Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
Craptacular
College Starter

Milwaukee sucks

I'm not talking about the Bucks, but the news that keeps coming out of that hellhole. Milwaukee has had more than its share of national stories recently about gang beatings, violent kids, just plain dumb-asses, etc. I saw the following headline on CNN's front page today, and just had one of those bad feelings:
Pregnant mom of 14 arrested; 3 kids found in abandoned house

hxxp://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/27/children.beaten.ap/index.html

Sure enough, Milwaukee. She reported her twin nine-year-old boys and her six-year-old boy missing, and an older boy promptly led police to a "safe house" 30 blocks away where the kids often went to escape from her beating them.

Sometimes I really wish Wisconsin had the death penalty.

Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craptacular
I'm not talking about the Bucks, but the news that keeps coming out of that hellhole. Milwaukee has had more than its share of national stories recently about gang beatings, violent kids, just plain dumb-asses, etc. I saw the following headline on CNN's front page today, and just had one of those bad feelings:
Pregnant mom of 14 arrested; 3 kids found in abandoned house

hxxp://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/27/children.beaten.ap/index.html

Sure enough, Milwaukee. She reported her twin nine-year-old boys and her six-year-old boy missing, and an older boy promptly led police to a "safe house" 30 blocks away where the kids often went to escape from her beating them.

Sometimes I really wish Wisconsin had the death penalty.

It doesn't suprise me. Milwaukee is the most segregated city in America. While I love things about the city, I can't stand it as a whole. It's real depressing, dangerous and shitty.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

hey, don't forget that winner Jeffrey Dahmer
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:25 PM   #4
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
hey, don't forget that winner Jeffrey Dahmer
yeah and that freak Steve Miller!

oh wait...

That freak Spreewell.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
theclassic
n00b

Has anyone driven in Milwaukee recently, or so the last year even? The traffic is terrible because of all the road construction. I honestly had a better time driving in Chicago the other day. I really try to avoid Milwaukee any time I can. I would much rather drive up to Green Bay. They have a few less places, but overall they have everything you could want in a bigger city. The same can be said about Appleton-Oshkosh area.
theclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
It doesn't suprise me. Milwaukee is the most segregated city in America. While I love things about the city, I can't stand it as a whole. It's real depressing, dangerous and shitty.

Have you been to Detroit lately?? Not sure where it ranks on the lists but it sure "feels" worse than Milwaukee...
Old 01-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #7
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclassic
Has anyone driven in Milwaukee recently, or so the last year even? The traffic is terrible because of all the road construction. I honestly had a better time driving in Chicago the other day. I really try to avoid Milwaukee any time I can. I would much rather drive up to Green Bay. They have a few less places, but overall they have everything you could want in a bigger city. The same can be said about Appleton-Oshkosh area.

I didn't find it all that bad really... yeah you cannot get to certain areas the same way that you normally would. The eastbound 794 ramp is now shutdown so you have to take city streets to get over to the third ward. I imagine the peak traffic times would be bad but still not anything as bad as some areas in Chicago during peak times. What times were you driving through Milw and Chicago?? I'd argue against both GB and App/Osh as having "everything" you could want in a big city... where's the local Cuban restaurant in either locale? How about Czech or Korean restaurants? National touring music acts?? You get the point..
Old 01-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #8
st.cronin
General Manager

I enjoyed living in Milwaukee. The traffic is much better than in MANY big cities, or at least was when I was there (2001-2002). I found the people to be very friendly. The worst thing about the city was the smell.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #9
timmae
College Starter

yeah... kinda a wet dog smell.. only on certain days though. Very odd... and then there was the end of summers when the algae would wash up on shore and you couldn't go near the beach... yeah, good times... hehe. What part of Milwaukee did you live in St.C? I was up near 4400 N Oakland ave...
Old 01-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae
yeah... kinda a wet dog smell.. only on certain days though. Very odd... and then there was the end of summers when the algae would wash up on shore and you couldn't go near the beach... yeah, good times... hehe. What part of Milwaukee did you live in St.C? I was up near 4400 N Oakland ave...

I had a little apartment about 2 blocks from the lake, near the UW-Milwaukee campus. I forget the exact address. I think Oakland ave was within walking distance.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:31 PM   #11
lungs
Pro Rookie

Go Brewers!
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote