom and how all our main characters survived through the use of main character armor - woof, that was pretty bad.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:50 AM   #3967
Edward64
Head Coach

Binge watched Netflix's “The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself”.

Fun fantasy romp. You know the Vampires vs Werewolves thing? This is different factions of Witches thing. Some pretty good special effects also (one that I've not seen before and blew my mind, supercool). It didn't sound that appealing to me but give it 2 episodes.

Quote:
Described as an “edgy, YA drama that’s grounded in the modern day,” the Netflix series is set in a world where witches live amongst us. “Expect magic, sarcasm, banter, potions in zip-lock bags, hunters, romance, loyalty and unbreakable friendship…it’s a truly f*cked up ride.”

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-05-2022 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:42 AM   #3968
PilotMan
Head Coach

Finally watched the Netflix doc on Woodstock 99. It's nice to see Gen X (and their really young Millennial cohorts) actually get credit for something.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 12-15-2022 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #3969
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I have been watching a couple of cartoons of late:

1. Primal on HBO Max. It's essentially a story about a boy and his dog, if the boy were a bad-ass caveman and the dog his bad-ass dinosaur buddy. There is zero dialogue, but the sound and music are fantastic and the "villain of the week" are always super interesting and well done. It's a fun show, each episode is 22 minutes long. The second season is more narrative focused so far.

2. Chainsaw Man on Hulu. I am not an anime fan. I generally don't like anime and have very little interest in it overall. I watched the first season of Attack on Titan and tried some others, but couldn't ever get into them. That being said, I've really enjoyed Chainsaw Man. It's super fun. It's about devils and devil hunters. Very violent, super cool devil design, and interesting lore. Fun stuff.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:12 PM   #3970
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

My best shows of the year:

The top two are Andor and Reservation Dogs.

After that things become a little less well-defined for me in terms of rankings, but here is the rest of what I'd consider my "top 10" though many of the Honorable Mentions could also be on this list:

Barry
Severance
Peacemaker
Better Call Saul
Stranger Things
The Boys
All of Us Are Dead
Sandman

Honorable Mentions:
House of the Dragon
Rings of Power
Wheel of Time
Righteous Gemstones
We Live in the Shadows
Hacks
Somebody Somewhere
Abbot Elementary

A crazy good year of television!
Old 12-15-2022, 01:41 PM   #3971
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
My best shows of the year:

The top two are Andor and Reservation Dogs.

After that things become a little less well-defined for me in terms of rankings, but here is the rest of what I'd consider my "top 10" though many of the Honorable Mentions could also be on this list:

Barry
Severance
Peacemaker
Better Call Saul
Stranger Things
The Boys
All of Us Are Dead
Sandman

Honorable Mentions:
House of the Dragon
Rings of Power
Wheel of Time
Righteous Gemstones
We Live in the Shadows
Hacks
Somebody Somewhere
Abbot Elementary

A crazy good year of television!

Thank you! Will add these to my list of shows to check out that I may have missed.

Like Steam?

Old 12-19-2022, 05:15 PM   #3972
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Recruit is pretty much written by AI but solidly a notch enough above average to watch. Only 8 episodes which is nice.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:52 PM   #3973
RainMaker
General Manager

The new Witcher prequel is hilariously bad. I really don't know what they are doing with this franchise.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 03:59 PM   #3974
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I have very much enjoyed Aftershock: Everest and the Nepal Earthquake about the 2015 earthquake. What's amazing is the footage from up on Everest since many people were recording the "climb of a lifetime." The opening sequence when the rumbling starts and you see what appears to be a cloud of smoke rising up in the distance and realize it's a metric shit-ton of snow/ice from an avalanche that eventually catches and buries the camera and the person holding it, is chilling-inducing. And the stories are gut-wrenching.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-26-2022 at 03:59 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 04:02 PM   #3975
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I have very much enjoyed Aftershock: Everest and the Nepal Earthquake about the 2015 earthquake. What's amazing is the footage from up on Everest since many people were recording the "climb of a lifetime." The opening sequence when the rumbling starts and you see what appears to be a cloud of smoke rising up in the distance and realize it's a metric shit-ton of snow/ice from an avalanche that eventually catches and buries the camera and the person holding it, is chilling-inducing. And the stories are gut-wrenching.

Just saw this too and it's a very uncomfortable watch.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:31 AM   #3976
Edward64
Head Coach

Wife is a fan of Umbrella Academy. I don't enjoy it as much but I look forward to the music. They've got a great selection.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #3977
GrantDawg

Just watched Netflix's version of "The Mole." It is still one of the best reality competitions. I wish that they actually advertised it. Makes me wonder why they just don't even try to give somethings much of a chance.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2022, 08:08 PM   #3978
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

We are watching this now, going skiing tomorrow. Probably should have thought this one through a little better...
Old 12-28-2022, 08:19 PM   #3979
Ksyrup

Yeah, right up there with watching the Malaysian Flight 370 doc before flying.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-28-2022, 10:15 PM   #3980
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Just watched Netflix's version of "The Mole." It is still one of the best reality competitions. I wish that they actually advertised it. Makes me wonder why they just don't even try to give somethings much of a chance.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I posted about it earlier in this thread. I thought it was an very good season.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 05:32 PM   #3981
Izulde
Head Coach

Willow on Disney+ is exactly the sort of campy, fun series that doesn't take itself seriously that I hoped for. People who are bitching about it and saying it ruined the movie don't actually remember that the movie, too, was silly fun that wasn't meant to be serious.

Disenchanted (also on Disney+) - one of the most disappointing sequels I've ever seen. It's a total mess, made watchable only by Amy Adams' repeat brilliant reprisal as Giselle.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:01 AM   #3982
PilotMan
Head Coach

I know I'm not saying anything that people don't already know, but Peacemaker is all kinds of awesome. I can't believe I didn't start it sooner.

Like Steam?

Old 01-02-2023, 10:58 AM   #3983
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I know I'm not saying anything that people don't already know, but Peacemaker is all kinds of awesome. I can't believe I didn't start it sooner.

Yes! I love this show. Of all my favorites from last year, it had the biggest gap between expectations and how much I enjoyed it. I still watch intro song and dance on YouTube all the time and Vigilante is a pure delight. Perhaps my favorite character of the year.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:07 AM   #3984
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I still watch intro song and dance on YouTube all the time and Vigilante is a pure delight. Perhaps my favorite character of the year.
OMG, I know. I was just saying how I find it oddly entertaining and I can't NOT watch it when it opens. It's just...difficult to describe WHY exactly I like it. hahahaa

Like Steam?

Old 01-04-2023, 08:46 PM   #3985
Edward64
Head Coach

Just watched Kevin Bacon in the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special on Disney. Great fun, wish I watched it earlier
Old 01-06-2023, 06:47 PM   #3986
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Could those Israelis come off any worse? It was so bad it almost feels like it's propaganda.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 06:54 PM   #3987
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Just watched Kevin Bacon in the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special on Disney. Great fun, wish I watched it earlier

I mentioned it earlier in the thread. It is really amazing. We have watched it a couple times. I always picture the writers coming up with this idea laughing their asses off.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:54 PM   #3988
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
Could those Israelis come off any worse? It was so bad it almost feels like it's propaganda.

That whole thing was weird.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:59 PM   #3989
Ksyrup

Their explanations/denials of the way the locked box incident went down weren't exactly strong. And in general, a lot of the bad feelings about them were due to what came out of their mouths.

It's hard to know what exactly to think beyond my own impressions because so much of what you will read online is laced with anti-semitism. But yeah, they did not cover themselves in glory, regardless of whether there was some bias (whether against Israelis in general, or to make sure bad people looked bad).
Old 01-06-2023, 10:38 PM   #3990
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup, Andor was pretty fun.

Looking forward to next season.

(And I appreciate the Storm Troopers don't miss all the time now)

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-08-2023 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:41 AM   #3991
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished Jack Ryan s3.

Fun action and I do like the intrigue but its so stupid. You have Ryan doing stupid crap (when he has access to real operators), you have the Czech PM doing unbelievable stuff, you have bad guys standing out in the open to be tagged instead of hiding behind crates in a crate-full warehouse etc.

Amazon needs to up their budget some.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:16 PM   #3992
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My daughter is sleeping over a friends house tomorrow and my 12 year old son wants to watch and inappropriate movie. He is very mature for his age and we have watched things like Bad Moms Christmas. He wants Deadpool which is a hard no.

Any thoughts? So far I am thinking Cant buy me love or Superbad
Old 01-12-2023, 11:12 PM   #3993
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any thoughts? So far I am thinking Cant buy me love or Superbad

Any answer that isn't Porky's is probably wrong.

Old 01-12-2023, 11:16 PM   #3994
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, off the beaten path for a more serious answer. Depending upon what counts as "inappropriate" ... Shaun of the Dead?
Old 01-12-2023, 11:45 PM   #3995
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I didn’t watch Once upon a Time in Deadpool but it was the PG13 cut iirc.
Old 01-13-2023, 05:19 AM   #3996
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Shaun of the Dead is great. Gory, slapstick fun while also being wholesome. Maybe, in that same vein, Hot Fuzz? If he's looking for inappropriate, it'll make him an Olivia Colman fan, which can't be a bad thing.

Counter-point on Deadpool: amidst all the violence, sex, and gore, it's a film that delivers a very strong message on grief, self-esteem, tolerance, respect, and supporting other people.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 06:22 AM   #3997
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Any answer that isn't Porky's is probably wrong.

This had occurred to me. Been so long since I have seen it not sure if there are any landmines.

shaun of the dead is interesting. He loved stranger Things, Wednesday, Umbrella academy...
Old 01-13-2023, 06:27 AM   #3998
GrantDawg

Quote:
This had occurred to me. Been so long since I have seen it not sure if there are any landmines.

shaun of the dead is interesting. He loved stranger Things, Wednesday, Umbrella academy...
Porky's is all land-mines.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:42 PM   #3999
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The first episode of “The Last of Us” was fantastic. Can’t wait for the rest!
Old 01-16-2023, 12:43 PM   #4000
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We went with Cant Buy Me Love. He really like it.