Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 25, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting at home against Arizona and Dan Haren is pitching which means I should expect a low scoring game. They are 52-49. We are 45-55. Sanchez is out with a hamstring injury. Pedroza has been called up because he was tearing up AAA and will start tonight in LF. I just hope his fielding has gotten better. Emilio Bonifacio is starting at 2B. Cameron has been recalled and is starting in right tonight.

In the 2nd, Cameron misplays a ball allowing a leadoff double to Conor Jackson. With 1 out, Whitesell with a hard shot past LaRoche down the left field line fo a RBI double. I get out of the inning without any more damage with a grounder to Bonifacio and a grounder to Wilson.

Struck out Nomar Garciparra with a 0-2 high fastball. Struck out Reynolds witha 1-2 changeup to end the 3rd.

I start the bottom of the 3rd with a line drive that is just barely over the shortstop's head. However, we fail to score.

Struck out Conor Jackson looking with a 3-2 fastball on the corner.

Andy LaRoche with a brilliant play to start the 5th on a hard ground ball down the line. 1 out.

Still 1-0 after 5 innings. Haren has 10 stikeouts today so far.

Nomar gets a single to left field in the 6th off me. That is his 2000th career hit. Struck out Conor Jackson looking with a 99 MPH fastball at the knees. That was the 2nd out of the 6th.

Pedroza with a 2 RBI double in the bottom of the 6th! He is 2 for 3. We are up 2-1 as I take the mound in the 7th.

Whitesell with a very hard shot to right field, Cameron keeps it to a single. Ozzie pulls me after that hit. Hopefully, the pen can hold on. I groan as Denny Bautista comes into the game.

Bautista does the job, but Aramboles gives up 4 runs in the 9th. I miss Capps. We lose the game 5-2.

6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 4 K, 3 BB.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #152
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 30, 2012 -

No trades made by any teams in the last 2 weeks. Tonight, I start against the Brewers at home. They are starting Jeff Supan who has struggled all year. They are 50-54. We are 46-59.

We are definitely working our young stars into the lineup. Today, Rex Chaney is getting the start at 3B. I hope his defense doesn't cost me LaRoche is playing 1st. However, no Pedroza in left as Nyjer Morgan is there today. Cameron in center as McLouth gets a day off.

Raburn starts the game with a single past Chaney. I wonder if LaRoche would have made that play. 4-6-3 double play on the 1st pitch to the next batter! Braun with a hard shot to left for a double. Struck out Fielder looking with a 3-2 fastball that tails back over the inside corner of the plate.

Chaney handles a hard grounder at him to end the 2nd.

Church with a solo homer in the 2nd to make it 1-0.

Chaney gets 2 assists and a putout on a popup in the 3rd. I guess his defense is adequate.

A mistake in the 4th as I walk Rivera to lead off the inning, but Braun hits into a 6-4-3 double play to get me out of the trouble.

Struck out Francisco with a 2-2 changeup to start the 5th. Bonifacio with a great defensive play to end the 5th.

1-2-3 6th. We are still up 1-0.

1-2-3 7th as Chaney makes a nice play on a hard shot by Fielder.

I bunt Diaz to 3rd in the bottom of the 7th and Nyjer Morgan gets an RBI single to make it 2-0.

My arm is getting tired and my command is fading. I walk Ransom with 2 outs in the 8th, but the next batter grounds to LaRoche who tags 1st for the out.

Ozzie is going to let me try for the complete game shutout. First 2 batters ground out to Chaney. The home crowd is going crazy.. 2-2 to Rivera.. and he fouls off 4 pitches, before swinging at and missing a high fastball! Another complete game shutout!

9 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 1, 2012 -

I'm disappointed. No trades by any teams except a few minor trades early in the month of July. I'm stuck with Pittsburgh for at least another few months.

August 5, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting in Colorado. Most likely, I'll get my 100th strike out of the season in this game as I currently have 97. Hopefully, I'll also even my record at 8-8. We are starting Pedroza in left field. Sanchez is recovered from his injury and is back at 2B. McLouth has a minor injury so Cameron is starting in center. Bonifacio is starting at SS.

Troy Tulowitzki starts off the game with a single to left. Helton grounds out but advances Troy to 2nd. Garrett Atkins with a hard liner to left field for a RBI single. The next two batters popup to end the inning.

In the 2nd inning Church throws out a runner at home!

Troy starts off the 3rd with a double down the left field line. Helton hits a hard grounder past LaRoche for a RBI single. WOW! Pedroza with a BRILLIANT play in left field to catch a shallow line drive. I never expected to see play like that from him. Maybe no one else would have made it look so hard, but I'm just glad he made it. Struck out Spillbourgh with a 0-2 changeup to end the inning.

LaRoche wth a great defensive play for the 2nd out in the 4rd. Struck out Greinke with a 0-2 slider to end the 4th.

Struck out Brad Hawpe to end the 5th with a 0-2 high fastball. That was my 100th strikeout of the year.

Pedroza with a solo homer in the top of the 6th. He is 3 for 3 today. We are still down 2-1.

Fred Lewis, their LF, starts off the bottom of the 6th by hitting a solo homer off a hanging slider. 3-1.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the top of the 7th, but we fail to score. We lose the game 9-1.

My record drops to 7-9.

6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 3 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:30 AM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 6, 2012 -

My stats 4 months into the season:

22 GS, 7-9, 3.16 ERA, 14 QS, 2 CG, 2 SO, 142.1 IP, 144 H, 57 R, 50 ER, 10 HR, 32 BB, 100 K, 1.24 WHIP, .238 vs RH, .289 vs LH.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:37 AM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 10, 2012 -

Today I'm starting against the Phillies in Philadelphia. Cole Hamels is pitching, so I don't expect much run support.

Victorino with a solo shot in the 1st.

Pedro Feliz knocks in Werth with 2 outs in the 2nd.

In the top of the 7th, Rollins gets a single and Ozzie pulls me. Bootcheck allows Rollins to score. Down 3-0.

We lose the game 8-2 as Burnett gives up 5 runs in the 8th.

6 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 16, 2012 -

Stupid computer ate a long post. Brief summary. Colorado is in the wild card lead and I'm starting against them at home. They have Greinke on the mound who is 12-6 with a 2.42 ERA coming into the game, so I don't expect much run support. Ozzie is screwing with me again I think, he has McLouth starting in left and Pedroza in center!?!

2 big strikeouts in the 2nd inning and then a fly ball to McLouth in left to end the inning. Mac Harvey was squeezing me early and I have 2 walks already including the leadoff walk in the 2nd.

Crap. A 1-0 slider hangs and Catalanotto homers to right. 1-0. Struck out the next 2 batters to end the inning.

In the bottom of the 6th, Diaz with a leadoff double. My bunt attempt is a pop up to the 3rd baseman and we fail to score.

1-2-3 7th. Hopefully, the heart of the order can get us a few runs here.

LaRoche does knockin Church in the bottom of the 7th to tie it. Ozzie pinch hits for me, but we fail to score any more runs. In the 8th, we score another and Bootcheck gets the win as we win it 2-1.

7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 5 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 22, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting in Wrigley field. The Cubs are starting Ryan Dempster who is 9-6 with a 3.34 ERA. I'm 7-10 with a 3.13 ERA. We are 52-73. They are 67-58. The Reds lead the division at 74-52.

Pedroza is starting in center again. Last game, no balls were hit to center and McLouth caught 3 in left field, so maybe there is a method to the madness.

We start off the game with a double by McLouth and a RBI single by Wilson to take a 1-0 lead in the 1st.

Pedroza with a 2 RBI double in the top of the 3rd. 3-0 lead!

Wilson with a bad throw allows Sweeney to get to 2nd to start off the 4th. I walk Ramirez to set up the double play opportunity. A 1-1 running fastball shatters Soriano's bat and causes a popup to Phillips for the 1st out. Melvin Mora grounds a changeup and it becomes a 5-4-3 double play.

Sanchez with a solo homer in the 5th. 4-0 lead.

Pedroza catches a deep fly to end the 5th. I have a no hitter going.. more amazingly, no strikeouts today.

The pitcher flies out to McLouth. Theriot with a grounder past Wilson to end the no hitter. Sweeney with a line drive to center. Runners on 1st and 3rd and Aramis is up. He hits a line drive into left. 1 run scores. Men on 1st and 2nd. Diaz allows a 1-1 changeup to get away from him and the runner advances to 3rd. Soriano flies out to center, Pedroza catches it, strong throw, but the runner barely beats it. 2 outs with a man on 1st. The inning goes from bad to worse as Melvin Mora hits it into the right field corner and Church just misses a diving attempt allowing a RBI triple. 4-3. Finally, I get Kelly Shoppach, their catcher today, to ground out to Wilson to end the inning.

In the top of the 7th, I bunt Diaz from 1st to 2nd and then McLouth knocks him in. 5-3.

Struck out Miles with a 0-2 changeup to begin the 7th. Struck out Theriot with a 0-2 high fastball to end the inning. Ozzie pulls me after that.

Yes, the pen held the lead! We win the game 5-4. Aramboles gets his 32nd save. I get my 8th win of the year.

7 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 27, 2012 -

Today, I'm starting at home vs the Reds. They are 77-53. We are 55-75. They have a 7 guys who can go yard at any time. Another interesting defensive alignment today: Pedroza in left, Nyjer Morgan in center, and Church in right field. Wilson gets a day off as Bonifacio starts at SS.

Sanchez knocks in Morgan to start the 1st. 1-0 lead.

Struck out Hairston with a 1-2 slider for the 1st out of the 2nd.

In the 5th, I get Hairston looking with a 1-2 slider on the inside part of the plate.

In the bottom of the 5th, I hit Mark Buehrle's first pitch down the third base line for a RBI single! 2-0 after 5.

In the 6th with 2 outs, Votto with a hard hit to the left field corner. Pedroza plays it well, but it is a RBI double. Bonifacio with a GREAT play at short on a hard ground ball by Gomes to get the 3rd out.

Sanchez boots a routine grounder to start the 7th. Ozzie pulls me after that. BS!! Worse, he brings in Denny Bautista whose ERA is hovering around 5.

Not surprisingly, Bautista messes it up for me. He gives up 2 runs, we tie it in the 8th, and then Aramboles blows it in the 9th. 4-3 loss.

6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 3 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

September 2, 2012 -

So many lost opportunities this year. Here are my stats with a month to go in the season:

26 GS, 8-10, 3.10 ERA, 18 QS, 2 CG, 2 SO, 168.1 IP, 163 H, 66 R, 58 ER, 12 HR, 38 BB, 114 K, 1.19 WHIP, .228 vs RH, .283 vs LH.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:50 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 2, 2012 -

A good opportunity for a win today at Washington. We have our best defensive lineup behind me and not too many good hitters on the Nationals.

Phillips with a 2 RBI double in the top of the 3rd to give us a 2-0 lead.

After giving up a leadoff walk in the 4th, I strike out Elijah Dukes with a 0-2 changeup. I strike out Willie Harris as well. The next batter hits it deep to left field, over Morgan's head. He catches up to the ball, strong throw, relay by Wilson who guns out Konerko at home!

In the 5th, I come up after we have already scored 2 and I have men on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Ozzie gives me the go ahead to swing and I get a fastball right over the middle of the plate.. I turn on it and hit it hard down the left field line.. RBI double! That turns into a 8 run 5th inning! We are up 10-0!

Phillips with a diving catch over his shoulder in foul territory after I shatter their catcher's bat for the 2nd out of the 5th.

Wow, in the 6th I get another hit, a single up the middle. I guess all of the time in the batting cage is finally paying off. I believe this game doubles my hit total on the year.

McLouth with a gun of an arm to gun down Milledge trying to go from 1st to 3rd on a shallow liner to center. That ends the 6th.

Ozzie pulls me in the 7th after I give up a hard hit to deep center by Willie Harris. For once, I don't mind as I just can't imagine us losing this lead.

We win the game 10-1.

My record raises to 9-10.

6.1 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 3 K, 2 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 7, 2012 -

Today I start on the road vs the Brewers. We've got our best defensive lineup behind me again. I've got to watch out for Braun and Fielder.

Wow. I'm on a hit streak. First at bat in the 2nd, I flare a single to shallow right field.

Big mistake as I hit Jeff Supan with 2 outs in the 2nd to put men on 1st and 2nd. I get Francisco to fly to Church to end the inning.

In the 4th, I come to bat with a man on 3rd and 2 outs.. I hit a 1-0 fastball to deep left field.. the fielder is chasing it and barely catches up to it.

No! Francisco catches a 0-2 changeup in the 5th and hits it barely over the left field wall. 1-0 game. That was only the 3rd hit I've allowed.

My teammates pick me up with a 2 run homer by Church in the top of the 6th.

Tense moment in the bottom of the 6th as I walked 2 guys with 2 outs, but I got Velez to fly to McLouth in center.

After I give up a 1 out single to Trot Nixon in the bottom of the 7th, Ozzie pulls me. He goes to Denny Bautista which compounds my frustration. Bautista does a good job, but they let Bootcheck try to save it and he blows it with a 3 run homer!

6.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 K, 3 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:23 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 12, 2012 -

Today, I get the start at home vs the Cardinals and Wainwright. Pedroza is starting in left and we are going with Gillaspie at 3rd.

5 scoreless innings on both sides which is highlighted by me striking out Ankiel twice.

In the 6th, we score 2 runs on a homer by Church.

Ozzie pulls me in the 7th, when Ankiel gets a hard hit double with 2 outs. He goes to Gobble who allows the inherited run to score, but keeps my lead.

Aramboles with an impressive 2 inning save in which he struck out 4. He has 35 saves and I have my 10th win of the year!

6.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 4 K.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2012 -

Tonight I start against the Reds on the road. Pedroza is starting in left again and Gillaspie is at 3rd.

Cirillo with a RBI off me in the 1st inning.

Hairston, JR with a RBI in the 4th inning.

Down 2-0 in the 7th when Ozzie decides to go to the pen. We score 2 in the top of the 7th to tie it. Gobble gives up a run in the 8th and we lose the game 3-2.

6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 K, 1 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:53 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 23, 2012 -

Tonight I'm starting on the road vs the Cardinals who are starting a rookie pitcher in his major league debut, JC Regilio. Hopefully, this will give us a big night offensively and give me a good shot at getting win #11. Pedroza is starting in left and we are using Austin Kearns in right for the first time in a very long time. I need to watch out for Ankiel who leads the team with 45 homers. Ludwick and Glaus each have 31.

McLouth robs Doumit of a homer to start the 2nd inning! I will miss McLouth when I eventually get out of Pittsburgh.

In the 4th, I popped up to end a rally, but we scored 3 runs in the inning on a 2 run homer by Wilson and a RBI double by Pedroza.

Ludwick hits a 2-1 fastball to deep center and it is just over McLouth's glove and the wall. 3-1 game. I strike out Ankiel with a 100 MPH fastball to bounce back.

Trouble in the 5th as I Khalil Greene gets a single to right, steals 2nd, and then I walk Mather with 1 out. The pitcher sac bunts the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Then, Orlando Hudson hits the 1st pitch to right center for a 2 RBI single. Tied at 3. I get Schumaker to fly to Pedroza to end the inning, just 1 batter too late.

Key strikeout of Ludwick with a 99 MPH inside fastball to start the 6th. Struck out Doumit with a high fastball to end the inning. Key strikeouts to regaining my confidence.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the top of the 7th, but we fail to score.

We win it in the 10th as Bautista gets the win. 4-3 win on a homer by Pedroza.

6 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 29, 2012 -

My final start of the year. Will it be my final start as a Pirate? Today, I'm pitching at home vs Mark Buehrle and the Reds. They have clinched the division and are resting a few of their starters. Hopefully, that will assist me in getting the win today.

In the 2nd, I come to bat with men on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs, I lace the 1-0 fastball down the left field line! 2 RBI double! My work in the cage is really paying off.

In the 3rd, I strike out the side throwing almost nothing but heat!

In the 4th, I strike out Dickerson with a 2-2 changeup.

In the 5th, I get Gomes with a 0-2 fastball below the knees.

In the 7th, I strike out Dickerson and Cirillo with fastballs.

In the 8th, I get Votto to chase an outside slider.

Gomes leads off the 9th with a titanic shot off a 2-0 fastball. I'm shocked that Ozzie leaves me out there but he does. I get Encarcion to ground to Wilson. Phillips pops up to Sanchez. Hairston, Jr. grounds to LaRoche! Complete game win!

We win the game 2-1. I get my 11th win of the year.

9 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 2, 2012 -

My final stats on the year:

32 GS, 11-10, 2.85 ERA, 24 QS, 3 CG, 2 SO, 208.2 IP, 188 H, 74 R, 66 ER, 15 HR, 51 BB, 138 K, 1.15 WHIP, .228 vs RH, .248 vs LH.

My stats throughout my career to this point:

2009 (AA) 13-5, 1.95 ERA, 18 GS, 12 QS, 2 CG, 2 SO, 138.1 IP, 13 BB, 75 K, 1.03 WHIP, .271 vs RH, .213 vs LH.

2010 (AAA) 11-4, 2.74 ERA, 20 GS, 13 QS, 124.2 IP, 15 BB, 68 K, 1.09 WHIP, 241 vs RH, .271 vs LH.

2010 (MLB) 4-4, 4.08 ERA, 11 GS, 8 QS, 68.1 IP, 13 BB, 26 K, 1.26 WHIP, .245 vs RH, .322 vs LH.

2011 (MLB) 12-5, 3.01 ERA, 32 GS, 22 QS, 1 CG, 1 SO, 197.2 IP, 33 BB, 117 K, 1.05 WHIP, .236 vs RH, .247 vs LH.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Summary of 2012 -

NL MVP - Ryan Howard with .307 55 HR's and 135 RBI's.

Cy Young - Greg Smith, Colorado with 14-3 record and 2.34 ERA.

Rookie of the Year - Freddy Church, SD .300, 15 HR, 76 RBI.

No Pirates won any awards.

Boston beat the Dodgers 4-2 in the World Series.

LF Carlos Guillen was the MVP of the WS for Boston with .500 avg 3 HR, and 5 RBI.

Notable Retirements after the season:

2B Freddy Sanchez! Ok, now I really want to get out of Pittsburgh.

SS Jason Wood (good riddance)

P Chris Bootcheck (ditto)

C Bengie Molina, Boston
SS Rafael Furcal, Boston

CF Johnny Damon, Yankees
2B David Eckstien, Yankees
SS Derek Jeter, Yankees
LF Hideki Matsui, Yankees

C Jorge Posada, TB
LF Gary Sheffield, TB

SS Miguel Tejada, Cleveland (retired early due to career ending injury)

1B Jason Giambi, Oakland

1B Carlos Delgado, Mets

P Roy Halladay, Phillies
P Brad Lidge, Phillies
Old 05-31-2009, 10:27 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 2012 -

The GM is trying to convince me to want to hang around for a long time. He is telling me their committment to winning. He signed Austin Kearns and Mike Cameron to 2 year deals this week. Kearns got 3 million and Cameron got just under 8 million.

CF Nate McLouth became a free agent!

January 5, 2013 -

I meet with the GM to re-iterate my trade demands. He responds, "You are a vital asset to this club that is under contract. You aren't going anywhere."

Jan 16, 2013 -

Nate McLouth signed a 2 year for 17 million total with the Cubs

Feb 1, 2013 -

The Pirates do not sign any new players of any substance. How depressing.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 1, 2013 -

I've been so depressed here in Pittsburgh that I haven't written for a while. I had a good spring and I've been directing my energies into working out. I've gotten stronger and quicker. I'm fielding the ball much better.

On the positive side, Ernesto Pedroza had a good spring. He's not a great fielder, but he has become adequate, and he can really hit! He is projected to be our #3 hitter this year. Rex Chaney isn't the fielder that LaRoche is, but he is projected to start for us at 3B and bat cleanup. He has big time power potential. Maybe this year won't be so bad?

Time to get ready for the season opener which is also our home opener against the Astros. I'll be pitching against Roy Oswalt. I hope the kids are up to hitting his stuff.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:07 PM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 1, 2013 -

The park is filled to capacity for the opener and that has my juices flowing. I'm sure I'll remember every minute of tonight.

Our starting lineup:

CF Mike Cameron
C Kenneth Blake (his hitting is progressing nicely)
LF Ernesto Pedroza (best power hitter we've had since I've been here)
3B Rex Chaney (almost as good as Pedroza, so he'll start)
RF Ryan Church
SS Jack Wilson
1B Andy Phillips (being pushed hard there by LaRoche and a young player)
2B Emilio Bonifacio (the best defensive option at the position.)
P Me

The Astros' lineup:

LF DElmon Young
2B Ruben Gotay
CF Lastings Milledge
RF Hunter Pence
1B Lyle Overbay
3B Cleveland Demaria
SS Rocco Copley
C Humberto Quintero
P Roy Oswalt

Young starts off the game with a single just over my head on a 2-2 fastball. Gotay hits a very hard grounder to Chaney who starts the 5-4-3! Milledge pops up to Phillips to end the inning.

Pedroza and Chaney each hit 2 out singles before Church hits a 3 run homer in the bottom of the 1st! Not a bad start at all!

So much for my improved reflexes, Pence hits a grounder just by me for a single. Struck out Overbay with a 1-2 outside fastball that he chases. DeMaria hits a liner to center that I know McLouth would have caught. Cameron merely cuts it off. Men on 1st and 3rd with 1 out. Copley with a sac fly to Cameron. Quintero grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.

Struck out Oswalt with a 1-2 slider to start the 3rd. Chaney handles a hard grounder to get Young out. Wilson handles a grounder for the 3rd out of the 3rd.

Chaney handles a hard grounder by Milledge to start the 4th. Bonifacio catches a liner for out number 2. Pedroza catches a fly ball to end the inning.

Chaney with a diving stab of a hard shot by Demaria, but after getting up he throws it away. Demaria gets to 2nd easily. Rocco hits a 1-2 slider hard to right. Church catches it, but the runner advances to 3rd.

Quintero hits the 1st pitch into the gap on the right side of the infield. RBI single. 3-2 game with Oswalt at the plate. Oswalt bunts and it is misplayed. He gets a single. Young catches a 1-0 high fastball and homers to right. 5-3 and I'm rattled a bit.

Struck out Gotay with a 2-2 changeup. It takes 10 pitches, but I finally get Milledge to ground out to Bonifacio. I can't believe I blew the lead.

My guys pick me up big time in the bottom of the 5th! First, Chaney hits a 3 run homer. Then Church hits a solo shot! 7-5 lead!

Struck out Pence on the 7th pitch with a low fastball. Overbay grounds to Wilson for the 2nd out. Demaria grounds out to Chaney to end the top of the 6th.

Ozzie pinch hits for me in the bottom of the 6th. We get 3 more runs in the bottom of the 6th as a result when Pedroza hit a 3 run homer!

Wow. I think I might just end up being glad that I didn't get traded. This could be a fun place to be for until I can hit free agency. We win the game 10-7. I get my first win of the year despite not pitching that great.

Pedroza went 2 of 3 with 3 runs scored, 3 RBI's, 1 homer, and 2 walks.

Chaney went 3 of 4 with 2 runs scored, 3 RBI's, 1 homer, and 1 walk.

Church went 2 of 4 with 2 runs scored, 4 RBI's, 2 homers, and 1 walk. Not a bad start for the heart of our lineup.

6 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 4 K, 0 BB.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 4, 2013 -

We sweep the Astros to start the year! We win the 2nd game of the series 3-1 on a 3 run homer by Pedroza. We win the 3rd game of the series 10-2 on homers by Cameron, Pedroza, and Bonifacio. Cameron hit a 3 run shot, Pedroza's was a 2 run shot, and Bonifacio's was a 2 run homer.

April 5, 2013 -

We win our 4th game of the year thanks to a 5 run 8th and a 5 run 9th! We beat the Reds 11-5 to go 4-0. Phillips hit a grand slam in the 8th. Cameron with a solo shot in the 9th. Chaney had 2 double and 2 RBI's. Chaney is hitting over .400 early.

April 6, 2013 -

Our first loss of the year. I knew it had to come, but was hoping it would be after I got my 2nd win. Santos our #5 starter gave up 4 runs early, and Mark Buehrle kept our hitters off balance all night long. We lose the game 4-1. Pedroza had our sole RBI as he knocked in Blake. I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow night in Cincinnati to at least take 2 out of 3.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-31-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 7, 2013 -

Today, I get the start against Aaron Harang and the Reds. Harang pitched 7 shutout innings in his 1st start of the year.

Our lineup today has LaRoche at 1st and Diaz catching, but everyone else is the same as my 1st game. The Reds have multiple dangerous hitters including Votto, Bruce, and Hairston.

LaRoche with a great play at 1st for the 2nd out of the inning. Struck out Hairston with a 2-2 outside slider to end the inning.

Encarcion gets drilled by my fastball that got away from me to start the 2nd inning. Struck out Corey Sullivan with a 0-2 changeup for the 2nd out of the inning. Matt Treanor with a single past Chaney that drives in the run. 1-0. I should have been more careful with him since there was an open base and the pitcher was up next. Harang grounds to Chaney to end the inning.

Brandon Phillips with a solo shot to left field to start the 3rd. He hit a 1-0 fastball. Jay Bruce follows that with a ball that gives me palpitations before it hits off the center field wall just below the line. Cameron with a good play to keep him at 2nd base. Struck out Hairston with a 0-2 very high 100 MPH fastball.

Down 2-0 at the end of 3. So far, Harang is pitching a no hitter and he has 5 strikeouts already.

Corey Sullivan hurts himself swinging at my fastball. Fernando Perez comes in for him with a 0-2 count. I strike out with the next pitch, a high fastball. Struck out Treanor with a 2-2 fastball at the knees.

Struck out Phillips after 8 pitches with an inside fastball. With 2 outs, Bruce catches an inside fastball and hits it a ton. No doubt about that one to right center. Down 3-0 at the end of 5.

Ozzie pinch hits for me to start the 6th which sort of annoys me off since I only threw 64 pitches and was doing ok. We fail to score in the 6th. We lose the game 6-2.

My record drops to 1-1.

5 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 6 K, 1 BB.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 13, 2013 -

The team has lost 4 of our last 5 and we really need a big performance from me to pick us up. Tonight I start at home vs the Brewers and Yovani Gallardo who has been nasty in his first two starts but doesn't have a win for his efforts. At least, I don't have to face Prince Fielder who was the big FA signing this past year. He signed a big contract with the Padres.

Nyjer Morgan is starting ahead of Pedroza tonight, otherwise it is the same lineup as my last start.

I walk Braun with 2 outs in the 1st. No reason to get careless with him. Frank Keppinger, their cleanup hitter, flies out to center to end the inning.

LaRoche knocks in Church in the bottom of the 2nd to give us a 1-0 lead.

Struck out Gallardo with a 2-2 changeup for the 2nd out in the 3rd. Chaney with poor range that allows Martin Prado to get a single for the first hit of the night off me. Rivera grounds out to Wilson the end the inning.

Struck out Keppinger with a 2-2 fastball for the 2nd out in the 4th.

In the 5th, Velez crushes a 2-0 changeup to right field. Tied at 1. Only my 2nd hit given up tonight. The next batter gets a single past Chaney. No doubt that LaRoche would have had that. Things fall apart as I hit Gallardo with a high fastball as he attempts to bunt. A 0-2 fastball to Prado is laced to left field for a RBI single, but Gallardo is gunned down attempting to take 3rd. Finally, I strike out Rivera with an outside fastball to end the inning. My control was all over the place that inning.

I lead off the bottom of the 5th with a single up the middle. They fail to knock me in.

Sheesh, my control hasn't been this bad in years. My 1-1 fastball just completely gets away from me and drills Braun in the ribs. Crap! Braun steals 2nd on the first pitch, a changeup. Keppinger moves him to 3rd with a ground out to 2nd. I get Gamel to pop up to Chaney for the 2nd out. Francisco grounds back to me and I make the play to end the inning.

The heart of our order is up in the bottom of the 6th. We fail to score. Ozzie goes to the pen to start the 7th.

We score 3 in the 7th thanks to a 3 run homer by Pedroza who pinch hit in the 7th. That gives us a 4-2 lead. However, the pen gives up 10 runs between the 8th and 9th inning. Burnette gave up 6 runs and Lopez gave up 4. We lose the game 12-4.

6 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 K, 1 BB.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 18, 2013 -

After a rough stretch, we've won our last 3 games thanks to some big hitting from the heart of our lineup. Hopefully, I can stretch the streak to 4 today at home vs San Diego that is starting their new pitcher Ryan Dempster. We are 8-7 so far. They are 6-9 despite some significant talent infusions.

Their most dangerous hitter is Prince Fielder. Pedroza is hitting well lately and is starting in left today.

Church with a gun of a throw to get a runner going from 1st to 3rd for the 1st out of the 2nd inning. I struck out Darrell Granderson with a 1-2 slider on the outside corner for the 2nd out. Struck out Jed Lowrie with a 2-2 changeup to end the inning.

Chaney's limited range hurts me on back to back plays. First he misses a ball for a single that puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Then, he misses another hard hit down the line, that turns into a RBI single. Now, I have men on 1st and 2nd with Fielder at the plate and no outs.

Fielder pops up to Chaney for the 1st out. Jody Gerut with a fly ball drives in a 2nd run. Bonifacio is unable to make the play on a hard grounder by Granderson and that leads to a 3rd run. Struck out Lowrie to finally end the 3rd. Rough inning.

I'm getting rocked tonight. Freddy Church, their leadoff hitter, with a long drive to left field that is over Pedroza's head for a double. After getting a 2nd out, I choose to pitch around Fielder, but I make the mistake of not getting my 1st pitch far enough outside and he reaches it and slaps it into right center for a RBI single.

Down 4-0 after 4, and the heart of our lineup is up. I need them to score but Dempster retires them in order.

Ozzie pulls me after the leadoff hitter in the 5th gets an infield single to Chaney.

Just a terrible effort from me today. We lose the game 6-5. Pedroza hit a 3 run homer in the 7th and we scored 1 in the 8th and 9th, but it wasn't enough.

4 IP, 11 H, 5 ER, 3 K, 1 BB.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 23, 2013 -

Tonight, I'm starting against Yovani Gallardo and the Brewers on the road. I need to get on track or this is going to be my worst April.

Not a good start. Martin Prado is up and I get squeezed on 2 calls before Prado drives a 2-0 fastball right by Wilson. Struck Velez out with a 0-2 high fastball for the 1st out. Braun who has 8 homers already, hits a hard ground ball past Chaney. Guys on 1st and 2nd. Struck out Gamel with a 0-2 high fastball for the 2nd out. Francisco grounds back to me to end the inning.

On a 1-0 fastball that gets me my 1st out of the 2nd, I feel a twinge in my leg. Ozzie decides to not take any chances and he pulls me from the game. We lose the game 1-0, but the pen gets the loss.

1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 K, 0 BB.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 24, 2013 -

The MRI was clear. I've been diagnosed with a pulled quad and could possibly start my next scheduled game.

April 27, 2013 -

I feel completely better. I've been cleared to start on the 29th in New York against the Mets.

April 29, 2013 -

We are now 12-13. Today, we are playing against the Mets who have Johan Santana starting. He has been back to dominant this year and is already 4-0 with a 2.84 ERA. This will be a tough matchup for our young hitters.

Reyes starts the game with a first pitch hit to right field. Blake guns him down on a 1-0 fastball. Struck out Castillo with a 1-2 changeup.

I come to the plate in the top of the 2nd with men on 1st and 2nd with no outs. I bunt them successfully to 2nd and 3rd. Disgusting! Wilson strikes out, Blake pops up, and Chaney flies out.

Manny with a leadoff double to start the 2nd inning. My changeup just hung too much. He moves to 3rd on a ground out to 2nd by Beltran. Jose Guillen with a sac fly to center to knock Manny in.

Struck out Wandy Segovia to start the 3rd inning. Struck out Reyes with a fastball at the knees to end the inning.

Beltran with a leadoff double to right field to start the 5th. Guilled hits it hard to short, and Wilson throws it into the stands allowing Beltran to score.

Ozzie pinch hits for me to start the 7th inning. We fail to score. Santana goes 7 scoreless innings and Francisco Rodriguez gets his 12th save. 3-0 loss.

6 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 K, 0 BB. (I don't get how both of those runs were earned.)
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2013 -

My stats for the first month have been terrible:

6 GS, 1-3, 2 QS, 5.08 ERA, 28.1 IP, 32 H, 17 R, 16 ER, 4 HR, 3 BB, 21 K, 1.24 WHIP, .317 vs RH, .261 vs LH.

Pedroza has played decently in left field and he had 6 homers and 17 RBI's in April. He is hitting .242.

Chaney has 5 homers and 16 RBI's and is batting .257. His defense is definitely a step down from LaRoche.

LaRoche in more limited bats has 1 homer and 9 RBI's. He is batting .257.

Church has hit .281 with 4 HR's and 17 RBI's.

Hopefully, I can turn it around in May.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 4, 2013 -

Today I get the start at home vs the Giants. They are 14-17. We are 14-16. Here is their starting lineup:

2B Emmanuel Burriss
1B John Bowker
CF Aaron Rowand (batting .313 with 6 homers)
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Edgar Renteria (only batting .217 with 1 homer)
RF Adam Loewen
C Steve Holm
LF Brandon Boggs (14 game hitting streak)
P Kelvim Escobar

We are going with LaRoche at 3B (yes!) and Renaldo Avila in center (and batting 8th.) Brandon Moss is playing 1st base today. Pedroza is batting 3rd.

Struck out Renteria to start the 2nd inning.

LaRoche and Avila with RBI's in the bottom of the 2nd inning. 2-0 lead.

Struck out Bowker with a 2-2 slider to start the 4th. Bonifacio with a fielding error that allows runners to get to 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. Loewen with a single up the middle for an RBI. After walking the bases loaded, I struck out Boggs with a high 0-2 99 MPH fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Escobar with a fastball to start the 5th.

LaRoche with a diving stop on Rowand to get the 1st out of the 6th. Pablo Sandoval gets ejected for arguing a call at 1st base in which Bonifacio threw him out by a step. LaRoche with a very good defensive play to end the 6th. I have no doubt that Chaney wouldn't have made the 1st play, and probably not the 2nd one either.

LaRoche with the 1st assist of the 7th as well on a hard grounder right at him. 1-2-3 inning in the 7th, likely ending Boggs 14 game hit streak.

Still a 2-1 game as I take the mound in the top of the 8th. For reasons I don't understand, they leave a relief pitcher in the game to bat leadoff against me in the 8th. I strike him out on 4 pitches. Wilson barely misses a liner by Burriss and Ozzie pulls me as a result. Don't blow it guys!

He brings in Thaddeus Waite who has a 3.00 ERA. Waite gets the job done! Aramboles pitches a perfect 9th for his 8th save of the year! We win the game 2-1.

7.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 10, 2013 -

Tonight I pitch against the Astros who are 11-24. We are 16-19 and we are once again near the bottom in most offensive categories and in the top half in most pitching categories. The Astros are worse in both areas. We are going with LaRoche at 3rd again tonight as he has been hitting well and playing excellent. Pedroza is batting 3rd and Emilio Alcantara, a good hitting young 1st baseman, is batting cleanup for us. Roy Oswalt is pitching for the Astros.

Struck out Delmon Young with a 2-2 fastball to begin the game. Struck out Overbay with a 1-2 fastball at the knees. Barely missed with a 3-2 fastball to Milledge. Blake guns out Milledge trying to steal 2nd.

In the 2nd, I come to bat with bases loaded and 2 outs. The first pitch is a fastball down the middle, I crush it.. right at Hunter Pence in right field.

Hunter Pence hits a hard grounder at Wilson who bobbles it and then throws it away. Pence is on 2nd to start the 2nd. Demaria with a fly to right field advances the runner to 3rd.

I thought I was going to finish off Rocco Copley, but he hits a good inside 2-2 fastball past LaRoche for a RBI single. Luna with a single to left field. After a passed ball advances the runners, I strike out Hernandez with a 97 MPH fastball on the outside corner. Oswalt grounds out to Bonifacio to end the inning.

Blake guns out Milledge attempting to steal 2nd to end the 3rd.

Pedroza with a long running catch in left center for the 1st out in the 4th. There is zero doubt in my mind that he wouldn't have caught that ball in the 1st spring that I saw him. He's still not good out there, but he is sufficient now. Struck out Hernandez to end the inning and leave men on 1st and 3rd stranded.

Wilson with a throwing error allows men to get to 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Milledge with a single scores 1 of the runs. The bad inning continues as Pence hits the 1st pitch, a low outside fastball, to right field for an RBI single. 3-0, 1 out, men on 1st and 2nd.

DeMaria pops up to me, but Copley with a single to shallow left for the RBI. Finally, I get a grounder to Wilson to end the inning.

Ozzie pulls me after 5. We lose the game 4-2 as Cameron hit a 2 run homer in the 7th. That was Oswalt's 1st win of the year.

5 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-02-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 16, 2013 -

Today, I get the start at home against Adam Wainwright and the Cardinals. He is 5-2 with a 2.78 ERA. They are 21-19. We are 17-23. Their most dangerous hitter is Rick Ankiel who leads the NL with 15 homers. LaRoche is getting the start at 3rd for us tonight as Chaney has been injured in the past week. We have the same lineup as my last game:

CF Cameron
C Blake
LF Pedroza
1B Alcantara
RF Church
SS Wilson
2B Bonifacio
3B LaRoche
P

Terrible start. Hudson draws a walk and then Schumaker hits a hard grounder down the 3rd baseline. Men on 1st and 3rd with no outs. Ludwick grounds into a 6-4-3 double play. 1-0. Ankiel lines out to 1st.

Big strikeout on Yadier Molina with a 2-2 changeup. Men are on 1st and 2nd, so it was key to get that 1st out. Morales grounds into a 5-4-3 to end the inning!

In the 3rd, Blake guns out Hudson trying to steal 2nd! His arm has really developed nicely. Struck out Schumaker with a 1-2 fastball below the knees to end the inning.

I get a single on a little flare over the 1st basemen's head in the 3rd, but we fail to score. I got the 1st hit of the game off Wainwright.

Struck out Ludwick with a 100 MPH fastball to start the 4th.

Khalil Greene starts the 5th with a single that was just out of Wilson's diving range. Molina follows it up with a hard liner to right. Men on 1st and 3rd with no outs and Kendry Morales at the plate. He hits into a 5-4-3 double play. 2-0.

Bad 6th inning. With 1 out, I hit Schumaker and then Ludwick hits a first pitch changeup barely over the right field wall. 4-0. Ozzie pulls me after that. We lose the game 4-0 as Wainwright pitches a 2 hitter.

My record drops to 2-5. 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 3 K, 1 BB.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 22, 2013 -

We've lost 7 of our last 8 games. The team is starting to snipe at each other, and it is not a fun place to be right now. Today, I'm starting against the Brewers and Gallardo again. Interesting lineup behind me as we have Pedroza in left, Nyjer Morgan in center, and Brandon Moss in right. At least, I have LaRoche at 3rd. The wind is blowing out to center at 21 MPH tonight.

What is happening to me this year? Rivera and Braun with back to back singles and then Frank Keppinger hits a 1-1 changeup to deep right field for a 3 run homer.

Struck out Gamel with a 1-2 inside fastball for the 2nd out. Needed that as my confidence is very shaky right now. Ground ball to 3rd to end the inning.

The 2nd inning doesn't go any better as Velez hits a 2-0 fastball to right center for a solo shot. I just can't locate any of my pitches right now. Struck out Raburn with a 1-2 fastball at the knees to end the inning.

My woes continue in the 3rd. Singles by Rivera and Keppinger and then Gamel who I usually can get out easily lines it to rightfield for a RBI single. 5-0 in the 3rd with 1 out and men on 1st and 3rd. Bad luck as I get a good ball hit to Bonifacio but the Francisco beats out the play at 1st to prevent the inning ending double play. Now 6-0. I give up another single and Ozzie pulls me.

My shortest (non-injury) outing of my career. Just a horrible start to this year. We lose the game 6-2.

2.2 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 2 K, 0 BB. My record drops to 2-6.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 27, 2013 -

Management has let me know they are unhappy with my start and I better turn it around soon. Tonight, I'm starting at home on Memorial Day vs the Dodgers. They are starting Eric Stults. They are 27-22. We are 20-30.

Their lineup:

CF Matt Kemp (batting .320 with 5 homers)
1B James Loney
SS J.J. Hardy
2B Dicky Cubillan
RF Andre Ethier
LF Sandy Phelps
C Russell Martin
3B Casey Blake
P Eric Stults

Our Lineup:

SS Jack Wilson
RF Ryan Church (first time batting 2nd all year)
LF Ernesto Pedroza
CF Cameron
2B Bonifacio
1B Moss
3B LaRoche
C Robinzon Diaz

An 0-1 fastball gets away from me and hits Kemp. Not a good start as he is a dangerous base stealer. With 1 out, Kemp steals 2nd on the 1st pitch. Struck out Hardy with a 100 MPH fastball on the inside corner. Dicky grounds to short to end the inning.

In the 3rd, Casey Blake with a leadoff single to left that turns into a double when Pedroza misplays it. Stults bunts him to 3rd and then Kemp grounds to 2nd to drive in the run.

I'm absolutely livid when I get squeezed on a 2-2 slider that was over the corner clearly and called ball 3. The next pitch, I lose my concentration and Loney hits it to the right field wall for a double. Hardy grounds out to Bonifacio to end the inning. 1-0 after 3.

Struck out Sandy Phelps with a fastball near the dirt to end the 4th.

Struck out Blake with a 3-2 fastball just inside to get the 1st out of the 5th. Needed that after a leadoff single.

Our offense finally scores in the bottom of the 5th with a solo homer by LaRoche. Tied at 1. That is our only hit of the night.

Struck out Russell Martin with a 2-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 7th.

The heart of our lineup is up in the bottom of the 7th.. come on Pedroza..

We fail to score in the 7th. Ozzie pulls me in the 8th. We score 3 in the bottom of the 8th and win it 4-1. Denny Bautista robs me of the win.

7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 4 K, 0 BB.

I talk to Ozzie after the game, and he agrees that he should have let me try to pitch the 8th.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #183
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2013 -

It's been a rough start to the season and my confidence has been hurt:

11 GS, 4 QS, 2-6, 4.53 ERA, 55.2 IP, 64 H, 33 R, 28 ER, 7 HR, 8 BB, 39 K, 1.29 WHIP, .315 vs RH, .267 vs LH.

Hopefully, I can bounce back with a spectacular June.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2013 -

Tonight I start at home vs the Cubs and Rich Hill. He is also having a rough year and is 1-5 with a 4.52 ERA. Hopefully, our bats can get it going. Pedroza had a very quiet May as did most of our offense.

The Cubs are 34-22 and are 1st in homers hit. We are 22-33 and are 29th in every major offensive category except steals where we are 15th.

Their lineup:

2B Ian Kinsler
1B Adrian Gonzalez (batting .340 with 11 HR's)
3B Aramis Ramirez (.249 with 11 HR's)
LF Alfonso Soriano
C Geovany Soto
SS Mike Fontenot
RF Ryan Sweeney
CF Nate McLouth (sick that he is batting 8th for them, batting .270 with 8 homers)

Soriano starts the 2nd inning with a double. Soto barely hits it off Wilson's bat, but the runner holds up at 2nd as a result. Fontenot hits a 3 run homer that barely stays fair inside the right field pole. I hit Sweeney with the next pitch. McLouth hits it hard over Pedroza's head. RBI double. Down 4-0.

Struck out Rich Hill on a 0-2 bunt attempt for the 1st out of the 2nd. Bonifacio with a brilliant diving stop, recovery, and throw to get me out of the 2nd on a hard hit by Gonzalez.

Struck out Soriano for the 2nd out of the 3rd. I get a desperately needed 1-2-3 3rd.

1-2-3 4th. The bad news is that we only have 1 hit through 4 innings.

Ozzie pulls me after the 5th inning. We lose the game 7-4. Church hit a 3 run homer in the 7th inning.

5 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 K. My record drops to 2-7.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 2, 2013 -

I'm fed up with this team, and I'm fed up with Ozzie's usage of me. Although, I have had a bad start, I blame him for some of it. I go into the GM's office and demand a trade. He no longer feels I'm a vital part of the team after this terrible start and he works a trade within 24 hours as the Orioles trade me for RP Jim Johnson.

Time to pack my bags and go get to know my new teammates!

June 3, 2013 -

The first thing I notice is that I'm the ace of a more talented group of starters. Chris Young and Jeremy Guthrie are good solid pitchers. Despite that, I'm told by the GM that he expects me to be the ace of this staff.

The pen is a bit of the mess with the best pitcher being their young closer, Reinaldo Cortez who has 12 saves on the year with a 6 ERA!

My impressions of the projected lineup:

2B Brian Roberts - Gettiong up there in age, but he is a speedy leadoff man with decent fielding ability. He is hitting .266 this year with 4 HR's.

RF Nick Markakis - Decent fielder, very good hitter with some pop. Hitting .356 with 11 HR's and 42 RBI's both more than any of my previous teammates.

3B Quinton Lacey - He might drive me crazy. Very limited range, but the young hitter is very good with the bat. Hitting .332 with 7 HR's.

C Florentino Saucedo - Good hitting young catcher. Batting .319 with 6 HR"s and 35 RBI's.

LF David Murphy - The veteran should be better than Pedroza in the outfield, but he isn't as powerful of a hitter. Still, he is hitting over .300 (.303) with 8 HR's.

CF Adam Jones - Not a good fielder. He might make me miss Cameron He is a decent hitter and he does have good speed which might make up for his instincts being bad.

1B Alexis Elez - The young hitter has a great eye and should develop power with time. He is hitting .333 with 5 HR's.

DH Daniel Murphy - I think he should be out in LF. He's a better fielder than David. Decent contact hitter batting .270 this year.

SS Wilson Betemit - More of a natural 3B. I worry about his lack of range. On the plus side, he is hitting .320 with 6 HR's.

Best Bench player is LF Felix Pie who is a tremendous fielder and speed guy. I hope we get him into the game some.

Adam Kennedy is a veteran guy off the bench who can play decent second base for us.

The Orioles are 24-34. The Red Sox and Yankees are atop the division. I'll be facing a bunch of big power hitters in this division. Hopefully, it won't end up hurting my performance even more. On the plus side, I should be getting a ton more offensive support. The Orioles lead MLB in team batting average. They also lead MLB in runs scored despite being 18th in homers. They are 4th in SB's. Overall, I think I'm happy to be here. Looking forward to my next start which will be at Texas on June 4th if my arm feels good.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 4, 2013 -

YES! Felix Pie is in center for my debut game against the Rangers which is at their stadium.

A quick look at both lineups:

Orioles:

2B Brian Roberts
RF Nick Markakis
3B Quinton Lacey
C Florentino Saucedo
LF David Murphy
1B Alexis Elez
DH Daniel Murphy
SS Wilson Betemit
CF Felix Pie

Rangers:

2B Scot Olson
DH Jc Siegel
3B Michael Young
RF Stanley Mudd
C Taylor Teagarden
1B Joe Mather
SS Ronny Cedeno
LF Oswaldo Urdaneta
CF Greg Golson

Their best power hitter that is playing today is Young.

YES! The team welcomes me the right way with a 5 run top of the 1st! Lacey with a solo homer, Murphy with a 3 RBI double, and Betemit with a RBI. They batted around.

Strike out Young looking with a 1-2 fastball at the knees to end the 1st.

Struck out Cedeno with a 1-2 slider to end the 2nd.

Struck out Urdaneta with a 1-2 changeup to start the 3rd.

Alexis with a very nice play to stop a hard grounder for the out to start the 4th. Struck out Mudd with a 0-2 100 MPH fastball to end the 4th.

The guys execute a perfect 5-4-3 double play to end the 5th.

Struck out Urdaneta with a 1-2 fastball at the knees to start the 6th.

Alexis with another very nice play to end the 7th. Still 5-0.

Struck out Cedeno with a 0-2 slider for the 2nd out in the 8th.

With a 3 hit shutout going, I'm allowed to start the 9th. My arm feels very good.

Roberts can't quite get to a grounder and it goes for a single to start the 9th. Olson hits into a 5-4-3 double play! David Murphy with a very good running catch to end the game. Complete game shutout! Nice debut as an Oriole.

9 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 9, 2013 -

Today I get the start at home against the Nationals. They are starting Michael O'Connor who has a ERA of 7.94! Hopefully, our guys can tee off on him. We have a sold out crowd! We are 28-37. They are 26-38. Camden Yards is truly a glorious park.

Our Lineup:

2B Brian Roberts
DH David Murphy
3B Quinton Lacey
RF Nick Markakis
CF Adam Jones
1B Alexis Elez
LF Felix Pie
SS Cesar Izturis
C Jeff Mathis

Their lineup:

SS Willie Harris
RF Randy Winn
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Paul Konerko
DH Rick Gomez
CF Elijah Dukes
2B Alberto Gonzalez
C Paul Phillips
LF Roger Bernadina

Willie Harris starts the game by hitting a 2-2 slider down the left field line for a double. Winn grounds to 2nd and moves the runner to 3rd. Zimmerman hits a come back right at me. I look the runner back to 3rd before throwing Zimmerman out. Lacey handles a hard shot down the line and throws out Konerko to end the inning.

David Murphy with a solo homer in the bottom of the 1st to give me a 1-0 lead.

Struck out Gomez looking at a 1-2 fastball at the knees to start the 2nd. Elijah Dukes homers on a 0-1 fastball. Tied at 1. Pie with a very good play to get the 2nd out.

Willie Harris with another double, this time to right field with 1 out in the 3rd. Struck out Winn with a 2-2 outside fastball. Struck out Zimmerman with a 0-2 fastball close to the dirt to end the inning.

Struck out Dukes with a low 0-2 fastball to end the 4th.

Alberto Gonzalez hits the first pitch of the 5th, a high fastball to left field for a homer. 2-1. Where is our offense against this bad pitcher?

Roberts with an error on a ground ball hit by Phillips. Struck out Bernadina with a low 0-2 fastball for the first out of the 5th. Despite me trying to be careful, Willie Harris hits another double! This time, it was down the left field line. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. I get Winn to pop to short for the 2nd out. Struck out Zimmerman with a 1-2 low fastball to end the inning.

Cesar with a brilliant dive to stop a hard grounder in the 6th, but he throws it away. Gomez gets to 2nd with 1 out. With 2 outs and men on 1st and 2nd, Roberts has a routine ball hit to him that he handles perfectly, but then he throws it away! That allows a run to score and now men are on 2nd and 3rd. Bernadina hits the first pitch, a low fastball to centerfield for a 2 RBI single. Down 5-1.

Lou Pinella pulls me after that. Come on offense, pick me up. Mitchell Whitaker comes out of the pen. Darn. We lose 5-4. If I just could have held it together after that error, I could have gotten another win.

5.2 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 15, 2013 -

Tonight, I'm starting against the Mets. With a good outing, I could lower my ERA under 4. Hopefully, I can get win #4 tonight.

Our lineup:

2B Brian Roberts
RF Nick Markakis
3B Quinton Lacey
C Saucedo
LF David Murphy
1B Alexis Elez
SS Wilson Betemit
CF Felix Pie
P Me

Their lineup:

SS Jose Reyes
2B Luis Castillo
3B David Wright
LF Manny Ramirez
CF Carlos Beltran
RF Jose Guillen
C Miguel Montero
1B Wandy Segovia
P Mike Pelfrey

Struck out Castillo with a 1-2 fastball near the dirt for a key first out with Reyes on 2nd (single and stolen base.) Reyes takes 3rd on a passed ball and Wright draws a walk. 100 MPH inside fastball pops Manny up behind the plate for the 2nd out. Beltran connects on a low 1-1 fastball and drives it into right center for a 2 RBI double. Guillen laces a 1-2 fastball into left field for a RBI single. Both of those were good pitches that just got hit by good batters. I'm rattled and I give up a double to Montero with a sloppy high fastball. Finally, Segovia grounds to short to end the inning.

Struck out Pelfrey with a 0-2 slider for the 1st out in the 2nd. Reyes bunts for a hit. He steals 2nd on a pitch out. Castillo hits a tap back to me, I look Reyes back and throw out Castillo. Reyes advances again on a passed ball when Wright is at the plate. This time, I strike out Wright with a low fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Beltran with a 0-2 outside fastball for the 2nd out of the 3rd.

Struck out Pelfrey looking with a 0-2 slider on the outside corner for the 2nd out of the 4th. Reyes with a double to left field, he is such a pest. After I walk Castillo, Wright gets a chopper to die in front of the plate and no one can get to it fast enough. Bases loaded for Manny...

Pie with a brilliant catch of a long drive to left center!

Beltran with a single and then Guillen hits a hard grounder that gets past Alexis. Men on 1st and 3rd with no outs. Pinella pulls me after that. Darn. He turns to Jim Miller. We lose the game 4-3.

4 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 5 K, 2 BB. Pinella is in my face after the game. He definitely isn't happy about tonight's performance.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 21, 2013 -

Tonight I get the start at home against the Braves. Hopefully, I can avoid my 10th loss tonight. They are 40-32. We are 32-43.

Their lineup:

RF Denard Span
SS Yunel Escobar
DH Joe Mauer
C Brian McCann
LF David Dejesus
1B Casey Kotchman
2B Kelly Johnson
CF Valentine Rivas
3B Eugenio Velez

Trouble in the 3rd as I walk Rivas. With 1 out, Span hits it down the left field line for a double. Men on 2nd and 3rd. I walk Escobar to load the bases. Mauer grounds into a 4-6-3 double play to end the inning!

That translates into a good bottom of the 3rd as Lacey hits a 2 run homer. He's not much of a third baseman in the field, but he can mash. That is his 12th homer and 50th RBI of the year.

Struck out McCann to start the 4th with a 2-2 fastball. Very good range by Adam Jones in center to catch a ball in the right-center gap for out number 2. Jones throws out Kotchman who tried to advance from 1st to 3rd for the 3rd out of the inning.

David Murphy with a solo shot in the 4th. That is his 10th homer of the year. We are up 3-0 after 4.

A bad start to the 5th as I give up singles to Rivas and Velez. I need to strike out Span.. Saucedo throws out Rivas attempting to steal 3rd! Span grounds out to 2nd after Velez had already stolen 2nd. Velez is on 3rd with 2 outs. Escobar hits a 1-2 slider to left field for a RBI single. Struck out Mauer with a 2-2 high inside fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Kotchman with a 99 MPH 1-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 6th.

My arm is tiring and I give a leadoff single to Rivas in the 7th. Saucedo throws him out attempting to steal 2nd with 1 out. Struck out Span with a low 2-2 fastball to end the top of the 7th.

Pinella pulls me after that inning. I threw 104 pitches. Some things never change as the pen blows my lead in the 8th inning. Elez with a 2 run homer to win it in the 9th, 5-3.

7 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 26, 2013 -

We are now 35-45 as we have won 3 of our last 5. Tonight, I get the start at home against Toronto. They are 29-51.

Their lineup:

RF Alex Rios
2B Kazuo Matsui
1B Lance Berkman
DH Mike Jacobs
LF Adam Lind
SS Cristian Guzman
CF Vernon Wells
3B Scott Rolen
C Teddy Nash

Our Lineup:

CF Adam Jones
RF Nick Markakis
3B Lacey
C Saucedo
1B Elez
DH Daniel Murphy
SS Adam Kennedy (gulp)
LF Pie
2B Cesar Izturis

1st pitch of the night is homered to left field by Rios. It was a fastball that just stayed up on me. Struck out Matsui with a low 2-2 fastball. Struck out Lind with an outside 1-2 fastball to end the inning.

Lacey picks me right up with a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 1st. That was his 13th of the year and 58th RBI.

SOB. With 2 outs, men on 1st and 2nd, and an 0-2 count, I have a fastball get away from me and drill Rios in the back. I let out a sigh of relief as Matsui grounds to 1st to end the inning.

Big bottom of the 2nd as Markakis hits a 3 run homer! That is his 18th homer of the year and 60th RBI. Pie also had an RBI for a 4 run inning. Up 6-1 now.

A hard grounder by Berkamn gets by Lacey for a single to start the 3rd. Darn. After getting 2 outs, Adam Kennedy boots what surely should have been the 3rd out and then throws it away to move the runner to 2nd. I'm rattled by the play and it is compounded when I leave a 1-1 fastball over the heart of the plate and Vernon Wells hits it to deep left field for a 2 run homer.

The inning goes from bad to worse as Scott Rolen hits a shot to left field that Pie dives and misses. That turns into a double and then Nash with a single past Lacey for a RBI single. 6-5. Finally, Markakis with a nice play to end the inning.

What is happening to me? I give up a leadoff double to Matsui, walk Berkman as ordered, and then Jacobs with a RBI single to shallow center to tie the game. Men on 1st and 3rd and 0 outs. Lind hits a 3-2 fastball to deep right for a 3 run homer! My strikeouts just aren't coming when I need them.

My fastball gets away from me and I walk Guzman. Pinella pulls me. What a disaster. I can't believe I blew this lead. The crowd is booing loudly at my crap performance.

3 IP, 10 H, 9 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 K. Lou is absolutely livid with my performance and is laying into me in the club house. I get my 10th loss of the year as we lose the game 11-6.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2013 -

June was definitely my worst month of my career and this is the worst start I've ever had:

17 GS, 6 QS, 3-10, 4.43 ERA, 1 CG, 1 SO, 89.1 IP, 108 H, 56 R, 44 ER, 13 HR, 17 BB, 64 K, 1.40 WHIP, .291 vs RH, .313 vs LH.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 2, 2013 -

Our offense continues to lead the Majors in multiple categories. Our pitching is last in every major category. We are 37-48. Tonight, we are playing in Toronto. They are 30-54. This turf is some odd looking stuff.

Struck out Lind with a 2-2 high fastball to start the 2nd inning. Struck out Guzman with a 0-2 fastball at the knees.

Struck out Nash with a 1-2 outside fastball for the 2nd out of the 3rd inning. With men on 1st and 2nd, I struck out Berkman with a high inside 1-2 fastball.

WOW! Pie with a VERY long run and diving catch in foul territory for the 1st out of the 4th.

Roberts with a RBI single in the top of the 5th to give us a 1-0 lead.

Vernon Wells hits the 1st pitch of the bottom of the 5th to the right field wall, but Markakis with a running leaping catch at the wall! Struck out Rolen with a 2-2 fastball for the 2nd out.

Struck out Nash looking with a 3-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 7th.

Still 1-0 after 7.

Lacey knocks in Roberts in the 8th. 2-0 lead.

Bottom of the 8th starts by Lacey showing horrible range to let a slow grounder by Matsui get past him for a single. I get Berkman to ground out to 2nd, but we can't turn the double play. Jacobs flies out to Pie. Lind with a hard line drive to deep left center for a RBI double. That is it for me. Lou goes to Matt Albers to try to finish the inning.

Albers gives up the inherited run and my lead. Markakis with a 3 run homer in the 10th wins the game for us, 5-2.

7.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 7, 2013 -

My first start at Fenway is the last game before the All-Star break. I'm feeling scared about how hard their fearsome lineup is going to pound me:

CF Jacoby Ellsbury
1B Kevin Youkilis
2B Dustin Pedroia
LF Marcus Thames
3B Mike Lowell
DH Nick Johnson
RF Rocco Baldelli
C Josh Bard
SS Julio Lugo

My team makes things a bit easier by giving me a 2-0 lead before I even take the mound. Murphy and Elez with RBI's.

Jacoby starts off the game by hitting a 1-1 curve to left field for a double. He steals 3rd. Youkilis draws a walk. A 1-0 fastball gets away and drills Dustin in the back to load the bases with 0 outs..

WTF!?! I throw a 1-2 slider that gets away from me and is a wild pitch. The run scores as all men advance. Struck out Thames with a 3-2 fastball at the knees. Lowell grounds to 2nd for the 2nd out but the game is now tied. Struck out Nick to end the inning.

The other Murphy with a RBI double to make it a 3-2 game in the 2nd inning.

Struck out Rocco looking with a 2-2 curve over the inside corner to start the 2nd inning. Lugo with a double off the Green Monster with 1 out after a single by Bard. Men on 2nd and 3rd with Jacoby at the plate. Jacoby with a 2 RBI single to center. Sheesh. I'm getting run support, but am just pitching like crap. Down 4-3 after 2 innings.

Lowell with a leadoff double off the monster. Nick knocks him in with a single to right. Struck out Rocco with a 0-2 inside fastball. 6-4-3 double play to get out of the 3rd.

Struck out Lugo with a 2-2 changeup to start the 4th.

In the 5th, Rocco hits a 2-2 changeup down the right field line and barely inside the pole (and barely over the fence) for a short homer. Lou pulls me after that. Another terrible outing. I need to figure out what is going wrong and fix it.

4.2 Ip, 10 H, 7 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.

My record drops to 3-11. Zack Greinke gets his 10th win of the young season.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 17, 2013 -

Today I get the start at home vs the Tigers. I've worked a lot with the pitching coach this last week and he has pointed out that I'm relying on my fastball too much. He thinks if I mix up my pitches more, I can turn around this season. He also helps work on some mechanics on my slider to make it more effective.

The Tigers' Lineup:

3B Chone Figgins
RF Magglio Ordonez
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Mario Richar
CF Curtis Granderson
LF Hemanth Trammell
2B Placido Polanco
C Gerald Laird
SS Gil Velazquez

Struck out Magglio with a 2-2 changeup in the 1st. Markakis with a great throw to get Cabrera going from 1st to 3rd to end the inning!

Saucedo with a solo homer in the bottom of the 2nd. That was his 10th of the year and 45th RBI. 1-0.

Roberts with a RBI single in the 3rd. 2-0.

Struck out Polanco with a 2-2 changeup for the 2nd out in the 4th.

Adam Jones with a RBI single in the bottom of the 4th. 3-0.

Lacey with a 2 run homer in the 5th. That was his 14th of the year and 65th RBI this year. We are up 5-0.

WOW! Lacey with a diving stab, recovery, and throw to prevent runs from scoring as he got the 3rd out in the 7th and stopped men on 2nd and 3rd from scoring.

Placido grounds out to 2nd for the 1st out of the 9th. Laird draws a walk as my 3-2 changeup misses low. Gil lines to 2nd and Roberts with a leaping catch! Figgins grounds a 3-2 slider to Roberts to end the game! 5-0 complete game win!

9 IP, 8 H, 0 ER, 4 BB, 2 K. I'm now 4-11.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-05-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 20, 2013 -

Baltimore traded Alexis Elez today to the Mets for 1B Lemuel Griffey. We have been on a 6 game winning streak.

July 22, 2013 -

Today I'm starting in Seattle against Jarrod Washburn who has been struggling with a 6.46 ERA. The Mariners have a talented lineup at the top:

LF Carl Crawford
RF Ichiro
3B Adrian Beltre
C Orlando Figueroa
DH Leroy Hammer
2B Jose Lopez
1B Chris Shelton
CF Franklin Gutierrez
SS Kevin Frandsen

We are starting Wilson Betemit at 1st and not even using our new acquisition tonight.

Struck out Crawford with an outside 0-2 fastball to start the game. Ichiro with a single. Markakis guns down Ichiro going from 1st to 3rd on a hit to right. I'm loving his play.

In the 2nd, I manage to load the bases with 0 outs. A 3-6-1 double play hit into by Gutierrez gets me 2 outs but a run scores. I get Kevin to ground to Lacey to end the inning.

Struck out Lopez with a 1-2 fastball inside to end the 4th.

Struck out Shelton with an outside 0-2 fastball to start the 5th. Struck out Gutierrez with a 2-2 inside fastball. Struck out Kevin with a 0-2 changeup to end the 5th.

We still only have 3 hits as we go into the 6th down 1-0.

I don't understand why I was pulled after 6. I definitely had something left.

We lose the game 2-0 as Washburn changes his bad luck this year. I drop to 4-12.

6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #196
Ironhead
College Prospect

Man, rough start. Hopefully you can bounce back in the 2nd half.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 28, 2013 -

Tonight, I get the start in Oakland. Their best hitter is Joe Crede.

Kotsay with a 2 run homer in the 2nd when I leave a 2-2 slider hanging a bit.

Struck out Suzuki in the 3rd with a 1-2 changeup.

2-0 after 5 when Pinella unexpectedly yanks me! We lose the game 5-0.

5 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K. My record drops to 4-13.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-06-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 4, 2013 -

I'm starting at home vs Boston tonight. Definitely have to be careful of a few of their hitters, most notably Dustin Pedroia. They are 71-39. We are 48-62.

Jacoby with a leadoff drag bunt. Then, he gets 2nd on a passed ball. I regain focus and strike out Kevin with a 1-2 inside fastball. Thames hits a 0-2 slider (that was supposed to be more outside) to straight center field for a 2 run homer!

Jacoby starts the 3rd with another bunt for a hit. Saucedo throws him out attempting to steal 2nd. Struck out Pedroia with a 1-2 fastball at the knees. Struck out Lowell with a 0-2 slider almost in the dirt.

Struck out Rocco with a low slider to start the 5th.

We are being no hit through 5.

Lou pulls me in the 6th after I allow a leadoff hit to Jacoby and a walk to Kevin. He gives the ball to Jim Miller. We lose the game 3-0.

5 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K. My record drops to 4-14 as Jon Lester 2 hit us.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 10, 2013 -

We are on a 7 game losing streak as we face Toronto tonight at their ballpark.

Saucedo with a solo homer, his 18th, and Murphy with a RBI single. 2-0 as I take the mound.

Struck out Matsui with a low 2-2 slider to start the 1st. Struck out Jacobs with a high 2-2 fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Lind looking with a 0-2 slider at the knees for the 2nd out of the 2nd. After 10 pitches, I strike out Vernon Wells with a 3-2 fastball.

Trouble in the 3rd, as an error by Santana (who is a new guy playing 1st) and a single plus a walk load the bases with 1 out. Berkman comes to the plate. A 1-2 fastball gets away from me and drills Berkman in the back to force in a run. Huge strikeout of Jacobs with a 2-2 outside fastball. Rios grounds to short to end the inning and I let out a big sigh of relief.

CRAP! I walk Guzman with 2 outs in the 5th and then give up a 2 run homer to dead center to Berkman. Down 3-2.

Pie with a great job of covering a ton of ground to prevent Rios from getting a double to start the 6th. Still, the leadoff single is enough for Pinella who apparently has a quick hook. I was so sure I was going to get my 5th win. Such a disappointment.

We lose the game 4-2 and my record drops to 4-15.

5 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 16, 2013 -

We are now on a 4 win game streak. I need to keep it going tonight and end this horrible slide. I'm starting at home vs the Angels. They are 66-55. We are 53-67. Albert Pujols and Carlos Lee are their 2 most dangerous hitters and they are batting 3rd and 4th.

Struck out Howie Kendrick with a 2-2 changeup for the 2nd out in the 1st. Albert is hitting .340 with 37 HR's and 93 RBI's. He hits the first pitch to deep center, but Pie is there to catch it.

Struck out Juan Rivera with a 0-2 100 MPH fastball for the 1st out of the 2nd inning.

A leadoff walk and then a single in the 3rd have men on 1st and 3rd with 0 outs. OH MY!! Carlos Ruiz with a line drive to shallow-mid center, Pie charges it, catches it, and throws the runner out at home! I love having Pie in center!

Struck out Kendrick with a 1-2 high fastball. I walk Pujols, mostly intentionally. Crud. Carlos Lee with a single and then with 2 outs Delmon Chance hits a 3 run homer (off a changeup) to right center.

Carlos Lee starts off the 6th with a solo shot to left field. Down 4-0 as Lou pulls me. We lose the game 10-2.

5 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 3 K. My record drops to 4-16. I can't believe it.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-06-2009 at 10:42 AM.