Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

10 Reasons Why You Should Join The BFL

EDIT: Ready to jump in immediately without reading all of this? Just jump straight to the league's forum and sign up for a team: Current Openings, Updated mid-September 2012)

The BFL (Balanced Football League) has some openings, and we'd like to fill 'em up. I can guarantee that if you join the BFL, you'll have an experience different from any other FOF MP league you may have joined before now. We do things differently than any other league in existence. Here are some reasons you might like it:

1. The BFL uses well-tested custom draft classes (not FOF-generated ones) with QBs and WRs nerfed to radically change the balance of the game. The developer of FOF himself, Jim Gindin, has recently publicly acknowledged the imbalance that exists in FOF:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Now, my underlying argument is that the power of the WR-WR-QB position group is, in the game's current incarnation, just too heavily weighted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I'm almost embarrassed to admit the level of truth of the statement above.
To address this issue, the BFL uses the FOF Draft File Generator to create random draft classes with the same talent levels of FOF overall, but with the talent of the QB and WR positions greatly reduced. You'll never see absurd QB Ratings like in other leagues. The BFL's top five QB Ratings after seven seasons?

This of course changes the game radically and allows for many different styles of team-building to succeed, unlike the One True Powerful style of standard FOF MP. We're consistently seeing different styles of play earn bye weeks in the BFL.

2. Better competitive balance than other leagues. In seven seasons, we've had seven champs. Only one team has made the playoffs all seven years.

3. The custom draft classes contain realistic player types that don't exist so much in standard FOF. You'll consistently find guys in the later rounds who are good at a particular skill, such as a receiving RB, cover-only corner, possession WR, West Coast QB ,coverage LBs, etc. You'll have fun building your system and acquiring players who work well in it. Sure, some players like this show up in standard FOF, but they are intentionally created in realistic distributions in the BFL.

4. We use a custom utility to reduce all teams' salary caps, making free agency FAR more vibrant and interesting than in other leagues. Join now, and you can rebuild VERY quickly from a strong FA class.

5. We move at a brisk pace, allowing rebuilding projects to be faster. An entire offseason and regular season are completed in roughly 6 1/2 weeks usually. Here's the schedule for the upcoming season. (Note that we're taking a week off for recruiting new owners.)

BFL SCHEDULE AND FILES

6. Pick the right team, and you can make an immediate impact with a high pick in the first round! The draft class is strong, and some of the open teams have very good picks.

7. Low injuries. Afraid that fast sim schedule is too difficult to manage? Naaaaah. With our injury setting of only 75, you get very few annoying injuries, meaning you can set your game plan for the regular season and cruise most of the way if you'd like.

8. Web bells and whistles. Lots of web and forum stuff that no other league but the CCFL has, and we're frequently building new toys.

9. High-Activity Trade Market. The combination of the cap crunch and a group of active owners makes the trade market a ton of fun every season and offseason.

10. Very active owner base. We may have some openings, but that doesn't mean the league is anywhere near dead. There's always activity at the BFL.

Interested? Give us a shout. Sign up in the forums, and post in this thread: Current Openings, Updated mid-September 2012

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Ben E Lou

Dola:

We'll try our best to get Subby back if the lack of free sex is what is holding you back from joining.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Ben E Lou

Two teams have been claimed. Four are left

OPENINGS

BFL: New England Patriots Roster (#11 pick, -3.1M cap room)
BFL: New Jersey Jets Roster (#20 pick, $8.9M cap room)
BFL: Denver Broncos Roster (#7 pick, $56.8M cap room) CLAIMED
BFL: Oakland Raiders Roster (#17 pick, two extra 2nd round picks, $39.4M cap room) CLAIMED
BFL: New York Giants Roster (#18 pick, $66.7M cap room)
BFL: Seattle Seahawks Roster (#28 pick, $12.8M cap room)
Old 09-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
korme
Go Reds

No free sex? I'm out
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im interested
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Autumn
Head Coach

This is a really fun league guys. Ben does a great job with the draft classes, where you can find players that suit a particular role, like a blocking TE or a receiving TE, where as in random draft classes the skills are often randomly located in lower rounds. This makes the entire draft worthwhile, free agency features actual talent, managing your cap matters, and you can make a huge impact by gameplanning or roster management. Come try it out.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

A question came up about the reduced salary cap. Just to be clear, you don't have to do any extra work as an owner to implement this. It just shows up as extra "Lost Cap Room" for your team, so all you work with are the "Room Under Cap" and "Max For New Players" numbers like in any other league or in SP:

Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #8
Ben E Lou

Bumping for weekday crowd. Four teams have been taken, so only the Jets and Giants are available for sure, though I haven't heard from all of the owners I'm not sure about, so there could be additional opening(s) in the coming days...

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-17-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #9
Ben E Lou

One team left:

http://www.fof-bfl.com/teampageroster.php?teamid=19
Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #10
Ben E Lou

One more just came open...

BFL: BFL: Cleveland Browns Roster (#5 pick, $9.6M cap room)
Old 09-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
Ben E Lou

I've heard from all of the "teams of concern." We have three openings now.

OPENINGS
BFL: New Jersey Jets Roster (#20 pick, $8.9M cap room)
BFL: Cleveland Browns Roster (#5 pick, $9.6M cap room)
BFL: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Roster (#3 and #25 pick, $17.1M cap room)

Go here to sign up: Current Openings, Updated mid-September 2012
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
Ben E Lou

Only one team left, and they have the #5 overall pick in the draft.

BFL: Cleveland Browns Roster
Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I've never done MP before, but I am intrigued...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

One opening:

BFL: Houston Texans Roster
Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'll step up and offer the free sex that the BFL is lacking so we can get an owner in here. My fiancee tells me I have a nice ass. Come on, lets fill that opening.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I'll step up and offer the free sex that the BFL is lacking so we can get an owner in here. My fiancee tells me I have a nice ass. Come on, lets fill that opening.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
Ben E Lou

Two openings. Just ended a season and two guys aren't able to return:

BFL: Miami Dolphins Roster
BFL: Dallas Cowboys Roster
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i still think wede get more members if we offered free sex*

*with farm animals

Last edited by bulletsponge : 12-08-2012 at 05:17 PM.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #19
Ben E Lou

We've got some openings, including PIT with the 1(1) pick.

See here for openings: BFL Owner/Team List
Old 03-29-2013, 05:12 AM   #20
Ben E Lou

New offseason is starting today, and we have some openings. Anyone interested, check out the open teams here: BFL Owner/Team List
Old 03-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #21
RedKingGold
College Starter

Free sex?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #22
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I'd be interested but have never done multiplayer before. What kind of time is typically committed by an owner per week? Not sure I have time to be constantly running game plan analyzer and game planning (of which I have little experience anyway, typically rexing in single player) but at the same token I don't want to be a lame duck owner doing nothing either.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I'd be interested but have never done multiplayer before. What kind of time is typically committed by an owner per week? Not sure I have time to be constantly running game plan analyzer and game planning (of which I have little experience anyway, typically rexing in single player) but at the same token I don't want to be a lame duck owner doing nothing either.

As long as youre active making your team better via players, I wouldnt sweat gameplanning. Sims are nightly, but it doesnt take much time at all. I go weeks without touching anything.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #24
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
As long as youre active making your team better via players, I wouldnt sweat gameplanning. Sims are nightly, but it doesnt take much time at all. I go weeks without touching anything.

same here. and my 3 straight 3-13 seasons prove it!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
same here. and my 3 straight 3-13 seasons prove it!

chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #26
Ben E Lou

I agree with chinaski. I change my game plan once or two times per season at most, and some seasons it never changes.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Alright, I'll take the plunge. Sign me up for the Colts. They appear to have the best cap/draft situation. Fill me in on what I need to do. Like I said, first run at multiplayer.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #28
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Bumping this as we are back to the off season and the draft is starting this Tuesday. There are presently five teams available...

Miami
Detroit
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Washington

Last season was my first year of multi-player period, and I had never really game planned before then. Despite that, I managed to do pretty decent. If there is anyone else out there looking to make the jump to multi-player (or even just anyone else that wants to play in a cap crunch nerfed league) head on over to the website.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #29
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, this is a great starter league for MP because the tight cap and nerfed players gives everybody a better shot. Heck, I've won the bowl twice, so that tells you something.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote