Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #151
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Another question....what is the first team coach? I have an assistant coach and youth coaches but no first team coaches. AI recommends five. Any particular skills I should be looking for at this position?

Personally, I just hire coaches and they work with both first team and youth players.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #152
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
You need to go to the player interaction screen of the player you want to be the mentor. Select development and then tutor. A drop down list of players who this player can mentor will pop up. You then have a conversation with both players to start the mentoring.

Thanks. I had no idea about that.
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #153
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Personally, I just hire coaches and they work with both first team and youth players.

I have to admit this is one area where FM hasn't quite nailed the realism yet. If I get to a lower league club and they have 6 youth coaches already on the books, I should at least be able to keep them around (this is the setup that most lower league clubs in the UK have, they are academy coaches but FM treats them all as youth coaches) and not have them count towards my coach limit.

It sucks having to pay 50-100k in termination fees to a bunch of scrubs so I can rehire some decent first team coaches, because I have a coach limit of 4 but I started the game with 10.

And yeah, I agree with Henry. Unless you are at a big time club (big enough to have 10+ coaches so you basically have a completely separate youth setup) you don't want to be messing around with the youth and first team designations, it will kill your training setup.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #154
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I have to admit this is one area where FM hasn't quite nailed the realism yet. If I get to a lower league club and they have 6 youth coaches already on the books, I should at least be able to keep them around (this is the setup that most lower league clubs in the UK have, they are academy coaches but FM treats them all as youth coaches) and not have them count towards my coach limit.

It sucks having to pay 50-100k in termination fees to a bunch of scrubs so I can rehire some decent first team coaches, because I have a coach limit of 4 but I started the game with 10.

And yeah, I agree with Henry. Unless you are at a big time club (big enough to have 10+ coaches so you basically have a completely separate youth setup) you don't want to be messing around with the youth and first team designations, it will kill your training setup.

This has changed - now you can offer mutual termination for no fee on the first day you arrive at the club to clean out your coaches you don't want.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #155
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
This has changed - now you can offer mutual termination for no fee on the first day you arrive at the club to clean out your coaches you don't want.

Not in the game I'm playing right now, unless I simmed a day by mistake?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #156
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You must have. I'm pretty sure it even tells you that you can once you take over the team...it's in that whole like..."package" of "new team emails"
Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #157
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Anyone know where the check box is to allow your assistant to control friendlies? Can't seem to find it in any of the options menus that I've seen thus far.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #158
MrBug708
Head Coach

Team Name --> Team Policy
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #159
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Team Name --> Team Policy

Thanks Bug.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #160
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Yep, you must have. Any coach will accept mutual termination on the first day. One of the "hints" on the game says that is for the first day at any job, so I'm assuming if you switch jobs the same rules would apply at the new one.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #161
bhlloy
Coordinator

They have always accepted it for as long as I can remember (for at least the first month actually), but I'm sure I still got charged the 50% of their remaining contract like it was last year. I'm going in game now to check.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #162
bhlloy
Coordinator

eck, I guess the inbox doesn't go back that far. If you say it's so, it must be so. Doesn't change the fact that it's a workaround but it's not really how youth/academy coaching is set up in real life. Nitpicking of course.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #163
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Marc and any of the other vets, if I am missing anything here, please let me know. I feel like I am still learning things about the game after thousands of hours into it. I do not want to lead new players astray.

The main attributes that are benefited during mentoring are mental, specifically determination. The youngster will also pick up some or all of the PPMs of the mentor. Therefore you want to match a mentor to a player by 1)position, 2)determination (the mentor needs to have a higher determination, or the youngsters determination will drop. With respect to this, my EPL team for example will have no mentors with a determination <15), 3)the mentor should have PPMs that you want to pass on, 4)compatible personality types. (I'll also throw same languages into here. I always make sure the mentor can speak one of the languages the youngster can, but I'm not sure if this modeled)

The mental part is key. This is where your youngster is going to make improvements during the mentoring. If he already has a high determination, high work rate and high teamwork, mentoring isn't going to do much for his development (depending on your level of play, EPL >15 for example). It will provide the youngster with PPMs and comradeship (a successful mentoring will list the manager and the mentor as favorite personal) but the risks outweigh the rewards for a player with already developed mental attributes (unsuccessful pairings can lead to morale drops, dislike among the players and between the manager, and disharmony in the dressing room).

What you don't want is to take your local headcase and have him mentor a bunch of youth players, otherwise you'll soon have a team of headcases. Once the youngster has developed sufficient mental skills, his development will be aided by playing games, either on loan or at the club. With all other things being equal (youth facilities, playing time, etc), youngsters with a higher determination will reach their full potential more often than youngsters with lower determination.

(this information is based on the previous versions of the game, although I don't suspect much has changed)
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #164
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Marc and any of the other vets, if I am missing anything here, please let me know. I feel like I am still learning things about the game after thousands of hours into it. I do not want to lead new players astray.

You did well covering things generally and klayman covered the risks of having 'unprofessional' role-models ...

One final word of warning with personality types, clashing types is obviously detrimental at times BUT if someone if young and has a negative personality then having him work with more professional players can help him change his attitude sometimes (if he doesn't implode ) ...

Also having two people with really unprofessional attitudes work together is basically asking them to bunk off for a quiet drink rather than do anything

Finally also consider what you're planning to do with the tutor going forward if he's an older player, if you make your starlet striker a friend of his and then release the tutor at the end of season that might not go down too well ....

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 10-25-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #165
whomario
Pro Starter

I think i found a first bug or at least a poor design choice : When giving the general team talk before the game you never get a reaction from any of the player, only when doing it individually.
However, at half time and after the game it happens with general team talks.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #166
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I think i found a first bug or at least a poor design choice : When giving the general team talk before the game you never get a reaction from any of the player, only when doing it individually.

I noticed this too - I found it very weird.

What's the deal with that?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #167
riz
SI Games

Quote:

You can actually get reactions from the overall team talk in the pre-match stage already, but it is rarer than in the other stages of the match when the players have more things from the match to assess with the team talk.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #168
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riz View Post
You can actually get reactions from the overall team talk in the pre-match stage already, but it is rarer than in the other stages of the match when the players have more things from the match to assess with the team talk.

I get one or maybe two guys motivated, but that's about it.

Does that maybe mean that my team is highly professional and doesn't want a pre-match talk?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #169
Blade6119
Coordinator

Minor feature that I may be missing, but if its not in the game I would love implemented. When i do a player search, I wish I could filter out all players I have a scouting report on, and only see players I have yet to scout. Maybe that feature is already there, but being able to search only players I havent already looked at should be an easy yet helpful filter
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:11 PM   #170
TroyF
Coordinator

I'm in late January in my start. I decided to keep the Wilshire injury in the game. I splashed some cash, but reasonable targets, no Hazard or Hulk or Gotze.

Wilshire should be ready in another month. (another 2 weeks out and then some reserve games before I throw him in action)

The EPL race is ridiculous. After 22 games:

ManU 49 points
Arsenal 48 points
Liverpool 47 points
Man City 47 points
Chelsea 45 points
Tottenheim 41 points

The top five all have goal differentials within 3 of each other.

I survived a run in late December of ties against Norwitch City, QPR and Wigan. (ugh) Too many wasted points. I think that will come back and bite me in the ass.

I also think I'm due for the big injury. Van Persie has stayed healthy the entire year. I've monitored his games and his minutes closely. The result has been 20 games, 18 goals and 7 assists.

I know I'm playing with house money at this point. When does he go down and how much is it going to kill me when he does?

His contract will be up the following year, I'm in between a rock and a hard place. Keep him and pray I can keep him somewhat healthy? Or take the 30+ million and try to find talent that can actually stay healthy?

I'll worry about that in the offseason I suppose.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #171
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm in late January in my start. I decided to keep the Wilshire injury in the game. I splashed some cash, but reasonable targets, no Hazard or Hulk or Gotze.

Wilshire should be ready in another month. (another 2 weeks out and then some reserve games before I throw him in action)

The EPL race is ridiculous. After 22 games:

ManU 49 points
Arsenal 48 points
Liverpool 47 points
Man City 47 points
Chelsea 45 points
Tottenheim 41 points

The top five all have goal differentials within 3 of each other.

I survived a run in late December of ties against Norwitch City, QPR and Wigan. (ugh) Too many wasted points. I think that will come back and bite me in the ass.

I also think I'm due for the big injury. Van Persie has stayed healthy the entire year. I've monitored his games and his minutes closely. The result has been 20 games, 18 goals and 7 assists.

I know I'm playing with house money at this point. When does he go down and how much is it going to kill me when he does?

His contract will be up the following year, I'm in between a rock and a hard place. Keep him and pray I can keep him somewhat healthy? Or take the 30+ million and try to find talent that can actually stay healthy?

I'll worry about that in the offseason I suppose.

I vote ditch him. More fun to find new talent then to stick with the names you know - unless its a special favorite player.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #172
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
How do you install kits? I swear I go through this every version. You'd have thought I'd remember by now.

Quote:
it´s C/User/documents/sports interactive/FM2012 and then there you have to create a folder called "graphics" and in that folder create one called "kits"

normally i´m not one for graphical updates but i admittedly have installed club logos for the first time ever and have to admit it makes the game a lot slicker looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Oh so it's "kits" and not "logos" ? Maybe that's why my motherfucking logos weren't showing up. I'm a doofus too sometimes.

The folders can be named whatever you want - it does NOT matter. They just have to be in the user data folder. The naming and structure is totally up to you.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:42 AM   #173
TroyF
Coordinator

Looking forward to finishing off this crazy season tomorrow.

I was bounced out of the CL by Udinese. The league is simply insane.

The top four teams all have 72 points. The fifth place team has 69.

Man U (number 1), me (number 2) and Tottenham (number 5) have a game in hand over Chelsea and Man City (3 and 4)

After the game in hand is played, there will be 4 games left for everyone. So I could be celebrating an EPL title or I could be looking at the Europa league all based off what happens over the next five games.

I play at West Brom (16th in the table), home against Sunderland (#8), at Wigan (15th), home against Man City and home against Swansea (20th)

All can be won, but any slip ups and I'm in bad shape.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #174
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Looking forward to finishing off this crazy season tomorrow.

I was bounced out of the CL by Udinese. The league is simply insane.

The top four teams all have 72 points. The fifth place team has 69.

Man U (number 1), me (number 2) and Tottenham (number 5) have a game in hand over Chelsea and Man City (3 and 4)

After the game in hand is played, there will be 4 games left for everyone. So I could be celebrating an EPL title or I could be looking at the Europa league all based off what happens over the next five games.

I play at West Brom (16th in the table), home against Sunderland (#8), at Wigan (15th), home against Man City and home against Swansea (20th)

All can be won, but any slip ups and I'm in bad shape.

Go Baggies!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #175
MrBug708
Head Coach

In my game, the Baggies were taken over by a Chinese billionaire
Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 AM   #176
MrBug708
Head Coach

Just had three EPL games scheduled in three straight days in december. I'm pretty sure that is a scheduling bug?

Last edited by MrBug708 : 10-26-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #177
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I always go fictional. For me it makes it more interesting to discover who is good rather than already know.

I love the FM series, but I follow the real game so little that everyone might as well be a fictional player!

I tried the demo again and went back to 2011. I still don't see enough in 2012 to justify the price. But I'm enjoying the hell out of my Brisbane Roar FC, though the huge offer I just received to take over Blackpool is very, very tempting.

For those who are reading this thread and are FM virgins, they need to go buy it and dive right in!!!

Last edited by Blackadar : 10-26-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #178
Icy
Pro Starter

After a first save attempt with my hometown team, i have decided to start over. I'm too attached to my hometown players as i see playing them in real life every other weekend and as stupid as it sounds, i feel bad when i cut somebody etc.

For the new start, i have decided to do a journeyman save, to become the next Mourinho, not feeling bad about leaving a team to improve my own fame and reputation.

I have started from the very bottom, unemployed and without reputation. Had to wait until November to be offered a job and it was from the bottom team of the bottom league in UK, a semi-profesional team founded in 2008 called Nuneaton, a team that had yet to win a game after 12 weeks, with no money to sign new players and the huge amount of 200 ticket holders!

Now this is a challenge!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:48 AM   #179
Epi_862
Mascot

Is there something im not getting? This has happened MULTIPLE times with my Newport Co game.

A player is mad, wants to get out of the club, i offer him to other clubs for free, no one wants him, so i offer a mutual termination...

And the player gets fucking mad?

What?
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #180
Icy
Pro Starter

Have not seen it in the thread, so here it goes:

The unofficial FM12 guide, 286 pages of FM wisdom totally free (they accept donations):

The Unofficial FM12 Guide - FM-View

Quote:
It's 286 pages packed to the gills with knowledge, screenshots, and general information. Designed for both first time players and experts with years of experience, the Guide is your tool for truely understanding all facets of Football Manager 2012. Written by the staff of FM-View, the Guide is 100% free. That's right - no payments, no "premium content" - just straight knowledge comming to you in a tight little package. 100's of hours of research have resulted in the Guide being as through as possible - but do not think that this is over - far from it, in fact.

The Guide is intended to be ammended, and supported by other articles covering a range of topics. New formations, tactics, and styles of play will allow us to add to the Guide to make it as complete as humanly possible. And, as with everything FM-View does - those too will be 100% free.

Bet you are wondering what this 286 page beast of a Guide actually contains - well, here's a peek into the Guide's inner workings:

Introduction
Pre-Game Setup
Taking On A New Job

The Tactical Framework
Definition Of Terms
Formations
The 4-4-2
The 4-5-1
The Back Three
Asymmetrical Formations
Philosophy
Strategy
Positions
Roles
Duties
Positional Analysis
Set Pieces
Touchline Instructions
Advanced Concepts In Pre-Game Tactics

Development
Friendly Matches
Backroom Staff
The Assistant Manager
Coaches
Training
Building A Scouting Network
The Physiotherapy Department
Youth Development

Morale
The Importance of Morale
Team Talks

Negotiations
Buying Players
Free Agent Signings
Loans
Contracts
Agents
Agent Offers

Media & Interactions
Press Conferences
New Job Conferences
New Signing Conferences
Pre & Post Game Interviews
Mind Games
Player Interactions
Player Absences
Board Room Interactions
Stadium Issues

GFX & Downloads
How To Install Graphics
The Ultimate XML Guide

Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #181
PraetorianX
High School JV

Hey, SI rolled out an update. Very small, only like 40 some MB. Fixes the keeper position training bug and a couple of other small things.

Very good SI, very good.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #182
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
Hey, SI rolled out an update. Very small, only like 40 some MB. Fixes the keeper position training bug and a couple of other small things.

Very good SI, very good.

As with all our products we'll sporadically roll up updates as warranted ... and sneak in a few new oddities now and again
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #183
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Have not seen it in the thread, so here it goes:

The unofficial FM12 guide, 286 pages of FM wisdom totally free (they accept donations):

The Unofficial FM12 Guide - FM-View
I've been looking for something like this for years. Thank you for posting it. Going to donate some money to them too.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #184
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
Is there something im not getting? This has happened MULTIPLE times with my Newport Co game.

A player is mad, wants to get out of the club, i offer him to other clubs for free, no one wants him, so i offer a mutual termination...

And the player gets fucking mad?

What?
Wouldn't a mutual termination pay him less than the balance of his contract? Then he'd be unemployed on top of that? I think the idea of the pay cut is making the player mad.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #185
MrBug708
Head Coach

So I'm the three time defending champion in the EPL and I've never won Manager of the Month
Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #186
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
So I'm the three time defending champion in the EPL and I've never won Manager of the Month

They know it's your (future) wife who decide the team lineups for you.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #187
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just a reminder, to check the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\lnc\all for the lnc files, they reappear after just about every patch (minor or major), so you may have to re-delete them every once ina while if you want to unlock teams etcetera
Old 10-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #188
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
As with all our products we'll sporadically roll up updates as warranted ... and sneak in a few new oddities now and again

Since FM has gone Steam exclusive this year, does this mean that SI are going to roll out patches as needed instead of one big patch in December and another in February, as in past years?

It really seams like this years FM doesn't have any of the big issues that usualy linger around until the third patch. The GK training but was the biggest that I had seen. I've been shocked to go over to the SI board and not see every other thread saying "SI is the devil!" or "I want my money back!"
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #189
Epi_862
Mascot

So does the squad status thongy (key player, backup, ect.) have any actual tangible effect after the contract is signed?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #190
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
So does the squad status thongy (key player, backup, ect.) have any actual tangible effect after the contract is signed?
Yes, that persists. It's how you tell a player what his role on the team is. If you keep telling a guy that he is a key player but you stop putting him in the lineup, he's going to get pretty pissed off. If you tell him beforehand that he's a rotation or backup player, he probably won't be happy about it at first, but it won't come as a shock when he doesn't see as much game action anymore.

That also makes me think that if you offer mutual termination to a "key player", he would probably blow his top.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #191
Epi_862
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Yes, that persists. It's how you tell a player what his role on the team is. If you keep telling a guy that he is a key player but you stop putting him in the lineup, he's going to get pretty pissed off. If you tell him beforehand that he's a rotation or backup player, he probably won't be happy about it at first, but it won't come as a shock when he doesn't see as much game action anymore.

That also makes me think that if you offer mutual termination to a "key player", he would probably blow his top.

Thanks. Better start keeping tabs on them more closely.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #192
whomario
Pro Starter

Steam tells me, that "This game is currently unavailable"

I knew i shouldn´t have let windows update.

edit : I don´t freaking want to update all my drivers like steam suggests, especially since my laptop goes wonky with the latest graphic drivers (flickering on the screen)... And every other game works i have on steam, including FM11. And did i mention that i shouldn´t have to update drivers that were clearly working just 24 hours ago ? Shouldn´t the engine be able to tell what exactly is the problem ? "This game is currently unavailable" my ass ...

Last edited by whomario : 10-27-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #193
whomario
Pro Starter

ok, if anyone else is getting this : Open steam, right click on Football Manager 2012 ---- > Properties ----> local files ----> verify integrity of cache

then update goes and/or steam downloads some other stuff. If it still doesn´t work, do it again. Rinse and repeat. Had to do it 4 times but now it works.

Last edited by whomario : 10-27-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #194
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
They know it's your (future) wife who decide the team lineups for you.

Close, my Assman does that for me
Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #195
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm a FM noob and I'm looking for some advice on what to do with a player.

I took over Chelmsford after they fired their manager near the end of the 12/13 season. Before start of the my 1st full season with the club I signed a 17 year old midfielder with huge upside on a free transfer. He's developed much better and faster than I expected. His assessed value after I signed him was $200k and now at the start of his 2nd season with the team (we were promoted to Blue Square Premier) his assessed value has gone up to $290k. He's now 18, he's the best player on my team, probably one of the top 2-3 midfielders in Blue Square Premier, and I have him signed for the remainder of this season and one more.

There's no way I'm going to be able to afford him after next season and he's my best player right now. My club isn't in the greatest shape financially, but is financially stable. Valued at $650k, $3.8 million in debt (they decided to build a new stadium which opens after this season), and about $300k cash sitting around.

I seriously doubt I could get promoted again this season, but I do think next season would be realistic possibility. His contract is up after next season though and right now my budget is around $8.5k per week on players so, like I said, there's no way I'm going to be able to resign this kid.

I honestly don't know what to do with a young player this talented at this level on a club this small. I've never had anyone close to him honestly.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-27-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #196
MrBug708
Head Coach

Sell him and attach a 50% future fee to him.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #197
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Since FM has gone Steam exclusive this year, does this mean that SI are going to roll out patches as needed instead of one big patch in December and another in February, as in past years?
The answer to this question determines whether I buy this game in October or in February.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #198
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
The answer to this question determines whether I buy this game in October or in February.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #199
markprior22
High School Varsity

How does the game update? I started the game through Steam but didn't get any notices, downloads, etc. I'll try the cache suggestion above but I would like to know what process occurs when a Steam game gets updated.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #200
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
How does the game update? I started the game through Steam but didn't get any notices, downloads, etc. I'll try the cache suggestion above but I would like to know what process occurs when a Steam game gets updated.

Steam updates are usually performed in the background, the only notification you usually get is a popup when the update has downloaded and maybe an update in the recent news area.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote