Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #251
gi
College Prospect

Apply for any plum jobs and force there hand by requesting a new contract via the board.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #252
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
Apply for any plum jobs and force there hand by requesting a new contract via the board.

I will try it and see where it gets me...

Also, I contacted the Diss Town FC and asked about shirts, because I think it's damn cool I am playing them and promoting them up through the ranks and I love the fact they are the Tangerines. They asked for my chest, height and weight and they will get back to me the cost on shipping...I am pretty excited to get this.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-16-2010 at 11:19 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 PM   #253
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Redbridge (Away, ID1N)

The next few games may be comment limited/free as I am trying to catchup.

Quote:
Redbridge profit from wasteful Tangerines
Redbridge 2 - 0 Diss Town (Isthmian DIN)

Despite having the better of the match at Oakside, Diss Town were unable to profit as they went down to Redbridge. The greater incisiveness of the victors resulted in a comfortable 2-0 scoreline against Diss, who failed to turn their superior possession into goals.

The match began in controversial circumstances as Redbridge were denied claims by Tim Stephenson for a penalty. Centre-back Terry Steward was left red-faced in the 41st minute as he managed to put the ball into his own net. Young midfielder Peter Dhaira finally rounded off their victory in the 56th minute with a find header from pointblank range.

With Diss staring at defeat, there was controversy as young midfielder James Owen then had a penalty shot turned down.

Attendance: 16

We gave up, it's the usually let down after a major win, I expected it and was not going to be harsh with them. I told them that we need to shake it off and move forward.

Quote:
Redbridge Statistic Diss
7 Shots 8
1 On Target 0
3 Off Target 3
3 Blocked Shots 5
1 Woodwork 1
2 Clear Cut Chances 1
2 Long Shots 3
45% Possession 55%
3 Corners 1
19 Free Kicks 8
25 Throw Ins 21
5 Fouls 18
3 Offsides 1
61% Passes Completed 65%
23% Crosses Completed 7%
66% Tackles Won 66%
59% Headers Won 57%
0 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
119.6 Kilometers Run 122.4
6.91 Average Rating 6.18

We dominated every where except the will to win, and that showed through this game. It won't happen again I blew my cork and Clive let the press know I was pissed...this also sets our record of games without a loss at seventeen games.

Our next match is against Ashford in the Isthmian League Cup...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:07 PM   #254
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ashford Town (Home, ILC 2nd Round)

Quote:
Quality of possession provides victory
Diss Town 3 - 0 Ashford Town

A highly polished performance from the Diss Town players saw their team earn a 3-0 win over Ashford Town at Brewers Green Lane. Two goals from Trevor Benjamin helped Diss to victory.

Experienced striker Trevor Benjamin gave Diss the lead with a real poachers effort in the 39th minute. Benjamin doubled Diss' lead with a good header from just inside the six yard box in the 49th minute.

Striker Jack Defty completed the rout with a placed shot in the 74th minute.

Attendance: 180

What a great roar back game and one that definitely matters.Benjamin is going to convince me and the fans he belongs.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Ashford
15 Shots 7
4 On Target 1
8 Off Target 3
3 Blocked Shots 3
1 Woodwork 1
2 Clear Cut Chances 0
6 Long Shots 4
57% Possession 43%
3 Corners 4
15 Free Kicks 12
21 Throw Ins 12
9 Fouls 13
3 Offsides 2
75% Passes Completed 63%
42% Crosses Completed 11%
70% Tackles Won 68%
67% Headers Won 46%
0 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
132.4 Kilometers Run 128.7
7.65 Average Rating 6.12

We dominated like we were punked out last week and it wasn't pretty. It was a definite solid match. However, Benjamin took a nasty leg injury in the game and is out for a bit.

Next up is a trip to Thames Road for our league match against Concord Rangers
Old 06-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #255
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Concord Rangers (Away, ID1N)

Quote:
Diss in control as Concord Rangers are brushed aside
Concord Rangers 1 - 2 Diss Town (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town battled to a deserved 2-1 victory over Concord Rangers on a fine afternoon in their English Isthmian League First Division North game at Thames Road.

Striker Tom Webb got Concord Rangers off to a flying start by scoring a real poachers effort in the 8th minute. Midfielder Paddy Mumbley then equalized for Diss in the 51st minute with a close range header.

Young striker Steve Higgs then clinched a late winner for the away team in the 89th minute with a close range effort. Higgs' impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Attendance: 63

Mumbley game in for a worn out James Owens and performed admirably and Higgs replaced Defty as he was tired as well...so the subs definitely helped out.

Quote:
Concord Rangers Statistic Diss
14 Shots 16
1 On Target 4
6 Off Target 8
7 Blocked Shots 4
1 Woodwork 3
1 Clear Cut Chances 2
7 Long Shots 5
45% Possession 55%
8 Corners 6
15 Free Kicks 14
11 Throw Ins 15
13 Fouls 13
1 Offsides 2
66% Passes Completed 72%
14% Crosses Completed 26%
73% Tackles Won 70%
65% Headers Won 50%
1 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
115.3 Kilometers Run 118.0
6.58 Average Rating 6.81

They were a little more aggressive in the tackles than we were but we dominated the match throughout.

Our next match is the 1st round FA Trophy game against Corby. We are playing home at Brewers Green Lane. Corby is a Blue Square North squad.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #256
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Corby (Home, FA Trophy 1st Rnd)

Quote:
Steelmen win unconvincingly
Diss Town 1-2 Corby Town (FA Trophy 1st Rnd)

In a surprisingly close encounter at Brewers Green Lane, Corby managed to sneak a narrow 2-1 victory over Diss.

Corby Finally took the lead when centre-back Tom Marshall scored a close range header in the 57th minute. Young striker Reece Gray doubled Corby's lead with a real poachers effort in the 69th minute.

Striker Jack Defty's 77th minute strike proved the only consolation for The Tangerines.

Attendance: 199

I was livid after this match. We had this match won...the entire first half we dominated and we couldn't convert.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Corby
9 Shots 5
5 On Target 2
4 Off Target 2
0 Blocked Shots 1
0 Woodwork 0
3 Clear Cut Chances 1
2 Long Shots 2
52% Possession 48%
4 Corners 4
5 Free Kicks 7
20 Throw Ins 12
6 Fouls 4
1 Offsides 1
69% Passes Completed 67%
11% Crosses Completed 18%
73% Tackles Won 74%
57% Headers Won 67%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
132.4 Kilometers Run 129.9
6.78 Average Rating 6.84

Look at that...we had possession, we had the shots and the chances...it disgusts me to lose out on the FA Trophy like this to Corby.

Our boys know I am pissed as I do not pull punches in the presser and leave them pissed at me as well, the first time since I have been here they aren't happy with me.

Our next match is a league match against AFC Sudbury at home.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #257
MacroGuru
Coordinator

AFC Sudbury (Home, ID1N)

Quote:
Diss' poor performance adds to dissappointing defeat
Diss Town 0 - 1 AFC Sudbury

AFC Sudbury's fans left Brewers Green Lane wondering quite how their team had only managed to win 1-0.

An error Ben Laslett allowed midfielder Steve Smith to score a powerful effort from the edge of the area.

Diss were carved open a number of times but despite the ability of their opponents to create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Attendance: 268

I don't know what the hell it is, if they are trying to prove a point to me, but usually they play their worst after I come unglued on them...and this was it.

Quote:
Diss Statistic AFC Sudbury
4 Shots 10
0 On Target 1
2 Off Target 8
2 Blocked Shots 1
0 Woodwork 0
0 Clear Cut Chances 1
2 Long Shots 6
42% Possession 58%
2 Corners 2
6 Free Kicks 19
12 Throw Ins 17
17 Fouls 4
2 Offsides 2
64% Passes Completed 72%
12% Crosses Completed 4%
71% Tackles Won 70%
65% Headers Won 52%
4 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
125.7 Kilometers Run 127.5
6.54 Average Rating 6.92

Manhandled it's all I am going to say...They better pull their heads out soon or I will start rotating players quickly.

Next match against Aveley is a home game at Brewers Green Lane and is a league match..we are still hanging on to the 1st place spot by 2 points.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #258
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Aveley (Home, ID1N)

Quote:
Diss hold Aveley to draw
Diss Town 1 - 1 Aveley (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town could count themselves somewhat fortunate to have escaped with a draw against Aveley in their English Isthmian League First Division North game at Brewers Green Lane.

The first incident of note was on 52 minutes as Diss were denied claims by Ashley Lyth for a penalty. Diss finally took the lead when striker Jack Defty scored a powerful effort in the 58th minute.

Striker Martin Tuohy then equalized for Aveley after 72 minutes with a powerful close range effort. Aveley also saw their 90th minute strike disallowed in controversial circumstances.

Attendance: 301

2 goals, both appeared to be offsides and the other that was disallowed was definitely there. The side judge needs some glasses...I can't hold much against the team on this one.
Quote:
Diss Statistic Aveley
7 Shots 12
3 On Target 3
4 Off Target 7
0 Blocked Shots 2
1 Woodwork 2
3 Clear Cut Chances 4
0 Long Shots 2
46% Possession 54%
2 Corners 5
11 Free Kicks 18
15 Throw Ins 17
12 Fouls 9
6 Offsides 2
65% Passes Completed 69%
13% Crosses Completed 17%
80% Tackles Won 67%
51% Headers Won 62%
1 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 0
130.6 Kilometers Run 131.0
6.74 Average Rating 6.73

We play Wingate and Finchley at their place next. It is a league match.

Also, I the Leyton Orient Head Coach job is available right now. They sit 19th in the Coca-Cola League 1. I apply for the position, not for the hope I get it, but for the hop the Chairman and board pull their heads out of their asses and start working on a contract for me...if not, the bigger money is going to call and I WILL take it.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-17-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #259
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So I apply for the Leyton Orient position and I was turned down. The press catches wind of it and the fans are a little pissed at me for wanting to leave.

Then, I am approached

Quote:
Birmingham approach Thomas

Birmingham City chairman Carson Yeung has offered a two year contract on $16,250 per week to take the coaching job at St. Andrews, believing coach Thomas to be the ideal person to replace former head coach Krasimir Balakov.

Transfer Budget: 5.75 million
Payroll: 525k p/w

Well...let's say I am shocked and in heaven..hoping this forces Diss to offer up..currently I am making the following:

$180 p/w

that's right, 180 per week, our negotiations stalled for me wanting $350 per week. I am being offered roughly a 840K raise to coach soccer.

So I am going to Delay my response for a week, see if Diss pulls their head out of their ass and if not it's on to Birmingham City 2nd place team in the Coca-Cola Championship.

Now I do not expect them to pay me the 16K a week, but I do expect at least the 350 a week if not more as a thank you for what I have done, obviously a higher level club has noticed my ability, not bad for someone who was a systems analyst 2 to 3 years ago.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 06-17-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #260
Tellistto
College Prospect

Wow, nice! While it'd be nice to see those quality awesome shirts further up the league table, that's just a really nice job offer you just got. Just, wow.
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #261
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Wow, nice! While it'd be nice to see those quality awesome shirts further up the league table, that's just a really nice job offer you just got. Just, wow.

Thanks, I would love to see the Orange jersey's move but if they aren't willing to talk, then I do not think they are willing to budge from their 200 a week offer I received from them earlier.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #262
Tellistto
College Prospect

Just to clarify, I'd be all over that offer if I were you. Just a hands down no brainer. That's a plum job to take, and they have money!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #263
MacroGuru
Coordinator

There isn't much to do, I took my week to think things through and I haven't heard from the board or Nick...I don't know if they are trying to send a message or if they are just hoping I owe it to Nick, but I don't and I know what I am going to do.

I walk around Brewers Green Lane some more, thinking and wondering what I can do to this place if I stick it out. Looking at the small grandstand and the field that looks like it could second for an equestrian event center.

I cut my teeth here on coaching, I have learned a lot from the boys that are with me and they have learned a lot with me. My style fits them and they fit me, none of them really pissed me off, but when they did the knew it.

With a deep sigh, I head up to the chair's office and knock on the door, Nick glances up from his desk, he has that look on his face.

"Hey bud, come in." His voice sounds that of someone who has given up..

"Nick, I need to tell.."

"No worries mate, you don't have to tell me, the board already said they won't budge from their stance, I don't know why either...you have made us a ton of money...This has been the most profitable this club has ever been. With the money Birmingham threw at you, I am tempted to march you over there myself and plant you on the doorstep...are you freaking insane even thinking about it for a week?"

"Nick, the only reason I was thinking about it was because of you. You bought this team, you took majority ownership and I was hoping we could ride this one to the top, but man I am going to make $850,000 coaching soccer!"

"I don't blame you but remember you can fall just as hard, keep your head up, stay focused and most of all, understand that some of your mickey mouse tactics will not work where you are going."

"No worries, Coach Walker kept me sane here...you need to look into him"

"Not happening, he handed in his resignation as did Wainright. They want to follow you."

"What? The fools! I don't know what I have up there and they already want to come on board?

"So your taking it?"

"I thought that's what you wanted me to do?"

"I just wanted to hear it from you man."

"Well, I guess I better notify them huh?"

"Hahaha, they already no as does half the soccer world. Get out there and get that club back into the Premiership, retire and buy this damn club off of me..."

He extends his hand out to me and I take it, shaking it and knowing that our friendship has somehow changed now and it will never be the same.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #264
MacroGuru
Coordinator

With that being said I am moving on to Birmingham City and the question for my valuable readers is....

Would you rather me change the thread title and keep everything here? Or move on to a new thread and leave this one for Diss only and posterity?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #265
Tellistto
College Prospect

New team, new challenge, new thread. Just my opinion, though. Link to this one in the first post, in your sig if you want to, and move on. This story is a lot about the coach, after all, not so much about the team anymore.