Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2022, 11:35 AM   #1
lanruz234
n00b

What would you expect from a 97/97 QB or a 100/100 Kicker?

I was looking through my old FOF 7 screenshots (I probably don't have the save game anymore). Figured I'd share

I think the help file may have mentioned that ratings will not always translate but let's just say I was less than impressed with the performance of some "generational" players, at least ratings wise.

97/97 QB
Here is a 97/97 QB at Year 9 (Screenshot (8) — Postimages). I can't find his performance since I don't think I have the save file but nothing in his record is mind-blowing. Average 58-58 record, no MVP, no All League, no Super Bowl appearance. Granted his team could be terrible but still a super elite QB should be able to elevate them - like a little bit of Aaron Rodgers. Literally, this is by far the highest rated QB I have seen in any of my SP games. Maybe I just expected since he is close to perfect, that will reflect in his performance. You might also be thinking he just jumped to 97. But no, he was already a 95/95 at Year 5 (Screenshot (7) — Postimages)

Nevertheless, I always wished he was on my team, maybe I would have done better with him.

100/100 K.
Exhibit 2 (Screenshot (5) — Postimages) at Year 8 and here he is at year 6 ( Screenshot (3) — Postimages). Another interesting one especially a kicker whose performance is probably the least impacted by his teammates. His performance (Screenshot (4) — Postimages) is sooo poor for someone with those ratings . I have seen 60 rated kickers with better results. Similar story, no All League which I would expect from this kind of kicker.

Just figured this will be interesting to share.

lanruz234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 11:03 PM   #2
ZappaPhreak
n00b

The first thing I looked at for the quarterback was his intelligence and sense rush. And with an intelligence of 4 -- I wouldn't expect much. I've played a lot of SP, and my best quarterbacks have always been those with high intelligence and high sense rush, regardless of their overall rating.

And the kicker? I don't care how he performs, if I've got a chance to have a kicker named "Cotton Ball Kanou", I'm signing him and hanging on to him. I don't ever recall seeing a "Cotton Ball" anybody before. I love those crazy nicknames, and anytime they pop up, they make me chuckle.
ZappaPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote