Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #1151
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Another question.

My best players contract is up this year. He isn't interested in signing with me. I am assuming it is because I was relegated from the prem to championship. I am currently in the beginning of the championship season and looking like I have a great shot at automatic promotion.

My question is do players ever change their minds about resigning? Like if I win promotion will he then decide to sign with me?

the dilemma is I don't think I get promoted, or certainly it would be harder, without him. He is my striker with a 35 goal season under his belt and already has 5 goals in 4 appearances this year. I currently have an 11 million dollar transfer offer for him, which obviously would go a long way. He is 29 if that matters.

Edit- the player is now pissed at me because I won't let him hold talks with another club.

Double Edit- He has now requested a transfer...

Last edited by Lathum : 06-09-2020 at 08:07 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:00 AM   #1152
chesapeake
College Starter

In FM14 I took over Aston Villa just after it had relegated. My top wingback wanted to transfer and was upset that I hadn't let him go. By November-ish, I had a 10 point lead on the rest of the league and he withdrew his request.

Not an identical situation, as I don't believe that his contract was coming up at the end of the season and I was not the manager that drove the bus through the losing battle with relegation. But, for whatever it is worth, he retired a Villan after several more years at left back.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #1153
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
In FM14 I took over Aston Villa just after it had relegated. My top wingback wanted to transfer and was upset that I hadn't let him go. By November-ish, I had a 10 point lead on the rest of the league and he withdrew his request.

Not an identical situation, as I don't believe that his contract was coming up at the end of the season and I was not the manager that drove the bus through the losing battle with relegation. But, for whatever it is worth, he retired a Villan after several more years at left back.

cool, Thanks.

5 games in to the season, I am 5-0 and he has 8 goals, I just don't see a path to promotion without him so I am going to hang on to him and hope he changes his mind.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #1154
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Another question.

My best players contract is up this year. He isn't interested in signing with me. I am assuming it is because I was relegated from the prem to championship. I am currently in the beginning of the championship season and looking like I have a great shot at automatic promotion.

My question is do players ever change their minds about resigning? Like if I win promotion will he then decide to sign with me?

the dilemma is I don't think I get promoted, or certainly it would be harder, without him. He is my striker with a 35 goal season under his belt and already has 5 goals in 4 appearances this year. I currently have an 11 million dollar transfer offer for him, which obviously would go a long way. He is 29 if that matters.

Edit- the player is now pissed at me because I won't let him hold talks with another club.

Double Edit- He has now requested a transfer...

If that $11 million is at or exceeds his current value, take the money and run. A 29 year old striker will start declining in the near-future anyway.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:22 PM   #1155
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It does but I see no path to the prem without him so I think I need to ride it out.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:40 PM   #1156
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Another question. I have guys in my roster that I have moved to reserve squad. They are still shoring in my game day roster and are put in my lineup sometimes. When I click on their profile though it says reserve squad?
Old 06-10-2020, 08:10 PM   #1157
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

HE SIGNED WITH THE FREAKING NYC RED BULLS!!!

29 year old striker in his prime who has a great shot to play in the premier league signs with the MLS. FFS.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:23 PM   #1158
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Anyone have a FM 2014 laying around they might want to sell? Or am I out of luck due to licensing issues?

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:25 PM   #1159
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Is steam not an option? I doubt many people bought the physical version.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:05 PM   #1160
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
SI seems to be pushing hard against having past (discounted) versions for sale. You can get keys off like an Amazon etc, but they don't seem to go on deep sale as often as many Steam games.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #1161
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
SI seems to be pushing hard against having past (discounted) versions for sale. You can get keys off like an Amazon etc, but they don't seem to go on deep sale as often as many Steam games.

At a quick first glance, I haven't been able to find a Steam link, and hadn't heard about an Amazon site that has keys for previous older versions. Thanks for the heads up. Will check that out and hope someone knows of other alternate sites to find it.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #1162
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Yeah, looks like SI pulls the older versions from Steam.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #1163
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Here is a U.S. ebay listing with 2013 and 2014 for $18 total -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Footba...Condition=1000

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 12-01-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #1164
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdude View Post
At a quick first glance, I haven't been able to find a Steam link, and hadn't heard about an Amazon site that has keys for previous older versions. Thanks for the heads up. Will check that out and hope someone knows of other alternate sites to find it.
2017 was the one I was looking for since the consensus is that's the year before it got too in depth/too much of a chore or black box. Don't know how keys work that well - a Google search did seem to have a bunch of sites with keys in the teens, but again I don't know their reputations https://www.amazon.com/Football-Mana.../dp/B01M4LVDGK
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:26 PM   #1165
CarterNMA
Mascot

What's it called when you revive an old thread? Threadomancy? Necrothreadcy?

I installed FM2014 on 30 Aug 2019. Spent about two weeks creating a fictional team and making other changes in the database then worked on a bunch of graphics for my team. So I've effectively been playing it for two years now. With a surgery recovery and then COVID I have 4,599 hours played now. Yes, I have no life.
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:32 AM   #1166
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterNMA View Post

I installed FM2014 on 30 Aug 2019. Spent about two weeks creating a fictional team and making other changes in the database then worked on a bunch of graphics for my team. So I've effectively been playing it for two years now. With a surgery recovery and then COVID I have 4,599 hours played now. Yes, I have no life.

Requesting screenshots of your team's history
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:48 AM   #1167
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterNMA View Post

I just checked my FM 2017 history and have 4776 hours on it. So I see you and raise you on that "no life".

Took my English level 22 Heath Rangers to the Premier League.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:43 AM   #1168
CarterNMA
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Requesting screenshots of your team's history

Imagine a straight line at a 45 degree angle, upwards. I started in Conference South and won it the first year. Then each year I won the league I was in up to the Championship. I'm two games into my first year in the Premier League. Yes, I have a sugardaddy. :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I just checked my FM 2017 history and have 4776 hours on it. So I see you and raise you on that "no life".

Took my English level 22 Heath Rangers to the Premier League.

I play very slowly... Each month I track progress in a spreadsheet, make notes about position acquisition. I also play around with the U23 and U13 squads so the youngsters get training in the positions I'm trying to get them to learn.

When playing FOF my favorite part was the draft. And in FM it's youth intake day that I get the most excited about.

I think I'll play this team until the end of the 2019/2020 season and then painstakingly try to recreate the team in the FM21 database. I tried playing FM21 back in January but I missed my team from FM14. But FM21 has a better team dynamics model and more player roles and I really like the whole player familiarity thing when two players play next to each other a lot.

Some of the cool things I've noticed with player development:
Random emails about players spontaneously having life-changing events. I had a newgen striker who looked awesome but his Det was only 9 and I don't have any mentors available for him. Boom! "An off-field event..." His Det shot up to 19! So flipping cool.
My starting left DC had a shit game in our second EPL match. 6.3 rating where everyone else was in the 7s. I gave him an official warning, which he accepted and the next day his Det jumped from 14 to 15. (He's a Model Professional so I'm sure that helped.)
Getting my son in youth intake. He's my first Wunderkind and has the potential to be World Class.
First youth intake day getting a GK who is ambidextrous and has a Driven personality.
Second youth intake day I got a DR who was slow but had amazing Teamwork, Passing and Technique. I started training him to be a Regista and he was Natural in 48 games.
CarterNMA is offline   Reply With Quote