Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #151
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
...me and Daxor ran 5 heroics...

How long did it take you to run 5 heroics?
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #152
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

if we had run those same 5 heroics with all five guys being from the same realm, there would have been 75 items coming back to the AH.

if anything, this is going to create a seller's market (i guess you didnt really say if you thought it was going to be positive or negative impact)

How does adding more items create a sellers market? There is a finite number of different items. The more of those items that are introduced the less they are worth.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #153
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

The cost of enchanting mats going down (due to greater availability on the AH) might be offset by the increased funds players have from running instances (and getting the cash rewards, including the new cash rewards from choosing "random"). Plus, in the short-term, as everyone gears up to Tier 10 and Emblems of Frost gear, enchanting mats (and jewels) will be back in demand as everyone re-enchants/re-gems their gear.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #154
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
How long did it take you to run 5 heroics?

about 4 1/2 hours, and that was with 3 wipes in ToC and 3 more in HoS (crappy shaman healers that kept thinking they should stand IN FRONT of the tank)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #155
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
How does adding more items create a sellers market? There is a finite number of different items. The more of those items that are introduced the less they are worth.

there arent more items coming back...there are less because 4/5 of the items from each run are going to different realms

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
The cost of enchanting mats going down (due to greater availability on the AH) might be offset by the increased funds players have from running instances (and getting the cash rewards, including the new cash rewards from choosing "random"). Plus, in the short-term, as everyone gears up to Tier 10 and Emblems of Frost gear, enchanting mats (and jewels) will be back in demand as everyone re-enchants/re-gems their gear.

this is absolutely going to be true...i already need to get my gloves regemmed and reenchanted, and a new gem on my weapon, and thats only in 219s...by the time i get to 245s or whatever T10 is, i will have gone through 3 or 4 more sets of gems.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #156
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
about 4 1/2 hours, and that was with 3 wipes in ToC and 3 more in HoS (crappy shaman healers that kept thinking they should stand IN FRONT of the tank)

It's possible to wipe in ToC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #157
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
there arent more items coming back...there are less because 4/5 of the items from each run are going to different realms

But there are more people runninig instances and doing them a lot faster.

Hypotheticaly 5 people from the same server want to run an instance, they have to get a pug, etc...

Those same 5 people from the same server will still run that instance now, just do it with 5 different groups, and do it faster. Which gives them time to run more instances and get more gear to list.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #158
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

it is when your dps priest decides to pull the black knight before the tank, and the healer decides to stand between the tank and the risen ghoul so when it runs in, it pulls on the healer, who after you rescue him with a misdirect, decides to stand right next to the tank, and is apparently not running deadlybossmods or paying attention to which ghoul has the mark over his head becasue he is about to explode....i have never seen a healer get killed as fast as this guy did

the tank and were screaming on Vent about how blatantly dumb they were.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #159
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
it is when your dps priest decides to pull the black knight before the tank, and the healer decides to stand between the tank and the risen ghoul so when it runs in, it pulls on the healer, who after you rescue him with a misdirect, decides to stand right next to the tank, and is apparently not running deadlybossmods or paying attention to which ghoul has the mark over his head becasue he is about to explode....i have never seen a healer get killed as fast as this guy did

LOL ... sounds like a good example of why I never PUG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #160
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

This is gold. A healer standing in front of the tank is priceless. Unless you are there I suppose.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #161
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is gold. A healer standing in front of the tank is priceless. Unless you are there I suppose.

the best was the tank, who is a RL friend, totally focused on the black night and trying to kite all the ghouls so he didnt see what was going on (i am a hunter, and was at the edge of my range, right where i should be, so I had a great view of the healer getting pwned)....when the tank dies without ever receiving a heal, he asked me where the hell the healer was...all i said was "he died first, in less than 10 seconds" and the slew of profanities was priceless.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:28 PM   #162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

lol, I can see Dave reacting that way.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #163
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

The only wipes I see in HToC (and these are only PUGs - guild 5-mans sleep through HToC) are either:

1. Some unfortunate luck with Paletress when she summons the other mob (like the mob immediately ganking the healer).

2. People forgetting (or not seeing, for some reason) the exploding zombies during the Black Knight.

Having said that, even in PUGs I have always been able to clear it for the past two months or so even if (as with my most recent run, prior to 3.3) I had to do, literally, 50% of the overall damage on Black Knight. (See, we're not all huntards. )
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #164
spleen1015
Coordinator

I ran Deadmines last night using the new Dungeon Finder. It took about 5-10 minutes to get a group, but everything functioned well from there.

A couple of the folks in the group were 3-4 levels higher than me, so they pulled a lot of aggro. We wiped when we got to the ship and someone aggroed the whole damn boat, then the healer quit. We got a new healer quickly and finished up.

I got a really nice Rare belt from the goody bag.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #165
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I ran Deadmines last night using the new Dungeon Finder. It took about 5-10 minutes to get a group, but everything functioned well from there.

A couple of the folks in the group were 3-4 levels higher than me, so they pulled a lot of aggro. We wiped when we got to the ship and someone aggroed the whole damn boat, then the healer quit. We got a new healer quickly and finished up.

I got a really nice Rare belt from the goody bag.

i have had the pull of the whole boat happen in groups that I knew everyone...those ramps are a pain in the ass, and if you dont know exactly where cookie is, he can wander over your head and grab...did you do it on Redi?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #166
spleen1015
Coordinator

I did it on a Pally I have on my main's realm. Redi will be 20 (hopefully) by the time we go Monday. I want to have Consecration available to me.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #167
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I did it on a Pally I have on my main's realm. Redi will be 20 (hopefully) by the time we go Monday. I want to have Consecration available to me.

i want you to have consecration available to you too

my wife and kids are leaving tonight for the weekend, so I plan on doing very little other than play Wow...anyone that wants to run on sentinels let me know and I will switch over if i'm not busy.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #168
MacroGuru
Coordinator

alright I am going to roll a new toon tonight...what server so when I play, I can play with everyone.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #169
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sentinels/Alliance

I've created my Rogue, Dagran btw.. it'll be a race to be DM ready Monday night.

BTW, if everyone's on steam we may do voice chat (or I think someone had a vent server)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 12-11-2009 at 07:56 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:16 AM   #170
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Rolled a Dwarf hunter (didn't see anyone with one). Up to lvl 7.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #171
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am going to start a guild for us. Thinking of names, I'm looking for something FOFC related like 'jb's Dictator Trouts' or something.

Anyone have an good ideas?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #172
spleen1015
Coordinator

I have the charter going for "What No Trout Option".

Ping Redi when you're on and we'll get it going.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #173
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just rolled my toon...Myrdore, Female Night Elf Druid.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #174
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just created a character on Sentinels...Smiddy. Created a paladin and am in Northshire Valley.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 12-12-2009 at 07:47 PM.
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #175
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Well I haven't played in two years either, but I used that 7-day anniversary freebie. I rolled a Warlock named Lonn on Sentinels.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #176
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I will be back on when I am done watching UFC.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #177
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Things sure are different than when I started my first toon...

I remember not even being able to afford my mount until lvl 44 I was so broke. Now, at lvl 10, I already have 5 gold.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #178
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Think that's insane? I have a Blood Elf Pally (L18) on Moon Guard with 90+ gold. Why? Because there are tons of creatures who drop 1-2 Small Eggs in the BE Starting Zone each. Those eggs go for BIG money on the AH
Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #179
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Anyone who is on, type /join FOFC ad it will set up a chat channel for us as well..
Old 12-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #180
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Things sure are different than when I started my first toon...

I remember not even being able to afford my mount until lvl 44 I was so broke. Now, at lvl 10, I already have 5 gold.

Making gold can be ridiculously easy with the right professions. I'm inscription/herbalist. Right now I'm selling Vellums and Frost Lotus, before that I was crafting the cards but that relied on a little too much luck for my liking. Earlier this morning I hit 21k gold. There's a way to make thousands of gold a day with inscription by basically making every glyph in the game and selling them each for around 2-3g but you need a ton of addons and patience to make it work and I'm way too lazy for that.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #181
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Anyone who is on, type /join FOFC ad it will set up a chat channel for us as well..

Do we need a chat channel when we have guild chat?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #182
spleen1015
Coordinator

Foz, if you see this, I'm on that same People's Militia quest. Come back and we can knock it out.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #183
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

1. Some unfortunate luck with Paletress when she summons the other mob (like the mob immediately ganking the healer).

If the healer gets killed by that mob they are an idiot. I have an 80 healer and imagine this.....when that add is spawned it spawns with a near empty threat table(whoever was the highest on the Paletress does start with just a little bit of threat on the add). The secret? It is really freaking simple, don't heal before the tank picks the add up or your heals will increase your threat over the tank's threat and bam, you are dead.

An even more simple solution is that if the add spawns on the healer the healer should take the time to run towards and behind the tank. That way there is no way you can pop off a heal before the tank gets threat. It really isn't hard, the add doesn't do anywhere close to enough damage that the healer can't wait until the tank has established threat before healing the tank up to full health.

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-13-2009 at 08:08 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #184
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I have an 80 mage that isn't guilded and I get on him sometimes when I just want to mess around with people or do something stupid.....I have ran a heroic with him before in all +strength/stam greens(well as much as I could get on the ah that was actually cloth) and done nothing but melee. I made sure I told the people in the group how awesome I am and told them how stupid I thought they were when they thought I should be standing back and casting. I was the group leader so they couldn't kick me......

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-13-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #185
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I have an 80 mage that isn't guilded and I get on him sometimes when I just want to mess around with people or do something stupid.....I have ran a heroic with him before in all +strength/stam greens(well as much as I could get on the ah that was actually cloth) and done nothing but melee. I made sure I told the people in the group how awesome I am and told them how stupid I thought they were when they thought I should be standing back and casting. I was the group leader so they couldn't kick me......

this is awesome, unless you are one of the other 4, so i guess its pretty much the same as my healer in front of the tank.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #186
spleen1015
Coordinator

Deadmines tonight at 9pm EST.

Ping Redi, Saltana or Dagran in game to get a guild invite.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #187
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Deadmines tonight at 9pm EST.

Ping Redi, Saltana or Dagran in game to get a guild invite.

i put the run on the guild calendar, but it woulnt let me send out actual invites until I have a level 20 toon on the realm/in the guild

you should still be able to sign up on there yourself though.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #188
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Signed up and ready. Up to level 19 with the Warlock. I have soul stone so that should help out.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #189
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

this is why I don't run pug's.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #190
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

well, just a few hiccups, but Deadmines COMPLETE!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:25 AM   #191
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
well, just a few hiccups, but Deadmines COMPLETE!

i thought it was a real good run...the stupid ship is just hard...i think most level appropriate groups have some issues there

and once i remembered how far away i need to stand, i think we were doing pretty well.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #192
spleen1015
Coordinator

Yeah, the aggro issues around the boat suck. We saw some out of ordinary aggoring last night.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #193
RainMaker
General Manager

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #194
saldana
Pro Starter

so are we gonna grind at all on our own/small groups between now and next week, or just stay parked and run SFK or WC next week, since we can just port right into them

also, spleen, do we have a guild bank tab? i thought the first one was free?..if it isnt free, how much does it cost? i have a bunch of BoE gear from quests that other classes could use (mail, swords, cloth, etc), plus pots from alchemy
Old 12-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #195
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hey all, I have some time this week and can grind my way up but will be away the next 2 Mondays so will miss out on anything.

I'll post before I log on if anyone is around and wants to run.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #196
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'll be on, trying to get to 25 or so, but if anyone needs a DM/WC run, I'll be glad to help out
Old 12-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'll be on, trying to get to 25 or so, but if anyone needs a DM/WC run, I'll be glad to help out

My goal is to maybe get to 15 tomorrow then run deadmines in a PUG to catch up with you guys.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #198
JediKooter
Coordinator

My character is at 15 right now and about half way to 16. I should be on tonight after work.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #199
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am out tonight but in Wed/Thu for sure.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #200
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
this is why I don't run pug's.

I honestly can't believe you can play the game and not pug. I would say that my successful pug rate would be around 90%+. That ofcourse goes down once you get into raids and I would say that pug raids are probably below 50%, but hell that is what is a guild is for. I couldn't imagine never having a pug 5 man considering 5 mans are so easy that I have 3 manned alot of them, including heroics. My priest could literally keep a tank up in heroics for like 20 minutes before he would need mana. Hell I normally go an entire heroic run without a mana break. I can't imagine the fail you have seen to completely scare you off of pug 5 mans.