Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
tarcone
Coordinator

COVID 15

What are you guys doing to stem any unwanted weight gain? Any home training ideas that would help others? Doing anything to curb bored eating?

I am walking my dog a couple times a day. And walking around the house.

Post suggestions here.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
What are you guys doing to stem any unwanted weight gain? Any home training ideas that would help others? Doing anything to curb bored eating?

I am walking my dog a couple times a day. And walking around the house.

Post suggestions here.

Lifting here in the basement. It's been a bit cold for me to walk the kids around...but I will in the next few days when it warms up. I've been pretty strict about not grazing as well. I've lost 3 pounds since I hit the Poli Bunker last week.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm training for the 500 mile charity bicycle ride that, as of now, is still on for the last week in July
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:33 PM   #4
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Tbh, I have lost weight. I tend to eat lunch 'out' when I'm in the office. I am eating smaller portions for lunch at home. Need to be more vigilant when we get back to office work.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:36 PM   #5
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Tbh, I have lost weight. I tend to eat lunch 'out' when I'm in the office. I am eating smaller portions for lunch at home. Need to be more vigilant when we get back to office work.

Yeah,I'll either be ten pounds lighter or fifty pounds heavier after this. If I start eating, it could be ugly with so much less movement.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:44 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trying to get my wife to have sex everyday.

That hasn't worked so well.

I am doing my kids PE work with them and was just telling my wife maybe I will set up a little circuit training in the house with the kids we can do.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #7
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I've lost 12 pounds since isolating without doing much. I have today started doing the insanity workout stuff and that kicked my butt
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:04 PM   #8
spleen1015
Coordinator

I had started making some lifestyle changes before this started. I've managed to lose about 6 lbs since this started.

Managing calories, not buying anything I shouldn't eat and I make sure I get my 250 steps in every hour.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:05 PM   #9
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Doing the same thing I was doing. I've added a daily walk to the routine but that's due to the weather turning. I definitely am struggling to combat the somewhat lower physical activity I get due to not working, and also my circadian rhythms are totally messed up; on order to get groceries at optimal times I'm now getting up when I used to go to sleep.

Daily stretching, daily resistance band stuff for the bad ankle, body weight exercises 3x a week, and eating as close to what I should as possible (chicken is basically impossible to come by where I am so more fish/eggs/rice/etc. ). I was already aggressively losing weight since last September, so I'm just trying to keep it going and have mostly been able to do so. Maintaining a routine that keeps you active and eating the right stuff is my biggest recommendation. That'll be different now for most of us than it was, but it doesn't mean you can't have one.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:07 PM   #10
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Trying to get my wife to have sex everyday.

That hasn't worked so well.

I am doing my kids PE work with them and was just telling my wife maybe I will set up a little circuit training in the house with the kids we can do.

I told my wife, "Come on, girl. It's the end of the world as we know it."

She said, "Thankfully."
Old 03-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #11
Jas_lov
College Starter

I run/jog outside a few days a week before working from home. Gets me out of the house and sets me up to be productive while working and not get distracted. I also walk the dog a couple times a day. There's been a lot of walkers out, probably because they have nothing better to do. With all that I haven't really lost weight because I've been eating junk. I usually bring a salad for lunch and eat healthier in the office.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #12
molson
General Manager

4 long dog walks a day between the two dogs, and about an hour on the exercise bike watching TV.

I'm definitely eating more, but have lost a tiny bit in the last 2 weeks.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:51 PM   #13
BYU 14
Coordinator

Treadmill and recumbent bike inside. Barely cleared to start lifting some light weights post rotator cuff repair, so working mostly with PT bands and light dumb bells. Also doing some yoga that doesn't involve weight being placed on my arms and hitting the heavy bag outside, again lightly to not tweak my shoulder. (Honestly if my shoulder was further along I would be doing extended sessions on the heavy bag. Great stress relief)

Last edited by BYU 14 : 03-25-2020 at 01:52 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:54 PM   #14
Edward64
Head Coach

Big fail for me. Snacking all the time.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #15
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Intermittent Fasting. Been doing it since pre-COVID, and I intend to stick to it. So far, I've been successful - even while wife and kid enjoys their morning breakfast - I don't eat until after 11am. Black coffee (no sugar, no cream) usually gets me going until then.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:04 PM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Intermittent Fasting. Been doing it since pre-COVID, and I intend to stick to it. So far, I've been successful - even while wife and kid enjoys their morning breakfast - I don't eat until after 11am. Black coffee (no sugar, no cream) usually gets me going until then.

So you are only eating 2 meals a day or snacks too?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #17
sabotai
General Manager

My worst food and drink choices happen at work. Coupled with wanting my food to last to limit my trips to the grocery store, I'm sure I'll drop some weight, but I haven't been weighing myself that much and have, so far, only been off work since last Friday.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:16 PM   #18
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
So you are only eating 2 meals a day or snacks too?

Yeah, pretty much 2 meals/day. I've not been too prudent when it comes to snacking though. But I try to mitigate that with just a palm-full of unsalted mixed nuts from Costco. It's pretty filling and usually keeps me satisfied for a while.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #19
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Coupled with wanting my food to last to limit my trips to the grocery store, I'm sure I'll drop some weight...

This too. I've been trying to make our food stretch between trips as much as possible.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:21 PM   #20
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Opposite end of the spectrum issues here for me.

The complete shift in food sourcing has me expecting to lose weight, I'd be shocked if my average daily caloric intake wasn't down by at least 1/3rd if not more.

Between the reduction of dine-out options and the reluctance to use the supplies on hand since you don't really know what can be replaced when, I'm way the hell down.

(First world problem, I get that, I'm just kinda "well ... damn, whaddyaknow" about there being an other end of the spectrum)
Old 03-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #21
sabotai
General Manager

I've been doing IF for a while now (several years), but haven't lost much weight because I still make stupid choices. I usually eat at 12 noon, between 4-5 and then between 8-9. The 4-5pm meal is usually something small, and I hardly ever snack in between.

Despite not losing weight on it (my weight has gone up and down between 225 and 245 since college, both before and after IF), soon after starting I stopped feeling hungry when I woke up and I stopped getting hungry late at night. That by itself has been worth it, and has made it much easier the times I have been able to drop some weight. Last summer I was up to 245 and right now I'm at 230.

The only times I get hungry anymore is when I lose track of time and miss a meal. I've even done a 24 hour fast a few times and didn't get overly hungry. Just a bit hungry when the 1st meal time came and went and then I was fine. Was even only a bit hungry when the 24 hours was up, but mainly I think because it was and my usual eating time. Cravings, though, do not go away at all. At least they haven't for me. That's when my self-discipline goes to shit.

If I'd get my shit together and actually stick to healthy(ish) food and limit the drinks with calories in them, the weight would come off quickly, as it does for the 2-3 weeks here and there that I've been able to do just that.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-25-2020 at 02:27 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:32 PM   #22
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Total aside here (mostly?) -- one of the things I've found most interesting during the quarantine era has turned out to be all the various shit that literally never crossed my mind until someone brought it up.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:42 PM   #23
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm actually losing weight. Just haven't had much of an appetite since this whole thing started. Went to the grocery store today and nerves were shot when I got home.

Weather is getting nicer so I should probably start going for walks or runs.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:45 PM   #24
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I've been stressed, and my appetite goes down when I'm stressed. And I am eating out less, so overall, I am eating healthier.

My big problem has always been lack of exercise. I just hate doing it. So I'm not exercising enough during quarantine, but I wasn't exercising enough before quarantine, so that is a wash.

So, on balance, expecting to lose some weight over the course of this thing.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:46 PM   #25
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: we've also been limiting shopping trips, so we are eating more of the stuff from the back of the pantry, which tends to be the healthy whole grain stuff (which is why we weren't eating it in the first place). So that's good.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:28 PM   #26
Galaril
Pro Starter

We have the beach body on demand which is definitely worth t if you like there programs. My wife and I started P90x this past week in fact.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #27
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
We have the beach body on demand which is definitely worth t if you like there programs. My wife and I started P90x this past week in fact.

Leg day killed P90x for me. I couldnt walk afterwards and my legs were rubber for about 2 days.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #28
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm actually losing weight. Just haven't had much of an appetite since this whole thing started. Went to the grocery store today and nerves were shot when I got home.

Weather is getting nicer so I should probably start going for walks or runs.

My thinking is that a walk is better than nothing.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:44 PM   #29
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I worked remote before this, so walking every day is a huge part of my day. It's weirder because it feels weird to be out with these orders in place, but I think you have to get a few miles of steps in each day, if possible.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #30
tarcone
Coordinator

We went out to a state park to walk the dog. It was busy.

Our neighborhood was rocking. People out all over the place. Of course it was the first sunny day in awhile and in the mid 60s.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:21 PM   #31
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

*slams face into desk until fluids ooze out of every known orifice*
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:44 PM   #32
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I'm definitely gaining weight, but I've been gaining weight for at least 6-9 months so that's nothing new. Definitely need to make some changes.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:31 PM   #33
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Leg day killed P90x for me. I couldnt walk afterwards and my legs were rubber for about 2 days.

Good to know we got that coming up Friday.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:43 PM   #34
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

There's a lot of great workout programs on archive.org. I think insanity almost killed me twice and then I realized it was only the warmup.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:08 AM   #35
Danny
Head Coach

About the same. We actually have an excellent home gym setup in the garage but also have an extremely fussy 5 week old so have only worked out once. But I'm eating ok for the most part and since we live in a nice quiet neighborhood we can go for walks without coming into contact with anyone.

My wife has lost almost most of her pregnancy weight already though.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:45 PM   #36
JeeberD
General Manager

I've been doing virtual bootcamp workouts...I got lazy about waking up at 4am to do them in-person about 8 months ago, so this was good incentive to start working out again. I've also started doing some running on my off-days from bootcamp. I hope to come out of this thing in better shape than I was going into it.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote