Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #8651
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch1986
Again same crap of equivalency, excuses, and statistic ignorance/manipulation

It’s unbelievable

They literally catch people on camera or on audio telling you their true motivations yet you say take them at the word that they said and ignore the hot mic?

Feel free to stop lying about me at any point. It would make for better discussions.

I never said ignore the hot mic. At no point have I stated, implied, or otherwhise indicated we should ignore what people say. I'm also not making excuses for anyone or manipulating anything. You're shadowboxing something here that just plain isn't happening.

I fail to see the point of your link, I've never posted anything supporting the 'plandemic' POV and it has nothing to do with anything I've been talking about.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-14-2021 at 04:04 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #8652
Flasch186
Coordinator

Riiiiiiigggghhhtt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:07 PM   #8653
Flasch186
Coordinator

COVID-19 - Wuhan Coronavirus (a non-political thread, see pg. 36 #1778)

The reason it goes on for pages is because you have said and inferred exactly those things that you say you didn’t!!

Multiple people for pages have called you out for the exact same stuff so at some point you have to realize there are 4 fingers pointed back at yourself.

Or don’t, it doesn’t matter but your credibility was set to fire when you argued the anti vax stats stuff and under withering statistics continued to argue the trash POV you’re stuck with as to why people on whole, en masse, are anti vaccine

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 08-14-2021 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-14-2021, 04:57 PM   #8654
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
The reason it goes on for pages is because you have said and inferred exactly those things that you say you didn’t!!

If so, it should be easy for you to cite a specific example. Feel free to do so. That's what debates are for. If I've done so, I'll clarify or retract as the need be what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
your credibility was set to fire when you argued the anti vax stats stuff and under withering statistics continued to argue the trash POV you’re stuck with as to why people on whole, en masse, are anti vaccine

And yet another lie. This is not what happened. What happened was, I thought different statistics were more relevant than what you and others did, and said so. I also said why, and gave basic logical explanations of why the stats you were citing didn't demonstrate what you said and were being misused. I can't control others opinions of my credibility, but I can say as I did then that I stand by the tenor of my comments in that discussion, and I'm confident that any reputable instructor in basic statistics would agree with me on the way the cited stats were being distorted and did not at all represent what was being claimed.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #8655
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's too bad this wasn't entirely predictable.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #8656
molson
General Manager

Jay Cutler is going to run for school board to fight these mask fascists. It's always the ones you kind of expect.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:28 PM   #8657
Flasch186
Coordinator

I’m sure the Tampa students and faculty are just lying

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-16-2021, 05:47 PM   #8658
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's covid season in Florida, it's completely normal for people to catch a little sniffle!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:50 PM   #8659
miami_fan
Coordinator

My son tried out for a travel baseball team in Tampa on August 7th.

We found out he made the team on August 8th.

My wife contacted the team yesterday August 15th because we have not heard anything from them since he made the team. No reply to her email.

Today, August 16th, we found out that three of the coaches have contracted COVID with two including the head coach for his age group currently in ICU.

On a completely insignificant but related note, the team's entire travel ball program for all age groups have been suspended for the fall season.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:43 PM   #8660
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
My son tried out for a travel baseball team in Tampa on August 7th.

We found out he made the team on August 8th.

My wife contacted the team yesterday August 15th because we have not heard anything from them since he made the team. No reply to her email.

Today, August 16th, we found out that three of the coaches have contracted COVID with two including the head coach for his age group currently in ICU.

On a completely insignificant but related note, the team's entire travel ball program for all age groups have been suspended for the fall season.

Maybe remdesivir can sponsor the team?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:48 PM   #8661
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

Or until Desantis signs and executive order banning the shutdown of youth sports.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:06 PM   #8662
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Jay Cutler is going to run for school board to fight these mask fascists. It's always the ones you kind of expect.

I'd say too many hits to the head but I think most people questioned his decision making from day 1

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:48 PM   #8663
Edward64
Head Coach

Thinking about getting a vaccination passport. I can see myself traveling to other countries next year. I did some googling but there doesn't seem to be a centralized way of getting one (don't think Fed/States are mandating it so the solutions are hodge-podge).

I got my vaccinations from Publix and nothing on their site. Didn't see anything on CVS either.

Has anyone gotten a vaccination passport? If so, how?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:03 PM   #8664
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

My wife is friends with the head of pulmonology at the largest hospital system in SC. They're out of vents and ICU beds in the region. They're telling new patients to come back in a few days when they're worse because they have nothing to treat them with. Most patients are on their 30-40s with a few as young as 18. They don't expect most of them to make it.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:33 PM   #8665
Edward64
Head Coach

Booster shots coming for everyone.

I'm not sure I like the idea. I have to do more research but can you get too much of the vaccine? I won't be first in line but prob wait 2-3 months (unless all hell is breaking loose with Lambda or whatever).

e.g. Does booster shots need to go through same rigor as the first set of vaccinations for adverse/side effects? I don't remember reading about a robust study on additional booster shots.

Quote:
The Biden administration is set to announce that most vaccinated Americans should get a COVID-19 booster shot eight months after being fully vaccinated, the New York Times reported Monday night.

An official announcement is expected later the week, the Times said, and the first booster could be administered to nursing-home residents and health-care workers as soon as mid-September.

The Associated Press later confirmed the report, adding that the boosters would be administered only after the Food and Drug Administration formally approves the vaccines, a move expected in the coming weeks.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-16-2021 at 10:35 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:51 AM   #8666
Ksyrup

I find it odd that anyone is surprised by the booster shot. I was expecting this to be like the annual flu shot before they had ever developed a specific vaccination.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-17-2021, 06:54 AM   #8667
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I find it odd that anyone is surprised by the booster shot. I was expecting this to be like the annual flu shot before they had ever developed a specific vaccination.

Me either, I'm guessing most of us here get a flu shot every season, not sure how a booster for COVID is any different
Old 08-17-2021, 06:55 AM   #8668
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I am frustrated by the fact that the administration has apparently been working overtime to get the FDA to get off its ass and get boosters approved but appears content to let the < 12 EUA remain a back burner issue.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #8669
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I am frustrated by the fact that the administration has apparently been working overtime to get the FDA to get off its ass and get boosters approved but appears content to let the < 12 EUA remain a back burner issue.

Yeah, I don't get this flurry of news around booster shots. You want to stop this virus quicker? Get vaccines in kids' arms before school or as soon as possible.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #8670
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

New Zealand doesn't mess around:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/asia/...hnk/index.html
Old 08-17-2021, 07:44 AM   #8671
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

My daughter's bday is next month and started school this week. We're tempted to just say she's 12 to get her started. I dunno, maybe there's something in the microchip that keeps it from working if the person's blood is a day less than 12.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:57 AM   #8672
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if the slow FDA approval for under 12 is a political one. It's one thing if a bunch of science denying dopes in red states don't get vaccinated. It is a very bad look if vaccinations in kids under 12 lag in blue states, which I suspect they would.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:34 AM   #8673
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I wonder if the slow FDA approval for under 12 is a political one. It's one thing if a bunch of science denying dopes in red states don't get vaccinated. It is a very bad look if vaccinations in kids under 12 lag in blue states, which I suspect they would.

If that's the calculus, it is a bad one.

Right now, the anger is at the anti-vaxxers.

But the anger will switch to the administration as kids start dying and their parents give tearful interviews about they would have given them the vaccine if only they had been allowed to.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:37 AM   #8674
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If they approve it and after a few months we are looking at a 35% vaccination rate in kids (this is an arbitrary number) it is going to make the admin look equally as bad if not worse.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:55 AM   #8675
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If they approve it and after a few months we are looking at a 35% vaccination rate in kids (this is an arbitrary number) it is going to make the admin look equally as bad if not worse.

Why?
Old 08-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #8676
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It will be a 24-7 cycle of "even blue state parents don't trust the vaccinne for their kids"

"Biden vaccine roll out for kids is an epic failure"

It will turn the narrative from anti vaxers and bad policies in red states killing kids to a failure in Bidens vaccine rollout killing kids.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-17-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:03 AM   #8677
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think we just agree to disagree. I think that giving parents the choice will be seen as an overall good. If some parents (which will certainly be the case) choose not to do it, I don't know if that will come back on the administration.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:05 AM   #8678
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 08-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #8679
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: The LOUD minority in this country makes it easy to forget just how out of step they are.

44% of Republicans support mandatory masking in schools.

But they aren't going to school board meetings with assault rifles and misspelled handmade Don't Tread on Me signs, so they don't get the attention.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #8680
whomario
Pro Starter

At what point does the "oh but we are just being rational" trope unravel ? Yes.

At least some variety to ye olde Nazi comparisons.

One of the spearheads of this crowd, key figur for the Great Barrington dump as well as advisong deSantis. And oh, a Harvard Professor. No wonder he deleted it later. Also no wonder he did it without comment (after even 80% of his deranged following called him out), much less apology.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-17-2021 at 11:21 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:22 AM   #8681
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

https://www.reddit.com/r/southcaroli...oo_many_votes/

So Lin Wood is the crazy "election was stolen" guy. He also got a not insignificant amount of votes to be the head of the SC GOP.

Presley Stutts recently organized a hostile takeover of the Greenville GOP and has been in the hospital with COVID.

These people don't deserve to live and it's borderline criminal that doctors have to waste time and resources trying to keep them alive. The doctors at these hospitals are working every day, 18 hour days with no breaks keeping these deplorable, ungrateful pieces of shit alive. The world would be better of without them and we could see the light at the end of this hellscape if they would just slither into a corner and die.

But both sides or something.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:30 AM   #8682
Atocep
Coordinator

Washington opened up booster shoots for the immunocompromised this week and expect to open it up quickly to other groups.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #8683
lungs
Pro Rookie

Would I be the ass hole if I told my sister that living where she does has rotted her brain? She was always considered the smart one of the family but she married a conservative and lives in a super conservative area. Didn’t get the vaccine, now her whole family has Covid. To top it off, they came down with it while visiting bro in law’s super high risk mother.

My parents are too nice to say it, but my inclination is to call her a fucking moron.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #8684
Butter
Coordinator

no, just expect to be cut off. these people are brainwashed and in a cult
Old 08-17-2021, 11:55 AM   #8685
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
no, just expect to be cut off. these people are brainwashed and in a cult

I don’t think they would cut me off. She sent me a picture from some local event where she got to meet that nut job ex-Sheriff David Clarke. I jokingly asked her if MyPillow guy was there, and he actually was. So I told her that her and all the people at this event should be thrown in an asylum.

I consider her husband to be the real nutty one politically but he tries to act all moderate in person. Then he gets on Facebook (I unfollowed him long ago) and removes all doubt that he’s in the Qult.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #8686
Flasch186
Coordinator

I’m sure someone on the board will find some way to argue that that statistic/poll doesn’t reflect reality

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-17-2021, 04:37 PM   #8687
QuikSand
lolzcat

Governor Abbott of Texas +

Seemed like a really fun event last night, saw one elderly man in a wheelchair, many more out dancing and having a lovely time. I sincerely hope they don't die, as that just had the absolute feel of a "superspreader" event, even before this unshocking news.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:45 PM   #8688
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Would I be the ass hole if I told my sister that living where she does has rotted her brain? She was always considered the smart one of the family but she married a conservative and lives in a super conservative area. Didn’t get the vaccine, now her whole family has Covid. To top it off, they came down with it while visiting bro in law’s super high risk mother.

My parents are too nice to say it, but my inclination is to call her a fucking moron.

No, not if they are putting your family at risk.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #8689
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs
Would I be the ass hole if I told my sister that living where she does has rotted her brain?

You know your sister better than anyone on this board I'm sure. I'd express your concerns in the way you think most likely to get through.

For most people, calling them a moron would be counterproductive. From your description only, not knowing the people involved beyond what you've said, I would also call it inaccurate. The most likely conclusion I can draw from the limited information available is that she assessed the situation and made a different life choice, choosing to accept a risk that most people would not choose to accept.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #8690
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

My guess, with nothing other than experience with those with authority over children to back it up, is it has to do with covering their behinds. I.e. if you're going to approve something to inject kids with you'd better be *darned* sure there aren't significant rates of serious side effects that you didn't know about and/or in any way understated at approval time.
Old 08-17-2021, 05:14 PM   #8691
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
You know your sister better than anyone on this board I'm sure. I'd express your concerns in the way you think most likely to get through.

For most people, calling them a moron would be counterproductive. From your description only, not knowing the people involved beyond what you've said, I would also call it inaccurate. The most likely conclusion I can draw from the limited information available is that she assessed the situation and made a different life choice, choosing to accept a risk that most people would not choose to accept.

She's choosing to accept a risk for her AND everyone she comes into contact with. This is not just some choice she's making in a vacuum that doesn't impact anyone else. This isn't someone smoking weed in their home. This is having a few drinks and driving home tipsy. Just a different life choice, really?
Old 08-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #8692
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

We're choosing to accept a risk for everyone else every time we get into a car and drive, every time we go anywhere and do anything, as I've given multiple examples of previously we accept some risk as part of the way we've decided to orient our society, what we accept and what we don't. Some of those have far greater impact that not getting a vaccine.

So yes, it's just a different life choice.
Old 08-17-2021, 05:43 PM   #8693
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Come on. Driving and anti-vax aren't remotely comparable.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:14 PM   #8694
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

In degree of risk, no they aren't. In there being an element of risk to others involved, yes they are. As I've said though, there are other factors - the average person's contribution to climate change, average person's purchases of goods produced under dangerous, sweatshop-type conditions, etc - which have a far greater impact than someone not getting a vaccine. It's one of those situations where we choose to care about some of those things, and choose not to care about others. There are levels of harm to others that we are simply willing to accept to have the lifestyle we want as a society.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #8695
molson
General Manager

If you could take a shot to drastically reduce your odds, and the odds of those around you, from dying in a car accident, you'd be a selfish moron not to take it.

You could apply that thinking to any number of useful but potential dangerous activities.

Last edited by molson : 08-17-2021 at 06:19 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #8696
Ksyrup

Quote:
In degree of risk, no they aren't. In there being an element of risk to others involved, yes they are. As I've said though, there are other factors - the average person's contribution to climate change, average person's purchases of goods produced under dangerous, sweatshop-type conditions, etc - which have a far greater impact than someone not getting a vaccine. It's one of those situations where we choose to care about some of those things, and choose not to care about others. There are levels of harm to others that we are simply willing to accept to have the lifestyle we want as a society.

You continue to use those analogies and they are terrible. One person's contribution to global warming or sweatshops is infinitesimally smaller than the risk of spreading this particular communicable virus. It's not even remotely comparable. Those are "levels of harm to others" that only exist because we as a collective global community contribute to it happening. But one unvaxxed person with Covid can easily impact a number of people.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-17-2021 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:06 PM   #8697
Ksyrup

Let's put aside driving. How about a man with HIV having unprotected sex with a woman? Not a guarantee of transmission by any stretch (CDC says 8 out of 10K). Just a "different life choice" to go around having one night stands? It's a free country and I can decide what risk I'm willing to take with other people's lives, right?
Old 08-17-2021, 07:19 PM   #8698
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
If you could take a shot to drastically reduce your odds, and the odds of those around you, from dying in a car accident, you'd be a selfish moron not to take it.

You could apply that thinking to any number of useful but potential dangerous activities.

I would also take a free shot to stop climate change.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:27 PM   #8699
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSyrup
One person's contribution to global warming or sweatshops is infinitesimally smaller than the risk of spreading this particular communicable virus. It's not even remotely comparable.

No it's not, it's far worse. Almost everyone who contracts COVID does not die. The current US fatality rate is less than 2%.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-17-2021 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:10 PM   #8700
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
We're choosing to accept a risk for everyone else every time we get into a car and drive, every time we go anywhere and do anything, as I've given multiple examples of previously we accept some risk as part of the way we've decided to orient our society, what we accept and what we don't. Some of those have far greater impact that not getting a vaccine.

So yes, it's just a different life choice.

If you're going to compare it to driving, compare it to drinking and driving, because it's not just you that you're putting at risk.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote