Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #51
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)Time to do a few more things to get ready for tonight. Not sure if I'll be able to get that fight in until later tonight (much later), though I REALLY want to get ready for it now.(/ooc)

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #52
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Current Title Holders

Lightweight - BJ Penn (15-5)
Welterweight - Dan Hardy (28-8-1)
Middleweight - Vito Belfort (25-11)
Light Heavyweight - Thiago Silva (19-3)
Heavyweight - Cheick Kongo (28-8)
Old 05-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #53
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nice work. Should be a good one.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #54
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Seventeen

I have 15 weeks to prepare and I think that I will need every one of those weeks as this will be a tough fight.

Week 1: Moderate cardio training
Week 2: Rest, was also injured and required rest

New Speed Trainer signed

Week 3: Sparred, focussed on standing strike defense, I m going to need it this fight

Have been scheduled to have Rachelle Leah get a few shots of me working out. That could help my popularity.

Week 4: Rest
Week 5: Intense cardio training
Week 6: Rest
Week 7: Media workout, it was a successI am told and I have gaine in popularity

I have been asked to show up for an upcoming event. I have agreed and have been asked to pick some results.

My picks:

Chris Leben in a decision over Drew McFedries
Spencer Fisher in a 2nd round knockout over Efrain Escudero
Gabriel Gonzaga in a 2nd round TKO over Justin McCully
Kurt Pellegrino in a 2nd round submission over Cole Miller

Week 8: Sparring with focus on standing strike defense
Week 9: Moderate strength training
Week 10: Attend UFN 57

Results:

McFedries KO'd Leben in the 3rd
Escudero submitted Fisher in the 2nd
Gonzaga submitted McCully in the 1st
Miller TKO'd Pellegrino in the 2nd

Week 11: Rest
Week 12: Gameplan Submissions
Week 13: Moderate speed training

Was asked to film some prefight segments before the show, looks like week 15 that will happen.

Week 14: Rest
Week 15: Prefight interview

I had good things to say about Griffin but let a few nasty statements slip about Pellegrino based on how poor he looked in his recent fight. He didn't seem to take too kindly to that.

UFN 57

The Card

Undercard
Nate Quarry (17-10) vs. Ricardo Almeida (13-9)
Caol Uno (28-13) vs. Dennis Siver (15-7)
Matt Hughes (45-14) vs. Amir Sadollah (9-6)

Main Card
Brandon Vera (15-8) vs. Ryan Bader (16-6)
Todd Duffee (10-6) vs. Pat Berry (10-7)

Co Main Event
Dan Miller (16-8-1) vs. Demian Maia (15-7)

Main Event
Tyson Griffin (17-9) vs. Kenny Davis (12-4)

My Match

1st round - Griffin starts out slow as I land a couple body kicks and an overhand right, I tried to shoot to take him down but no luck (I need to stop wasting those attempts when there is no chance yet). After that he comes out throwing, he lands a left but I duck a right and take him down. I transiction to half guard and land a couple shots to the ribs but he escapes. He comes out determined with a body kick of his own and two solid punches but I duck the third connect with a right of my own. Then two kicks backs him off a bit. I duck a right and take him down and quickly transiction to half guard and then land a shot squarely and open him up. He tries a kimura that I block and then I land three more hard shots from on top. I try to transition to side control and he escapes. A wild eschange, that I got the wort of, leads to me ducking under and taking him down and getting one more shot from on top before the round ends. Close round but I think I controlled it.

2nd round - Earlythe round starts out with him landing a couple shots before I can take him down but I am unable to take advantage of that. I try to shoot after a few more body kicks but he sprawls and blocks. I tie him up and get him against the cage where I land a couple knees but he reverses and puts me against the cage. As he goes to throw a right I get under it and am able to take him down where I get my hands free and land 3 very good blows to the head. He is able to get his legs out and push me back as he escapes and we are back to our feet with a minute left in the round. I get caught with a kick and then a right that knocks me off balance but I recover and end the round in the clinch landing body blows. Close round to call.

3rd round - The action starts with me landing a few body kicks. He strikes back with a right but I duck and take him down. I transition to half guard and try a kimura but he breaks it though I still have top position. He tries a kimura and I break that and he is left wide open. I fire off 4 hard shots to the head and he tries to escape but I block and get three more hard shots in. Somehow he manages to escape and we get back to our feet. We exchange a few shots, and check a few an then with about 2 minutes left in the round I get hit with a head kick and it opens me up. He tries another and I duck it and take him down. I get him mounted and get a few shots in. Then he gets me to half guard and tries a kimura but I escape and get to side control. I land a few more shots and try an arm triangle but he escapes. Before he can get a shot in I take him back down and the fight ends with me in side control.

The winner, by unanimous decision....

Kenny "The Kid" Davis

I improve to 13-4 and have arrived!!!

Miller got the submission of the night.
Hughe got the knockout of the night.
Barry's win over Duffee was the fight of the night.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-29-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #55
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

UFN 59 with another Main Event bout as I will face Cole Miller (21-8). A couple more wins and I may get a PPV shot.

Changes

I have hired a new sparring partner.

Sponsor Level Increased

Hayabusa
Cage Fighter

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-29-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #56
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Awesome job man, sounds like a good fight. In my career I created a striker and have played way too much. I started at 170 but moved to 185. This years game is just a blast. I think I am gonna' create a wrestler next though using your guy as a template.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #57
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Awesome job man, sounds like a good fight. In my career I created a striker and have played way too much. I started at 170 but moved to 185. This years game is just a blast. I think I am gonna' create a wrestler next though using your guy as a template.

The toughest thing for me so far has been to get used to the fact that standing in front of someone and fighting toe to toe will not lead to a win as every fighter I have tried has been just that, a pounder.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:55 AM   #58
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Eighteen

Only 11 weeks to prepare this time around. Going to have to work on submission defense for this fight.

Week 1: Moderate strength training
Week 2: Rest
Week 3: Sparring with focus on submission defense
Week 5: Intense cardio training
Week 7: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on transitioning to mount; I nailed it on the first training
Week 8: Rest

In UFC 150 Cheick Kongo defended the title successfully against Frank Mir.

Week 9: Sparring, working on submission defense
Week 10: Media workout, not as successful as I had hoped
Week 11: Rest, wanted to gameplan but I can't afford to go into the fight tired, I forgot about the media workout when I had my schedule set in my mind

UFN 59

The Card

Undercard
Frank Trigg (23-14) vs. Amir Sadollah (9-7)
Ricardo Almeida (14-9) vs. Patrick Cole (17-11)
Chuck Liddell (23-16) vs. Ryan Bader (16-7)

Main Card
Pat Barry (11-7) vs. Justin McCaully (17-10)
Efrain Escudero (19-5) vs. Kurt Pellegrino (18-9)

Co Main Event
Frew McFedries (15-9) vs. Demian Maia (15-8)

Main Event
Cole Miller (21-8) vs. Kenny Davis (13-4)

My Match

1st round - I start out with a couple kicks to the body and back to the legs. I try a half hearted attemt at a takedown but it doesn't work. Then as he closes I start with a kick but close in and rock him with an overhand right that knocks him down. I jump into guard and manage to get into half guard before landing a couple of shots to the head. I try to get mount but he escapes and we are back to our feet. I land more kicks and a few punches but he catches me with a left that opens me up. I try a takedown but am not successful, I just wanted to get my face out of target range for a couple seconds to see how badly I am cut. I then go back to the body and legs with my kicks. I go to the clinch and push him up against the cage and land knees inside. He escapes from the cage but I pull him to guard to end the round. I feel that I won that round.

2nd round - I exchange kicks with him but land a few extra to both the legs and body. I wait for an opening and take him down. I work my way to half guard where I see an opening and fire a few clean shots to the head, one opens up a cut over his right eye. I then get greedy and try to submit him but he escapes and we are back to our feet. I return to firing off body kicks and get a little careless as he nails me with a combo. I return to being a little more careful and finish out the round with a couple kicks and a few rights thrown in. I think that one goes to me.

3rd round - I come otu firing andmanage to drain the wind frmo his lungs with kicks. I take him down several times but am unable to submit. Then as the round neared the end I rock him back with a forward kick, as he drops to the ground I enter a dominating position over him and pound away and the ref stops the fight.

I am now 14-4 after the TKO victory.

We earn Fight of the Night honors!!!

Almeida earned Submission of the Night.
Escudero earned Knockout of the Night.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #59
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I will be fighting in another UFN Main Event as I will fight Efrain Escudero (20-5) in UFN 61.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #60
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Nineteen

This fight will likley be my most challenging. My trainer has warned me to prepare for takedown defense and to be careful when throwing kicks. This presents a problem as that is a HUGE part of my approach.

Week 1: Sparring with focus on takedown defense

In UFC 151 BJ Penn (16-5) defended his title with a decision over Gray Maynard (18-8-1) and Paulo Thiago is beaten by Jon Fitch (29-7-1) in a decision for a new Light Heavyweight Champion.

Week 3: Moderate speed training
Week 4: Moderate cardio training
Week 5: Rest
Week 6: Media workout, successful
Week 7: Sparring, focus on takedown defense
Week 9: Sparring, working on takedown defense
Week 10: Gameplan submission

UFN 61

The Card

Undercard
Amir Sadollah (10-7) vs. Frank Trigg (23-15)
Chris Leben (25-11) vs. Kendall Grove (16-11-1)
Jon Jones (15-7) vs. ark Coleman (19-14)

Main Card
Justin McCully (18-10) vs. Pat Barry (11-8)
Cole Miller (21-9) vs. Caol Uno (29-13)

Co Main Event
Alan Belcher (23-10) vs. Drew McFedries (15-10)

Main Event
Efrain Escudero (20-5) vs. Kenny Davis (14-4)

My Match

1st round - I start out with a coupe overhand rights and a left then return to a few leg kicks and a body kick. I am able to avoid any of his punches and kicks and then I shoot for the takedown afer he missed a kick. I get him into half guard and open him with a punch. He attempts a kimura and I block it an try to improve my position. As I do he grabs my arm again and cranks it back into a kimura, I try but can;t get free. It feels like my shoulder is about to pop and I tap. I can't believe it, Igave im one small opening an he jumped on it.

I fall to 14-5 to what was awarded the Submission of the Night.

The fight of he Night went to Uno's victory over Miller.
Belcher was awarded the Knockout of the Night.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:43 PM   #61
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I will be on the Main Card in UFN 63 as I will be facing Clay Guida (27-15). I need to bounce back from that loss with a good showing.

Changes

I have hired a new strength trainer, this should help me improve my strength and hopefully get it to th enext level.

Sponsor Level Increase

BSN
Xyience
Old 05-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #62
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty

My trainer is quite confident in my chances against Guida and thinks I should stay with my strengths and I will win.

Week 2: Media workout; not as successful as I would have liked

I have ben asked to attend UFC 153 with Dana and for some picks for the event.

My Picks:
Antonio Nogueira over Cain Velasquez in a 2nd round KO
Diego Sanchez over Joe Lauzon in a 3rd round TKO
Jon Fitch over Paulo Thiago in a decision
Dan Hardy over Josh Koscheck in a decision

Week 3: Attend UFC 153 in Vancouver

Results:
Nogueira KO'd Velasquez in the 2nd round in what was a very entertaining fight
Sanchez KO'd Lauzon early in the 3rd round
Fitch submitted Thiago in the 3rd round
Koscheck wins the title with a 2nd round KO of Hardy

I have made the cover of Ultimate MMA in an article about training to fight.

Week 5: Sparring, focus on takedown defense and submission defense
Week 6: Light speed training
Week 7: Gameplan for submission
Week 9: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on transition to butterfly guard, I almost got it
Week 10: Rest
Week 11: Rest, I planned poorly after the UFC event

UFN 63

The Card

Undercard
Spencer Fisher (23-7) vs. Sennis Siver (15-8)
Martin Kampmann (22-10) vs. Frank Trigg (24-15)
Stephan Bonnar (20-11) vs. Mark Coleman (19-15)

Main Card
Clay Guida (27-15) vs. Kenny Davis (14-5)
Mirko Cro Cop (33-13-1) vs. Justin McCully (19-10)

Co Main Event
Denis Kang (38-17-2) vs. Ricardo Almeida (15-9)

Main Event
Marcus Davis (22-10) vs. Mike Swick (18-11)

My Match

1st round
- A rough round for me as he kept coming after me but I did open him up with some rights and an elbow, I tried to keep him in the clinch for a while and wear him down with knees inside. He knocked me down a couple times with strikes which makes me unsure of teh scoring of that one and I am not confident that I won that round.

2nd round - I work the body with kicks and then work on taking the strength out of his legs. Most of the round is on our feet but I get one takedown but am unable to improve position past half guard. I feel that round was easily mine.

3rd round - I control the round withmy kicks and take him down three times but am unable to submit him. I should have won the figh with winnng rounds two and three with one a tossup.

Ouch, thought I had the victory but it ends as a draw. I am now 14-5-1. I guess that happens when it gets left in the hands of the judges.

Almeida earned submission of the night
Coleman earned the knockout of the night
Davis over Swich in the fight of the night
Old 05-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #63
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I look to et back in the win column at UFN 65 against Kenny Florian (20-11). It will be a main card bout.

Sponsor Level Increase

Fighters Only
Lugz
Old 05-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #64
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I so miss my 360
Old 05-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #65
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twentyone

My trainer thinks I can win the fight by staying the course, of course I thought that last fight too. I wan to get my submission and takedown defense up to the next level and work on other areas such as groun striking.

Week 1: Media workout; total failure, I wish I had declined
Week 2: Moderate strangth training
Week 3: Rest
Week 4: Sparring, working submissin defense and takedown defense
Week 6: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on transition to butterfly guard; nailed it
Week 7: Rest
Week 8: Moderate speed training
Week 9: Moderate speed training
Week 11: Gameplan submission

UFN 65

The Card

Undercard
Karo Parisyan (23-11-1) vs. Frank Trigg (24-16)
Cris Leben (25-12) vs. Patrick Cote (17-13)
Stephan Bonnar (20-12) vs. Mark Coleman (20-15)

Main Card
Kenny Florian (20-11) vs. Kenny Davis (14-5-1)
Justin McCully (19-11) vs. Todd Duffee (10-8)

Co Main Event
Clay Guida (27-15-1) vs. Caol Uno (30-13)

Main Event
Anthony Johnon (15-8) vs. Matt Hughes (47-14)

My Match

1st round
- Early in the round I knocked him down with a right but he recovered and he had me agains the cage in the clinch and was able to take me down but I escaped. I was able to land a few nice shots in but eventualy we ended in the clinch and he got me against the cage again and then threw me down (I need to learn to defend that better). I tried to escape and he briefly had my back but I was able to escape. Close round but I would have lost it because of those takedowns (in my opinion).

2nd round - I start the round out being able to strike cleanly, both with kicks and punches. He ties me up and eventually pulls guard after I land some knees inside. I open him up with a little ground and pound but he eventually escapes. I completely wear him down with kicks to the body and legs, he is hobbling. I shoot for the takedown when he misses a wild kick attempt. I transition to half guard and try a kimura, I just start to crank it and the round ends.

3rd round - I am able to take him down a coule times and at one point get to side control and pound his side with knees. He gets away I am unable to get him back down bt I punish him with kicks. His side is red and swollen as are his legs. The round ends and it goes tothe scorecards.

The winner by unanimous decision...

Kenny "The Kid" Davis!!!!

I improve to 15-5-1.

Guida with the Knockout of the Night
Bonnar with the Submission of the Night
McCully over Duffee in the Fight of the Night
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #66
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I am given a rematch. In UFN 67 I will fight him as part of the main card. Still waiting for my PPV debut though.

Update

I have hired a new sparring partner. I hope to be able to improve my skills to a higher level with a better sparring partner.

Increased Sponsor Level

TapouT
BSN
Xyience
Ecko Unlimited
Silver Star
Affliction
Hitman Fight Gear
Hayabusa
Sinister Brand
SPRAWL
Punishment
Bad Boy
Warrior International
Cage Fighter
Fighters Only
Lugz

Game Related Comment

I guess thanking the sponsors after last fight was a good thing.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-30-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: oops, meant to say I was asking for the rematch, lost track of who I fought when
Old 05-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #67
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twentytwo

Week 3: Sparring with focus on my takedown offense and defense

I have been asked to sit with Dana at UFN 66 and pick a few of the fights for the show.

My Picks:
Spencer Fisher in a 3rd round TKO over Cole Miller
Kendall Grove in a 2nd round submission over Ricardo Almeida
Brandon Vera in a 2nd round KO over Rich Franklin
Miko Cro Cop in a 1st round KO over Fabricio Werdum

Week 5: Sparring, working on takedown offense and ground striking offense
Week 6: Attend UFN 66

Results:
Fisher in a 1st round submission
Grove in a decision
Franklin in a 1st round TKO
Werdum in a 1st round submission

I declined a media workout sesson.

Week 8: Sparring, working on takedown and ground strike offense
Week 9: Rest

I decline a media workout session

Week 10: Intense speed training
Week 11: Gameplan submission
Week 12: Rest

I accept a media workout, she is persistent

UFN 67

The Card

Undercard
Karo Parisyan (23-12-1) vs. Chris Lytle (33-26)
Nate Quarry (18-12) vs. Patrick Cote (17-14)
Jon Jones (16-8) vs. Mark Coleman (20-16)

Main Card
Efrain Escudero (21-6) vs. Kenny Davis (15-5-1)
Andrei Arlovski (20-17) vs. Pat Barry (12-9)

Co Main Event
Anthony Johnson (15-9) vs. Mike Swick (18-12)

Main Event
Dong Hyun Kim (19-3-2) vs. Dustin Hazelett (17-12)

My Match

1st round
- I can tell he is waiting for me to shoot so I start by firing punches. As he adjusts to that I start to chop himk down with leg and body kiks totake the wind out from his lungs and the strength from his legs. I leave myself open and he connects which cuts me but I quickly recover and drill him with with a right and open him up. I follow it by an elbow and another right. He is staggered. I load up with another right and he stumbles down. I get in a dominant position and start pounding his head and the ref pulls me off for a TKO!!!!

I improve to 16-5-1.

After the match I callout a rematch for Guida as I want to avenge that "non win".
Old 05-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #68
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Post Fight

Dana visits my locker room and would like to put me on a PPV event. It takes me all of half a second to say hell yeah!!!

Next Fight

I will get my rematch with Clay Guida (28-15-1) as an undercard at UFC 160!!! Can't wait to be part of that experience!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #69
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty Three

Week 3: Media workout; successful
Week 4: Sparring, takedown and ground striking work
Week 6: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on transition to side control from inside guard; I nailed it
Week 7: Gameplan submissions

UFC 160

The Card

Undercard
Michael Bisping (24-10) vs. Yushin Okami (29-13)
Forrest Griffin (23-12-1) vs. Rashad Evans (20-9-1)
Kenny Davis (16-5-1) vs. Clay Guida (28-15-1)

Main Card
Brock Lesnar (11-8) vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (19-11)
Chael Sonnen (29-15-1) vs. Anderson Silva (32-9)

Co Main Event
Thiago Silva (20-3) vs. Tito Ortiz (22-12) (Title bout)

Main Event
Cheick Kongo (30-8) vs. Antonio Nogueira (37-15-1) (Title bout)

My Match

1st round
- We both came out throwing and landed several kicks and punches. I take him down but can't get past half guard and at one point he hs be against the cage in a clinch but I am able to escape. The round ends with us trading punches. Too close to call.

2nd round - I come out with a few kicks and then tie him up and start landing knees inside. I lose focus for a second and he takes me down. I can't believe how this guy just keeps coming. I hit him with a couple of hard shots but he keeps moving forward. Then I leave an opening when I throw a right and he rocks me with a left. Before I can cover up he comes back over the top with a powerful right to my jaw and I don't remember much after that. I lose a knockout and fall to 16-6-1. My PPV debut was anything but memorable.

There is a new light heavyweight champion as Ortiz knocks out Silv in the 3rd round after Silva tried a flying knee and Ortiz sidestepped it and fired a brutal left into Silva's temple to turn his lights out.

There is a new heavyweight champion as Nogueira knocks out Kongo in the 2nd round after bloodying him up badly.

Okami earns submission of the night
Ortiz earned knockout of the night
Okami's submission win over Bisping was the fight of the night

Game Related Comment (and a little extra)

I am hoping that the change in his style was game related due to the last matchup. I was able to back him off and create room a little easier in the first matchup with him.

On another note, I think this was one hell of a card for an event.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #70
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I get a chance at UFC162 as an undercard against Joe Stevenson (39-14). I had a choice to be a main event at UFN 70 against Tyson Griffin but I wanted to be on a PPV again.

Update

I have hired another new cardio trainer.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #71
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)wrapping it up for the night(/ooc)
Old 05-31-2010, 01:03 PM   #72
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty Four

My trainer tells me that I need to be prepared for a ground strike defense as he feels his gameplan against me will be to take me down and attempt to ground and pound.

Week 1: Sparring with focus on ground strike defense
Week 3: Intense speed training

I have been asked to attend an event and to make a few predictions.

My Picks:
Frank Mir over Antoni Hardonk in a 2nd round submission.
Nate Diaz over Gray Maynard in a 2nd round KO.
George St. Pierre over Thiago Alves in a 3rd round TKO.
Dan Hardy over Jon Fitch in a 2nd round TKO.

Week 5: Sparring with focus on ground strike defense and submission offense
Week 6: Attend UFC 161

Results:
Mir submitted Hardonk in the 1st round
Maynard O'd Diaz in the 1st round
GSP KO'd Alves in the 2nd round (to win the title, he dominated him both rounds with ground and pound)
Fitch beat Hardy in a decision

Week 8: Sparring with focus on submissions

Turned down a media workout, did;t want to get off schedule for this fight

Week 9: Gameplan submission focus

UFC 162

The Card

Undercard
Joe Stevenson (39-14) vs. Kenny Davis (16-6-1)
Thiago Silva (20-4) vs. Luiz Cane (20-9)
Fabricio Werdum (20-13) vs. Junior Dos Santos (18-8)

Main Card
Joe Lauzon (24-8) vs. Clay Guida (29-15-1)
Chael Sonen (30-15-1) vs. Dan Henderson (28-15-1)

Co Main Event
Keith Jardine (25-11) vs. Forrest Griffin (24-12-1)

Main Event
Shane Carwin (21-6) vs. Cain Velasquez (15-9)

My Match

1st round
- I did a good job while on our feet to land body, leg and head blows with kicks and punches. He took me down at one point and I was able to escape a kimura. Near the end of th round he takes me down and as I try to escape he gets me in a knee bar and I have to tap as it feels like my knee is about to pop.

I have not put on a good show on these two PPV chances that I got. Hopefully I wll be able to get anotheshot to prove myself. I drop to 16-7-1.

Werdum earns submission of the night.
Guida earns KP of the night and fight of the night in his KO of Lauzon
Old 05-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #73
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I will be on UFN 72 in the main event against Jow Lauzon (24-9). We'll both be fighting to prove somethign as we are both coming off losses in UFC 162.

Changes

I have hired a new speed trainer.

Increased Sponsor Level

BSH
Xyience
Ecko Unlimited
Punishment
Bad Boy
Warrior International

Other

I have been asked to attend a UFC event and make a few predictions.

My Picks:
Efrain Escudero to submit Hermes Franca in the 2nd
Cro Cop to TKO Heath Herring in the 2nd
Dustin Hazelett to win a decision over Martin Kampmann
Marcus Davis to KO Mike Swick in the 2nd
Old 05-31-2010, 01:41 PM   #74
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty Five

Week 1: Intense cardio training
Week 3: Sparring with focus on submissions
Week 4: Attend UFN 71

Results:
Escudero wins in a decision
Cro Cop wins by TKO in the 1st
Hazelett wins by submission in the 3rd
Swick wins by submission in the 3rd

Asked to attend another event. Sees to be helping me gain popularity with the fans, maybe that will lead to more PPV fights.

My picks:
Diego Sanchez in a 2nd round KO over Nate Diaz
Paulo Thiago in a 3rd round TKO over Dan Hardy
Yoshihiro Akiyama in a 2nd round submission over Wanderlei Silva
Jon Fitch in a decision over Matt Serra

Week 6: Intense strength training
Week 8: Attend UFC 163

Results:
Sanchez wins with a 3rd round submission
Thiago wins with a 3rd round TKO
Akiyama wins with a 1st round submission
Fitch retains the title with a 1st round submission

UFN 72

The Card

Undercard
Drew McFedries (16-12) vs. Ricardo Almeida (16-12)
Mark Coleman (21-17) vs. Steve Cantwell (11-12)
Kimbo Slice (11-9) vs. Todd Duffee (10-11)

Main Card
Dan Miller (18-10-1) vs. Denis Kang (39-19-2)
Jon Jones (17-8) vs. Stephan Bonnar (21-12)

Co Main Event
Junior Dos Santos (18-9) vs. Stefan Struve (32-9)

Main Event
Joe Lauzon (24-9) vs. Kenny Davis (16-7-1)

My Match

1st round
- On our feet for most of the round and he cuts me with a hard right but I wear him down in teh clinch against the cage and with body shots. I want them to pay dividends later in the fight. Round was too close for me to call.

2nd round - I work the body more ad then get him against the cage and land knees. Unfortunately I get too predictable and he grabs my leg and takes me down. AQs I try to escape he grabs my leg and puts a heel lock on me whioch I cannot escape and I am forced to tap.

I have to do a better job defending these things. I am quite upset about dropping yet another fight and am now 16-8-1.

Struve earns KO of the night
Jones earns submission of the night
Duffee over Slice in the fight of the night
Old 05-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #75
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Related Comment

These submissions are getting tougher to escape from the higher up the ladder I go. Fighting the low rated fighters I barely had to try to get out of them.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #76
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I will fight in an undercard on UFN 74 and will face Dennis Siver (15-9). I need to leave no dount in this match.

Sponsor Levels Decreasing

TapouT
BSN
Xyience
Ecko Unlimited
Silver Star
Affliction
Hitman Fight Gear
Hayabusa
Sinister Brand
SPRAWL
Punishment
Bad Boy
Warrior International
Cage Fighter
MMA Elite
Musclepharm
Yardbarker.com
Fighters Only
Spike TV
Lugz
MMA CONNECTED
THQ
Yuke's

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-31-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #77
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Related Comment

Good to see that there are negatives to a losing streak, hate that I had to find out though.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #78
DeToxRox
Head Coach

God I hate Clay Guida. You seem to fall into the same traps as me when I play. Get too carried away with a certain aspect of your game and ride it till you die.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #79
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
God I hate Clay Guida. You seem to fall into the same traps as me when I play. Get too carried away with a certain aspect of your game and ride it till you die.

I love watching him fight IRL, but I agree.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #80
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty Six

I have to send a statement with this fight. No messing around, no outside distractions, just preparing.

Week 1: Moderate speed training
Week 3: Sparring with focus on submissions, I am going to make him tap!!!

I decline attending an event. I want to focus on fighting and not fame right about now.

Week 5: Sparring, again focus on submissions
Week 7: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on an omoplata; some success, but don't have it yet
Week 8: Gameplan submissions
Week 10: Moderate cardio training

UFN 74

The Card

Undercard
Dan Miller (18-11-1) vs. Ricardo Almeida (16-13)
Steve Cantwell (12-12) vs. Mark Coleman (21-18)
Dan Siver (15-9) vs. Kenny Davis (16-8-1)

Main Card
Junior Dos Santos (18-10) vs. Todd Duffee (11-11)
Alan Belcher (24-11) vs. Denis Kang (40-19-2)

Co Main Event
Chuc Liddell (25-18) vs. Brandon Vera (19-11)

Main Event
Gabriel Gonzaga (19-13) vs. Justin McCully (21-11)

My Match

1st round
- I start out with kicks to the body again and then a left to the head followed by a right to the body. I kick out his legs a few times and then when he comes in to strike I nail him with a right that knocks him down. I spend the last three minutes of the round controlling him on the groun. I open him up with ground and pound and wear him down. The round ends with me trying an arm triangle but no luck that time. I win that round easily.

2nd round - I punish him with shots to the head and take him down when he tries to throw a punch. Ground and pound opens up the ct again and has his eye swollen badly. I try a kimura but he somehow escapes and gets to his feet. I hit him with a solid body kick and he crumbles a bit in pain and then follow it up with a strong left and he drops. He is out. Iwanted a submission but got a knockout. I'll take it.

I improve to 17-8-1 with the KO.

McCully earned submission of the night
Kang earned KO of teh night as he and Belcher were in the fight of the night

Game Related Comment

Hopefuly this is something that they will address with future releases bt I would like to see new talent enter the ranks as you progress. That doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #81
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

I remain as an undercard in a UFN event. It will be UFN 76 as I will fight Kurt Perregrino (18-11) who hasn't exactly forgotten about my negative comments about one of his fights shortly after I hit the UFC.

Upgrade

I hire a new strength trainer. I am fully upgraded for training and sparring.

Other News

I am on the cover of FIGHT! Magazine as I did an interview following some of my training sessions that is being published.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-31-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #82
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nice win.

I am using a wrestler now. Just in the WFA but so far I have two sub wins but only my Kimura seems to work. Is there something I am missing or is it just luck?
Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #83
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty Seven

My trainer thinks that I should have no trouble in my next match. He said that about Guida too.

Week 3: Sparring, focus on clinch striking

I am asked to attend an eventwith Dana and I reluctantly agree.

My Picks:
Caol Uno in a 2nd round submission over Cole Miller
Frank Trigg in a 1st round TKO over Carlos Condit
Spencer Fisher in a 3rd round submission over Hermes Franca
Marcus Davis in a 2nd round TKO over Dong yun Kim

Week 5: Attend UFN 75

Results:
Uno wins with a 1st round KO
Condit wins with a 1st round submission
Fisher wins in a decision
Davis wins with a 3rd round TKO

Week 6: Sparring with cofus on takedowns
Week 8: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on learning an omoplata; getting closer to nailing it
Week 9: Gameplan submissions

Will be hosting another media workout session, sometime after my next fight.

UFN 76

My Match

Kurt "Batman" Pellegrino (18-11) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (17-8-1)

1st round - I try to catch him off guard by starting out throwing punches. It works as I catch him with a right and open him up. I follow ith shots to the body and kicks to the legs. I am starting to chop him down as we clinch and I land a few knees inside. I shoot and take him down near the end of the round and get him mouned to land a few more shots as th round ends. My round, no doubt.

2nd round - I punish him all round. His ribs are red and swollen and he is starting to feel those leg kicks, plus he is broken open around his eyes. I get him down near the end of the round and try a kimura but somehow he has the strength to escape. He can't avoid being mounted and pounded until the bell sounds to end the round. Freaking tap already, unless you don't want to be able to remember the worst beating that you will ever take!

3rd round - I go for the knockout as I start to fire away with shots and then back to kicks to take his legs out from under him. The fool will not go down. I trap him agains the cage and fire knees inside but can't get him down against the cage. I let him back to the middle and he tags me with a right that cuts me. Then he goes for a kick but I drop and take him down and go for a knee bar and sink it in. He finally taps.

With the submission I improve to 18-8-1.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #84
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Announced

I am back on UFN but this time as a co main event. I will be facing Nate Diaz (17-13) in UFN 78.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:11 PM   #85
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice win.

I am using a wrestler now. Just in the WFA but so far I have two sub wins but only my Kimura seems to work. Is there something I am missing or is it just luck?

Thanks. Was going to work him for a submission on that one and wanted to loosen him up with a couple solid punches and I guess they were solid enough.

Seems to be just luck of the draw for the base submissions.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-31-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 PM   #86
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Game Related Comment

If I haven;t said it before, I am loving the damage tracking on this one. You can really see how your approach is working. I love seeing my opponents ribs all red and swollen, it means I am doing my job.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 PM   #87
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty Eight

Not sure if my trainer is turning into a yes man or not but he tells me that I have nothing to worry about in this fight.

Week 2: Media workout; very successful
Week 3: Light speed training
Week 5: Sparring with focus on takedown offense and clinch striking
Week 7: Gameplan submission
Week 8: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on learning the omoplata; I just couldn't get it right this trip for some reason

I decline attending an event, I don't want to get off my routine for this fight. A good showing here may put me in a PPV again.

Week 10: Light cardio training

UFN 78

My Match

Nate Diaz (17-13) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (18-8-1)

1st round - I start out a little shaky and get caught with a couple hard shots. I recover and take him down when he goes for another right and am able to ground and pound to open him up but then a I try to transition he puts me in a kimura and I am able to escape. I land a few more and he throws another kimura on me and I cannot escape, it is sunk in deep and I have to tap or lose the arm.

I drop to 18-9-1 and probably lost a shot at a PPV now.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #88
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight Announced

Hoping this will be a cure for what ails me I will be on the main card at UFN 80 fighting Hermes Franca.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:58 PM   #89
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Twenty Nine

Week 3: Media workout; not a success (but I have no idea why)
Week 4: Sparring, to work on takedwn offense and clinch strikes
Week 6: 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu to work on learning an omoplata; some success but still need at least one more week at it
Week 8: Light speed training
Week 10: Media workout; successful
Week 11: Gameplan submissions

I was asked to attend an event and agreed.

My picks:
Michael Bisping over Dan Henderson in a 2nd round submission
Joe Stevenson over Gray Maynard in a 1st round submission
Mauricia Rua over Quinton Jackson in a decision
Brock Lesner over Shane Carwin in a 2nd round knockout

UFN 80

My Fight

Hermes Franca (21-14) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (18-9-1)

1st round - I start out with a vicious right and a left elbow that opens him up. A few body and leg kicks and I have him trying to throw and then back up as he doesn't seem to way to stand in front of me. I keep working the body and the legs to keep him winded and unable to move. A few more rights and elbows keep him hurting. Late in the round I shoot for the takedown and bring him down, I transition and he tries to escape and I throw an ankle lock on him and sink it in. He taps with just second left in the round.

I improve to 19-9-1.

Last edited by EagleFan : 05-31-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #90
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I will be back on a PPV as an undercard. I will get a rematch with Joe Stevenson (41-15). I can't make the same mistake this time. I will not accept any more media events before the fight (other than the one I am committed to already).

Sponsor Level Increase

Hayabusa
Cage Fighter
Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #91
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Thirty

Week 1: Moderate cardio training
Week 2: Attend UFC 172

Results:
Henderson submitted Bisping in the 1st round
Maynard TKO'd Stevenson in the 2nd round
Jackson TKO'd Rua in the 3rd round
Lesner KO'd Carwin in the 3rd round (after pummeling him for 2 rounds)

Week 3: Rest
Week 4: Sparring, working on takedowns and clinch striking
Week 6: Sparring, focus on takedowns and clinch striking
Week 7: Gameplan submissions

UFC 173

The Card

Undercard
Joe Stevenson (41-16) vs. Kenny Davis (19-9-1)
Anderson Silva (33-11) vs. Nate Marquardt (34-18)
Lyoto Machida (23-10) vs. Thiago Silva (21-4)

Main Card
Frank Mir (23-12) vs. Stefan Struve (36-9)
Frank Edgar (23-6) vs. Sean Sherk (44-10)

Co Main Event
Thiago Alves (24-15) vs. JoshKoscheck (27-11)

Main Event
Yoshihiro Akiyama (26-6-2) vs. Wanderlei Silva (43-14-1) (title fight)

My Match

1st round - I start out landing a few strong shots to his face and then a few kicks to the body. He gets me in the clinch and we jostle for position but get seperated. I land a few mroe rights and elbows and then try a kick to the body and he catches it and takes me down. I try to reveerrse and he gets my arm into a kimura. I struggle to get free but he cranks it and I have to tap to him again.

What do I have to do, back to the drawing board. I fall to 19-10-1

Last edited by EagleFan : 06-01-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #92
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)I wanted to throw my controller across he room on that one. (/ooc)
Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #93
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

Back to UFN, this time UFN 83 as I fight Dennis Siver (16-11). My coch wanted me to get my head back on right so he thought this would be a good way for me to take out my troubles on someone.

Sponsor Level Increase

BSN
Xyience
MMA Elite
Musclepharm
Yardbarker.com
Fighters Only
Lugz
MMA CONNECTED
THQ
Yuke's

Other News

I decline attending an event. I need to train.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #94
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Fight Thirty One

Week 1: Intense strength training
Week 3: Moderate speed training
Week 5: Sparring, worked on striking, standing and clinch
Week 7: Media workout (keeping the sponsors happy); successful
Week 8: Gameplan for submission

UFN 83

My Fight

Dennis Siver (16-11) vs. Kenny "The Kid" Davis (19-10-1)

1st round - I start from the opening bell and do not stop poundin on him. I cut him early with an elbow and then take him down ad work the ground and pound which opens him up even more. I try a kimura but he escapes and reverses but I escape and get back to my feet as he has used up his energy. Once I get close enough I land a left elbow and then line up an overhand right that lands clean on the temple and he drops and is out.

I win by KO and improve to 20-10-1
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #95
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Next Fight

I will fight Hermes Franca (21-15) in a rematch in UFN 85.

Sponsor Level Increase

Ecko Unlimited
Punishment
Bad Boy
Warrior International
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #96
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

(ooc)calling it a night, already too late probably(/ooc)
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #97
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

After playing two careers, it is much, much easier to play a striker than a grappler. The flash KO can come at anytime, while it's a lot of work to really excel in the ground.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 AM   #98
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
After playing two careers, it is much, much easier to play a striker than a grappler. The flash KO can come at anytime, while it's a lot of work to really excel in the ground.

Yes that is the main complain in the official forum and at OS forums, flash KO's are too frequent while winning by submission vs the CPU is extremely hard. I guess it will end fixed in a patch.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #99
DeToxRox
Head Coach

When you guys spar as a wrestler what is the best way to maximize your point totals?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #100
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Yes that is the main complain in the official forum and at OS forums, flash KO's are too frequent while winning by submission vs the CPU is extremely hard. I guess it will end fixed in a patch.

I can definitely see that. Especially when watching fights. I only watch fights between guys that should be most likely pounders or there wouldn't be any submissions for the CPU guys either. Even though I see there tends to be style differences where some go to the ground more than others they still usually end in a flash KO from what I have seen.