Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #451
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Nah, men and women are the same around this nation.

I kind of figured on average they are all the same. It just seems like the crazy/unrealistic expectations are turned up a few notches here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Keep in mind that women on those sites (I would assume) get a lot of messages like "LOL UR UGLY" or "OMG ur so hawt." I'd think those kinds of messages would skew the "how often do they respond" results.

That I definitely keep in mind. In addition to those messages, they probably also get a lot of, "Hi", one word messages as well. It's just the ones where from reading their profile, I'm not shocked that they are still single.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #452
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Keep in mind that women on those sites (I would assume) get a lot of messages like "LOL UR UGLY" or "OMG ur so hawt." I'd think those kinds of messages would skew the "how often do they respond" results.

I remember when my ex-BF use to ask for my help for his dating profile. He'd find a chick he thought was hot, then was very confused when I had to tell him he couldn't message her "omg ur so hot i wanna fuk u hard". Seriously. He thought that would be an ok message and the girl would be a bitch if she didn't like that. So that like of thinking is out there for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #453
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I remember when my ex-BF use to ask for my help for his dating profile. He'd find a chick he thought was hot, then was very confused when I had to tell him he couldn't message her "omg ur so hot i wanna fuk u hard". Seriously. He thought that would be an ok message and the girl would be a bitch if she didn't like that. So that like of thinking is out there for sure.

Your ex what?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #454
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Your ex what?

Best Friend.

I see what you did there!
Quote:
Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #455
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Best Friend.

So, is he just an "F" now, having been replaced with a new "BF", or is he no longer a "F" and the coveted "BF" position remains vacant?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #456
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Best Friend.

Jus' checking. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Old 06-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #457
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
So, is he just an "F" now, having been replaced with a new "BF", or is he no longer a "F" and the coveted "BF" position remains vacant?

Now he's just on meth.
Quote:
Old 06-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #458
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Now he's just on meth.

He could still eat your face, you know...

I think we all learned a valuable lesson here: Men should not make cute abbreviations. It makes us look gay. Literally. Nothing wrong with it, if that's your thing. If you don't want people saying "wha?" then type words in full. We're not 12 year old girls here, gentlemen. We can type what we mean to say. Now I'm getting back to my gladiator films.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #459
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

I would be curious to see these kind of stats. I think it would certainly make online dating much more useful.

And yeah, the one line, "Hi, your profile is interesting, wanna chat?" stuff is lame as well.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:53 AM   #460
Izulde
Head Coach

And yet, when you actually respond to shit that's on their profile, yet don't write a too long message, they still ignore it.

It's all bullshit.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #461
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Now he's just on meth.

Will keep this in mind.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #462
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I think we all learned a valuable lesson here: Men should not make cute abbreviations. It makes us look gay. Literally. Nothing wrong with it, if that's your thing. If you don't want people saying "wha?" then type words in full. We're not 12 year old girls here, gentlemen. We can type what we mean to say. Now I'm getting back to my gladiator films.

I disagree.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #463
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

So... Things are about as dead with the neighbor as you can get without needing a shovel.

Eerily similarities between the two times we were supposed to get together.

Time #1: She suggested we get together for dinner the next night. I told her I already had plans to do dinner with mom, but could just move them to Monday. She said to spend time with mom & we would get together later in the week. Then she seemed to vanish off the planet for a couple weeks.

She eventually replied to an email when I had thought it was dead, so I kept the communication very basic. I emailed her Saturday and asked if she had a bike. She does. Asked if she might want to ride together sometime. She said she was dressed for it at that moment and could go right then. I was at work. She was busy with her mom later, so she suggested we get together for a Sunday evening ride. Of course, she hasn't responded to me since.

Deleted her phone number, history of calls, emails, sent emails, trash & contact email. She's effectively erased. I have no way of contacting her. Feels like freedom.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #464
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
So... Things are about as dead with the neighbor as you can get without needing a shovel.

Eerily similarities between the two times we were supposed to get together.

Time #1: She suggested we get together for dinner the next night. I told her I already had plans to do dinner with mom, but could just move them to Monday. She said to spend time with mom & we would get together later in the week. Then she seemed to vanish off the planet for a couple weeks.

She eventually replied to an email when I had thought it was dead, so I kept the communication very basic. I emailed her Saturday and asked if she had a bike. She does. Asked if she might want to ride together sometime. She said she was dressed for it at that moment and could go right then. I was at work. She was busy with her mom later, so she suggested we get together for a Sunday evening ride. Of course, she hasn't responded to me since.

Deleted her phone number, history of calls, emails, sent emails, trash & contact email. She's effectively erased. I have no way of contacting her. Feels like freedom.

Smart move.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #465
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Smart move.

Of course, she emails me last night just saying that she just got the email.

I replied saying "Let me know when you want to ride." I then deleted the email & went into my contacts to remove her again.

I'm not against getting together with her. If she wants to get together she can put in a little effort. I'm through putting in any.

If she does want to, she'll also find a man who shows no interest in trying anything physical or in paying her way for dinner or the like. I need every dime to pay my bills.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #466
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sounds like she's playing hard to get....which I absolutely abhor. It's the freaking 2nd decade of the 21st century, this playing hard to get or being coy shit was great back in the Victorian era, but, now...not so much. Come on ladies, step up to the plate, choke up on the bat and quit playing stupid games and then wonder why no one calls you back.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #467
PilotMan
Head Coach

I would say sometimes shit takes time to develop, and maybe she isn't in as big a hurry as you are to get together. Like a good wine, sometimes relationships just need time to breathe.

My wife and I knew each other, and didn't date for a year before we got together. I would say to just be patient and let things happen when they happen, but don't push it too hard, and don't push it away too fast either.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #468
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

You failed the "Is Your Mom More Important Than Me" test. All crazy bitches will want you to put them in front of your mom. Seriously though, next time you are in that situation just say you already have plans. She doesn't need to know the who, what, why, where of it. If she asks ... red flag it and run.

Quote:

You failed the "Will You Drop Everything For Me at the Drop of a Hat" test.
Seriously, she was testing your spontaneity here. Not really your fault on this one. Work should come first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I would say sometimes shit takes time to develop, and maybe she isn't in as big a hurry as you are to get together. Like a good wine, sometimes relationships just need time to breathe.

Exactly. She is probably rotate-banging at least 18 different outlaw bikers right now. She will fit you in when she's done and ready. You don't want sloppy 8ths, do you?
Quote:

Last edited by Rizon : 07-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #469
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

Exactly. She is probably rotate-banging at least 18 different outlaw bikers right now. She will fit you in when she's done and ready. You don't want sloppy 8ths, do you?

LMAO.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #470
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

She should have real nice and smooth skin though.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #471
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I disagree.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #472
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You don't want sloppy 8ths, do you?

At his age 8 is probably is a low number.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #473
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Seriously, you guys/gals need to let go of your mommy's apron strings.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #474
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I did see a motorcycle head back toward her place yesterday...
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #475
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I keep thinking I ought to go through my contacts and delete a bunch. Can you come over and take care of that for me? It seems up your alley.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #476
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I did see a motorcycle head back toward her place yesterday...

Stalker.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #477
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Anyone have a good promo code for match.com? I think I've got my profile tightened up a bit and I'll give this thing a shot...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-08-2012 at 02:08 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #478
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Anyone have a good promo code for match.com? I think I've got my profile tightened up a bit and I'll give this thing a shot...

So does that mean you're cocky and funny?

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-08-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #479
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So does that mean you're cocky and funny?

More funny than cocky. Means I've lost all the weight I plan on losing (although there's some toning-up going on still), that business is going well and I feel like I have a career, and that I'm tired of being lonely, and of being in self-perpetuated denial about the fact that I am lonely.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-08-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #480
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Stalker.

I don't know. He wasn't my problem.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #481
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
More funny than cocky. Means I've lost all the weight I plan on losing (although there's some toning-up going on still), that business is going well and I feel like I have a career, and that I'm tired of being lonely, and of being in self-perpetuated denial about the fact that I am lonely.

How much did you lose?

Tone up, build muscle & you'll be able to finally pull a fat chick!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #482
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How much did you lose?

Tone up, build muscle & you'll be able to finally pull a fat chick!

LMAO.

I lost like...90lbs.

And I found a good discount code, got the monthly down to like...$14.99 for 6 months. So that's fine.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #483
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

And I found a good discount code, got the monthly down to like...$14.99 for 6 months. So that's fine.

Sounds like it would make for a great dynasty thread.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #484
Logan
Head Coach

Exactly what I was thinking.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #485
Comey
College Starter

I went on a date last night with a woman I met from Match, Heather. She's very funny, very pretty...I was actually nervous for this date, the first time I've been nervous for a date in five years (granted, I've only been single for about six months out of those five years, but the point is valid).

We met at 515 in West Hartford Center...ended the night around 945. Talked the *entire* time. I can't remember a time where conversation flowed so easily. Even for two people who can talk and hold a conversation, that's really difficult to me. So I'm obviously thrilled at what I've come across.

Something happened last night that still has me rather stunned. We were at this Italian restaurant (though everything in the WeHa has to look alike and be pretentious), talking and enjoying the night. There was an older couple (I would say mid-late 60s) in the booth behind her. About an hour into our meal, they closed out the night and got up to leave. The woman, who was directly behind Heather, came to our table.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," she said, "but listening to you two...you need to keep this relationship going forever. You have something special here. You've got it. I just wanted to tell you that. You need to keep this going."

We were both stunned, to say the least. We thanked her for that. When she left, Heather turned to me and said, "Did you pay her?"

I have never had that happen before. Hell, I've never heard of that happening before, except in movies. And even then, it's Angelica Huston or some such nonsense, and you never believe it would actually happen in real life.

Last night, it happened.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #486
Subby
lolzcat

That's awesome, Comey. Great story. Hopefully a good omen!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #487
Logan
Head Coach

Just buy the ring now.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #488
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

So, second date?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #489
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Just buy the ring now.

lol...

That's a great story, though. Way to go, Comey. Good luck!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #490
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cool
Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #491
JediKooter
Coordinator

Jinxed it!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #492
Comey
College Starter

Second date will be after she returns from vacation (spontaneous photography day trip). We actually got a scowl from the woman who sat in the booth after this woman, though our conversation had turned, at that point, to a practical joke she wants to play on her bosses (where she tells them she's pregnant; I'm of the opinion that there needs to be more buildup to the joke), and her distaste for NE CT. Perhaps the woman was a NE CT resident, but she didn't care for what we brought to the table.

We've been texting one another all day, so...this is a good sign. So far. I refuse to get too far ahead anymore. Still...best first date I've ever had. Happy about that.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #493
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

You're all asking the wrong question: "So, Comey, how much did you pay the woman to say that?"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #494
Butter
Coordinator

I was kinda expecting Comey to tell the woman "mind your own god damn business", and then it goes downhill from there.

Glad that you have social skills!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #495
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Congrats!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #496
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LMAO.

I lost like...90lbs.

Quote:
Sounds like it would make for a great dynasty thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Yeah...I suppose I owe it to posterity to chronicle things. I'll do that once I push the button. Actually...fuck that...I'll do it tonight before I push the button and you all can critique my profile and shit.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #497
Galaxy
Coordinator

Comey, the post is useless with pictures.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #498
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah...I suppose I owe it to posterity to chronicle things. I'll do that once I push the button. Actually...fuck that...I'll do it tonight before I push the button and you all can critique my profile and shit.

I'm not sure you want a bunch of us providing "input" on your Match profile...well, maybe Pumpy...
Old 07-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #499
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I'm not sure you want a bunch of us providing "input" on your Match profile...well, maybe Pumpy...

Well I have less than zero experience with it, so I mean...can it really hurt?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #500
spleen1015
Coordinator

Get this in your profile and you get the girl.

Well, I believe in the soul, the cock, the pussy, the small of a woman's back, the hanging curve ball, high fiber, good scotch, that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, overrated crap. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days.