Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
bhlloy
Coordinator

Any interest in a historical 1980 start OOTP11 league?

Long story short, been looking for a decent historical online OOTP league to join but haven't been able to find one. Pet peeve is that they just aren't fun to play because of various import issues and the fact that you don't really develop prospects - they just show up in their debut seasons as ML ready players already and boom - they are there. A lot of the fun of a baseball league is drafting/trading for prospects and building from the ground up IMO.

So I started a little project to develop a roster set that would have the actual prospects already in the game at the relevant levels (thankyou Baseball Reference) and it's going pretty well so far. Having to do some editing to get around the import issues that come with the game/DB but there is enough info out there to get a good shot at it. Will be very easy then to import 80-100 players each year to create the real life draft classes also. If nothing else I'll get a fun SP career or two out of it and maybe post it on the OOTP boards in case anybody else wants to use it. I've always toyed with the idea of running an online league though and this seems like a fun concept to me. Would be an emphasis on realism and wouldn't be crazy fast moving (I know that's how a lot of people like to play) but would move at a decent pace. So just throwing it out there, is this the kind of thing that would interest a decent number of people?

bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Tim Tellean
High School JV

I could get into a PureSim historical league starting just after WW 2.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
korme
Go Reds

bholloy i would be very interested in this.... doesn't spritze or gambo have a database where all players enter the league at 18 so they can all develop like normal?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Tim Tellean
High School JV

PS 3 has it.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote