Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Laptop Speaker question

Wanted to ask here before I reinstall windows as we have a lot of smart tech guys.

Bought a new laptop 3 weeks ago and on Sunday the speakers, or audio output stopped working. The headphones also don't work. the speaker icon in the sys tray has a red X.

When I open sound settings the settings say No output devices found. When I run the diagnostic tool it just says the problem is "one of more audio service isn't running, problem not fixed" No shit. I also get a tab that says Speaker Setup (unknown) and it says off.

I tried going to device manager and updating drivers, no luck. Says best driver is running. When I uninstall and then do a scan for hardware changes that doesn't help.

My next step is reinstall windows.

Best buy was almost no help. The tried to get me to buy some service and kept me on hold for almost 2 hours. My only other option with them is to leave the laptop for diagnosis. If it is a hardware issue, which it sounds like, they will fix it. If it is software then I would have to pay them. I asked if I could return it since I am really not happy. I can but then I would lose the 2 year protection plan. I can't really leave the laptop right now as my kids use it for school.

Seems like a hardware issue but would appreciate any tips or other things I can try.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
Edward64
Head Coach

I have a Dell laptop and when my audio stopped working. I ultimately "deleted" the device, rescanned for new hardware, and when it reinstalled the new hardware (e.g. driver I guess) it worked.

Not sure if you can delete vs uninstall the device?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I have a Dell laptop and when my audio stopped working. I ultimately "deleted" the device, rescanned for new hardware, and when it reinstalled the new hardware (e.g. driver I guess) it worked.

Not sure if you can delete vs uninstall the device?

yeah. It is an HP. I tried that but to no avail.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote