Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yegorlyk to Georgia - a CK Dynasty!

The Tmutarakan Dynasty:

Hello folks! This dynasty is being done because I recently did stints in EU: Rome and EU: III and I thought it was time to dust off CK and give it a spin. After some careful consideration, I have decided to take an unusual county over as my own. Let me tell you about Tmutarakan.

In 1066, this nation was ruled by the 16 year old Gleb Rurikovich, after the previous ruler was killed after being poisoned earlier in the year, by a Byzantine assassin. The county went back to the ruling family of Chernigov and Ryazan, and was given to the son of the ruler.

Nevermind, I just realized that I am the firstborn son of the Prince, so I get the entire principality when my dad dies. I don’t want things that easy. It was perfect too. I’m trying to brainstorm if there is any way I can prevent it from happening, but it would be a really circuitous route. I would have to have a difference inheritance law which gave the County to someone else, and then die, so my father’s Principality would go to a brother but mine would go to my wife’s brother or something, but then I lose, due to the dynastic nature of the game. Not smart.

Ah well, I was really digging this dynasty too, with the location, the name, and everything.

Who else, then?

I could do the adjacent Principality of Cherson, two provinces. But then I’m already at Duke level. I could just do a random Count nearby – like the Count of Galaz in the Byzantine Empire or…I got it…

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-24-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Yegorlyk Dynasty

The Kingdom of Alania existed in the Caucasus Mountains from the 8th-9th centuries until absolutely destroyed by the Mongol Invasions in 1238-39. They would be invaded by the Caliphate and allied with Khazaria in the times before 1066.

In the 1060s, a Georgian-Alanian alliance was forged that would last decades. After the Mongols completely smashed the area, Tamerlane would finish the job, destroying forever many of the cities and dispersing the people of Alania, making it a memory of history.

In recent years, the people of the area, North Ossetia, have taken on the named Alania in order to give themselves a greater connection to history that places like Armenia and Georgia had, and to strengthen their international argument that South Ossetia is worthy of nationhood as a people with natural borders.

The five province Principality of Alania features three Counts and a Prince with two provinces of his own. As the ruler of Yegorlyk, we are the most exposed Christian province in the area. We are surrounded on three sides by pagans. As Orthodox, it will be our responsibility to Christianize the Pagans by conquering their land.

Thus, these are my goals for Yegorlyk:

1). Grow Economically
2). Capture the nearby Pagan province of Kasogs
3). Grow steadily
4). Declare ourselves a Prince, and break free of the chains of Alania
5). Forge a nation from the Pagans, converting them, and creating a mighty nation in the region for Christ.

(I have about 170 years to make a nation strong enough to stand up to the Mongols. Possible?)

Old 07-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is our court:

Count David of Yegorlyk
Age 27

4/4/9/5 (That’s Martial, Diplomacy, Intrigue, and Stewardship)
Gruff Diplomat

No Issue

Married to:

Burudukan
Age 17

5/7/8/5
Court Education – Still waiting result

Currently our Spy Master

Laws:

Semisalic Progeniture (my preference)
Traditional Custom (I prefer Feudal Contract)
Ecclesial Balance (not bad)

I change our tech advances to Siege Equipment, Farming Techniques, and leave it on Noble Customs.

I move to Feudal Contract

Despite being Orthodox, my people are Pagan, and that’s something we’ll have to fix soon.

Right now, Kasogs has a ton more troops than me. This will not be one of those blitzkrieg wars from me right out of the gate to gain land. We could take the other two adjacent provinces – Sarpa and Kuban, but they aren’t hot, and I’d prefer the very strong economy of kasogs as an early grab. They are also part of a large pagan tribe, whereas the Kasogs are by themselves. I also want to get them before Georgia or Alania do. I want to be the one with their economy.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Tellistto
College Prospect

Will be worth reading to find out, at least!
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is a print screen of the initial map.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Will be worth reading to find out, at least!

I hope so!

Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As you can see, the grey blob is Alania, and the northernmost of the grey provinces is me. Just south is Kasogs, in a bad color job, because it’s next to a grey nation but not of us. Bad map! Anyway, you can see the pretty blue is Georgia, the deep green above is they very large Tribe of Cuman, the purple is Byzantium. The deep red if Itil, the capital of the Kharzian tribe, and Jewish. There are other nearby Jewish provinces as well, including our province of Kuma, right beside it. The puce green is two small sheikdoms – Derbent and Albania.

Okay, since I am taking the slow path on this one, at least in the early game, then let’s just lean back and relax. Is everything ready?

We’ll take a day or two, get my courtiers, and then see what’s up and who gets what role.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Watch out for the Cumans. They're extremely dangerous.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Watch out for the Cumans. They're extremely dangerous.

We'll see just how dangereux they will be with me! I eat pagans for breakfast, Muslims for lunch and the Khazarian Jews for a tasty dinner. Or at least that's the plan.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 27, 1066 – I was given two additional courtiers:

Sangipan of Yegorlik, appointed my Marshal because he is my only male courtier (Martial of 5)

Rusudan of Yegorlik, appointed my Chancellor (Dip of 6)

Now I want to try and find a wife for Sangipan, to become a courtier for me, with a high stewardship.

Dec 29 – Our liege has made Kuma now a County, instead of ruling it directly.

Feb 6, 1067 – My wife is expecting!

Feb 9 – The daughter of the King of Georgia agrees to marry my courtier (she’s 24 and never been married). I appoint her my Steward.

Feb 1 7- My courtiers are already expecting

Apr 10 – My wife is Ill

June 26 – My wife became an Amateurish Pettifogger

Oct 9 – Our son, Aton, was born. I know have an heir. YAY!

Oct 23 – A miracle worker offers to heal my wife and we accept, and she is no longer ill.

Dec 19 – A weird thing happens. Our Prince swears fealty to the King of Georgia, so we are now Georgian. That is weird.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

It's actually a smart move on the Prince's part. More protection from the Cumans and other nasties in the area, and Georgia is one of the weaker kingdoms, so rebelling to go independent further down on the line won't be too hard.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Dola,

I usually don't play that far East, but if your Prince's main county is part of the territory needed to form the Kingdom of Georgia, that's another reason why he joined.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 13, 1068 – We discover the two farming method and I move my emphasis to Farming Equipment.

Mar 4 – My two courtiers are expecting another child after having a girl.

Mar 25 – My wife is expecting again

Apr 24 – I get an event. The nobles say they will not trust a leader with a different religion. I choose to crush them. Result – 75% chance province is looted for a year, and 75% chance it converts to Orthodox. I now have a Looted, Revolting, and Orthodox province

July 6- Rebelling peasants are starving and returning to the field. I choose to open my coffers and help them. We spend some ducats, and the province loses looted and revolting.

Aug 20 – In case you don’t remember them from before, the County of Suenik has accepted annexation under the King of Georgia as well. We are expanding all over the place.

Nov 30 – We have a daughter named Irina

Old 07-22-2010, 01:46 AM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola,

I usually don't play that far East, but if your Prince's main county is part of the territory needed to form the Kingdom of Georgia, that's another reason why he joined.

It's in Khazaria, one of the hardest crowns to forge. Can you imagine a harder place to make your king?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Feb 19, 1069 – My courtiers are expecting their third child.

May 2 – I get an event – a Pretty Wench Catches My Eye. I choose:

Refuse the Impulse. Gain 25 piety and a chance of becoming chaste, which failed.

May 24 – We discover wood ploughs. I order our people to look at architecture

June 8 – Kasogs wisely joins the Tribe of Cuman, the big green blob

Aug 20 – Byzantium has its fourth Principality declare independence. Two have been brought back into the fold after wars.

Sept 8 – We discover Divine Right. I next want to study spiritual art

Dec 14 – We are expecting our third child

Mar 2, 1070 – Three more principalities go rogue, but Byzantium just brought one in, but one, Trebizond, won its freedom and is now independent

Sept 13 – We name our son Itaz

Nov 3 – Cuman is finally at war. They are not marshalling troops from the small provinces, but they have one of their own nearby, one with a nice economy. Let’s see what happens

Nov 25 – I order a Forestry built

Dec 21 – My wife falls ill again.

Dec 23 – We are expecting a 4th child.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar 4, 1071 – I choose to raise my firstborn son myself.

Mar 25 – Another miracle worker heals my wife

Apr 12 – I send my daughter to a local noble

Apr 25 – We discover Basilican Structures. I have my people change their focus to mining

May 18 _ I can see Turk armies besieging Cuman in a nearby province, so I am getting ready for an attack of opportunity.

June 12 – We discover the shortbow.

July 19 – I choose to fall in love with my wife. We are now friends, and I gain Chaste.

Aug 20 – The Turks just took three provinces from Cuman. None that close, but dangerous stuff.

Sept 27 – We have a daughter – Borena

Nov 1 – We learn the handaxe

Nov 26 – I hand my second born son to the monks. I need a Diocese Bishop still.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #17
knolysis
n00b

Enjoy your dynasties immensely. I didn't get a chance to comment on your recent EU III dynasty, but I would like to see you reload the save before your were excommunicated and see if you can get further. I thought it was quite an interesting position to play.
knolysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Feb 10, 1072 – The Principality of Trebizond joined Georgia. Hopefully, we’ll have a strong state pretty soon. That’s good to keep off the baddies with, I suspect.

May 6 – My eldest is afraid of the dark. I choose: address the cause. He gains Trusting

June 15 – In the past month, three principalities won independence from Byzantium. Not looking good. The Turks are winnign a war against nearby Armenia, and if they annex it, they will border Georgia on all sorts of places, and war is inevitable.

The nearby Cuman provinces have stagnated in their number of troops, but I went way down when my province was looted for those couple of months, so I’ve been building my troops back up again, but it may be getting close to spin taking time, based on the low numbers of nearby forces I;m seeing.

Aug 26 – Armenia was just annexed by the Turks.

Nov 5 – My fourthborn is to be raised by nannies.

Nov 6 – I accept a fosterling from Manych

Nov 26 – One of our daughters, Borena, has died.

Jan 12, 1073 – We learn the battering ram and I order us to focus on offensive terrain.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolysis View Post
Enjoy your dynasties immensely. I didn't get a chance to comment on your recent EU III dynasty, but I would like to see you reload the save before your were excommunicated and see if you can get further. I thought it was quite an interesting position to play.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May 6 – Let me show you a map of how things have changed.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As you can see, the big blue splotch is Georgia. You’ll note Suenik is completely surrounded by the Turks and their Orange-Yellow color. You can also see them north of Itil now. See all of the land borders between us? I suspect a Turk-Georgian war is just a matter of time.

You can see how Georgia has really grown with Alania, Trebizond and Suenik added to it. You can see colors other than Byzantium purple to the left as the state is having problems, but the County of Tmutarakan is now Byzantine after pledging to it, so everybody is changing.

I am trying to decide if I have enough armies to strike now, or if I need to wait. I believe I can strike and take a province, but what will the counter attack look like? Can I rely on my fairly large Georgian blob to back me up and keep away Cuman after I stab into her heart and tear out a nearby province. It would be very good for Georgia to expand now, to use that growth to counter a future Turkish threat with more money and armies.

I currently have 709 troops and I expect I could have around 2000 when it is all said and done, but that will take years to have. Right now, here are the numbers for adjacent Cuman provinces:

Kuban – roughly 350
Sarpa – Roughly 380
Azov – Roughly 400
Tana – Roughly 280
Saray – Roughly 900 – not too near me

I think I’d want to strike at Kuban, the first one. The one most isolated from the rest of Cuman.

You know what? Let’s live dangerously. I DOW Kuban

Old 07-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 7 – We defeat the Kubans after the Abkhazia army is sent in to help. A siege begins

June 9 – Cuman forces arrive in our district.

June 17 – We crush some Azovian troops that arrive to break our siege

June 21 – I decline a peace offer for 71 ducats with Kuban

June 23 – Georgia accepts peace for ducats (stupid) with Cuman. Pissed, I DOW Kasogs and move in.

July 10 – The King of Georgia and my Count arrive, defeat the large Kasogs army, and then begin a siege.

July 24 - As it gets close to the end. Georgia ends with peace. I spend 100 prestige to DOW them again, because I WANT THE LAND and my liege is an idiot not to.

Sept 18 – On the very day I win the siege, the Prince of Alania has a white peace with Kasogs, so I have no time to try and get ducats or the land. Nothing. Even the Prince of Alania doesn’t want anything. Furious, I DOW YET AGAIN and lose another 100 prestige. Screw it.

Nov 16 – The Prince of Alania dies and there is a new one, a infant less than one year old. I declare my independence from these idiots. We are now at war with Alania.

Dec 2 – We win the siege of Kasogs and annex it. We are now at peace with Alania for some reason, and now on our own. But we got Kasogs.

Kasogs – 4450, Alan culture and pagan religion. They have Court of Justice, Royal Post, Training Grounds and Forestry. They are currently giving us roughly 4 ducats, twice as much as our own province.

I now have a prestige of -37, but I think, all-in-all, it was worth it.

Everybody still like me. I have max relations with all of the Georgians, King, Prince of Alania, everyone, so I suspect I can come back under the fold if it gets too cold out here.

Independence, and Kasogs - a good year.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-22-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #23
Tellistto
College Prospect

Man, what a bunch of wusses those guys are.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Good work grabbing Kasogs. I think Georgia's negotiating peace with Cumans was smarter in the long run, though.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 27 – The County of Manych declines to form an alliance with me.

Jan 11, 1074 – I accept an alliance with the Prince of Pereyaslavl. They DOWd Alania who DOWd back and probably think me a good ally, but I am not forced to join the conflict, and I have an ally with about 15-20 provinces. They are pretty far away, I don’t expect anything major to happen.

Feb 2 – I get a Religious Clergy preach a Different Faith event and choose to crush them. This time, just a 40% chance of conversion. But I’ll take that. It did change to Orthodox, looted, and rebelling.

Feb 15 – it is no longer looted

Mar 3 – My firstborn wants to know where heathens come from. My answer is: Men like us, but unbeliever enemies and unfortunately he gained Hostile – ick. I was hoping for merciful or zealous, but nope.

Mar 30 – I accept a fosterling from Tmutarakan. I offer one of my courtiers four daughters as well, it seems like a good idea.

April 13 – The Count accepts

July 15 – War breaks out between Cuman and Khazars (Itil). I watch for an opening.

Nov 12 – Expecting a 5th child

Nov 25 0 Khazars falls to Cuman. Never had a shot. That’s a very valuable province that will probably go to the Turks soon. Shoot.

Feb 6, 1075 - Irina becomes ill

Apr 17 – I give in to demands in Kasogs, and the revolts ends and I lose a tiny bit of prestige.

May 28 – My firstborn becomes friends with the fosterling from Manych

Aug 10 – We have a son and name him David after me

Sept 16 – We pay a miracle worker to heal my child

Nov 23, 1075 – We have entered the Crusades era

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Man, what a bunch of wusses those guys are.

I can;t tell you how pissed I Was.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good work grabbing Kasogs. I think Georgia's negotiating peace with Cumans was smarter in the long run, though.

I disagree, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar 22, 1076 – I must have missed it, but Georgia is now at war with some muslims. Trebizond lost her vassal, so Georgia lost another province. They needed to get those from the war, I totally don’t understand her actions there.

Apr 21 – I order Training grounds built in my province.

June 16 – War begins. The Turks DOW Suenik. Georgia DOWs the Turks. Battle begins

There are a lot of nearby provinces that are Orthodox and under Turk control, so hopefully Georgia can bring a few under her, but I doubt it. I think it will be another win for the big bad. I think they get Suenik and maybe a province from Georgia too.

Aug 26 – We discover Relic in Yegorlik, and I move my advisors to focus on Popular Customs

Jan 2, 1077 – Georgia captured a Turkish province, can they get enough momentum to win the war?

Mar 7 – My firstborn wants to know if God exists. My answer is: Certainly, let me tell you all about him. My firstborn gets Zealous this time.

Mar 15 – White peace between Georgia and my ally, so they can keep focusing on the Turks.

Apr 23 – We go hunting with the King of Georgia, and he is now my friend.

May 24 – Another hunting trip for boar and the Prince of Alania is now my friend. Despite being 3.

July 11 – We are expecting our 6th child

Aug 1 – Suenik has captured a Turkish province. Will land be exchanged in the peace deal?

Aug 14 – I hand my son David to the nobles for training

Oct 26 – Suenik is taken and annexed and that province they had taken is gone.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nov 3 – Seeing a chance, the Tribe of Cuman DOWs Georgia. I await an opportunity to strike, not only to gain land for myself, but to help my former friend. Besides, if Georgia falls, things may not look good for us.

Dec 21 – The Georgian capital fell to the Turks.

I DOW Cuman. I have armies of 1175 and 841.

Our allies join us

Jan 1, 1078 – Both armies arrive in Kuban and attack the defenders

We lose ot the 450 troops in Kuban after fighting their 15 martial skill general. Yuck.

Jan 10 – I ordre both armies to Kuban.

Jan 24 They arrive in Yegorlyk, and we arrive in Kuban with the other army and both begin a siege I send my defeated army to end a siege in Abkhazia

Mar 6 – We were insulted in a tourney by the Chief of Kuban. We gain a claim on Kuban and a rival.

Apr 1 – We defeat the siege of Abkhazia

Apr 4 – Thieves Guild in Yegorlyk

Apr 6 – They destroy our Forestry in Yegorlyk

Apr 9 – Victory in Kuban over a Cumani army

Apr 24 – We defeat an Azov army in Kuban

Apr 26 – We have a daughter

May 25 – We capture Kuban and annex it

Try to relieve a siege in Kasogs, or try and do more damage elsewhere.

June 17 – My ally took a Cumani province from one of their vassals permanently.

July 4 – We win a battle against a small Cumani army

I go to relieve the Siege of Kasogs, and although I have a few more troops, the King of Cuman with his 12 martial skill is there - not looking good.

July 16 – Whew, we relieve the siege – barely.

September 16 – My army loses in Azov. Another siege has begun, in Yegorlyk.

Sept 23 – In a losing battle, our Count dies!

The new count:

Aton of Yegorlyk
10 years old

Martial Education, Parental Upbringing, Zealous, Trusting, Hostile

Martial – 9, Diplo – 4, Intrigue – 2, Stewardship – 2.

Oct 1 – Our allies take two more provinces from Cuman and declare peace.

Oct 14 – Kuban is now rebelling from the siege here

Nov 17 – I manage to lift a couple of sieges with my new count with his higher martial skill

Nov 23 – We go hunting with the Count of Tmutarakan, and we are now friends

Nov 30 – We take a Heathens Are Splintered event and take White Peace with Cuman.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Kuban – Currently rebelling, with a 4350 supply limit, the Cuman Pagans here make us 0.6 ducats annually, currently.

Unfortunately, none of our three provinces are in the same duchy. I need to proclaim myself a prince. Kuban is Azovian, Kasogs is Abghazian, and Yegorlyk is Alanian.

Kuma and Alania provinces are now Cumani. Several provinces have been lost to the Turks, and Georgia is still fighting a two front war. I tried to relieve pressure, and I took a Cumani province, and my ally took three more – but it was not enough. Cuman perfectly timed their DOW on Georgia, perfectly aligned to hit them when they were already in too deep against the Turks.

Feb 9, 1079 –I give in to popular demands and the revolt in Kuban is over

The Manych court joins us, as the Principality of Alania removed them from power when their lands were taken.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar 5 – Georgia has been dispatched and destroyed. Cuman took a few of their provinces, the Turks took a bunch of provinces, and only a few scattered ones are left. Let me get you a map.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As you can see, there are just three Georgia provinces left, and none in the King’s demesne. Meanwhile, Cuman and the Turks have both made major advances, and I’m looking around for fellow Christians. I am now next to Tmutarakan, and perhaps Byzantium might be my next pledge. Georgia screwed up in several ways – one is they should never have gone to war with the Turks over Suenik – they should have let it go, and if they did go to war, they should have warred to win. They failed to do that. Cuman has been smart.

I would love to attack and annex Manych aka Prince of Alania, but in CK you have to have a claim on a fellow Christian land in order to take it, and I have no such claim. Right now, it would be easier to take on the Christians than the Pagans/Muslims

If I had my choice as to which province I want next, it would be Abkhazia, a valuable province with port access. Azov would give me two of the three provinces in the Principality of Azov and the ability to claim that title. Those would be my two targets.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar 27 – Georgia took the Prince of Kartli’s title. Then he stripped the Prince of his lands so Georgia could have a demesne. I need claims so I can take some of these provinces before the Turks and Cumani come back. It’s the only way the Christians can survive - unite under my flag. I am the only Christian nation in the region to expand successfully through war.

I send a female fosterling to our ally’s court

June 6, 1080 – After a year of quiet, we discover Offensive Terrain in Yegorlyk, and I order our supply limit to work on Defensive.

July 13 – We develop Business Practices in Yegorlyk

Aug 18 – My dad dying while young has made me hate god, and I gain Skeptical and lose Zealous

Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sept 15 – Cuman DOWs us.

I mobilize my forces. I will need to keep all of my armies together under my great Marshall to have a shot at this.

Sept 23 – I send my youngest brother to the army for training

Oct 2 – A random principality far away in the Byzantium hold DOWs us. Weird

Dec 2- After a lot of winning battles, and breaking sieges, we get a Heathens are Splintered event and I take it. White peace for all.

March 10, 1081 – After nothing, White Peace with Byzantium and her vassal.

I decide to send a fosterling to Byzantium

Oct 21 – I am asked to take in a bishop, and I appoint him my Diocese Bishop finally!

Jan 21, 1082 – I take a Georgian fosterling

Old 07-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #35
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm shocked it took that long for the bishop event to fire.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm shocked it took that long for the bishop event to fire.

Me too! I've never seen it take that long before.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Mar 22 – I wasn’t ready a year ago, I’m ready now. I have both my armies merged in Kuban. I DOW Sarpa, which brings Azov and Cuman and their allies into the fray. I then move into Tana, the headquarters of Azov.

Apr 12 – We crush the 500 strong army in Tana and begin a siege with my 3800 troops

Apr 29 – A siege starts in Kasogs

May 5 – We are attacked by Cumani troops in Tana

May 12 – We win

May 28 – Tana falls to us. We annex it.

I disband the Kasogs army and reband it in Kasogs, under the control of my great marshal. Battle begins with the Cumani forces, lead by their chief.

June 15 – We win in Kasogs and kill the Cumani Chief. They have a besieging unit in Tana

July 12 – My army lifts a siege that just started in Yegorlyk

July 19 – I organize Tana troops, around 100, to slow down the siege in Tana until I can get there and relieve my newest province.

July 26 – We lose.

July 30 – Tana falls to an ally of Cuman.

Aug 5 – We arrive in Tana

Aug 16 – We defeat them. Currently, we have no sieges on my provinces, but Tana fell and needs to be recaptured.

Aug 26 – Itil sends a peace offer for my 101 ducats and I accept. I am now at war with Cuman alone. I am engaged in battle in Kuban.

Aug 28 -= We win in Kuban. Decision – attack Abkhazia or play defense and try to keep Cuman from beginning a siege. Hmm. North or south.

Sept 10 – We defeat Cumani troops that had just arrived at Tana, as I thought. Back to Kuban, and thence to?

Sept 12 - Rebels have started in Abkhazia. I’ll skip it for now.

Oct 1 – Another battle won in Tana, and again I head back south.

Oct 25 – Win in Kasogs against a small sieging unit

Nov 12 – I choose to honor a pagan shrine in Tana and it becomes prosperous and we lose some piety.

Nov 25 – Victoire in Yegorlyk

Jan 5, 1083 – We get a event of a tournament nature, I am insulted, I push it, and I gain a claim on the Prince of Alania.

Feb 12 – Victory in Kuban

Feb 26 – Victory in Tana

I DOW Azov to get some more land.

Mar 25 – We win in Azov and begin a siege

May 14 – We capture Azov. We annex them and take a ton of money, which helps our situation a lot.

Now I have to go and raise a few sieges, but none have more than 1000 Cumani troops on them.

May 30 – We win against troops in Kuban

June 1 – We win in Yegorlyk after assembling my army there and defeating the troops.

June 11 – We win in Tana.

June 15 – Tana is now looted

June 27 – Kuban is now revolting

July 10 – We win in Yegorlyk

Aug 4 – We defeat a sizeable army in Tana and move to Sarpa to begin a siege

Aug 23 – I use the blood money to hire 1000 Norse mercenaries and add to our army in Sarpa

Sept 15 – Tana stops being looted

Sept 20 – We win in Sarpa against a major force trying to send us out

Sept 23 – Revolt spreads to Yegorlyk

Oct 5 – We take Sarpa in peace negotiations after it falls to us. We also get some more cash.

Attack Saray or head back in and hit some bad guys. I head back in.

Nov 19 – We win in Kuban

Dec 27 – We win Kasogs

Feb 9, 1084 – I take a Heathens Splintered event and we are at a white peace

Old 07-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Azov – This province has a road network, thieves’ guild and fishing wharf. It has 4350 sl, Cuman Pagans. .61 ducats made here

Tana – Cuman Pagans, just thieves guild, currently prosperous, 0.45 ducats, 4350 sl

Sarpa – 1.01 ducats, prosperous, nothing built here, 4350 supply limit and they are Cuman Pagans.

This war kept me in the north and away from the rich Georgian southern province,s but I still made out.

I start looking for a bride.

The one I want is the Georgian King;s daughter – and she’s 14, so I’ll wait for a bit.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Feb 12 – The Turks just took a heavy chunk of Byzantium’s provinces.

Feb 22 – I DOW Alania while I have my extra norse army with me.

Mar 22 – We defeat the Alanian army and begin a siege.

Mar 25 – Abkhazia declared independence from Cuman, since the rebels have had it all this time!

May 17 – We capture Manych, and then take the prince title and a bunch of gold and leave. I don’t get the land, jus the Prince title.

We are now the Prince of Alania.

I claim the Prince of Azov title. We are back in Georgia’s rule (since we took the title of something under Georgia’s umbrella)

We are now a double Prince. Who wants maps?

Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As you can see, I have marked our space, our Ally’s, Turks, and Cumani provinces. The purple is the Byzantines. The orange province next to us is also the Turks, a province they took from Cuman. Despite its color, Abkhazia is not a part of Georgia or us.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 5 – I send a fosterling to Abkhazia

My intention to start giving away province to counts when they turn Orthodox by event.

Aug 1 – Abkhazia is vassalized by Georgia and made into the Duke of Abghazia. Smart move by Georgia, I was angling to vassalize them myself.

Sept 14 – Jewish rebels have captured Kuma, the province formerally held by the Prince of Alania, and taken by Cuman.

Oct 16 – Having finished my education, I become a Brilliant Strategist!

Prince Aton of Yegorlyk

Brilliant Strategist
Skeptical, Trusting, Hostile

Martial – 17, Diplo – 4, Intrigue – 9, Stewardship – 8

That’s not bad. Obviously I’d prefer a better diplomacy skill, but for your first kid, that’s not bad at all. If I were not Trusting, I would have an 11 intrigue.

Nov 18 – We develop Nautical sailing

Jan 20, 1085 – We develop Divine Duty. I order my supply limit to look at Profane Art

Feb 1 – I order a library in Kuban

Feb 15 – We discover Statues. I order my supply limit to look into the Seven Arts

May 5 – Sarpa is now rebelling due to the religion issue

May 17 – For a long time, my court looked like a child school, with all of the young ones running around and few adults. Many are now growing up. For example, one just because a 17 diplomacy Grey Eminence.

June 15 – Meet my new wife. I take a duty of more than 100 ducats as well.

Princess Ripsime Bagratuni
16, eldest daughter of King of Georgia

Martial Cleric, Temperate, Just

Martial – 12, Dip – 11, Intrigue – 8, Steward – 15

Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 15 – My wife is expecting. I use the dowry to purchase training grounds in Yegorlyk

July 19 – Alania falls to rebels. I have a good feeling these rebels may take another Cumani province, and then bring them all back to our yoke eventually, like with Abkhazia

Sept 16 – The Jewish state of Kuma has wrested free of Cuman

I organize some troops and send them over. I want to take them now, before Cuman gets any ideas.

Sept 26 – I DOW Kuma and order my troops, stationed in Manych, into her province.

Oct 19 – We defeat the troops and initiate a siege

Dec 10 – We give in to some demands and a rebellion ends in Sarpa

Jan 10, 1086 – We take Kuma. A Manych army was with us, and since he has a claim to the land, he took it and annexed it, but still its good for Georgia to regain land we lost, and good for me since I expect I’ll eventually get that land under my banner.

Feb 18 - I marry my sister, Irina, to the grandson firstborn of the Prince of Trebizond. She’s pretty good as a courtier, actually.

Mar 4 – I gain rebellious rather than change my policies to fit my liege’s. I also gain a claim on King of Georgia

I’m marrying off a few of my courtiers. Want to make my domain a bit smaller.

Apr 11 – We have a daughter – Rusudan

May 1 – I marry two of my great courtiers, the son of Miriam and my courtier from before, and my silver-tongued chancellor great chick I have as well.

May 14 – Road Building gained in yegorlyk

June 9 – My Diocese Bishop dies

June 20 – Alania has declared her independence.

Aug 18 – They reject a vassalization offer from me, the Prince of Alania. I order a library in Sarpa

Sept 25 – Alania pledges herself to Georgia. That gives me an idea. I order my troops to march to Georgia, which I can now do since Alania is now us.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 23 – 4000 troops under command of my Prince with his 17 martial arrive in Georgia. I DOW on my liege. I want to take them and then claim the King title for myself. Then I get all of the Georgia vassals, and in one stroke, I am King of Georgia and in a very good position.

Jan 11, 1087 – We defeat the Georgia troops and initiate a siege.
Jan 30 – Having fosterlings in my court makes my wife want to have kids more - +2 to her fertility.

I grab the title on Georgia’s count title for the province.

Feb 5 – We win the siege, and I take the title, King of Georgia and the province, Count of Kakheti, and some gold!

Kakheti – With a church, roads, training grounds being built, Thieves Guild and Smugglers Guild, this Georgian Orthodox province of 2350 is not currently fulfilling its promise with just 5 ducats to us, but it could be a lot more if we got rid of the guilds.

We have the following vassals:

Prince of Abghazia – With just Abkhazia as his demesne
Count of Manych (A rival, with rebellious, but also depressed) – With Manych and Kuma
Prince of Trebizond – With just Trebizond
Count of Alania – With just Alania

Maybe the Count of Manych will kill himself soon?

Our capital was moved to Kasogs.

I use blood money to build a library in Tana.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #44
Tellistto
College Prospect

Woot, King title numero uno!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Woot, King title numero uno!

Yup! Let me get you folks a map with ME as the King.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 07-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As you can see, I gained a ton of prestige, but I’m in the hole with piety.

In 21 years I have become a King. I have 12 provinces under my crown. Before this short war, I had 6. I doubled it in one go.

My next goal is to be able to fend off the Cumans and Turks. I would like to retake Imertitia from Cuman (the province surrounded by us), the wealthy Saray, and Jewish Itil and perhaps some other provinces. One more victory against Cuman and I think we will be basically done. They are down to 8 provinces.

Taking the 4 Crimean provinces would be nice too

Old 07-23-2010, 10:54 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Feb 12 – I ally with the Principality of Coloneia, that’s the greenish country you’ve seen at the tip of the screens I’ve made for you next to Trebizond, in Turkey. It’s been there a while after winning independence from Byzantium.

Feb 18 – Expecting another kid

Mar 5 – They reject a vassalization offer. I thought it would be worth trying.

One of the Crimean provinces has broke free of Cuman and now at war with them. That should keep them occupied for a year or two until I am ready to strike fast, and furious and take them out.

Apr 28 – I was previously telling you when my capital, Yegorlyk, got an advance, but now that it has changed, should I slide to telling you what Kasogs gets? They developed the short sword today.

Here is my court, post War

Chancellor Yeva Siwnik, Dip 14
Marshal Kandak of Yegorlyk, Mar 11
Steward Ripsime Bagratuni, Ste 15
Spy Master Huddan of Manych, Intr 12
Diocese Bishop – Taus of Yegorlyk

Taus is a son of Miriam and my courter from the last generation. Courtiers worthy of a king!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 2 – We discover Stonepit in Kasogs and I order a Tile Factory built here

Oct 10 – Thieves Guild gone in Azov

Nov 19 – We have a daughter named Borena

Dec 1 – I order a Tile Factory in Yegorlyk

Dec 15 – One of the daughters of Miriam/Sangipan marriage now has a 17 diplomacy and becomes my new chancellor.

Jan 7, 1088 – Rebels in Manych. I marshal the Sarpa army to head in, take them out, and disband before the end of the month.

Jan 28 – Successful

Mar 28 – I lose the Rebellious trait. Disappointing, because I liked the bonuses it gave my stats and prestige.

May 9 – For about the past ten years, I’ve been getting all of these buddy-buddy events for my girls, and they’ve formed a major clique in my court, with a ton of them in the in crowd, and all friends. It’s funny.

May 22 – I send my youngest sister to Byzantium;s court as a fosterling

June 16 – Tile Factory ordered in Kakheti

Aug 12 – I gain Romantic after choosing that the friend of my enemy is not necessarily my enemy. +1 to martial and diplo, -1 to intrigue and stewardship, and extra prestige annually

Aug 26 – Expecting a third child we are

Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here’s my plan for war with Cuman when it happens.

Send my Kakheti army at Imertia, and take it.

Combine my two mains to strike at Saray.

Leave the others unactivated (too expensive)

Once Imertia falls, I bring that army north to DOW and besiege vassals of Cuman, while I keep the two Kuman armies from Itil and Saray on their toes with my larger army lead by me.

Then, once I have Imertia, Saray, Itil in my hands, and perhaps both of the northern provinces, I move to Crimea and slowly DOW and take each of their provinces until I have taken all of Cuman. (actually I discovered a couple of Cuman provinces far, far to the north, but all in the area.)

Then I have added 7-8 provinces to my total, and are in a much better strait to take on the Turks if I need to.