SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
When have they not been in form?

You're not helping your cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Just noticed this - I'll check into it tomorrow for you.

(although please be patient I'm rather rushed off my feet trying to get the iOS and Android transfer updates out the door at the mo)

It's all good. I was commenting more for SirFozzie's benefit than anything else.

(But, yeah, if it wasn't addressed, it needs looking into; that bug makes it a hassle trying to loan anybody out.)
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #402
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

That loan bug was definitely looked at as multiple people reported it. On 2/4:

Quote:
We have a potential fix for this issue that is currently being tested. The examples we had of this issue appear to have been fixed by this change. However, it would be good to verify this has been fixed accross all saves. So if you wouldn't mind uploading your saves for us to have a quick look at then that would be great.

2/5:

Quote:
Thanks for the save.

Your example looks to have been fixed. A fix for this issue should be included in the next update.

2/19:

Quote:
The recent patch was an ME only update along with a few crash and performace related fixes. A fix for the montly loan fee issue is being tested at present.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #403
cougarfreak
College Starter

Does anyone play this on a mac? I just got a new macbook, and am considering picking this up. Are mods available for the mac version?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #404
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Does anyone play this on a mac? I just got a new macbook, and am considering picking this up. Are mods available for the mac version?

I do and it'll run great. I'm not sure about mods, though.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #405
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I've been brain-stuck at a season-end for the past few days - starting the game up and then I don't end up playing.

It's funny - sometimes I'm in the mood to get to a season-end and deal with all the offseason stuff, and sometimes I want to be in-season. I guess right now I'd rather be in-season than off-season (despite all the promising young kids I have pushing for first team places -- or maybe because I'll have to make decisions on a bunch of them), but I'm going to try to power-through that tonight.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #406
whomario
Pro Starter

well, i´ve started and abandoned about a dozen saves during the last months for various reasons ... can´choose a team/setup and stick with it ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #407
bhlloy
Coordinator

Anyone have any thoughts on the ME since the last couple of patches? How does the game "feel" in terms of attacking play now
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #408
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

With regards to the bug mentioned previosusy - can anyone who's affected by it please PM me an email addy and I'll pass it onto the person working in this area on the FM crew so they can ensure its looked into.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #409
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post

Pretty sure all the mods work for both PC and MAC.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #410
Flasch186
Coordinator

I have the offer bug in the Russian League Marc. A team offers a player X who subsequently turns down the offer for salary reasons and within days that same team is rebidding on the player and the cycle goes on like this forever I guess....

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #411
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

That's not good. I can't imagine there will be another patch.

Edit: Though I'm not seeing any complaints about any loan bugs at the SI boards...

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 03-09-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #412
Shepp
High School Varsity

Has anyone else been having issues with getting team talks right compared to FM12? Last year I didn't have any trouble getting positive responses from my team this year I just can't seem to get it right.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #413
whomario
Pro Starter

It levels out for me after a while. At first it´s really tough, i´m assuming due to the players being sceptical towards the new man in charge (which is supported by my unfounded observation that new signings also are tougher to speak to) but gets better for me after a little while.

One thing that´s just ridiculous though is that the ass manager is suggesting the same fucking talk 9 games out of 10...
and there have to be more varieties aplicable to normal matches. Heck, in a german game 10 years ago there were more team talk possibilities. Plus, they were recoded as audio files and spoken by a Franz Beckenbauer impersonator
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #414
Shepp
High School Varsity

That could be it but I've often wondered if the tones, as intented by SI, don't mean what I think they mean. One of my biggest gripes against the FM series is that the documentation that comes with the game doesn't always do a very good job explaining exactly how functions are supposed to work.

For example, I have always chosen assistant managers and scouts, for next oppostion scouting, with high tactical knowledge. My logic was that tactical knowledge would improve the way they evaluate teams for scouting and feedback during the game. While I was playing the other day I saw a tooltip that popped up, while the game was processing, that said that it was tactics coaching which was the attribute that did this and not tactcal knowledge. After that I could see why SI made it that way but I would have never guessed that on my own. It would have been nice if there was somewhere, other than a random tooltip, where I would look and get an explanation about how game functions were intended to work by SI and not have to figure it out for myself.

I would really appreciate it if someone like Mark Vaughan would be willing to give a short explaination of what the different tones are supposed to mean in case I'm just off base like I was with tactical knowledge.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #415
SackAttack
Head Coach

Had a couple shootout-related issues last night.

1) I set 5 shooters, all of whom were still in the game, but somebody got skipped. The player I selected as #5 took the 4th shot.

2) Maybe a rule has changed somewhere or maybe I'm just oblivious, but Liverpool went first in the shootout, and converted 3 of their first 4 shots. So did I, as West Brom. Liverpool shot and scored on their 5th, and the game declared them the winners. West Brom never had a chance to take their 5th shot.

That can't be right, can it?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #416
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

got a screen of it? if it was 4-3 Liverpool, then no, it's wrong. I'm wondering if the skipped over player counted as your missing player

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-14-2013 at 12:56 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #417
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, so I caved and got this during the sale, are you all playing in the "Classic mode" or just normally? And for those of you playing in Classic mode, how is it? Thanks in advance
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #418
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
got a screen of it? if it was 4-3 Liverpool, then no, it's wrong. I'm wondering if the skipped over player counted as your missing player

Final was 4-3 Liverpool, yeah. No screen. I didn't think to take one.

Even so, I was shooting 2nd. I hadn't even taken my 5th shot yet, so even if it skipped someone, it should have still gone to #6 or whatever.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #419
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alright missed this during the sale but my question is..buy this version, wait for 14 and buy the Hockey one by OOTPDevelopments....or both
Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #420
Ryan S
Quarterback

I would be inclined to buy Football Manager now, and pick up up Franchise Hockey Manager in the fall unless you want to help test the game.

It will probably be months before you can seriously attempt a long term game in FHM.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #421
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Ok, so I caved and got this during the sale, are you all playing in the "Classic mode" or just normally? And for those of you playing in Classic mode, how is it? Thanks in advance

I've tried some FMC challenge modes. Pretty fun for quick games. I think I'd miss too much of the some of the elements missing to play it regularly (I love player development, and it is sort of stream-lined too far in classic mode). I wouldn't really miss so many press conferences and such, but I would miss pep-talks.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #422
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
It levels out for me after a while. At first it´s really tough, i´m assuming due to the players being sceptical towards the new man in charge (which is supported by my unfounded observation that new signings also are tougher to speak to) but gets better for me after a little while.

One thing that´s just ridiculous though is that the ass manager is suggesting the same fucking talk 9 games out of 10...
and there have to be more varieties aplicable to normal matches. Heck, in a german game 10 years ago there were more team talk possibilities. Plus, they were recoded as audio files and spoken by a Franz Beckenbauer impersonator

I think that is the case. The team sort of tuns in to you after awhile (and having some success).
Old 03-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #423
SackAttack
Head Coach

So we've played 18 competitive matches so far. Romelu Lukaku has appeared in 14 of them for us. According to the game, that's a "lack of appearances" that means his national coach shouldn't call him up.

I've gotten that news story even on players who have played in every competitive match in the course of a season. Is that just a case of the news system not being versatile enough to handle multiple reasons for why a player 'should' be dropped/not called up?

Last edited by SackAttack : 03-15-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #424
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post

I am loving classic mode. Through one season and into a second at a quicker pace with fewer details to worry about.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #425
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I think that is the case. The team sort of tuns in to you after awhile (and having some success).

You may be right but I think it would still be nice if SI would give a few more details in the game documentation. In the past, when the game wasn't so complex, I can see that maybe they felt if they pulled the curtain back to far about how certain functions worked that it would be easy for players to manipulate the game. However, with as complex as FM is today, its hard enough to keep all of the moving parts going in the right direction without the added difficulty of an ambiguous interface.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #426
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
So we've played 18 competitive matches so far. Romelu Lukaku has appeared in 14 of them for us. According to the game, that's a "lack of appearances" that means his national coach shouldn't call him up.

I've gotten that news story even on players who have played in every competitive match in the course of a season. Is that just a case of the news system not being versatile enough to handle multiple reasons for why a player 'should' be dropped/not called up?

I think so. A lot of the media reactions to selections are sort of strange. Some of the players that they call for being selected couldn't hold the jock of the guys that do. It just seems to be a way to challenge the national coaches.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #427
Flasch186
Coordinator

So Im getting a new laptop and one of the things that crosses my mind is whats easiest:

Redownloading Steam and downloading the games and installing them from there, even if it takes longer

or

is there a way to transfer them via USB or SSD and keep my game Im playing now on the old Laptop?

Or something in between?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #428
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
So Im getting a new laptop and one of the things that crosses my mind is whats easiest:

Redownloading Steam and downloading the games and installing them from there, even if it takes longer

or

is there a way to transfer them via USB or SSD and keep my game Im playing now on the old Laptop?

Or something in between?

Install fresh is always better. You can have some conflicts moving them across.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #429
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

Or something in between?

You can definitely keep the savegame. It is stored in your "Documents" folder.

If you don't currently have an external hard disk, you can buy a SATA to USB connector. I have an example below. Make sure the one you order is suitable for your hard drive. (IDE/SATA, 2.5/3.5 etc)

USB 2 0 to SATA 7 15 Pin 22Pin Adapter Cable for 2 5" Hard Drive USA SHIP | eBay

You should be able to copy over your current steam data to save downloading everything again. If you do this, make sure you go to Properties -> Local Files and verify the game cache.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #430
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Football Manager 1888

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs3 : 04-01-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #431
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's even better 'cause if they made a game that started there and moved on, it'd massively sell.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #432
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post

Why I hate April Fools day, I would actually love the option to start from back then.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #433
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Why I hate April Fools day, I would actually love the option to start from back then.

This. I knew it was April Fools Day, but still thought it was a cool idea.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #434
Izulde
Head Coach

I would totally buy that, especially if it offered expansion and gradual rules changes.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #435
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
well, i´ve started and abandoned about a dozen saves during the last months for various reasons ... can´choose a team/setup and stick with it ...

I've had the same issue especially with this version. I've been buying and playing this since CM00/01 and while I've been a big fan of the increase in complexity it has, for me, finally gone too far.

Thinking about reinstalling FM10 or FM11. I think those hit the sweet spot on the complex/fun continuum for the experience I want.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #436
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post

i want that!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #437
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I've had the same issue especially with this version. I've been buying and playing this since CM00/01 and while I've been a big fan of the increase in complexity it has, for me, finally gone too far.

Thinking about reinstalling FM10 or FM11. I think those hit the sweet spot on the complex/fun continuum for the experience I want.

I reached this point a couple of years back, but just ordered FM13 based on a couple of hours play on the demo in Classic mode: it seems to be the best version of the old FM to me before team talks and press conferences and all that time consuming rubbish started getting added.

Not sure if you've tried it, but might be worth a shot
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #438
britrock88
Pro Starter

Would buy. The screenshots are amazing -- mental attributes include Gentlemanliness, Peevishness, and Nobbling. (!)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #439
whomario
Pro Starter

i actually disagree that it´s the added stuff (for me at least). You can still turn off nearly all interactions by having your assistant handle them for example.
For me personally, actually playing the games takes way more time. Somehow i feel weird playing with "key" highlights only (because 75% of them are goals) and extensive takes way too long allready.
And the "instant result" button (added it for my skin, look on sortitoutsi for more on that), i don´t really trust it reflecting things very well ...

So it´s that and me obsessing over the tactics and scouring the market for the right player, even me browsing the game world for things going on. (and since i load a ton of leagues ... Which doesn´t really hold me up though, on holiday mode each month takes about 10 minutes)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #440
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Maybe this is somewhere in this thread, but I have a player who wants to go to a bigger club, but apparently is clueless about what we have achieved. I'm managing Grossetto in Serie A and got into the Champions League for the first time. One of my players comes to me and says he wants to move so I tell him that I want to help the club achieve his ambition and that we be in the Champions League. He replies by saying that he doesn't believe this to be possible. Seriously? Dude, you played Real Madrid three weeks ago and traveled to Russia to play Rubin Kazan yesterday. Were you unaware that you were playing Champions League football? His stupidity is almost enough to make me want to sell him on the spot.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #441
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #442
Flasch186
Coordinator

Jan 9th, 2015, Rafa goes back to Liverpool. I will be transferring this game to the new laptop when its fixed. Oh yes I will. Now, if Jose goes to Chelsea all will be right

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #443
Flasch186
Coordinator

Hey Marc,

Chk this crash out:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fm.exe
Application Version: 13.3.3.31972
Application Timestamp: 514c8b4d
Fault Module Name: fm.exe
Fault Module Version: 13.3.3.31972
Fault Module Timestamp: 514c8b4d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 015014d9
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: f3d5
Additional Information 4: f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-14-2013, 04:22 AM   #444
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
Maybe this is somewhere in this thread, but I have a player who wants to go to a bigger club, but apparently is clueless about what we have achieved. I'm managing Grossetto in Serie A and got into the Champions League for the first time. One of my players comes to me and says he wants to move so I tell him that I want to help the club achieve his ambition and that we be in the Champions League. He replies by saying that he doesn't believe this to be possible. Seriously? Dude, you played Real Madrid three weeks ago and traveled to Russia to play Rubin Kazan yesterday. Were you unaware that you were playing Champions League football? His stupidity is almost enough to make me want to sell him on the spot.

that feature doesn´t work at all i´m afraid or at least lacks the mechanics to explain itself. Had similar stuff happen sooooo often allready.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #445
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
that feature doesn´t work at all i´m afraid or at least lacks the mechanics to explain itself. Had similar stuff happen sooooo often allready.

The idiot's existing contract had a 17 million pound release clause, but he wouldn't sign a new contract that didn't have a smaller release clause or a contract that removed the clause entirely. So in spite of my having kept my promise of Champions League football, the guy was off to Benfica in the January transfer window after having the release clause triggered. He was a rock in midfield for us. It's a shame he was a rock off the field too.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #446
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah, I think there's a trigger, but not enough/the right articles/phrases to correctly express it.

I've got a Hungarian GK on loan from Fulham in the BSP, and every international break a story pops up about him not playing enough games for Lincoln to be included in the Hungary squad. Howevr, he is an ever present through Christmas

I assume the trigger is that he's not playing at a high enough standard to be considered, but there isn't an article to express this, so the game selects the best it can
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #447
Flasch186
Coordinator

Marc... another one. something is not right in Windows 8 perhaps?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fm.exe
Application Version: 13.3.3.31972
Application Timestamp: 514c8b4d
Fault Module Name: fm.exe
Fault Module Version: 13.3.3.31972
Fault Module Timestamp: 514c8b4d
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0182ebeb
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: c7fc
Additional Information 2: c7fcb49d66ca45fcb46361ddc3439f9e
Additional Information 3: adcb
Additional Information 4: adcbf2f4616218483676a8fe2c25ee4e

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #448
sabotai
General Manager

I generally don't keep up with the development of FM, and when I get into playing a game, I usually don't watch much of the games so I don't know how common this is.

I decided to watch a full game to see how the tactic I made looked. Several minutes into the game, I see the opposing goalkeeper pick up the ball, wait a few seconds, then turn 90 degrees to face the sideline and boot it out of the bounds. I was like WTF? But then, my player runs up to throw the ball in, with just one player near him and unguarded, my player then turns towards the end line and throws the ball to no one and out of bounds it goes for a goal kick.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #449
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I generally don't keep up with the development of FM, and when I get into playing a game, I usually don't watch much of the games so I don't know how common this is.

I decided to watch a full game to see how the tactic I made looked. Several minutes into the game, I see the opposing goalkeeper pick up the ball, wait a few seconds, then turn 90 degrees to face the sideline and boot it out of the bounds. I was like WTF? But then, my player runs up to throw the ball in, with just one player near him and unguarded, my player then turns towards the end line and throws the ball to no one and out of bounds it goes for a goal kick.

Must have been a response to an injured player (when the GK kicked it out of bounds)
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #450
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

I think the new ME got pulled out of the oven a little bit to early this year. Even after the last patch its got more quirks than usual. I had one match where my player shot and the ball went into the net but the ME registered it as a goal kick.