Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Izulde Jestor, UW-La Crosse, and the WIAC (TCY/FOF)

Okay, so I've decided to give TCY a crack again. I've rearranged the Sol-8 to more or less represent the WIAC, with the exception of UW-River Falls, who got kicked out in favor of Lawrence University.

I'll be taking over my alma mater, the UW-La Crosse Eagles. It's a good thing TCY isn't reflective of reality, or you could pretty much hand UW-Whitewater the WIAC crown every year from now until eternity.

UW-Stevens Point is considered our rival in this TCY setup, though I'd personally consider UW-Eau Claire our true rival. But that's not worth changing everything around for. I'll just call the UWEC game the rivalry game every year.

Offhand I'd say UW-Stout looks like the class of the WIAC this season. They've got a few authentically good players unlike virtually all of the rest of the conference.

I'm going to make the entire state of Wisconsin legal for recruiting, but outside of that, I'll set an initial max recruiting distance of 200 miles and expand as we get winning seasons, possible bowl bids and wins, etc.

Scouting is going to be a bit of a pain in the ass, because we're involved in both the Great Lakes region and the Midwest region, so that means keeping tabs on two scouts rather than just one, as would be the case with a more interior school.

Other recruiting restrictions: I can go after a maximum of 1 red player a year, but have my pick of blue and green players. Also, one call and one visit a week per player to avoid that exploit. I'll also try to avoid the academic powerhouse exploit, though by the same token, I'm not taking any red GPA or SAT players. UW-L does have a good regional academic reputation, after all and in fact is considered the #2 school in the UW system academically, behind only the flagship campus in Madison.

With that in mind, let's take a look at our scouts for those two regions.

Adrian Stoltenberg - Great Lakes Scout (67)
QB: Decent
RB: Terrible
WR: Decent
OL: Lousy
DL: Lousy
LB: Pretty Good
DB: Fair
KP: Excellent

....Well, he can help us find great kickers and punters! Heh. Replace next year.

Bart Hayes - Midwest Scout (70)
QB: Pretty Good
RB: Lousy
WR: Decent
OL: Poor
DL: Pretty Good
LB: Excellent
DB: Terrible
KP: Terrible

Looks like our old guys are really good at finding linebackers, but can't be stuffed to tell a good running back from a bad one. They'll both be replaced next year.

And now our roster.

Code:
Mandel, Lincoln 1 QB Sr* 10 10 Cheramie, Dustin 11 QB Jr* 5 32 Matthews, Claude 9 QB* Fr 5 9 Gomez, Keith 17 QB* So* 7 7

Scrub city. Cheramie looks like the best player, so the RS SO will get the start. I actually like Gomez as the #2 QB, but this is a priority.

Code:
Woodling, Bob 35 RB Jr 29 29 Szalay, Donovan 41 RB Sr* 17 35 Hitchcock, Jeremy 21 RB So 19 19 Shea, Brady 32 RB Jr 11 26 Ranek, Jake 27 RB Fr 15 45

Ranek will be redshirted, because he's got upside and we need to have guys here so we don't have to recruit this position with our horrid scouts. Woodling gets the starting nod, Szalay the backup role. We have 2 scrub FBs that aren't even worth mentioning.

Code:
Hayes, Roosevelt 80 TE Sr* 8 8 Malloy, Chad 94 TE So* 12 21 Kahn, Don 89 TE Jr 13 13 Keith, K.C. 86 TE So 18 28 Barrington, Sherman 85 WR Sr* 16 30 Duran, Randall 4 WR Sr* 13 13 Hyland, Heath 3 WR Jr* 38 59 Fredrickson, Randal 81 WR Jr* 4 29 Reinert, Edgar 83 WR* Fr 11 11 Drake, Jon 8 WR* Fr 5 16 Richmond, Russell 2 WR* Fr 3 9

Keith gets the start at TE and WR goes to Hyland and either Richmond or Fredrickson. I'd also like to point that Heath Hyland is a Park High Panther! He and RB Hitchcock (Horlick) are the two Racinians on the roster. Heh, the last time a Park WR looked that good was back in the days of J.C. Dawkins, who played with Brent Moss on the 1988 state championship team.

Code:
Veen, Heath 52 C Sr 22 30 Reed, Alonzo 54 C Sr 40 54 Woods, J.J. 66 G Jr* 19 34 Brooking, Raymond 77 G Fr 0 0 Campbell, Robbie 62 G Sr* 8 13 Malone, Clifton 61 G Sr 24 24 Keisel, Cornell 64 T Sr* 21 41 Copeland, Alvin 78 T Sr* 10 41 Ellison, Burt 63 T So* 4 4 Key, Kris 71 T Sr* 18 18

Reed deserves better than this, so I'm going to redshirt him. Keisel's our LT and I'll probably make Ellison our RT because his bars are much better than the ratings say. Guard is a pile of crap all around. O-line, we're recruiting you.

Code:
Hoover, Marty 14 P Jr* 21 23 Brock, Josh 5 P Jr 25 25 Osborne, Grady 12 K So* 22 46 Jennings, Clay 18 K Jr* 15 46

Brock and Osborne. We may recruit here, but honestly, we have so many other positions of need, I may just let it slide for now.

Code:
Wagner, Bryce 97 DE Sr 18 45 Crane, Keith 70 DE Sr 19 19 Tanner, Al 76 DE Fr 4 21 Schwartz, Lonnie 75 DE Fr 22 32 Hamilton, Norm 74 DE* So* 6 22 Plangeard, Doug 72 DT Jr* 3 27 Barber, Leroy 96 DT Sr* 22 22 Nichols, Lamont 73 DT Jr* 10 10 Spinks, Cary 79 DT* Fr 10 32 Emerson, Luther 92 DT* Fr 9 26

We're actually not terrible at DE. Wagner and Crane are the starters with Schwartz the backup. Spinks is getting redshirted and Barber's an obvious starter at DT. But 4-3 or 3-4? Tough call.

Code:
Kamstra, Jumbo 99 ILB Jr* 7 24 Muyers, Cary 48 ILB* Fr 7 7 Turner, Ricardo 95 ILB* Fr 0 5 Berggren, Benjamin 93 ILB* Fr 0 12 Schafluetzel, Mickey 90 OLB Fr 4 34 Frederick, Orlando 98 OLB Jr* 9 9 Parrish, Rico 56 OLB Sr 18 18 Reagor, Tito 45 OLB So* 0 10 Randle, Andy 57 OLB* Fr 8 28

...Okay it's a 4-3 by necessity. I'll redshirt Schafluetzel. Otherwise I've got two players with all green bars... 0 red ANYWHERE. This is a huge mess of throw a body out there and hope it does something.

Code:
Bensen, Sherman 40 CB Sr 14 17 Lyon, Irving 31 CB Sr 34 34 Rider, Dusty 49 CB Sr* 13 21 Whiting, David 43 CB Sr 18 18 Pearson, Bryant 28 CB* So* 1 32 Newton, Billy Joe 44 S Fr 5 27 Knight, Sammy 25 S So* 9 32 Dillon, Tyrone 24 S Sr 35 35 Maugh, Jared 46 S Fr 9 9

Lyon and Whiting at CB, Dillon and Maugh at S. I think this is definitely going to be a top WR orientation rather than a left/right one. Sheesh!

Recruiting Priorities
Everywhere, although we could probably get away with not recruiting RB if we had to. LB and O-line I would call our two most pressing areas, but that's splitting hairs.

With the rest of our staff, we've got a good enough Syndicate Coordinator, also old at 66.

Bobby Jeffries - DC (39)
PC: Good
IA: Decent
RHB: Pretty Good
CHA: Decent
DL: Pretty Good
LB: Decent
DB: Good

A keeper! Young and talented for this level.

Ronnie Musso - OC (67)
PC: Pretty Good
IA: Excellent
RHB: Terrific
CHA: Good
QB: Lousy
RB: Poor
WR: Excellent
OL: Terrible
KP: Pretty Good
Offense: Flexbone (5 years)

Love his intangibles, but he can't develop worth a damn, so he's gone after next year. As a going away present, we'll let him run his beloved Flexbone this season.

Recruiting Targets - Scholarship Offers - Week 1
QB Ernest Welch - Our red player. We have almost no shot at getting him, but I have to try because everyone else within our range sucks.
TE Kennedy Strickland
WR Morris Peterson
WR Eric Puente
G Artie Bidwell

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Big Six
High School Varsity

This looks like it will be fun to follow. Your dynasties always are, after all.

A quick question: What is the "academic powerhouse exploit" you refer to as you're discussing recruiting?

I also follow the one call/one visit per week rule. I've found that's more realistic, anyway. However, I don't impose a limit on the number of red players I'll recruit from my home state, or the states that border it. I've found that I can't sign red recruits from far away when I'm coaching a team like Kent State, anyway.
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Week 2

..Heh. WR Morris Peterson tell us he's planning on going to Duke and that he has no intention of coming to La Crosse. Fair enough. QB Ernest Welch has a fistful of offers; Louisville, Mississippi State, Nevada, and us. He's most strongly considering Louisville, but at least we're still in play.

Scholarship Targets
P Ian Atkins
DE Antonio Beer
ILB Desmond Brennan
OLB Monty Tan

Hawaii (-3) vs. UW-La Crosse
I forgot to save the box score and game log, but we lost 36-10. RB Donovan Szalay was a bright spot with 78 yards on 8 carries, but the rest of the team stunk, highlighted by QB Dustin Cheramie's 6 interceptions.

Week 3
Duke and Indiana have hopped on the QB Ernest Welch train. Then he tells me he'll probably go to Duke as well and won't consider our school. I'm beginning to HATE the Blue Devils. We're locked in a battle with UW-Whitewater for WR Eric Puente's services.

New Scholarship Targets
CB Bryant McGregor
CB Austin Sheldon
S Marlon Webster
S Peter Rivera

[b]Week 3: UW-La Crosse (0-1) @ Northern Illinois (0-1) (-7)
Code:
1Q: 08:37 NILL - Barry Becker 19 field goal. 1Q: 05:59 NILL - Amos Gonsalves 3 pass from Archie Gaines. 1Q: 05:59 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 1Q: 02:48 NILL - Amos Gonsalves 26 pass from Archie Gaines. 1Q: 02:48 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 2Q: 12:19 NILL - Jamal Lancaster 3 run. 2Q: 12:19 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 2Q: 10:56 NILL - Gary Reaves 76 interception return. 2Q: 10:56 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 2Q: 10:39 NILL - Grady Brink 35 interception return. 2Q: 10:39 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 2Q: 08:48 UWLX - Grady Osborne 52 field goal. 2Q: 02:33 NILL - Louis Rhodes 57 pass from Ian Alexander. 2Q: 02:33 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 3Q: 11:14 NILL - Louis Rhodes 27 pass from J.J. Bautista. 3Q: 11:14 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 3Q: 01:44 NILL - Broderick Wynn 13 pass from J.J. Bautista. 3Q: 01:44 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. 3Q: 01:14 NILL - Artie Baze 23 interception return. 3Q: 01:14 NILL - Barry Becker extra point. Game MVP: NILL 2 Louis Rhodes UW-La Crosse 0 3 0 0 - 3 Northern Illinois 17 28 21 0 - 66

Yeah... we got wrecked. No two ways about it. There are no positives to be found in this game. Everyone sucked the big one.

Freshman OLB Andy Randle, who'd been given the starting job by my defensive coordinator, tore his Achilles tendon and is out for the year. Oh well, not like our linebacking corps scared anyone anyway.

Week 4
The horror train continues. P Ian Atkins says he's going New Mexico State and to forget about him. TE Kennedy Strickland tells us to forget him as well... for freaking Lawrence University! Time to hit the trail.

New Scholarship Targets
QB Marco DiMaio
RB Winfred Tanner
WR Steven Coleman
G Jorge Schulz
ILB Geoff Delgado
FB Antonio Strom

UW-La Crosse (0-2) @ Wake Forest (1-1) (-8)
Code:
1Q: 06:58 WAKE - Mack Tenbroeke 6 pass from Trent Ogletree. 1Q: 06:58 WAKE - Bo McCarthy extra point. 2Q: 08:14 UWLX - Jared Maugh 75 interception return. 2Q: 08:14 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 02:00 WAKE - Lamar Jamison 17 run. 2Q: 02:00 WAKE - Bo McCarthy extra point. 3Q: 03:47 UWLX - Grady Osborne 30 field goal. 4Q: 14:22 WAKE - Rich Wand 19 pass from Trent Ogletree. 4Q: 14:22 WAKE - Bo McCarthy extra point. 4Q: 06:43 WAKE - Mitchell Watkins 4 pass from Trent Ogletree. 4Q: 06:43 WAKE - Bo McCarthy extra point. 4Q: 04:41 UWLX - O.J. Mathis 2 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 4Q: 04:41 UWLX - Dustin Cheramie pass to Randal Fredrickson for conversion 4Q: 01:58 WAKE - Bo McCarthy 42 field goal. Game MVP: WAKE 79 Riddick Peterson UW-La Crosse 0 7 3 8 - 18 Wake Forest 7 7 0 17 - 31

Our best showing yet. I love that S Jared Maugh returned that interception back 75 yards for the TD. We actually managed to hang in this one through three quarters, until Wake Forest's defense took over in Demon Deacon fashion. RB Donovan Szalay has another solid rushing game at 13 carries for 84 yards, so he'll get the start next time. QB Dustin Cheramie threw another 3 picks... and yeah.

RS JR reserve WR Randall Duran hyperextends his elbow and will miss at least next week's game. But what really angers me is that reserve CB Bryant Pearson gets caught smoking weed with a bunch of the Sig Taus. I told him he shouldn't be pledging Sig Tau anyway but then to get busted like that.. needless to say, I suspend his sorry Sig Tau ass.

Week 5
More bad news. G Jorge Schulz says he's going to spurn us for Lawrence University. Damn the private schools to hell!

New Scholarship Targets
TE Jessie Cassidy
G Rondell Cosell
OLB Bubba Severson

Week 6
UW-La Crosse (0-3) @ UW-Stout (0-3) (-14)

Code:
1Q: 11:13 UWST - Toby Carrasco 6 run. 1Q: 11:13 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 1Q: 05:32 UWST - Bert Armstrong 17 pass from Broderick Gray. 1Q: 05:32 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 1Q: 00:25 UWST - Paul Cuellar 7 pass from Broderick Gray. 1Q: 00:25 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 2Q: 10:08 UWST - Bert Armstrong 5 pass from Broderick Gray. 2Q: 10:08 UWST - Mario Klug extra point failed. 2Q: 03:09 UWST - Mario Klug 43 field goal. 2Q: 00:28 UWST - Broderick Gray 4 run. 2Q: 00:28 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 3Q: 11:40 UWST - Van Bailey 5 run. 3Q: 11:40 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 4Q: 14:53 UWST - Dana Parker 3 pass from Dale Clausen. 4Q: 14:53 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 4Q: 05:11 UWST - Mario Klug 45 field goal. 4Q: 04:41 UWLX - Bob Woodling 81 run. 4Q: 04:41 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. Game MVP: UWST 14 Broderick Gray UW-La Crosse 0 0 0 7 - 7 UW-Stout 21 16 7 10 - 54

Well, I said Stout was the class of the conference this year and they looked it today, taking us to the woodshed. RB Bob Woodling turned that 81 yard meaningless TD run into a 7 carry, 123 yard performance. What a weak way to get our first century mark game of the year. DE Al Tanner (Fr) had 10 tackles and 4 assists in mopup duty.

QB Ernest Welch officially announced today that he'll be attending Duke. The good news is, that frees me up to go after another red recruit. On the other hand, OLB Rico Parrish (Sr) sprains his wrist, so we have to get a walk-on to fill his starting spot. That's how thin we are.

Week 7
Still not a single visit! FB Antonio Strom is getting a lot of love from Idaho. I'm competing with Arkansas State for ILB Desmond Brennan.

New Scholarship Target
OLB Al Ford (Red) - Only other offer is from Kentucky, who he doesn't seem thrilled with. Maybe we can steal him from the Wildcats.

[b]UW-Oshkosh (0-5, 0-1) @ UW-La Crosse (0-4, 0-1) (-1)
Code:
Weather: 45 degrees, rain. 1Q: 07:00 UWLX - Jon Drake 11 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 1Q: 07:00 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 07:37 UWOK - Phillip McCallum 41 field goal. 2Q: 01:11 UWOK - Rondell Auron 34 pass from Tyrus Walton. 2Q: 01:11 UWOK - Phillip McCallum extra point. 3Q: 06:34 UWLX - Grady Osborne 31 field goal. 4Q: 07:37 UWOK - Butch Carter 60 interception return. 4Q: 07:37 UWOK - Phillip McCallum extra point. 4Q: 04:27 UWLX - Heath Hyland 16 run. 4Q: 04:27 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 01:41 UWLX - Grady Osborne 19 field goal. 4Q: 00:01 UWOK - Phillip McCallum 31 field goal. OT: 14:48 UWOK - Cary Torres 25 run. OT: 14:48 UWOK - Phillip McCallum extra point. OT: 14:23 UWLX - Bob Woodling 10 run. OT: 14:23 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. OT: 13:16 UWLX - Jeremy Hitchcock 16 pass from Dustin Cheramie. OT: 13:16 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. OT: 13:59 UWOK - Tyrus Walton 5 run. OT: 13:59 UWOK - Phillip McCallum extra point. OT: 13:12 UWOK - Matthew Diaz 10 pass from Tyrus Walton. OT: 13:12 UWOK - Tyrus Walton run for conversion. OT: 12:51 UWLX - Bob Woodling 2 run. OT: 12:51 UWLX - Bob Woodling run for conversion failed. Game MVP: UWOK 7 Matthew Diaz UW-Oshkosh 0 10 0 10 22 - 42 UW-La Crosse 7 0 3 10 20 - 40

An overtime thriller gave the home fans their money's worth, but we fall just short of the mark. This was QB Dustin Cheramie's best game to date: 22/34 for 177 yards, 2 TDs and an INT. RB Bob Woodling carried the ball 15 times for 82 yards and 2 TDs and caught 8 passes for another 53 yards. Damned frustrating loss, as I thought it was our big chance to finally win a game.

Freshman backup WR Jon Drake gets a high ankle sprain and it's bad enough to shut him down the rest of the year. Fortunately, WR Randall Duran is ready to come back.

Week 8
Holy floodgates!

Players Visiting
QB Marco DiMaio
RB Winfred Tanner
FB Antonio Strom (Idaho/UW-Stout)
TE Kennedy Strickland (Lawrence/UW-Eau Claire/UW-Platteville)
TE Jesse Cassidy
WR Steven Coleman
WR Eric Puente (UW-Whitewater)
G Jorge Schulz (Lawrence)
G Artie Bidwell (Akron)
G Rondell Cosell
P Ricardo Mohr
P Ian Atkins (Duke/New Mexico State/Ohio/UW-Eau Claire)
DE Antonio Beer
ILB Desmond Brennan (Arkansas State)
ILB Geoff Delgado
OLB Monty Tan
OLB Bubba Severson
CB Bryant McGregor
CB Austin Sheldon
S Peter Rivera
S Marlon Webster

21 players in all and everyone we have a scholarship offer out to, except Al Ford, who's visiting Kentucky this week. The () indicate schools that have scholarship offers out to the player as well. I have a feeling this is our chance to lock up our recruiting class.

UW-Platteville (1-4, 0-2) (-1) @ UW-La Crosse (0-5, 0-2)
Code:
Weather: 39 degrees, rain. 1Q: 06:46 UWLX - Bob Woodling 12 run. 1Q: 06:46 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 04:58 UWLX - Randal Fredrickson 4 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 3Q: 04:58 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 10:04 UWLX - Grady Osborne 42 field goal. 4Q: 08:52 UWPV - Zack Jennings 35 pass from Dennis Oldham. 4Q: 08:52 UWPV - Gilbert Mahoney extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 70 Keith Crane UW-Platteville 0 0 0 7 - 7 UW-La Crosse 7 0 7 3 - 17

It was a nasty, rainy day for all of our recruits, but our defense took us to our very first win of the season! Well, our defense and QB Dustin Cheramie's 22/31 for 243 yards, a TD and 0 picks. DE Keith Crane had a monster showing; 6 tackles, 3 TFL and 3 sacks to take home Player of the Game.

What a huge, huge, huge win!

...And then FB Antonio Strom e-mails us and says thanks, but he's going to UW-Stout instead.

Record
Duke: 0-1
UW-Stout: 0-1

I want to beat somebody in this damn recruiting game!

Week 9
OLB Al Ford is visiting!!!!

Oh and we played #19 Virginia Tech and got squashed 62-6. Who cares? Let's see what the envelopes say! *rip* *rip* *tear* *tear*

S Pete Rivera has accepted your invitation to play for UW-La Crosse.

RB Winfred Tanner is delighted to accept your scholarship offer to UW-La Crosse.

And then I see Al Ford's signature at the end of the last letter. I look up... and it says...

AL FORD IS GOING TO PLAY FOR UW-LA CROSSE! AL FORD IS GOING TO PLAY FOR UW-LA CROSSE!!!!!!!!

S Pete Rivera - Logan High School - La Crosse, WI
Local product who plays for one of the top football programs in the state (Athletic Prep: 70, Academic Prep: 85). High consistency player who had 12 interceptions as a senior, but rates at just 36- by our scouting and ranked the 8th best safety in Wisconsin. 3.74 GPA and 1368 SAT could've gotten him in anywhere and he wanted a strong Industrial Engineering program close to him. We're awful in his intended degree with a score of 12, but we were the only school to offer him the chance to play football. Not a huge get from an on-field standpoint, but in terms of shoring our poor academic rep (ranked 117th overall - 32), he's colossal and also in terms of building a pipeline.

RB Winfred Tanner - Menomonie High School - Menomonie, WI
5th best RB in the state wanted to stay close to home above all else and probably would have inked with UW-Stout had they had offered. Rushed for 1,170 yards as a senior and is best at breakway running. Rated 39- by the scouting. 3.06 GPA and 961 SAT suggest a certain laziness and considering the school does a terrible job of preparing players to play college ball (1 Athletic Prep), I somewhat wonder why we recruited him. Oh well.

OLB Al Ford - Sterling High School - Sterling IL
Ranked the 994th best player in the entire country, 64th best OLB nationally. 5th best OLB in Illinois. 91 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 3 interceptions his final season of high school play. Turned down a chance to play for an SEC school so he could start as a true freshman. Shaky academic credentials with a 2.45 GPA and 871 SAT, but we'll work with. 57+ scouting says this zone defender could be our best linebacker from the get-go, even with 32 Athletic, 26 Academic Prep for his high school.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
This looks like it will be fun to follow. Your dynasties always are, after all.

A quick question: What is the "academic powerhouse exploit" you refer to as you're discussing recruiting?

I also follow the one call/one visit per week rule. I've found that's more realistic, anyway. However, I don't impose a limit on the number of red players I'll recruit from my home state, or the states that border it. I've found that I can't sign red recruits from far away when I'm coaching a team like Kent State, anyway.

Thanks. And the academic powerhouse exploit refers to the somewhat gamey tactic of recruiting all guys with great academic credentials. Your academic rating will shoot up into the stratosphere after a while, allowing you to steal players who highly value academics, no matter if they're such high quality athletic players they wouldn't realistically consider your school.

As frustrating as recruiting has been so far in the first half of the season, I'm enjoying the challenge. It allows me to get excited over landing a Top 1000 player.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Big Six
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Thanks. And the academic powerhouse exploit refers to the somewhat gamey tactic of recruiting all guys with great academic credentials. Your academic rating will shoot up into the stratosphere after a while, allowing you to steal players who highly value academics, no matter if they're such high quality athletic players they wouldn't realistically consider your school.

As frustrating as recruiting has been so far in the first half of the season, I'm enjoying the challenge. It allows me to get excited over landing a Top 1000 player.

I admit that I'm somewhat guilty of using the academic powerhouse exploit in my Kent State dynasty. KSU began the game with one of the three or four worst academic reputations in the nation. It was even worse than your UWLX team. Rehabilitating it has been one of my most enjoyable challenges. After four years, I have KSU's ranking in the 90s.

I'm guessing since I started with a school that scraped the bottom of the academic barrel, it might be some time before the exploit really has an effect on the game. And, by then, I'd like to think I'd be operating in such a distinctive college football universe that Kent State could conceivably be good enough to attract top players.

Good job landing Al Ford. I can see the "BUILT FORD TOUGH" signs hanging from the railing in the student section already.
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
I admit that I'm somewhat guilty of using the academic powerhouse exploit in my Kent State dynasty. KSU began the game with one of the three or four worst academic reputations in the nation. It was even worse than your UWLX team. Rehabilitating it has been one of my most enjoyable challenges. After four years, I have KSU's ranking in the 90s.

I'm guessing since I started with a school that scraped the bottom of the academic barrel, it might be some time before the exploit really has an effect on the game. And, by then, I'd like to think I'd be operating in such a distinctive college football universe that Kent State could conceivably be good enough to attract top players.

Good job landing Al Ford. I can see the "BUILT FORD TOUGH" signs hanging from the railing in the student section already.

Yeah it's an easy exploit to fall into the habit of using, which is why I'm not trying to do it, though I'm sure I'll snap up quite a few scholar-athletes along the way.

I'm stoked about Ford. Maybe he can be our Adrian Callisto, only at LB. Good idea for the sign.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

I'd post the standings, but we're 7 games in and it's Season 1, with none of my recruits on the team, so I'll let it pass till the end of the season.

Week 10
18 players are still in play for our remaining 13 scholarships. WR Morris Peterson, by the way, will be joining QB Ernest Welch at Duke, making it 0-2 vs. the Blue Devils in recruiting. I'll try and keep track of the list, but I'll invariably miss some along the way. For example, I almost missed Peterson because he never visited us and never sent us an email. He just dropped us, point blank.

UW-Eau Claire is trying to snipe WR Steven Coleman from me. Grr. Stay away, you damned Blugolds!

Oh and freshman DE Lonnie Schwartz needs knee surgery after wrecking it in the debacle against the Hokies, so he's done for the year. We're running on fumes here.

UW-La Crosse (1-6, 1-2) @ UW-Whitewater (3-4, 3-1) (-10)
Code:
Weather: 52 degrees, stormy. 1Q: 10:01 UWWH - Jose Woodley 4 run. 1Q: 10:01 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 2Q: 01:02 UWWH - Marty Eby 9 run. 2Q: 01:02 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 3Q: 06:09 UWWH - Howard Shields 5 run. 3Q: 06:09 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point failed. 3Q: 00:29 UWWH - Marty Eby 11 pass from Howard Shields. 3Q: 00:29 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 4Q: 14:54 UWLX - Bob Woodling 67 run. 4Q: 14:54 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 11:41 UWWH - Perry Frame 27 field goal. 4Q: 03:30 UWWH - Perry Frame 35 field goal. Game MVP: UWWH 4 Howard Shields UW-La Crosse 0 0 0 7 - 7 UW-Whitewater 7 7 13 6 - 33

No surprises here. The Warhawks are a damn good team. Bob Woodling rushes 8 times for 116 yards, including that 67 yard TD run for our lone score. I'll be honest; I hate the flexbone. Give me a more traditional or pro-style offense, please. 11 tackles and 4 assists for S Tyrone Dillon.

OLB Bubba Severson was impressed by our landing Al Ford, so he signs, as does DE Antonio Beer, who has the best name I've seen in a long time.

OLB Bubba Severson - South Hamilton High School - Jewell, IA
Iowa All-State LB in his senior year and our first All-State grab. 32+ rated and weakest at Zone D, which is Ford's strength. Ah well, something to work around. 3.41 GPA and 1187 SAT bode well for classroom success, as does his school's 93 Academic Prep. Good shot to get playing time from Day One on our bad team.

DE Antonio Beer - West High School - Waterloo, IA
Another Iowa-All State player, with 62 tackles, 4.5 sacks and an interception his final year of high school. Ranked the #2 DE in the state, as opposed to Severson who was #3 OLB. 36+ and more of a run-stopper than a pass-rusher. 26 Athletic Prep hints that he may redshirt. Solid academic credentials, though his high school isn't an academic heavyweight like Severson's.

Okay, so it's Iowa. I'll still take two All-State players, thanks.

Week 11
We suddenly notice that TE Kennedy Strickland had his offer from the other WIAC schools pulled, so we pursue him again and inform TE Jessie Cassidy that we'll no longer be asking for him to come on campus.

In other good news, OLB Roscoe Parrish is back to full health.

Lawrence (4-4, 4-0) (-14) @ UW-La Crosse (1-7, 1-3)
Code:
Weather: 50 degrees, fair. 1Q: 04:40 UWLX - Dustin Cheramie 1 run. 1Q: 04:40 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 1Q: 01:27 UWLX - Grady Osborne 42 field goal. 2Q: 02:16 LAWR - J.C. Tate 12 pass from Oliver Williams. 2Q: 02:16 LAWR - Walter MacMath extra point. 2Q: 01:23 LAWR - Jimmie Burke 10 pass from Oliver Williams. 2Q: 01:23 LAWR - Walter MacMath extra point. 3Q: 10:16 UWLX - Grady Osborne 29 field goal. 3Q: 00:15 UWLX - Jeremy Hitchcock 10 run. 3Q: 00:15 UWLX - Dustin Cheramie pass for conversion failed. Game MVP: UWLX 70 Keith Crane Lawrence University 0 14 0 0 - 14 UW-La Crosse 10 0 9 0 - 19

One hell of a second half comeback and we ruin Lawrence's bid for an undefeated WIAC season! Hahaha! Take that,ya lousy Vikings! DE Keith Crane wins Player of the Game on the strength of his 7 tackle, 1 TFL, 1 sack outing, although it's worth noting S Tyrone Dillon had 10 tackles, one a TFL himself. I'm going to miss Keith next year. He's the closest thing to a pass rush we've had all season long.

More letters from recruits.

CB Austin Sheldon accepts, as do OLB Monty Tan, ILB Geoff Delgado, and G Rondell Cosell.

But we lost ILB Desmond Brennan to Central Michigan, who made a last second swoop. Oh, I've decided only to count those recruits who email me in the win or loss recruiting wars category.

CB Austin Sheldon - Craig High School - Janesville, WI
#4 ranked cornerback in the state had 12 picks. Inconsistency and horrendous Athletic Prep (10) scared potential suitors off, despite his 45- rating. Excellent academics with 3.65 GPA and 1523 SAT, 80 Academic Prep.

OLB Monty Tan - Pearl City High School - Pearl City, IL
10th ranked LB in Illinois. 30+ rating and a probable backup for his entire college career after Ford and Severson signed.

G Rondell Cosell - Woodstock High School - Woodstock, IL
Ranked 7th among Flatlander State guards. 32+ rating and projects as LG, as his strength is pass-blocking.

So all in all, not very exciting signings, but maybe they can be decent stopgaps.

I'm now in competition with Alabama-Birmingham for WR Eric Puente and S Marlon Webster. G Jorge Schultz lost his suitors and I'm battling Louisiana-Lafayette for the services of G Artie Bidwell. WR Steven Coleman also got dropped by UW-Eau Claire.

UW La Crosse (2-7, 2-3) @ UW-Eau Claire (5-3, 4-1) (-14)
Code:
Weather: 43 degrees, fair. 1Q: 01:01 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens 43 field goal. 2Q: 08:33 UWEC - Curtis Alenduff 11 run. 2Q: 08:33 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 3Q: 05:03 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens 18 field goal. 4Q: 14:02 UWEC - Gino Henderson 43 pass from Randy Joyner. 4Q: 14:02 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 4Q: 07:48 UWEC - Randy Joyner 6 run. 4Q: 07:48 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. Game MVP: UWEC 74 Wesley McCarthy UW-La Crosse 0 0 0 0 - 0 UW-Eau Claire 3 7 3 14 - 27

Well, we did the Blugolds a favor by beating Lawrence last week and we do my mom's alma mater a favor this week by getting shutout. We just stunk the place up, no two ways about it. Ugh.

Recruit notice time!

P Ricardo Mohr accepts, as does G Artie Bidwell, TE Kennedy Strickland and WR Steven Coleman.

P Ricardo Mohr - Altoona High School - Altoona, WI
#75 ranked punter in the US, #1 in WI and Wisconsin All-State P. 41+ with a booming leg and smart. May or may not challenge for starting gig next year.

G Artie Bidwell - Rosemount High School - Rosemount, MN
Minnesota All-State G, ranked #3 at his position in the state. 36+ and a 100 Academic Prep school to go with 4.0 GPA and 1460 SAT. Helllo boon to our Marketing program. Run-blocker and win over Louisiana-Lafayette.

TE Kennedy Strickland - Greenlake HIgh School - Greenlake, WI
98th ranked TE in the country, #1 in WI who earned Wisconsin All-State TE honors. 43+ and knows how to fight in traffic, but needs run-blocking work. Horrendous Athletic Prep (8) is why he lost all those initially courting him, most likely, including the other WIAC schools.

WR Steven Coleman - Pulaski High School - Pulaski, WI
6th ranked WR in the state, racked up over 1,200 yards receiving in his last year. 49- and doesn't have great preparation in either category, but could become an impact player as a true freshman, given our lack of depth.

Since we have a punter, I bid goodbye to P Ian Atkins, who was headed to New Mexico State anyway if he ever gets off his ass and signs with them. That leaves 5 players vying for 3 spots and we're not competing with anyone for them. I'm tempted to cut our offer to QB Marco DiMaio, but I'll let it stand.

UW-Stevens Point (1-9, 1-5) @ UW-La Crosse (2-8, 2-4) (-7)
Code:
Weather: 42 degrees, fair. 2Q: 03:36 UWLX - Matt Samuels 9 run. 2Q: 03:36 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 01:41 UWLX - O.J. Mathis 25 run. 2Q: 01:41 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 10:54 UWLX - Donovan Szalay 5 run. 3Q: 10:54 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 06:54 UWLX - Grady Osborne 29 field goal. 3Q: 02:14 UWLX - Grady Osborne 32 field goal. 4Q: 11:31 UWLX - Grady Osborne 37 field goal. 4Q: 01:14 UWLX - Grady Osborne 30 field goal. Game MVP: UWLX 64 Cornell Keisel UW-Stevens Point 0 0 0 0 - 0 UW-La Crosse 0 14 13 6 - 33

Always nice to get a rivalry win, especially a shutout at home. K Grady Osborne was off the hook, nailing 4/5 field goals and 3/3 XPs, but the real reason we won this game was because MVP T Cornell Keisel was in everybody's face, slamming down 7 key run blocks!

WR Eric Puente signs, but G Jorge Schulz pulls a swerve and suddenly goes with Utah. Wow, okay. You enjoy that desert state, Jorge. ...Which reminds me of a story involving a bus in Denver and a beautiful blonde girl who borrowed my cell phone and who was a Ute, but that's for another day.

WR Eric Puente - New Ulm HS - New Ulm, MN
Unlike 6'4 Strickland, Puente and Coleman stand in at 5'11. 8th ranked Minnesota WR is 35+ and a kick return specialist, something we seriously lack. For the most part, however, unremarkable.

Week 12
I cut our offer to CB Bryant McGregor. Lousy attitude + 4 Athletic Prep = Gone. I want to grab the two guys left on our offers list, both of whom have no competition right now.

DE Lonnie Schwartz is back to full health and QB Marco DiMaio signs during the bye week.

QB Marco DiMaio - Greendale High School - Greendale, WI
8th ranked QB in the state and 24+, but 3.76 GPA and 1477 SAT are powerful scholarship enticements, along with a knack at avoiding interceptions, high consistency and a 48/83 Athletic/Academic alma mater. Will probably never see the field, but that's okay.

Oops, I just realized that rivalry was our last game of the season. 3-8, 3-4 in the WIAC is pretty good. I've decided that if I get a positive conference record, that counts for 25 miles expansion in recruiting. Winning season is 50 miles, bowl appearance is 100 miles, bowl win is 200 miles, at least for the low tier bowls we'll qualify for. Note: the bonuses won't stack, so it's whatever the highest achievement is during the season. We'll still be at the 200 mile limit next year unfortunately.

And we close out recruiting with S Marlon Webster.

S Marlon Webster - Central High School - West Allis, WI
4th ranked safety in the state. 43+ run defending specialist who comes from poor Athletic Prep high school (22). Smart kid and one I look forward to seeing on the field.

Code:
Player Pos ST Visit Cost Dist. Fit Score **Ford, Al OLB IL 287 163 75 $$Coleman, Steven WR WI 286 159 78 $$Sheldon, Austin CB WI 279 138 74 $$Strickland, Kennedy TE WI 271 114 72 $$Webster, Marlon S WI 290 171 72 $$Mohr, Ricardo P WI 256 68 85 $$Tanner, Winfred RB WI 260 81 71 ##Delgado, Geoff ILB WI 282 147 94 $$Bidwell, Artie G MN 270 111 70 $$Beer, Antonio DE IA 270 110 67 $$Rivera, Peter S WI 234 0 73 $$Puente, Eric WR MN 288 164 69 $$Cosell, Rondell G IL 292 177 84 ##Severson, Bubba OLB IA 287 161 70 ##Tan, Monty OLB IL 277 131 73 ##DiMaio, Marco QB WI 291 174 78 Player Scout Phone Visit Emphasis Status **Ford, Al 57+ 3 2 Dist/Prest Committed * $$Coleman, Steven 49- 4 3 Acad/Prest Committed * $$Sheldon, Austin 45- 1 1 Acad/Prest Committed * $$Strickland, Kennedy 43+ 3 3 Prest/Acad Committed * $$Webster, Marlon 43+ 3 3 Acad/Prest Committed * $$Mohr, Ricardo 41+ 1 1 Prest*/Acad Committed * $$Tanner, Winfred 39- 1 1 Dist*/Acad Committed * ##Delgado, Geoff 39- 1 1 Prest*/Acad Committed * $$Bidwell, Artie 36+ 3 3 Prest/Acad Committed * $$Beer, Antonio 36+ 1 1 Acad*/Prest Committed * $$Rivera, Peter 36- 1 1 Acad/Dist Committed * $$Puente, Eric 35+ 4 2 Dist/Acad Committed * $$Cosell, Rondell 32+ 1 1 Prest/Dist Committed * ##Severson, Bubba 32+ 1 1 Acad/Prest Committed * ##Tan, Monty 30+ 1 1 Dist/Acad Committed * ##DiMaio, Marco 24+ 1 1 Prest/Acad Committed *

Code:
Player Pos HT WT ST NRank ByPos StRank ByPos $$Mohr, Ricardo P 6-0 174 WI --- 75 54 1 $$Strickland, Kennedy TE 6-4 222 WI --- 98 49 1 $$Bidwell, Artie G 6-6 292 MN --- --- 39 3 $$Beer, Antonio DE 6-2 238 IA --- --- 14 2 ##Severson, Bubba OLB 6-1 202 IA --- --- 21 3 **Ford, Al OLB 6-1 197 IL 994 64 54 5 $$Puente, Eric WR 5-11 182 MN --- --- 40 8 $$Webster, Marlon S 5-10 172 WI --- --- 43 4 $$Coleman, Steven WR 5-11 182 WI --- --- 47 6 $$Sheldon, Austin CB 5-9 170 WI --- --- 50 4 $$Tanner, Winfred RB 6-1 192 WI --- --- 63 5 $$Rivera, Peter S 6-4 201 WI --- --- 69 8 $$Cosell, Rondell G 6-2 262 IL --- --- --- 7 ##Tan, Monty OLB 6-2 212 IL --- --- --- 10 ##DiMaio, Marco QB 6-1 177 WI --- --- 95 8 ##Delgado, Geoff ILB 6-3 211 WI --- --- --- 9 Player All-St All-US Status $$Mohr, Ricardo Yes No Committed * $$Strickland, Kennedy Yes No Committed * $$Bidwell, Artie Yes No Committed * $$Beer, Antonio Yes No Committed * ##Severson, Bubba Yes No Committed * **Ford, Al No No Committed * $$Puente, Eric No No Committed * $$Webster, Marlon No No Committed * $$Coleman, Steven No No Committed * $$Sheldon, Austin No No Committed * $$Tanner, Winfred No No Committed * $$Rivera, Peter No No Committed * $$Cosell, Rondell No No Committed * ##Tan, Monty No No Committed * ##DiMaio, Marco No No Committed * ##Delgado, Geoff No No Committed *

So not the greatest haul, but pretty damned good considering our limitations.

Happy Fun Bowl
Louisiana-Lafayette - 26 UW-Eau Claire 13

National Championship
#3 Texas 17 #2 USC 30

Where was 11-0, #1 Ohio State? Playing in the Rose Bowl, thanks to a tremendous screwjob.

USC QB Ron Mullen wins the Heisman with ease.

All-American WIAC Recognition
National Defensive Freshman of the Year - Donovan Warren - UW-Stout
All-American 1st Team T - Wesley McCarthy - UW-Eau Claire
All-American 1st Team DE - Dave Foreman - UW-Stout
All-American 1st Team S - Rich Weston - UW-Eau Claire
All-American 2nd Team DT - Carl Oja - UW-Stevens Point
All-American Freshman Team - QB Howard Shields - UW-Whitewater
All-American Freshman Team - ILB Donovan Warren - UW-Stout
All-American Freshman Team - S Lawrence McNulty - Lawrence University
All-American Senior Team - DE Dave Forman - UW-Stout

Heh. Lawrence from Lawrence.

UW-La Crosse WIAC Awards
DE Keith Crane - All-WIAC 1st Team
RB Bob Woodling - All-WIAC 2nd Team
T Cornell Keisel - All-WIAC 2nd Team
DE Bryce Wagner - All-WIAC 2nd Team

Code:
School W L T Pct PF PA W L T Pct PF PA Streak Lawrence University 5 6 0 .454 238 293 5 2 0 .714 182 126 Lost 1 UW-Whitewater 5 6 0 .454 273 221 5 2 0 .714 214 101 Won 1 UW-Eau Claire 7 5 0 .583 261 274 5 2 0 .714 187 130 Lost 1 UW-Stout 5 6 0 .454 253 311 4 3 0 .571 170 140 Won 2 **UW-La Crosse 3 8 0 .272 160 372 3 4 0 .428 123 177 Won 1 UW-Platteville 4 7 0 .363 204 280 3 4 0 .428 143 134 Lost 1 UW-Oshkosh 2 9 0 .181 217 427 2 5 0 .285 148 208 Won 1 UW-Stevens Point 1 10 0 .090 96 442 1 6 0 .142 82 233 Lost 2

In the Team Summary, Lime Green = Senior. If it's too hideous, I'll change it to Burgundy.

Code:
Record: 3-8 Rank: 113 UW-La Crosse Team Rank Rushes 382 71 (T) Rushing Yards 1624 43 (T) Yards Per Carry 4.25 17 (T) Pass Attempts 320 66 (T) Completions 141 92 (T) Passing Yards 1346 112 Yards Per Attempt 4.20 123 3rd Down Conversions 31.0 77 Points Per Game 14.5 113 Turnovers 28 95 (T) Turnover Margin -10 106 (T) Opponents Team Rank Rushes 432 96 Rushing Yards 2102 114 Yards Per Carry 4.86 115 Pass Attempts 282 12 (T) Completions 176 60 (T) Passing Yards 2048 37 Yards Per Attempt 7.26 87 (T) 3rd Down Conversions 36.8 83 (T) Points Per Game 33.8 110 (T) Turnovers 18 91 (T) Primary Formation: Flexbone Formation Week Team Versus Oppnt 2 10 HAWI (99) 36 3 3 at NILL (40) 66 4 18 at WAKE (95) 31 6 7 at UWST (81) 54 7 40 UWOK (119) 42 8 17 UWPV (101) 7 9 6 at VATC (27) 62 10 7 at UWWH (83) 33 11 19 LAWR (80) 14 12 0 at UWEC (68) 27 13 33 UWSP (124) 0 Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int 11 Cheramie QB 272 125 1234 4.53 5 16 1 Mandel QB 48 16 112 2.33 0 4 Team --- 320 141 1346 4.20 5 20 Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst 35 Woodling RB 99 644 6.50 5 13 3 41 Szalay RB 91 475 5.21 1 8 1 11 Cheramie QB 86 92 1.06 1 35 133 21 Hitchcock RB 55 263 4.78 1 12 8 Team --- 382 1624 4.25 11 83 199 Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD 3 Hyland WR 64 26 350 13.4 62 0 81 Fredrickson WR 61 20 284 14.2 75 2 35 Woodling RB 49 29 219 7.5 73 0 4 Duran WR 47 15 188 12.5 22 0 30 Mathis FB 27 17 96 5.6 77 1 41 Szalay RB 22 9 27 3.0 16 0 21 Hitchcock RB 14 6 38 6.3 31 1 8 Drake WR 13 4 31 7.7 27 1 29 Samuels FB 12 10 51 5.1 10 0 83 Reinert WR 11 5 62 12.4 10 0 Team --- 320 141 1346 9.5 403 5 Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn 24 Dillon S 76 21 0.0 5 2 1 70 Crane DE 53 19 5.0 8 0 0 46 Maugh S 48 17 0.0 0 3 4 40 Bensen CB 42 16 0.0 2 0 2 96 Barber DT 33 18 0.5 3 0 0 98 Frederick OLB 33 8 0.0 0 0 2 97 Wagner DE 32 17 5.5 11 0 0 76 Tanner DE 32 18 1.0 3 0 0 99 Kamstra ILB 26 15 3.0 4 1 0 31 Lyon CB 26 6 0.0 3 2 5 43 Whiting CB 26 8 0.0 2 0 6 56 Parrish OLB 22 7 0.0 0 1 1 48 Muyers ILB 19 10 0.0 0 0 2 75 Schwartz DE 18 4 0.0 0 0 0 25 Knight S 15 4 0.0 0 0 0 49 Rider CB 14 4 0.0 0 0 1 91 Scogin OLB 13 6 1.0 3 0 1 Team --- 628 221 18.0 46 10 29

WIAC Recruiting Rankings
102. UW-Whitewater
109. UW-Platteville
113. Lawrence
118. UW-Stevens Point
119. UW-Stout
121. UW-Eau Claire
123. UW-Oshkosh
125. UW-La Crosse

...Yep. Dead last in the country. Hooray. And no Top 100 classes for the conference.

Highest assessment was Team Performance at 59. Lowest was Recruiting at 16. Averaged out to a 38.

Next post, new season!

Last edited by Izulde : 03-14-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Fun news from our mailbox.

Our Southwest scout goes somewhere where his services are wanted and my Syndicate Coordinator, Offensive Coordinator and Great Lakes Scout all retire. But then the kicker comes.

OLB Mickey Schafluetzel, the guy I redshirted in hopes he'd be one of our leading players this year, failed Linguistics. The kicker? He's an effing Latin major. Of course, all Mickey does is whine about how he hates it here (Happiness: 5). I'd cut his ass but I'll make him transfer first.

I hire a new Midwest scout, 57 year old Arnie Blanchard, who is Decent or better at everything except KP and DB, where he's Terrible. Huge upgrade, in any case.

41 year old Mitch Lindquist is the new Great Lakes scout and he's Decent or better in everything except OL (Lousy) and KP (Terrible). Can you tell I don't give a damn about kickers or punters?

There's a syndicate coordinator named, I kid you not, Meal Ticket Huffman. I have to screencap this.

There's better Syndicate Coordinators out there, but I -have- to hire this guy. He's too awesome not to, so welcome aboard Meal Ticket!

37 year old Dean Serna is the new OC hire. Decent or better at everything but Rehab, where he's Terrible.

Code:
Cheramie, Dustin 11 QB Sr* 3 3 DiMaio, Marco 10 QB Fr 8 8 Mandel, Lincoln 1 QB Sr 14 17 Gomez, Keith 17 QB* Jr* 10 35 Matthews, Claude 9 QB* So* 1 23

Cheramie will start again this year. His bars look the best and that's all that matters. DiMaio will redshirt.

Code:
Hitchcock, Jeremy 21 RB Jr 13 26 Ranek, Jake 27 RB So* 18 18 Shea, Brady 32 RB Sr 14 14 Szalay, Donovan 41 RB Sr 12 12 Tanner, Winfred 40 RB Fr 17 51 Woodling, Bob 35 RB Sr 27 36

We'll go with Woodling and Szalay for another year. Tanner pulls on a red shirt and looks to be an interesting prospect. We have a couple scrub senior FBs not worth mentioning.

Code:
Hayes, Roosevelt 80 TE Sr 10 36 Kahn, Don 89 TE Sr 8 24 Keith, K.C. 86 TE Jr 13 20 Malloy, Chad 94 TE Jr* 8 30 Strickland, Kennedy 87 TE Fr 14 81 Barrington, Sherman 85 WR Sr 17 17 Coleman, Steven 6 WR Fr 19 49 Duran, Randall 4 WR Sr 8 17 Fredrickson, Randal 81 WR Sr* 12 12 Hyland, Heath 3 WR Sr* 46 46 Puente, Eric 88 WR Fr 19 29 Reinert, Edgar 83 WR So 10 17 Drake, Jon 8 WR* So 9 9 Richmond, Russell 2 WR* So* 10 19

Strickland is -so- getting redshirted. Keith, Malloy and Hayes are all in the mix for the starting TE spot. Hyland and either Puente or Coleman will start. I'm actually tempted to go with whatever formation gives me 3 WRs on the field so all three can be on at once. Nice trio to have. ...Now if only we had a QB to go with them.

Code:
Holliday, Ed 58 C Sr 29 29 Reed, Alonzo 54 C Sr 39 39 Bidwell, Artie 70 G Fr 11 43 Brooking, Raymond 77 G So 5 26 Campbell, Robbie 62 G Sr 13 13 Cosell, Rondell 61 G Fr 17 51 Woods, J.J. 66 G Sr* 18 18 Copeland, Alvin 78 T Sr 7 15 Ellison, Burt 63 T Jr* 14 26 Keisel, Cornell 64 T Sr 18 18 Key, Kris 71 T Sr 26 33

Reed at C for sure, Keisel and Key the tackles. Not sure what to do about guard. Neither Cosell nor Bidwell look good enough to redshirt, but by the same token, they don't look good enough to start either. I'll probably redshirt Bidwell and have Woods and Cosell as the starters.

Code:
Brock, Josh 5 P Sr 29 54 Hoover, Marty 14 P Sr* 19 41 Mohr, Ricardo 7 P Fr 10 54 Jennings, Clay 18 K Sr* 26 29 Osborne, Grady 12 K Jr* 37 37

Here's a redshirt for Mohr. Yawn fest. Hoover and Osborne, same as last year.

Code:
Beer, Antonio 97 DE Fr 5 29 Schwartz, Lonnie 75 DE So 21 52 Tanner, Al 76 DE So 6 11 Hamilton, Norm 74 DE* Jr* 5 22 Barber, Leroy 96 DT Sr 20 29 Nichols, Lamont 73 DT Sr* 5 5 Plangeard, Doug 72 DT Sr* 8 27 Emerson, Luther 92 DT* So 6 6 Spinks, Cary 79 DT* So* 6 6

This is what happens when you lose your top two DEs to graduation. Schwartz and Beer are the starters by default. I'm thinking it's a good year to switch to a 3-4.

Code:
Delgado, Geoff 56 ILB Fr 16 52 Kamstra, Jumbo 99 ILB Sr* 10 10 Berggren, Benjamin 93 ILB* So 3 20 Muyers, Cary 48 ILB* So 3 14 Turner, Ricardo 95 ILB* So 3 20 Ford, Al 50 OLB Fr 25 45 Frederick, Orlando 98 OLB Sr* 13 29 Reagor, Tito 45 OLB Jr* 3 35 Schafluetzel, Mickey 90 OLB So* 9 9 Severson, Bubba 53 OLB Fr 5 34 Tan, Monty 52 OLB Fr 0 14 Randle, Andy 57 OLB* So 6 29 Scogin, Wendell 91 OLB* Sr* 11 11 Shields, Vernon 51 OLB* Sr 9 9

...I somehow completely missed that we got Delgado. In any case, he'll start, although you could make the case for redshirting him too. But if we're going with a 3-4, he has to start. Ford looks a little disappointing, to tell you the truth, although his bars look great in the green. Oh hell with it, I'll start him and Severson.

Code:
Rider, Dusty 49 CB Sr 16 16 Sheldon, Austin 22 CB Fr 13 27 Harrington, Clarence 38 CB* Fr 7 7 Pearson, Bryant 28 CB* Jr* 7 7 Knight, Sammy 25 S Jr* 7 7 Maugh, Jared 46 S So 13 13 Newton, Billy Joe 44 S So 13 13 Rivera, Peter 39 S Fr 11 27 Webster, Marlon 20 S Fr 15 62

I'll redshirt Webster and start Maugh and Rivera at safety. Rider and Sheldon take up the corner spots.

We're going with the 3-4 defense and installing the Singleback offense. As much as I love the traditional I, this team is made for the singleback.

Week 1 Scholarship Targets
CB Brent Cable
QB Barry Setzer
ILB Louie Gilmore
OLB Brad Houston
CB Marlon Killens
S Jerome Long
T Timothy Snyder (red recruit)

Week 2
CB Brent Cable is getting a lot of WIAC love. Offers from UW-Eau Claire and UW-Oshkosh in addition to ours.

Week 2 Targets
G Orlando Williams
WR Mo Callisto
WR Frank Hett
TE Cornell Jacobs

We're really getting hamstrung by this 200 mile limit. The players in our recruiting range suck for the most part, especially at quarterback. We may never get out the black hole.

UAB (0-1) at UW-La Crosse (0-0) (-1)
Code:
1Q: 06:38 ALBI - Sean Berry 3 run. 1Q: 06:38 ALBI - Leland Danielson extra point. 1Q: 00:47 UWLX - Bob Woodling 25 run. 1Q: 00:47 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 06:28 UWLX - Donovan Szalay 8 run. 2Q: 06:28 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 02:47 ALBI - Courtney McKenzie 9 run. 2Q: 02:47 ALBI - Leland Danielson extra point. 3Q: 06:55 ALBI - Pete Grandt 1 run. 3Q: 06:55 ALBI - Leland Danielson extra point. 4Q: 08:25 ALBI - Edward Brock 16 pass from Walt Came. 4Q: 08:25 ALBI - Leland Danielson extra point failed. 4Q: 06:27 UWLX - Heath Hyland 38 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 4Q: 06:27 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 01:12 ALBI - Orlando Zimmerman 5 pass from Walt Came. 4Q: 01:12 ALBI - Sedrick Bradford run for conversion failed. Game MVP: ALBI 50 D.J. Naughton Alabama-Birmingham 7 7 7 12 - 33 UW-La Crosse 7 7 0 7 - 21

We had a real winnable game here in my opinion, but we just couldn't get it done in the second half. Still, it was encouraging to see OLB Al Ford get 11 tackles and 3 assists in his first game, OLB Bo Severson rack up 7 tackles and an INT and ILB Geoff Delgado pick up 5 tackles, 2 assists and an interception. Severson and Delgado each had a pass defense as well. Delgado also picked up a QB hurry and all 3 LBs had a TFL. The three freshmen are calling themselves The Colossal Squids of Doom. Catchy ring to it, but let's see how they do in the field.

TE Chad Malloy breaks his arm and is done for the year, but we don't have to burn Kennedy Strickland's redshirt yet.

Week 3
Terrible recruiting season all around. I'm expecting to have a brutal year. Honestly, even though we've only got 10 scholarship offers out there, I'm going to let that sit for now. The area talent is just dreadful this season.

Well, I'll add DT Erik Grier to the mix.

New Mexico (0-1) @ UW-La Crosse (0-1) (E)
Code:
1Q: 09:01 NMEX - Kelly Devine 2 run. 1Q: 09:01 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point. 1Q: 03:12 NMEX - Bryce Duran 19 pass from Bernard Worcester. 1Q: 03:12 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point. 2Q: 14:22 NMEX - Rufus Dowd 21 pass from Bernard Worcester. 2Q: 14:22 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point. 2Q: 10:32 NMEX - Billy Joe Fulcher 2 run. 2Q: 10:32 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point. 2Q: 09:23 NMEX - Kelly Devine 2 pass from Bernard Worcester. 2Q: 09:23 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point failed. 2Q: 06:18 NMEX - Billy Joe Fulcher 31 run. 2Q: 06:18 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point. 2Q: 03:34 UWLX - Cary Muyers 94 interception return. 2Q: 03:34 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 00:19 NMEX - Kelly Devine 72 run. 2Q: 00:19 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point. 3Q: 12:38 UWLX - Keith Gomez 47 run. 3Q: 12:38 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 05:35 UWLX - Jeremy Hitchcock 8 run. 3Q: 05:35 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 03:13 UWLX - Eric Puente 22 pass from Keith Gomez. 3Q: 03:13 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 11:14 NMEX - Isaac Hoke 12 pass from Brenden Fitzgerald. 4Q: 11:14 NMEX - Kevin Mason extra point. 4Q: 06:21 NMEX - Kevin Mason 19 field goal. Game MVP: NMEX 99 Bryce Duran New Mexico 14 34 0 10 - 58 UW-La Crosse 0 7 21 0 - 28

...Well, the backups got a lot of work in. Yeah, not much to say about this one except suckitude galore.

Starting QB Dustin Cheramie hyperextends his knee and will miss next week's game. [QB Keith Gomez (RS So) did not impress in relief, so we'll go with QB Lincoln Mandel (RS Jr) instead.

Week 4
I should mention that CB Brent Cable, who is our prize recruit target, has offers from 5 of the 8 WIAC schools. UW-Eau Claire and UW-Steven Points have 2 and 1 high school alum on their rosters respectively, but he's looking a good bet for UW-Whitewater.

Week 5
[b]UW-La Crosse (0-2) @ UW-Stevens Point (0-3) (-3)
Code:
1Q: 08:33 UWLX - Grady Osborne 24 field goal. 1Q: 06:29 UWLX - Heath Hyland 45 punt return. 1Q: 06:29 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 09:15 UWSP - Wes Fredrickson 3 pass from Brenden Porter. 2Q: 09:15 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 2Q: 05:11 UWLX - Bob Woodling 14 run. 2Q: 05:11 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 00:28 UWLX - Donovan Szalay 21 run. 2Q: 00:28 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 13:09 UWSP - Carlos Hotchkiss 72 run. 3Q: 13:09 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 3Q: 10:13 UWLX - Roosevelt Hayes 50 pass from Lincoln Mandel. 3Q: 10:13 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 13:29 UWSP - Daryl Bensen 38 field goal. 4Q: 03:42 UWLX - Bob Woodling 8 run. 4Q: 03:42 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 02:33 UWLX - Jeremy Hitchcock 10 run. 4Q: 02:33 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 75 Lonnie Schwartz UW-La Crosse 10 14 7 14 - 45 UW-Stevens Point 0 7 7 3 - 17

Now that's what we call a statement win to start WIAC play! RB Bob Woodling had perhaps the best day of his college career with 23 carries for 122 yards and 2 TDs. OLB Al Ford picks up 12 tackles and 3 assists, but it's DE Lonnie Schwartz who starred, with 2.5 sacks, a pass block and a hurry. DE Antonio Beer made his presence felt with 1.5 sacks as well.

Week 6
I accidentally simmed the week but we played Northern Illinos and lost 41-33. Highlights included WR Eric Puente with 5 catches for 153 yards and a TD, QB Lincoln Mandel going 16/31 for 266 yards and 2 TDs. He's won the starting job for sure. 9 tackles, 2 assists and a pass defense from OLB Al Ford.

Week 7
CB Brent Cable is visiting UW-Whitewater and he's looking a Warhawk lock. Damn.

New Scholarship Targets
CB Greg McMaster
S Rich Daniels (Academic risk - Red SAT score)
ILB Derek Dawson
DT Drew Peters
K Paul Hauer

By the way, to illustrate just how important the extra 25 miles is if we get a winning WIAC season, there's a 39 and 46 raw rated QB located in that 200-225 mile range, but because they're over 200 miles, we can't recruit them. Instead, we're stuck with a high of 28+ in our 200 mile range.

UW-Platteville (0-5,0-1) @ UW-La Crosse (1-3, 1-0) (-11)
Code:
Weather: 50 degrees, fair. 1Q: 10:36 UWPV - Chris Greer 16 pass from Dennis Oldham. 1Q: 10:36 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 3Q: 10:45 UWLX - Grady Osborne 25 field goal. 3Q: 04:45 UWPV - Allen Rizzo 26 field goal. 4Q: 14:53 UWPV - Leo Varela 3 pass from Dennis Oldham. 4Q: 14:53 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 4Q: 13:58 UWPV - Broderick Assenov 91 interception return. 4Q: 13:58 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. Game MVP: UWPV 63 Doug Clancy UW-Platteville 7 0 3 14 - 24 UW-La Crosse 0 0 3 0 - 3

A golden opportunity to go to 2-0 in WIAC play and we take a dump all over it. Forget DE Lonnie Schwartz's 1.5 sacks or DE Antonio Beer's 3 forced fumbles when QB Lincoln Mandel throws 4 interceptions. We'll be starting QB Dustin Cheramine again next game, you can be sure of that.

Week 8
The usual visit deluge.

QB Barry Setzer
TE Cornell Jacobs
WR Frank Hett (UW-Oshkosh)
WR Mo Castillo (Eastern Michigan, UW-Platteville, Vanderbilt)
G Orlando Williams
K Paul Hauer (UAB)
DT Erik Grier
DT Drew Peters
ILB Louie Gilmore
ILB Derek Dawson (Ball State, Utah State, UW-Stevens Point)
OLB Brad Houston (New Mexico)
CB Marco Killens (UW-Oshkosh, UW-Stevens Point)
CB Greg McMaster
CB Brent Cable (UW-Oshkosh, UW-Platteville, UW-Stevens Point, UW-Whitewater)
S Jerome Long
S Rich Daniels

All 16 targets visit and we don't even have a game.

But by the end of the day, we have 5 answers.

K Paul Hauer signs on the spot, as does S Jerome Long, DT Drew Peters, and, in a considerable coup, CB Marco Killens. But CB Greg McMaster gets an 11th hour offer from UW-Platteville and signs with them.

K Paul Hauer - Sun Prairie High School - Sun Prairie, WI
Wisconsin All-State K ranked #63 in the country at his position, #1 in the state. High consistency 47++ guy with a 3.39 GPA and 1269 SAT. Nice score to start the recruiting season.

S Jerome Long - North High School - Eau Claire, WI
4th rated S in Wisconsin. 41- and one of those guys who's just average. Then again, we need secondary help.

DT Drew Peters - Menominee High School - Menominee, MI
At 200 miles, just fit the boundary. Michigan All-State DT with 7 sacks his senior year. Horrible Athletic Prep (5) and pass-rushing strength makes him ideally suited to a 4-3. 6-1, 246 means he might be shifted over to DE in college.

CB Marco Killens - Menomonee Falls High School - Menomonee Falls, WI
44- CB who is woefully undersized at 5'7. Biggest strength is in punt returning, which is where he'll probably suit up. I don't know if I see him ever making it on the field as an actual corner, but it felt good to beat out a couple other WIAC schools for him.

Week 9
We're one of 5 schools to make ILB Derek Dawson's cut. The others are Ball State, Duke, Utah State and UW-Stevens Point. He says he's considering Duke most, but I lay odds on the Pointers.

UW-La Crosse (1-4, 1-1) @ Lawrence (3-3, 2-1) (-7)
Code:
Weather: 35 degrees, fair. 1Q: 10:06 LAWR - Otis Szorcsik 12 run. 1Q: 10:06 LAWR - Walter MacMath extra point. 1Q: 00:08 LAWR - Herb Nelson 1 run. 1Q: 00:08 LAWR - Walter MacMath extra point. 2Q: 05:22 LAWR - Julio Jarvis 15 run. 2Q: 05:22 LAWR - Walter MacMath extra point. 2Q: 00:34 LAWR - Marty Lang 6 run. 2Q: 00:34 LAWR - Walter MacMath extra point. 3Q: 11:27 UWLX - Grady Osborne 49 field goal. 4Q: 08:38 LAWR - J.C. Tate 10 pass from Marty Lang. 4Q: 08:38 LAWR - Walter MacMath extra point. Game MVP: LAWR 75 John Gati UW-La Crosse 0 0 3 0 - 3 Lawrence University 14 14 0 7 - 35

...Ouch. The Vikings were out for blood after last season and they get it here bigtime. QB Dustin Cheramie was sacked 12 times. That's just ouch right there. DE Lonnie Schwartz had 3 TFL, but that's about all the good performance news. That and OLB Al Ford got another 9 tackles as he continues to have a quietly decent first season.

Four decisions in the mail.

WR Mo Callisto turns us down for Eastern Michigan and ILB Derek Dawson heads west to Utah State. ILB Louie Gilmore and S Rich Daniels are very cold comforts indeed.

ILB Louie Gilmore - Freedom High School - Freedom, WI
41+ LB from yet another terrible athletic prep school (11). Sad thing is, he's one of the best possible catches in this class.

S Rich Daniels - Clinton High School - Clinton, IA
Our third Iowa All-State defender in the last two years. His high school is a 2 Academic Prep, which explains his 664 SAT score. Huge academic risk, but 38++ means we'll take our chances and pour a lot of effort into making sure he passes all his classes.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Good riddance to the WIAC out of D3. Maybe a MWC team can win a playoff game now.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Cool dynasty here.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

Dark Cloud: What can I say? WIAC rules D3 football, baby!

bbgunn: Thanks. Recruiting is frustrating as hell, but that's all part of the challenge. Unfortunately, my laptop's back in AR, so I won't be able to update until late Friday night or sometime Saturday at the earliest.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Week 10
We add DT Johnnie Lewis to recruiting, who, even though he's a Red player and technically violates the rule, he idolizes UW-La Crosse and it's stupid not to offer an Idolizing player. So that's a new rule; if a player idolizes our school, it doesn't matter what color he is.

UW-La Crosse (1-5, 1-2) @ UW-Eau Claire (1-5, 0-3) (-7)
Code:
1Q: 12:03 UWEC - Curtis Alenduff 9 run. 1Q: 12:03 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 1Q: 06:39 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens 30 field goal. 1Q: 05:47 UWEC - Gino Henderson 31 pass from Scottie Poole. 1Q: 05:47 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 1Q: 02:48 UWEC - Scottie Poole 26 run. 1Q: 02:48 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 1Q: 00:00 UWEC - Desmond Berry 2 run. 1Q: 00:00 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 2Q: 08:22 UWEC - Drew Banks 3 pass from Scottie Poole. 2Q: 08:22 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 2Q: 01:42 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens 24 field goal. 2Q: 00:34 UWEC - Xavier Kremer 22 run. 2Q: 00:34 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 3Q: 12:36 UWEC - Xavier Kremer 1 run. 3Q: 12:36 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 3Q: 02:06 UWEC - Dusty Benzer 33 pass from Xavier Kremer. 3Q: 02:06 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. 4Q: 07:55 UWEC - Daniel Shannon 4 pass from Xavier Kremer. 4Q: 07:55 UWEC - Tyrus Stevens extra point. Game MVP: UWEC 9 Scottie Poole UW-La Crosse 0 0 0 0 - 0 UW-Eau Claire 31 17 14 7 - 69

...Yeah, I don't know what the hell happened here. We got owned, I know that much. WR Eric Puente caught 4 passes for 80 yards for the lone even semi-highlight.

But then we get fantastic recruiting news!

CB Brent Cable - Hale High School - West Allis, WI
All-State Wisconsin CB with a glittering 3.98 GPA and 1380 SAT. 17 Athletic Prep is bad, but 61+ rating isn't and nor is Academic Prep of 91. Go ahead and pen him in as the biggest catch this recruiting season. Nobody, and I mean nobody, thought we had a shot at landing him, but we did.

Week 11
UW-Oshkosh (1-7, 1-4) @ UW-La Crosse (1-6, 1-3) (-6)
Code:
1Q: 11:54 UWLX - Sherman Barrington 6 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 1Q: 11:54 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 1Q: 08:41 UWLX - Bob Woodling 30 run. 1Q: 08:41 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 1Q: 02:16 UWLX - Bob Woodling 1 run. 1Q: 02:16 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 11:56 UWLX - Eric Puente 11 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 2Q: 11:56 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 08:36 UWLX - Grady Osborne 34 field goal. 3Q: 13:15 UWLX - Eric Puente 55 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 3Q: 13:15 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 09:23 UWOK - Thurman Winslett 1 pass from Brent Louchiey. 3Q: 09:23 UWOK - Bo Covey extra point. 3Q: 04:20 UWLX - Steven Coleman 1 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 3Q: 04:20 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 05:54 UWLX - Donovan Szalay 5 run. 4Q: 05:54 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 11 Dustin Cheramie UW-Oshkosh 0 0 7 0 - 7 UW-La Crosse 21 10 14 7 - 52

Will the real UW-L Eagles please stand up, please stand up? A week after getting raped by the Blugolds, we pound the Titans into submission behind RB Bob Woodling's 14 carries for 93 yards and 2 TDs, QB Dustin Cheramie's record-setting 23/31 for 307 yards and 4 TDs and WR Eric Puente's 6 catches for 145 yards and 2 TDs. Puente is quietly establishing himself as our top WR in his freshman season and it's great to see.

DT Johnnie Lewis and OLB Brad Houston commit to the dotted line.

DT Johnnie Lewis - Logan HS - La Crosse, WI
Last year, it was S Pete Rivera. This season it's Lewis as the local product we snap up. 3.71 GPA and 1377 SAT. It's great to grab another player from Logan, because of the aforementioned 70/85 Athletic/Academic Prep. Rivera's starting for us this year, which might bode well for Lewis of the 25+, but I doubt it. 6'1, 255 pass-rushing specialist. We're having a hard time finding that big, sexy 3-4 DT.

OLB Brad Houston - Caledonia HS - Caledonia, MN
6th ranked OLB in Minnesota and he doesn't excite all that much, except for the fact that he's a 40++ ranked player. I don't know that he'll knock out Al Ford or Bo Severson, and his 18 Academic Prep is worrying, but we need all the on-field talent we can get right about now.

Week 12
UW-La Crosse (2-6, 2-3) @ UW-Whitewater (6-3, 5-0) (-17)
Code:
1Q: 08:47 UWWH - Marty Eby 1 run. 1Q: 08:47 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 1Q: 07:54 UWWH - Donny Norris 31 interception return. 1Q: 07:54 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 1Q: 01:20 UWLX - Grady Osborne 44 field goal. 2Q: 10:17 UWWH - Burt Warhurst 5 pass from Desmond Montgomery. 2Q: 10:17 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 2Q: 06:23 UWWH - Burt Warhurst 49 pass from Desmond Montgomery. 2Q: 06:23 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 3Q: 08:49 UWWH - Cornelius Atkins 7 run. 3Q: 08:49 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 4Q: 12:35 UWWH - Cornelius Atkins 25 run. 4Q: 12:35 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. Game MVP: UWWH 9 Burt Warhurst UW-La Crosse 3 0 0 0 - 3 UW-Whitewater 14 14 7 7 - 42

About what I expected. The Warhawks are the top team in the WIAC. Decent game from Bob Woodling with 87 yards on 12 carries and OLB Al Ford got in on 6 tackles and 7 assists, but is what it is.

Lots of email this week, including RB Bob Woodling in danger of failing a class. QB Barry Setzer, TE Cornell Jacobs, WR Frank Hett, and, in the biggest signing, Red T Timothy Snyder, all join the recruiting class, but WR Darrell Downing spurns us for Missouri.

QB Barry Setzer - Southwest HS - Green Bay, WI
7th ranked QB in the state. 28+ and nothing exciting about him. I only recruited him so we'd have a QB and because Setzer is one of my favorite Final Fantasy characters.

TE Cornell Jacobs - Elgin HS - Elgin, IL
Another whatever type player. 36- from an okay (44/43) high school.

WR Frank Hett - Oregon HS - Oregon, WI
Idolizes the Badgers, but Madison wasn't interested in the 6th ranked WR and his 46- rating. Terrible Athletic Prep (18) and probably a career reserve, but his initial rating is higher than most of the rest of the class.

T Timothy Snyder - Cambridge-Isanti HS - Cambridge, MN
All-State Minnesota, #2 T in the state. 53+ rating, Terrific attitude, he looks like a keeper, even with the suspect 25 Athletic Prep. But with 3 senior tackles on the roster and no other tackles recruited, he was a huge, huge need and should be a true freshman starter.

Week 13
T Lonnie Briggs is our newest recruit target.

UW-Stout (4-5, 4-2) (-5) @ UW-La Crosse (2-7, 2-4)
Code:
1Q: 04:41 UWST - Toby Carrasco 14 run. 1Q: 04:41 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 2Q: 06:29 UWLX - Edgar Reinert 1 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 2Q: 06:29 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 00:00 UWST - Mario Klug 18 field goal. 3Q: 10:17 UWLX - Grady Osborne 29 field goal. 3Q: 02:11 UWST - Tony Haberman 5 run. 3Q: 02:11 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. 4Q: 01:52 UWLX - Steven Coleman 19 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 4Q: 01:52 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. OT: 12:18 UWST - Harvey Farias 7 pass from Broderick Gray. OT: 12:18 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. OT: 11:08 UWLX - Eric Puente 7 pass from Dustin Cheramie. OT: 11:08 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. OT: 14:16 UWLX - Donovan Szalay 15 run. OT: 14:16 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. OT: 14:47 UWST - Toby Carrasco 12 run. OT: 14:47 UWST - Mario Klug extra point. OT: 13:24 UWST - Marshall Snyder 3 pass from Broderick Gray. OT: 13:24 UWST - Broderick Gray pass to Bert Armstrong for conversion OT: 14:05 UWST - Harvey Northern 94 interception return. Game MVP: UWST 28 Bill Grant UW-Stout 7 3 7 0 28 - 45 UW-La Crosse 0 7 3 7 14 - 31

The good news is we took Point to OT. The bad news is, we got killed when we got there. QB Dustin Cheramie was 26/40 for 291 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs, including the game killer. OLB Al Ford led the defense with 10 tackles, 2 assists, and 2 pass defenses.

G Orlando Williams and DT Erik Grier join up.

G Orlando Williams - Champlin Park HS - Champlin, MN
Minnesota All-State 33+ guard with 19 Athletic Prep. Oh well, it's always nice to collect another All-State player, especially given how bad our line is.

DT Erik Grier - Freeport HS - Freeport, IL
4.00 GPA and 1500 SAT is the single best academic recruit we've ever had. High consistency and 31+ ranking, plus an Excellent attitude and 99 Academic Prep. Unfortunately, 13 Athletic Prep. He'll have an interesting fight for the DT playing time with other our recruits there.

Week 14
Our hopes of having a winning anything are over, so I'll just say that 6-4 Buffalo pummeled us 31-7 in New York and that OLB Al Ford racked up 13 tackles and 5 assists, with 2 TFL and a pass defense.

We also filled out our recruiting class with T Lonnie Briggs.

T Lonnie Briggs - Ankeny HS - Ankeny, IA
Another Iowa All-State player, this time on the offensive side of the ball. 34+ player from a 47/70 high school and a minor coup at this late, late stage of recruiting. My hunch is we'll see a Snyder/Briggs T combo next season.

Code:
Player Pos ST Visit Cost Dist. Fit Score $$Cable, Brent CB WI 290 171 61 **Snyder, Timothy T MN 285 156 66 $$Hauer, Paul K WI 270 110 75 $$Hett, Frank WR WI 270 112 73 $$Killens, Marlon CB WI 287 163 72 ##Gilmore, Louie ILB WI 284 152 79 $$Long, Jerome S WI 257 71 87 $$Houston, Brad OLB MN 240 19 70 $$Daniels, Rich S IA 283 149 94 $$Jacobs, Cornell TE IL 298 195 89 $$Peters, Drew DT MI 316 200 80 ##Briggs, Lonnie T IA 297 191 71 ##Williams, Orlando G MN 280 141 77 ##Grier, Erik DT IL 278 135 72 ##Setzer, Barry QB WI 289 168 78 **Lewis, Johnnie DT WI 234 0 76 Player Scout Phone Visit Emphasis Status $$Cable, Brent 61+ 4 3 Acad*/Dist Committed * **Snyder, Timothy 53+ 4 3 Acad*/Dist Committed * $$Hauer, Paul 47++ 2 2 Prest/Dist Committed * $$Hett, Frank 46- 4 3 Acad/Prest Committed * $$Killens, Marlon 44- 4 3 Acad*/Dist Committed * ##Gilmore, Louie 41+ 1 1 Dist/Prest Committed * $$Long, Jerome 41- 1 1 Prest*/Acad Committed * $$Houston, Brad 40++ 4 2 Dist*/Acad Committed * $$Daniels, Rich 38++ 1 1 Prest*/Dist Committed * $$Jacobs, Cornell 36- 1 1 Dist/Prest Committed * $$Peters, Drew 36+ 1 1 Dist/Prest Committed * ##Briggs, Lonnie 34+ 1 1 Prest/Acad Committed * ##Williams, Orlando 33+ 1 1 Prest/Acad Committed * ##Grier, Erik 32+ 1 1 Acad*/Prest Committed * ##Setzer, Barry 28+ 1 1 Acad/Prest Committed * **Lewis, Johnnie 25+ 1 1 Acad/Dist Committed *

Code:
Player Pos HT WT ST NRank ByPos StRank ByPos $$Hauer, Paul K 6-0 167 WI --- 63 43 1 ##Williams, Orlando G 6-4 267 MN --- --- 49 2 ##Briggs, Lonnie T 6-6 288 IA --- --- 29 2 **Snyder, Timothy T 6-6 294 MN --- --- 25 2 $$Peters, Drew DT 6-1 246 MI --- --- 74 2 $$Cable, Brent CB 5-11 165 WI --- --- 29 2 $$Daniels, Rich S 6-0 173 IA --- --- 28 3 ##Setzer, Barry QB 6-3 182 WI --- --- --- 7 $$Jacobs, Cornell TE 6-4 225 IL --- --- 94 7 $$Hett, Frank WR 6-1 177 WI --- --- 48 6 **Lewis, Johnnie DT 6-1 255 WI --- --- 68 3 ##Grier, Erik DT 6-5 260 IL --- --- 98 9 ##Gilmore, Louie ILB 6-2 203 WI --- --- 77 6 $$Houston, Brad OLB 6-1 203 MN --- --- 35 6 $$Killens, Marlon CB 5-7 153 WI --- --- 53 6 $$Long, Jerome S 6-0 183 WI --- --- 65 4 Player All-St All-US Status $$Hauer, Paul Yes No Committed * ##Williams, Orlando Yes No Committed * ##Briggs, Lonnie Yes No Committed * **Snyder, Timothy Yes No Committed * $$Peters, Drew Yes No Committed * $$Cable, Brent Yes No Committed * $$Daniels, Rich Yes No Committed * ##Setzer, Barry No No Committed * $$Jacobs, Cornell No No Committed * $$Hett, Frank No No Committed * **Lewis, Johnnie No No Committed * ##Grier, Erik No No Committed * ##Gilmore, Louie No No Committed * $$Houston, Brad No No Committed * $$Killens, Marlon No No Committed * $$Long, Jerome No No Committed *

Cable and Snyder really saved what was looking like an awful class. We're still looking like one of the worst teams in the country and probably a bottom feeder even in the WIAC, but hopefully we're improving.

Code:
School W L T Pct PF PA W L T Pct PF PA Streak UW-Whitewater 8 3 0 .727 254 223 7 0 0 1.000 220 110 Won 6 UW-Stout 5 6 0 .454 262 290 5 2 0 .714 225 159 Lost 1 Lawrence University 5 6 0 .454 255 238 4 3 0 .571 179 118 Lost 3 UW-Eau Claire 6 5 0 .545 349 261 4 3 0 .571 238 119 Won 5 UW-Stevens Point 3 8 0 .272 163 453 3 4 0 .428 139 207 Lost 3 UW-Platteville 2 9 0 .181 174 354 2 5 0 .285 133 158 Won 1 **UW-La Crosse 2 9 0 .181 226 402 2 5 0 .285 137 239 Lost 3 UW-Oshkosh 1 10 0 .090 161 455 1 6 0 .142 103 264 Lost 4

At least we didn't finish last. But on the other hand, we went 3-4 in conference last year, so it's not a good thing altogether.

Code:
Record: 2-9 Rank: 117 UW-La Crosse Team Rank Rushes 300 111 Rushing Yards 909 112 Yards Per Carry 3.03 106 Pass Attempts 376 23 Completions 185 44 Passing Yards 2198 58 Yards Per Attempt 5.84 96 (T) 3rd Down Conversions 27.2 112 Points Per Game 20.5 88 Turnovers 33 119 (T) Turnover Margin -12 112 (T) Opponents Team Rank Rushes 458 114 Rushing Yards 2202 118 Yards Per Carry 4.80 112 Pass Attempts 313 49 (T) Completions 179 71 (T) Passing Yards 2291 73 Yards Per Attempt 7.31 81 3rd Down Conversions 39.7 90 Points Per Game 36.5 113 Turnovers 21 55 (T) Primary Formation: Single-Back Formation Week Team Versus Oppnt 2 21 ALBI (91) 33 3 28 NMEX (63) 58 5 45 at UWSP (112) 17 6 33 NILL (46) 41 7 3 UWPV (116) 24 9 3 at LAWR (72) 35 10 0 at UWEC (65) 69 11 52 UWOK (124) 7 12 3 at UWWH (45) 42 13 31 UWST (73) 45 14 7 at BUFF (55) 31 Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int 11 Cheramie QB 224 119 1361 6.07 9 11 1 Mandel QB 111 53 688 6.19 3 7 17 Gomez QB 41 13 149 3.63 1 4 Team --- 376 185 2198 5.84 13 22 Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst 35 Woodling RB 114 548 4.80 6 19 27 41 Szalay RB 63 353 5.60 4 6 5 11 Cheramie QB 57 -122 -2.14 0 37 219 21 Hitchcock RB 34 131 3.85 2 8 10 1 Mandel QB 22 -39 -1.77 0 15 86 Team --- 300 909 3.03 13 90 374 Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD 88 Puente WR 89 40 683 17.0 209 5 6 Coleman WR 75 33 390 11.8 138 2 85 Barrington WR 48 21 229 10.9 60 1 35 Woodling RB 44 29 189 6.5 100 1 3 Hyland WR 41 21 324 15.4 104 2 [color="DarkRed"]41 Szalay RB 24 12 64 5.3 65 0 [/color[ 80 Hayes TE 21 11 128 11.6 118 1 83 Reinert WR 19 8 92 11.5 30 1 Team --- 376 185 2198 11.8 893 13 Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn 50 Ford OLB 95 34 0.0 4 0 5 39 Rivera S 48 19 0.0 2 1 2 28 Pearson CB 46 12 0.0 2 0 0 46 Maugh S 42 13 0.0 3 1 4 53 Severson OLB 40 17 2.0 4 1 2 52 Tan OLB 39 11 0.0 4 1 0 75 Schwartz DE 37 14 8.0 11 0 0 97 Beer DE 37 14 2.5 4 0 1 56 Delgado ILB 34 26 1.0 4 4 5 22 Sheldon CB 25 4 0.0 2 0 4 99 Kamstra ILB 24 9 0.0 1 1 2 44 Newton S 20 7 0.0 1 1 4 48 Muyers ILB 18 11 0.0 1 1 0 96 Barber DT 17 4 1.0 3 0 0 49 Rider CB 16 4 0.0 0 1 1 98 Frederick OLB 11 4 0.0 1 0 0 Team --- 669 218 24.0 59 12 34

Bright spots: WR Eric Puente, OLB Al Ford, DE Lonnie Schwartz, ILB Geoff Delgado. Everything else looked pretty bad, though.

The good news is, we're quite a young team. And I wouldn't worry too much about all those graduating seniors in the rushing column, because RB Winfred Tanner is redshirted, remember. I'm a bit surprised that WR Heath Hyland continues to show no signs of dominating, even though he's the most talented player on the roster by far.

Postseason Notes
Undefeated Texas won a defensive slugfust 10-7 over Utah. Who says mid-major teams can't make the championship game?

WIAC National Recognition
S Bill Grant - UW-Stout - National Defensive Freshman of the Year, 1st Team All-American National All-Freshman Team
T Wesley McCarthy - UW-Eau Claire - 1st Team All-American, National All-Senior Team
T Oscar Keyser - UW-Oshkosh - 2nd Team All-American
TE Daniel Shannon - UW-Eau Claire - National All-Freshman Team
ILB Glen Dole - UW-Whitewater - National All-Freshman Team
OLB Al Ford - UW-La Crosse - National All-Freshman Team

Our first nationally recognized player!!! No surprise that it's Ford.

UW-La Crosse Awards
OLB Al Ford - National All-Freshman Team, 1st Team All-WIAC
RB Bob Woodling - 2nd Team All-WIAC
WR Eric Puente - 2nd Team All-WIAC

Recruiting Rankings
88. UW-Stout
96. Lawrence
100. UW-Whitewater
107. UW-Platteville
122. UW-Stevens Point
123. UW-Oshkosh
124. UW-Eau Claire
125. UW-La Crosse (Dead last again)

Not a surprise, although Stout's success -is- a shocker. Whitewater's been the most consistent recruiter in the first two years, which makes sense.

36 Final Grade, ranging from a high of 50 (Recruiting Performance) to a low of 12 (Alumni Donations). Quite a nice change from the 16 Recruiting Performance of last year.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

A New Year
Heh. Get a nationally recognized defensive player and what happens? Your defensive coordinator gets hired away. And of course, it's a horrible year for DCs, so I hire a guy who is Excellent/Fair/Decent at developing to be a stopgap for a year.

Code:
Cheramie, Dustin 11 QB Sr 5 5 DiMaio, Marco 10 QB So* 13 13 Setzer, Barry 19 QB Fr 0 32 Matthews, Claude 9 QB* Jr* 1 23 Gomez, Keith 17 QB* Sr* 12 35

We know what we've got in Cheramie and it isn't good. Setzer will redshirt and we'll give RS Freshman DiMaio the chance to start, with Cheramie his backup and ready to move back to the starting role if he falters.

Code:
Hitchcock, Jeremy 21 RB Sr 14 26 Ranek, Jake 27 RB Jr* 19 19 Tanner, Winfred 40 RB So* 21 51 Patterson, Eddie 32 FB* Fr 1 2 Quaccia, Greg 29 FB* Fr 3 3

Tanner continues the RS Freshman starting trend by getting the nod there. Hitchcock is the #2 man. We really need to recruit at RB. FB, of course, is a nothing position in our singleback offense.

Code:
Malloy, Chad 94 TE Sr* 9 30 Keith, K.C. 86 TE Sr 16 20 Strickland, Kennedy 87 TE So* 31 81 Jacobs, Cornell 96 TE Fr 10 19 Reinert, Edgar 83 WR Jr 11 17 Drake, Jon 8 WR Jr 10 10 Hyland, Heath 3 WR Sr 46 46 Richmond, Russell 2 WR Jr* 12 19 Fredrickson, Randal 81 WR Sr 13 13 Coleman, Steven 6 WR So 24 49 Puente, Eric 88 WR So 27 29 Hett, Frank 85 WR Fr 18 25

Huge jump by Strickland, who gives us our third straight RS Freshman starting. Keith will be his backup and Jacobs gets a redshirt. Hyland and Puente will start, with Coleman and Hett the #3 and #4 WRs. I'm actually feeling pretty good about our WR corps, all things considered. Well, actually Coleman starts, too, because it's a 3 WR offense.

Code:
Dion, Billy Joe 59 C* Fr 10 10 Compton, Mickey 55 C* Fr 3 6 Woods, J.J. 66 G Sr 22 22 Brooking, Raymond 77 G Jr 8 26 Bidwell, Artie 70 G So* 30 43 Cosell, Rondell 61 G So 29 51 Williams, Orlando 62 G Fr 4 44 Ellison, Burt 63 T Sr* 19 26 Briggs, Lonnie 65 T Fr 6 23 Snyder, Timothy 64 T Fr 14 58 Cox, Leroy 68 T* Fr 1 5

I forgot to recruit a center, so it's the walk-on Dion there. Guard goes to RS Freshman Bidwell and his classmate Cosell, with Williams as the main backup. Ellison and Briggs will start at T, because I really want to redshirt Snyder.

Code:
Mohr, Ricardo 7 P So* 19 54 Beyer, Wally 1 P* Fr 0 0 Osborne, Grady 12 K Sr* 40 40 Jennings, Clay 18 K Sr 28 29 Hauer, Paul 5 K Fr 5 65

Mohr and Osborne, with Hauer redshirting.

Code:
Tanner, Al 76 DE Jr 10 11 Hamilton, Norm 74 DE Sr* 5 22 Schwartz, Lonnie 75 DE Jr 30 52 Beer, Antonio 97 DE So 19 29 Plangeard, Doug 72 DT Sr 7 27 Spinks, Cary 79 DT Jr* 6 6 Emerson, Luther 92 DT Jr 7 7 Lewis, Johnnie 78 DT Fr 4 38 Peters, Drew 71 DT Fr 9 21 Grier, Erik 73 DT Fr 13 23

Well, there's no lack of options here, but most of them aren't good. Schwartz and Beer are the DE choices and we'll go with Grier at DT with Lewis his backup. Peters gets a redshirt.

Code:
Kamstra, Jumbo 99 ILB Sr 12 12 Delgado, Geoff 56 ILB So 22 52 Gilmore, Louie 43 ILB Fr 8 56 Muyers, Cary 48 ILB* Jr 6 14 Turner, Ricardo 95 ILB* Jr 4 20 Berggren, Benjamin 93 ILB* Jr 3 20 Schafluetzel, Mickey 90 OLB Jr* 9 9 Frederick, Orlando 98 OLB Sr 16 29 Reagor, Tito 45 OLB Sr* 7 35 Tan, Monty 52 OLB So 5 14 Ford, Al 50 OLB So 46 46 Severson, Bubba 53 OLB So 8 34 Houston, Brad 51 OLB Fr 8 41 Scogin, Wendell 91 OLB* Sr 13 13 Randle, Andy 57 OLB* Jr* 9 29

I cut Randle. Gilmore gets redshirted and it'll be Delgado and Kamstra manning the middle. OLB starting spots go to Ford and Severson, while Houston gets a red shirt.

Code:
Sheldon, Austin 22 CB So 24 27 Killens, Marlon 41 CB Fr 6 60 Cable, Brent 23 CB Fr 6 56 Pearson, Bryant 28 CB* Sr* 10 10 Harrington, Clarence 38 CB* So 9 9 Newton, Billy Joe 44 S Jr 17 17 Knight, Sammy 25 S Sr* 9 9 Maugh, Jared 46 S Jr 18 18 Webster, Marlon 20 S So* 24 62 Rivera, Peter 47 S So 21 27 Long, Jerome 33 S Fr 16 21 Daniels, Rich 24 S Fr 31 57

As much as I'd love to redshirt him, Cable's already one of the best CBs on the roster, so he and Sheldon will start. And actually, I'll probably pull Snyder's redshirt too, because T is only one injury away from needing to yank it. We're positively stacked at safety, and even though I should redshirt him, I'm going to start Daniels with Webster.

Week 1
Nobody idolizes us this year, which isn't a surprise.

We're once again bit by the 200 mile bug, as there's a 265 mile red line QB with a base of 71, but sadly, we have to deal with scrubs again.

Recruiting Targets
QB Rick Keefe (Red-line and the only decent QB in a 200 mile radius)
RB Tyrell Davis
WR Buddy Robinson
C Myron Reeves
T Ernest Graham
ILB Preston Torres

Week 2
RB Tyrell Davis has Duke sniffing around him and I'll be pissed if the Blue Devils tap into my pipeline.

New Targets
OLB Rod Jenkins
OLB Norbert Ramussen
CB Nicky Bergeron
S Stanley Blackburn
RB Nicky Atkins
TE Buddy Oelschlager
C Dominic Gelat

Buffalo (0-0) @ UW-La Crosse (-2)
Code:
1Q: 11:42 UWLX - Grady Osborne 42 field goal. 1Q: 03:19 BUFF - Buddy Mota 26 field goal. 3Q: 14:54 BUFF - Harvey Alexander 85 kickoff return. 3Q: 14:54 BUFF - Buddy Mota extra point. 3Q: 10:16 UWLX - Grady Osborne 42 field goal. 3Q: 05:02 BUFF - Buddy Mota 32 field goal. 3Q: 00:25 BUFF - Blaine Hurd 1 run. 3Q: 00:25 BUFF - Buddy Mota extra point. 4Q: 10:54 BUFF - Neal Namath 2 run. 4Q: 10:54 BUFF - Buddy Mota extra point. 4Q: 06:12 BUFF - Neal Namath 9 pass from Tyrus Sauceda. 4Q: 06:12 BUFF - Buddy Mota extra point. Game MVP: BUFF 43 Neal Namath Buffalo 3 0 17 14 - 34 UW-La Crosse 3 0 3 0 - 6

This is the same team that beat us 31-7 last year, so the result's no shocker. WR Eric Puente picked up where he left off last year with 6 catches for 73 yards and DE Lonnie Schwartz had 9 tackles, 3 assists, a sack, a hurry, a TFL and a forced fumble.

And then the bad news. Star OLB Al Ford tears his knee cartilage and will miss most of the season. Just great. Sophomore OLB Monty Tan will start in his place.

Week 3
T Earnest Graham has scholarship offers from Wyoming and UW-Oshkosh.

New Targets
T Daryl Tjandranegara
DT Casey Blasick
DE Rico Winters

UAB (0-1) @ UW-La Crosse (0-1) (-2)
Code:
1Q: 09:05 UWLX - Steven Coleman 4 pass from Marco DiMaio. 1Q: 09:05 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 1Q: 05:51 ALBI - Daniel Roberts 9 pass from Walt Came. 1Q: 05:51 ALBI - Phil Tanner extra point. 1Q: 02:18 ALBI - Matt Knell 4 run. 1Q: 02:18 ALBI - Phil Tanner extra point. 2Q: 09:54 ALBI - Alonzo Richmond 8 run. 2Q: 09:54 ALBI - Phil Tanner extra point. 2Q: 00:51 UWLX - Jake Ranek 1 run. 2Q: 00:51 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 11:30 UWLX - Grady Osborne 23 field goal. 4Q: 14:31 UWLX - Grady Osborne 34 field goal. 4Q: 07:42 ALBI - Sammy Harden 8 pass from Walt Came. 4Q: 07:42 ALBI - Phil Tanner extra point. 4Q: 02:30 ALBI - Matt Knell 2 run. 4Q: 02:30 ALBI - Phil Tanner extra point. Game MVP: ALBI 24 Alonzo Richmond Alabama-Birmingham 14 7 0 14 - 35 UW-La Crosse 7 7 3 3 - 20

I wonder how differently this would have gone if we still had Ford. 4 interceptions by QB Marco DiMaio didn't help either, giving him 6 in two games. It may be time for a switch. On the other hand, S Marlon Webster had 13 tackles, 2 assists, a TFL, and a pass defense.

Week 4
Visiting
C Dominic Gelat

To be honest, I'm only recruiting him because 1) we need centers and 2) his school's a great pipeline to tap into. WR Buddy Robinson now has a certain Ohio school after him.

Week 5
UW-Oshkosh is sniffing around OLB Norbert Rasmussen and UW-Stevens Point is gunning for CB Nicky Bergeron and worse yet, the Pointers will probably land him.

UW-La Crosse (0-2) @ UW-Oshkosh (0-2) (-3)
Code:
1Q: 06:18 UWOK - Juan Farmer 14 run. 1Q: 06:18 UWOK - Todd Heyerdahl extra point. 1Q: 02:09 UWLX - Steven Coleman 6 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 1Q: 02:09 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 01:17 UWOK - Jason Fuller 4 run. 2Q: 01:17 UWOK - Todd Heyerdahl extra point. 2Q: 00:07 UWLX - Grady Osborne 36 field goal. 3Q: 13:49 UWOK - Juan Farmer 24 run. 3Q: 13:49 UWOK - Todd Heyerdahl extra point. 3Q: 06:40 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 4 run. 3Q: 06:40 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 00:39 UWLX - Grady Osborne 28 field goal. 3Q: 00:31 UWOK - Ethan Pyne 54 fumble return. 3Q: 00:31 UWOK - Todd Heyerdahl extra point. 4Q: 11:19 UWLX - Heath Hyland 13 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 4Q: 11:19 UWLX - Winfred Tanner run for conversion. 4Q: 08:13 UWOK - Donnie Murray 38 fumble return. 4Q: 08:13 UWOK - Todd Heyerdahl extra point. 4Q: 01:10 UWLX - Heath Hyland 27 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 4Q: 01:10 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. OT: 14:43 UWLX - Heath Hyland 10 pass from Dustin Cheramie. OT: 14:43 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. OT: 14:42 UWOK - Juan Farmer 3 pass from Jason Fuller. OT: 14:42 UWOK - Todd Heyerdahl extra point. OT: 13:28 UWOK - Donnie Murray 10 pass from Jason Fuller. OT: 13:28 UWOK - Todd Heyerdahl extra point. Game MVP: UWOK 28 Juan Farmer UW-La Crosse 7 3 10 15 7 - 42 UW-Oshkosh 7 7 14 7 14 - 49

What a knife in the heart. To play that damn well and to lose in overtime. It's sickening. QB Dustin Cheramie played well enough to win at 24/38 for 282 yards, 4 TDs and 2 INTs, with WR Heath Hyland finally having a good game at 5 catches for 90 yards and 3 TDs. S Rich Daniels racked up 14 tackles, an assist, 2 TFL and a pass defense to lead the collapsing D.

Week 5
UCF is the latest offer to WR Buddy Robinson and CB Nicky Bergeron is visiting UW-Stevens Point. Rough news.

Northern Illinois (3-1) (-19) @ UW-La Crosse (0-3)
Code:
1Q: 10:05 UWLX - Kennedy Strickland 13 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 1Q: 10:05 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 1Q: 04:03 NILL - Barry Becker 38 field goal. 2Q: 11:53 NILL - Barry Becker 23 field goal. 3Q: 14:31 UWLX - Eric Puente 61 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 3Q: 14:31 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 08:58 NILL - Louie Fisher recovered blocked punt in end zone. 3Q: 08:58 NILL - Archie Gaines pass to Travis Uerkwitz for conversion 3Q: 06:16 NILL - Barry Becker 21 field goal. 4Q: 06:29 UWLX - Kennedy Strickland 7 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 4Q: 06:29 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 88 Eric Puente

Say hello to the single biggest upset of my career! WR Eric Puente caught 4 passes for 86 yards and a TD and TE Kennedy Strickland had 2 TD receptions himself as part of QB Dustin Cheramie's 207 yard, 3 TD, 2 INT day. What a phenomenal game! We also sacked the Huskies' QB 5 times, each one to a different player.

But of course, the good news has to come with bad: T Timothy Snyder tears his calf muscle and is done for the year. What is it all with my top youngsters getting hurt?

Week 7
UW-La Crosse (1-3, 0-1) (-2) @ UW-Stevens Point (0-4, 0-1)
Code:
1Q: 07:30 UWSP - Dixon Fisk 45 interception return. 1Q: 07:30 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 1Q: 03:20 UWSP - Eugene Boone 4 run. 1Q: 03:20 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 2Q: 14:00 UWSP - Wes Fredrickson 29 pass from Brenden Porter. 2Q: 14:00 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 2Q: 07:38 UWLX - Heath Hyland 8 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 2Q: 07:38 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 12:39 UWLX - Jumbo Kamstra 45 interception return. 3Q: 12:39 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 05:30 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 4 run. 3Q: 05:30 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 08:53 UWLX - Grady Osborne 18 field goal. 4Q: 01:00 UWSP - Carlos Hotchkiss 13 run. 4Q: 01:00 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. Game MVP: UWSP 41 Eugene Boone UW-La Crosse 0 7 14 3 - 24 UW-Stevens Point 14 7 0 7 - 28

Why the hell can't we win these god damned close WIAC games?! QB Dustin Cheramie picks a piss-poor time to throw 4 picks and I'm so pissed I can't be happy about S Rich Daniels 17 tackles, 7 assists, 2 interceptions and pass defense.

More beautiful news. CB Nicky Beregon gets so happy about the Pointers' win, he commits to UW-SP on the spot. FUCK YOU, NICKY!

...And of course, our best damned pass-rusher, DE Lonnie Schwartz breaks his motherfucking arm and is gone for the year. FUCK YOU, TCY AND FUCK YOU, STEVENS POINT!

Ugh, I'm so pissed right now, a hot cheerleader showing up at my door with an acceptance letter from Columbia for me might not eliminate all my fury.

Week 8

Visits
QB Rick Keefe
RB Nicky Atkins
RB Tyrell Davis
TE Buddy Oelschlager
WR Buddy Robinson
C Myron Reeves
T Earl Graham
T Daryl T
DE Rico Winters
DT Casey Blasick
ILB Preston Torres
OLB Rod Jenkins
OLB Norbert Rasmussen
S Stanley Blackburn

UW-Eau Claire (1-5, 0-2) (-3) @ UW-La Crosse (1-4, 0-2)
Code:
1Q: 12:10 UWEC - Scottie Poole 12 run. 1Q: 12:10 UWEC - Alfred Weber extra point. 1Q: 06:33 UWLX - Grady Osborne 27 field goal. 1Q: 03:11 UWEC - Dixon Tosheff 52 fumble return. 1Q: 03:11 UWEC - Alfred Weber extra point. 2Q: 14:25 UWLX - Steven Coleman 40 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 2Q: 14:25 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 01:17 UWEC - Gus Reid 2 run. 2Q: 01:17 UWEC - Alfred Weber extra point. 3Q: 07:35 UWEC - Daniel Shannon 9 pass from Scottie Poole. 3Q: 07:35 UWEC - Alfred Weber extra point. 4Q: 11:48 UWEC - Drew Banks 1 run. 4Q: 11:48 UWEC - Alfred Weber extra point. 4Q: 02:30 UWLX - Jake Ranek 3 run. 4Q: 02:30 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 00:25 UWLX - Frank Hett 5 pass from Marco DiMaio. 4Q: 00:25 UWLX - Marco DiMaio run for conversion failed. Game MVP: UWEC 63 Orlando Small UW-Eau Claire 14 7 7 7 - 35 UW-La Crosse 3 7 0 13 - 23

Whatever. WR Steven Coleman with 6 catches for 129 yards and a TD.

WR Buddy Robinson goes to fun and sun in South Florida, but we grab T Ernest Graham from a bunch of greedy jerks.

T Ernest Graham - Northwestern HS - Maple, WI
3rd ranked tackle in the state and 37+. Average high school, which given how shallow we are at T and how crummy most of our recruits' high schools are, is probably good enough to him starting from Day One.

New Targets
WR Steven Castillo
G Neal Burmeister

No game, but a ton of e-mails.

Accepted
OLB Rod Jenkins
DT Casey Blasick
C Dominic Gelat
RB Nicky Atkins
QB Rick Keefe

Rejected
S Stanley Blackburn (UW-Stevens Point)
RB Tyrell Davis (Arkansas State)

OLB Rod Jenkins - Craig HS - Janesville, WI
5th ranked in WI OLB is smart as hell and 44+. 10 Athletic Prep, but 80 Academic Prep. In short, the kind of thing we've come to expect here in Sucky Eagle country.

DT Casey Blasick - Iola-Scandinavia HS - Iola, WI
3rd ranked DT in the state. High consistency and 37+. Worshipped UW-Stevens Point, but the Pointers were too busy stealing recruits from us. Honestly, I don't care that we stole this guy. Great academic credentials.

C Dominic Gelat - Gale-Ettrick-Tremp HS - Galesville, WI
Giant pile of suck. 70/54 Athletic/Academic Prep is the only reason he gets a free ride.

RB Nicky Atkins - Oelwein HS, Oelwein, IA
Because you know it wouldn't be a recruiting class without signing an Iowa All-State player. 31+ and stellar academics, but another 11 Athletic Prep school.

QB Rick Keefe - Garner-Hayfield HS - Garner, IA
#2 ranked QB in Iowa, but wasn't All-State thanks to a 37.9% completion rate. Whatever. He's 42+ and the 97th ranked QB in the country. Around here, that's practically like getting Dan Marino. This signing alleviates some of the butt-hurt this season's been giving me, but nowhere near close to all of it.

At least OLB Al Ford is back and ready to play next week.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

I have stuff to do, but am too tired to sleep, yet not energetic enough to do the things that need doing. So that means another update. Yes, it's a flurry of updating.

Week 10
Getting OLB Al Ford back is huge, but it may be too late to even save our conference season.

Lawrence (3-3, 2-1) (-9) @ UW-La Crosse (1-5, 0-3)
Code:
1Q: 05:07 LAWR - Julio Jarvis 21 run. 1Q: 05:07 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 1Q: 00:11 LAWR - Dwight Wasiak 13 pass from Quinn Crotti. 1Q: 00:11 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 2Q: 00:03 UWLX - Grady Osborne 32 field goal. 3Q: 11:06 UWLX - Steven Coleman 6 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 3Q: 11:06 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 03:03 UWLX - Grady Osborne 31 field goal. 4Q: 11:24 LAWR - Blake Rasmussen 12 pass from Quinn Crotti. 4Q: 11:24 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 4Q: 11:17 UWLX - Heath Hyland 90 kickoff return. 4Q: 11:17 UWLX - Dustin Cheramie pass to Eric Puente for conversion 4Q: 06:22 LAWR - Bart Sheldon 34 field goal. 4Q: 02:16 LAWR - Quinn Crotti 3 run. 4Q: 02:16 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. Game MVP: LAWR 56 Andy Westfall Lawrence University 14 0 0 17 - 31 UW-La Crosse 0 3 10 8 - 21

Sigh. Another fairly close WIAC loss. I just want this season over with.

C Myron Reeves, G Neal Burmeister, T Daryl Tjandranegara, and OLB Norbert Rasmussen all commit this week, and beating UW-Oshkosh for Norbert was our happiest news.

C Myron Reeves - Case HS - Racine, WI
Myron really likes being an Eagle. He was one for his high school and now one for his college. It's not surprising he has a terrible attitude and suspect academics. (Sorry, have to take a potshot at the other Racine schools when I get a chance. ) Wisconsin All-State C and 51-. It's quite appropriate that Case has a 1 Athletic Prep because the football team has sucked for years. Sad thing is, even with that, he'll be our starting C next year most likely.

G Neal Burmeister - Cary-Grove Community HS - Cary, IL
34+ academic stud, 5th ranked G in Illinois. 48/72 Athletic/Academic is a great combo for our school, sad to say. A whole lot of sadness this year.

T Daryl Tjandranegara - Kettle Moraine HS - Wales, WI
2 Athletic Prep scared a lot of schools off this 35++ RT in the making. Understandable, but at this point, we need every body with an inkling of talent we can get.

OLB Norbert Ramussen - East HS - Brookfield, WI
47+ from an 18/44 school. At least between him and Jenkins, and with Ford, Severson and Houston already on the roster, we're building some solid for our crappy WIAC conference OLBs.

I'm pondering implementing a broadening house rule, because this 200 mile limit is proving crippling. We once again won't have access to a broader range next year.

...Heh. OLB Al Ford hyperextended his elbow and is done for the year.

Week 11
UW-La Crosse (1-6, 0-4) @ UW-Stout (4-3, 4-0) (-21)
Code:
1Q: 12:42 UWST - Steven Tyler 1 run. 1Q: 12:42 UWST - Desmond Vergara extra point. 1Q: 03:42 UWLX - Grady Osborne 26 field goal. 2Q: 08:35 UWST - Drew Benedyk 7 run. 2Q: 08:35 UWST - Desmond Vergara extra point. 2Q: 01:21 UWST - Desmond Vergara 44 field goal. 3Q: 12:22 UWST - Desmond Vergara 43 field goal. 4Q: 13:33 UWST - T.J. Shaw 73 pass from Graham Pearson. 4Q: 13:33 UWST - Desmond Vergara extra point. 4Q: 03:17 UWST - Drew Benedyk 3 run. 4Q: 03:17 UWST - Desmond Vergara extra point. Game MVP: UWST 22 Drew Benedyk UW-La Crosse 3 0 0 0 - 3 UW-Stout 7 10 3 14 - 34

Big shocker. Not. No highlights to report.

TE Buddy Oelschlager and DE Rico Winters get no other love, so they join our team.

TE Buddy Oelschlager - Neillsville HS - Neillsville, WI
May be the 3rd rated TE in the state, but don't expect an awesome player here at 38+. 24/85 and an academic genius.

DE Rico Winters - Preble HS - Green Bay, WI
33+ rating is nothing to be excited about, but he is highly consistent and 28/51 isn't horrible.

Week 12
UW-Platteville (2-7, 2-3) (-7) @ UW-La Crosse (1-7, 0-5)
Code:
1Q: 03:40 UWPV - Herb Dawson 25 run. 1Q: 03:40 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 2Q: 12:42 UWLX - Jake Ranek 2 run. 2Q: 12:42 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 05:57 UWLX - Steven Coleman 7 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 2Q: 05:57 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 09:42 UWPV - Wade Doll 5 run. 3Q: 09:42 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 4Q: 11:33 UWLX - Eric Puente 47 pass from Dustin Cheramie. 4Q: 11:33 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 00:24 UWLX - Grady Osborne 37 field goal. Game MVP: UWLX 88 Eric Puente UW-Platteville 7 0 7 0 - 14 UW-La Crosse 0 14 0 10 - 24

At least we avoid the indignity of going 0-fer in WIAC play. Credit this one to QB Dustin Cheramie going 24/37 for 252 yards and 2 TDs and WR Eric Puente catching 9 passes for 145 yards and a TD. S Rich Daniels picked up 10 tackles, an assist and 2 TFL while walk-on DE Kris Bruseloff had 2 sacks. WTF is a walk-on doing getting that much PT?

Oh yeah. The injury to Schwartz.

...Speaking of injury, QB Dustin Cheramie breaks his fibula and ends his college career on a terrible note.

Recruits Signed

WR Steven Castillo - Meford HS - Medford, WI
30+, grabbed for academics and 46/74 pipeline school.

ILB Preston Torres - Hale HS - West Allis, WI
36+ ILB who might see some playing time in our 3-4 because our ILB situation isn't in great shape.

Week 13
Is it even worth getting up to play?

UW-La Crosse (2-7, 1-5) @ UW-Whitewater (7-3, 6-0) (-19)
Code:
1Q: 07:37 UWWH - Stan Reese 3 pass from Donald Humphrey. 1Q: 07:37 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 2Q: 09:43 UWWH - Derek Lecis 22 pass from Donald Humphrey. 2Q: 09:43 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 2Q: 04:19 UWLX - Cary Muyers 36 fumble return. 2Q: 04:19 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 10:14 UWWH - Marty Eby 5 run. 3Q: 10:14 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 4Q: 12:32 UWWH - Perry Frame 36 field goal. 4Q: 06:57 UWWH - Brad Hicks 3 run. 4Q: 06:57 UWWH - Perry Frame extra point. 4Q: 05:16 UWLX - Steven Coleman 27 pass from Keith Gomez. 4Q: 05:16 UWLX - Jake Ranek run for conversion failed. 4Q: 02:19 UWLX - Eric Puente 5 pass from Keith Gomez. 4Q: 02:19 UWLX - Jake Ranek run for conversion failed. Game MVP: UWWH 66 Kennedy Lynn UW-La Crosse 0 7 0 12 - 19 UW-Whitewater 7 7 7 10 - 31

The Warhawks repeat as undefeated in WIAC play champions, but at least we made it look respectable. WR Steven Coleman had 4 catches for 104 yards and a TD and S Rich Daniels had 11 tackles, 6 assists, 2 pass defenses, and 4 TFL.

DE Corey Surratt spurns me for, of all schools, Arkansas on the same day that S Ricky Codina signs.

S Ricky Codina - Craig HS - Janesville, WI
I'll be honest. I signed this 40- player not because we needed him, but because I thought it'd be cool to sign high school teammates in him and Jenkins. Yeah, it's reached *that* point.

Week 15
UW-La Crosse (2-8) @ Wyoming (3-7)
Code:
1Q: 10:49 UWLX - Jake Ranek 2 run. 1Q: 10:49 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 1Q: 05:31 UWLX - Heath Hyland 10 pass from Marco DiMaio. 1Q: 05:31 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 14:28 WYOM - Marc Boone 2 run. 2Q: 14:28 WYOM - Blaine VanKirk extra point. 2Q: 01:04 WYOM - Conrad Mosel 14 pass from Kennedy Lemoine. 2Q: 01:04 WYOM - Blaine VanKirk extra point. 2Q: 00:00 UWLX - Grady Osborne 55 field goal. 3Q: 10:57 WYOM - Blaine VanKirk 34 field goal. 3Q: 08:58 UWLX - Heath Hyland 50 pass from Marco DiMaio. 3Q: 08:58 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 01:20 WYOM - Marc Boone 1 pass from Kennedy Lemoine. 3Q: 01:20 WYOM - Blaine VanKirk extra point. 4Q: 07:50 UWLX - Jake Ranek 1 run. 4Q: 07:50 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 05:22 WYOM - Carlos Berrian 3 pass from Kennedy Lemoine. 4Q: 05:22 WYOM - Blaine VanKirk extra point. 4Q: 01:53 WYOM - Marc Boone 17 run. 4Q: 01:53 WYOM - Blaine VanKirk extra point. Game MVP: WYOM 45 Marc Boone UW-La Crosse 14 3 7 7 - 31 Wyoming 0 14 10 14 - 38

Yeah. We can't even beat Wyoming. 7 catches for 99 yards for WR Steven Coleman and 16 tackles, 3 assists, with 6 TFL for S Rich Daniels.

RB Ricky Hodges - Verona Area HS - Verona, WI
28+ RB signed for smarts and 31/79 school. Heh.

Code:
Player Pos ST Visit Cost Dist. Fit Score $$Reeves, Myron C WI 296 189 86 $$Rasmussen, Norbert OLB WI 288 166 89 $$Jenkins, Rod OLB WI 279 138 68 ##Codina, Ricky S WI 279 138 80 ##Oelschlager, Buddy TE WI 253 60 70 $$Graham, Ernest T WI 299 199 75 ##Torres, Preston ILB WI 290 171 71 $$Tjandranegara, Daryl T WI 285 155 93 $$Burmeister, Neal G IL 296 189 70 $$Winters, Rico DE WI 289 168 73 ##Atkins, Nicky RB IA 262 88 69 ##Blasick, Casey DT WI 271 115 72 $$Castillo, Steven WR WI 267 101 79 ##Hodges, Ricky RB WI 268 104 68 ##Gelat, Dominic C WI 240 18 89 Player Scout Phone Visit Emphasis Status $$Reeves, Myron 51- 1 1 Dist*/Prest Committed * $$Rasmussen, Norbert 47+ 4 3 Prest*/Dist Committed * $$Jenkins, Rod 44+ 1 2 Acad*/Prest Committed * ##Codina, Ricky 40- 1 1 Prest/Acad Committed * ##Oelschlager, Buddy 38+ 1 1 Acad*/Prest Committed * $$Graham, Ernest 37+ 4 3 Acad/Prest Committed * ##Torres, Preston 36+ 1 1 Acad*/Dist Committed * $$Tjandranegara, Daryl 35++ 1 1 Prest*/Dist Committed * $$Burmeister, Neal 34+ 1 1 Dist/Acad Committed * $$Winters, Rico 33+ 1 1 Prest/Acad Committed * ##Atkins, Nicky 31+ 1 1 Dist/Acad Committed * ##Blasick, Casey 31+ 1 1 Acad*/Prest Committed * $$Castillo, Steven 30+ 1 1 Prest/Acad Committed * ##Hodges, Ricky 28+ 1 1 Dist/Acad Committed * ##Gelat, Dominic 25- 1 1 Dist/Prest Committed *

[code]
##Atkins, Nicky RB 5-11 179 IA --- --- 31 2
$$Reeves, Myron C 6-4 253 WI --- --- 66 1
**Keefe, Rick QB 6-2 186 IA --- 97 11 2
##Hodges, Ricky RB 5-8 170 WI --- --- 88 11
##Oelschlager, Buddy TE 6-2 210 WI --- --- 73 3
$$Castillo, Steven WR 6-2 197 WI --- --- 93 8
##Gelat, Dominic C 6-3 263 WI --- --- --- 4
$$Burmeister, Neal G 6-4 278 IL --- --- 84 5
$$Graham, Ernest T 6-7 301 WI --- --- 48 3
$$Tjandranegara, Daryl T 6-3 261 WI --- --- 63 6
$$Winters, Rico DE 6-3 238 WI --- --- 50 6
##Blasick, Casey DT 6-4 250 WI --- --- 89 3
##Torres, Preston ILB 6-3 221 WI --- --- 79 7
$$Jenkins, Rod OLB 5-11 195 WI --- --- 46 5
$$Rasmussen, Norbert OLB 6-1 218 WI --- --- 49 6
##Codina, Ricky S 5-10 164 WI --- --- 85 8

Player All-St All-US Status
##Atkins, Nicky Yes No Committed *
$$Reeves, Myron Yes No Committed *
**Keefe, Rick No No Committed *
##Hodges, Ricky No No Committed *
##Oelschlager, Buddy No No Committed *
$$Castillo, Steven No No Committed *
##Gelat, Dominic No No Committed *
$$Burmeister, Neal No No Committed *
$$Graham, Ernest No No Committed *
$$Tjandranegara, Daryl No No Committed *
$$Winters, Rico No No Committed *
##Blasick, Casey No No Committed *
##Torres, Preston No No Committed *
$$Jenkins, Rod No No Committed *
$$Rasmussen, Norbert No No Committed *
##Codina, Ricky No No Committed * [code]

I forgot to include Keefe in the first one, but he's 42+ and the only real saving grace of this awful, awful class.

Code:
Record: 2-9 Rank: 116 UW-La Crosse Team Rank Rushes 279 120 Rushing Yards 923 109 Yards Per Carry 3.30 87 Pass Attempts 398 19 (T) Completions 225 19 Passing Yards 2618 37 Yards Per Attempt 6.57 82 3rd Down Conversions 27.5 114 (T) Points Per Game 21.2 78 (T) Turnovers 32 115 (T) Turnover Margin -14 119 (T) Opponents Team Rank Rushes 479 125 Rushing Yards 2139 120 Yards Per Carry 4.46 109 (T) Pass Attempts 259 2 Completions 147 10 (T) Passing Yards 1810 7 Yards Per Attempt 6.98 52 3rd Down Conversions 34.1 46 (T) Points Per Game 31.4 99 (T) Turnovers 18 88 (T) Primary Formation: Single-Back Formation Week Team Versus Oppnt 2 6 BUFF (87) 34 3 20 ALBI (110) 35 5 42 at UWOK (112) 49 6 21 NILL (40) 17 7 24 at UWSP (109) 28 8 23 UWEC (102) 35 10 21 LAWR (76) 31 11 3 at UWST (49) 34 12 24 UWPV (115) 14 13 19 at UWWH (35) 31 15 31 at WYOM (95) 38 Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int 11 Cheramie QB 238 132 1549 6.50 12 14 10 DiMaio QB 153 88 935 6.11 4 8 Team --- 398 225 2618 6.57 18 22 Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst 40 Tanner RB 123 508 4.13 2 38 39 27 Ranek RB 68 355 5.22 5 10 5 11 Cheramie QB 35 -51 -1.45 0 21 109 10 DiMaio QB 32 -101 -3.15 0 23 125 Team --- 279 923 3.30 7 93 278 Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD 6 Coleman WR 106 54 725 13.4 263 6 88 Puente WR 75 45 597 13.2 169 3 3 Hyland WR 62 33 517 15.6 183 6 85 Hett WR 55 28 377 13.4 74 1 40 Tanner RB 36 25 119 4.7 69 0 87 Strickland TE 26 15 111 7.4 51 2 2 Richmond WR 14 8 88 11.0 32 0 27 Ranek RB 13 12 69 5.7 45 0 Team --- 398 225 2618 11.6 888 18 Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn 24 Daniels S 109 44 0.0 20 3 6 20 Webster S 76 19 0.0 8 2 4 56 Delgado ILB 40 17 0.0 5 0 5 53 Severson OLB 40 21 1.5 3 1 3 97 Beer DE 31 14 5.0 8 1 0 52 Tan OLB 28 14 0.0 3 0 1 73 Grier DT 28 14 1.0 4 0 0 99 Kamstra ILB 27 7 0.0 1 1 1 41 Killens CB 26 8 1.0 5 0 2 23 Cable CB 26 13 0.0 2 1 3 22 Sheldon CB 25 7 0.0 0 3 3 48 Muyers ILB 24 6 0.0 3 0 0 76 Tanner DE 19 10 3.0 4 0 0 75 Schwartz DE 18 4 2.0 3 0 0 98 Frederick OLB 18 5 0.0 2 0 2 47 Rivera S 13 8 0.0 1 0 1 Team --- 669 222 19.0 80 12 31

We have flashes of a decent defense here, but it's nowhere near enough. We also have glimmerings of a solid WR corps, but we don't have a damn QB to throw to them. Very much a situation.

Code:
School W L T Pct PF PA W L T Pct PF PA Streak UW-Whitewater 8 3 0 .727 282 195 7 0 0 1.000 202 98 Won 6 UW-Stout 7 4 0 .636 222 284 6 1 0 .857 165 119 Won 2 Lawrence University 5 6 0 .454 262 209 4 3 0 .571 196 123 Lost 2 UW-Stevens Point 3 8 0 .272 145 349 3 4 0 .428 107 180 Lost 1 UW-Oshkosh 3 8 0 .272 233 331 3 4 0 .428 164 187 Won 1 UW-Platteville 2 9 0 .181 188 346 2 5 0 .285 151 172 Lost 4 UW-Eau Claire 3 8 0 .272 218 313 2 5 0 .285 145 185 Won 1 **UW-La Crosse 2 9 0 .181 234 346 1 6 0 .142 156 222 Lost 2

We just keep getting worse and worse.

USC wins a 27-24 nailbiter over Oklahoma for its second national title in three years.

Defensive Player of the Year and All-American 1st Team - S Bill Grant - UW-Stout

That's much more reasonable than the craziness we had the first two seasons.

UW-La Crosse Awards
S Rich Daniels - WIAC Defensive Freshman of the Year, All-WIAC 2nd Team
K Grady Osborne - All-WIAC 1st Team
WR Heath Hyland - All-WIAC 2nd Team
G Rondell Cosell - All-WIAC 2nd Team

Recruiting Class Rankings
51. UW-Whitewater
74. UW-Eau Claire
77. Lawrence
110. UW-Stevens Point
112. UW-Platteville
114. UW-Stout
123. UW-Oshkosh
125. UW-La Crosse

Dead last again, of course. This is quickly turning into a conference of haves and have-nots in recruiting. Nobody's going to knock off the Warhawk juggernaut any time soon, which is fitting for IRL.

New season, please.

[code]

Old 03-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

I almost forgot. We had 77 TV Revenue as part of a 35 overall rating at end of season, thanks to a TV3 game against Wyoming to end the season. Such are the benefits of a Week 15 game. Recruiting was also a 3, but Alumni Donations was again a 1. What's up with the moneymaking Syndicate Coordinator?

C Billy Joe Dion got his ass suspended for some reason or another and my offensive coordinator gets hired away. Fabulous. Southeast scout too, but who cares?

My new OC is a guy who's decent or better at everything but QB and RB, where he's Fair. I'd like to say there was a DC coordinator upgrade, but that'd be a lie.

Code:
DiMaio, Marco 10 QB Jr* 16 16 Setzer, Barry 19 QB So* 7 32 Keefe, Rick 16 QB Fr 13 50 Matthews, Claude 9 QB* Sr* 2 23

This is Keefe's team from the get-go. DiMaio will be the #2 man, Setzer #3.

Code:
Ranek, Jake 27 RB Sr* 22 22 Tanner, Winfred 40 RB Jr* 30 50 Atkins, Nicky 37 RB Fr 16 16 Hodges, Ricky 42 RB Fr 15 23

Tanner wasn't great last year, but he still starts, with throw-in Hodges his top backup.

Code:
Malloy, Chad 94 TE Sr 11 30 Strickland, Kennedy 87 TE Jr* 50 81 Jacobs, Cornell 96 TE So* 10 19 Oelschlager, Buddy 82 TE Fr 17 45 Reinert, Edgar 83 WR Sr 11 17 Drake, Jon 8 WR Sr 10 10 Richmond, Russell 2 WR Sr* 12 19 Coleman, Steven 6 WR Jr 37 49 Puente, Eric 88 WR Jr 29 29 Hett, Frank 85 WR So 25 25 Castillo, Steven 81 WR Fr 14 14

Some people think Strickland will play on Sundays, but he didn't show a whole lot last year. He'll still start with Oelschlager his backup. Coleman, Puente and Hett are the 3 starters at WR and all told, we have arguably the deepest receiving corps I've had here.

Code:
Reeves, Myron 57 C Fr 7 64 Gelat, Dominic 58 C Fr 7 7 Dion, Billy Joe 59 C* So 13 13 Compton, Mickey 55 C* So 3 6 Brooking, Raymond 77 G Sr 10 26 Bidwell, Artie 70 G Jr* 38 43 Cosell, Rondell 61 G Jr 34 51 Williams, Orlando 62 G So 3 44 Burmeister, Neal 69 G Fr 1 14 Ellison, Burt 63 T Sr 22 26 Briggs, Lonnie 65 T So 20 23 Snyder, Timothy 64 T So 20 58 Graham, Ernest 67 T Fr 10 42 Tjandranegara, Daryl 72 T Fr 18 27 Cox, Leroy 68 T* So 1 5 Burmeister, Joel 60 T* So 0 0

We can thankfully cut the two scrub tackles. I hate doing it, but we have to start Reeves. the guard spots go to Bidwell and Cosell again and I should be able to redshirt Williams. Ellison and Snyder are the tackles and I'll see if I can slip Graham a redshirt.

Code:
Mohr, Ricardo 7 P Jr* 29 54 Beyer, Wally 1 P* So* 0 0 Osborne, Grady 12 K Sr 40 40 Hauer, Paul 5 K So* 19 65

Mohr and Osborne again.

Code:
Tanner, Al 76 DE Sr 10 11 Hamilton, Norm 74 DE Sr 7 22 Schwartz, Lonnie 75 DE Sr 40 52 Beer, Antonio 97 DE Jr 32 32 Winters, Rico 98 DE Fr 4 23 Bruseloff, Kris 54 DE* So 8 8 Spinks, Cary 79 DT Sr* 7 7 Emerson, Luther 92 DT Sr* 8 8 Lewis, Johnnie 78 DT So 8 38 Peters, Drew 71 DT So* 15 21 Grier, Erik 73 DT So 17 23 Blasick, Casey 99 DT Fr 4 50

Beer and Schwartz at DE, with a redshirt for Winters. It's amazing how Beer's turned into a pretty decent DE. the DT spot goes to Peters and Blasick will get a redshirt as well.

Code:
Delgado, Geoff 56 ILB Jr 31 52 Gilmore, Louie 43 ILB So* 15 56 Torres, Preston 49 ILB Fr 14 39 Muyers, Cary 48 ILB* Sr 7 14 Turner, Ricardo 95 ILB* Sr 5 20 Berggren, Benjamin 93 ILB* Sr 3 20 Schafluetzel, Mickey 90 OLB Sr* 9 9 Reagor, Tito 45 OLB Sr 8 35 Tan, Monty 52 OLB Jr 5 14 Ford, Al 50 OLB Jr 43 45 Severson, Bubba 53 OLB Jr 7 34 Houston, Brad 51 OLB So* 24 41 Jenkins, Rod 91 OLB Fr 6 52 Rasmussen, Norbert 66 OLB Fr 7 55

Yeah we've kind of overrecruited at OLB. It's Ford and Houston there with redshirts for Jenkins and Rasmussen. ILB goes to Delgado and Gilmore.

Code:
Sheldon, Austin 22 CB Jr 36 36 Killens, Marlon 41 CB So 8 60 Cable, Brent 23 CB So 24 56 Pearson, Bryant 28 CB* Sr 13 13 Harrington, Clarence 38 CB* Jr 10 10 Newton, Billy Joe 44 S Sr 17 17 Knight, Sammy 25 S Sr 11 11 Maugh, Jared 46 S Sr 19 19 Webster, Marlon 20 S Jr* 35 62 Rivera, Peter 47 S Jr 26 27 Long, Jerome 33 S So 19 21 Daniels, Rich 24 S So 39 57 Codina, Ricky 26 S Fr 5 47

Sheldon and Cable at the corners, Webster and Daniels at the safety spots, with a red shirt for Codina.

Week 1
A 46-- P loves us, but he won't get an offer.

Week 1 Targets
QB Barry Stephens
RB Juan Maxwell
WR John McGuire (Red-line)
G Tommy Guthrie
T Zack Ogden

Week 2

Targets
P Leo Thomas
DE Carlos Lynn
DT Fred Hutton
ILB Tyrone Eaves
ILB Harvey Reid
OLB Nicky Newman
CB Ron Gerhardt
CB Edwin Meyer

UAB (0-0) @ UW-La Crosse (0-0) (-2)
Code:
1Q: 13:51 UWLX - Rich Daniels 36 interception return. 1Q: 13:51 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 11:12 UWLX - Grady Osborne 29 field goal. 2Q: 01:15 ALBI - Juan Aiton 38 field goal. 3Q: 02:24 UWLX - Steven Coleman 7 pass from Rick Keefe. 3Q: 02:24 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 13:29 ALBI - Juan Aiton 59 field goal. 4Q: 12:25 UWLX - Rick Keefe 61 run. 4Q: 12:25 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 08:03 UWLX - Russell Richmond 20 pass from Rick Keefe. 4Q: 08:03 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 05:25 ALBI - Alonzo Richmond 9 pass from Walt Came. 4Q: 05:25 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. 4Q: 01:29 UWLX - Nicky Atkins 41 run. 4Q: 01:29 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 24 Rich Daniels Alabama-Birmingham 0 3 0 10 - 13 UW-La Crosse 7 3 7 21 - 38

Beautiful way to start the scoring with that 36 yard interception return by S Rich Daniels, one of 2 picks on the day by him. RB Winfred Tanner ran 15 times for 86 yards, but the real story of the offense was QB Rick Keefe, who in his collegiate debut was 18/29 for 213 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs to go with that spectacular 61 yard TD run. After that one, he's been nicknamed Rick "Lightning" Keefe.

A hell of a win and the first time in a long time we've been above .500. Maybe ever.

WR Frank Hett needs knee surgery and will be out 6 weeks. DE Lonnie Schwartz once again goes down, this time with a hyperextended elbow. A couple of scrubs will take their places.

Week 3
T Zack Ogden has an offer from Northwestern, ILB Tyrone Eaves an offer from Hawaii that he'll probably take.

UW-La Crosse (1-0) @ Troy (0-1) (-6)
Code:
1Q: 14:00 UWLX - Grady Osborne 32 field goal. 1Q: 09:31 UWLX - Grady Osborne 34 field goal. 1Q: 05:12 TROY - Bill Samuels 4 run. 1Q: 05:12 TROY - Norm Nadeau extra point. 1Q: 04:00 UWLX - Marlon Webster 94 interception return. 1Q: 04:00 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 12:52 UWLX - Kennedy Strickland 7 pass from Rick Keefe. 2Q: 12:52 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 04:34 UWLX - Grady Osborne 44 field goal. 2Q: 00:00 UWLX - Grady Osborne 44 field goal. 3Q: 03:23 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 2 run. 3Q: 03:23 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 07:51 TROY - Norm Nadeau 28 field goal. 4Q: 00:21 TROY - Bill Samuels 5 pass from Alex Newton. 4Q: 00:21 TROY - Alex Newton run for conversion. Game MVP: UWLX 12 Grady Osborne UW-La Crosse 13 13 7 0 - 33 Troy 7 0 0 11 - 18

2-0 for the first time in school history (in this universe, anyway). It's amazing what a super set of safeties will do for you, as S Marlon Webster takes one back 94 yards for a score to match S Rich Daniels's showing last week. 25/40 for 230 yards, a TD and 2 picks from QB Rick "Lightning" Keefe. We didn't dominate nearly as much as the scoreboard showed, but we'll take it!

Week 4
Old nemesis UW-Stevens Point is trying to horn in on QB Barry Stephens and UW-Oshkosh is attempting to steal DE Carlos Lynn. ILB Harvey Reid has offers from Kansas and Wyoming and ILB Tyrone Eaves is visiting Hawaii.

Week 5
Now UW-Oshkosh and UAB are cutting in on QB Barry Stephens. Duke is offering P Leo Thomas and DE Carlos Lynn is visiting UW-Oshkosh. UW-Eau Claire joins the ILB Harvey Reid train.

UW-La Crosse (2-0) (-12) at UW-Stevens Point (0-2)
Code:
1Q: 10:47 UWSP - Johnny Burmeister 10 pass from Cornell Walljasper. 1Q: 10:47 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 2Q: 06:41 UWLX - Eric Puente 9 pass from Rick Keefe. 2Q: 06:41 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 00:22 UWLX - Grady Osborne 32 field goal. 3Q: 09:32 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 1 run. 3Q: 09:32 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 04:26 UWSP - Johnny Burmeister 42 run. 3Q: 04:26 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 4Q: 04:14 UWLX - Rick Keefe 2 run. 4Q: 04:14 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 40 Winfred Tanner UW-La Crosse 0 10 7 7 - 24 UW-Stevens Point 7 0 7 0 - 14

There aren't words enough to describe how damned sweet it is to kick the Pointers' asses after they screwed us in recruiting last year. RB Winfred Tanner has his best collegiate game with 16 carries for 141 yards and a TD. WR Eric Puente picks up a TD and 77 yards on 6 catches and S Rich Daniels has 10 tackles, an assist, a pass defense and a TFL. DE Norm Hamilton gets 1.5 sacks in a rare burst of pass-rush.

ILB Tyrone Evans chooses Hawaii, which was no big surprise.

Week 6
Now UW-Stevens Point is trying to get QB Barry Stephens. P Leo Thomas visits Duke.

Northern Illinois (1-2) at UW-La Crosse (3-0) (-1)
Code:
1Q: 12:41 NILL - Rob Westphal 30 run. 1Q: 12:41 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 1Q: 01:32 UWLX - Grady Osborne 21 field goal. 2Q: 06:51 NILL - Lionel Finch 7 pass from Marshall Stavros. 2Q: 06:51 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 2Q: 04:40 NILL - Rob Westphal 66 punt return. 2Q: 04:40 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 2Q: 00:55 NILL - Rob Westphal 27 pass from Marshall Stavros. 2Q: 00:55 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 3Q: 01:07 NILL - Rob Westphal 10 pass from Marshall Stavros. 3Q: 01:07 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 4Q: 08:20 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez 26 field goal. 4Q: 04:30 NILL - Marshall Stavros 7 run. 4Q: 04:30 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. Game MVP: NILL 81 Rob Westphal Northern Illinois 7 21 7 10 - 45 UW-La Crosse 3 0 0 0 - 3

A beatdown I expected.

DE Lonnie Schwartz is back to Probable, which is fantastic.

Week 7
Wow, now it's UW-Platteville trying to take QB Kerry Coles. UW-Oshkosh is trying to snipe CB Ron Gerhardt.

UW-La Crosse (3-1, 1-0) (-9) @ UW-Platteville (0-5, 0-1)
Code:
1Q: 08:25 UWPV - Herb Dawson 4 pass from Gary Carter. 1Q: 08:25 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 2Q: 00:14 UWPV - Allen Rizzo 37 field goal. 4Q: 11:03 UWPV - Allen Rizzo 45 field goal. 4Q: 05:38 UWPV - Wade Doll 2 run. 4Q: 05:38 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 4Q: 02:14 UWPV - J.T. Dawson 2 run. 4Q: 02:14 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. Game MVP: UWPV 94 Kenny Widmer UW-La Crosse 0 0 0 0 - 0 UW-Platteville 7 3 0 17 - 27

Remember a couple years ago we had a chance to go 2-0 to start WIAC play and blew it? Yeah. Here it goes again. Rick Keefe couldn't hit shit today. 11/34. FML.

QB Kerry Coles is so inspired by the buttkicking, he signs with Platteville that day. Double FML.

Week 8
Everyone but CB Ron Gerhardt visits, because he's visiting UW-Oshkosh. I've got a very, very bad feeling about recruiting this year.

CB Edwin Meyer and DT Fred Hutton are our first signees. Oh and WR Frank Hett is at full strength again.

CB Edwin Meyer - West HS - West Bend, WI
45- CB from a crummy Athletic Prep school. 8th ranked CB in the state, but that's okay. More defensive backs is good.

DT Fred Hutton - West HS - Davenport, IA
My affinity for Iowa All-State players continues. 38+ and poor Athletic Prep school. Yeah, you know the drill by now. Could be a starter, eventually, though. It's not like we have great DTs. Just lots of them.

Week 9
Lawrence (2-4, 1-2) at UW-La Crosse (3-2, 1-1) (-7)
Code:
1Q: 09:01 LAWR - Bart Sheldon 26 field goal. 1Q: 02:33 UWLX - Grady Osborne 34 field goal. 2Q: 11:48 LAWR - Marco Donnelly 7 run. 2Q: 11:48 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 2Q: 08:57 LAWR - Dwight Wasiak 23 pass from Quinn Crotti. 2Q: 08:57 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 2Q: 03:54 UWLX - Frank Hett 8 pass from Rick Keefe. 2Q: 03:54 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 00:10 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 4 run. 2Q: 00:10 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point failed. 3Q: 08:40 LAWR - Bart Sheldon 37 field goal. 3Q: 06:12 LAWR - Marco Donnelly 1 run. 3Q: 06:12 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 4Q: 02:30 UWLX - Rondell Cosell 45 fumble return. 4Q: 02:30 UWLX - Winfred Tanner run for conversion failed. Game MVP: LAWR 99 Carlos Diaz Lawrence University 3 14 10 0 - 27 UW-La Crosse 3 13 0 6 - 22

We get our asses kicked in the 3rd quarter and our dream season is quickly turning up another mirage. Hard to get cheery about OLB Al Ford's 11 tackles, 2 assists, 3 TFL with this disappointing a loss.

Deluge of e-mails.

Accept
QB Barry Stephens
WR John McGuire
G Tommy Guthrie
T Zack Ogden
DE Carlos Lynn
OLB Nicky Newman

Decline
CB Ron Gerhardt (Utah State)

Wow! What a coup!

QB Barry Stephens - East HS - West Bend, WI
Huge academic risk, but 37+ and 65 Athletic Prep had a lot of teams wanting to roll the dice on this 5th ranked QB in WI. 2.42 GPA is decent enough; it's the 737 SAT score that scares.

WR John McGuire - Preble HS - Green Bay, WI
Our first Top 1000 Player since OLB Ford at 967. 88th ranked WR, 16th best player in the whole state and the top WR. Earned All-State honors. Want to know why we got him? Because we recruited DE Rico Winters from here last season. Pipelines do a body good. 55+ rating to boot.

G Tommy Guthrie - Wittenberg-Birnamwood HS - Witternberg, WI
3rd ranked G in WI. 42+, but 7 Athletic Prep school. That's all right, though. We can just redshirt him. And to think with last year's class, he'd have been one of the stud gets.

T Zack Ogden - Freeport HS - Freeport, IL
How did we land the 614th best player in the country and 61st best tackle? DT Erik Grier. Who cares that it's a 13 Athletic Prep school? He's 69+, the highest rated we've ever had.

Recruiting Goal Reached: Two Top 1000 Players in a season. Recruiting range extends 50 miles next season.

Yes, I just made that up. But it seems viable, as area players might well take notice of it.

Other Goals: Top 500 Player (50 mile increase), 99 or better ranked recruiting class (25 mile increase - 1 use only)

DE Carlos Lynn - Stevens Point Area HS - Stevens Point, WI
Desperately wanted to stay home and play for the Pointers, but 6 Athletic and 7 Academic Prep doomed this 52- guy. That's okay. We'll take him, as we have a crying need for DEs with the impending graduation of DE Lonnie Schwartz.

OLB Nicky Newman - Oskaloosa HS - Oskaloosa, IA
Another Iowa All-State defender, 46+ with sterling academics. Yes, I know I'm stockpiling way too many OLBs, but they're frequently the best players available to us in any given season.

Already this is looking like the best class I've ever had and it should be enough to finally push me out of the 125 spot.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:42 PM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

How huge is that extra 50 miles for next season? Well, it gives us access to the Chicago area that we formerly didn't have, and it allows us to break into Indiana a little bit. We also make a lot more headway into Michigan than previously. It also allows us full access to Wisconsin and puts us in striking distance of South Dakota and Missouri, which we'd be able to enter into with the next 50 mile range. Actually, we -just- miss cracking into Missouri after this one, so even a 25 mile expansion will get us into the Show Me State. Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa all have much broader reaches, though we still aren't at 100% for any of those states. Another 50 miler would give us all of Iowa, though, which would be cool, as that's one of our heaviest recruiting areas.

Next season will be the first one of all my players, so we'll do a breakdown of where our scholarship guys came from at that point.

Week 10
RB Tracy McGill is our newest target.

ILB Geoff Delgado hyperextended his elbow last game and will miss this week's showdown. A scrub slides in for him.

UW-Eau Claire (3-4, 2-1) @ UW-La Crosse (3-3, 1-2) (-6)
Code:
1Q: 09:04 UWEC - Gus Reid 8 pass from Jared Washington. 1Q: 09:04 UWEC - Bo Connell extra point. 1Q: 06:39 UWLX - Rick Keefe 15 run. 1Q: 06:39 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 08:23 UWEC - Desmond Berry 2 run. 2Q: 08:23 UWEC - Bo Connell extra point. 2Q: 00:13 UWEC - Bo Connell 25 field goal. 3Q: 05:12 UWEC - Bo Connell 27 field goal. 4Q: 10:27 UWEC - Marco Sims 7 pass from Jared Washington. 4Q: 10:27 UWEC - Bo Connell extra point failed. 4Q: 02:02 UWLX - Buddy Oelschlager 50 pass from Keith Gomez. 4Q: 02:02 UWLX - Keith Gomez pass to Eric Puente for conversion Game MVP: UWEC 63 Orlando Small UW-Eau Claire 7 10 3 6 - 26 UW-La Crosse 7 0 0 8 - 15

Conference home games where we're favored always make me nervous, and sure enough, we bomb this one. WR Eric Puente caught 4 passes for 80 yards and [b]S Rich Daniels (10 tackles, 3 assists, 2 TFL) and OLB Al Ford (8 tackles, 7 assists, TFL) made their presence felt on defense, but our run game is absolutely pitiful.

Gone for the year: the scrub ILB backing up Delgado, T Timothy Snyder and DE Lonnie Schwartz. So much for Schwartz finishing his senior year with a bang.

Week 11
UW-La Crosse (3-4, 1-3) (-4) @ UW-Oshkosh (3-6, 3-2)
Code:
1Q: 06:46 UWLX - Grady Osborne 18 field goal. 2Q: 07:39 UWOK - Darrell Kraus 12 pass from Jason Fuller. 2Q: 07:39 UWOK - Trent Marsh extra point. 3Q: 07:15 UWLX - Kennedy Strickland 22 pass from Rick Keefe. 3Q: 07:15 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 3Q: 01:05 UWLX - Steven Coleman 5 pass from Rick Keefe. 3Q: 01:05 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 11:14 UWLX - Frank Hett 3 pass from Rick Keefe. 4Q: 11:14 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 16 Rick Keefe UW-La Crosse 3 0 14 7 - 24 UW-Oshkosh 0 7 0 0 - 7

We -finally- snap the 4 game losing streak and keep our hopes for a winning record and a winning conference season in play. RB Ricky Hodges carries the ball 14 times for 100 yards and QB Rick "Lightning" Keefe plays mistake-free ball with 22/33 for 199 yards, 3 TDs and 0 picks. WR Frank Hett was the main target with 8 catches for 84 yards and a TD. DE Antonio Beer was a pass-rush demon with 4 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 TFL.

ILB Harvey Reid and RB Juan Maxwell join up.

ILB Harvey Reid - Franklin HS - Franklin, WI
94th best ILB in the country, but wasn't All-State. That's okay, though. 43+ from a 30/98 school, he was a pretty key get for us, considering our shallow ILB corps and the competition for him.

RB Juan Maxwell - Savanna HS - Savanna, IL
Bruising 40+ power runner with great academics. From a poor Athletic Prep school, but we're used to that by now. Basically a case of throwing as many RBs at the wall as possible and seeing what sticks.

Now it's backup TE Buddy Oelschlager's turn to be lost for the season. We're not having much luck with injuries this year.

Code:
1Q: 05:56 UWWH - Cary Cote 3 pass from Desmond Montgomery. 1Q: 05:56 UWWH - Reuben Leyes extra point. 2Q: 11:03 UWWH - Jimmie Cecil 4 run. 2Q: 11:03 UWWH - Reuben Leyes extra point. 2Q: 06:17 UWWH - Sedrick Meteer 9 pass from Desmond Montgomery. 2Q: 06:17 UWWH - Reuben Leyes extra point. 3Q: 13:45 UWLX - Steven Castillo 53 pass from Rick Keefe. 3Q: 13:45 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 14:51 UWLX - Frank Hett 19 pass from Rick Keefe. 4Q: 14:51 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 02:18 UWWH - Reuben Leyes 26 field goal. Game MVP: UWWH 59 Jermaine Patterson UW-Whitewater 7 14 0 3 - 24 UW-La Crosse 0 0 7 7 - 14

I missed this game somehow, but we somehow played close to the Warhawks despite sucking because S Rich Daniels and OLB Brad Houston flew round the field for 11 and 10 solo tackles a piece, each with 2 TFL.

Week 12

WR Jumbo Jefferson - Madison HS - Milwaukee, WI
Not exactly jumbo at 6' 184, but he's 38+ and from a solid 41/97 high school. 4th best WR in the state and we can always use more receivers in our singleback offense.

Week 13

UW-La Crosse (4-5, 2-4) (-4) @ UW-Stout (4-5, 3-3)
Code:
1Q: 10:03 UWST - Drew Benedyk 2 run. 1Q: 10:03 UWST - Butch Gammon extra point failed. 1Q: 09:20 UWST - Drew Benedyk 17 run. 1Q: 09:20 UWST - Graham Pearson pass to Tyrone Lane for conversion 2Q: 07:55 UWLX - Grady Osborne 29 field goal. 2Q: 00:56 UWLX - Steven Coleman 5 pass from Rick Keefe. 2Q: 00:56 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point failed. 2Q: 00:24 UWLX - Ricky Hodges 12 run. 2Q: 00:24 UWLX - Rick Keefe pass for conversion failed. 3Q: 11:05 UWST - Drew Benedyk 6 run. 3Q: 11:05 UWST - Graham Pearson pass for conversion failed. 3Q: 04:41 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 6 run. 3Q: 04:41 UWLX - Nicky Atkins run for conversion failed. 4Q: 14:50 UWST - Steven Tyler 6 run. 4Q: 14:50 UWST - Steven Tyler run for conversion failed. 4Q: 05:00 UWST - Dennis Wright 4 pass from Graham Pearson. 4Q: 05:00 UWST - Butch Gammon extra point. Game MVP: UWST 71 Clyde Chrysler UW-La Crosse 0 15 6 0 - 21 UW-Stout 14 0 6 13 - 33

Outplayed at the beginning and the end, and that's all she wrote for us. There go our chances at a winning season, although we did set a school record with 4 wins on the year. RB Winfred Tanner contributed 100 yards and a TD on 12 rushes and WR Steven Coleman picked up a TD and 80 yards on 4 catches, but QB Rick Keefe's 4 interceptions hurt us.

Week 14
Wyoming (3-7) @ UW-La Crosse (4-6) (-7)
Code:
2Q: 10:41 UWLX - Eric Puente 5 pass from Rick Keefe. 2Q: 10:41 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 2Q: 01:48 UWLX - Grady Osborne 21 field goal. 3Q: 09:40 WYOM - Winston Reaves 39 field goal. 3Q: 06:02 WYOM - Marc Boone 7 run. 3Q: 06:02 WYOM - Winston Reaves extra point. 3Q: 01:33 UWLX - Rick Keefe 10 run. 3Q: 01:33 UWLX - Grady Osborne extra point. 4Q: 08:38 WYOM - Winston Reaves 20 field goal. 4Q: 04:21 WYOM - Sammy Dewez 4 run. 4Q: 04:21 WYOM - Winston Reaves extra point. 4Q: 00:19 WYOM - Winston Reaves 27 field goal. Game MVP: WYOM 45 Marc Boone Wyoming 0 0 10 13 - 23 UW-La Crosse 0 10 7 0 - 17

Without all these 4th quarter collapses, we'd have had a winning record this year. Oh well, something to build on for next season. Another 3 pick game for QB Rick Keefe, marring RB Winfred Tanner's 75 rushing yards and OLB Brad Houston's 10 tackles.

RB Tracy McGill - Gale-Ettrick-Tremp HS - Galesville, WI
35+, but the real reason we grabbed him was to keep the 70/54 pipeline going we started last year with C Dominic Gelat.

And that's our recruiting class for the year, all 12 players.

Code:
Player Pos ST Visit Cost Dist. Fit Score $$Ogden, Zack T IL 278 135 51 $$Lynn, Carlos DE WI 265 95 97 $$Newman, Nicky OLB IA 297 193 71 ##Meyer, Edwin CB WI 285 155 73 $$Reid, Harvey ILB WI 292 176 65 $$Guthrie, Tommy G WI 274 123 68 $$Maxwell, Juan RB IL 278 134 67 $$Jefferson, Jumbo WR WI 290 172 73 ##Hutton, Fred DT IA 288 164 82 $$Stephens, Barry QB WI 285 155 76 $$McGill, Tracy RB WI 240 18 88 Player Scout Phone Visit Emphasis Status $$Ogden, Zack 69+ 3 2 (Dist)/Acad Committed * $$Lynn, Carlos 52- 4 3 Prest*/Dist Committed * $$Newman, Nicky 46+ 2 2 Acad/Prest Committed * ##Meyer, Edwin 45- 1 1 Acad/Prest Committed * $$Reid, Harvey 43+ 3 2 Acad*/Prest Committed * $$Guthrie, Tommy 42+ 1 1 Acad*/Prest Committed * $$Maxwell, Juan 40+ 1 1 Acad*/Dist Committed * $$Jefferson, Jumbo 38+ 1 1 Acad/Prest Committed * ##Hutton, Fred 38+ 1 1 Prest/Acad Committed * $$Stephens, Barry 37+ 4 3 Prest/(Dist)Committed * $$McGill, Tracy 35+ 1 1 Prest*/Acad Committed *

I again forgot our Redline player, 55+ WR John McGuire.

Code:
Player Pos HT WT ST NRank ByPos StRank ByPos $$Ogden, Zack T 6-4 275 IL 614 61 26 5 **McGuire, John WR 6-2 182 WI 967 88 16 1 $$Stephens, Barry QB 6-1 192 WI --- --- 39 5 $$Reid, Harvey ILB 6-4 208 WI --- 94 43 4 $$Newman, Nicky OLB 6-2 217 IA --- --- 12 2 $$Guthrie, Tommy G 6-4 257 WI --- --- 50 3 $$McGill, Tracy RB 5-9 182 WI --- --- 53 6 $$Jefferson, Jumbo WR 6-0 184 WI --- --- 54 4 $$Lynn, Carlos DE 6-3 243 WI --- --- 61 4 $$Maxwell, Juan RB 5-11 182 IL --- --- --- 9 ##Hutton, Fred DT 6-7 272 IA --- --- 19 1 ##Meyer, Edwin CB 5-9 157 WI --- --- 77 8 Player All-St All-US Status $$Ogden, Zack No No Committed * **McGuire, John Yes No Committed * $$Stephens, Barry No No Committed * $$Reid, Harvey No No Committed * $$Newman, Nicky Yes No Committed * $$Guthrie, Tommy No No Committed * $$McGill, Tracy No No Committed * $$Jefferson, Jumbo No No Committed * $$Lynn, Carlos No No Committed * $$Maxwell, Juan No No Committed * ##Hutton, Fred Yes No Committed * ##Meyer, Edwin No No Committed *

Without question the best class I've had since I've been here.

Code:
Record: 4-7 Rank: 103 UW-La Crosse Team Rank Rushes 344 90 (T) Rushing Yards 1161 92 Yards Per Carry 3.37 92 Pass Attempts 333 51 Completions 167 61 Passing Yards 1894 91 (T) Yards Per Attempt 5.68 113 3rd Down Conversions 27.5 116 Points Per Game 19.1 97 Turnovers 26 100 (T) Turnover Margin -6 91 (T) Opponents Team Rank Rushes 464 115 Rushing Yards 1972 106 Yards Per Carry 4.25 96 (T) Pass Attempts 291 21 Completions 141 7 Passing Yards 1581 2 Yards Per Attempt 5.43 3 3rd Down Conversions 35.8 63 Points Per Game 23.3 46 (T) Turnovers 20 58 (T) Primary Formation: Single-Back Formation Week Team Versus Oppnt 2 38 ALBI (95) 13 3 33 at TROY (49) 18 5 24 at UWSP (125) 14 6 3 NILL (29) 45 7 0 at UWPV (97) 27 9 22 LAWR (74) 27 10 15 UWEC (65) 26 11 24 at UWOK (111) 7 12 14 UWWH (42) 24 13 21 at UWST (71) 33 14 17 WYOM (94) 23 Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int 16 Keefe QB 329 165 1845 5.60 12 20 Team --- 333 167 1894 5.68 13 20 Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst 40 Tanner RB 122 622 5.09 4 36 49 16 Keefe QB 111 51 0.45 4 56 256 42 Hodges RB 81 346 4.27 1 19 19 Team --- 344 1161 3.37 10 119 344 Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD 88 Puente WR 70 33 412 12.4 101 2 6 Coleman WR 57 29 361 12.4 93 3 81 Castillo WR 45 18 193 10.7 63 1 85 Hett WR 44 22 257 11.6 89 3 87 Strickland TE 33 18 241 13.3 95 2 40 Tanner RB 25 14 66 4.7 22 0 8 Drake WR 24 10 143 14.3 36 0 42 Hodges RB 13 9 37 4.1 31 0 Team --- 333 167 1894 11.3 596 13 Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn 24 Daniels S 78 20 0.0 13 3 7 50 Ford OLB 63 24 0.0 11 0 4 51 Houston OLB 59 32 1.0 9 0 4 20 Webster S 58 28 0.0 4 1 5 43 Gilmore ILB 45 21 1.0 4 0 4 97 Beer DE 35 11 3.5 7 0 0 23 Cable CB 32 11 0.0 4 3 5 22 Sheldon CB 30 8 1.0 4 0 4 56 Delgado ILB 28 16 0.0 3 0 2 41 Killens CB 28 5 0.0 1 0 1 49 Torres ILB 18 13 0.0 5 0 0 76 Tanner DE 17 6 2.0 5 0 0 47 Rivera S 15 2 1.0 4 1 1 71 Peters DT 15 8 4.0 5 0 0 28 Pearson CB 11 5 0.0 0 0 1 Team --- 651 226 19.0 89 9 39

We're really hurting for a legitimate pass-rush. The good news is, we only lose 3 seniors who made even the smallest of blips on our radar, so we should be primed for a great year next season.

Code:
School W L T Pct PF PA W L T Pct PF PA Streak UW-Whitewater 7 4 0 .636 230 205 6 1 0 .857 182 115 Lost 1 UW-Eau Claire 6 5 0 .545 274 290 5 2 0 .714 201 161 Won 1 UW-Stout 5 6 0 .454 252 264 4 3 0 .571 181 153 Lost 1 Lawrence University 5 6 0 .454 266 286 4 3 0 .571 200 179 Lost 1 UW-Platteville 4 7 0 .363 207 228 4 3 0 .571 156 89 Won 2 UW-Oshkosh 3 8 0 .272 158 352 3 4 0 .428 110 148 Lost 2 **UW-La Crosse 4 7 0 .363 211 257 2 5 0 .285 120 158 Lost 3 UW-Stevens Point 0 11 0 .000 122 371 0 7 0 .000 89 236 Lost 12

Whitewater finally lost a conference game after two straight undefeated seasons. They were unbeaten when they played us, too. So that's at least a 20 game unbeaten conference record streak snapped and maybe more, because I can't find the 2004 schedule results. Didn't stop the Warhawks from their third straight WIAC title, though.

Undefeated Maryland gets jobbed out of the national title game, but 1 loss Miami (FL) proves the BCS right when it tops Notre Dame 41-31 for the championship.

All-American 1st Team: T Orlando Small - UW-Eau Claire
All-American 1st Team, National All-Senior Team: S Lawrence McNulty - Lawrence
National All-Freshman Team: G D.J. Guthrie - UW-Whitewater
Academic All-American: CB Brent Cable - UW-La Crosse

I normally don't bother with the Academic teams, but I just had to in this case.

UW-La Crosse Awards
G Artie Bidwell - All-WIAC 1st Team
K Grady Osborne - All-WIAC 1st Team
TE Kennedy Strickland - All-WIAC 2nd Team
DE Antonio Beer - All-WIAC 2nd Team
OLB Al Ford - All-WIAC 2nd Team

Recruiting Rankings
61. UW-Whitewater
70. UW-Stout
73. Lawrence
111. UW-Eau Claire
114. UW-Stevens Point
119. UW-Oshkosh
120. UW-Platteville
125. UW-La Crosse

Really? Last AGAIN?! Sheesh!

54 Overall Rating, highest so far. 79 Team Performance, 76 Alumni Donations, 63 Recruiting, although 2 TV Revenue.

Next season will be key.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

I forgot to check academics, so senior WR Eric Puente fails a class and will miss his final year. C Myron Reeves, our huge, raw C get last year, flunks out.

I fire Meal Ticket Huffman in anger sign the best damned Academic Eligibility (Terrific) SI out there, but make no other changes.

Code:
DiMaio, Marco 10 QB Sr* 20 20 Setzer, Barry 19 QB Jr* 8 32 Keefe, Rick 16 QB So 26 50 Stephens, Barry 17 QB Fr 7 53 Matthews, Claude 9 QB* Sr 3 23

Why is Matthews still here? He should have graduated. Ah, well. Anyway, this is most definitely Keefe's team, with DiMaio backing him up. Stephens gets redshirted.

Code:
Ranek, Jake 27 RB Sr 23 23 Tanner, Winfred 40 RB Sr* 37 50 Atkins, Nicky 37 RB So 20 20 Hodges, Ricky 42 RB So 17 23 Maxwell, Juan 46 RB Fr 20 37 McGill, Tracy 31 RB Fr 15 22

Tanner gets the starting nod and I'll redshirt Maxwell. McGill beats out all the other competition to steal the #2 RB spot.

Code:
Strickland, Kennedy 87 TE Sr* 64 81 Jacobs, Cornell 96 TE Jr* 11 19 Oelschlager, Buddy 82 TE So 18 45 Richmond, Russell 2 WR Sr 14 19 Coleman, Steven 6 WR Sr 44 49 Puente, Eric 88 WR Sr 37 37 Hett, Frank 85 WR Jr 27 27 Castillo, Steven 81 WR So 17 17 McGuire, John 8 WR Fr 19 50 Jefferson, Jumbo 86 WR Fr 15 33

You don't know how angry Puente's suspension makes me. As a result, it'll be Strickland, Coleman, Hett and McGuire as starters. Ugh that ticks me off. If Puente hadn't gotten his ass suspended, I could've redshirted McGuire.

Code:
Gelat, Dominic 58 C So 7 7 Dion, Billy Joe 59 C* Jr* 12 12 Compton, Mickey 55 C* Jr* 4 6 Bidwell, Artie 70 G Sr* 39 43 Cosell, Rondell 61 G Sr 38 51 Williams, Orlando 62 G Jr* 18 44 Burmeister, Neal 69 G So 7 14 Guthrie, Tommy 63 G Fr 4 32 Briggs, Lonnie 65 T Jr 26 26 Snyder, Timothy 64 T Jr 37 58 Graham, Ernest 67 T So* 15 42 Tjandranegara, Daryl 72 T So 15 27 Ogden, Zack 75 T Fr 16 79

Sad C situation. Thanks, Myron! Gelat, Bidwell, Cosell, Snyder, Graham as the starters. Ogden and Guthrie get redshirts.

Code:
Mohr, Ricardo 7 P Sr* 44 54 Beyer, Wally 1 P* Jr* 1 1 Hauer, Paul 5 K Jr* 30 65 Poston, Martin 12 K* Fr 0 15

We're really going to miss two-time All-WIAC 1st Team K Graham Osborne, but hopefully Hauer can fill his shoes.

Code:
Beer, Antonio 97 DE Sr 39 39 Winters, Rico 98 DE So* 11 23 Lynn, Carlos 94 DE Fr 10 49 Bruseloff, Kris 54 DE* Jr 8 8 Spinks, Cary 79 DT Sr 10 10 Emerson, Luther 92 DT Sr 8 8 Lewis, Johnnie 78 DT Jr 6 38 Peters, Drew 71 DT Jr* 30 30 Grier, Erik 73 DT Jr 22 23 Blasick, Casey 99 DT So* 14 50 Hutton, Fred 76 DT Fr 3 45

We desperately need more DEs. Beer and Lynn are the starters by default. DT is Peters' spot, with Hutton redshirting.

Code:
Delgado, Geoff 56 ILB Sr 38 52 Gilmore, Louie 43 ILB Jr* 25 56 Torres, Preston 49 ILB So 16 39 Reid, Harvey 45 ILB Fr 9 36 Schafluetzel, Mickey 90 OLB Sr 12 12 Tan, Monty 52 OLB Sr* 11 14 Ford, Al 50 OLB Sr 61 61 Severson, Bubba 53 OLB Sr* 15 34 Houston, Brad 51 OLB Jr* 35 41 Jenkins, Rod 91 OLB So* 7 52 Rasmussen, Norbert 66 OLB So* 21 55 Newman, Nicky 93 OLB Fr 12 57

I wish we could afford to redshirt Reid, but instead he'll be the main backup to Delgado and Gilmore. Ford and Houston suit up on the outside.

Code:
Sheldon, Austin 22 CB Sr 43 43 Killens, Marlon 41 CB Jr 15 60 Cable, Brent 23 CB Jr 43 56 Meyer, Edwin 36 CB Fr 14 51 Harrington, Clarence 38 CB* Sr 11 11 Webster, Marlon 20 S Sr* 44 62 Rivera, Peter 47 S Sr 26 27 Long, Jerome 33 S Jr 24 24 Daniels, Rich 24 S Jr 54 57 Codina, Ricky 26 S So* 11 47

Sheldon and Cable at corners, with a redshirt for Meyer. Webster and Daniels at safety.

Scholarship State Breakdown - Recruited Players
WI: 37
IA: 8
IL: 8
MN: 5
MI: 1

Wow. I didn't realize it was that heavily weighted in favor of home state players.

Week 1
No players idolizing UW-L this year.

Initial Targets
C Rex Hodgkinson (Red-line)
P Bill Carson
DE Jerry Lee
DE Jorge Belzer
DT Ernest de la Garza

Week 2
C Rex Hodgkinson has offers from Auburn, Northern Illinois, and TCU already and DE Jorge Belzer is offered by Indiana and UW-Oshkosh. Our chances of getting Hodgkinson are virtually nil, so we cut our losses on him now while we still have a shot at a great redline player elsewhere.

New Recruits
C Edgar Pettersson
C Wesley Drake
QB Dixon Hitchcock
CB Gene Farr
CB Eugene Haven
G Rickey Swayne (Redline)

UW-La Crosse (0-0) @ #20 New Mexico (1-0) (-4)
Code:
1Q: 08:18 NMEX - Britt Batson 10 pass from Gary Vines. 1Q: 08:18 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 1Q: 08:09 UWLX - Brent Cable 97 kickoff return. 1Q: 08:09 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 09:01 NMEX - Kenyon Huffman 1 run. 2Q: 09:01 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 2Q: 05:42 NMEX - Stephen Cooley 21 pass from Gary Vines. 2Q: 05:42 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 2Q: 01:01 NMEX - Barry Karp 80 pass from Gary Vines. 2Q: 01:01 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 3Q: 04:00 UWLX - Brent Cable 65 interception return. 3Q: 04:00 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 14:51 NMEX - Martin Maw 4 pass from Gary Vines. 4Q: 14:51 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 4Q: 07:51 NMEX - Barry Karp 2 pass from Gary Vines. 4Q: 07:51 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 4Q: 01:15 UWLX - Paul Hauer 28 field goal. Game MVP: NMEX 64 Rex Smith UW-La Crosse 7 0 7 3 - 17 New Mexico 7 21 0 14 - 42

A not unexpected beatdown. Solid individual defensive performances by OLB Al Ford (10 tackles, 4 assist, 1 TFL), S Rich Daniels (8 tackles, 3 assists, 3 TFL, pass defense) and CB Brent Cable (2 pass defenses, INT return for TD).

Week 3
Utah State is into QB Dixon Hitchcock, while Michigan State is trying to snipe P Bill Carson.

New Recruits
CB J.R. Money
TE Mitchell Wheeler
WR Randal Fajardo

UW-La Crosse (0-1) @ UAB (1-0) (-6)
Code:
1Q: 01:24 UWLX - Austin Sheldon 55 interception return. 1Q: 01:24 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 08:22 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 13 run. 2Q: 08:22 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 03:26 ALBI - Claude Robbins 10 pass from Phil Willis. 2Q: 03:26 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. 2Q: 00:00 ALBI - Juan Aiton 35 field goal. 3Q: 07:29 ALBI - Juan Aiton 39 field goal. 3Q: 01:13 ALBI - Leslie Ahlstrom 10 pass from Phil Willis. 3Q: 01:13 ALBI - Rod Stuber run for conversion. 4Q: 10:41 ALBI - Albert Mathews 1 fumble return. 4Q: 10:41 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. 4Q: 02:33 ALBI - Juan Aiton 26 field goal. Game MVP: ALBI 21 Leslie Ahlstrom UW-La Crosse 7 7 0 0 - 14 Alabama-Birmingham 0 10 11 10 - 31

What a way to blow a 14-0 lead and fall apart in the second half. It's something we've done way too many times in my tenure here. S Marlon Webster (10 tackles, an assist, 3 TFL, 2 pass defenses), OLB Brad Houston (9 tackles, 3 assists, a sack, an INT, TFL) and CB Austin Sheldon (2 INTs) again put in great defensive performances.

Week 4
The Badgers are cutting in on G Rickey Swayne now, but he's still keeping us in the running. If we could steal him from the flagship campus, that'd be a huge, huge, huge get in more ways than one. Clemson and Cincinnati join the fight for P Bill Carson and ECU is putting in for DE Jerry Lee. Utah State, which seems to go after the same players we do, is trying to get CB Eugene Haven.

New Recruits
WR Lincoln Buckner
G Colin Benton (Racine Park is a 99/79 school in this universe. Where was this in my prior Park TCY/FOF dynasties?!)

UW-La Crosse (0-2) @ UW-Stout (2-0) (-29)
Code:
1Q: 12:52 UWST - Burt Tank 3 pass from Graham Pearson. 1Q: 12:52 UWST - Butch Gammon extra point. 1Q: 11:49 UWST - Drew Benedyk 21 run. 1Q: 11:49 UWST - Butch Gammon extra point. 2Q: 03:58 UWLX - Paul Hauer 40 field goal. 2Q: 00:35 UWST - Butch Gammon 18 field goal. 3Q: 09:45 UWST - Tyrone Lane 2 run. 3Q: 09:45 UWST - Butch Gammon extra point. 3Q: 03:38 UWLX - Jumbo Jefferson 12 pass from Rick Keefe. 3Q: 03:38 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 14:53 UWST - Dennis Wright 3 pass from Graham Pearson. 4Q: 14:53 UWST - Butch Gammon extra point. 4Q: 13:54 UWLX - Jumbo Jefferson 22 pass from Rick Keefe. 4Q: 13:54 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 11:52 UWLX - Jumbo Jefferson 40 pass from Rick Keefe. 4Q: 11:52 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 06:28 UWST - Steven Tyler 12 run. 4Q: 06:28 UWST - Butch Gammon extra point. Game MVP: UWST 39 Steven Tyler UW-La Crosse 0 3 7 14 - 24 UW-Stout 14 3 7 14 - 38

Nobody was giving us a chance in this one, but except for the disastrous first quarter, we held Stout to a draw. Crazy numbers from QB Rick "Lightning" Keefe - 15/36 for 260 yards, 3 TDs and 5 INTs. WR Jumbo Jefferson caught 4 passes for 86 yards and 3 TDs, showing real big play threat this game. OLB Al Ford racked up 10 tackles and 3 assists with 3 TFL.

Week 6
A familiar foe in UW-Stevens Point is making a play for QB Dixon Hitchcock. UW-Eau Claire and Virginia Tech join the fight over P Bill Carson. There's major brawls over other players, too, most notably CB J.R. Money.

#23 Northern Illinois (3-1) (-8) @ UW-La Crosse (0-3)
Code:
1Q: 06:59 NILL - Rob Westphal 1 pass from Marshall Stavros. 1Q: 06:59 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 2Q: 13:16 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 45 run. 2Q: 13:16 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 09:34 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez 30 field goal. 3Q: 09:02 NILL - Rob Westphal 66 pass from Marshall Stavros. 3Q: 09:02 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 3Q: 06:17 NILL - Rob Westphal 24 pass from Marshall Stavros. 3Q: 06:17 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 3Q: 03:40 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 7 pass from Marco DiMaio. 3Q: 03:40 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 3Q: 00:39 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez 42 field goal. 4Q: 06:28 NILL - Dominic Bean 29 pass from Marshall Stavros. 4Q: 06:28 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 4Q: 02:48 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez 23 field goal. Game MVP: NILL 5 Marshall Stavros Northern Illinois 7 3 17 10 - 37 UW-La Crosse 0 7 7 0 - 14

At this point, I'm wondering if we'll win a game all year. Very discouraging after last year's record-setting 4 win total. RB Ricky Hodges carries the ball 9 times for 82 yards and WR Frank Hett catches 6 passes for 70 yards, but it's all empty calorie offense.

G Colin Benton heads to UW-Platteville, ignoring our mutual alumni ties. Beh.

As if that wasn't enough, QB Rick "Lightning Keefe is done for the year with a high ankle sprain. That means redshirt junior QB Marco DiMaio as the starter for the rest of the season. ...Yeah, we'll be lucky to win a game.

Week 7
RB Kenyon Terry is a new target.

UW-Eau Claire (3-1, 1-0) (-14) @ UW-La Crosse (0-4, 0-1)
Code:
1Q: 07:00 UWEC - Bo Connell 21 field goal. 1Q: 00:10 UWEC - Bo Connell 32 field goal. 2Q: 00:31 UWEC - Marco Sims 5 run. 2Q: 00:31 UWEC - Bo Connell extra point. 3Q: 11:42 UWEC - Marco Sims 33 run. 3Q: 11:42 UWEC - Bo Connell extra point. 3Q: 02:54 UWEC - Gus Reid 12 pass from Jared Washington. 3Q: 02:54 UWEC - Bo Connell extra point. Game MVP: UWEC 31 Marco Sims UW-Eau Claire 6 7 14 0 - 27 UW-La Crosse 0 0 0 0 - 0

Can't play offense, can't play defense, never mind OLB Al Ford's 13 tackles and 3 assists with 2 TFL. I'm done with QB Marco DiMaio. Time to give QB Barry Setzer a try.

DE Antonio Beer needs knee surgery and is iffy to come back at any point this year and WR Steven Coleman will miss at least a game with Tonsilitis. Just great.

Week 8
Everyone with the exception of C Edgar Pettersson, DE Jerry Lee and DT Ernest de la Garza is visiting this week.

UW-La Crosse (0-5) (-2) @ Utah State (1-3)
Code:
1Q: 09:53 UTST - Frankie Rund 1 pass from Wendell Griffin. 1Q: 09:53 UTST - Leslie Chapman extra point. 1Q: 03:21 UTST - Leslie Chapman 22 field goal. 2Q: 03:01 UTST - Wendell Griffin 24 run. 2Q: 03:01 UTST - Leslie Chapman extra point. 2Q: 00:41 UTST - Leslie Chapman 24 field goal. 2Q: 00:00 UTST - Leslie Chapman 22 field goal. 3Q: 10:31 UTST - Wayne Ioane 6 run. 3Q: 10:31 UTST - Leslie Chapman extra point. 3Q: 02:47 UWLX - Jumbo Jefferson 18 pass from Barry Setzer. 3Q: 02:47 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 14:53 UWLX - Paul Hauer 48 field goal. 4Q: 10:46 UTST - Frankie Rund 19 pass from Wendell Griffin. 4Q: 10:46 UTST - Leslie Chapman extra point. 4Q: 05:16 UTST - Wayne Ioane 21 run. 4Q: 05:16 UTST - Leslie Chapman extra point. Game MVP: UTST 59 Edward Davis UW-La Crosse 0 0 7 3 - 10 Utah State 10 13 7 14 - 44

...We can't even beat Utah State. The fun is rapidly getting sucked out of this dynasty. Nice job by WR Frank Hett with 5 receptions for 89 yards, but that's about it.

Accepted
RB Kenyon Terry
WR Randal Fajardo
CB Gene Farr

Rejected
CB J.R. Money (UAB)
DE Jorge Belzer (Indiana)

S Rich Daniels is on academic probation.

So let's see. We lost the best of the CB recruits we were going after to the OOC game we -have- to play every year and one of our much-needed DE recruits.

Farr's a 38++ CB, Terry a 42+ RB from a crummy all-around school. Fajardo is a 40+ smart kid from a 24 Athletic Prep school.

Incidentally, we've now lost 9 games in a row.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

I feel like delaying onset of depression for a bit, so I'll take a look at how the D-I schools I've gone to are faring so far.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Winning seasons: 1 (2005)
Bowl Games: 0
Record This Year: 5-1 (3-0)

The Hogs are off to their best start ever in this universe, thanks to QB Robert Bauer (Jr), who after struggling his first two seasons, has broken out in a big way. This is the year Arkansas goes to a bowl game; you can bet on that.

Wyoming Cowboys
Winning Seasons: 0
Bowl Games: 0
Record This Year: 2-4 (1-2)

Same old Pokes. Two 1-10 seasons, followed by two 4-7 seasons and it looks more of the same this year. They do have a pair of fantastic redshirt juniors in RB Marc Boone and DE Jackie Progin, both of whom should have a chance to play on Sundays (since I'll finally start putting in the draft classes after this season. And yes, I'm going to be lazy and go with the real-life 2008 player file, even though I have all the draft classes in this universe saved). Outside of those two though, it's bad, real bad.

Minnesota Golden Gophers
Winning Seasons: 4 (Well, one was .500 after the bowl game, but I'm not counting that)
Bowl Games: 4
Bowl Record: 2-2 (Won in 2004 and 2005, lost in 2006 and 2007)
Record This Year: 3-4 (1-3)

Conference play has been unkind to the Gophers this season, and they stand in very real danger of having their string of winning seasons broken Minnesota is a very average looking team this year, so the record is about right in my opinion.

Week 9
First thing I do is get our academic slackers some serious study hall time. We can't afford a repeat of WR Eric Puente next year. His loss has been a major contribution to our winless season.

Well, we made G Rickey Swayne's Final Five, but we have almost no chance of getting him. Despite that, I really don't feel like recruiting this week, so we'll see how things play out.

UW-La Crosse (0-6, 0-2) @ UW-Platteville (2-5, 2-1) (-11)
Code:
1Q: 01:27 UWPV - Allen Rizzo 30 field goal. 2Q: 10:53 UWPV - J.T. Penrice 29 interception return. 2Q: 10:53 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 2Q: 04:07 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 1 run. 2Q: 04:07 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point failed. 3Q: 03:46 UWPV - T.J. Herrmann 3 run. 3Q: 03:46 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. 4Q: 14:54 UWLX - Paul Hauer 25 field goal. 4Q: 02:15 UWPV - Kurt Thomas 13 pass from Amos Spezzano. 4Q: 02:15 UWPV - Allen Rizzo extra point. Game MVP: UWPV 53 Ralph Sanderson UW-La Crosse 0 6 0 3 - 9 UW-Platteville 3 7 7 7 - 24

It's looking like we could go 0-11. Losing QB Rick "Lightning" Keefe and DE Antonio Beer were devastating blows to our team. Great game by RB Winfred Tanner with 6 carries for 103 yards and a TD and S Rich Daniels (11 tackles, 5 assists, pass defense, 2 TFL), OLB Al Ford (11 tackles, 4 assists, 3 TFL) and S Marlon Webster (9 tackles, 8 assists, pass defense, 2 TFL) hit hard all game long, but we stunk it up as a whole again.

P Ricardo Mohr dislocates his knee and is done for the year, so it's some scrub walk-on. Like we didn't suck enough already.

Accepted
CB Eugene Haven
C Wesley Drake

Rejected
DE Jerry Lee (UW-Platteville)

CB Eugene Haven - Burnsville HS - Burnsville, MN
Minesota All-State CB ranked 93rd best corner in the entire country. 56+, but a lot of teams were scared off by his school's 7 Athletic Prep. Not us, as we have a good stock of cornerbacks already and can afford to redshirt him as a future star. Nice pickup, all things considered. Smart, too.

C Wesley Drake - Romeoville HS - Romeoville, IL
35+ center comes from a rare athletic powerhouse (82 Athletic Prep), but dodgy academic preparations (18 Academic Prep). Still, we're crying out for bodies at center and this isn't a bad school at all to build a pipeline to. We need good high school football programs to tap into.

Week 10
New Targets
DE Jamie Richmond
P Donnie Wheeler

UW-Whitewater (3-3, 3-1) (-19) @ UW-La Crosse (0-7, 0-3)
Code:
1Q: 11:42 UWWH - Tyrus McClennen 13 pass from Donald Humphrey. 1Q: 11:42 UWWH - Junior Boyer extra point. 1Q: 07:47 UWWH - Burt Warhurst 27 pass from Donald Humphrey. 1Q: 07:47 UWWH - Junior Boyer extra point. 1Q: 03:34 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 6 run. 1Q: 03:34 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 1Q: 00:40 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 6 run. 1Q: 00:40 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 13:44 UWLX - Paul Hauer 39 field goal. 2Q: 02:28 UWLX - Paul Hauer 40 field goal. 3Q: 10:53 UWWH - Donald Humphrey 11 run. 3Q: 10:53 UWWH - Junior Boyer extra point. 3Q: 07:28 UWWH - Jimmie Cecil 6 run. 3Q: 07:28 UWWH - Junior Boyer extra point. 3Q: 00:54 UWLX - Frank Hett 1 pass from Barry Setzer. 3Q: 00:54 UWLX - Barry Setzer run for conversion failed. 4Q: 04:37 UWWH - Jimmie Cecil 1 run. 4Q: 04:37 UWWH - Junior Boyer extra point. Game MVP: UWWH 98 Kelly Stokes UW-Whitewater 14 0 14 7 - 35 UW-La Crosse 14 6 6 0 - 26

Our boys really got up for this game, but in the end, it just wasn't enough. 14 carries for 84 yards and 2 TDs by RB Winfred Tanner. QB Barry Setzer played well with 273 yards and a TD on 21/36 passing, WR Frank Hett his main man with 8 catches for 127 yards and a TD. S Rich Daniels recorded 10 tackles, 5 assists, a TFL, a forced fumble and an INT and true freshman DE Carlos Lynn had a breakout game of 6 tackles, 3 assists, 2 sacks, a pass block, a hurry and 4 TFL.

No new injuries at least.

Accepted
WR Lincoln Buckner
C Edgar Pettersson

Rejected
G Rickey Swayne (Auburn)

WR Lincoln Buckner - Melrose HS - Melrose, MN
39+ WR from a 40/66 school. At this point, I'm just trying to lay some pipeline into some decent high schools.

C Edgar Pettersson - Farmington HS - Farmington, IL
41+ center from an iffy high school, but like I said, we need bodies. Despite the disparity in scouting, I have a feeling Drake beats him out for playing time next year, but we'll see.

Week 11
K Skip Tomczak is our new Red recruit, which just goes to show how bottom of the barrel we're getting here. I add a few other guys to the list, too, though it's whatever at this point.

UW-La Crosse (0-8, 0-4) @ UW-Oshkosh (1-7, 0-4) (-10)
Code:
1Q: 09:39 UWLX - Barry Setzer 8 run. 1Q: 09:39 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 1Q: 04:20 UWLX - Kennedy Strickland 2 pass from Barry Setzer. 1Q: 04:20 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 3Q: 02:25 UWLX - Ricky Hodges 3 run. 3Q: 02:25 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 00:56 UWLX - Paul Hauer 24 field goal. Game MVP: UWLX 70 Artie Bidwell UW-La Crosse 14 0 7 3 - 24 UW-Oshkosh 0 0 0 0 - 0

We finally end our 11 game losing streak and ensure that my first class of seniors doesn't go out winless. While I thought the -10 spotted to Oshkosh was ridiculous, I didn't expect the pleasant shutout. RB Ricky Hodges ran 24 times for 94 yards and a TD and WR Frank Hett continued his great season with 7 catches for 78 yards. DE Carlos Lynn showed yet more signs of his fantastic potential with 1.5 sacks and 2 hurries. I can't wait to see him as an upperclassman.

But then of course, WR John McGuire breaks his clavicle and is done for the year. The amount of serious injuries we've had this season is damned frustrating.

Accepted
QB Dixon Hitchcock
TE Mitchell Wheeler
DE Jamie Richmond
DT Ernest de la Garza

Rejected
K Skip Tomczak (San Diego State)

Our luck with red-line players has been horrendous this year. I think Tomczak is the 4th or 5th one to reject us.

The recruits we got are nothing special. I'll profile them next time.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:44 AM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

You know, I never did get Mew when I had the chance. I've regretted it ever since, even though I don't play Pokemon much. But Mew was always my favorite. Silly regret, maybe, but it's there. Oh well, I can always illegally obtain Mew, I suppose.

Just like I could bribe better recruits, perhaps.

QB Dixon Hitchcock - Lancaster HS - Lancaster, WI
40- All-State Wisconsin QB from a decent school and one whose strength is in avoiding interceptions. Then again, as bad as the Eagles have sucked at QB, he might be a great one.

TE Mitchell Wheeler - Winnebago HS - Winnebago, IL
42+ All-State Illinois TE from a crummy athletic prep school, but with solid academics.

DE Jamie Richmond - Spooner HS - Spooner, WI
I suppose I should be worried that he idolized Stout, but Stout didn't want him. But I'm not about his 31+ rating or the fact that we need bodies. I'm about his school being in the 50s for Preps.

DT Ernest de la Garza - Amundsen HS - Chicago, IL
Our first Chicago-area recruit is 47- and from the single worst high school in the whole frigging state of Illinois. Characteristic, I guess.

Week 12
11 commits, which means 5 spots open. 3 visiting, all locks to sign with us from the looks of it. 2 more spots left, including a red-line. So let's go with K Brock Crabb and RB Greg West for our redline player.

UW-Stevens Point (2-6, 1-4) @ UW-La Crosse (1-8, 1-4) (E)
Code:
2Q: 12:26 UWSP - Daryl Bensen 32 field goal. 2Q: 05:20 UWSP - Johnny Burmeister 4 pass from Cornell Walljasper. 2Q: 05:20 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 2Q: 00:52 UWSP - Daryl Bensen 45 field goal. 3Q: 11:38 UWSP - Eugene Boone 3 run. 3Q: 11:38 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 4Q: 14:53 UWSP - Daryl Bensen 23 field goal. 4Q: 12:28 UWSP - Paul Stewart 1 pass from Cornell Walljasper. 4Q: 12:28 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point. 4Q: 11:40 UWSP - Dixon Fisk 52 interception return. 4Q: 11:40 UWSP - Daryl Bensen extra point failed. 4Q: 09:21 UWLX - Kennedy Strickland 47 pass from Barry Setzer. 4Q: 09:21 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 03:23 UWLX - Paul Hauer 43 field goal. Game MVP: UWSP 95 Zack Drake UW-Stevens Point 0 13 7 16 - 36 UW-La Crosse 0 0 0 10 - 10

Just too damned many injuries, including WR Steven Castillo. Fuck this bullshit.

RB Billy Pettus - Spooner HS - Spooner, WI
30+ and Richmond's teammate. Kinda cool to have two guys from the same graduating class at the same high school both go to the same college. Too bad they both suck.

T Ricky Lester - Central Community HS - Elkader, IA
All-State Iowa and 35+. We need bodies.

P Donnie Wheeler - Murrayo HS - Murray, IA
46-. Decent high school.

UW-La Crosse (1-9, 1-5) @ Lawrence (5-4, 3-3) (-25)
Code:
1Q: 08:56 LAWR - Eric Shannon 3 run. 1Q: 08:56 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 2Q: 06:26 LAWR - Bart Sheldon 32 field goal. 3Q: 12:30 LAWR - Randy Bravo 93 interception return. 3Q: 12:30 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 3Q: 10:59 LAWR - Ray Bear 12 fumble return. 3Q: 10:59 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 3Q: 03:11 LAWR - Dennis Dennis 10 fumble return. 3Q: 03:11 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 3Q: 01:21 UWLX - Nicky Atkins 17 pass from Barry Setzer. 3Q: 01:21 UWLX - Winfred Tanner run for conversion. 4Q: 04:50 LAWR - Eric Shannon 19 run. 4Q: 04:50 LAWR - Bart Sheldon extra point. 4Q: 02:00 LAWR - Bart Sheldon 37 field goal. Game MVP: LAWR 71 Brant Knops UW-La Crosse 0 0 8 0 - 8 Lawrence University 7 3 21 10 - 41

Whatever.

Code:
Record: 1-10 Rank: 122 UW-La Crosse Team Rank Rushes 261 120 Rushing Yards 544 121 Yards Per Carry 2.08 121 Pass Attempts 393 11 Completions 183 41 Passing Yards 2072 68 Yards Per Attempt 5.27 122 3rd Down Conversions 23.6 122 Points Per Game 14.1 119 Turnovers 39 125 Turnover Margin -20 125 Opponents Team Rank Rushes 471 124 Rushing Yards 1868 120 Yards Per Carry 3.96 95 Pass Attempts 311 66 (T) Completions 168 65 (T) Passing Yards 2049 44 Yards Per Attempt 6.58 28 3rd Down Conversions 38.9 94 Points Per Game 32.2 111 Turnovers 19 67 (T) Primary Formation: Single-Back Formation Week Team Versus Oppnt 2 17 at NMEX (58) 42 3 14 at ALBI (38) 31 5 24 at UWST (39) 38 6 14 NILL (18) 37 7 0 UWEC (48) 27 8 10 at UTST (89) 44 9 9 at UWPV (99) 24 10 26 UWWH (44) 35 11 24 at UWOK (123) 0 12 10 UWSP (102) 36 13 8 at LAWR (55) 41 Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int 19 Setzer QB 217 111 1240 5.71 5 12 16 Keefe QB 120 50 657 5.47 3 9 10 DiMaio QB 56 22 175 3.12 1 4 Team --- 393 183 2072 5.27 9 25 Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Stff YdLst 40 Tanner RB 67 449 6.70 5 15 13 42 Hodges RB 67 247 3.68 1 21 23 19 Setzer QB 53 -108 -2.03 1 35 201 16 Keefe QB 31 -77 -2.48 0 22 101 10 DiMaio QB 24 -54 -2.25 0 16 78 Team --- 261 544 2.08 7 112 418 Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD 85 Hett WR 80 36 517 14.3 165 1 86 Jefferson WR 66 25 385 15.4 158 4 8 McGuire WR 47 23 273 11.8 95 0 40 Tanner RB 39 21 96 4.5 40 1 81 Castillo WR 36 20 195 9.7 44 0 6 Coleman WR 34 12 146 12.1 12 0 87 Strickland TE 30 15 165 11.0 90 2 2 Richmond WR 25 11 173 15.7 48 0 42 Hodges RB 19 10 45 4.5 40 0 Team --- 393 183 2072 11.3 750 9 Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack TFL Ints Defn 24 Daniels S 84 31 0.0 11 1 6 50 Ford OLB 78 27 0.0 17 1 0 20 Webster S 66 24 0.0 13 1 9 56 Delgado ILB 47 12 2.0 5 1 2 51 Houston OLB 41 27 1.5 3 3 1 43 Gilmore ILB 35 8 0.0 3 1 4 22 Sheldon CB 30 11 0.0 1 3 1 23 Cable CB 28 12 0.0 3 4 10 94 Lynn DE 28 14 4.5 8 0 0 97 Beer DE 24 4 1.5 5 0 0 98 Winters DE 21 16 3.0 8 0 0 45 Reid ILB 20 4 0.0 2 0 0 41 Killens CB 17 10 1.0 1 0 3 71 Peters DT 13 9 0.5 1 0 0 38 Harrington CB 12 1 1.0 2 0 0 99 Blasick DT 12 5 1.0 3 0 0 Team --- 682 226 18.0 96 15 38

We're not losing much from the offensive side of the ball, but we're losing a lot of key players on defense. Another ugly year ahead next season.

K Brock Crabb - Homewood-Flossmoor HS - Flossmoor, IL
Heh. Cool city and high school name. 56- and terrible preparation all around. I hate flatlander schools. 66th ranked kicker in the country, though. For whatever that's worth.

RB Greg West - Davis County Community HS - Bloomfield, IA
Iowa All-State 54- RB with superb academics and from a crummy Athletic Prep school. Still, we need a high potential RB after the giant disappointment RB Winfred Tanner's been and West fits that bill. Hopefully. 88th best RB in the country. I'm tempted to give myself 25 bonus miles for recruiting 5 Top 100 by Position players in the last 2 years, but I'll resist.

This completes our recruiting class.

Code:
Player Pos HT WT ST NRank ByPos StRank ByPos $$Crabb, Brock K 5-11 164 IL --- 66 70 3 ##Wheeler, Donnie P 6-0 181 IA --- 71 24 3 **West, Greg RB 5-6 167 IA --- 88 14 1 $$Haven, Eugene CB 5-10 159 MN --- 93 23 2 $$Hitchcock, Dixon QB 6-0 182 WI --- --- 41 2 $$Farr, Gene CB 6-1 162 WI --- --- 45 1 $$Fajardo, Randal WR 6-0 174 MN --- --- 33 5 $$Richmond, Jamie DE 6-4 269 WI --- --- 51 4 $$Wheeler, Mitchell TE 6-1 215 IL --- --- 78 1 $$Buckner, Lincoln WR 6-5 205 MN --- --- 36 6 $$Pettus, Billy RB 6-2 198 WI --- --- 70 9 $$Pettersson, Edgar C 6-4 272 IL --- --- 88 4 ##Terry, Kenyon RB 5-11 189 WI --- --- 71 10 $$de la Garza, Ernest DT 6-0 239 IL --- --- 91 6 ##Lester, Ricky T 6-6 267 IA --- --- 28 3 $$Drake, Wesley C 6-4 285 IL --- --- 99 6 Player All-St All-US Status $$Crabb, Brock No No Committed * ##Wheeler, Donnie No No Committed * **West, Greg Yes No Committed * $$Haven, Eugene Yes No Committed * $$Hitchcock, Dixon Yes No Committed * $$Farr, Gene Yes No Committed * $$Fajardo, Randal No No Committed * $$Richmond, Jamie No No Committed * $$Wheeler, Mitchell Yes No Committed * $$Buckner, Lincoln No No Committed * $$Pettus, Billy No No Committed * $$Pettersson, Edgar No No Committed * ##Terry, Kenyon No No Committed * $$de la Garza, Ernest No No Committed * ##Lester, Ricky Yes No Committed * $$Drake, Wesley No No Committed *

Code:
Player Pos ST Visit Cost Dist. Fit Score $$Crabb, Brock K IL 347 243 83 $$Haven, Eugene CB MN 273 120 66 **West, Greg RB IA 325 227 73 $$de la Garza, Ernest DT IL 352 230 92 ##Wheeler, Donnie P IA 316 241 79 ##Terry, Kenyon RB WI 279 137 92 $$Wheeler, Mitchell TE IL 283 150 81 $$Pettersson, Edgar C IL 317 230 83 $$Hitchcock, Dixon QB WI 258 74 76 $$Fajardo, Randal WR MN 276 128 78 $$Buckner, Lincoln WR MN 321 218 78 $$Farr, Gene CB WI 290 171 90 $$Drake, Wesley C IL 345 222 76 ##Lester, Ricky T IA 256 69 63 $$Richmond, Jamie DE WI 281 144 76 $$Pettus, Billy RB WI 281 144 79 Player Scout Phone Visit Emphasis Status $$Crabb, Brock 56- 3 3 Dist*/Prest Committed * $$Haven, Eugene 56+ 4 3 Acad/Dist Committed * **West, Greg 54- 4 3 Acad*/Prest Committed * $$de la Garza, Ernest 47- 1 1 Dist/Prest Committed * ##Wheeler, Donnie 46- 1 1 Dist/Prest Committed * ##Terry, Kenyon 42+ 1 1 Prest*/Acad Committed * $$Wheeler, Mitchell 42+ 1 1 Prest/Dist Committed * $$Pettersson, Edgar 41+ 1 1 Prest*/Dist Committed * $$Hitchcock, Dixon 40- 3 2 Dist/Acad Committed * $$Fajardo, Randal 40+ 1 1 Acad/Dist Committed * $$Buckner, Lincoln 39+ 1 1 Prest/Dist Committed * $$Farr, Gene 38++ 2 2 Prest*/Dist Committed * $$Drake, Wesley 35+ 1 1 Acad/Dist Committed * ##Lester, Ricky 35+ 1 1 (Dist)/PrestCommitted * $$Richmond, Jamie 31+ 1 1 Acad*/Dist Committed * $$Pettus, Billy 30+ 1 1 Acad/Prest Committed *

Code:
School W L T Pct PF PA W L T Pct PF PA Streak UW-Whitewater 6 5 0 .545 303 219 6 1 0 .857 224 98 Lost 1 UW-Stout 8 3 0 .727 341 217 5 2 0 .714 225 131 Won 3 UW-Eau Claire 7 4 0 .636 247 163 5 2 0 .714 171 86 Lost 2 Lawrence University 6 5 0 .545 247 272 4 3 0 .571 168 149 Lost 1 UW-Platteville 4 7 0 .363 167 313 4 3 0 .571 134 171 Lost 1 UW-Stevens Point 4 7 0 .363 220 359 3 4 0 .428 149 213 Lost 1 **UW-La Crosse 1 10 0 .090 156 355 1 6 0 .142 101 201 Lost 2 UW-Oshkosh 1 10 0 .090 189 382 0 7 0 .000 102 225 Lost 8

Good news as the Badgers cap an undefeated season with a 38-13 pounding of Maryland to win the national championship!

UW-La Crosse Awards (Screw the rest of the WIAC)
CB Brent Cable - Academic All-American
WR Jumbo Jefferson - WIAC Offensive Freshman of the Year
OLB Al Ford - All-WIAC 1st Team
S Rich Daniels - All-WIAC 2nd Team

Recruiting Classes
43. Lawrence
58. UW-Whitewater
81. UW-Stout
82. UW-Eau Claire
117. UW-Oshkosh
122. UW-Stevens Point
123. UW-Platteville
125. UW-La Crosse

Another last place class and we're getting dangerously close to a Top 25 WIAC member recruiting class.

Oh I've decided if any of our guys get drafted, it's a sliding scale bonus - 25 miles for 5th-7th round, 50 miles for 3rd-4th round, 75 miles for 2nd round and 100 miles for 1st round.

Saying Goodbye to the Seniors I Recruited
DE Antonio Beer
CB Austin Sheldon
S Pete Rivera
WR Eric Puente
OLB Al Ford
ILB Geoff Delgado
G Rondell Cosell
WR Steven Coleman

Awards
DE Antonio Beer - 2007 All-WIAC 2nd Team
G Rondell Cosell - 2006 All-WIAC 2nd Team
OLB Al Ford - 2005 National All-Freshman Team, All-WIAC 1st Team, 2007 All-WIAC 2nd Team, 2008 All-WIAC 1st Team
WR Eric Puente - 2005 All-WIAC 2nd Team

School Career Records
WR Steven Coleman - 1st receptions, 2nd yardage, 1st receiving TDs, 5th All-Purpose Yards
WR Eric Puente - 2nd receptions, 1st yardage, 2nd receiving TDs, 2nd All-Purpose Yards
ILB Geoff Delgado - 4th interceptions, 4th tackles, 5th TFL, 4th passes defensed
CB Austin Sheldon - 3rd interceptions, 6th tackles, 5th passes defensed
OLB Al Ford - 2nd tackles, 2nd TFL
WR Eric Puente - 6th receptions, 7th receiving yards
DE Antonio Beer - 5th tackles, 1st sacks, 4th TFL
S Pete Rivera - 10th tackles
G Rondell Cosell - 2nd key run blocks

WIAC Career Records
WR Steven Coleman - 4th receptions, 8th receiving yards, T-7th receiving TDs
OLB Al Ford - 10th tackles

Draft Preview
As it turns out, I had to import the 2005 real player file and then import the 2005-on TCY classes from this universe, so it's consistent anyway. Of course, I'm ignoring everything but the guys I recruited.

Then I screwed up and imported the 2005 class when I meant to import 2006. Oops. Sorry about that, 2006 class. You're now skipped over.

Great news! WR Eric Puente has been given an extra year of eligibility, so he'll stay on campus another year! He'll almost certainly shatter Coleman's records then.

WR Steven Coleman
5'11 - 210 lbs - UW-La Crosse Eagles - Pulaski, WI native
-Never an award winner while at UW-La Crosse and not highly regarded out of high school, but showed occasional flashes of something more with Eagles. Terrible route-runner, but muscular player who could make it as a return specialist and 4th or 5th WR in passing down situations.
Projection: 6th-7th round or Undrafted (4.2/4.4 Adjusted)

SLB Al Ford
6'1 - 224 lbs - UW-La Crosse Eagles - Sterling, IL native
-Highly regarded recruit out of high school and despite injury problems throughout his college career, finished 2nd in school history in tackles and tackles for loss, 10th in WIAC history in career tackles. 3-time All-WIAC selection and National All-Freshman team member is a run-stopping specialist able to play all three cover schemes fairly well. Skipped the combines, further raising questions about his durability.
Projection: 4th-5th round (5.2/5.0 Adjusted - 7th best OLB)

WLB Rod Jenkins
5'11 - 218 lbs - UW-La Crosse Eagles - Janesville, WI native
-Extremely intelligent bump and run specialist who turned pro early, saying he wasn't getting enough playing time. 93 Vol. Score indicates he could be a late-round or UDFA steal in spite of his rawness.
Projection: UDFA (3.8/3.6 Adjusted)

With the 8th pick in the 3rd round of the 2008 NFL draft, the 72nd overall selection.... the Cleveland Browns select.... OLB Al Ford, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse!

+50 Bonus: 300 mile radius for next year

With the 29th pick in the 7th round of the 2008 NFL Draft, the 221st overall pick... the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select... WR Steven Coleman, University of Wisconsin La-Crosse

+25 Bonus: 325 mile radius for next year

Code:
OLB Al Ford 3.8 23/53 25/47 +2/-6 WR Steven Coleman 7.29 18/40 20/33 +2/-7 WLB Rod Jenkins UDRFA ?/? 16/36

It's preseason, but right now, Al is the only one on the active roster. Jenkins got picked up by the Jaguars on a one year deal. Ford is officially a millionaire after getting $1 million signing bonus, plus $350,000 for his first year. Coleman got no signing bonus and will hope to hang on to earn at least the $350,000 first year salary.

Here's to hoping for NFL careers out of at least Ford. The 325 mile recruiting radius is going to be huge. Although Jenkins got signed, I won't count him, although I may expand the recruiting radius if any of my players become legitimate 16 game starters, to say nothing of All-Pro recognition or league leaders.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

Feels damn good to have a few guys wearing NFL jerseys. We've already ordered Al Ford's #52 Browns jersey and will wait to see if Steven Coleman and Rod Jenkins deserve to have their NFL uniforms hanging up in our Hall of Fame.

So, as you know, OLB Rod Jenkins left the team due to lack of playing time. So did OLB Bubba Severson. But that's not the worst of it. DT Drew Peters is put on Academic Probation for failing a class and QB Rick "Lightning" Keefe is suspended for a year due to taking money from a booster. A walk-on DE also failed a class.

I'd cut Keefe's ass, but he's our best quarterback. Not a good start to the season. Not a good start at all. Oh and our offensive coordinator and Mid-Atlantic scout went elsewhere.

I hire the first semi-decent MA scout I find and our new O.C. is 65 years old, Terrible at Developing QBs and Ks, Fair or Better at everything else. Our DC barely hangs on to his job, as does our Syndicate Coordinator.

Roster breakdown

Code:
DiMaio, Marco 10 QB Sr 23 23 Hitchcock, Dixon 4 QB Fr 10 40 Keefe, Rick 16 QB Jr 33 50 Setzer, Barry 19 QB Sr* 13 31 Stephens, Barry 17 QB So* 11 53

Hitchock gets redshirted and DiMaio beats out the others for the starting QB job. Stephens unfortunately doesn't look as good as advertised by the bars, nor does Hitchcock.

[code]
Atkins, Nicky 37 RB Jr 19 19
Hodges, Ricky 42 RB Jr 18 23
Maxwell, Juan 46 RB So* 28 37
McGill, Tracy 31 RB So 19 22
Pettus, Billy 48 RB Fr 23 23
Tanner, Winfred 40 RB Sr 38 50
Terry, Kenyon 38 RB Fr 19 54
West, Greg 44 RB Fr 27 56 [code]

Think we have a lot of RBs? West and Terry get redshirted. Tanner will start, but McGill's gonna be hot on his heels with Maxwell the likely third back. If Terry and West develop like they're capable of, we could have a pretty good group of RBs here over the next few years.

Code:
Jacobs, Cornell 96 TE Sr* 13 19 Oelschlager, Buddy 82 TE Jr 18 45 Strickland, Kennedy 87 TE Sr 67 81 Wheeler, Mitchell 83 TE Fr 13 30 Buckner, Lincoln 3 WR Fr 13 33 Castillo, Steven 81 WR Jr 19 19 Fajardo, Randal 6 WR Fr 14 43 Hett, Frank 85 WR Sr 39 39 Jefferson, Jumbo 86 WR So 24 33 McGuire, John 8 WR So 23 50 Puente, Eric 88 WR Sr 39 39

Ah, Strickland. The guy who should be a beast, but has never had more than 18 catches in a season. Oelschlager will be his backup, but honestly, it's quite thin here. Need to invest in recruiting this year. I feel comfortable in saying this is the strongest WR corps we've ever had. Puente and Hett are locks to start, then is a toss-up between McGuire and Jefferson. I could see all the freshmen getting major reps, too, so I won't redshirt them.

Code:
Drake, Wesley 53 C Fr 11 50 Gelat, Dominic 58 C Jr 8 8 Pettersson, Edgar 56 C Fr 6 28 Compton, Mickey 55 C* Sr* 4 6 Dion, Billy Joe 59 C* Sr* 15 15 Bidwell, Artie 70 G Sr 37 43 Burmeister, Neal 69 G Jr 6 14 Guthrie, Tommy 63 G So* 7 32 Williams, Orlando 62 G Sr* 24 44 Briggs, Lonnie 65 T Sr 37 37 Graham, Ernest 67 T Jr* 15 42 Lester, Ricky 79 T Fr 7 16 Ogden, Zack 75 T So* 22 79 Snyder, Timothy 64 T Sr 50 58 Tjandranegara, Daryl 72 T Jr 14 27 Bradford, Jerome 68 T* Jr* 10 10

There goes the walk-on tackle and one of the walk-on centers. Pettersson looks better by the bars, so he gets redshirted. Snyder-Williams-Gelat-Bidwell-Ogden will be our starting five and let's hope for good years from everyone. Lester's tagged with a redshirt.

Code:
Mohr, Ricardo 7 P Sr 44 54 Wheeler, Donnie 15 P Fr 20 48 Baker, Billy Joe 14 P* So 7 18 Beyer, Wally 1 P* Sr* 1 1 Crabb, Brock 13 K Fr 11 39 Hauer, Paul 5 K Sr* 43 65 Poston, Martin 12 K* So* 0 15

Redshirts for the two freshmen.

Code:
Lynn, Carlos 94 DE So 14 49 Richmond, Jamie 92 DE Fr 8 27 Winters, Rico 98 DE Jr* 18 23 Bruseloff, Kris 54 DE* Sr 8 8 Garcia, Norbert 74 DE* So 3 15 Sohl, Neil 77 DE* So* 3 24 Blasick, Casey 99 DT Jr* 12 50 de la Garza, Ernest 97 DT Fr 13 55 Grier, Erik 73 DT Sr 23 23 Hutton, Fred 76 DT So* 11 45 Lewis, Johnnie 78 DT Sr 7 38 Peters, Drew 71 DT Sr* 38 38

A red shirt for de la Garza and Lynn-Hutton-Winters for the front three. Peters getting academic suspension screwed us. Man, our D-line sucks.

Code:
Gilmore, Louie 43 ILB Sr* 30 56 Reid, Harvey 45 ILB So 12 36 Torres, Preston 49 ILB Jr 19 39 Houston, Brad 51 OLB Sr* 39 41 Newman, Nicky 93 OLB So* 17 57 Rasmussen, Norbert 66 OLB Jr* 20 55 Tan, Monty 52 OLB Sr 15 15

Graduations and defections have killed our depth, but Houston-Gilmore-Reid-Rasmussen are our starting four. Sad thing is, this one of our team's top units.

Code:
Cable, Brent 23 CB Sr 57 57 Farr, Gene 47 CB Fr 10 48 Haven, Eugene 22 CB Fr 12 68 Killens, Marlon 41 CB Sr 18 60 Meyer, Edwin 36 CB So* 21 51 Codina, Ricky 26 S Jr* 12 47 Daniels, Rich 24 S Sr 62 62 Long, Jerome 33 S Sr 23 23 Webster, Marlon 20 S Sr 44 62

Cable and Meyer at the corner spots and Haven gets a redshirt. Daniels and Webster line up at safety as we prepare to say goodbye to the best secondary I've had in my time at UW-L. This was a special group of guys and I'm going to miss them.

Week 1
No UW-L idol recruits this year, but hey, at least we're sitting on a 325 mile recruiting radius.

Initial Targets
RB Jamie Sheldon - Red
C Mario Steffen
G Mickey Batteaux

Week 2
Jamie Sheldon has Kansas offering him.

New Targets
CB Freddie Bauer
S Brant Meadows
S Adrian Conway
S Tracy Fuller

UW-La Crosse (0-0) @ UAB (0-0) (-9)
Code:
1Q: 10:19 ALBI - Juan Aiton 41 field goal. 1Q: 04:49 ALBI - Duane Ellis 9 pass from Phil Willis. 1Q: 04:49 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. 2Q: 13:54 UWLX - Frank Hett 4 pass from Marco DiMaio. 2Q: 13:54 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 04:44 ALBI - Alonzo Richmond 13 run. 2Q: 04:44 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. 3Q: 02:17 UWLX - Barry Stephens 4 run. 3Q: 02:17 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point failed. 4Q: 13:00 ALBI - Thurman Jordan 8 pass from Phil Willis. 4Q: 13:00 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. 4Q: 06:26 ALBI - Juan Aiton 31 field goal. 4Q: 06:10 ALBI - Damon Collins 60 interception return. 4Q: 06:10 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. 4Q: 03:41 UWLX - Paul Hauer 56 field goal. 4Q: 02:12 ALBI - Claude Robbins 17 run. 4Q: 02:12 ALBI - Juan Aiton extra point. Game MVP: ALBI 78 Moe Schwartz UW-La Crosse 0 7 6 3 - 16 Alabama-Birmingham 10 7 0 24 - 41

Another long year in store. QB Marco DiMaio is gone for the season with a severe hamstring pull, making this the second effing year in a row we lose our starting QB for the season to injury. And this on top of Keefe's suspension.

I quit. For now.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:28 AM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

Playing 90s tunes on YouTube while I prepare to grind through this disappointing season.

Redshirt junior Barry Setzer or redshirt sophomore Barry Stephens. It's hard to tell which BS we'll go with. Probably Setzer, as he played okay last year in 6 starts, whereas Stephens sucked against UAB.

Week 3
You know, I'm not going to bother tracking recruiting wars and recruit targets this update. Actually, it's probably bad form to be recruiting while drugged up, but whatever. We can't get much worse than we have been in this dynasty.

WR Louis Pritchett (Okay so I couldn't stop myself)

New Mexico (0-1) (-2) @ UW-La Crosse (0-1)
Code:
1Q: 13:55 NMEX - Deon Osborne 24 pass from Gary Vines. 1Q: 13:55 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 1Q: 11:18 NMEX - Allen Sampson 48 punt return. 1Q: 11:18 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 1Q: 08:17 UWLX - Paul Hauer 36 field goal. 1Q: 04:06 NMEX - Korey Price 29 field goal. 2Q: 09:14 UWLX - Rich Daniels 80 interception return. 2Q: 09:14 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 02:02 UWLX - Paul Hauer 23 field goal. 2Q: 00:27 NMEX - K.C. Cassidy 18 run. 2Q: 00:27 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 3Q: 11:00 NMEX - Korey Price 18 field goal. 3Q: 03:57 NMEX - Barry Karp 7 run. 3Q: 03:57 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 3Q: 00:28 NMEX - Lance McCord recovered blocked punt in end zone. 3Q: 00:28 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 4Q: 03:59 NMEX - Stephen Cooley 16 pass from Gary Vines. 4Q: 03:59 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. 4Q: 01:11 NMEX - Britt Batson 4 pass from Gabe Adams. 4Q: 01:11 NMEX - Korey Price extra point. Game MVP: NMEX 45 Allen Sampson New Mexico 17 7 17 14 - 55 UW-La Crosse 3 10 0 0 - 13

Silver linings? S Marlon Webster with 10 tackles, TFL, forced fumble, and pass defense and RB Juan Maxwell with 71 yards on 11 carries, I suppose. and S Rich Daniels's 80 yard INT return for a TD, but yeah. Looking bad here.

Week 4
UW-Oshkosh is probably going to steal Pritchett from me. Whores. A couple other guys newly targeted this round, though I don't remember who.

Utah State (0-2) @ UW-La Crosse (0-2) (E)
Code:
1Q: 10:43 UWLX - Jumbo Jefferson 3 pass from Barry Setzer. 1Q: 10:43 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 1Q: 06:02 UTST - Perry Kelley 10 pass from Kelvin Gaylor. 1Q: 06:02 UTST - Leslie Chapman extra point. 1Q: 02:06 UWLX - Jumbo Jefferson 38 pass from Barry Setzer. 1Q: 02:06 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 11:46 UTST - Leslie Chapman 25 field goal. 2Q: 00:13 UTST - Leslie Chapman 26 field goal. 3Q: 12:21 UWLX - Brent Cable 87 interception return. 3Q: 12:21 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 06:42 UTST - Irving Brennan 15 pass from Kelvin Gaylor. 4Q: 06:42 UTST - Trevor Jeffries run for conversion failed. 4Q: 03:57 UWLX - Winfred Tanner 4 pass from Barry Setzer. 4Q: 03:57 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 01:32 UTST - Jesse Grams 30 pass from Kelvin Gaylor. 4Q: 01:32 UTST - Leslie Chapman extra point. Game MVP: UWLX 70 Artie Bidwell Utah State 7 6 0 13 - 26 UW-La Crosse 14 0 7 7 - 28

A battle, but at this point, we'll take any win we can get. RB Juan Maxwell rushes 15 times for 84 yards and besides CB Brent Cable's 87 yard runback for a score there's S Rich Daniels with 8 tackles, 6 assists, and 2 pass defenses. S Marlon Webster gets in 2 pass defenses and DE Rico Winters shows a pass-rush with a sack, 2 hurries and 2 pass blocks.

Week 5
Some more guys added to the list.

UW-La Crosse (1-2) @ UW-Oshkosh (0-2) (-9)
Code:
1Q: 07:47 UWOK - Trent Marsh 26 field goal. 1Q: 03:47 UWOK - C.J. Richmond 7 run. 1Q: 03:47 UWOK - Trent Marsh extra point. 2Q: 11:44 UWOK - Wendell Herndon 1 run. 2Q: 11:44 UWOK - Trent Marsh extra point. 2Q: 05:52 UWLX - Juan Maxwell 70 run. 2Q: 05:52 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 2Q: 04:20 UWLX - Brent Cable 77 punt return. 2Q: 04:20 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 08:07 UWOK - Trent Marsh 25 field goal. 4Q: 01:51 UWLX - Jumbo Jefferson 7 pass from Barry Setzer. 4Q: 01:51 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 4Q: 00:16 UWOK - Trent Marsh 37 field goal. Game MVP: UWOK 17 Trent Marsh UW-La Crosse 0 14 0 7 - 21 UW-Oshkosh 10 7 0 6 - 23

A last-second kick to the balls. These kinds of losses piss me off. We've had some big plays so far this season, but it hasn't turned into wins. This was our best shot at a WIAC win this year. RB Juan Maxwell just misses the century mark with 93 yards. It doesn't help that QB Barry Setzer can't stretch the field. ILB Louie Gilmore had a great day: 10 tackles, an assist, sack and a TFL. DE Rico Winters continues his hot streak with 2 sacks and a hurry.

Time to make some changes. QB Barry Stephens is named the starter, as is RB Juan Maxwell. Close loss aside, we need to make noise.

Week 6
Northern Illinois (1-3) (-20) @ UW-La Crosse (1-3)
Code:
1Q: 00:17 NILL - Jay Freeman 18 run. 1Q: 00:17 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 2Q: 07:41 NILL - Steve Hofmann 2 pass from Travis Ellard. 2Q: 07:41 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 2Q: 02:31 NILL - Dominic Bean 39 pass from Travis Ellard. 2Q: 02:31 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 3Q: 12:26 UWLX - Frank Hett 22 pass from Barry Setzer. 3Q: 12:26 UWLX - Paul Hauer extra point. 3Q: 07:19 NILL - Colin Kinsell 52 punt return. 3Q: 07:19 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point failed. 3Q: 02:02 NILL - Troy Becker 2 pass from Travis Ellard. 3Q: 02:02 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. 4Q: 06:28 NILL - Terrance Spruill 9 pass from Travis Ellard. 4Q: 06:28 NILL - Marlon Gonzalez extra point. Game MVP: NILL 19 Travis Ellard Northern Illinois 7 14 13 7 - 41 UW-La Crosse 0 0 7 0 - 7

Heh. S Rich Daniels 8 tackles, an assist, half-sack. And of course, QB Barry Stephens herniates his disk and will miss the next few games and DE Rico Winters is likely done for the year with a broken clavicle.

This is straight up bullshit.

Starting QB - Academic Suspension
#2 QB - Lost for year to injury
#3 QB - 4 weeks Out

So we're now having a couple walk-on QBs because I stubbornly refuse to pull QB Darren Hitchcock's redshirt.

I think we've had at least one QB done for the year and at least starting DE miss most of the year because of injuries every single season of this dynasty. It's really, really pissing me off.

Until next time, then. Before I throw this laptop through the window.