Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2020, 09:35 PM   #1
Ronmun29
n00b

Tinkering under the hood of FOF8

I am interested in importing players from a long running career league. I know that it will be a lot of work.
I have seen the roster and draft files done by some players (Wudu2?), which convinces me that it is "do-able" though.
What I would need however, is a way to co-relate the spots in a csv file to know how to set up initial ratings...then a way to make the csv file into the fdt file to initially begin play.
Any help appreciated

Thank you,

Ron

Ronmun29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
Wudu2
n00b

I've done this before, and it wasn't too onerous, just depends on the source data. Is this from a previous version of FOF or another game?

The CSV build and conversion is actually the easy part. Jim included a separate application file, "PlayerFile.exe" in the FOF8 root directory. Open that up and it will tell you what each column in the CSV file reflects, what the numbers correspond to which team, position, college and hometown. Once you have a CSV file finished, it will also convert that file to an FDT for use with the game.
Wudu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #3
Ronmun29
n00b

Thank you Wudu2.
Yes, from a different game with its own history...which it seems I cannot port over, but can get the players by your method.
Ronmun29 is offline   Reply With Quote