Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Get drunk faster

hxxp://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Teens-warned-about-the-dangers-of-pouring-vodka-in-their-eyes-94781259.html

Quote:
Drug prevention advocates are warning Maryland police and schools to caution students against pouring vodka in their eyes as graduation and Beach Week approach.
"Younger teens who are the high school drinkers are the ones who are going to end up trying to do this," said Mike Gimbel, Baltimore County's drug "czar" for 30 years and now president of a substance abuse consulting firm in Maryland. "They are going to go to Ocean City, and some of these idiots are going to do it and make themselves blind."
"Vodka eyeballing" is a fairly new method of alcohol intake thrust into the national spotlight by a London tabloid. Hundreds of YouTube videos document the practice -- and every time, the "eyeballer" screams in pain when alcohol meets the eye, whether by way of a shot glass or straight from the bottle. Doctors warn that the practice can lead to blinding.
Gimbel said he is sending out immediate alerts to state police, schools and parents.
Three 2009 college graduates living in the District of Columbia told The Washington Examiner that eyeballing was a common party stunt. They said they wished to remain anonymous to avoid being associated with the practice.
"Every time, it was a big spectacle where people were like 'what the hell is that kid doing,' " said one graduate, who compared the feeling to getting shampoo in the eye.
Another said he had tried eyeballing a few times.
"It stings for a couple seconds," he said, adding that snorting bourbon is much more popular.
"It feels like a baseball bat hitting you in the back of the head -- for about two to three minutes," he said of inhaling caps full of the American-style whiskey.
Like snorting alcohol, eyeballing "gets you drunker faster on a lot less vodka," said optometrist Stephen Glasser, who has been practicing locally for more than three decades. "When you go through your eye to your sinuses, it is close to straight injection. The alcohol absorbs into the bloodstream right away."
Maryland optometrist Alan Glazier compared eyeballing to an alcohol enema.
"In essence, you could melt the cornea," he said.
Some doctors and college administrators are skeptical that eyeballing is a growing trend.
Gimbel said the reality of the trend is "secondary" to the fact that "when kids start seeing the videos, they are going to try it."
Two years ago, YouTube helped make alcohol inhalation recreational in Britain and, soon after, in the United States.
"It got totally out of control rather quickly, with lots of people ending up in the hospital," Gimbel said."

People need to be cautioned to NOT put vodka in their eyes?

Last edited by illinifan999 : 05-27-2010 at 10:33 PM.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #2
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I don't like it when a hair gets in my eye let alone pour something into it.

Hmm.. wonder if all things are faster by getting stuff in the eye, like say.... pregnancy? Hey hun, got a new plan to try for a second kid...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 05-27-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

I smell a future Darwin award winner.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I don't like it when a hair gets in my eye let alone pour something into it.

Fortunately there is another option. Also not without risk however...

Quote:
(21 May 2004, Texas) Michael was an alcoholic. And not an ordinary alcoholic, but an alcoholic who liked to take his liquor, well, rectally. His wife said he was "addicted to enemas" and often used alcohol in this manner. The result was the same: inebriation.

The machine shop owner couldn't imbibe alcohol by mouth due to a painful throat ailment, so he elected to receive his favourite beverage via enema. And tonight, Michael was in for one hell of a party. Two 1.5 litre bottles of sherry, more than 100 fluid ounces, right up the old address!

When the rest of us have had enough, we either stop drinking or pass out. When Michael had had enough (and subsequently passed out) the alcohol remaining in his rectal cavity continued to be absorbed. The next morning, Michael was dead.

The 58-year-old did a pretty good job of embalming himself. According to toxicology reports, his blood alcohol level was 0.47%.

In order to qualify for a Darwin Award, a person must remove himself from the gene pool via an "astounding misapplication of judgment." Three litres of sherry up the butt can only be described as astounding. Unsurprisingly, his neighbors said they were surprised to learn of the incident.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So, uh. Could someone explain why anyone else would do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by story
Hundreds of YouTube videos document the practice -- and every time, the "eyeballer" screams in pain when alcohol meets the eye, whether by way of a shot glass or straight from the bottle. Doctors warn that the practice can lead to blinding.

I mean, after the first couple run screaming in pain, what makes, say, the 7th guy go "this'll end better for me than those others"?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-27-2010 at 11:37 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
So, uh. Could someone explain why anyone else would do this:

I mean, after the first couple run screaming in pain, what makes, say, the 7th guy go "this'll end better for me than those others"?

SI

He's drunk, and thus, invincible?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #7
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

college kids are dumb and 99/100 times I bet it is some dude trying to impress a girl.

Last edited by Lathum : 05-28-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #8
PilotMan
Head Coach

are you fucking kidding me?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #9
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The Daily Mail had this two weeks ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uick-buzz.html

FWIW, I'm absolutely sure I heard about it before either of these articles. edit to add: I can't remember if it was mentioned on Facebook somewhere or if it was one of those "urgent warning" emails or what.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-28-2010 at 06:50 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And of course, to go along with the enema story, here's the vodka tampon version

http://www.snopes.com/risque/kinky/vodka.asp
Old 05-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #11
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

How fast does someone need to get drunk? Are the first 25 minutes of a party really that boring?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

Heard about this on the Mike O'Meara Show the other day.

My impression is that generally they're a long way to drunk already when they do this. Absolutely asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #13
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Unreal - I've heard of a lot of stupid things, but this is new to me...and oh so painfully stupid.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:08 AM   #14
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No kidding, maybe the amount of time it takes to get drunk is for bragging rights, but everyone's doing it for the attention.

I don't see people pouring vodka into their eye without a crowd looking on.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #15
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Next week on Cops:
Quote:
No sir Officer. I have not been drinking! My buddy here had a few, wasn't feeling good, and blew chunks into my eyes. I swear, Officer, I didn't have a single glash... hiccup

And cue the music: Bad Boys, Bad Boys... Whatcha gonna do...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #16
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Man, I am old. I remember when kids would just inhale Lysol in a rag. These kids.....
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #17
SportsDino
College Prospect

Is it bad that I wish for all of these people to start dying off or going blind? Sorry sir or madame, your college student was a dumbass and died/blinded in this most stupid of fashion. You should have taught your child to use their brain.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #18
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsDino View Post
Is it bad that I wish for all of these people to start dying off or going blind? Sorry sir or madame, your college student was a dumbass and died/blinded in this most stupid of fashion. You should have taught your child to use their brain.

It's a shame that breeding (and by extension natural selection) is opt-out and not opt-in.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #19
molson
General Manager

This makes complete sense to me because it's notoriously difficult to get drunk via vodka the traditional way.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #20
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sports Digs has been doing this since the 60s...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote