Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Are you ok with us playing in the same game?
YES 15 55.56%
NO 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #101
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
That was pretty rude, and based on nothing. I shouldn't even comment on it, other than to say that I barely see my wife in real life, we have separate computers, and I also spend a lot of my time posting and reading WW on my laptop at work. I'm 33 years old with a family. I don't play WW to win - I play it because I like the people, and I have fun watching things unfold in front of me (which might be why I suck so much).

Your comment leaves me with only a modicum of respect for you. It was a classless, baseless insinuation, and is beneath contempt.

schmidty, I dont think it was an attach, mearly pointing out that you can do it, so why cant others....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #102
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
schmidty, I dont think it was an attach, mearly pointing out that you can do it, so why cant others....

It doesn't matter. It was in poor taste. He could have made it a general wife/husband - boyfriend/girlfriend thing, instead of unfairly singling us out.

Last edited by Schmidty : 07-15-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #103
Schmidty
Coordinator

In fact, I'm pretty much done playing WW when my wife plays.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #104
KWhit
Coordinator

Sigh.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #105
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Sigh.

Just one last thing. I'm not mad, insulted, but not mad. I'm also not trying to bring more drama. I'm just not going to ever let ANYONE question my integrity, and especially my wife's. She's literally the most honest and respectable person that I know, and even if 99% of you guys trust us, that 1% still weighs on my mind.

She's better at WW, and seems to have more fun with it (as far as analyzing and such), so I'm fine with making the sacrifice.

(I will play in hoops game though!! )
Old 07-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #106
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Schmidty, no one is saying they don't trust you and I hope you both continue to play
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #107
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Sigh.

This IMO says it all.

if his return is invoking these kind of responses and emotions I don't think as a group we are ready to welcome him back.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #108
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
That is indeed not the situation as I understand it. There is just far too much evidence to suggest anything but Blade also playing under the account of Bek. We're not talking friends collobarating here, we're talking one player playing multiple accounts.

~BK, YFWWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The method that Blade came back under - posting under Bek again, then going with a new handle when he met with resistance - is also disappointing. It gives me the impression that he still doesn't understand that what he did was wrong.

So Matt texts and tells me to check out the WW forum and I find this fun mess. Let me be direct here, and then go about my way. I have no intention of ever signing up for a WW game again, not here or at an other forum. Since i left i have not looked in this forum once, it was simply a dead issue to me. Now that Matt has brought it back up, ill address it simply.

As I've been saying all along, and as Matt provided evidence of, we are different people. I never played under a different name here, be it bek or lax whatever. The supposed multiple accounting cheating everyone accused me of is and has always been false. I'm sorry if my style of play made the game un-enjoyable for others, that was certainly not my intent. When questions were raised about bek and i supposedly being the same person, i left WW by my own accord to try and keep this forum as calm as possible. Matt deciding to play games here again, or you all allowing him to/not to, is none of my business. We are not the same people, associate as much as you may. I have been done with the WW forum since my last post here over a year ago. I'm sure you all will go about with believing the facts as you wish despite what evidence Matt offers, and that is your right. I simply wanted to attempt and let this issue die back into the archives of this forum by letting everyone know i have no want to try and come back and play WW here, under my name or any other. So decide on Matt's fate, and then move on as I had happily done until now.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #109
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
That was pretty rude, and based on nothing. I shouldn't even comment on it, other than to say that I barely see my wife in real life, we have separate computers, and I also spend a lot of my time posting and reading WW on my laptop at work. I'm 33 years old with a family. I don't play WW to win - I play it because I like the people, and I have fun watching things unfold in front of me (which might be why I suck so much).

Your comment leaves me with only a modicum of respect for you. It was a classless, baseless insinuation, and is beneath contempt.

Friend, I think part of his comment was that he had 0 suspicion of the Schmidty family and he wondered why it couldn't be the same for this character(s).
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #110
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Friend, I think part of his comment was that he had 0 suspicion of the Schmidty family and he wondered why it couldn't be the same for this character(s).

That's fine, and if I misunderstood him for singly us out to prove his point, I apologize.

Regardless, my decision still stands, as I don't want to leave even a remote doubt in anyone's mind about anything. I don't want to contribute to any mistrust or integrity issues in the game, because it's too important to a lot of people.

It doesn't mean I'll NEVER play, it just means that for now, I won't play in the same game as my wife. No biggie - I have a ton of hobbies.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #111
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That's fine, and if I misunderstood him for singly us out to prove his point, I apologize.

Regardless, my decision still stands, as I don't want to leave even a remote doubt in anyone's mind about anything. I don't want to contribute to any mistrust or integrity issues in the game, because WW is too important to a lot of people.

It doesn't mean I'll NEVER play, it just means that for now, I won't play in the same game as my wife. No biggie - I have a ton of hobbies.

That should be "singling" out.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #112
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
So decide on Matt's fate, and then move on as I had happily done until now.
Is the picture still in play?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #113
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Is the picture still in play?

I don't know why, but that post reminded me of this:

I'm probably so old that none of you know what I'm referring to.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #114
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know why, but that post reminded me of this:

I'm probably so old that none of you know what I'm referring to.

Bill Cosby, picture pages... You're not that old Schmidty!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #115
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
if Schmidty and Mrs Schmidty can play together....

Ya, I took this completely different than my other half. I took it as, "If the Schmidty's can do it without cheating then why can't others?" I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt when all I have to go on is words on a screen.

I will say that after Jay hosted the Lovecraft game he said we probably shouldn't play play games together. It was hard then to not talk about the game and since my scans of folks were so successful he was scared people would think we were cheating. We want to stay above reproach and perhaps the only way to do that truly is to not play in the same games. This last game went easier and I'm sure future games will just get easier (timing when to read and reply to PM's when the other's not in the room etc).
Other couples have learned the balance (Lathum and Saldana for example) and I know we will too. When Jay's done PMSing he'll be back..
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #116
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sucks that something like this had to happen - it's always lurked in the back of my head but most of the people I've played with here have been awesome. I mean, I talk to heinz and clap quite frequently on AIM but we never discuss in-game things if we're both involved, and I've gotten that same honest vibe from most people.

I think it may be better if this person (whom I never knew) simply finds another place to play WW, because there are enough people here that will be alienated if a GM allows them to play. I wouldn't have much of a problem having him in my game - except that people I've gotten to know here wouldn't be involved in my game, and I don't want that.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #117
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I agree Jackal. I believe Bek/Lax is a different person than Blade, but if my new friends in WW are uncomfortable with either of them playing than I think for the sake of the "village" the possible "wolf" needs to go. Sorry.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #118
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote nightfall?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #119
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Ya, I took this completely different than my other half. I took it as, "If the Schmidty's can do it without cheating then why can't others?" I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt when all I have to go on is words on a screen.

I will say that after Jay hosted the Lovecraft game he said we probably shouldn't play play games together. It was hard then to not talk about the game and since my scans of folks were so successful he was scared people would think we were cheating. We want to stay above reproach and perhaps the only way to do that truly is to not play in the same games. This last game went easier and I'm sure future games will just get easier (timing when to read and reply to PM's when the other's not in the room etc).
Other couples have learned the balance (Lathum and Saldana for example) and I know we will too. When Jay's done PMSing he'll be back..

damd smitty, your wife just called you out

you are a lucky man!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:26 AM   #120
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote threadclose

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:45 AM   #121
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjunkie62 View Post
ok, so ive been keeping quiet on the issue up to this point, but I feel like my part of the story should be heard.

Ok, so i guess keeping this quiet didnt happen. I thought that I was allowed to come back quietly but apparently not. There are two different people in the blade/bek/lax issue. One person is blade, ill give you his facebook to prove it as well. The other person is bek/lax, which is myself. You may browse my myspace, www.myspace.com/laxjunkie62

As far as the previous issues that were stated, yes I was over at blade's house using his pc when the name flopping occured. He has his set up to auto sign-on and I had not realized it until the comment had already been posted. And like blade said in that forum, it was my dumbass mistake. Ive played many games as bek, including WoW and Guild Wars and Tabula Rasa, all while sticking with the same guild. You can ask any of them at www.hititlikeyoumeanit.com and they will verify that I am a loyal and trustworthy individual. Again, I am sorry if this has caused people to leave the game, but no harm was intended. I hope you can understand.

I will address any other issues that any of you have, i am an open book.

--bek/laxjunkie62

Why did you think you were allowed to come back quietly?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 AM   #122
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Just wanted to add that I for one have enjoying having Schmidty-Mrs.Schmidty in the Spawn game (I wasn't in Mrs. S's previous games). I enjoy all of the couples we have that play, I think it's pretty awesome, and frankly if my wife would be into this stuff I'd encourage her to play as well.

I'd think like many situations like this, the couples are likely going above and beyond the line of decorum to ensure that no suspicions arise.

The fact that this asinine topic has Schmidty even slightly doubting his standing with me or anyone in WW here is sincerely disconcerting and I hope he reverses his decision.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #123
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
When Jay's done PMSing he'll be back..

we all know the drill, it's part of his charm and why we love him
Old 07-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #124
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Blade, if I had had a problem I certainly would have said something earlier. However, this is the sort of situation where we need to worry about pleasing the minority. If there are only two or three people who have an issue, that is still a significant problem.

I still basically agree with this.

However, I am still confused on whether or not there was cheating. It seems like the belief that Blade and bek are the same person has been somewhat debunked - whatever that proves.

If there was cheating, I don't think a second chance should be offered. I know I would not want to play with somebody that I knew had cheated. But if there were merely unproven allegations of cheating, then I think the answer is for the gm/mods to pay close attention to the accused in the future - I don't think anybody should be drummed out of this community just because there have been allegations of cheating.

I don't think proof of cheating has to be laid out for everybody to examine. We have a mod - Barkeep49. I consider him to be wise and fair. If he says bek and Blade cheated, that would be enough for me. If he thinks they should be able to play, under whatever conditions imposed, that's fine with me too.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #125
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

But if there were merely unproven allegations of cheating, then I think the answer is for the gm/mods to pay close attention to the accused in the future

I totaly disagree.

You have enough to consider when running a game without paying added attention to someone who you think may be cheating.

Plus when playing a game you have to condider alot of things, cheating shouldn't be one, I would just as soon not play with that person.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #126
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I have to agree with what everyone, especially Mrs. Schmidty are saying. I have no proof that Blade/Bek are the same person - but my gut reaction when reading Blades post was "Hmm, I wonder if Lax was signed in when Blade posted this". That isn't a good thing imo. It's clear that everything he says is being scrutinized by a number of members of the ww community. I'm not going to go so far as to say I don't think he should be able to participate, but I will say that I would understand and support a decision to not allow him to participate.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #127
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

cronin nailed it.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #128
JeeberD
General Manager

This thread is entertaining...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #129
st.cronin
General Manager

There have been other allegations of cheating that have not picked up momentum. Tyrith was accused of cheating in one of Barkeep49's games; there were intimations that Lathum and saldana would cheat in the draft game. I wouldn't want those players banned. An allegation of cheating should not carry any weight - proof of cheating should result in a banning.

knives out
Old 07-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #130
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
there were intimations that Lathum and saldana would cheat in the draft game.

there were?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #131
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
cronin nailed it.

Can I have sloppy seconds?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #132
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
there were?
yeah i didnt see any

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #133
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Can I have sloppy seconds?

u need to ask mrs shmitdy

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #134
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
there were?

Maybe I'm misremembering it, maybe it was just a joke.

knives out
Old 07-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #135
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
u need to ask mrs shmitdy

I better quit while I'm ahead, or I'm going to get drilled.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #136
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

hey whatever you and the MRS are in to......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #137
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
There have been other allegations of cheating that have not picked up momentum. Tyrith was accused of cheating in one of Barkeep49's games; there were intimations that Lathum and saldana would cheat in the draft game. I wouldn't want those players banned. An allegation of cheating should not carry any weight - proof of cheating should result in a banning.

huh?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #138
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The way we played in the draft game, I believe those guys tanked it on purpose...JUST TO SPITE ME. BANNINATE THEM!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #139
path12
Coordinator

We could probably edit the URGENT out of the thread title, no?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #140
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

couuld proably edit the RELEVANT out as well...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:39 PM   #141
Schmidty
Coordinator

We could probably DELETE the thread even.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #142
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If you want the thread to go away stop posting in it. I currently see no reason to lock the thread, let alone delete it.

~BK, YFWWM

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-16-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #143
hoopsguy
General Manager

Besides, people would now lose posts.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:15 PM   #144
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
If you want the thread to go away stop posting in it. I currently see no reason to lock the thread, let alone delete it.

~BK, YFWWM

You just bumped it yourself!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #145
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm not advocating for it to disappear.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #146
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not advocating for it to disappear.

Then let's make it the WW Thread Killer!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #147
st.cronin
General Manager

The spacing of the thread title bugs me.

knives out
Old 07-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #148
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
The spacing of the thread title bugs me.

I haveno idea whatyou could be referringto.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #149
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Wow. Just wow. I saw this brought up in the Politics WW game and didn't know the story behind it. I had wondered why Blade had dropped and now I know.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #150
Autumn
Head Coach

And knowing is half the battle. Good luck soldier.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote