Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Blazing Glory: A RTTS Dynasty (MLB 09: The Show)

August 4, 2009 -

A few weeks ago, I was being considered for a promotion to our Triple A team and was sure to be named to the Eastern League (AA) All Star Team. Then, I felt the twinge in my arm as I threw that curveball. Suddenly, I found myself on the DL for 15 days and then another 15 days. I couldn't stand being idle so I decided to start this journal which will track my career highs and lows. I'll put down my monthly totals/season totals in here as well as the big moments. It's early August and my team, the Altoona Curve is in 1st place and since I'm coming back from this injury, my manager is using me from the bullpen for the first time in a month. I'm 9-2 with a sub 2.00 ERA coming into this game. Hopefully, this first performance back is as good as my last few where I had a 6 game win streak going.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-10-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 6, 2009 -

I'm starting to wonder if the skipper didn't really mean it when he told me to take as long as I needed to recover from that injury. I don't think he is trying to work me back into the rotation after all. I seem to be relegated to the bullpen after being so successful as a starter. My first apperance back didn't go well as I allowed 3 runs in 3 1/3 innings which raised my ERA to 1.64. Hopefully, this appearance will go better. I'm coming into the game in the 5th with no outs and men on 1st and 2nd.

My heater got me out of trouble as I struck out 2 and popped up the 3rd batter. My pitching coach says I rely on it too much, but when I get it cranking up to 97mph, it is hard not to rely on it. Coach says that my arm will get stronger too since I'm only 18. He also tells me I need to really work on my control of my changeup and curve.

Maybe coach is right, guys smacked my heater around the next inning. I just don't have the movement I had on it before the injury. Hopefully, it comes back to life soon. After giving up 2 runs this inning, it is my last. 2 At least I didn't get the loss and our team came back to win it. Maybe coach is right about the need to develop my other pitches.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 9, 2009 -

Not the most glamorous outing, but I got my 10th win today in my 3rd consecutive relief appearance. This time I pitched 2 2/3 innings allowing 2 runs but my team scored 6 while I was in the game and we won it 9-5. I struck out 2 and walked 1. My ERA has now risen up to 1.94 after being in the 1.4 range pre-injury. I hope I can get my mojo back.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 12, 2009 -

My first loss in months as I pitched my best game yet of the month, but gave up 2 runs in 4 innings from the pen. Portland beat us 2-1 as a result. If Johnny, my catcher, hadn't allowed 2 passed balls, I never would have given up those runs. He is the only guy playing really bad defense on the team and I'm hoping we get a new guy back there soon. I did so much better when I was a starter, I'm going to talk to the skipper and see if he'll move me back into the rotation. He agrees to get me back into the rotation. Hopefully, that will get me back on track.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 18, 2009 -

Starting today against the Harrisburg Senators. They have one of the best power hitters in the league, so I'll have to be careful against Mario. A nice 1-2-3 inning in which I didn't let them hit it out of the infield. Good start, it feels good to be back in my natural role.

A great throw from my right fielder and an excellent tag by Johnny prevents them from scoring in the 2nd. A rough inning, but I got out of it unscathed.

In the 3rd inning, I got my 2nd hit of the year, but my teammates failed to knock me in. After an uneventful 3rd, I give up 2 runs in the 4th on 1 hit to deep right. That ties the game at 2. Embarassingly with 2 outs, I let the pitcher get a hit that gives them the 3-2 lead.

Things starting going well, until Mario burnt me for the 2nd time today with a another 2 run double in the 6th. Not a good start for me today as I only lasted 5 2/3 and gave up 5 runs. Only 3 of them were earned. Still, I get my 4th loss for a 10-4 record now.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-11-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 24, 2009 -

I'm back! My first career complete game and my first career shutout! I didn't get a bunch of strikeouts today with only 2 K's, but I listened to coach and really worked guys with my curve and changeup to just get them off balance. Coach tells me this was the lowest percentage of Fastballs thrown since my 1st 2 starts of the year. I only allowed 5 hits and induced 4 groundball double plays today. I only threw 93 pitches and my arm feels great. Guess we'll see how it feels tomorrow. The Baysox lost the game 7-0. We are now 3 games up.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-12-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 29, 2009 -

Woody Keller pissed me off today. He was calling bullshit behind the plate. He robbed me on too many calls to count. He personally helped get guys on 1st and 3rd with no outs in the 2nd with 2 BS ball calls that allowed 2 men to get on base. I struck out the next 2 batters before a flare off the end of the bat drove in a run. While I was stewing about that, the next hitter got a strong drive into the gap to bring in a 2nd run. I got the next guy to pop up to my 2nd baseman.

He continued to call BS balls in the 3rd, but I didn't let that stop me from striking out 2 more guys. But, then he called some more BS balls and I walked another guy. He isn't giving me any of the corner calls. Still I kept myself under control and got the next guy to ground out. In hte top of the 4th, my teammates got a 3 run homer to give me some breathing room.

My guys got me a bigger lead, 5-2, going into the 6th. I started feeling the burn in my arm during the 6th, but I had an uneventful inning. In the 7th, it was really burning and I knew I didn't have much left but I retired the side in order. A strong 7 innings pitched when my manager called it a day for me. I tied my career high with 7 strike outs, but I also set a new career high with 4 walks. I allowed 2 runs on 5 hits.

The team is now 78-55, 4 games ahead of the Senators.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-12-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 3, 2009 -

Today, I pitched against the Akron Aeros. We had already clinched a playoff birth. They have 2 of the best sluggers in the league. Last game, I got 3 of my strikeouts on changeups and I'm really starting to trust it now.

Started off the game with 4 perfect innings and I could feel my blood starting to really pump. My heart leaped when Honus Foreman, the team's leading HR hitter, hit one that was deep enough but barely wide of the left foul pole. I struck him out on the next pitch with a knee high fastball. 5 perfect innings..

Struck out 2 and popped up the last guy for a perfect 6th. It felt hard to breathe at this point. In the bottom of the 6th, my guys finally got me 2 runs.

First pitch of the 7th, Inoue, my third baseman, with a diving catch to stop a line drive down the line! Struck out the 2nd hitter in the 7th with an inside fastball. Inoue with a solid play to get the 3rd out. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest at this point.

2 routine ground balls to start the inning. 2 outs.. 2 strikes.. 2 balls.. I decided to try to sneak the back door curve in.. and he laced it to left field for a single. So deflating.

Got the next guy to ground out to 2nd.

With a 2-0 lead, the skipper told me to pitch a 1-2-3 9th. I did it with 8 pitches that didn't get hit out of the infield! My teammates mobbed me as this win clinched the division title. It was a disappointing game in one aspect, but still a thrilling result and my best career start even though I only struck out 4.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-12-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The regular season is over. We won the division with a 84-58 record. We'll be playing the Harrisburgh Senators in the 2nd round.

My 13 wins was 2nd in the Eastern League. I didn't pitch enough innings apparently to qualify, but my ERA would have been 1st. The highest qualifier had an ERA of 2.45. Mine was 1.90 in 132 IP. My 2 shutouts were tied for the league lead as was my 2 complete games. My 73 strikeouts were tied for 48th.

My full statline on the year:

1.90 ERA, 13-4 record, 124 hits, 132.1 IP, 73 K, 13 BB, 1 HR allowed (note: I'm playing All-Star level and have power for Human and CPU hitters bumped up a notch along with pitching control down 3 notches and reliever endurance down 3 notches, and pitch consistency down 1 notch), WHIP 1.04, avg vs LHH of .217, vs RHH .268, 28 ER, 38 R, 26 GP.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 10, 2009 -

We were down 2-0 in the series as I took the mound for the 3rd game in the series. In the 3rd inning, Inoue bobbled a double play ball and it cost us a run as we went down 1-0.

Got into trouble in the 5th when I allowed a flare and then a hard hit into the gaps to get men on 2nd and 3rd. Tried to strike the next guy out, but he got good wood on the fastball and drove it to deep left field for the sac fly. Struck out the next batter with my best fastball of the night that hit 97MPH.

Started relying too much on my fastball in the 6th and gave up a leadoff double. Got the next batter to hit a screaming line drive to Brian, our shortstop, and he turned it into a double play.

Skipper pinch hit for me in the 7th. We lost the game 6-0. Such a disapponting first playoff appearance. That loss eliminates us from the playoffs.

I pitched 6 innings, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs, and had 2 strikeouts.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 2009 -

I just finished watching the Yankees win the World Series. They did it behind a MVP season/post season from Mark Teixeira. They beat the Phillies in 5 games. He hit .308 this year with 44 HR's and 152 RBI's. Cliff Lee of the Indians won the Cy Young. I will win that one day. The Pirates were a horrific 51-111, so maybe I'll get called up next year.

Time for the offseason to work on my strength and conditioning. My pitching coach thinks he can get a bit more speed out of my fastball if he makes some minor adjustments to my mechanics. I plan on working hard on improving my other pitches as well.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-12-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 24, 2010 -

I don't know what to make of the news that I'm not being invited to spring training today. The GM sent me a cryptic message that said I shouldn't worry about this, but this seems like a step down from last year. Of course, I wouldn't mind if I'm not in the Pirate's plan, as long as I get to play somewhere else.

April 4, 2010 -

I was worrying for nothing apparently. My agent just called me to tell me that I'm being promoted to the Pirate's AAA affliate as well as being given a raise to 75k a year. They are very impressed with my progress and my agent thinks I could be in the majors by the time I'm 20.

I'm now pitching for the Indianapolis Indians as their #4 starter. Time to get to know my new teammates. The best player on the team is 1st basemen Chad Tracy. He should put up some good numbers for the club this year.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 11, 2010 -

My first start of the year was against the Louisville Bats. My new team has made me change my number to 34. Hopefully, I can get 27 back at some point.

Struck out my 1st guy in AAA with a 97 MPH fastball. A perfect 1st inning and I'm feeling good about myself again.

Walk their cleanup hitter with 4 straight balls, and coach chews me out. Struck out the next 3 batters on fastballs. Getting it up to 97 much more consistently now. First time I've ever struck out 3 batters in an inning.

I get my first hit on a drag bunt that loads the bases with no outs. That leads to us scoring 2 runs in the top of the 3rd.

My heart catches in my throat when I allow a deep hit ball in the 4th, but it is near dead center and Kelvim Cardenas catches up to it at the wall for the 3rd out. I've allowed 1 hit over 4 innings.

I still had only allowed 1 hit over 7 innings and my arm was still feeling good. I found myself hoping I'd be allowed to go for the complete game.

Leadoff hit up the middle to start the 8th that worried me. I had to dig deep now. Struck out the next guy with the changeup after 2 fastballs. Struck out the 3rd guy with a 94 MPH fastball on the outside corner that he missed.

Skipper let me hit with a man on 2nd in the 9th.. love this guy. Got wood on the pitch, but it was a weak fly to the second baseman. Now, I just needed to focus to get my first complete game of the year.

BS ball call on a 3-2 fastball on the corner. It wasn't a good way to start the inning. Then, my curve got away from me and turned into a passed ball. Skipper still let me keep working with the 4-0 lead. Unfortunately, the next pitch was laced into right field for a RBI single. That was it for me. My jubiliation at the strong start turned to anger as Deon Fernandez allowed my runner to score and then 2 more costing me the win. We came back and won it in the 10th, 5-4, but no decision for me.

8 IP, 3 hits, 2 runs, 2 earned run, 6 strikeouts, and 2 balls. Terrible without the win.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-12-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 16, 2010 -

I had a rough 1st inning today against the Toledo Mudhens giving up 3 hits and a run before I struck out the next 2 batters and got the last one to ground out to short.

After the rough start, I was in complete control with just 2 more hits occurring over the next 4 innings and plenty of K's. Too bad, my teammates were being no hit. Skipper thought I threw too many pitches and took me out after I allowed a leadoff in the 6th. Pissed me off. I only had thrown 83 pitches. We lost the game 3-0 as they 2 hit us.

5 innings pitched, 6 hits, 1 R, 1 ER, and 9 strikeouts.

April 22, 2010 -

Tonight I pitched at home vs the Louisville Bats and it was freaking cold. Somewhere around 35 degrees. In the 4th inning, I gave up my first homer in what feels like forever. The wind was blowing out to center at 12 MPH and I left my 1-2 changeup over the middle of the plate for the 2 run homer. Still, I had a 4-2 lead and knew I had to settle down. I got the next 2 batters out, but then gave up another homer on a solo shot to right center.

A 1-2-3 5th was just what I needed to calm my nerves. Allowed a 2 out double in the 6th to the guy who had hit the 2 run homer, but got the next batter to fly out to second.

I was surprised Skipper let me hit in the bottom of the 6th. I knew I needed to go out there and pitch a strong 7th. First up was Nate Spivey who had hit the solo shot against me.

A perfect changeup got him to ground to 2nd and it went right through my second basemen's legs. I get pulled after the error! Horseshit. Fortunately, my bullpen picked me up and we won the game 7-3. I'm now 1-1. 6 IP, 4 hits, 3 R, 1 ER, 2 strikeouts.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 26, 2010 -

Another game vs the Mudhens today. We are on a 2 game losing streak, so I needed to step up big. A rough 2nd inning as the cold was wrecking my control of my pitches. First a 4 pitch walk and then a 0-1 fastball that got away and drilled their guy in the hip. Got the #7 hitter out, but the #8 hitter hit it back up the middle to score a run. I was pissed that I didn't get any calls on that first batter where there were a few clear strikes. Their #9 hitter, laced a good inside fastball to left field to score another run. After that, I calmed down and worked out the inning.

Down 2-0 going into the 3rd, I knew I couldn't allow any more mistakes. After getting the 1st guy out, Michael Barrett, their catcher, drilled a double to left center. I walked the next hitter while nibbling. My catcher failed to handle a fastball in the dirt and suddenly they were on 2nd and 3rd. I was rattled bad. On a 3-0 pitch, my 98 mph fastball got out of hand and drilled their guy in the back to load the bases. It was a blur, but I worked my way out of it only allowing 1 more run. This ump is killing me with his small strikezone.

It was laborious, but I pitched a 1-2-3 4th inning. Things got much better when my team gave me a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the 4th.

The 5th inning, I was screwed again on ball calls, but I got out of a jam without allowing any runs.

I allowed a single to right field in the 6th, but quickly got the ground ball for a double play. It was still 4-3 going into the 7th.

To lead off the 7th, I struck out my 1st batter of the day on a 96 MPH high fastball. I love when I get them to chase the high heat. I allowed the next hitter to single up the middle and Skipper decided to go to the pen. NO! The ben gives up a 2 run homer to the 1st batter. I lose my win and the team loses the game 7-6 in the 9th.

A terrible day for me with 6.1 IP, 8 hits allowed, 4 ER's, 2 BB's, and 1 K. So much for cruising through AAA ball.

May 1, 2010 -

My first start against the Scranton/WB Yankees. They have a big time hitter in Nick Swisher who is batting cleanup for them.

Love my teammates, they got me a 3-0 lead before I ever took the mound. Plunked Ramon Hernandez and had to face Swisher with the man on 1st and 2 outs. He already has 4 homers this year so I wanted to be careful. Got a 97 MPH fastball by him to get him in a 0-1 hole, but he laced a 1-1 pitch into right field. Worked my way out of the jam with a groundball to 1st.

Leadoff batter in the 2nd hit one further than I've ever been hit, 462 feet. I thought I'd keep guys in the park as well as I did last year. Struck out the next guy and quickly retired the side. Felt good to maintain my composure there.

Ramon with a single to left field with 2 outs in the 3rd. Time to face Swisher with a man on again. Wow. The andrenaline is pumping and my fastball just hit 99 MPH. Got him in an 0-2 hole, but he worked it to 2-2. Then, I tried to blow him away with the slightly high heat but he caught up to it and pulled it down the right field line for a 2 run homer. Another rough night. Got the next guy out to try to calm myself down.

No one but myself to be mad at for what happened in the 4th. I struck out 2 guys before losing focus and allowing a single, a stolen base, and then a hit to left field to score the run.

My team picked me right back up and got me a 6-4 lead going into the bottom of the 5th. A 1-2-3 5th although Swisher gave me a scare with a deep hit to right that was barely foul.

A leadoff double that was almost a homer followed a by a single by Raul Medina and my night was done. My worst performance of my career. I just hoped that my teammates could hold on and get me the win as I went and hit the shower. I later found out they crushed our pen and we lost 12-8. 5 IP, 7 hits allowed, 6 ER. 2 BB's and 3 K's. I need to do much better if I'm going to have any shot of a callup any time soon.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 6, 2010 -

Time to face the Yankees again. Hopefully, I can do better today.

The first 3 innings went well, but I allowed men on 1st and 3rd with no outs in the 4th and Nick Swisher coming to bat. I couldn't afford to pitch around him like I did in the 2nd. Got him to ground out but we couldn't turn 2. 1-0 with 1 out. Got the next batter to hit into a double play. A solid job getting out of trouble and I was feeling good.

Still down 1-0 as I started pitching in the 7th. A leadoff double off the top of the left field wall had me wandering if I was done but I was given a chance to work out of another jam as I had done all game long. I struck out the next batter on 3 straight pitches. Got the next to ground out to 2nd (moving the runner to 3rd), and the last guy hit a fly to deep center.

Still no runs by my team as I took the mound to start the 8th. A lead off line drive by their 8th hitter was the end of my night. A solid 7 innings but I'm mad that I didn't get the win.

7 IP, 8 hits, 1 run, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO, and the loss drops my record to 1-2.

May 12, 2010 -

Today we go against the Buffalo Bisons who are 9-24. We are 19-14. Hopefully, this will be an easy win for us.

A disaster of a 5th inning. Benito, the RF, dived and missed a line drive that turned into a triple, but I thought it would be no problem with 2 outs and the pitcher up. I got 2 quick strikes with fastballs and almost had him chase a curve. Then, I tried to blow him away with inside heat on a 1-2 pitch and he managed to get a broken bat bloop to right field for a single that drove in the run. Down 1-0.

In the bottom of the 6th, we tied it at 1.

I struck out the last batter of the 7th with a 94 MPH high heater.

Then, I came up to bat with 0 outs and men on 1st and 2nd. After missing 2 bunt attempts, I decided to try it with 2 strikes anyway and fouled it off for the strikeout. Unfortunately, that killed the inning and we never got any runs. Still tied at 1 going into the 8th.

A 1-2-3 8th in which I struck out 1 and got the other 2 on deep flies. That was it for me as my arm was shot. We won it 2-1 in the 11th. If I just could have gotten that sac bunt down, we might have won it when I was still in the game.

8 IP, 6 hits, 1 run, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K's. My ERA is now 3.18.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #17
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm reading...
Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #18
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
I'm reading...

+1. This got me in the mood to start a RTTS dynasty, myself. Keep it up, EF27.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 17, 2010 -

Today I'm going to start against the Norfolk Tides. They have 2 very good hitters at the top of the order in RF Jamey Medley ad CF Hyman Rasner.

Medley started off the game by drawing a 8 pitch walk then Hyman hit a liner back up the middle to get me into an early jam. The next guy hit a comeback right at me. I got my glove up but was slow making the throw to 2nd, so we only got 1. I struck out the clean up hitter with some low heat. However, the next batter flared a 1-1 inside fastball towards left field for a RBI. A good changeup got the next guy to hit a weak ground ball to 3rd.

A 1-2-3 2nd in which I struck out the last guy.

Chad Tracy with a solo homer to tie it at 1 going into the bottom of the 3rd as Medley led off the inning. He laced the first pitch into right field for a single. I let out a deep breath after Hyman hit it to the left field wall, but it stayed just inside the park for the fly out. Great throw by my catcher to get Medley on a steal attempt. That was his first throw out all year while I was pitching. I then struck out the batter to end the inning in style.

A lead off double to start the 4th, but my catcher threw out the attempt to steal 3rd. I got Medley to pop up on a broken bat fly towards 1st during the end of the 5th.

In the top of the 6th, my teammates got me the 2-1 lead. Just gotta hold it now. I was robbed on a perfect 1st pitch. I don't know how he could have called that a ball. Next pitch is lined into right by Hyman. No! Hong-Chih, our shortstop, bobbled a sure double play ball. Men on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Got the next guy to hit a deep fly to right field that advances the man on 2nd to 3rd. 1st pitch, I got him to ground to 1st for a 3-6-1 double play!

Skipper wants me to go work the 7th. My arm is starting to really ache. First pitch is hit down the 3rd base line for a single. Skipper is replacing me. Come on T.J., hold onto this lead. YES! Win #2 for me as the guys keep the 2-1 score as a final.

6 IP, 8 hits, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K's.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 22, 2010 -

The Pirates just traded away one of their bullpen pitchers for a LF. There is talk that they may call one of us up soon. It won't be me today. I'm about to start against the Charlotte Knights. I need to watch out for Gregory, their RF, he is a big homerun threat batting 2nd today.

In the 1st inning, I struck Gregory out looking with a low inside fastball. A very generous strike zone today. 1-2-3 1st.

In the 4th, I get a 2-0 lead thanks to a 2 run homer by Chad Tracy.

2 scares in the 4th as consecutive foul ball miss being homers by inches, but a 1-2-3 4th. I've only allowed 1 hit so far.

A leadoff double to deep left center to start the 5th. I just left that fastball too high and over the middle of the plate. Struck out the next batter with a nasty 99 MPH fastball on the outer edge of the plate. A ground out advance the runner to 3rd. SS just misses a play he should have made and it turns into a RBI to left. Got the next guy to ground out to 3rd. Still have a 2-1 lead after 5.

A 1-2-3 6th. Going into the 7th, my lead is expanded to 5-1. Good job, guys.

Broken bat weak hit towards 3rd, I run over and there bobble the catch allowing him to get on 1st. A single to right. My arm still feels good, but this is a bad start to the inning. Struck the next guy out on 3 straight pitches including the last one, a 95 MPH fastball that was outside but he chased it. Next pitch induces a nice easy groundball to 3rd, but Hemphill bobbles it! Bases loaded with 1 out now. I get their ninth hitter down 0-2.. then he hit it into center field. Not too deep. Kelvim catches it and throws home but it is just too late. 5-2 with 2 outs and men on 1st and 2nd. I get the next guy to fly out to left field with a changeup.

Up 6-2, as I start the 8th. Gregory hits it deep to left center and it bounces off the wall for a double. Sheesh. Lott, their DH and #3 hitter, manages to foul off 8 straight pitches before I leave a 3-2 fastball too far over the plate and he hits it to deep right center for a triple. I'm out of gas. I take a seat homing T.J. can get the next guy out. He doesn't, but he got the guy after that out. We added 4 more runs in the 9th as I got my 3rd win of the year.

7 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO. My ERA is now 3.24.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 27, 2010 -

This should be a very tough game against the Durham Bulls. Their most dangerous hitter is LF Seth Smith. He is hitting just over .300 with 4 homeruns. Gabe Kapler is also very good.

Bottom of the 4th, we finally got a run on the board. I've only allowed 2 hits through 4 innings.

SOB! After allowing a weak liner to right to the lead off hitter, I used a changeup to get a perfect double play to 2nd, but Ellsworth let it roll right between his legs. Men on 1st and 3rd with no outs. A deep fly ball scores the run. Tied at 1. Worked my way out of the inning with 2 groundballs.

1-2-3 7th. Skipper thought my arm was done and pulled me after that inning as I had thrown 91 pitches. Fortunately, the guys got me the lead the next half of the inning and I got the win! 2-1 win for the team.

7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K's.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2010 -

Today I'm starting against the Gwinnett Braves. Their CF Lozano and 1B Currie are both dangerous hitters. Lozano is hitting just under 300 with 14 HR's. Currie is hitting .261 with 10 HR's. They are batting 3rd and 4th respectively.

Max Stafford was behind the plate today.

Got into trouble in the 3rd inning when I gave up back to back 1 out singles, the 2nd one to Lozano. It got bad when I threw a nasty outside fastball that Currie managed to drive to the gap in deep right center for a 2 run triple. I got the next guy out, but then Hemphill, hands of stone, misplayed a line drive at him and it bounced off his glove into left field to drive in the run. I started losing my composure at that point and gave up another double right up the middle. Finally got a pop up to shallow right field that Chad ranged back and got.

Fuck! Ellsworth, the 2nd basemen, misplayed a routine grounder from the pitcher with 1 out in the 4th. Followed that up with a 2 out line drive down the left field line that drove in the run all the way from 1st. I just lost it today. Got out of the inning when I popped up Lozano. Skipper pulled me after 4 innings. My worst outing of the year.

4 IP, 9 hits, 4 ER (which I disagree with), 1 K. That raises my ERA to 3.38 and my record drops to 4-3 after a 3 game winning streak.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 6, 2010 -

We dropped the next 3 games to the Braves as well. We are now 33-24 and 1.5 games behind the Clippers. Today, I'm starting against the Durham Bulls again. Hopefuly, I can get a result like my last start against them.

Wally Hughes was behind the plate today.

A 1-2-3 1st and the team got me a run in the top of the 2nd.

Got 3 more runs in the top of the 4th. I'm in control with a 4-0 lead.

They got me 1 more run the next inning.

A rough start to the 5th inning as I allowed a single up the middle to the 1st batter and then drilled the 2nd batter in the back. Struck out the next batter and then got the number 8 hitter to ground to 2nd for the inning ending double play.

7-0 lead for me as I took the mound in the 6th. I worked out of early trouble and struck out the last 2 batters of the inning. I'm getting better movement on my fastball since coach made some minor adjustments to my grip.

8-0 lead as I took the mound in the 7th. Got the 1st guy to fly out deep to center, but a single to center ended my night. Javier Franco came in to finish the game.

6.2 IP, 5 hits, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, and 4 K's. We won the game 10-5. My record rises to 5-3.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 12, 2010 -

Today I'm starting against the Pawtucket Red Sox. They are 38-24. We are 35-27. They have decent power hitters scattered throughout the lineup. The best overall hitter is their catcher Josh Bard who is batting .330 with 5 homers.

Mike Marquez was behind the plate tonight.

Got a 1-0 lead going into the 2nd.

I was coasting into the 5th thanks to a generous strike zone, but got into trouble with men on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 5th. Got the next batter to fly out to center advancing a runner to 3rd. Fastball got away from me and hit their guy with a 96 MPH fastball on the hip. I felt bad about that one. With bases loaded, I had their relatively weak hitting shortstop up. Got him to chop it weakly in front of the plate and the catcher threw him out.

I'm feeling good after 6 shutout innings. Tracy has knocked in the only run so far today.

Bard lead off the inning and I get him to weakly ground to 1st with a 1st pitch changeup. I used my changeup today more than I have in any other game this year.

1-2-3 7th, all groundball outs.

In the 8th, with 1 out, Rocco Baldelli pinch hits and drives it into the left field for a single. That is the end of my night. I walk off in disgust hoping T.J. (Beam) will hold the lead for me. T.J. gets the job done and we get a 2-0 win!

I'm now 6-3. 7.1 IP, 5 H, 1 K.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 13, 2010 -

Skipper just told me that there is a lot of chatter now about calling me up to the Pirates! They just want me to get a bit more seasoning.

June 17, 2010 -

Today I'm pitching against the Rochester Red Wings. They have a bunch of guys who are hitting very well including RF Delarosa, 3B Buscher, 2B Bonifacio, and C Stafford.

My team gave me a 1-0 lead before I even took the mound.

Raleigh McClure is behind the plate today.

Delarosa with a 2 out hit to right field in the 2nd inning. Struck out Stafford to end the inning. I was working for strikeouts today and I thought I was on pace to break my career high early.

2-0 lead to start the 3rd.

Amezaga worked me for a 10 pitch at bat before doubling to left with 2 outs in the 4th. The next batter doubled my first pitch to left to make it 2-1. Delarosa took a 0-1 fastball that was down low to left field for another RBI. Tied at 2. Lost control of my curve and hit Stafford to put men on 1st and 2nd. Got the next batter to fly out to left to end the inning.

Love my teammates as they scored 2 more runs in the top of the 5th to give me the lead back.

After a few strikeouts early, none in the 3rd through 5th innings, but I did have a 1-2-3 5th.

5-2 lead as I took the mound in the 6th.

1-2-3 6th thanks to 2 very good plays by Ellsworth, my 2B.

To leadoff the 7th, Delarosa hits a 1-2 fastball to left field for a double. He has 3 hits off me tonight. Stafford with a single to right and I leave the game with men on 1st and 3rd. I walk off hoping that T.J. will hold the lead again. He has done well lately. T.J did it! We win the game 5-2. I have my 7th win.

6 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 K's (all in the first 2 innings), 1 BB.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 22, 2010 -

We are 41-30 and 1/2 game in the division lead. Today we face the Red Sox again. Rocco Baldelli is starting in center and batting cleanup for them today.

Porter Callahan is behind the plate today.

My team got me 2 runs in the 2 top of the 2nd.

Men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out in the 2nd. Popped up their #8 hitter on 1 pitch. I caught the high fly to the mound. Got the #9 hitter to ground out to short.

Chad Tracy with a 3 run homer in the 3rd!

Bad curve to start the inning is drilled into right field for a double. Ground to me and a strikeout had 2 outs with the man still on 2nd when Rocco came up. He hit my heater hard but to dead center for the fly out.

7-0 lead as I took the mound in the 4th.

The ump is giving me the high strike.

In the 5th, I had 2 outs and men on 1st and 3rd as Rocco came to bat. I challenged him with the big lead and he laced an inside fastball to left field for a single. Josh Bard with a single to center to drive in another run. My arm felt good, but I was getting hit hard right. A ground ball down the 3rd base line drove in another run. I needed to get one more out to make sure I got the win.. Got the next guy to ground out to 3rd. 7-3 lead through 5.

My fastball was wild to the first batter, but I got him to ground to short on a 3-1 pitch over the middle of the plate. That calmed down and I worked a 1-2-3 6th.

Struck out the leadoff hitter in the 7th, but the 2nd batter hit it past my shortstop. Rocco up with 1 on and 1 out. He lined a 1-1 fastball into deep left field for a RBI double. That was it for me. I silently screamed as Chris Bootcheck came into to relieve me. He had been horrible in some of his appearances this year. Sure enough, he didn't pitch well, but we held on for a 8-7 win and I got win #8.

6.1 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 3 K's, 2 Hit batters.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 27, 2010 -

Today I'm starting against the Louisville Bats. This is their worst pitcher starting against me today.

I take the mound in the bottom of the 1st with a 1-0 lead.

In the 2nd, I bunted perfectly to move a runner to 3rd who was eventually knocked in to give me a 2-0 lead.

In the 2nd, Nate Spivey with a 2 out triple. I got Jose Molina to ground right back to me and threw it to 1st for the out.

In the 3rd, I sacrifice again as we have a 3 run 3rd. Up 5-0 now.

In the 5th, I get screwed on multiple ball calls that lead to a leadoff walk and the next batter getting a single. After a fly out to left, I threw a curve that gets away and allows the runner to advance to 2nd and 3rd. A ground ball to short allows the run to score, but we get the 2nd out. Get the last batter to ground out to 2nd.

The top of the order gets me another run. 6-1 as I tke the mound in the 6th. A nice calm 6th and 7th innings.

Skipper lets me hit in the 8th and I get one in the gap between short and 3rd for a single. I ended up scoring to make it 7-1.

To end the 8th, I strike out their #3 hitter with a 3-2 changeup!

My arm was feeling like jelly in the 8th, so no complete game for me. We win the game 7-1 and I get my 9th win.

8 IP, 7 K, 1 ER, 2 K, 2 BB.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-16-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 2, 2010 -

Today I'm starting against the Toledo Mudhens.

Before I even take the mound, my team got me a 2 run lead.

Dallas Hodges behind the plate today.

In the 2nd, I let Barrett get a leadoff single and then hang a curve to Zapata who hits a double. Men on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. Time to get some strikeouts..

I struck out the 1st guy, but the 2nd batter hit a fly to shallow right that was just deep enough to have the runner beat the throw. YES! My changeup gets away from the catcher, but he recovers quickly enough with me covering home to scare the runner and get him in a run down to end the inning.

My team gets me a 4-1 lead going into the bottom of the 5th.

In the 6th inning, I struck out the side in order for the first time in my career! I really mixed up my fastball and changeup well that inning.

My team got me a 7-1 lead going into the bottom of the 7th.

Allowed a 2 out rally with 2 singles and then an RBI single to make it 7-2. A changeup got away from the catcher and they scored on the passed ball. 7-3. Finally got the next batter to ground out. That ends my night. We win 7-4 and I get my 10th win of the year.

7 IP, 6 HR, 3 ER, 4 K, 0 BB.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 7, 2010 -

We are now 52-34. Today, we play our top rivals, the Columbus Clippers who are 51-35 and battling us for the division lead. They have 2 true sluggers in SS Andy Cannizaro and 1B Delmon Chance. They have 20 and 22 homers respectively.

Mike Marquez is behind the plate today, calling the balls/strikes.

2 very good defensive plays behind me to start the game. In the 1st inning, I throw the slider that I've been working on for the first time in a game. It is too far outside and is a ball. That sets up a high inside fastball that just catches the corner for strike 3.

Struck out the last batter in the 2nd with a low outside slider! Used the slider to set up the high inside fastball to strike out another guy in the 3rd. The 9th hitter ruined my perfect game with a single between 1st and 2nd.

4 scoreless innings. Struck out the last hitter in the 5th with a 99 MPH fastball low in the zone.

In the 6th, "Dak", our starting shortstopm goes down with a hamstring injury trying to make a play in the field and Hong has to come into the game I need to strike guys out more now..

I don't get a fastball that was clearly over the edge of the plate called a strike. Next play, they ground to short and Hong boots the play ruining the double play and getting no outs. 1 out with men on 1st and 2nd and their best power hitter at the plate.. I feel my heart thumping against my chest. Chance with a deep fly to center. That is 2 away. Cannizaro is up now and I'm going to be careful with the open base.. A 3-1 fastball gets a little too high.. he hits it to Hong.. who throws it away. I feel like strangling him. A fly out to left ends the inning. Down 1-0 now.

Skipper decides my arm has had enough and takes me out after 6!?! Sheesh, I had another inning in me. We lose the game 2-0 and my record drops to 10-4.

6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 4 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 9, 2010 -

The Pirates traded RP John Grabow to the Phillies for LF Buddy Theriot. I wonder if they are making room to move me up soon?

July 10, 2010 -

As expected, I've been chosen to represent the International League in the AAA All-Star Game!

July 14, 2010 -

I didn't get into the All-Star game. I'm annoyed, but at least I was selected and my arm is good to go for my next start.

July 16, 2010 -

Today we play the Syracuse Chiefs. They have a very dangerous hitter in Richie Sexson. He has 21 homers on the year.

My team gets me a 1-0 lead before I even take the mound.

I was thrilled as I struck out the side to start the game including a 3 pitch strikeout to Sexson.

Struck out the cleanup hitter with a back door slider that he swung and missed. On the 5th batter, I feel something in my wrist just give. Excruciating pain. My best start in terms of strikeouts is ruined as I have to leave the game.

1.1 IP, 4 K's. We win the game 8-0 and only allow 3 hits.

Now, I'm sitting here waiting to get to the test results.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 17, 2010 -

Good news! It is just a mild sprain. They think I can pitch through it. I guess fear just magnified the pain.

July 21, 2010 -

I'm starting today against the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs. Andy Tracy is their most dangerous hitter with 17 HR's and 66 RBI's.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 21, 2010 -

Struck out the 1st batter of the 2nd with a high inside changeup. Sheesh, Hong has 2 errors already as he lets a routine groundball go between his legs. Struck out Adam Eaton, their pitcher, with an outside slider.

In the 4th, I allowed guys to get on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Got a groundball double play, 6-4-3.

Got out of a trouble in the 5th by striking out their number 8 hitter with a man on 2nd and 2 outs.

In the bottom of the 5th, my sac bunt got our #8 hitter to 3rd and he eventually scored to give us a 1-0 lead.

In the 6th, my slider hangs and is hit for a double. Then, they hit a flare to shallow center that Cardenas dives and misses allowing that to turn into a RBI single to tie it at 1. Next play, I get a ground ball to short that turns into a double play.

Great bottom of the 6th, gets me a 3-1 lead.

Rhett Shannon was starting at third for us today and he has been good all day long, but this time after making a great diving stop he throws it away and they get a leadoff hitter on 2nd as a result. I almost got out of trouble with a popup to me, a ground to short, but with 2 outs, a 1-1 fastball was flared into right field for a RBI single. Skipper pulled me after that. Disappointing. At least, it was T.J. that was coming into the game.

T.J. got the job done and we won the game 10-4. My record is now 11-4.

6.2 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 3 K's, and 1 BB.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 25, 2010 -

It's finally happened! I've been called up by the Pirates! I didn't think it would happen so soon, even though the Pirates have been bad and there was some speculation about it. I need to get my stuff packed quickly, they expect me to be ready to pitch tonight!

I get my bags packed and quickly get on the flight. John Russell calls me into his office right away and tells me that I'm there because Phil Dumatrait suffered a fracured forearm and is out for the rest of the season. He says he will give me opportunities to prove that I belong here and that I should be ready to be used in a variety of roles.

The club is currently 33-67.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 29, 2010 -

It's been decided that I will start tonight! We are hosting the Rockies. They are 62-39. We are now 36-68. Todd Helton and Garrett Atkins are their most dangerous hitters, but honestly I'm feeling nervous about facing all of these guys. At least, I should have a real defense behind me.

I almost throw up as my 1st pitch is hit to the left wall by Scott Podsednik but Brandon Moss catches it and I've got my 1st major league out.

Charlie Sawyer screws me over on a fastball that was clearly strike 1 to Todd Helton. A 3-2 fastball that was just inside is called ball 4.

Sawyer screws me over again with a ball 1 call to Garrett. Atkins flies out to center on a curve ball inside.

Next up is Brad Hawpe who is batting .320 with 22 homers. Got him to ground out to 1st on an inside 2-2 fastball. No hits through the 1st.

Starting the 2nd facing Troy Tulowitzki. He is batting .325 with 10 homers. Breathing a bit easier, as Phillips, my first baseman, battled in Vazquez, the third baseman, to give me a 1-0 lead.

A 3-2 low fastball is hit weakly to center for the first out. Finally, a weaker hitter, Carlos Gonzalez is batting under .200. He grounds a 1-2 fastball weakly to 1st. Clint Barmes is up next. He is hitting .244 with 8 homers. He hit a weak liner to right that I thought was going to drop, but Kearns got there for the catch.

1 out in the bottom of the 2nd as I step up for my 1st major league at bat against Ubaldo Jimenez. I ground a 1-1 fastball weakly to the pitcher for the out.

Start the 3rd, facing their catcher, Yorvit Torrealba, who is batting .279.

Wow. A great diving catch and then recovery and throw by Jason Wood at 2B. Terrific catch by Moss in foul territory to get me the 2nd out of the inning. Podsednik gets a 2 out single to right field which is my first major league hit allowed. Great throw by Ryan Doumit catches him trying to steal 2nd.

I get Helton to ground out to 2nd to start the 4th. Garrett grounds out to 1st. Hawpe gets a 1-1 fastball and drives it to deep right center and off the wall. 2 out double with Troy up to bat.

A leaping catch by Andy Phillips at 1B to prevent what surely would have been an RBI double down the line.

I have the 1-0 lead going into the 5th. Carlos back up to bat. He grounds an outside slider weakly to 3rd. Clint fouls off a bunch of pitches before hitting a 3-2 fastball right back at me. I caught it and threw him out. My first major league strikeout! I get Torrealba with a 2-2 inside fastball that he swings and misses to end the 5th.

1-0 lead going into the 6th and Jimenez is remaining in the game and batting. Got a little extra juice going with a 99 MPH fastball to get strike 1. He grounded the next fastball to short where the play was made. Time to face Podsednik again. 1st pitch was grounded to 1st. I covered for the throw. Helton laced a liner that was just missed by Wood who dove for it. I leave my 0-0 changeup to Garrett much too high and he drills it to right field to move Helton to 3rd. I decided to be very careful to Hawpe with men on 1st and 3rd and 2 outs..

96 MPH fastball on the inside corner to get strike 1. Ball 1 with an outside fastball. Changeup is grounded to 1st! 6 shutout innings!!

Going into the top of the 7th, I now have a 2-0 lead as Austin Kearns knocked in Doumit. Got Troy to strike out swinging on a high 2-2 fastball! Carlos with a weak fly to left of a 0-1 changeup. Sigh. Barmes, caught all of a hanging curve to drive it over the left field wall. 2-1. Torrealba drew a walk after being down 0-2 early in the count and that was it as Russell pulled me.

I watch nervously from the dugout as Burnette gets the next batter out, but Capps blows the save in the 9th. No win for me. NO! Bootcheck who also was called up gets the win in the 10th with 1 IP. I can't stand that guy. At least I didn't get the loss and I had an impressive debut.

6.2 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO. 1.35 ERA.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-16-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:14 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 9, 2010 -

It looks like they are just using me for spot starts despite my strong 1st showng. However, I'm finally starting again. This game is also at home vs the Cubs. They are 64-47.

A look at their lineup:

SS Ryan Theriot - Batting .257
RF Milton Bradley - .308 avg 21 homers
3B Aramis Ramirez - .285 with 34 homers (gulp)
LF Alfonso Soriano - .298 wit 30 homers
1B Derrick Lee - .303 with 17 homers
2B Aaron Miles - Limited action this year, hitting .333
C Mike Redmond - .284
CF Kosuke Fukudome - .287 with 7 homers
P Carlos Zambrano

Wally Hughes is behind the plate.

1st batter laces a liner right to my 3rd baseman. Milton pops up to me. Aramis with a line drive up the middle just over my head. Alfonso with a line drive to left field for a single. Men on 1st and 2nd as I start hyperventilating just a bit. Lee pops up to shallow right and Freddie Sanchez ranges back and catches it over the shoulder.

Sanchez drives in Wilson for our 1st run in the bottom of the 1st.

Struck out Miles with a nice curve. Redmond flies out to left. Shit! Fukodome hits it to deep left center, McLouth who is usually great in center dives, misses it, and it becomes an inside the park home run! I get Zambrano to hit a weak grounder to 1st.

My first at bat is with a man on 1st and 0 outs. I can't get either of the first 2 bunt attempts down against Zambrano's nasty stuff. I swing at a 1-2 fastball and ground it to 2nd for a double play. Russell is not happy with me. Despite my gaff, we put together a 2 out rally and score 3 runs. 4-1 as I take the mound in the top of the 3rd.

My first pitch gets away and I drill Theriot in the back. Bradley crushes the ball and McClouth catches it at the wall in deep center. Oh my, another fastball gets away and drills Aramis in the back. I get Soriano to ground to 3rd for a double play with a nice low slider.

Got Miles to strike out on a curve again! 1-2-3 4th. I panicked as I had to go take the batter's box. I wondered if Zambrano was going to plunk me. He brushed me back with the first pitch, but then just threw nasty stuff over the plate. He popped me up to shallow center.

5-1 lead as I took the mound in the 5th. Fukudome worked from a 0-2 count to a walk. They took out Zambrano for Melvin Mora to pinch hit. Got him with a nice changeup to ground to 3rd for a double play.

Got through 5 feeling good.

Got Aramis to strike out on 3 straight plays including an outside slider! Men on 1st and 2ndafter Soriano lined to left. Got a double play ball to get out of the 6th.

8-1 lead as I started the 7th inning. Miles with a line drive of a changeup up the middle to start the inning. That ends my nght. Russell is going to Thaddeus Waite. The crowd gave me a nice round of applause as I left the game. I felt secure that I had gotten my first major league win and I was right as we won 8-5.

Matt Capps with his 24th save of the year. I'm now 1-0 in the Majors.

6 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 K's, 1 BB, 2 HBP.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 15, 2010 -

Apparently, the organization was impressed with my last effort. For now, I'm getting more regular starts. Tonight, I'm starting at home vs the Dodgers. They are 66-52. We are 43-75. Chad Tracy has been called up and is starting at 1B tonight.

Their lineup:

SS Rafael Furcal - .294 with 16 homers
1B James Loney - .261 with 15 homers
CF Matt Kemp - .290 with 18 homers
3B Jose Bautista - .290 with 5 homers in part time duty
RF Andre Ethier - .301 with 7 homers
C Russell Martin - .306 with 6 homers
LF Gabe Gross - .251 with 7 homers
2B Delwyn Young - .253 with 2 homers
P Luke Stout

Ed Coleman behind the plate today.

Struck Kemp out with a high fastbal on a 3-2 count to end the 1st.

McClouth with a diving catch to prevent a sure triple in the 2nd. 1-2-3 2nd with the last batter flying out to center.

We get 1 run in the bottom of the 2nd despite me grounding out to end the inning.

I've been perfect through 3.

Got a 2-0 lead as I take the mound in the 4th. Furcal leads off the 4th with a single up the middle. Furcal steals 2nd and then Loney knocks him in with a line drive to left-center. Struck out Kemp with an inside fastball to start working out of this inning. Struck out Bautista with an inside low fastball on 2-2 that he just missed. Ethier fights off a pitch and flares it out to right which gets me a visit from the pitching coach, Stynes. Got to get Russell Martin.. he grounds a 1-0 changeup to third for the out.

Gross hits a 3-1 fastball over the center field wall. Sigh. I just left it up too much. Tied at 2. A 1-1 fastball gets away from me and hits Young around the knees. After the pitcher lays down a sac bunt, I strike Furcal out on 3 fastballs. SOB, Loney with a line drive to left-center for a RBI single. Down 3-2. Struck out Kemp for the 3rd time today, this time with an outside slider.

YES! McLouth with 2 RBI's and suddenly I have a 5-3 lead after a big inning by my teammates.

Wilson with an error at short and that allows the 1st batter to reach base to start the 6th. Need to strike out Ethier. Better yet, with a 1-0 changeup, he grounds it to 3rd for a double play. Bottom of the 6th, I ground into a double play but a run is scored on the play.

Up 6-3 as I take the mound in the 7th. Gross hits me hard again, this time a 2-0 fastball that he drives into deep right but Kearns keeps it a single. That is all Russell is going to let me do. I leave hoping that they can hold my lead.

We get the win 6-4. Capps gets his 27th save and I get my 2nd win. 2-0.

6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 5 K's, 0 BB's.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 20, 2010 -

My first road start. The crowd here in Los Angeles greets me with a chorus of loud boos. Ethier is leading off this game. He pops up to 3rd.

Chuck Price behind the plate tonight.

Russell Martin batting 2nd. He grounds an 0-2 slider weakly to 2nd. Kemp batting 3rd, flies out to right.

1-0 lead as I start the 2nd. Bautista hits a 1-2 hanging slider back up the middle. Casey Blake is batting 5th. He grounds to 3rd but a bad bounce eliminates any double play chance but we get the batter at 1st. Gross is up next. I feel my heart jump into my throat as he hits it very hard, it is barely off the top of the left field wall. RBI double.

Young is up next. He lines it to center, it is too shallow for McLouth to get. RBI single. The LA crowd is going crazy and I'm feeling the pressure. Brad Ausmus is up now. He hits a little liner to shallow center, but McLouth throws out Young who went for 3rd. Luke Stout, the pitcher, with a linedrive to left that moves the runner to 3rd. Men on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. I have to get this next batter, Ethier..

NO. A good 0-2 fastball is grounded to 3rd but Ramon Vazquez throws it way over Chad Tracy's head. Error allows the run to score and men to advance to 2nd and 3rd. A line drive to second gets me out of the inning.

Kemp with a single to start the 3rd. A high fastball strikes out Bautista swinging. I needed that. I was getting really rattled. Strike Young with a high fastball to end the inning.

McLouth with a solo homer makes it 3-2, we are still down as I start the 4th.

Ausmus starts the 4th with a single to left. They get men on 1st and 2nd at one point, but I work my way out of the trouble with 2 pop-ups and a grounder.

Despite some very questionable ball calls, I have a 1-2-3 5th and 6th innings. Russell decides that is it for me. Disappointing performance tonight as I get my 1st major league loss. We lose the game 3-2.

6 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 26, 2010 -

We are now 48-80. Today, I'm starting at home against the Reds who are 60-66. The Reds Lineup:

CF Willy Taveras - .256 with no homers.
SS Jerry Hairston, JR - .271 with 10 homers
1B Joey Votto - .274 with 19 homers
RF Jay Bruce - .280 with 30 homers
C Mike Jacobs - .208 with 9 homers
2B Brandon Phillips - .267 with 17 homers
3B Emile Main - .283 with 7 homers
LF Jonny Gomes - .245 with 7 homers
P Aaron Harang

Mac Harvey is behind the plate.

The 1st 2 batters go down easily, but Votto absolutely crushes my 1st pitch a high fastball and it sails over the right field wall. 1-0. I recover to get a groundball to get out of the inning.

Struck out Jacobs on 3 straight fastballs.

I've only allowed the 1 hit/homer through 5. Too bad, we only have 1 hit and no runs as I come to bat with a man on 1st and 2 outs. I surprise myself by making good contact and hitting it fairly deep to left but it is a routine fly ball.

The 6th started with a leadoff single that was sac bunted to 2nd, then took 3rd on a ground out to 2nd. Then Hairston, JR hit a liner to right for a single RBI. Down 2-0 with our offense showing no signs of life and Votto up at the plate. He crushes my curveball but it is caught in very deep center field.

Down 2-0 as I took the mound in the 7th. Get the 1st 2 guys easily, but Phillips hits a line drive down the left field line for a double. A weak liner to shallow center by Main drives the run in. Down 3-0 and that is it for me. No chance for a win here today. Bootcheck comes into the game. Hopefully, he won't let that 4th run score. He doesn't, but we lose the game 6-2.

My record drops to 2-2.

6.2 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 1 K, 1 BB, 1 HR.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 1, 2010 -

Today I'm starting at home vs the Astros. They are 59-72. We are 50-83. Their lineup:

2B Kazuo Matsui - .303 with 11 HR's
RF Hunter Pence - .288 with 16 homers
1B Lance Berkman - .305 with 42 homers (will be pitching around him)
LF Carlos Lee - .309 with 20 homers
CF Darin Erstad - .215 with 1 homer
3B Geoff Blum - .254 with 11 homers
SS Aaron Boone - .220 with 3 homers in only 36 games (regular shortstop is hurt)
C H. Quintero - .227 with 0 homers
P Brian Moehler

Wally Hughes behind the plate.

Sheesh. A 0-1 fastball just got away from me and got up in the zone and Berkman CRUSHED it to deep center. 465 feet for the homer. Only hit allowed in the 1st.

In the 2nd, I was still rattled from that homer and the fastball gets away from me and drills Boone in the back. Otherwise, a smooth 2nd inning.

Struck out Matsui swinging on an outside fastball.

Starting the 4th, my pitching coach is telling me to pitch around Berkman. Shit. A 1-1 fastball gets up on me again and he crushes it to center again. This time 425 feet. No other problems in the inning and I struck out Blum with an inside fastball.

My teammates get 2 in the bottom of the 4th on a homerun by Wilson.

Huge bottom of the 5th gets me a 7-2 lead as I come to the plate with 2 outs and a man on 2nd.

With 1 out in the 6th, Berkman comes up to the plate. I'm determined not to let my fastball get away from me. I get him to 1-2 but can't finish him and end up walking him. Carlos Lee with a great job of fouling off pitches until a 2-2 curve gets away and Berkman advances on the passed ball. Ersted ends up knocking him in to make it 7-3. Blum drills my changeup to deep left over Nyjer Morgan's head and it turns into an RBI double. 7-4.

I have to get Boone to end the inning. He pops a changeup to shallow left for the out.

Up 7-4 as I start the 7th. The catcher grounds it between the SS and 3B for a single and that is it for me. Bootcheck comes in, and I start hoping that he doesn't blow another win for me.

He does give up a run, but it's charged to him and we win the game 8-5.

My record is now 3-2. 6 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 K's, and 1 BB.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 2, 2010 -

I check MLB's website to see who is leading in various categories in the National League:

Hits: SS Hanley Ramirez, Florida - 178
HR's: Manny Ramirez, NY Mets - 46
RBI's: Manny Ramirez - 120
SB's: Willy Taveras, Reds - 55

Wins: Adam Wainwright, Cardinals - 16
Saves: Chris Perez, Cardinals - 46
ERA: Dan Haren, Arizona - 2.45 (Lincecum is 2nd at 2.75.)
Shut Outs: Johan Santana, Mets - 3
Strikeouts: Tim Lincecum, SF - 202
Complete Games: Santana - 4
IP: Santana - 188
WHIP: Phil Maholm, Pitt - 1.17
Old 05-17-2009, 09:34 AM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 6, 2010 -

Today I'm starting on the road vs the Astros and hoping my 2nd road start goes much better than the 1st.

Mac Harvey behind the plate today.

My teammates get me a 3-0 lead before I even take the mound.

Mac doesn't call a 1-2 strike on the outside edge to Berkman and then Berkman hits the next pitch to left field or a single.

In the 2nd, Erstad gets a single and then gets knocked out round to 3rd base with 2 outs. J.R. Towles is the catcher today and came up to the plate. Got him to line a 1-2 slider right at Sanchez.

Got Berkman to ground out to 1st to end the 3rd.

With 0 outs and a man on 2nd in the 5th, I popped up a bunt attempt, but we still got 2 runs in the inning. 5-0 as I take the mound in the 5th.

With no outs and a man on 1st, I get my first strikeout of the day against Towles with an inside fastball that he swings and misses. Carlos Lee, the PH, grounds into a double play to end the inning.

To start the 6th, Matsui has a 10 pitch walk. Just couldn't stop him from fouling off pitches. Whew. Berkman hit one all the way to the right center wall but McLouth made a great play on it to get the 2nd out of the inning. The 3rd out is much easier. 6 shut out innings and I'm feeling great.

Feeling good after an easy 7th inning.

With men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out, I strike out Jason Tyner on 3 straight fastballs including a 97 MPH high swinging strike for the out. Now, I have to face Berkman..

He hits a grounder that Sanchez stops, but it made him range too far to his right and he can't get enough on the throw as Berkman beats it out. The run scores. I get Pence to fly out to right to end the inning. I feel ok after 8, the arm is getting a bit tired. Russell decides it was enough and I don't get the complete game.

I do get my 4th win as we win the game 5-1.

8 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 2 K's, 1 BB.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 12, 2010 -

I'm so excited, I'm pitching at home against my hometown team, the Phillies. They are 76-66 and have a fearsome lineup.

SS Rollins - .270, 17 HR's, 30 SB
LF Ibanez - .263, 15 HR
1B Howard - .274, 40 HR's
2B Utley - .317, 31 HR's
CF Victorino - .284, 7 HR's
C Coste - .270, 16 HR's
RF Werth - .292, 24 HR's
3B Feliz - .285, 14 HR's
P Jose Contreras

Doc Bryant behind the plate today.

Ibanez with a grounder just past Chad Tracy at 1st.

Howard grounds weakly back at me, and I try to get the out at 2nd and we end up getting nothing. Kicking myself for that play. However, I feel much better after Utley hits into a 3-6-1 double play.

A 3-2 fastball to Victorino gets away from me and I give up a leadoff walk in the 2nd. Victorino steals 2nd. Coste hits a 1-1 changeup to deep left and it is just over Andy Phillips head for an RBI double. I'm hyperventilating again and know that I need to strike out Werth. Instead, I get him to weakly pop-up a fastball to Sanchez.

SOB. I get a 2 strikes on Feliz who had terrible swings, but a 1-2 fastball is drilled to deep right center and McLouth can't catch up to it. RBI double. Terrible start. Strike out Contrera on 3 pitches for the 2nd out. Struck out Rollins after he fouled off a bunch of pitches.

My teammates pick me up with a 2 run bottom of the 2nd.

After popping up Ibanez, the pitching coach tells me to pitch around Howard. Glad to do it. Get him to hit into our shift perfectly and Wilson, the SS, behind 2nd base gets it and throws him out. 1-2-3 3rd against the heart of their order has me feeling good.

Shit. A 1-2 changeup is drilled to left field by Werth to get men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. I should have blown him away with the high heat. I get Felizto pop up to short for the 2nd out. SOB! I let Contreras hit a 3-1 fastball down the left field line for a 2 RBI single. Rollins flies out to center to end the inning.

My teammates get 1 in the bottom of the 4th, but still down 4-3.

After getting the leadoff hitter out in the 5th, I'm told again to pitch around Howard by Russell. He hits an inside fastball to shallow center where McLouth makes the play.

I get my 1st major league hit to start the bottom of the 5th! A little linedrive to shallow right field. That starts a 3 run inning as Phillips hits a 3 run homer! I score my first major league run! We are up 6-4 as I take the mound in the 6th.

No problems in the 6th inning. They pinch hit for me in the bottom of the 6th and we score 1 more run that inning, but the bullpen blows it over the next 3 innings. Danny Bautista gave up the winning run in the 11th inning as we lose 9-8.

6 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 2 K's, 2 BB.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2010 -

We are 56-92 and today I'm starting at home vs the Cardinals who are 85-62. They have a great power hitting lineup:

RF Skip Schumaker - .314, 17 HR's,
3B Joe Crede - .281, 18
1B Albert Pujols - .302, 38
LF Ryan Ludwick - .306, 38
CF Rick Ankiel - .248, 20
SS Troy Glaus - .307, 25
C Yadier Molina - .259, 11
2B Adam Kennedy - .244, 1 (only has 45 AB's on the year)
P Chris Carpenter

Max Stafford behind the plate tonight.

Despite a man on 1st and only 1 out, I'm told to pitch around Pujols. I get him to hit a very weak fly to 1st on an inside fastball. I get Ludwick to ground to Sanchez. A nice 1st inning.

Adam Kennedy is my first strikeout victim today on a 1-2 inside fastball that he swings and misses. Darn. Kearns misplays a ball to shallow right and I suddenly have men on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs and Pujols coming to the plate.

2 fastballs are fouled off by Albert. He lines a 1-2 slider out to left field and the throw is barely late at the plate. 1-0.

2 straight fastball to Ludwick has him in an 0-2 count.. on the 8th pitch with a 2-2 count, I strike him out swinging on a low outside fastball.

Ugh. First I let Ankiel line it to right and then Glaus hit a 2-0 changeup (that hung on me) over the left field wall. 3-0. Molina with a ground between LaRoche and Wilson for a single and I still don't have any one out in the 4th. Wilson with a spectacular play to get to the ball and then he manages to start the double play. 2 outs with the pitcher up. A grounder to Wilson to end the inning. That play saved me as I was starting to lose my focus.

Darn. Kicking myself after an 0-2 fastball gets away from me and hits Crede in the leg. Definitely didn't want to do that with Albert coming to bat. I walk him on 5 pitches. I felt great after I got Ludwick to ground to short for a double play to get out of the inning.

I felt even better when my team scored 3 in the bottom of the 5th. Tied at 3 thanks to a 2 run double by McLouth.

Wow. In the bottom of the 6th, I draw a 4 pitch walk. Too bad, it didn't lead to any runs. Tied at 3 as I take the mound in the 7th.

A 1-2-3 7th has me feeling thrilled. I feel even better after the team gets a run in the bottom of the 7th.

Russell turns to the pen to start the 8th and Bautista quickly gives up a hit and a homer to wipe out my win chance. SOB. I'm starting to really dislike Bautista. We lose the game 5-4.

7 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 2 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 24, 2010 -

Today I'm starting against Arizona in Arizona. They have a young lineup:

RF Justin Upton - .263, 16 HR
SS Stephen Drew - .286, 18 HR
LF Conor Jackson - .290, 15 HR
1B Mark Reynolds - .251, 18 HR
3B Akinori Iwamura - .298, 2 HR
CF Chris Young - .235, 17 HR
C Miguel Montero - .210, 6 HR (only 53 starts)
2B Augie Ojeda - .194, 1 HR (only 55 starts)
P Doug Davis

Earl Hendricks behind the plate.

1-2-3 1st on only 6 pitches.

Crud. A 0-2 fastball isn't quite far enough inside and Reynolds just barely gets it over the left field wall. 376 feet. 1-0. Reynolds follows that up with a ground rule double that McLouth dived and missed and then a RBI single by Montero. Down 2-0 and I'm starting to panic. Struck Ojeda out with a low 97 MPH fastball.

Early in the 3rd, I come to bat with 2 men on and 0 outs. I successfully get the sacrifice bunt down and that leads to 1 run scoring. Still down 2-1.

98 MPH fastball gets away from me and hits Upton in the back to start the 4th. Upton steals 2nd on a 1-1 pitch. I get Drew to fly out to left on a 1-2 pitch. Conor Jackson hits a 1-0 fastball down the left field line for a RBI single. 3-1. I'm kicking myself as I give up a 2nd homer to Reynolds on a fastball that just isn't inside enough again. 5-1. My worst outing of the year, I think. I'm starting to get worried about being sent back down when Phil gets healthy and my control is getting bad.

The next batter lines it to center. Finally get a ground ball double play to get me out of the inning.

I feel a bit better after a 1-2-3 4th against the bottom of the lineup. Skipper pinch hits for me to start the 5th and my night is done. My shortest outing of the year and definitely my worst. We lose the game 6-1.

4 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 1 K, 0 BB.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-17-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 30, 2010 -

Today I'm starting against the Cubs in Chicago. They have Rich Hill pitching. We are 59-99. I do not want to be the pitcher who gets the club's 100th loss this year.

Terrible start as I walk Theriot and then Miles grounds into the gap where Sanchez was as he was covering for a steal attempt. Perfectly executed run and hit. After getting Aramis to pop up, I lose a fastball inside and it plunks Soriano to load the bases as Derrick Lee steps up to the plate.

A 0-1 slider gets him to ground to short and we get the double play!

Struck out Hill to start the 3rd.

Scoreless through 4 and my arm feels great.

Fukudome with a leadoff double down the left field line. 9 pitch strikeout of Theriot to get the 2nd out with Fukudome still at 2nd. Got Miles to ground out to 1st to end the inning.

Got Aramis to strikeout with a low fastball to start the 6th. However, trouble began after that when I walked Soriano. Lee then hit a single up the middle. Got the next batter, but Mora hit a RBI single to right to score the first run of the game. It became worse when Fukudome hit a liner to left for another RBI. Struck out Rich Hill to end the inning.

Russell pulled me after 6th and the bullpen let it get completely out of hand, but I got the loss. 7-0 loss. I'm now 4-4 as that was certainly my last appearance of the year.

6 IP, 7 HR, 2 ER, 4 K's, 3 BB. Hopefully, I did enough this year to merit not being sent down.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 3, 2010 -

The Pirates finish the year 61-101 and in last place. I reflect back on my stats from the year:

AAA 11-4, 2.74 ERA, 20 GS, 13 Quality Starts, 124.2 IP, 121 H, 42 R, 38 ER, 4 HR, 15 BB, 68 K, 1.09 WHIP, .241 avg vs RH, .274 avg vs LH.

Pirates: 4-4, 4.08 ERA, 11 GS, 8 QS, 68.1 IP, 73 H, 31 R, 31 ER, 9 HR, 13 BB, 26 K, 1.26 WHIP, .245 avg vs RH, .322 avg vs LH.

Now, I just have to hope I can improve enough during the offseason that they won't send me back down to start next year.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 4, 2010 -

I look up the Leaders in the NL in a variety of categories and see the following:

Average: Hanley Ramirez, Florida - .349
Hits: Hanley Ramirez - 216
Doubles: Jose Reyes, Mets - 48
Triples: Jose Reyes - 12
HR: Aramis Ramirez, Cubs - 52 (Manny with 51 and Berkman with 50.)
RBI: Aramis Ramirez - 142
Runs: Hanley Ramirez - 125
SB: Jose Reyes - 71
BB: Albert Pujols - 100
SLUG %: Manny Ramirez, Mets - .642

Wins: Dan Haren, Arizona - 19
Losses: Haren - 3
Saves: Chris Perez, Cardinals - 54
ERA: Dan Haren - 2.50
HR allowed: Jonathan Sanchez, SF - 11
Shut Outs: Johan Santana, Mets - 3
Strikeouts: Lincecum - 243
Complete Games: Santana - 5
IP: Santana - 228
WHIP: Greg Smith, Colorado - 1.14
Old 05-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 29, 2010 -

The Cleveland Indians beat the Cubs 4-1 in the World Series. Jhonny Peralta was the MVP of the World Series with a .615 avg, 2 HR, and 10 RBI.

Aramis Ramirez, Cubs won the MVP of the NL.

Dan Haren won the Cy Young.

Hanley Ramirez won the Silver Slugger.

Chris Perez won the Rolaids Relief Award.

Marcellus Grbavac of SD won rookie of the year.

Hanley Ramirez won the Hank Aaron Award.

Derek Lowe won the Gold Glove for pitchers.

November 1, 2010 -

The most notable retirements are some of my heroes such as John Smoltz. Other notable retirements include Troy Percival, Frank Thomas, Brad Ausmus.

November 8, 2010 -

The Pirates have offered me a 6 year deal for just under 3.6 million total to be a starting pitcher. I feel like they are lowballing me and I don't think I want to remain with them when I can become a free agent. I turn down the deal and ask for a million over 1 year. They counter with 2.7 million over 4 years.

Nov 12, 2010 -

I count their offer asking for 1.9 million over 2 years. They refuse and counter with 2.85 million over 4 years. My agent points out that I'm going to have to put in my time with the Pirates and this isn't too bad of a deal. I ask for 3.1 million over 4 years. They lower their offer to 2.74 over 4 years. Those assholes. We finally come to an agreement on 2.85 million over 4 years.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-17-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 27, 2011 -

It was a relaxing offseason. I enjoyed my 20th birthday party. Now, I start my first spring training game against the Tigers and Jeremy Bonderman. I'm going to work harder to get more strikeouts this year and the pitching coach has made some adjustments to give my fastball some more movement.

Hmm. Not the start I was hoping for. Curtis Granderson hit my 2-0 curveball to deep right for a homer. 1-0 after facing 1 batter. Sheesh. After getting the next 2 batters to ground out, Magglio Ordanez hits a fastball over the left field wall. 2-0. At least it is only spring training. Struck out Trammell to end the inning.

In the 3rd, with men on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, I struck out Magglio and it felt great. Got Trammell with a broken bat fly to 3rd to end the inning.

That is all I got to pitch today.

3 IP, 4 H, 2ER, 3 K, 0 BB. We lost the game 9-0.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 4, 2011 -

Today i get to start against a very good Tampa Bay Lineup. My agent hears rumbles that I might get sent to AAA if I'm not impressive this spring, so I need to do better than I did the last start.

Terrible start. First I induce a routine groundball to short that is booted. Then, on the steal attempt, my catcher throws it into centerfield. Now, I've got a man on 3rd through no fault of my own. A deep fly to right knocks in the run. 1-0.

After giving up a single to Longoria, got Pena on an inside fastball for my first strikeout of the day. Get myself out of the inning with just the 1 run scoring.

With bases loaded and 1 out in the 3rd, I give up a deep fly ball to center by Pena that drives in a run. A 1-2 high fastball is lined to left by Durham to make it a 3-0 game. Finally get out of the inning.

Not a good 3 inning start. 3 IP, 5 HR, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 K, and 0 BB. We lose the game 6-1 and I have 2 spring start losses.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-17-2009 at 12:40 PM.