Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL - Skip offseason recruiting week 5?

Here is a question ..

Week 5 of recruiting is usually filler with 2* and 3* signing and most of them get cut anyway. If one person objects we won't do it, but would you rather skip it so we can keep moving or not?

Like I said, not a big deal but something to discuss.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

My concern is I have a 4* ATH that I don't think I was able to make a home visit on this week.

Would you be willing to search for that one guy after advancing to check to see if he signs? I really want him to sign with me and would hate to miss out just because we skipped a stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
My concern is I have a 4* ATH that I don't think I was able to make a home visit on this week.

Would you be willing to search for that one guy after advancing to check to see if he signs? I really want him to sign with me and would hate to miss out just because we skipped a stage.

Yeah not a problem.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I want to add I am not trying to push this. If anyone objects it's okay. I am not sure how everyones recruiting is going so some people might need the depth.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

I think I have 1 or 2 4* recruits that I'm trying to cherry pick late. I'm the only one, so far, to have offered them a scholarship and I think I am 2nd or 3rd on their list. I'd hate to miss out on them if we skipped.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What I will do is go through all the 4* guys when we advance and if anyone hasnt signed I will post them.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

I'm entirely done with recruiting, so don't care either way.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Whatever.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm all set so it won't matter to me.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I think I have 1 or 2 4* recruits that I'm trying to cherry pick late. I'm the only one, so far, to have offered them a scholarship and I think I am 2nd or 3rd on their list. I'd hate to miss out on them if we skipped.

I've gotten the impression from others that they just probably won't sign, but i'm really not sure how it works at this stage.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
Logan
Head Coach

I think I read somewhere that guys who don't ever sign are basically the games way of having non-qualifiers.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I am fine with that.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I think I read somewhere that guys who don't ever sign are basically the games way of having non-qualifiers.

Yeah certain guys show up with DNQ where their offer status is.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #14
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I've gotten the impression from others that they just probably won't sign, but i'm really not sure how it works at this stage.

There are players that will never sign and show up as DNQ. More frequently though I notice that there are players throughout the year whose interests absolutely do not budge. Then in Week 5 one of the BCS schools will offer them a scholarship and they will end up commiting to them. I always figured this was the game's way of trying to overcome it's shortcomings in recruiting logic by having players that the CPU could always sign at the last minute to round out their class.

Last edited by Ironhead : 03-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I finished my recruiting for week five, so no biggie this year. Although I did have a 3 star OLB that I really want who just turned green for me and moved up to my number 1 slot. I also have a 1 star FB that I would like.

Those are not exciting players as they are rated, but they are important to me and I wanted to leverage the recruiting pitches on them. Probably won't do much one way or the other.

Maybe the way to go in the future is check at this time of the season and let the guys who need it get their recruiting in and then advance. It looks like from my spot back in the human teams, are getting a little value out of the 5th week.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #16
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Does anyone know if it is even possible to sign a guy in the off season recruiting without an in home visit?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Does anyone know if it is even possible to sign a guy in the off season recruiting without an in home visit?

I was wondering the same thing.

Quote: