Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #51
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Wow is it the actual gameplanning for the new game too??

Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #52
castorius
n00b

Is there any particular reason why the logic choices for Going for it on 4th down are so high for the West Coast offense?

I see several Going for it on 4th down at 90% with the lead. If I use Rex (Recommended), they all drop to around 10%.
castorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #53
ozias
High School JV

These were made for the previous version of FOF.

Ben likes to go for it a lot more than punting, and these are geared more for MP than SP.
ozias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #54
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorius View Post
Is there any particular reason why the logic choices for Going for it on 4th down are so high for the West Coast offense?

I see several Going for it on 4th down at 90% with the lead. If I use Rex (Recommended), they all drop to around 10%.
see post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
  • I go for it on 4th down significantly more than FOF suggests, and this is reflected in the game plans. So, if you are a runny-nosed weenie who likes to punt, you’ll need to adjust the Go 4th Down settings on the Adjustments screen.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #55
castorius
n00b

Thanks Skydog,

These gameplans are fantastic, they work perfectly for FOF7.

I worry for beginners that haven't gotten their hands on these gameplans or know enough about how to make a gameplan, as I found it's very difficult to win in this game without a proper gameplan, even with the right personnel and using Rex (recommended gameplans, which I was relying on prior to getting my hands on these gameplans)

These gameplans have produced immediately better and noticeable results both in the running game and passing game for me. I'm even getting elite numbers from mediocre rated QBs and RBs.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #56
Nefaro
n00b

These certainly help cut down on the wall of percentages that doesn't feel all that football-ish in the game.

Hopefully future versions of FOF will feature more specialized 'Rex' settings that can choose between such different & specialized schemes for the AI. That's a huge item on my Want List.
Nefaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #57
mrtourette
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefaro View Post
These certainly help cut down on the wall of percentages that doesn't feel all that football-ish in the game.

Hopefully future versions of FOF will feature more specialized 'Rex' settings that can choose between such different & specialized schemes for the AI. That's a huge item on my Want List.

Either that or the coaches you employ have certain preferred styles, so if you employ an OC that runs a West Coast offense and you hit rex you know what kind of offense the AI will run.
mrtourette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #58
nflchampion
n00b

Patriots running a strong Run-And-Stun today.
nflchampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #59
castorius
n00b

I'm concerned about the CPU teams for single player, in regards to both remaining competitive and for statistical integrity. I feel that without extreme gameplans such as these, the computer seems to be at a big disadvantage. Statistically, this is also why the CPU teams are less likely to have highly rated QBs than a human player (as well as other QB stats).

I'm assuming that the CPU uses the "Recommended Gameplans" which would be equivalent to the human player clicking the "Recommend" Button.

I used the Recommended gameplans during my first few run throughs and I found that any of my QBs was at best at or near 100 QB Rating (usually in the 90s if they had elite skills). Additionally, I generally found the league leaders in passing for the CPU teams to be in the high 90s, sometimes just around the 100.0 QB Rating area. Also, the passing yard leaders tended to be around 4500 yards most years.

While, the fact that the statistics seem to reflect more of the 1980s and 1990s era of football with respect to QB statistics rather than the inflated modern day QB stats (with several QBs above 100.0 QB Rating and 5000+ passing yards), it doesn't bother me so much.

However, it does bother me that whenever I used these custom gameplans, my QBs are able to achieve closer to modern day QB numbers, but because the CPU aren't using these gameplans (instead using Rex), they can't compete with me in these QB statistics (they still seem to get around 1980s-1990s type QB numbers).

I found through my experience, using the West Coast offense, my lowly skilled QB was getting around 88-105 QB Ratings most years. While with a highly skilled QB (Very Good to Excellent) I was getting QB Ratings in the 110+ range, something the CPU was never able to achieve or come close to in any of my simulations.

Is this a problem with balance due to the CPU Recommended game plans?

Last edited by castorius : 01-12-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #60
Ben E Lou

Humans are better at game planning than the AI. These plans aren't really intended for single player usage, at least not for a decent human player against the AI. I released these to level the field in multiplayer.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #61
castorius
n00b

Quote:
Humans are better at game planning than the AI. These plans aren't really intended for single player usage, at least not for a decent human player against the AI. I released these to level the field in multiplayer.

I figured as much. I just wish the CPU would be flexible enough to have stock gameplans such as these to use to help level the playing field for them. I could see alot of the CPU teams benefiting greatly using these gameplans with the personnel they have. I feel that the CPU (and Rex) is too conservative with their gameplans, and they are so generic and mediocre when it comes to effectiveness. I feel if the CPU was able to open the box and use gameplans such as these, they would be more competitive, and consequently the statistics would fall more in line with modern day numbers as well (I know some people noted that they wished that the stats would reflect more modern day numbers, especially with respect to passing stats - I feel that having more varied gameplans would solve this problem).
Old 01-13-2014, 07:32 AM   #62
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorius View Post
I feel if the CPU was able to open the box and use gameplans such as these, they would be more competitive, and consequently the statistics would fall more in line with modern day numbers as well (I know some people noted that they wished that the stats would reflect more modern day numbers, especially with respect to passing stats - I feel that having more varied gameplans would solve this problem).
Actually, if you listen to the pre-release podcast, Jim makes it clear that he has a set of variables that he can tweak to make the game produce the stats that he wants them to. He has made it clear that he does not think that what you call a "problem" is a "problem." The game is producing the kinds of stats he wants it to produce. Basically he's saying that having the game generate stats that reflect the last few years of the NFL would be bad for business. Check out his blog post about this and the comments section underneath: Football Frontier » Blog Archive » The Challenges of Pigskin Simulation in a Bull Market

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 01-13-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #63
Ben E Lou

Two things that I'd recommend doing with these plans in version 7.

1. Increase clock-draining to 2 or 3 minutes. 0 seems to really mean ZERO in some situations, and you might throw a pass late in the game when you really don't want to if you use zero in this version.

2. Rex the formation usage screens. FOF7 does a much better job with basing those on your personnel now.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #64
Nataris
n00b

Super excited to try these out. I built my offense around the best TE in the starter draft.

I tried building a game plan but he has only been targeted 3 times in 5 games. I truly think the TE is completely under rated. The versatility a great TE can give is unparalleled. High run blocking while being a deadly pass target allows him to contribute every single down on offense.
Nataris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #65
Peluchamp
n00b

Hello,

DO you have any new gameplan to share? Also, do you have any defensive gameplan? I am new to the game! I love this gameplans, excellent results
Peluchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #66
bomber33bomber
n00b

How anyone tried "INSOMNIA" OFFENSE with FOF7 in a MP league?

How are the results?
bomber33bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #67
RyG
n00b

I just wanted to say thanks for this. I'm a relatively new player in FOF. I just played my first full season in the OSFL, and I was 1-15. Before I took over, the team was an average team, with a very powerful offense. I didn't make many changes on offense, but we became a terrible offense.

I had to assume it was my game planning that did the trick. After reading this, I feel I understand the offensive portion of game planning much better. I think this will help me become a better competitor in FOF.
RyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #68
TheRivals40
n00b

Which gameplans will work well with solid players all-around but no real studs on offense?
CBL ADMIRALS: 2016 and 18 BACK2BACK CBL CHAMPS!!
TheRivals40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:18 AM   #69
garion333
High School Varsity

Balanced?

Honestly, at that point I just Rex it and then tweak to my team's strengths, particularly how well my QB throws certain passes.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:48 AM   #70
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

would it be possible for someone to reupload these? im ready to do a little insomiaing

Last edited by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding : 10-31-2016 at 07:56 AM.
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:38 PM   #71
rockmedic109
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
would it be possible for someone to reupload these? im ready to do a little insomiaing
I'd like this posted again as well. I had a HD failure and had to get a new laptop. I've lost almost all of the FOF files I've had {and all from fof7}. I try to download them and get a message that I do not have permission to download or that the file cannot be found.
rockmedic109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #72
sirotka33
n00b

BELCO_Gameplans_v2.zip :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.

Disclaimer: I've never used this site before and just merely did a google search for 'share files online'. Hope there's not a million different download buttons.
sirotka33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:58 PM   #73
wustin
College Prospect

I downloaded the zip file from that site and scanned it. It's fine.

Reuploaded to mega if anyone doesn't want to deal with all those ads.

https://mega.nz/#!QFAC1ZKT!GMizg5aGY...jEclij3lFe7n9o

Last edited by wustin : 10-31-2016 at 03:59 PM.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #74
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

thanks guys!
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #75
rockmedic109
n00b

Thank You
rockmedic109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:02 AM   #76
ezlee2
n00b

Keep in mind that these gameplans were created for FOF2k7. They transfer over for the most part, but I suggest using this is a basis to get a better understanding of gameplanning and make adjustments.
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #77
Ben E Lou

Original link restored.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:35 AM   #78
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

I still love this Topic, thanks Ben.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #79
Shuggy101
n00b

FOF8

Where do you put these files in FOF8?

Thanks
Shuggy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #80
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuggy101 View Post
Where do you put these files in FOF8?

Thanks
Can't be used in FOF8. Totally new structure.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #81
Shuggy101
n00b

Thanks for letting me know 👍
Shuggy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #82
nickelback
n00b

Does anyone have a working link for these or still have a copy?
nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:29 PM   #83
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelback View Post
Does anyone have a working link for these or still have a copy?
Quote:
Can't be used in FOF8. Totally new structure.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #84
nickelback
n00b

Quote:

Yes I know. But I still play previous versions from time to time and was also wanting to look at your Go For It On 4th Down settings.
nickelback is offline   Reply With Quote