Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #2701
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
You didn't miss any Devils jokes, he doesn't cover the ECHL.
ICE COLD
Old 01-17-2011, 06:23 PM   #2702
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Funny, I just got a call on my cell phone from India. I didn't answer it, but they left a voicemail saying "Your services will be needed here this weekend. You know who this is." I don't know who it was.

Some bounty hunter you are

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #2703
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I decided to cancel my Twitter account. I don't want to sound paranoid, but I got the feeling people were following me.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #2704
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I feel confident that I can out Panera a Panera breakfast sandwich now. It took a bit of refinement, but my homemade version is on par.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #2705
RainMaker
General Manager

Prepare to feel sad.

After Brazil flooding, loyalty to the dead – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #2706
thesloppy
Pro Starter

You ever see some local place on one of them fawning food network-type specials, and it's just some mediocre piece of crap, overhyped joint, and it makes you question the validity of the network entirely?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #2707
Epi_862
Mascot

If anyone out there is interested in labbing / just bringing in fresh perspective on a football GM sim im working on, let me know via personal message, or MSN ([email protected]) not a working email address).

I only need 2-3 people, and they will not be compensated. Of course you'll get the final product free when it comes out, if one ever comes out. It's just something im fiddling with, and i need perspective and opinions through the process. You'll get to test out match engines and what not. If that sounds like fun to you, let me know.

Also if you contact me, let me know your football / programming knowledge, and how much you usually play games and what kind of games.

Thanks.
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 AM   #2708
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Seems like a random thought that needs it's own thread, in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #2709
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

After nearly 8 years of karate, I took my first full hour class of boxing last night. Dang, that was intense. Lots of cardio work. Did it with my son Andrew too. That was maybe the coolest part of it. And the most frustrating. He was barely breaking a sweat.

FM
Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #2710
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I wonder how many different ways I can introduce myself to new reps this week? The same old spiel gets old for me even if they all only hear it once. Pity them, they have to work with me now
Old 01-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #2711
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
You ever see some local place on one of them fawning food network-type specials, and it's just some mediocre piece of crap, overhyped joint, and it makes you question the validity of the network entirely?

No. I'm in Wisconsin so unless they have a special on 'Great Deep Fried Food' I doubt I'll ever see one.

I've felt that most of those places probably pay for advertising especially on the 'Best Thing I ever ate...' show. One item was a Steak/Shrimp dinner for $7.77 in Las Vegas. Really? that is the best thing? Flank steak and 3 small shrimp???

What was your experience and with which restaurant?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #2712
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I will no longer 'Feed The Beast' for ratings and pay attention to shitbags like Cowherd and Florio. I have better things to do.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #2713
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I will no longer 'Feed The Beast' for ratings and pay attention to shitbags like Cowherd and Florio. I have better things to do.

While I enjoy profootballtalk.com because it's constantly updated and is a decent place to find news from all around the NFL, I am really surprised/impressed at how Florio has been able to parlay that into the NBC gig and all.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #2714
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Florio is a serious shitbag.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #2715
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

What makes Florio a shitbag? I am just curious, not challenging.

I usually just read the "news" portions of his website and not so much his editorials and I've never really heard him on the radio or seen him on TV.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #2716
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My first day of classes is tomorrow. Totally not in the mood.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #2717
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

I usually just read the "news" portions of his website and not so much his editorials and I've never really heard him on the radio or seen him on TV.

The TV spots are horrible, and his editorials drip douche. It's the moral righteousness that he chooses to write with/respond with that is horrible. I respect how he came out of nowhere to become a player, but he is nowhere near the level of other pundits in both reliability and in prescence. Plus it is impossible to have an outsider perspective when you work for NBC.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #2718
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

After that crap piece on Aaron Rodgers, it is obvious he has an agenda. That was piss poor 'journalism' just meant to generate hits on the week of the NFC Championship game.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #2719
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

He was in on the Roethlisberger rape heavily.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #2720
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
After that crap piece on Aaron Rodgers, it is obvious he has an agenda. That was piss poor 'journalism' just meant to generate hits on the week of the NFC Championship game.

Aaron Rodgers has a lot to learn about where his money comes from | ProFootballTalk

yeah, this is cunty as fuck.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #2721
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Now, as a Packer fan, I'll admit that taken at face value it does look bad.

However, even when it was brought up by numerous sources that Aaron Rodgers does work for the MACC fund and other charities quietly (he hosted a event for kids with cancer where they all receive $100 gift cards and there was no reporting done on it) AND it was revealed he just signed something for that lady the week before and talked to her AND the lady was interviewed and said it was no big deal, Florio doubled down and became even more douchy in his followup.

Aaron didn't give her an autograph, but he just used that lady and unwillingly put her in the center just so he could together a shit piece to drive numbers. Fuck you Florio.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #2722
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the "Final Word on X" columns are a special kind of shit.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #2723
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I have to see my doctor tomorrow. I don't mind female doctors for things like a sinus infection, but tomorrow will be awkward when I have to have her look at a painful bump on my ass.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #2724
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I have to see my doctor tomorrow. I don't mind female doctors for things like a sinus infection, but tomorrow will be awkward when I have to have her look at a painful bump on my ass.

Make sure it's not a fistula!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #2725
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

better then your dick!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #2726
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
better then your dick!

What is, "Nothing."
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #2727
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
better then your dick!

I could almost hear this type of conversation with a doctor.

Hot Female Doctor: "Ok let me see your penis."
M GO:"..."
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #2728
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

While I'm here...

Hey, M GO BLUE!!!, let me see your penis.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #2729
molson
General Manager

Maybe this is a bad segue from the previous few posts - but what the heck do girl scouts do with all that cookie loot? I mean, I know there's the meetings and the outfits and everything, but we're talking, I'm pretty sure, thousands of trillions of dollars.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #2730
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Pumpy now knows the answer.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #2731
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Had one of my best Facebook days ever today. Found quite a few relatives on my dad's side that I'd searched for numerous times with no luck ... suddenly today they seemed to magically appear. Several replies already & I'm thrilled to to reconnect with all of them. That's a side of the family that's been scattered to the four winds for most of my life (all 8 of dad's brothers are ex-military, so they've ended up all over place).

Very cool to me, but also meaningful for my son to at least see some of these folks. The resemblances to the previous generation that I remember but he never got to know are pretty striking, brings back a lot of childhood memories for me.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #2732
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I've had numerous pizza drivers try and call me from their car on their cell phones, trying to suggest that I meet them at the front door of my apartment building. Motherfucker, I'm buying this crapass cardboard pizza for an inflated price, paying a delivery fee, and giving you a tip so that someone will bring me a pizza, not so someone will bring me a pizza part of the way.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #2733
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I'll give Florio credit for owning up to shitty journalism. At least he apologized for his Aaron Rodgers piece.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #2734
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I'll give Florio credit for owning up to shitty journalism. At least he apologized for his Aaron Rodgers piece.

he just did that for more hits.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #2735
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
he just did that for more hits.

That is kinder than what my wife said. I think her response was something along the lines of he could go fuck himself.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:51 AM   #2736
Epi_862
Mascot

I'll just throw in my 2 cents here and say that the worst thing about Florio is that he doesnt know jack-fucking-shit about football.
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #2737
MJ4H
Coordinator

Arena football is about as cool as taking a bath with your dad.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #2738
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Either the day of my surgery or the day after, I watched Despicable Me. I cannot for the life of me tell you what happened in the movie. Guess I'll watch it again.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #2739
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The word "can't" does not exist in my vocabulary. Which makes it very time consuming for me to explain to people that I am unable to do something.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #2740
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The word "can't" does not exist in my vocabulary. Which makes it very time consuming for me to explain to people that I am unable to do something.

Just use the words can not. It means the same thing.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #2741
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Which makes it very time consuming for me to explain to people that I am unable to do something.

"Sorry, I can not."

There, I gave you the gift of time.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #2742
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Just use the words can not. It means the same thing.

Darn you Dan.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #2743
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Reading some fucked up account of a Philly abortion doctor who was doing some nazi level shit....google it if you care. This planet is fucked the fuck up.

Last edited by stevew : 01-19-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: change wording.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #2744
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Just to prove I have a way with women, I walked in & said "There is no way to put this other than to say it. I have a boil or something on my ass." My doctor said "Well, show me your ass!"
Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #2745
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Arena football is about as cool as taking a bath with your dad.
the fuck?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #2746
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Just to prove I have a way with women, I walked in & said "There is no way to put this other than to say it. I have a boil or something on my ass." My doctor said "Well, show me your ass!"

There's a joke or two in there somewhere.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #2747
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Has anyone else noticed time speeding up lately?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #2748
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

Is the Earth losing some of it's mass?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 01-19-2011 at 06:56 PM.
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #2749
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

If only you could put time in a bottle.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #2750
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile, after four hours of running errands around town while driving my mother-in-law's car (long uninteresting story) I believe my current stress level could be described as "can grind Giant Redwoods to dust with bare hands".