Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2020, 01:44 AM   #1
AlexB
Pro Starter

FOF8 question - common issue / bug?

Despite playing FOF for years (SP), never got on with FOF8, but after an unusually dominant SP career in 7, I thought I’d best give 8 another try, particularly as FOF next is clearly going to be more likely a progression of 8 rather than a reversion to 7.

Had a quirk in my first off-season that I think is a bug, but thought I’d check here first.

I was offered a trade in LFA, 3rd round pick plus a player I didn’t want for a seemingly developing DT, but one who would not be a starter. Thought I’d go for it, but I couldn’t accept the trade (the Offer Trade’ button was greyed out).

I did try and edit the trade to see if I could get a 2nd rounder on its own, but That’s when I noticed that I couldn’t Make the trade, but even when cancelling, reloading I couldn’t confirm the original offer either.

And from that point on, I couldn’t make any contract offers to unattached FAs, but was fine to do so with FAs who were still listed on other teams roster pages

Plenty of cap room so that wasn’t an issue, but I did have more than 70 players on my roster when I noticed the FA issue (this wasn’t the case for the trade issue)

Has anyone seen this before, is there a reason for it?

I did use some of the GUI mods before firing up, so not sure whether that had something to do with it

Last edited by AlexB : 06-09-2020 at 02:38 AM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
triplykely
Mascot

I think there may be a few different things going on with what you're describing. As for the AI initiated trade, I've had the trade button greyed out before. Simply removing the players and picks for both sides, closing the trade window then reopening it, and manually adding the players and picks should get the button back. To be clear, don't reopen the trade offer email, open the trade window and manually add the players/picks. Also, in trades I've noticed if you don't accept when the CPU agrees to an offer, only to offer something less, the CPU doesn't accept the original offer. I believe its something like, 'you're trying to take advantage of me, now I don't want to trade at all.' As for the FA issue, I haven't ran into that but I don't ever carry more than 70 players so I'm not sure if thats the issue.
triplykely is offline   Reply With Quote