Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Passacaglia
Coordinator

(Somewhat) Fun Time Waster -- Blue Chip Football

Anyone ever seen this?

Blue Chip College Football

Quote:
Playing Blue Chip College Football

Blue Chip College Football simulates the college football team building through recruiting. Your team consist of five offensive and four defensive players. On offense you have a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, lineman and tight end. On defense, you have a lineman, linebacker, safety and corner. Each position is rated on four skills necessary for that position.

Each year you will have the opportunity to recruit incoming freshman football players. The more players you try to recruit the better your chance of getting them. It is possible to recruit three players in one season but two recruits per season is the usual number.

Just like in real college football, players have four years of college football eligibility, from freshman to senior. Seniors graduate to the NFL. Players skills will improve each year. Single Season and Career records are kept for yards, touchdowns and tackles. Top scores are posted to the various honor rolls.

Each season consists of four out of conference game and a seven game regular season schedule. Your Bowl Championship System rank will be show after each game. If you win at least seven games you will get a bowl bid. If your BCS rank after your Bowl Game is #1, you are the National Champion!

That's basically all the documentation, so nothing to spend too much time thinking about, but kinda fun, I guess.

Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Anyone ever seen this?

Blue Chip College Football

That's basically all the documentation, so nothing to spend too much time thinking about, but kinda fun, I guess.

Has to be the same guy that did the volleyball one, which I played the shit out of. I went 0-44 in my first 4 seasons with Kent before some prodigious refreshing in recruiting got me to the National Title game a scant 2 years later, where I got shut out by Nebraska. Still, fun little time waster to be sure.

Last edited by Simbo Klice : 10-02-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Pretty buggy -- I've ended up getting errors a couple times, which completely destroys your career as far as I know. Also, I got myself ranked #2 as the regular season ended. Not sure if that meant I played in the BCS title game or what, but I ended up in the Cotton Bowl, against...myself. I won and lost 42-33, and dropped to #9.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote