Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #2401
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
South Park Phone Destroyer is a really fun game. It mixes RTS and card based game play, with all of the normal South Park humor.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #2402
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The Stranger Things game on the Android App Store (have to believe it's on the iStore too) is flat out amazing. Throwback to 8- and 16-bit games of yore and they nail the tone of the series.

Also, it's free.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #2403
QuikSand
lolzcat

For those who played Dice Soccer back in the day, it looks like there's a new app called Dice Soccer City, from the same designers, that appears to have some empire-building aspects to it. Have not checked it out yet, but I could see this being one I get into a bit for idle time fiddling.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #2404
QuikSand
lolzcat

...and I would count in hours, not minutes, the amount of time I have given to the general idea of taking the core concepts of Dice Soccer and applying them to american football game.

Really just the simple concept of each player on a team being completely defined by a set of 6 (or n) discrete random outcomes that each represent a numeric outcome and occasionally some sort of special ability.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #2405
QuikSand
lolzcat

Tinkering a bit...looks like it’s a game where you build up a city a la Sim City, and by doing so you gain resources to improve your soccer team, to eventually field games more or less like the original Dice Soccer game. So far, I’m still in an extended newbie guidance, playing one on one to develop familiarity with the system, and not now am getting to 3v3. Not sure I’ll invest, but I’m glad to see the game didn’t merely die on the vine link it had appeared.
Old 06-17-2020, 02:58 PM   #2406
AlexB
Pro Starter

Having great fun playing 80s Mania Wrestling Returns.

It’s a card collector / booking game, but one where you don’t directly control the results of the fights.

You can influence the result with manager cards, pushes, or by putting wrestlers into matches that suit their style, but even if you load a one sided bout, sometimes there are shocks.

It’s possible to play without spending cash, but I have put in what I think is a fair price for the game given how much I’m enjoying it (about £10).

There’s a modern version too, but TBH I like the parodies of the 80s and 90s wrestlers that were the first wrestlers I saw.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:53 AM   #2407
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Does anyone know of a good multi player trivia app. Something similar to the NTN bar trivia game you used to play on the boxes back in the day.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:04 AM   #2408
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Does anyone know of a good multi player trivia app. Something similar to the NTN bar trivia game you used to play on the boxes back in the day.

Not iOS specific, but the Jackbox Party Pack series comes to mind.