Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #351
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 8, 2016 -

We are 61-49, 4.5 games behind the Indians. Tonight, I'm starting at Toronto against a pitcher who has a 5.53 ERA and is 5-8.

We take a 1-0 lead in the top of the 1st as Alexei knocks in Cano.

Struck out Teddy Nash to begin the game with a 0-2 outside fastball. 1-2-3 1st.

Alexei with a throwing error to start the 2nd, but Coco gets the ball quickly as it bounces off the wall and throws it to Alexei for the out at 2nd. Vernon Wells hits a 2 out high 0-2 fastball to deep center and it barely stays in the park as it bounces off the top of the wall for a double. Struck out Harry Wise with a 1-2 fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Nash again to end the 3rd.

Quentin with a solo homer in the 4th to make it 2-0.

Struck out Tovar with 1-2 fastball to begin the 4th. 1-2-3 4th. Only 1 hit allowed so far.

Struck out Vernon Wells with a 3-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

Octavio Arias starts the 6th with a single that just gets by a diving Aybar at 3rd. He steals 2nd. He goes to 3rd on a fly to center. Nash draws a walk. At least, I get the double play set up. Nash steals 2nd on a 2-0 fastball. I strike Tovar out with a 3-2 slider to get the 2nd out. Edgardo Urban hits a soft comeback at me and I make the throw to 1st to end the inning.

Emilio Alcantara starts off the 7th with a single to shallow center. Wells with a 1 out single to left. Men on 1st and 2nd. Mike goes to the pen as a result. He brings in Bobby. Come on Jenks! Jenks pitches a scoreless 7th and 8th. Groniga pitches a perfect 9th for his 11th save. We win the game 2-0. I get my 14th win.

6.1 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #352
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 13, 2016 -

We won 3 of 4 vs Toronto, but we just dropped the 1st game to Cleveland at home. I'm starting the 2nd game of this 3 game series. We are 64-51 and 6 game behind the Indians. This is a must win game I think. Terrell is starting in center for us tonight

Cleveland's Lineup:

RF Corey Hart
LF Armand Lorenz - hitting .310 with 10 HR's
CF Grady Sizemore - .322 with 28 HR's 85 RBI's
1B Travis Hafner - .296 with 17 HR's
C Kelvin Dittfurth
SS Jhonny Peralta
DH Justin Norwood
2B Cedrick McMullen
3B Gaston Dias

Struck out Lorenz with a 2-2 outside fastball for the 2nd out of the 1st. 1-2-3 1st.

After Hafner leads off the 2nd with a single, Dittfurth hits a bullet to Coco at 1st who makes the catch and tags the bag for the unassisted double play!

Coco with a RBI double in the 3rd and then Aybar knocks him in. 2-0 lead after 3.

Struck out Sizemore with high heat for the 2nd out of the 4th. Struck out Dittfurth with a 2-2 fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Peralta with a 3-2 fastball to begin the 5th.

1 hit allowed through 6 in one of my more dominating performances of my career. I spoke too soon as I give up 2 singles in the 7th including a 2 out single that has men on 1st and 3rd. Mike pulls me after that. I hold my breath as he brings in Kuo..

Kuo gets the one left handed batter, Devine pitches a 3 strikeout 8th! Groniga pitches a perfect 9th for his 13th save. I tie my career high with my 15th win!

I now have over 19 consecutive scoreless innings.

6.2 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #353
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 19, 2016 -

We are 67-53 and continue to be 6 games behind the Indians and we are 3 games behind the Red Sox for the Wild Card. Tonight, I'm pitching on the road while wearing another throwback that I've never worn before. Seattle is also wearing throwback jerseys tonight from their Pilot days.

I wonder if the curse of the throwback is going to continue to hurt me as I get robbed on 2 calls and walk Carl Crawford on 4 straight balls. Jose Lopez laces the ball to right center for a single that puts Crawford on 3rd. I strike out Giovanni Visquel on a 1-2 fastball for the 1st out. Lopez steals 2nd. I walk Adrian Beltre to set up the force/double play opportunity. Larry Gates grounds into a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning!

Struck out Chris Shelton with a 1-2 slider for the 2nd out in the 2nd inning.

Struck out Huston Enfield with the high heat for the first out of the 3rd.

With 2 outs in the 4th, Larry Gates catches a 2 out 3-2 fastball that drifted over the plate and hits it to left field for a solo homer. Down 1-0. Monty Brantley hits it down the line and Gwynn misses a diving catch, but he recovers gets the ball at the wall, hits the cutoff man, who guns down Brantley going for third to end the inning.

Cano knocks in Ruiz to tie it at 1 in the 5th.

Gwynn with a great running catch in foul territory for the 1st out of the 5th.

Ruiz with a 2 RBI double and Gwynn knocks him in to make it 4-1 in the 6th.

I strike out Gates with a 2-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 6th.

Chris Shelton hits the first pitch of the 7th, a curve, down the left field line and off the pole for a homer. 4-2. I come back and strike out Alcides Escobar with a 2-2 fastball. The next hitter, Enfield, hits a 0-1 fastball to left field for a homer. I strike out Jose Lopez with a 1-2 fastball to end the 7th.

Mike goes to the pen for the 8th inning. Jenks pitches a perfect 8th and Groniga pitches a perfect 9th. We win the game 4-3. Groniga gets his 15th save. I get my career high 16th win!

7 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #354
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 24, 2016 -

Today, I start at Oakland vs Rick Vandenhurk who is 4-12 with a 6.63 ERA. We are 70-55 which is 5 games behind Cleveland and 3.5 behind the Red Sox for the Wild Card. The A's are 46-80.

After allowing a leadoff single by Titus Crudale, I strike out Kurt Suzuki with a 2-2 inside fastball. After another single, I get Jack Cust to hit into a 5-4-3 DP to end the 1st.

With men on 1st and 2nd and 1 out, I manage to strike out Lawrence Madison with a 1-2 fastball. After hitting a batter to load the bases with 2 outs, I strike out Titus Crudale with a 2-2 high inside slider.

Gwynn with a nice play in center to start the 3rd. Struck out Lazaro Gomez with a 2-2 fastball to end the 3rd.

Coco with a 3 run homer in the 4th! 3-0 lead.

Struck out Macier Izturis with a 2-2 fastball to start the 4th. Struck out Parker Ensberg with a 0-2 outside slider to end the 4th.

After getting hitting hard in the first 2 innings, I've pitched a perfect 3rd, 4th and 5th.

My velocity is dropping a bit in the 6th. I give up a 2 out single to Izturis. Jeff Baker catches a hanging 1-2 slider and it is a homer to left. I walk Madson as a 3-2 fastball misses just outside. Mike pulls me after that. I'm glad to see Jenks coming into the game.

Jenks gets out of the 6th with no problem, but Mike leaves him in too long and he gives up the tying run in the 8th. We lose it 5-3 in the 11th.

5.2 IP, 8 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #355
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 30, 2016 -

Yes!! My teammates just won 3 of 4 vs Boston! We are now 73-57 and 5.5 behind Cleveland but only 1.5 behind Boston for the Wild Card. Tonight, I get the start against Carlos Zambrano and the Twins. He is 8-9 with a 3.15 ERA.

Cano with a solo homer in the 1st. 1-0 lead.

Wow, Gwynn with a long running diving catch in foul territory for the 2nd out of the 2nd with men on 1st and 2nd. I strike out Uribe with a 2-2 fastball to end the inning.

Coco with a solo homer in the 2nd. 2-0 lead.

Struck out Morneau with a 2-2 slider to end the 3rd.

Budde knocks in Alexei to make it 3-0 after 3.

Struck out Iannetta with a 2-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 4th. Struck out Casilla with a 3-2 fastball to end the 4th.

Jason Pridie argues a call at 1st to start the 5th and he is ejected. Struck out Uribe with a 1-2 splitter.

Dunn knocks in Cano in the 5th. 4-0 lead.

Struck out Morneau with an outside 0-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 6th. Terrell Kelsey with a solid play in center to end the 6th.

Cano with a 2 RBI double in the 6th to make it 6-0.

I give up two singles to start the 7th. Men on 1st and 3rd with 0 outs. Casilla with a deep fly to right for the sac fly. Hector Luna also flies out to Dunn. Uribe with a single to right. Tolbert grounds a slider to Cano to end the inning. 6-1 lead midway through the 7th.

Bad location on my fastball to Morneau and he drives it into right center for a 1 out double in the 8th. A 1-2 splitter gets passed Paulino allowing Morneau to get to 3rd. Gary hits it to Alexei to drive in Morneau but he is out. Macias grounds out to 1st to end the inning. 6 great innings and 2 decent ones. Mike turns to the pen in the 9th as my arm is really tired.

I get my 17th win of the year. 6-2 win. Devine pitched a scoreless 9th. I do have to strongly consider the strength of the bullpen and that does make this team very attractive..

8 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #356
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 2, 2016 -

I feel great about this season. There is some talk from the experts that I have a real shot at the Cy Young:

17-5, 2.83 ERA, 27 GS, 20 QS, 1 CG, 1 SO, 178 IP, 153 H, 62 R, 56 ER, 14 HR, 37 BB, 134 K, 1.07 WHIP, .245 vs RH, .207 vs LH.

Sep 3, 2016 -

We've just lost the 1st 2 games of a 3 game series against Boston

We are now 76-59. We are 5 games behind the Indians and 3.5 games behind the Red Sox. I start the final game of the series vs them tomorrow. We also have 2 critical series against Cleveland this month.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #357
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 4, 2016 -

Tonight, I'm starting in Boston in one of my most important starts of my career. I need to win this to get us back within 2.5 games. We are wearing throwback uniforms again tonight, but I feel like I've finally broken that jinx.

Carlos Quentin with a 2 run homer to start the game! Welcome back, Carlos! That is his 23rd of the year.

To start the game, Jacoby hits a 3-2 fastball hard towards 3rd, but Jose with a diving stop and a great throw from his knees! That was very unexpected. It looks like his defense improved some during his time back in the minors. Felix Pinada drives it to center for the 2nd out of the inning. Pedroia draws a walk with 2 outs. Paul Konerko grounds out to Cano to end the inning.

Coco with a solo homer in the 2nd. That is his 10th of the year. 3-0 lead.

Justin Upton weakly grounds a 0-2 slider to 3rd for the 1st out. Conor Gillaspie with a hard grounder that is just out of Cano's reach. Dioner Navarro hits a soft comeback at me. I throw it to 2nd, but we can't quite turn the double play. 2 outs with Dioner at 1st. Brian Roberts with a single to right but Gwynn guns down Navarro going for 3rd to end the inning.

Mohamed Fowler weakly pops up a 1-2 slider for the 1st out of the 3rd. Jacoby flies out to left. Pinada grounds out to Alexei.

Gwynn with a RBI double in the 4th and then Quentin knocks him in. 5-0 lead.

Pedroia flies out to Quentin for the 1st out of the 4th. Struck out Konerko with an inside 2-2 fastball. A fastball gets away from me and drills Upton. Conor grounds out to short to end the inning.

Navarro flies out to Gwynn for the 1st out of the 5th. Roberts strikes out chasing a 1-2 outside fastball for the 2nd out. Fowler pops up to 1st to end the inning.

Jacoby with an infield single to start the 6th. Alexei with an error on a hard grounder by Pinada, should have been a double play. Pedroia laces a 0-1 slider into left center for a RBI single. 5-1. Konerko beats out the 5-4-3 DP thanks to a hard slide at 2nd. Upton hits it hard, but Cano with a great play to start the 4-6-3 DP to end the inning

Conor grounds out to 1st to start the 7th. Navarro bounces it back to me for the 2nd out. Roberts flies out to the warning track but Quentin catches up to it.

Mike turns to the pen to start the 8th. Kuo allows 1 in the 8th and Groniga allows 1 in the 9th but we win it 5-4. He gets his 23rd save and I get my 18th win.

7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #358
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 8, 2016 -

We just finished losing 2 of 3 at Cleveland. At least Chris Young got us the 1 win. He is also being mentioned as a Cy Young candidate. He is 17-5 with a 2.75 ERA and 133 K.

Sep 10, 2016 -

We are now 79-61 and still 5.5 games behind the Indians. We are 2.5 behind the Red Sox. Tonight, I'm starting at home vs the Yankees. They are 94-47 as their offense is on pace to break 850 runs this year. They have so many dangerous hitters byut Teixeira has been the most dangerous this year. He is hitting .324 with 36 HR's and 115 RBI's. They have 7 starters with over 20 homers. That is made even worse by a strong wind blowing out to right-center tonight.

Reyes with an infield single to 3rd to start the game. Reyes steals 2nd despite a pitch out! I strike out Utley with an outside 1-2 fastball. I intentionally walk Mark. Orlando Figueroa drives it into left center where Gwynn misplays it. 2 RBI double. I strike out Chase Headley with a 0-2 splitter. Vlad pops a very high fastball to shallow center for the 3rd out.

Rico Estrada with a single up the middle to start the 2nd. Brandon Phillips grounds into a 6-4-3 DP. Melky Cabrera flies out to Gwynn in left to end the inning.

Reyes hits a line drive into right field, Dunn dives, barely misses it. Reyes with a triple. Utley grounds it hard to 1st for the 1st out. Reyes doesn't risk it. I intentionally walk Mark again to set up the double play again. It doesn't work again as Orlando Figueroa continues his hot hitting, lacing a double into right for a RBI. Men at 2nd and 3rd. Headley with a RBI single into right. Vlad hits into a 5-4-3 DP to end the inning. Down 4-0.

Rico Estrada singles into right off a 0-2 slider. They have so many good hitters. It's no wonder they are leading the league in batting average. Brandon Phillips hits a 0-2 splitter hard to short for a 6-4-3 DP. Cabrera grounds out to Cano to end the inning.

Burnitz (who is starting at 3rd today) with a solo homer for us. 4-1 after 4 innings.

Cano with a great defensive play to get out Reyes to start the 5th. Utley grounds out to Cano. Struck out Mark with a 2-2 inside fastball to end the inning.

Struck out Figueroa with a 0-2 slider to start the 6th. Headley draws a walk. Struck out Vlad with a 2-2 slider. Rico with a single to left. Mike decides to pull me. He brings in Kuo.. sigh. As expected, Kuo allows both inherited runs to score despite the 2 outs. We lose the game 9-1.

I drop to 18-6.

5.2 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 5 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #359
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 14, 2016 -

We are on a back breaking 5 game losing streak as the Yankees win 3 of 4 against us and then Cleveland wins the first 2 of our 3 game series. We are now 79-66 and Cleveland has almost clinched the division with a 89-56 record. Furthermore, the Wild Card is looking like a long shot now as the Red Sox are 6.5 games ahead of us.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 15, 2016 -

It is absolutely critical that I pitch great today against the Indians if we are going to keep any small chance of playoff hopes alive.

Struck out Peralta with a 2-2 slider to end the 2nd inning.

Ruiz knocked in Budde in the 2nd inning. 1-0 lead.

Struck out Pablo Sandoval with an outside 2-2 fastball to start the 3rd. Hafner with their 1st hit of the game in the 3rd. With 2 outs, I throw the ball over Coco's head and put Corey Hart on 2nd and Sandoval on 3rd. Lorenz hits another come back to me and this time I just lob it underhand to 1st for the 3rd out.

Terrell with a nice play in center for the 1st out of the 5th.

Quentin with a 2 run homer in the 5th. 3-0 lead.

Ruiz gets hit with a foul ball in the scrotum in the 6th (amazing all of the little details this game has.) He takes a minute or two to recover. Struck out Corey Hart with a 3-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 6th. Struck out Lorenz with a 3-2 fastball to end the inning.

Dunn with a solo homer in the 6th. That is his 30th of the year. 4-0 lead.

Struck out Sizemore with a 1-2 fastball to start the 7th. Dittfurth with a 2 out single in the 7th. Only the 2nd hit I've given up today. Peralta grounds out off a slider to end the inning. I've had great command of my fastball, slider, and change today.

Cano with an error to start the 8th. He just didn't get down on the ball. Struck out Cabrera with a 3-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the inning. A 2 out wild pitch (a slider) lets Sandoval advance to 2nd. I pop up Hart to end the inning.

4 run 8th as Cano, Quentin, Dunn, and Kelsey all score. With a 8-0 lead, I get a chance to go for the complete game.

Terrell Kelsey catches Lorenz's fly to center. I strike out Sizemore with a 2-2 fastball. I strike out Davilla with a 2-2 slider to end the game!

A complete game 2 hit shutout win! That is win number 19.

9 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #361
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 21, 2016 -

We are now 82-68 and very close to being mathematically out of the playoffs. We are 8.5 GB from the Indians with 12 to play. We are 4.5 back from the Red Sox. It is going to take a miracle as they are healthy and playing well. We went 2-2 in the last 4 starts since my shutout. Tonight, I get a chance to get win #20 and possibly clinch the Cy Young. I'm the clear leading candidate now. I'll go for #20 in Minnesota.

Struck out Casilla with a 1-2 splitter for the 1st out of the 3rd. Struck out Uribe with a 2-2 splitter. With men on 1st and 3rd, I strike out Morneau with a 2-2 slider.

Macias draws a 1 out walk in the 4th. With 2 outs, he is gunned down by Paulino on an attempt to steal 2nd.

Men on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the 5th. Juan Uribe is at the plate. A 3-2 splitter misses low to load the bases. Pridie hits it to center for the sac fly. Morneau flies out to Dunn to end the inning. Down 1-0 after 5 innings.

Trouble in the 6th as Gary and Macias start off the inning with singles. Men on 1st and 3rd with no outs. Critical strikeout of Iannetta with an inside 1-2 fastball. Pedro Silva barely beats out the 4-6-3 DP to score the run. 2 outs and Silva on 1st. Down 2-0 after 6 innings.

Mike pulls me after that. We lose the game 11-1 as our bullpen gives up 7 in the 8th inning. We used Pulido, a young kid, and he was absolutely rocked. My record drops to 19-7.

6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #362
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 26, 2016 -

We are now 83-72. The Indians are 96-60 and have clinched the division. We are 4 games behind the Red Sox for the Wild Card with 7 games to go. Tonight, I go for win number 20 at home against Detroit.

Chone Figgins starts the game with a single just out of Alexei's reach. I pick him off! I strike out Santana with a 1-2 slider for the 2nd out. I strike out Kubel with a 2-2 fastball to end the inning.

Harville hits a 2 run homer off me in the 2nd. I bounce back and strike out Zapata with a 2-2 splitter.

Coco with a 3 run homer in the 2nd to give me back the lead!

They tie it in the 3rd on a RBI by Clifton, their young 1st baseman. I strike out Diaz with a 1-2 slider.

We take a 5-3 lead in the 6th off a homer by Quentin.

I tire in the 7th and give up a leadoff double to Figgins. Bumgarner knocks him in with a RBI double to left center. Harville drives him in with a RBI single down the right field line. Mike pulls me with the score tied at 5.

We win it in the 8th off a 3 run homer by Dunn. 8-5.

6 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 4 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #363
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 1, 2016 -

We are eliminated from the playoffs, but I'm still highly motivated as I'm making my last start before hitting free agency. I want win #20 so badly. We are at home. We are 86-74. The Royals are 82-78.

I strike out Butler with a 1-2 inside fastball to end a 1-2-3 1st.

Milo Pratt, their young left fielder, beats out an infield single to third. I stirke out Shealy looking with a 0-2 fastball on the outside corner. Alexei with a 2 out throwing error puts men on 1st and 3rd as Pratt easily advances. Odalis Brito draws a walk to load the bases. Pena grounds back to me and I throw it home for the easiest out.

Coco with a solo homer in the 3rd to make it a 1-0 lead.

Pratt leads off the 4th with a double to left center. I strike out Shealy on a 1-2 change for the 1st out. Burl Ottavino hits a 1-2 slider down the left field line for a RBI double. Mark Teahan hits a 1-2 splitter into right field for a RBI single as Ottavino barely beats the throw home. Trouble continues as Brito hits it up the middle. Pena with a RBI single to shallow center. Coco Crisp hits it hard at Coco and he has it hit off his shoulder and into right field. The comedy of errors continues as Paulino throws it into center field on a Crisp steal attempt. That allows a run to score. Finally, I get out of the inning. Down 4-1.

Butler leads off the 5th with a single to right field. Shealy with a 1 out single to right but Dunn throws out Butler at 3rd. 2 away. I get the next batter to ground out. I really need my guys to pick me up with some runs here..

They fail to score and Mike decides to pull me. We lose the game 5-1. I finish the year 19-8 and I wonder if I cost myself the Cy Young with these last few subpar performances?

5 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #364
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 2, 2016 -

We finish the year 87-75 and miss the playoffs. It is time to take a serious look at the contenders for my services next year (assuming they show interest. First a final look at my stats this season and in my career:

19-8. I had the most wins in the AL. 3.03 ERA (Young had a 2.71 to finish the year with a 18-6 record. My ERA was 3rd in the AL) 33 GS, 23 QS, 2 CG, 2 SO, 216.2 IP (led the AL), 188 H, 81 R, 73 ER, 14 HR, 51 BB, 160 K (7th in AL), 1.10 WHIP (2nd in AL), .246 vs RH, .212 vs LH.

My abbreviated career stats:

2009 (AA): 13-5, 1.95 ERA, 75 K
2010 (AAA): 11-4, 2.74 ERA, 68 K
2010 (MLB): 4-4, 4.08 ERA, 26 K
2011 (MLB): 12-5, 3.01 ERA, 117 K
2012 (MLB): 11-10, 2.85 ERA, 138 K
2013: 5-20, 4.38, 123 K
2014: 15-9, 3.31, 154 K
2015 11-12, 4.05, 140 K
2016 19-8, 3.03, 160 K

Now to look at the contenders in depth..
Old 07-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #365
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

White Sox: They finished the year 87-75. The most attractive aspect is a strong bullpen that almost never blew a lead once I gave it to them. However, they finished the year dead last in runs scored. Whaley is a great blossoming hitter, but will he be the same after this injury? Dunn is aging and will probably lose a lot in the next year or two, will they replace him or will he continue to hit for a lower and lower average? The defense is good when Gwynn or Owens starts in center but with Terrell it is going to be rocky for at least a year or two and Owens is 34, so they might give Terrell the job even when Owens recovers from his injury. I'd say they are a long shot if I get any of the better pursuers.

Cleveland: #1 offense in the Majors with over 900 runs scored. Finished the year 101-61. They will be playing a top notch defensive center fielder every single day that he is healthy since Sizemore hits so well. Schartner is a good defensive 2B. So is Asdrubal Cabrera who started a lot at 2nd. Peralta is a decent SS. No real weaknesses anywhere defensively. The big question is are they going to let Donald Davila sign somewhere else as he is now a free agent. If so, that will be a big blow to their offense. Matt Capps is a solid closer and I'd be glad to work with him again, but the relief men are a bit iffy. Decent chance I'll sign with them I think if they offer the most money..

The Angels finished the year 102-60 and 5th in runs scored with 862. They are in a weak division which should make it easier to win. Their offensive stars are just hitting their prime with the exception of Carlos Lee who might retire. Miguel Cabrera is one of the best hitters in the game. Josh Hamilton is a powerful bat and will always start in center. He isn't a great center fielder as he is a bit slow, but he has solid instincts. Wilson Cotts is a good hitting good fielding 3rd baseman. Howie Kendrick is a top notch defender at 2nd. Cesar Izturis might be showing some age but is still a very good defender. They have one of the best closers in the game in Jonathan Papelbon. Joel Zumaya is a great setup man. They are definitely a contender for my services.

The Yankees finished the year with a 110-52 record. Their offense finished 2nd or 1st in most major categories. They scored just under 900 runs this year. Jose Reyes is the best leadoff hitter and defensive shortstop in the game at this point IMO. He is signed for 1 more year and is in his prime so the Yankees will probably re-sign him. Teixeira is a FA this year, but he is likely to re-sign and he is a top notch hitter and decent defender. Utley is getting up there in age, but he just hit .304 with 35 HR's which are his best in years. He is still a good defender. Willy Taveras has great speed in center to make up for his questionable instincts. The only downside is that their bullpen is questionable with a bunch of young guys in there.

The Red Sox finished the year 91-71. Their offense was in the top 5 in most categories. Dustin Pedroia is in his prime and is an excellent defender at 2nd. Jacoby is a FA, but will likely re-sign. He has elite instincts and speed. He'd cover a ton of ground out there. Felix Pineda is a young left fielder who most scouts say will be the next great hitter in baseball. Justin Upton uses his speed to cover a lot of ground in right. Carlos Gomez has great speed and is a very good 4th outfielder. Francisco Rodriguez had an off-year but is still one of the elite closers. They have 2 very good setup men. I think they might be my top choice, although the Green Monster worries me a bit. One other thing I like about Boston is that they were 2nd in the majors in stolen bases. Part of that is because Jacoby stole 74, but still they have good team speed throughout. They will generate a lot of runs.

The Braves are a long shot but they are worthy of consideration. They won the NL East this year with a 90-72 record. Joe Mauer has a gun of an arm and would be a great weapon behind the plate. Valentine Rivas covers a lot of ground in center. Kelly Johnson is a good 2nd baseman. Claudio Vargas is a young 1st baseman who is being compared to Albert in his prime. He is only in his 3rd year and he'll be around for at least 3 or 4 more years. However, their pen is very questionable.

The Phillies finished the year 87-75. They were in the bottom 3rd in most offensive categories with Ryan Howard being their only truly dangerous hitter. Even with Howard's 50 homers, they finished the year 20th in homers. SS Troy Tulowitzki was 2nd on the team with 16 homers. Their best weapon outside of Howard is Cole Hamels which doesn't help me at all. Cole is a FA this year and will be competing with me for the top pitching contract. On the plus side, Victorino is a very good defensive center fielder who can hit and will start all games that he can. Tulowitzki is a gold glove short stop with great instincts. However, starter Chet Cates is a terrible defender at 2nd. They have terrible options at 3rd and the corner outfield spots as Kearns is getting old and I never liked playing with him that much before. I hate to say it, but the Phillies are a long shot.

The Reds finished the year 89-73. I worry about them cutting payroll too much to seriously consider them.

The Cubs finished the year 88-74. They finished 6th in runs scored. They are 4th in homers with their big 3 of Adrian Gonzalez, Aramis Ramirez, and Ian Kinsler. They have a good defender in Nate McLouth in center, but he is starting to lose a step and is a FA so he might not be back. Kelly Shoppach has a very good arm behind the plate. Kinsler is a good defensive 2B. Theriot is an average shortstop. Their pen is questionable. They are a long shot I think.

Those are all of the teams that are getting serious consideration. Now, I just have to wait a little over a month to see who makes a real play for me. Hopefully, one of my favored teams want me.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #366
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 9, 2016 -

The Awards have been announced. Grady Sizemore won AL MVP. Ryan Howard won the NL MVP.

Rocky Murrant, Yankees, beat me out for the AL Cy Young. Those last 2 starts cost me. He finished the year 18-3 with a 3.05 ERA. Agustin Rosales, Yankees, won the Rolaids Relief Award with 57 saves. Boston had 4 guys win Gold Gloves: Youkilis, Pedroia, Jacoby, and David DeJesus. Cleveland won 3.

Cleveland beat the Dodgers in 7 games in the World Series. They beat the Yankess in 3 in the first round and beat the Angels in 7 in the 2nd round. The Angels beat the Red Sox in 5 in the first round. The Dodgers swept both of their opponents in getting to the WS. I'll need to take a closer look at the Dodgers as well..

Pablo Sandoval won the WS MVP. He hit .370 with 1 HR and 6 RBI's.

Corey Hart won the Playoff MVP Award. He hit .351 with 4 HR's and 18 RBI.

The Hall of Fame Class was announced:

SP John Smoltz 238-161, 3.33 ERA, 3377 K.
1B Frank Thomas .300, 521 HR, 1707 RBI.
CP Trevor Hoffman, 58-71, 603 S, 2.79 ERA, 1110 K.
CP Billy Wagner 41-39, 385 S, 2.55 ERA, 1107 K.

Due to game crashing, had to re-sim the post season and Cleveland still won the World Series. This time in 5.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-04-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #367
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Notable Retirements:

Wow. Chris Young decided to hang them up! I guess the White Sox will be bidding even harder for me now. They also lost Kelvim Escobar to retirement which was expected.

1B Kevin Youkilis, Bos
RF Vlad, Yankees
3B Chone Figgins, Det
CF Coco Crisp, KC
CP Jonathan Papelbon, Angels (hmm, that just dropped them down a bit in my rankings)
CF Shane Victorino, Phillies (ditto)
SP Roy Oswald, Houston
2B Orlando Hudson, Cards
LF Matt Holiday, Dodgers
Old 07-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #368
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 1, 2016 -

Edit due to reason below:

NO!! I remember reading about this from other people (Sun Tzu, I think). The game just froze as I went to the league roundup on Jan 1, 2017. I haven't saved. Therefore, disregard the last few posts if you have already read them. I'm deleting them now.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-04-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #369
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 13, 2016 -

(This is a re-do of the offseason due to game crashing):

The first day that I'm a FA, I get offered 3 monster contracts. 1 of them is very tempting:

The Indians offer me 154 million over 8 years.

The Royals (surprising - they did this before as well but not as long or as much money) offer me 8 years for 173 million.

The Mets offer me 7 years for 166 million.

I'm tempted to jump on that offer by the Indians, but I'm going to play the field a bit longer.

The Braves made a bold move and signed David Wright for 3 years and 54 million.

The Phillies kept Cole Hamels by giving him 9 years for 200 million!

Nov 22, 2016 -

Playing the field and the Angels have just jumped in with an offer of 4 years for 82 million. The Indians have sweetened their offer to 5 years and 105 million.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #370
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 1, 2016 -

The Red Sox have just added Prince Fielder for 5 years and 77 million. If they re-sign Jacoby, they would be my top destination, but they need to make me an offer soon or I'm going to sign with the Indians.

The Royals moved on from me and made 2 bold moves signing Brett Myers to 4 years and 38 million and getting Zack Greinke from Boston for 5 years and 68 million. You'd think that would make Boston come after me..

Dec 3, 2016 -

The Indians have gotten tired of waiting for me. They have withdrawn their offer. The same day the Red Sox have offered me 4 years and 90 million. I'll kick myself for not taking the Indians deal if the Red Sox fail to re-sign Jacoby, but I'm going to sign with them in a few days unless the Indians make a new offer.

Dec 5, 2016 -

I decide to enter into serious negotiations with the Red Sox as I don't think they will wait much more for me to leave them hanging. I just hope they re-sign Jacoby as well. They tell me that they are committed to at least a 200 million dollar budget and may go as high as 250 million.

We negotiate back and forth and finally settle on a 4 year deal for 98 million with a club option. I'm a Red Sox! I hope I can do better against the Yankees in my future starts.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #371
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 31, 2016 -

This will be the last offseason update due to that crash bug. Hopefully, I can get through 2017 without incident as long as I don't go to that screen. I'll just have to figure out where the big FA's who haven't signed yet go by using the roster screen.

Right after the Red Sox signed me, they signed Adam Wainwright for 4 year and 42 million. They reloaded their pitching staff after those losses. They also have re-signed David DeJesus.

The Yankees re-signed Mark for 2 years and 32 million.

Jacoby hasn't signed anywhere yet, he is making me nervous. I hope to see him at Spring Training.

Yes, Jacoby re-signed for 80 million over 4 years. (from looking at the spring training roster screen)

Feb 26, 2017 -

An overview of my new teammates from what I've seen so far and what I've heard:

SP Brandon Webb is starting to show his age a bit, but he is still good for 15-20 wins any year. 17-5 last year despite a 4.54 ERA. He has a great change.

2B Pedroia - Will hit for a high average, but not a lot of power. Good speed, great fielder.

1B Prince Fielder - Great power at age 31. Ok fielder. He has developed a good eye. He hit .318 with 36 HR's last year.

CF Jacoby Ellsbury - Great speed, great hitter, great fielder. Not much power, but he'll hit for a very good average. Last year was his lowest average in 5 years, but he still hit .285 with 13 HR's and 74 steals.

LF Felix Pineda - Only 24. Last year was his first as a starter. He hit .328 with 13 HR's. He'll always hit for a high average and is expected to develop plus power. He has good speed and great instincts in the field. Between him and Jacoby, they will make some great plays in the outfield.

Our rotation is absolutely stacked with 6 quality starters:

Myself, Webb, Lester, Wainwright, Josh Beckett, and Ben Sheets.

Francisco Rodriguez is 34 and is still an elite closer. 5 plus pitches.

1B Paul Konerko - Still a quality hitter at age 39. May play some in the field and DH some, I'd expect.

LF David DeJesus - 36 years old but still has good wheels and great instincts in the field. Will play for us in right quite a bit. Every outfielder in our top 5 has good fielding and speed which was one of the top reasons I wanted this team.

SS Mohamed Fowler may be a bigger negative than I anticipated. He's a below average fielder but does have good speed on the bases.

April 1, 2017 -

Not that it necessarily means anything, but we dominated the grapefruit league and finished 1st with a 25-10 record. We scored the most runs with 204! We also allowed the fewest in the league. Fielder absolutely tore it up with the protection around him in the lineup. He had 8 homers and hit .400.

I had a very good spring with a 5-1 record and a 2.95 ERA. I struck out 42 in 44 innings. I really worked on my splitter with the pitching coach and think it has become a high quality pitch now. I'm expected to be the ace of this staff and I've been named the opening day starter.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #372
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 3, 2017 -

I'm starting the season opener/home opener tonight and we are hosting the Twins. They have Carlos Zambrano starting. Their lineup is essentially unchanged from last year.

Our lineup is unexpected slightly as Dwain Hayden won the right fielder job in spring training and young Rodrigo Garza won the 3rd base job:

CF Jacoby Ellsbury
LF Felix Pineda
2B Dustin Pedroia
1B Prince Fielder
C Dioner Navarro
DH David DeJesus (I'd put him in right field personally)
SS Mohamed Fowler
RF Dwain Hayden - an average hitter and defender from what I saw in spring training
3B Rodrigo Garza

Pedroia with a brilliant play to get to a ball up the middle and then recovers and throws out the leadoff runner, Brett Gardner! Morneau with a single up the middle that Pedroia barely missed. Gary hits into a 6-4-3 DP to end the 1st.

I strike out Wiki Macias with a 1-2 slider for the 1st out of the 2nd. Nice play by Garza at 3rd for the 2nd out. Jacoby with a nice catch of a shallow liner for the 3rd out.

Crud. Morneau hits a 3-2 change to right field for a 2 run homer in the 3rd.

I strike out Macias with a way outside 0-2 fastball to start the 4th. I strike out Iannetta with a 1-2 inside fastball to end the inning. Come on guys, let's get some offense going.

After being held hitless through 3 innings, we get it going. Jacoby with a double. Pineda knocks him in and DeJesus knocks in Pineda. 2-2.

Fielder flashing some nice leather in the 5th. 1-2-3 5th.

1-2-3 6th that ends with another nice play by Fielder. He doesn't have much range, but he gets anything within a step or two of him even if it is hard.

I strike out Macias again, this time with a 1-2 inside fastball to start the 7th inning. 1-2-3 7th. Come on guys, score again...

It's still tied at 2 after 7 and I'm pulled after 7. We score 1 in the bottom of the 8th which is the winning margin, 3-2.

Justin Masterson gets the win in the pen. Francisco gets his 1st save of the year.

7 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #373
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 8, 2017 -

We won 3 of 4 vs Minnesota and won yesterday in Kansas City. We are 4-1 as I prepare to start our 2nd game in Kansas City. They have added some pitching, but their offense still isn't that strong. They are starting Tom Gorzelanny tonight.

Their lineup:

2B Fidel Collazo
3B Burl Ottavino
1B Billy Butler
LF Milo Pratt
DH Jason Kubel
RF Mark Teahan
C Adrian Borchard
SS Felipe Lopez
CF Rajai Davis

Our lineup (I like the moves we made tonight)

CF Jacoby
LF Felix
2B Dustin
1B Prince
DH Paul Konerko (yes to more power!)
SS Mohamed Fowler
RF Carlos Gomez (yes to more speed and defense)
C Dioner
3B Rodrigo (flashed some nice leather in my 1st start, so I like him.)

Jacoby made a catch for the 2nd out of the 1st that only a few others could have made. Great long running catch in the right center gap. Prince with a nice defensive play to end the inning.

Fielder with a solo homer in the 2nd and then Dioner with a 2 RBI double. 3-0 lead.

With 1 out, Kubel hits a long fly down the left field line, Felix is racing over, dives, and just misses it. It becomes a triple as a result. I walk Teahan to set up the double play. I get the grounder from Borchard but it is well hit and gets in between the 5-6 gap. Lopez with a single just past our third baseman. Bases loaded with 1 out. Rajai hits it to right for the sac fly. Good throw by Gomez but it was just a second late. Sigh. Collazo with a line drive to left that falls just before Felix can catch it and drives in a run. I get Burl to ground out to 3rd to end the inning. Tied at 3 after 2.

Butler grounds out to Prince to start the 3rd. Milo flies out to deep center but Jacoby gets back easily. I strike out Kubel with a 1-2 slider to end the inning.

Tied at 3 after 4 innings.

YES! The offense explodes in the 5th. RBI's by Jacoby, Pedroia, Fielder, Gomez, and Dioner. 8-3 lead.

My stuff isn't there tonight, but I get a 5-4-3 DP to end the 5th. Great turn by Pedroia.

I strike out Kubel with a 1-2 outside fastball to start the 6th. I really used my slider there to set him up. Teahan with a long drive of 1-1 slider but Gomez does a good job racing back and catching it at the warning track. Dioner is great at blocking balls in the dirt, will really give me the confidence to throw my splitter more. Speaking of which, I strike out Borchard with a 2-2 splitter down low to end the 6th.

Lopez draws a walk to start the 7th. Gary comes to the mound and pulls me after that. Wes Littleton comes into the game. He's pitched 1.1 innings with 0 earned runs so far this year.

Sigh. Wes allows the inherited run to score and then allows 4 more to score for good measure. We lose the game 9-8.

6 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #374
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 12, 2017 -

We win 3 of 4 after that loss including 2 of 3 vs Cleveland. Heh, it's very early in the season but the White Sox are 3rd in runs scored while we are 16th as a team. I'm sure (at least I hope) that will change with a bigger sample size. Jacoby has had a slow start, so once he gets going, I'm sure our offense will be more consistent.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #375
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 13, 2017 -

Tonight, I get the start at Cleveland. Hopefully, their hitters won't make me regret not choosing them. We are 7-3 and they are 6-4. Their offense is in the bottom half of most categories early as they have relied on pitching and defense for the first 2 weeks. Brian Roberts is starting at short tonight which worries me a bit.

Konerko is starting at 1st tonight as Fielder is getting a day off.

Jacoby starts off the game with a walk, a steal, and then a run as DeJesus knocks him in. 1-0 lead.

1-2-3 to start the 1st as Sizemore flies out to left center where Jacoby catches it easily.

Jacoby with a 2 RBI double in the 2nd. 3-0 lead. He knocked in Garza and Gomez.

Roberts with a throwing error in the 2nd to put their first base runner on with 1 out. Peralta with a hard hit down the left field line. Men on 1st and 3rd now. My fastball just isn't moving well tonight. Norwood with a RBI single into right field. Sandoval with a sac fly to center. Roberts with a very good play at short to end the inning on a hard grounder by Schartner. We are up 3-2 after 2.

I strike out Corey Hart with a 1-2 splitter to start the 3rd. My splitter has some real bite to it tonight. My fastball continues to show no movement. Lorenz drills it into left field for a single. Sizemore hits a splitter into left field for a double. Men on 2nd and 3rd as Gomez played it well off the wall. I strike out Davila with a 2-2 splitter for the 2nd out. I strike out Dittfurth with a 2-2 splitter!

I strike out Norwood with a 3-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 4th. Konerko with a diving catch of a line drive to end the inning! I'm starting to get a good feel for my fastball now.

Jacoby with a double in the 5th and DeJesus knocks him in again. 4-2 game with Jacoby scoring or knocking in every run.

Konerko with a 2 run homer in the 7th. 6-2 lead.

I strike out Hart with a 1-2 slider to end the 7th. Gary decides to go the pen for the 8th inning. We win the game 6-3. Buchholz allows 1 run in the 8th, but Francisco pitches a perfect 9th for his 5th save of the year.

I get my 1st win as a Red Sox!

7 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #376
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 17, 2017 -

Felix Pineda has suffered a dislocated ankle and is done for the year. Right after his injury, we went on a 3 game losing streak against Texas. I feel good about Gomez in left, but the morale in the club house definitely took a bit of a blow. We are now 9-6 which is a half of a game behind the Yankees. Our offense is really starting to pick it up the last few games, but the pitching has let us down as we lost 9-6 and 5-4, specifically the middle relief has been a bit of a mess early. Ben Sheets is not doing well as a long reliever so far. Enrique Gonzalez has been a disaster early. However, Taylor Buchholz is doing great as a setup man and Francisco has been lights out so far.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #377
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 19, 2017 -

Tonight, I start at home vs Texas. They are 7-6. I'll be much more careful of Hargrove this game compared to the last time I faced him. There really is something magical about the surrounding of Fenway.

My splitter gets Leroy Hammer to hit into a 6-4-3 DP after allowing a leadoff single in the 1st.

No strikeouts yet, but I'm in complete control through 4 with most pitches being kept in the infield.

In the 5th, I get my first strikeout with a 2-2 slider against Buddy Theriot.

Garza with a solo homer in the 6th. 1-0 lead.

I walk JC Siegel to start the 7th and Gary pulls me after that. Eustice Gonzalez allows the inherited run to score. SOB. There goes my win. We score 2 in the bottom of the 7th and win it 3-2 despite Francisco giving up a run in the 9th. Gonzalez gets his 1st win and Francisco gets his 7th save of the year.

6 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #378
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 24, 2017 -

We are on a 5 game winning streak. I hope to coninue that in Chicago as I visit my old club for the first time. We are 14-6. They are 8-10 as their offense is struggling to score runs in the last week. We lead our division by 2.5 games.

Konerko with a 2 RBI double to knock in Jacoby and Dustin in the 1st. 2-0 lead as I take the mound for the first time.

Owens tries to bunt for a hit to start the game, but I field it cleanly and throw him out. Cano flies out to DeJesus in left for the 2nd out. I get Whaley to pop up a 1-1 slider to end the inning.

Dunn chases an outside fastball but he flares it just over Garza's head for a bloop single. A slider turns into a wild pitch and advances Dunn to 2nd. Wow. A 1-2 fastball is too high and is scored a wild pitch. My normal catcher isn't back there and I thought that was a passed ball. I strike out Alexei with a 3-2 slider for the 1st out. I strike out Budde with a 3-2 slider. I've got a great feel for that pitch today. Burnitz flies out to right to end the inning.

I strike out Aybar with high heat to begin the 3rd. I strike Paulino out with a 3-2 slider!

Estalella, our catcher, with a 2 RBI double in the 4th. 4-0 lead as he drove in Garza and Roberts.

I strike out Dunn with an outside 0-2 fastball to end the 4th.

Garza knocks in Fowler in the 5th. 5-0 lead.

Budde with a single to start the 5th after fighting off 8 pitches. Jacoby chases a deep line drive to center and almost makes a spectacular catch but it bounces off the tip of his glove. Double for Burnitz. Aybar with a sac fly to right. I strike out Paulino with a 1-2 slider to end the inning.

Konerko with a 3 RBI double in the 6th. We score 4 total in the inning to make it 9-1.

Gary pulls me after 6 strong innings in which I threw close to 100 (well 92 to be precise) pitches. We win the game 9-1. Wes Littleton pitched the final 3 innings and got his 1st save as a result. I get my 2nd win of the year.

6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:41 PM   #379
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 29, 2017 -

We are 17-8. We beat the Yankees last night in the 1st of a 3 game series. I hope to make it 2 of 3 tonight as I'm starting against Chien-Ming Wang. Hopefully, I'll handle their hitters better than I did last time. I think I've got a new philosophy that is going to help me get more strikeouts and avoid more big innings.

Reyes grounds a 0-2 slider to 3rd for the 1st out of the game. Utley grounds a 1-0 splitter back to me for the 2nd out. I strike out Mark with a 3-2 fastball on the outside corner to end the inning.

Fielder with a 3 run homer in the 1st. DeJesus and Dustin scored on the play. 3-0 lead after 1.

I strike out their young catcher, Timmy Surhoff, with a 2-2 inside fastball to start the 2nd. I walk Headley on 4 pitches. Rico Estrada flies out to center for the 2nd out. Dorsey Kattaras, their right fielder, flies out to center to end the inning.

Melky Cabrera lays off a good 3-2 slider and draws a walk to start the 3rd. With 1 outs, Reyes gets an infield single. Men on 1st and 2nd. Utley flies out to Jacoby who races back to catch it for the 2nd out. Reyes tries to steal 2nd and is gunned down by Dioner to end the inning.

Dustin throws the ball away to start the 4th. That puts Mark on 2nd. I strike out Timmy again with a 1-2 inside fastball. I walk Chase. A 3-1 fastball to Rico misses and loads the bases. Whew. A 2-1 splitter gets Katteras to hit into a 4-6-3 DP to end the inning.

I strike out Willy Taveras with a low 0-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 5th. Reyes flies out to left to end the inning.

Chase flies out to center on the first pitch. On a 2-0 change, Mark grounds out to short. Timmy hits a first pitch slider past Fowler for a single. Fielder with a great snag of a line drive by Chase to end the inning.

1-2 slider gets Rico to strike out to start the 7th. Kottaras with a grounder back up the middle for a single. He promptly gets thrown out trying to steal 2nd. Cabrera grounds out to Fielder to end the inning.

Roberts with an RBI and Jacoby with 2 in the 7th. 6-0 lead.

Taveras draws a walk to begin the 8th. Reyes with a single to left. Gary pulls me after that and I can't blame him, I've thrown 105 pitches and my arm is tiring fast tonight. He gives it to Buchholz who has done well, but he allows both inherited runs to score.

We win it 7-2. I get my 3rd win of the year.

7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 5 BB, 5 K. I'm very satisfied with this win after how they beat me up last year.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #380
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1, 2017 -

We just completed a sweep of the Yankees and the clubhouse is a blast right now. We are 19-8 and 3.5 games ahead of Toronto.

The offense is 3rd in team batting average with Dustin and Fowler both flirting with .400. We are 5th in runs scored. We are 16th in homers hit. We are 3rd in stolen bases with Jacoby already having 10.

Our pitching staff is 1st in ERA with Jon Lester leading the way with a 1.29 ERA. We are 1st in Complete Games as Lester has 2 and Webb has 1. We are 1st in saves. We are 3rd in hits allowed. We are 3rd in HR's allowed. We are 2nd in strikeouts. Lester leads the team with 30, but I and Webb are right behind him.

I felt some pressure with the big contract, and I think I've shaken that off to have an excellent first month:

3-0, 2.31 ERA, 6 GS, 5 QS, 39 IP, 24 H, 12 R, 10 ER, 1 HR, 11 BB, 24 K, 0.90 WHIP, .140 vs RH, .207 vs LH.

My new philosophy is to work the corners much more and waste more pitches to try to set up weak hits and strikeouts. In previous years, I've thrown too many pitches that were in the strike zone. So far, I'd say it is working very well, as I've primarily done this the last 3 starts.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 4, 2017 -

Tonight, I get the start against the Angels who are struggling early. They are 13-15 with offensive stats in the bottom 10 in most categories.

Cotts manages to draw a leadoff walk after fouling off a 3 3-2 pitches. Kendrick pops to 1st on a shattered bat. Dioner throws out Cotts on a steal attempt. Miguel Cabrera hits a 2-0 outside slider weakly to 3rd for the 3rd out.

Mike Napoli strikes out on a 3-2 fastball to start the 2nd. Hamilton flies out to Jacoby for the 2nd out. They have Carlos Quentin now.. He draws a walk as a 3-2 slider misses outside. Harry Magruder strikes out on a 3-2 fastball to end the inning.

Michael Cuddyer strikes out on a 1-2 low fastball to start the 3rd. Placido Cavazos strikes out on a 3-2 fastball. Cotts grounds out to short to end the inning.

Jacoby with a RBI in the 4th and then Konerko hits a 3 run homer. 4-0 lead.

Kendrick starts off the 4th with a single up the middle, that is the first hit I've given up today. Cabrera hits a 0-2 splitter to the wall in center but Jacoby puts it away. Napoli hits a first pitch slider to right field for a 2 run homer. That is his 8th homer of the year. Hamilton hits a 1-2 high fastball weakly to left. Quentin flies out to left to end the inning.

Konerko with another 3 run homer! 7-2 lead.

Magruder argues a call at 1st to start the 5th and gets himself ejected. 1-2-3 5th.

Garza with a diving stop and throw from his knees to start the 6th with an out. Kendrick with an infield single. Cabrera hits it into the right center gap, and I'm convinced no other centerfielder makes the catch that Jacoby just made. Love his defense. I walk Napoli. Hamilton grounds out to short to end the inning.

Quentin starts the 7th with a single past Fowler. Garza with a leaping catch of a line drive to end the inning.

Cotts starts the 8th with a double off a 2-2 slider. My arm is almost out of gas. Gary pulls me. Buchholz allows the inherited run and 1 more to score, but we win the game 7-4.

I get my 4th win.

7 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 10, 2017 -

Tonight, I'm starting at home against Toronto. They are 19-15. We are 25-10.

Teddy Nash fouls off a few pitches before drawing a 10 pitch walk to start the game. Tovar with a first pitch single to left to put men on 1st and 2nd. Maurice Goodrich hits a 1st pitch past Fielder for a RBI single into right. Emilio Alcantatra hits into a 4-3 DP as Dustin tags the runner going by. Carlos Lee hits a 1-1 slider to deep left for a solo homer. I'm pissed at myself now. I strike out Armstrong with a 2-2 splitter to end the inning. Down 3-0.

I strike out Nunez with a 1-2 slider to start the 2nd. I strike out Roland Hood with a 1-2 fastball to end the 2nd.

Nash draws a 8 pitch walk to start the 3rd. The next 3 batters all fly out.

Lee with a single to start the 4th. Struck out Armstrong with a 2-2 fastball. Nunez with a 2 out single to right. Men on 1st and 3rd now. Hood grounds out to Dustin to end the inning.

Struck out Alcantara with a 1-2 fastball to end the 5th. Still down 3-0.

Gary pulls me after 5 today.

We tie it in the 6th and DeJesus hits a grandslam in the 8th to give us the final score of 7-3.

5 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #383
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 15, 2017 -

We are on a 7 game winning streak. Time for me to keep it going at home vs Detroit. We are 30-10 and 6 games ahead of the Rays (and 8 games ahead of the Yankees.) They are 15-23.

Doerr gets a leadoff walk as my 3-2 fastball misses just inside. A 3-6-1 DP takes care of that. I strike out Curtis Granderson with a 0-2 outside fastball to end the inning.

I strike out Guy Harville with a 3-2 change to start the 2nd. Jason Pridie hits a 1-1 high outside fastball and puts a real charge into it - Homer over the monster. Back to back singles has me in trouble.. Dwain Hayden with a spectacular catch in right for the 2nd out. The runner advances to 3rd. Fowler bobbles a hard grounder but recovers and guns it to 1st to barely beat the runner and get us out of the inning. Down 1-0.

Estalella with a 2 run homer in the 3rd. 2-1 lead.

In the 4th, they managed to load the bases with 2 outs, but I struck out Robinzon Diaz with a 2-2 fastball to end the inning.

In the 5th, Curtis Granderson hits a 1-0 change to deep center to tie the game.

Jason Pridie with a ball high off the Green Monster in the 6th. That gets him a leadoff triple. After getting a popup to 1st, I purposefully walk Ian Stewart. Valentino Valentine hits a shallow linedrive to center and Jacoby makes a brilliant running shoestring catch! The runner isn't even going to test him on that. Shit. I get squeezed on my first 2 pitches and then give up a RBI single down the left field line to their #9 hitter, Diaz. Doerr grounds out to end the inning. I'm out of gas.

Come on guys, get us the lead before I have to leave the game..

We lose the game 5-3 and I get my first loss of the year.

6 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #384
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 20, 2017 -

Tonight, I get the start against Washington at their field. I'm looking forward to trying to bat again. Jacoby is getting a night off tonight.

We take a 2-0 lead on a homer by Fielder in the 1st. That is his 16th home run of the year.

I strike out Upton looking at a 1-2 curve to start the game! I think that is the first time I've ever struck anyone out with my curve. Next batter hits a 1-1 curve up the middle for a single. Zimmerman hits a 1-1 fastball to deep left and DeJesus misjudges it. It is a double. Men on 2nd and 3rd as it looked like it would be caught. Gomez grounds out to short but scores a run. I strike out Adam Saarloos with a 0-2 slider to end the inning.

I strike out Zimmerman with a 0-2 splitter to end the 3rd.

After allowing a leadoff double, I get the next batter to ground to 1st and then I strike out Ben Zorbist, their SS, with a 1-2 slider. A fly ball to Gomez in center ends the inning.

I got a single in the 5th as I hit a ground ball just out of their 2B's range, but my teammates couldn't knock me in.

I strike out Saarloos with a 0-2 outside fastball to end the 6th.

I give up a 1 out single in the 7th. Gary goes to the pen and brings in Enrique Gonzalez. He gets us out of the inning, but Buchholz gives up a run in the 8th and then steals my win after we score 5 in the 9th. 7-2 win.

6.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 26, 2017 -

Tonight, I'm starting against the Rays. We are 36-14 and they are 28-20. B.J. Upton is hitting the best for them this year with a .321 avg and 6 HR's.

Fielder and Dioner with RBI's in the 1st. 2-0 lead.

I strike out Jason Wood with a 2-2 change for the 1st out of the 3rd.

I strike out Joe Inglett with a 2-2 slider for the 1st out of the 4th. Upton hits an inside the park homer high off the Green Monster after DeJesus misplays it! I come back and strike out Pena with a 1-2 slider.

Garza with a 2 run homer in the 4th. That is his 12th. He's hitting well and playing very well at 3rd. 4-1 lead.

Garza with a good defensive play to start the 5th. I strike out Darnell Buscher with a 0-2 change for the 2nd out.

Pereira starts off the 6th with a double down the left field line. Inglett grounds to 3rd where Garza looks the runner back and throws the ball to 1st for the out. Dioner throws out Pereira on an attempt to steal 3rd. Garza handles a hot grounder to end the inning.

Pena with a single and Jason Bay with a double to start the 7th. I intentionally walk Matt Joyce to set up the DP/Force. Gary pulls me after that! Justin Masterson comes into the game.. he gets out of the inning only allowing 1 inherited run to score.

We win the game 6-3. I get my 5th win!

6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #386
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 2017 -

Tonight, I get the start at home vs the Angels. Josh Hamilton is their most dangerous hitter.

Kendrick draws a 1 out walk in the 1st, but I get all of the other batters to fly out.

Hamilton with a single to left center to start the 2nd. I strike Cuddyer with a 0-2 slider for the 2nd out of the 2nd.

Cotts with a 1 out walk in the 3rd, then he steals 2nd, and then comes home on a single by Kendrick to left field. I strike out Miguel Cabrera with a 1-2 fastball. Mike Napoli strikes out looking at a 2-2 splitter on the outside corner.

Jacoby and Konerko each with a RBI in the 3rd and Swan with 2 of them. 4-1 lead.

Ouch. Magruder hits a 3-1 splitter that hung a bit over the Monster.

Crud. Kendrick hits a 2 run homer to tie it in the 5th off a 2-1 fastball. Mike Napoli makes it back to back homers! He crushed that ball and sent it WAY over the Monster. I strike out Magruder looking with a 2-2 slider.

We take the lead in the bottom of the 5th, 6-5. Gary pulls me to start the 6th. I'm surprised as the pen holds the lead, until Francisco blows the save by allowing a 2 run homer in the 9th. We lose 7-6.

5 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #387
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 2, 2017 -

After a hot start, I feel like I'm slumping a bit and the team has been letting up a bit as well. We were 30-10, but we are now 38-18. We are 4 games ahead of the Rays. Our offense is in the top 5 in most offensive categories.

We are 1st in ERA, 1st in saves, 21st in blown saves as Francisco has now blown 2 and we've blown 9 as a team, 1st in HR's allowed (despite that last game), and 7th in strikeouts.

My stats so far: 5-1, 2.91 ERA, 12 GS, 9 QS, 74.1 IP, 60 H, 29 R, 24 ER, 8 HR, 24 BB, 49 K, 1.13 WHIP, .206 vs RH, .242 vs LH.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #388
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 6, 2017 -

Tonight, I'm starting at Texas vs Daniel Cabrera. He is 4-1 and is the clear ace of their staff.

Dioner knocks in DeJesus and Konerko with a double. Then, he gets knocked in by Fowler. 3-0 before I even take the mound.

I strike out Jarrod Saltalamacchia looking at a 1-2 curve on the outside corner for the 1st out of the 2nd. Trouble in the 2nd as I give up a single, walk a guy, and then a 1-1 fastball hits Royster in the leg to load the bases. I get Arnold Girard to pop up a 1-1 slider for the 2nd out. Joaquin Arias hits a blazing line drive that barely goes over Garza's head for a 2 RBI single. The next batter flies out to left to end the inning.

I strike out Trammell with a 2-2 inside fastball for the 1st out of the 3rd. I strike out Teagarden with a 2-2 high inside fastball to end the 3rd.

I strike out Jarrod with a 2-2 slider to start the 4th. I strike out Royster with a 0-2 high fastball to end the 4th.

I strike out Arias with a 1-2 high fastball to start the 5th. I think the pitching coach may have finally figured out my issues with the lack of strikeouts that I think I should have.

I strike out Jarrod with a low 1-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 6th. He's got the hat trick! I strike out Theriot with a 3-2 fastball to get out of the inning.

Roster starts off the 7th with a bloop single down the right field line. Gary pulls me after that. He turns to Gonzalez who promptly gives up a 2 run homer. We lose the game 4-3.

6 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 8 K.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #389
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 11, 2017 -

Today, we are hosting the Mets who have won the first 2 games of this 3 game series. The top of their lineup is dangerous with Rollins having an excellent start to the year. However, the pitching has let them down. They are 27-37. We are 42-23.

Rollins with an infield single to start the game. Edgar Nieves with a single to shallow center, but Gomez gets to it early and keeps the men at 1st and 2nd. Dioner throws out Rollins attempting to steal 3rd! Rios flies out to left for the 2nd out. Chris Duncan pops up to 3rd to end the inning.

Konerko with a 2 run homer in the 2nd. 2-0 lead.

For the first time ever, I threw all 5 pitches to a batter in a single at bat, including a 2-2 changeup that struck out Chris Burke for the 2nd out of the 3rd.

It took 9 pitches, but I finally strike out Franklin Gutierrez after allowing a leadoff double to Isidro Hernandez in the 5th. I strike out Montero with a 1-2 curve on the outside corner for the 2nd out! The final batter grounds out to Dustin to end the inning.

Garza with a 2 run homer in the 5th. 4-0 lead.

Fowler with an error in the 6th allows Rollins to get on.. they score it an infield single!?! Nieves with a single to center.. Gomez with a great throw to 3rd, but Rollins somehow evades the tag! Rios with a bloop RBI single down the right field line. Chris Duncan hits a 0-1 slider right at Garza who starts the 5-4-3 DP to get us out of the inning!

I strike out Franklin for the 1st out of the 7th after hitting Hernandez to start the inning. Dioner throws out Hernandez attempting to steal 2nd. The last batter grounds out to Roberts at short.

Gary pulls me after 7. Not the big strikeouts I wanted, but a very good game otherwise. I get my 6th win of the year, as we win it 4-1. Francisco gets his 21st save.

7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #390
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 17, 2017 -

Tonight, I'm getting the start in Philly. We are 45-25. They have 2 dangerous hitters and the rest of the lineup is average or worse.

Troy Tulowitski grounds out to short to start the game. Chet Cates draws a 8 pitch walk. I get Ryan Howard to pop up a 3-1 fastball. Keneth Sirkoski pops up a 2-2 curve to end the inning.

After getting the 1st out of the 2nd, I handle a comeback by Nelson Cruz but throw it over Fielder's head. He's on 2nd on my error. Austin Kearns grounds out to 3rd for the 2nd out. I strike out Jesus Flores with a 2-2 high fastball to end the inning.

Scott Kazmir pops up my 1st pitch of the 3rd. After getting the next batter to ground out to short, Chet draws a walk again. I walk Howard on 4 straight pitches. Keneth grounds out to Dustin to end the inning.

I strike out Franquelis Arnez with a low 1-2 fastball to start the 4th. 1-2-3 4th.

I strike out Jesus Flores with a 2-2 slider to start the 5th. 1-2-3 5th. I have the no hitter going through 5.

Chet Cates hits the first pitch of the 6th to right field for a single. I strike out Howard with a 3-2 slider. With men on 1st and 2nd and 2 outs, I strike out Nelson Cruz with a 2-2 splitter to end the inning.

Flores draws a walk with 1 out in the 7th. Kazmir bunts the runner to 2nd. Troy with a RBI single that is just out of Dustin's reach. Chet flies out to right to end the inning.

Come on guys, get me the lead in the top of the 8th..

Scott Kazmir pitches 8 shutout innings and Jonathan Braxton pitches a perfect 9th. We lose the game 3-0.

My record drops to 6-2.

7 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 5 BB, 5 K.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #391
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 23, 2017 -

Tonight, I get the start at home vs the Florida Marlins. We are 47-28. They are 28-44. Their best hitter is Dan uggla.

After giving up a leadoff single, Hank Blalock hits a very good 2-2 slider to right field for a 2 run homer. The next 3 hitters all ground out. Down 2-0.

I strike out Brignac with a high 0-2 fastball to end the 2nd inning.

Esalella with a 2 run homer to tie it in the 2nd.

With men on 1st and 3rd and 1 out in the 3rd, Garza misplays a grounder and it rolls under his glove for a RBI single. It was a tough play, but he should have handled it. I strike out Booker with a 2-2 slider for the 2nd out of the inning. I strike out Alfonso Sousa with a 0-2 splitter to end the inning.

I strike out Gonzalez with a 3-2 fastball to start the 4th. Roberts with a throwing error from short to allow the next runner to get to 2nd, but I get the next 2 batters to ground out to end the inning.

Crap. After allowing a lead off walk to Blalock, I hit Uggla with a 0-2 fastball. Nickle with a single past Dustin. Blalock barely beats the throw home to make it 4-2. A ground out to 3rd gets us our first out. I can't believe it, the Marlins are destroying me. Sousa with a 2 RBI single to right center. Gary pulls me after that.

We lose the game 7-6 in the 16th inning.

4.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 1 BB, 4 K. Very disappointing.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #392
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

June 28, 2017 -

Tonight, I start at home vs Baltimore and the ace of their staff, Gregory Andrus. He is 5-3 with a 3.44 ERA. I'm now 6-2 with a 3.19. We are 49-31. They are 33-47.

I strike out Markakis with a 3-2 fastball after hitting Adam Jones with the 1st pitch to start the game. With 2 outs, Fowler with a throwing error to allow men to get to 2nd and 3rd.

I strike out Conor Jackson with a 1-2 change to start the 2nd inning. I strike oiut Reinaldo Rosen with a 3-2 slider for the 2nd out.

I strike Ryan Raburn out with a 2-2 slider to start the 3rd. I strike out Quinton Lacey with a 2-2 fastball to end the inning.

I strike out Saucedo with a 1-2 fastball to start the 4th. I strike out Luigi Quevedo with a 1-2 fastball for the 2nd out. I strike out Conor Jackson with a 1-2 fastball to end the inning.

Konerko with a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 4th to give us the lead.

Rosen with the first hit off me to lead off the 5th. He hit a 1-2 change back up the middle. Gotay hits into a 6-4-3 that was started by a very good play by Fowler. I strike out Raburn with a high 1-2 fastball to end the inning.

Dustin with a 2 RBI double in the 5th and then Konerko knocks him in. 5-0 lead.

I strike out Adam Jones with a 1-2 fastball that was high and inside. I strike Saucedo out with a high 1-2 fastball to end the inning. That is a new career high, 11 strikeouts!

I'm definitely tiring and I struggle a bit through the 7th but never let a runner past 2nd.

Konerko knocks in Dustin again in the 7th. 6-0 lead.

I get 2 strikes on Raburn to start the 8th, but can't finish him off. He hits a 2-2 slider into left for a single. I strike Adam Jones with an outside 1-2 fastball for the 1st out of the inning. Markakis draws his 2nd walk of the game. My arm is dead as I've thrown 133 pitches. Gary pulls me despite the shutout being a possibility.

We win the game 10-0 as I get my 7th win of the year.

7.1 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 12 K. Tonight, I had my very best fastball working and felt nearly unhittable as I mixed in all of my other pitches.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #393
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 1, 2017 -

We are now 50-33 and 1 game ahead of the Yankees. The Rays are only 3.5 back and Toronto is 4 back.

Our offense is 4th in batting average. Dustin is leading the team with a .343 average but no one else is hitting above .300. We are 6th in runs scored (Cleveland is 1st.) We are 9th in homers. Fielder leads the team with 25. We are 4th in SB's. Jacoby leads MLB with 40. We are 1st with the fewest strikeouts.

Our team ERA is 1st at 3.32. We are tied for 1st in complete games and shutouts. We are 4th in homers allowed. We are 4th in walks allowed. We are 6th in strikeouts (I now lead the team with 82.)

After 3 months, I like my chances at making the All-Star team:

7-2, 2.97 ERA, 17 GS, 13 QS, 106 IP, 85 H, 40 R, 35 ER, 9 HR, 35 BB, 82 K, 1.13 WHIP, .218 vs RH, .224 vs LH.

I'm 8th in ERA among AL starters, 8th in HR's allowed, 7th in strikeouts, 6th in IP, 5th in WHIP.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #394
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 4, 2017 -

Tonight, I get the start in Baltimore. I'm looking forward to a repeat performance of my last start.

I strike out Adam Jones with a 2-2 low fastball to start the game. I strike out Markakis with a 2-2 high inside fastball. After giving up a walk to Lacey, I strike out Saucedo looking at a 2-2 fastball across the inside corner.

I strike out Gotay with a 2-2 fastball for the 1st out of the 3rd. Adam Jones hits a first pitch, curve, to left field for a 2 run homer.

They are hitting me much better today. Luigi leads off the 4th with a single to center field. I strike out Conor Jackson with a 3-2 fastball for the 1st out of the 4th.

Dustin knocks in Gomez in the 5th. Down 2-1 now.

I strike out Rosen with a 2-2 slider to start the 5th. I strike out Adam Jones with a 2-2 fastball.

Estalella with a solo homer in the 6th. Tied at 2.

I give up 2 singles to start the 6th and Gary pulls me.

Wes Littleton comes into the game. He is 1-5 with a 3.43 ERA. Come on Wes!

Sigh. Wes allows both inherited runs plus 1 more to score as he gives up a 3 run homer to Markakis. We lose the game 5-2 and I drop to 7-3.

5 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 7 K.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #395
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 9, 2017 -

I'm starting the final game before the All-Star break tonight. It's against the Yankees in the New Yankee Stadium. We've beat them the first 2 games of this series. We are 54-36. They are 51-38. Konerko is starting in left tonight!?!

I strike out Jose Reyes with an outside 0-2 fastball to start the game. It takes 9 pitches, but I strike out Chase Headley with a 3-2 slider. 22 MPH wind blowing out to right center today, so I plan on working hard for a lot of strikeouts. Mark is hitting .349 with 21 HR's. I walk him on 4 pitches. I strike out Timmy Surhoff with a 1-2 fastball to end the inning.

Garza knocks in Konerko and Fowler. 2-0 lead.

I strike out Reyes with a 0-2 change to start the 3rd. Chase gets on thanks to an error by Fielder. I strike out Mark with a 3-2 fastball to end the inning.

I strike out Rico Estrada with a 2-2 change for the 2nd out of the 4th. I strike out Brandon Phillips with an outside 1-2 slider to end the inning.

Roberts, Fielder, and Konerko with RBI's in the 5th. 5-0 lead.

Reyes with a leadoff single to left in the 6th. I strike out Chase with a 3-2 slider for the 1st out of the 6th. I strike out Mark with a 1-2 splitter for the 2nd out. Surhoff with a single that gets Reyes to 3rd. Estrada with a very hard grounder at Fielder who handles it for the 3rd out.

Phillips leads off the 7th with a single past Dustin. Katteras pops up a 1-2 slider. Melky Cabrera with a single to right. Ramon Santiago hits a 3-2 slider to deep center but Jacoby catches up to it. I strike out Reyes with a 1-2 fastball to end the inning.

Mark with a 1 out single past Fowler. I strike out Timmy Surhoff looking at a 2-2 fastball on the outside corner. Estrada hits a double down the left field line and I'm surprised the runner at 1st didn't score as Konerko lumbered to the ball. NO! I get oulled after that. Buchholz comes in and prevents either of the runners from scoring

We win the game 5-1.

7.2 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 11 K.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #396
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 11, 2017 -

I've been selected to my 2nd All-Star Game! Joba Chamberlain of the Yankees has been named the starter. He is 11-2 with a 2.28 ERA.

My teammates who made it are:

Jon Lester, RP Justin Masterson, CP Francisco Rodriguez, 1B Prince Fielder (hitting .284 with 27 HR's and 68 RBI), and 2B Dustin Pedroia (hitting .339 with 12 HR's and 61 RBI's.) Jacoby is only hitting .250, thus he didn't make the team.

Tonight's game is at Nationals Park. I hope I get into the game.

I come in to pitch the bottom of the 3rd. We are up 3-0. First up is Johan Santana. He grounds a 1-1 slider to Mark for the 1st out. Erubiel Infante of the Nationals is up next. He hits a 0-2 fastball to right field for the 2nd out. Ian Kinsler hits it hard towards 1st, Mark with a diving stop. I run over and cover for the throw from his knees.

That is it for me. I wish I had gotten a strikeout, but at least it was a nice quick hitless inning. Only 7 pitches thrown. We win it 4-2 as Francisco gets the save. Now, to get the World Series and make use of that home field advantage.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #397
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 19, 2017 -

Tonight, I'm starting against the Royals at home. I'll need to watch out for Jason Kubel, their DH.

My first pitch isn't where I wanted it and it is ripped down the right field line for a double by Collazo. I get the next batter to pop up a 3-2 fastball to shallow center. Billy Butler pops up a 3-2 fastball to shallow left. Navarro lets a 1-2 curve get by him. The runner advances to 3rd, but I strike out Milo Pratt with a 2-2 fastball on the outside corner to end the inning.

In the 2nd, after I give up 2 singles, Fielder spears a line drive for the 1st out. I follow that by striking out Mark Teahan with a 0-2 outside fastball. I strike out Borchard with a 2-2 splitter to end the inning.

It took 10 pitches, but I finally strike out Ottavino with a 2-2 fastball for the 2nd out of the 3rd. Butler goes down much easier, as he looks at a 0-2 fastball that is belt high and on the inside corner.

The first 2 batters go down easily, but I walk Kubel on 4 pitches. Izturis grounds out to end the inning. Still scoreless after 4.

In the 5th, I strike out Borchard with 3 straight fastballs for the 2nd out.

In the 6th, I strike out Butler with a high 99 MPH Fastball for the 2nd out of the inning. 1-2-3 6th. Come on guys, get some runs.

Still scoreless as I take the mound in the 7th. I strike out Enrique Manley with an inside 3-2 fastball. Dustin with a great diving stab for the 2nd out of the inning. 1-2-3 7th.

I strike out Teahan with an 0-2 slider across the inside corner to start the 8th. Still scoreless. 1-2-3 8th as I get Collazo to pop up the 1st pitch, a fastball. My arm is tiring.

Finally, we score 3 in the bottom of the 8th on a 3 run homer by Konerko.

I get the first batter to pop up a 1-1 fastball to 3rd. Butler makes it a 10 pitch at bat before he hits a 3-2 change to left center for a single. I need Milo Pratt to hit into a DP to end the inning..

I've thrown over 125 pitches and my control is fading badly. I leave a 1-1 fastball over the middle of the plate and it is hard to left for a double. Gary comes to the mound and pulls me for Francisco Rodriguez.

He allows 1 of the runs to score, but we get the 3-1 win. I get my 9th win and he gets his 29th save.

8.1 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #398
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 24, 2017 -

We are 61-39 and leading the Yankees by 3 games as I prepare for the start in Seattle tonight.

I start off by walking Jose Lopez to start the bottom of the 1st. I strike out Adam Lind with a 0-2 splitter. That makes me feel a lot calmer. Giovanni Vizquel hits a 1-1 change hard to 3rd for the 5-4-3 DP.

Cool! The Mariners have Ken Griffey, III starting for them in LF! He's hitting .280 with 20 homers this year. He chops the 1st pitch to short and beats out the throw. Hmm, guess I should focus on the batter. Anderson Speigner smacks a 1-1 slider into right center for a double. Adrian Beltre steps to the plate with 0 outs and men on 2nd and 3rd. A much needed strike out on an inside 2-2 fastball. Chris Getz is up next. I get him to strike out with a low 0-2 fastball! Huston Enfield is up next. I strike him out with a 1-2 outside fastball!

Ellsbury knocks in Garza for our 1st run in the top of the 3rd.

I strike out Lind with a 1-2 slider to end the 3rd. 1-2-3 inning.

I strike out Griffey with a 1-2 93 MPH splitter for the 2nd out of the 4th.

After giving up a lead off single in the 5th, I strike out Getz with a 0-2 fastball up and away.

I let out a huge sigh of relief as Ellsbury catches a long blast by Griffey at the center field wall to end the 6th.

DeJesus with a solo homer in the 7th to give us a 2-0 lead.

1-2-3 7th. I've only thrown 75 pitches and feel good.

I strike out Cortez with a 2-2 splitter for the 2nd out of the 8th. 1-2-3 8th.

3-0 lead in the 9th after a Fielder solo shot.

I strike out Lind for the 3rd time, this time with a low outside 0-2 fastball. Vizquel taps it back to me, but I throw it over Fielder's head for an error. The runner advances to 2nd. Griffey grounds out to Dustin on 1-1 fastball. The runner advances to 3rd. The final batter taps a 0-2 change back to me and this time the throw is good.

I get my first shut out of the year! 9 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 K.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #399
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

July 30, 2017 -

Tonight, I'm starting in Oakland. First up is Freddy Church. He flares a 1-0 fastball into left field for a single. I strike out Gwyn with an 0-2 slider. Garrett Atkins steps to the plate. He is hitting .332 with 23 homers. Church steals 2nd. Atkins grounds a 1-2 slider hard to 3rd, but Garza handles it easily, looks the runner back, and makes the throw. Jack Cust is up next. He is hitting .260 with 22 homers. He grounds a 1-0 splitter to Garza for the 3rd out.

Garza knocks in Hayden for a run in the top of the 2nd.

I strike out Gomez in the 2nd with a 1-2 high heater. I strike out Chung with a 2-2 inside fastball for the 2nd out of the 2nd. 1-2-3 2nd.

In the top of the 5, my guys put up 5 runs. 6-0 lead now.

I strike out Titus Crudale with a 0-2 slider on the outside corner to end the 5th.

My scoreless streak ends in the 6th as I give up a 2 out single to put men on 1st and 2nd and then Garrett hits it into right center for a RBI single. I get Cust to pop up a 3-2 fastball to Dustin to end the inning.

I strike out Crudale with a 3-2 fastball for the 2nd out in the 7th.

My control fails as I walk John Jaso to lead off the 8th. Dustin with a great diving stab to get the 4-6-3 DP. I get the last batter to fly out to right.

Gary pulls me after 8.

We win the game 7-1 as Buchholz pitches a perfect 9th.

8 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 R, 2 BB, 5 K.

I'm now 11-3.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #400
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice reading, after playing the "be a pro" modes in NHL10, NBA2k10 and FIFA10, i recently got back to play RTTS again as by now it keeps being the best sports RPG even not being perfect.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote