Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #1001
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Do you still have Kane Ferdinand and Ryan Hall?

Yes, Ryan Hall is the highest earner on my team. Ferdinand was my first team midfielder for the second half of my last season.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #1002
Karim
College Starter

I can't figure this one out...

One of my coaches says that a 17 year old on my U18 team is worthy of a professional contract. When I go to the contract screen, it says "This is the contract I would like" but everything is greyed out and set to "Non-Contract". When I go to set him to "Player" and "Part-Time", then the contract length becomes starred * with red saying it's not available due to board restrictions.

What restrictions would this be? I'm 16k under my $325k wage limit and there's no way he'd require that much. It would be nice to get him under a professional contract to get him better training but I have no idea how to do it.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #1003
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Is it possible he is a foreigner and therefore can't sign a pro contract until he turns 18?
Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #1004
Karim
College Starter

No, he's English. He's actually asking for a non-contract as is a guy I just signed on free-transfer.

These 'non-contracts' are something new so I'm not sure how they work yet. It's beneficial for small clubs who don't have money to commit to a weekly wage but it also seems it's preventing me from signing a guy to a part-time contract for some reason.

I thought it might be related to squad status but even at 'Indispensable', I can't offer a real contract.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #1005
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I feel like the fix is in. Playing Tottenham in the semi-final of Euro Cup and have had two goals taken back by offside calls that both cases the replay showed my guys to be onside.

Its like we're playing in Serie A or something.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #1006
Balldog
Pro Rookie

My goodness! We are just having one of those crazy injury plagued seasons. It is only October and my top 3 strikers are all out for 2+ months, so I sign a guy on a free and have brought up two prospects. I started my next game with the two prospects in the lineup and the free on the bench. At the half I bring in the free and within fifteen minutes he scores 2 goals and gets hurt for 3 months! Ahhh!

To make things worse he actually put us over budget when I signed him but I figured we had to have someone with experience and tried to justify it to myself that way.

Last edited by Balldog : 09-20-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #1007
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just had the most EPIC penalty shoot out in a League Cup game... Arsenal (me)-Man United tied 2-2 after regulation. 30 minutes of Extra Time do not lead to any more goals, so it's the lottery of a penalty shootout.

Both our first guys miss. The next two guys for each team score.. in round 4, they score again, and we're saved.. so it's match point Man United (really two of them, they would win by either scoring, or saving our PK attempt).. but their round five penalty is saved, and we score to extend the shootout.

Since both teams have now used up anyone halfway decent at taking penalties..what comes next is a comedy of errors.

Sixth round: Neither side score. (Arsenal Match Point #1)
Seventh Round: Neither side score (Arsenal Match Point #2)
Eighth Round: Make that SIX missed/saved penalties in a row! (Arsenal Match Point #3)

Ninth Round: Finally, Jonny Evans scores to break the streak.. but we score as well.. could it come down to Keeper vs Keeper? (Man United Match Point #3)

Tenth Round: Man United.... Saved! I'm already half expecting a miss here, but my limping, injured defender.. scores! We win!

5-4 after 10 rounds. A combined 9-20 on PK's. That's not even English National Team level....
Old 09-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #1008
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Okay can someone give me a link to a good walk through guide for FM 2012?
cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #1009
PilotMan
Head Coach

I just had something that I hadn't in all my years of CM/FM.

Playing as Maidenhead way down in England we had our keeper launch a bomb straight down the middle that was latched onto by our striker who disrupted the keeper and scored. Now that by itself isn't all that fantastic, but the second time it happened, right to the feet of the striker who one timed it from 19 yards to beat the keeper blew me away.

The keeper ended up with 2 assists, both of our goals as we picked up a 2-1 win over Eastbourne Boro.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 09-23-2012 at 11:44 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #1010
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh, that actually used to be a bug in the game engine a few iterations ago. Big boots from the keeper to breakaway strikers.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #1011
scooter
High School Varsity

Has anyone tried changing the attribute colors of their skin throught the Preferences tab? The various shades of blue aren't different enough for me. I've tried it a few times (pick new colors, click Confirm) and it doesn't work. When I go back to the screen again, the colors are back to their defaults. I'm using the FM2012 Dark skin. I have Use Skin Cache unchecked. And I have Always Reload Skin on Confirm checked. Any ideas?
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #1012
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

^^ never knew about that. let me see
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #1013
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

seems to work fine on mine. im using default skins and no add-ons of any kind
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #1014
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
seems to work fine on mine. im using default skins and no add-ons of any kind

I'm using the default dark skin that came with the game, but I've added new logos. I wouldn't think that would make any difference. In older versions of the game there was a text file where you could go in and change the colors, but this was something new I stumbled across. Maybe I can head over to the SI forums and someone can give me some insight. Thanks for trying.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #1015
scooter
High School Varsity

I guess I should have started over at the SI forums It works - I just had to untick "Always Reload on Confirm" and tick "Use Skin Cache". And for anyone else that may be interested, this only works on the default FM12 Dark skin that comes with the game.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1016
TroyF
Coordinator

I always get the high resolution panes and the Steklo skin. It's my favorite skin, year in, year out.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #1017
path12
Coordinator

A decade of playing and finally -- my Tottenham team just did the treble, winning Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup. W00t!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #1018
MikeVic
Head Coach

I'm playing on iOS but figured this was general enough question... if someone won't re-sign with you because you can't meet their demands (I'm guessing I can't pay enough, my board will allow a max of 98k/week but I guess this guy wants more), would it be best to transfer list him asap, or just ride it out and lose him? He's my best central defender and I'm fighting for top spot in the Premier League.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #1019
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I'm playing on iOS but figured this was general enough question... if someone won't re-sign with you because you can't meet their demands (I'm guessing I can't pay enough, my board will allow a max of 98k/week but I guess this guy wants more), would it be best to transfer list him asap, or just ride it out and lose him? He's my best central defender and I'm fighting for top spot in the Premier League.

The usual 'that depends' comes into play ...

You might find the player chickens out and lowers their expectations as they get closer to expiry if no other clubs express an interest in him (if they do you're in trouble) ... you might also be able to bribe him with clauses and suchlike - big club release clause often helps if you're a smaller team.

But otherwise, yeah sell him before he loses value.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #1020
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The usual 'that depends' comes into play ...

You might find the player chickens out and lowers their expectations as they get closer to expiry if no other clubs express an interest in him (if they do you're in trouble) ... you might also be able to bribe him with clauses and suchlike - big club release clause often helps if you're a smaller team.

But otherwise, yeah sell him before he loses value.

Unless you need that spot (but given that you're fighting for top spot vs. top-whatever that's probably not an issue).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #1021
korme
Go Reds

Potentially a dumb question, but I'm trying to replicate this tactic someone posted online, where he has his wingbacks with little flags shown going outwards. How do I replicate that?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #1022
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Potentially a dumb question, but I'm trying to replicate this tactic someone posted online, where he has his wingbacks with little flags shown going outwards. How do I replicate that?

never heard of that
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #1023
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think those are arrows he added outside of FM to show that his wingbacks are hugging the sideline. That or it's an earlier version of FM.

Link?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #1024
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

wait until the beginning of December, he might drop his wage demands then, if he doesnt you can always sell him that month. it also depends on how much you can get for him if hes worth holding onto till the end of his contract
Old 06-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #1025
Icy
Pro Starter

Those arrows are visible when you convert your tactic to classic, but if you do, then you can't use touchline instructions.

Anyway:

Forward arrow=Run from deep often
Backward arrow=Run from deep rarely

Update: do you mean arrows or flags? if you mean the small little flags, those mean "play offside" is enabled.

Last edited by Icy : 06-05-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #1026
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Those arrows are visible when you convert your tactic to classic, but if you do, then you can't use touchline instructions.

Anyway:

Forward arrow=Run from deep often
Backward arrow=Run from deep rarely

Update: do you mean arrows or flags? if you mean the small little flags, those mean "play offside" is enabled.

Oh yeah - I guess the arrows would come back if you converted to "classic." Definitely wouldn't do that...touchline instructions are great.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #1027
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I think those are arrows he added outside of FM to show that his wingbacks are hugging the sideline. That or it's an earlier version of FM.

Link?

Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #1028
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Those aren't arrows - they're flags to indicate that the guys are playing the offside trap.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #1029
korme
Go Reds

Cool man thanks for pointing that out. So how do I get that? Or did he convert that tactic to classic?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #1030
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cool man thanks for pointing that out. So how do I get that? Or did he convert that tactic to classic?

That's under team instructions...so once you setup the tactic and you go in to tweak the instructions (there should be a "team instructions" button, a "player instructions" button and one other one - i don't have FM open at the moment).
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #1031
korme
Go Reds

Aha! Thanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #1032
MikeVic
Head Coach

So I was looking through some of my players and noticed a bunch of my players have a happiness of Jaded... I'm playing on iOS if that makes any difference. I wouldn't have noticed this normally, but it doesn't seem great lol. What does this mean? They don't like the team?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #1033
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So I was looking through some of my players and noticed a bunch of my players have a happiness of Jaded... I'm playing on iOS if that makes any difference. I wouldn't have noticed this normally, but it doesn't seem great lol. What does this mean? They don't like the team?

Jaded just means tired. Your guys have played too many games and need some rest. You might try rotating your squad by starting different players to keep the team fresh.

Personally, I've always wondered about the ideal number of games a player can play. I usually try to rotate the team as much as I can given the variables of the caliber of team I have and the caliber of the opposition. But I might be too conservative compared to how others manage their clubs.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #1034
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
Jaded just means tired. Your guys have played too many games and need some rest. You might try rotating your squad by starting different players to keep the team fresh.

Personally, I've always wondered about the ideal number of games a player can play. I usually try to rotate the team as much as I can given the variables of the caliber of team I have and the caliber of the opposition. But I might be too conservative compared to how others manage their clubs.

Funny how that works sometimes. I remember having a player that would get upset if he was playing too much and too worn down but then as soon as I sat him out a game he would get pissed for not playing. He was eventually listed for transfer (even though he was one of my better players) just for the principle of the situation.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #1035
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post

The ideal number to play varies from player to player - generally its based on stamina and age so bear those in mind (but injury proneness does also come into play as does the style you're using the player in).

Some players will be able to cope with huge numbers of matches year in year out, others might not - the 'big' one to watch for in the upper leagues is international tournaments during the summer preventing your star player from getting a break.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #1036
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The ideal number to play varies from player to player - generally its based on stamina and age so bear those in mind (but injury proneness does also come into play as does the style you're using the player in).

Some players will be able to cope with huge numbers of matches year in year out, others might not - the 'big' one to watch for in the upper leagues is international tournaments during the summer preventing your star player from getting a break.

A timely thought as I'm just coming to a WC-containing offseason.