Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 542 - Irrigation starts being built in Aedui

We are going to skip these basic structures being built for now.

Apr 1 - The provinces we took from Rome are now cores

Jan 15, 543 - We start a colony in Aquitani

Mar 1 - Civic tech increases

May 16 - Aquitani is now our newest colony, and I order a stockade here to protect it better.

July 1 - We discover Merchant Class

Sept 1 - Religious tech increases

May 1, 544 - Discover Cult of War. We also crush a barbarian horde

July 13 - The Generous Gods event triggered again and we get +1 stability off the event, which gives us the max at +3

Jan 14, 545 - Due to our great relationships, Rome gives us military access.

June 7 - Expansion in Vindelicia and it becomes a province

May 1, 547 - Land Tech increase

July 1, 548 - Construction tech increase

Aug 1 - Naval Tech increase

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:10 AM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 21 - We lose to a barbarian horde of 47000 troops.

Apr 6, 549 - Our main army arrives on the scene and breaks the siege, after mowing through barbarians on the way there.

May 1 - We discover Open Courts

Sept 4 - We crush the huge barbarian army. We set up a colony in Turones. North of Vindelicia, north east of Helvetii

Oct 17 - I DOW Suebi

Jan 26, 550 - We have crushed the Suebi forces and are besieging both of their provinces

Apr 9 - We capture one of their provinces

May 4 - We take the other province.

I can:

Take the one province, and get them ready for a future annexing
Grab as much cash as I want.

I take a ton of cash and tribute.

Aug 5 - We crush a barbarian horde

Feb 1, 551 - Civic Tech increase

Mar 1 - Religious tech increase

Mar 16 - Turones expands and is no longer a colony

Old 07-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Enhh. I think I’m out. It’s obvious that I have basically won the dynasty, including two wars with the big bad.

Let me get a screen cap for you for our final state:

As you can see, I have most of France, northern Italy, and I am starting incursions into Germany. This is less than 1/3 into the campaign, and I’ve not taken any provinces from war for a long time, this is just colonization rounding and fleshing out my territory.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

According to Steam. I spent 23 hours playing this. It was fun! But it’s time to say goodbye.

I think about her issue I had with the game was the lack of enemies. In CK or EU or other games you are surrounded by enemies. You get no break while you build yourself away from people that can kill you. There are other countries that are doing well and willing to kick you forward and backward. There are nations that prevent you from hopping to other places. It also means there is always something happening.

Now, I do like that the missions come with a negative if you fail them. Good stuff there. I like balancing the things.

I also like how, when you gain a technology, you don’t immediately gain the things you get from that tech, but you have to wait until a random time in the future. It makes tech much more unsure and realistic.

I did not like unlimited diplomats and spies. The spies had no cost to their mission - just risk and capture and reward - but there were few espionage opportunities. I would have liked to have seen things like Poisoning the water supply and Diplomatic Misdirections (where you would successfully frame someone for harming another nation, it‘s one of Caesar’s tools to conquering Gaul).

Because of the lack of something like Trade Agreements and Insults, there was not as much of a need for diplomats. You couldn’t insult someone and then DOW them without the penalty for good relations, for example.

Sometimes I could randomly DOW a nation without a Casus Belli but with no disadvantage, and sometimes they were my religion, so I know it can’t have been that. I don’t know what it was, the game did a poor job in documenting it.

I do like spending money for a stability raise, I think that’s cool.

I have a principle I call the Ireland test. I want my strategy map to have realistic provinces, and what does Ireland look like? For example, on one side of ridiculousness is Medieval: Total War where Ireland is just one province. Am I supposed to believe that a small army of 1k or 2k can pacify all of Ireland? That England must have lacked for competent troops to control Ireland at any time?

Take Europa Universalis II. Three are five Irish provinces, which gives you some awesome battling, and a chance to take the island, but again probably a bit on the small side. Crusader Kings does not make this error. It has 10 provinces to wage war over - plenty of real estate for battles, wars, various Irish nation-states, and more. Great stuff. When you have 10 provinces, taking over Ireland is no chump.

EU3 was back to 5, and I felt it was light, but I played it. In Viking Invasion, the MTW expansion, which is focused on just the British Isles and the Vikings, there are still just five Irish provinces, despite the major focus on that part of the world. There are the same number of Irish provinces in a world game than in a British Isles game - that’s pretty crazy.

So I call it the Ireland test. How good are the provinces in your game? In EU: Rome - 4 Irish provinces, which don’t even make much sense, as it would be very difficult to ever colonize them, they appear to exist mostly for sending in barbarian hordes.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #55
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice job, Abe. 23 hours for 5 bucks isn't such a horrible trade either.
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nope!