Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CK2 - Aragon (and Jerusalem!): Nation (Empire?) of Destiny - COMPLETE!

Crusader Kings 2 w/ Sword of Islam, The Kingdom of Aragon

I've been wanting to play CK2 for a long while, but something else has always gotten in the way. Today, we end that, and I get my first chance to play the sequel for my 4th favorite game of all time (according to my Top 30 Video Games Dynasty). Let's get my feet wet!

In 1035, Aragon was made into a kingdom after Sancho III of Navarre died, and his realm was split among his heirs. It's a very small parcel of land, but historically, it becomes very important. The Kingdom of Aragon expands militarily and dynastically. By its height, not only has it added jewels in Iberia such as Valencia and Barcelona to its Crown, but it also has land in Greece, half of Italy, Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia, the Balearic Isles, and other small holdings in the Great Sea. It's my hope to turn this small, young one province nation into a nation with a similar parabola, with conquest in Iberia against the Moors and later in the Mediterranean.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-05-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

Following (as always)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

thanks!

I apologize ahead of time for spelling errors. 'm typing this on my new laptop as I play the game in front of me. I havent gotten used to the ne keys and such yet, and I miss them more often than I usually do.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our first and only province is Alto Aragon. We have 5 military, 9 economy and 11 culture in technology. Our Holdings include the Capital of Jaca, with a fort level of 4.5 and 6.5 taxes; the Barony of Loarre, with 4.5 fort level, and 6.5 gold in tax income; the Bishopric of Barbastro with 8.8 tax; and tthe City of Huesca, 13.4 tax and 0.4 fort. We have 913 troops in our levy. The holdings are new to e, ,and I just have to hope I can suss through them.

King Sancho is 24 and maried to 15 year old Isabel of Aragon. With no children, his heir is his sister. King Sancho is Cruel, Lustful, Gluttonous, Diligent and a Flamboyant Schemer. He has 7 Diplomacy, 7 Martial, 6 Stewardship, 12 Intrigue, and 7 Learning. Not bad scores at all. Queen Isabel has 5, 6, 6, 6, and 1, and since he gets half of those, shes not vey inspiring as either a wife or as the mother of my children.

King Sancho is King of Aragon, Duke of Aragon, Count of Alto Aragon and Baron of Loarre. The King title includes de jure the Duke of Barcelona, which is next to me and rocking four provinces. I am in the same house, House Jimena, as the King of Navarra, King of Castille, King of Leon and King of Galicia.

We have an Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind succesion. Limited Crown Authority, Free Invstiture, normal feudal levies, no feudal taxation, normal city levies, taxation, and church levies, with minimum church taxation. This all seems like a good place to be right now, and I am content to not switch anything around until I get my feet wet with the settings.

Several people have a claim on my throne, and most like me a lot. One is Princess Sancha of Aragon, who is in my court, and my sister. She liks me +56. Garcia, my Bishop of Barbastro is sitting at +19 and my brother. My half brother and Marshal is Sancho Ramirez, an he's just +9. Finally, my current heir, sister Urraca is the one who doesn't like me at -54. She's ambitious, and that accounts for a -50 on her record.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My current council is:

Chancellor Esteban de Ayerbe, 11 diplo
Marshal Sacho Ramirez, 13 martial
Steward Mayor Enrique of Heusca, 15 stewardship
Spymaster Prince Garcia of Aragon, and Bishop of Barbastro, 4 intrigue
Court Chaplain Muno de Alquezar, 4 learning

I need a bump with my spy and chaplain when I can.

I emphasize infantry melee weapons, trade practice, and noble customs

I can choose from four ambitions, have son, daughter, amass wealth or become exalted. I can also chooe the plot to slay my wife. I do have a poor choice as a wife, but I don't know the plot system yet, so I'm going to go with have a male heir as my ambition.

I'm sending my steward out to collect taxes, my spymaer and chaplian to work on tech. With all of the Iberian Kings liking me, I send my Chancellor to France to improve relations. I don't care about anyone else right at the momnt, since i expect to blast the Duke of Barcelona at some point in time when I'm strong enough and I already am on good terms with my other neighbors. Finally, I send my Marshal to train troops, because I expect to hit someone fast if possible. I always like to hit as quickly as possible, adn the one proince Zaragoza Infidels are right next door and looking like a solid expansion arget. I would love to free my fellow Catholics from the yoke of their Moslim masters, and begin my own personal Reconquista.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 1, 1066 - Barcelona has declared war on Zaraoza, so I have to strike quickly . I assemble my troops in my nation and declare a de jure war for Zaragoza. It looks like a Holy War wil bring in a bunch of Islamic allies on their sid,e and I don't want that. Let's play this smart. In march my troops. I am not calling on allies.

Oct 8 - Battle begins! Our 906 troops are fighting their 271 troops.

Oct 9 - They call in aid from an ally, Calatayud. They muster another 280 troops to join the battle.

Oct 20 - Navarra and Najera, an independant county here are now in war as well, and we are not the onl one loking to strike quickly.

Oct 29 - The allied troop join their forces in the Battle of Zaragoza.

8 Nov - We end the battle and begin the siege with 682 troops surviving. Their army marches off. They have 284 defenders.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17 Nov - I join a Holy War request by Galicia against Cadiz. I also marry one of my courtiers to King of Leon. I gain some money from it.

29 Nov - I marry another courtier to King of Castille

30 Nov - A failed sally by the defenders increasess the speed of our successful siege in Zaragoza.

18 Jan, 1067 - Anotehr failed sally by the defender.
My wife has matured well, she has become a grey eminance, and I promote her to spymaster.
21 May - Zaragoza falls

June 23 - Their forces arrive to push us out

July 15 - We rout and destroy their army.

5 Nov - After ping ponging with their ally's army for a while, Zaragoza surrenders to us. I dissemble my forces.

Zaragoza - Castillean, and Catholic, this province has the county capital of Zaragoza, which makes very little right now. It also has the Mosque of Caspe, whih makes 11.1 taxes, and a 1 fort, plus City of Alagon, 16. taxes and level 0.8 fort. Techs are 5, 12 and 10.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With their army lagely destroyed by us, I decide to push and I declare de jure war on Calatayud. I reassamble my troops and order them in. My 674 troops move to their 125. I want to hit them while they have few troops, missing an ally, and the other Muslim nations are proccupied with a losing war against several major nations to the west.

Dec 3 - Battle begins

Dec 9 We defeat them and initiate a siege.

1 Feb, 1068 - Galicia won teh Holy War

3 Fe - An ally of the enemy arrives to dislodge us from Calatayud.

24 Feb - We win

10 March - They begin a siege of Zaragoza

15 June - They win a sally

15 July - We are struck by bandits

29 Aug - THe Queen is pregnant

2 Oct - Catalayud falls to us. I order my forces to clean up teh siege in Zaragoza.

30 Oct - We lift the siege of Zaragoza

Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

5 Nov - King Sancho the 1 is now known as The Fat

30 January, 1069 - We join another Holy War call by Galician King.

We also quick assaulted and took one of Catlayud's ally's towns today. LLeida

29 March - We have a son, Sancho II. I have fulfilled my ambition. I choose to have a daughter.

13 April - I disband my unit for a bit to reload and save some cash. Their units are all destroyed.

27 May - A prisoner I captured deamnds better treatment, so I relent and give him a house arrest. Christians are merciful.

I appoint Prince Garcia my Court Chaplain with a 9 learning.

22 June - The Paris mission is successful as a noblean there takes to us.

29 June - The Pope has died and been replaced with Felix IV

3 July - Our Marshal creates an event to give us even more reinforcemet in our cptial province for the next year

10 Novemeber - I'v played ping pong with a few small armies that arose from th besieged provinces aafter I caled my army back up, and finished them off. I have a ne courtier with an 18 martial stat and I make him my new guy,

Old 08-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 January 1070 - We join the King of Leon against his rebelling vassals.

I just noticed that Navarra took that small province they warred against earlier.

3 March, 1071 - After a quiet year, I order a town market in the city of Hucsca

2 February, 1072 - I revoke the Mayor of Alagon, in Zaragoza, a Moslem gentleman, from his job, and he accepts.

4 May - Our wife is pregnant again

21 June - A great courter named Muno comes with a learning of 15 and he becomes my new Chaplain

20 July - The King of Leon won his war against his rebels

9 Sept - I make the pissed off Sancho Sanchez, who really doesn;t like me, Mayor of Alagon, becasue it doesn't have enough power to threaten me.

5 December - A daughter is born to us, Ermesinda - I finish my ambition

I choose the only ambition left, Amass wealth

22 January, 1073 - More good news from paris and my diplomat there

Apr 23, 1074 - We take Calatayud, finally.

Calatayud - Castilian, Catholic, Capital of Calatayud with 5.7 tax and 4 fort, CIty of Alhama de Arago, 17.7 tax, 0.8 fort, and Mosque of Piedra, 11.9 tax, 1 fort. For some reason, the Emir has remained in charge of this province, and is my vassal, which is unlike what happened with Zaragoza.

Time to consolidate my holdings. I want to slowly remove my Moslems from places of power in the various Holdings.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

9 May - Another Holy War we were in has ended.

3 Aug - We get some cash from an event triggered by our Steward.

I will not be telling you abot tech advances, because they happen one province at a time.

1 Dec - I order work on Huesca's Guild Hal

16 January, 1075 - We get another call to arms, this time from Castille, and I join their Holy War.

My wife has become stressed so I appoint a new spymaster

23 Feb - The Duke of Barcelona was captured in war with a nearby Moorish enemy.

25 March - Wife is pregnant

9 Apr - I make myself Sancho II's guardian

29 Aug - My spymaster died of leprousy, my wife wants to beome it again and she's no longer streesed, so I agree

21 Septemeber, I revoke the Mosque of Caspe and turn it back into the Bishopic of Caspe in Zaragoza.

12 October - I ransom a pair of prisonersfor 50 gold

24 October - Meet Ramiro, our second son

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-24-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 January, 1076 - I upgrade Zaragoza castle to low stone wall and our captial, Jaca, with ashallow castle moat.

6 May - My guys are losing the war against Toledo, so I organize my troops and march them to Castellon to besige them.

10 June - My son, for whom I am the guardian, gains gained gregarious.

7 Aug - Our siege is increased by an enemy in the midst, and I think Toledo is moving our way after capturing a Leonese province, becuase they are backtracking their hugh 2. k army ito their territory and I can only suspect it is to relieve the siege.

18 Aug - Sorry, they actually ere going in the opposite direction. I misread it

11 Sept - The Mayor of Heusca passed, and left my Steward position open. Replacing is a great guy, who has a 20 martial score! I appoint Garcia as my Steward, and I grant Caspe, the Bishopric in Zaragoza to my Marshal, who really liked me already. This clears up my Marshal for my new guy without hurting the feelings of my good marshal, who loses 20 happiness with me due to the remvoal of his marshal but gains 20 for the barony. I also get a very loyal vassal in the same place as my unloyal brother in law who has the city there.

30 Dec - A giant Moslim army arrived in Valencia and is moving to my siege to protest it. I wait until two ays bfore they arrive and disband my army. It did what it needed to do, distract them. Meanwhile,the King of Navarra catured one of the Muslim provinces, but Leon itself fell to them, so it's very much in heir side, and I hope I helped in a small way (I won;t fight and lose and reduce the war score any further).

14 Feb, 1077 - They defeated the Navarra army in their province of Molina but didn;t even bother to retake it and move back to the real front.

17 May - I order a moat in Zaragoza's captal.

29 July - Leon is recaptued by our team

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-24-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 March, 1078 - Our new Steward, Prince Garcia, has brought peace to our realm.

20 Apr - I recall my Chancellor to sow dissent in Urgell, vassal of the Duke of Barcelona

27 Apr - After a victory in a jousting tournament, Sancho the Fat has become a duelist, and gained a Martial score.

2 June - 100 Toledo troops arrive in my newest province to begin a siege. I order 300 troops assembled in Zaragoza to move to oust them.

26 June - They ran away.

24 July - They arrivin Castellon again to bei another siege, but this is a small army I just want to annoy the enemy with

3 October - Sancho II gained Cynical and gained an intrigue in addition.

13 Oct - Our alliance just ended the capture of a Leonese province by Toledo

9 Dec - I have my wife becoem guardian of our daughter

10 Feb, 1079 - 900 rebels just appeared in the nearby one province Emirate of Albarracin

11 May - I declare war on Albarracin and try to capture it since it's under serious problems it seems - we claim a de jure casus belli on it.

I order troops to converge on it.

We have 1296 troops from Aragon province, 200 from Zaragoza. I leave the others alone for now.

2 June - The Holy War vs Toledo is won by Leon and Castille and us.

2 July - We defeated the rebels and have 1120 troops left to besiege Albarracin.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 September - I join another Holy War from Galicia.

2 February, 1080 - The Caliph calls for a Jihad in Sicily.

20 Feb - We win our siege.

I disband the Zargoza and ours,to move them to our captial.

6 June - I order a Castle Village in Jaca.

12 Dec - My son, Sancho II gained Patient

6 Feb, 1081 - My wife is with child again

8 Sept - Say hello to Isabel, our daughter.

17 Sept - Jihad for Sicily was successfl (secretly I'm happy)

2 Nov - I make myself guardian for my seond son.

5 Dec - Sancho II gained Charitable

6 Jan, 1082 - Sancho II gained Honest, which is not that good, because of the loss of intrigue.

I order a Castle Village a Zaragoza castle as well

Old 08-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 May - My oldest son is Ill.

31 July - Our CHancellor reports success in Urgell fomenting dissent

19 May, 1083 - I'm going to skip teh traits gained by my 2nd born son such s Gluttonous and Gregarious, and just concentrate on the primary heir.

12 Sept - I move my Marshal to work on tech instead of trainign armies

24 November- King Sancho the Fat has been wounded in battle against smal group of 50 moors that had tried to assault Zaragoza.

28 Nov - More distrust sown between Urgell and the Duke of Barcelona.

2 jan, 1084 - We order a Cstle Town in Loarre, in Alto Aragon.

25 July - After seeding a few small gifts and some honorary titles, all ofmy vassals have positive relations with me. Why, because after we get to peace, I want to switch my heritage.

8 Sept - Our son is no longer ill.

10 Feb, 1085 - The wound healed, leaving behind scars

Most of Leon has ben captured by Moslims

Old 08-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 30 - My son hs become 16 and an Elusive Shadow. This gives his a very powerful slae of some abiltiies. Here he iis:

Sancho II - Elusive Shadow, Gregarious, Cynical, Patient, Charitable, Honest,

Diplomacy - 17 - Amazing
Martial - 8 - Solid
Stewardship - 2 - Uh oh
Intrigue - 18 - Amazing
Learning - 3 - Wow

So, he ended up very two note. I need to marry him to somone with a very high stewardship to counter this. In the meantime I am making him my new Chancellor.

Let's find a wife. THis is our first opportunity to select someone to carry on the line. I want to make a perect choice

Ater looking and looking hard and finding nothing but one person who is hands and tails above the rest, I'm going to gamble.

Say hello to Alpais, a simple Courtier in Tulousse. Here she is, stats first!

Age 16
22, 6, 11, 11, 11

Grey Eminance, Genius, Kind, Just, and...

Homosexual

We'll gamble that the infertility hit with her won't be too bad. She's perfect otherwise

11 April - The marriage is agreed to, and I take some gold.

Their combination in diplomacy will be staggering. If they have a good Chancellor watch out!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, something interesting happened while we were waiting for our bride to arrive. The two province Islamic nation of LLeida has split into two and each has gone their seperate way. This gives me an opening to exploit.

15 April - We have taken Albarracin after they offer to become our liege.

Albarracin - Castillian, Catholic, Holdings - Albarracin - County Capital with 4.5 fort, 5.9 taxes; City of Temel, 21.6 tax, 1.2 fort; Mosque of Hijar, 1.3 tax, 1.5 fort

Our new vassal comes in with a 20 positive relationship with Sancho the Fat

Old 08-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 Apr - I move to medium crown authority, so I can revoke infidel titles - but I can't get it pased - it seems that those in teh de jure crown of Aragon can vote gainst it, such as the Duke of Barcelona.

24 May - I cancel it.

4 July - Galicia lost their Holy War a lot of land in teh east went to the Moors, and I gained a ton of courtiers flocking from the area. I take a look at the new blood. I have a 23 diplo guy I make my new Chancellor and I move my son to Spymaster.

Now that I have no wars, it's time to move my inheritance. I check, but i can;t I need a higher crown authority to move to primogeniture. Ah well.

5 October - This is a call to arms from Galicia, against Castille and a Sultan, for claims against Leon. I don't join them - the rest of Leon has been absorbed by Castille. I don't want to war against Castille.

I revoke the money plot and get one to revoke the Count of albarracin

I begin my plot, and gather allies - first I gather Bishop Julian of Caspe. Next I talk with Mayor of Huesca. Both join me.

9 Oct My son joins my plot.

13 Oct - Prince Garcia joins me

I send an Ultimatium to the Count with a letter.

18 Oct - The Count won't back down. We go to war.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Dec -We win in Albarracin

5 March, 1086 - Welcome our grandson, Sancho III

24 August - We win the siege

12 Oct - The Mayor o Huesca died I appoin a new Marshal. Julian has the post agan

24 Nov - My youngest daughter is a genius, and she has become trusting.

2 Dec - Urgell declared independace. It's currently in war with Barcelona. I order my Chncellor to Najera to sow dissent there.

17 January, 1087 - Sancho the Fat has passed away at the age of 44.

Sancho II has taken over. This means a couple of changes are in place. First of all, his brother takes over as Count of Zaragoza, since the titles split. Secondly, the war is over and Albarracin is back in the fold like nothing happened. I was hoping I could force them out faster thi way than revking the title, but I see that's not likely.

The old Marshal is no longer in our court since he was in Zaragoza, so we need a new one an a 17 marshal is found - Alonzo. We need a new Spymaster, and go with Pedro, who ha an ambition to become a spymaster and is at 13.

Our new ambition is to have a daughter, since the oldone was fulfilled to have a title.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

28 Sept - We accept a call to arms for Leon/Galicia after being attacked by the Moors.

19 March, 1088 Castle Village ordered i Albarracin's capita

11 Mar - Leon and Garcia crowns have been joined and a few province shifted to Galicia in peace with Castille.

17 - April I upgrade to a Portculliz in Jaca and arrow slits in Loarre

10 May - Meet our daughter, Rosa - ambition fulfilled

I decide on a Revoke Albarracin title, but I try to actually revoke it to see what happens. no actual plot or anything. It woked, we get the county to us, and gained one permanent point of intrigue. Now I send a couple of gifts to disappointed vassals.

I order a City Bazaar in Teruel in Albarracin

I chose the prestige ambition

13 Sept, I give my youngest sister to my mother to raise.

28 Sept - We accept a call to arms for Leon/Galicia after being attacked by the Moors.

19 March, 1088 Castle Village ordered i Albarracin's capital

23 July - Two provinces have already been aptured from the Leon/Galician King, and their army is in the 6500 range.

1 Dec - Militia training ground ordered in Jaca

6 Dec - My sister became a grey Eminance. Just like her mother.

18 January, 1089 - We have bethroed our sister to the King of England, who is 15. We gain some prestige from marrying their house.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17 March - 6 provinces are now under the ownership of the Moslims

2 Sept - Leon/Galicia lost and the Muslim Almoravids took five provinces from what was once Galicia.

18 Oct - The marriage occurs

20 Feb, 1090 - Lleida is captured by Barcelona, which is not good news, because I wanted it first before I attacked Barcelona

I need to grab Taragona before anyone else does - it's the last small Islamic state near us.

I declare war on Tarragona, with another de jure CB.

27 March - I have combined my forces from Alto and Alba... into one army of 1500 and move it into Tarra to fight the 400 defenders.

1 April - Bad news on the Day of the Fool as we find out that a major state allied with Tarragona

23 Apr - We win in Tarragona

2 July - I risk an assault and we win, capturing teh province.

24 Aug - I defeat their army remnants in Zaragoza and they flee

26 Aug - The Pope has declared aCrusade for Sicily

5 OCT - We crushed their allies as they arrived to break off the conquest of Tarragona

2 Dec - We finish offboth armies in Albarracin

25 January, 1091 - The Tarragonians surrenderto us and don;t stay in charge. It's wierd.

Tarragona - Catalan, Sunni, Tarragona county capital, 4.0 fort, no tax right now, 4.2 base tax; , Bishopric of Sant Cugat, 1 fort, no tax base tax is 8.4; City of Tostosa, 23.4 bas tax, 25.7 righ now, 1.2 fort

Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 08-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Iberia in January 25, 1091

While our personal Reconquista is going along fine, the rest of Catholic Iberia is suffering badly. My original plan was to get to six and the challenge Barcelona at four provinces and slowly take it's lands. Now we are each at 5, so a battle is not as likely to stick. The Duke of Asturias, to the east of Castille is the remannts of the Leon/Galicia Kingdom that was just smashed. Theres been too much war by the Catholics. Their men are in smaller and smaller armies as they wage war too muh, and then you add in the devastating wars between each other, and they can't hold off the Moors. My issue is what happens when the Moslims stop chewing through most o Iberia and smash into me. Even if I'm sitting at 8 or 9 provinces after successfully gobbling much of Barcelona's Duchy, I'm still having an issue with manpower. I need holy orders or mercenaries or something. think I'm going to save some coin for emergency mercenaries.

So, 25 years in, and we need to get some more expansion to protect us long term.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

30 Apr - I appoint Muno, my Court Chaplain, Bishop of the new Bishopric in Tarragona.

I also send him to convert that populace

Toledo has declred war on Barcelona and I don't think they can stand if Toldo smashes them hard. I check my armies. While Barcelona's forces are out, I may want to hit and take Barcelona.

8 June - THe Mayor of Tortosa in Tarragona converts to Catholic.

8 Sept - Barcelona is hammered by Toledo (The Dhunnunids). I DOW THem for Barcelona.

8 Oct Our King gains Brave

11 Oct - Siege of Barcelona begnas

Dec 22 - Toledo capture Lleida

4 Feb, 1092 - Wife pregnant

11 Mar - I will be my son's guardian

14 Mar - Urgll falls

25 July - Son gains Pride

29 - July - Barcelona fall to us

3 Sept - We begin the siege of Rosello

12 October - Meet my second son, Ernesto

29 April, 1093 - Rosell falls to us

14 My - I will raise Rosa myself

2 June - After being freed by Castillean allies, we begin to siege Urgell

13 Aug - A quick siege and assault captures a place sieged and captured twice already in the past year.

Barcelona - Catalan, Catholic, Barcelona - County Capital, 5.9 bse tax, 4.5 fort; Barony of Osona, 5.9 base tax, 4.5 fort; Bishopric of Vic, 8.4 base tax, 1.0 fort; Barony of Manresa, 5.9 base tax, 4.5 fort;

I order a Castle Town in Barcelona proper

The provinces we had are freed, so their war score drops with teh Moors, and Castillian army of 2200 is currently beseging LLeida to free it.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 August - Sancho III is now Patient.

13 October - LLeida freed and battle is about to ensue between their two big armies.

11 Dec - Castille loses but brings the Moslem nation to 2000

6 August, 1094 - Successful Crusade in Sicily.

3 September - The Barcelona war is just give and take. A land is capture, and then freed.

9 December, 1095 - After a quiet year in which the only news was about my daughter, the Catholics have pushed back the Dhunnunids (Toledo) from Barcelona. This creates an interesting possibiity. Assuming that they push into the Toledo area to start capturing provinces, I am in an interesting place. If Castille, Barcelona and myself all attack Toledo and grab a province or two - We're going to be in a good place. I have more than 650 gold for mercs if I need them. So if I go to war against them and a quick peace ensues and I am isolated, I still have a chance for victory. I can buy a few thousand troops to keep the fight on. Meanwhile, with the complete failure of Catholics in the west against the Moors, by joining the war against Toledo, I also help to distract and plit up the forces of them, and hopefully to allow Barcelona or Castille, especially Castille, to take some land.

I want to consolidate my holdings, but I am also an opportunist. Plus, every province captured thus far is in the King of Aragon de jure, so there've een no major issues, no rebels, nothing.

I want to consolidate my holdings, but I am also an opportunist. Plus, every province captured thus far is in the King of Aragon de jure, so there've een no major issues, no rebels, nothing.

Since my main army did a few sieges and an assault, it's down to about 870 soldiers. Those from my other provinces will be about 1k in troops total.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 1096 - A large army of troops from Provence comes to assist us against the Muslims. I declare Holy War against Valencia, because I can take more than one province that way.
I decide to go ahead and pick up some mercs now. I hire 3000 troops just 225

Feb 6 - I begin a small siege of Molina, with a small amry of 680 people, to keep the pressure on our foes -
7 March - Valenca has been captured by Navarra and Castille, and Castellon is under siege by Provence and Barcelona, and we have begun a siege of Denia. Leon captured Cuenca a couple of months ago, bu they just recapturd it. I move my large army to Cuenca, to take out their main army f 1700.

Hopefully, this is our Catholic push to reclaim momentum.

17 April - We win a major battle and slay 1200 of their foes in Cueca, and I order my troops to follow their army remnants to La Mancha.

12 May - We win in La Mancha and I order my mercs to Valnecia to follow their army while I split off the rest of my forces to join he siege in Molina.

6 May - I begin a small siege of Molina, with a small amry of 480 people, to keep the pressue on our foes -

29 May - Peace is made and now I am soloing a war with Toledo. I'm glad I have those mercs already here.

1 June - We arrive at Valencia and begin to attack their forces here.

11 June - We win and I order our mercs to Castellon to follow them

2 July - We've captured some prisoners, and won in Castellon. I order our mercs to keep on their army

7 July - A one province Moslim Emirate joined Toledo in their war against me

5 Aug - We have routed their last army in Calatayud, and order my mercs to Castellon to begin a siege.

17 ug - Molina falls and I order my forces to Cuena to siege them.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

7 Sept - A large army of 3000 Moors has been merged against us, so I order my armies to combine in Valencia and break off the siege to face it.

10 Nov - I get a gift of gold from teh Pope of hundeds of credits.. I buy another batch of 3000 mercnaries.

20 Dec - After a long battle, we win in Cuenca.

12 Jan, 1097 - I split my army to have one half one run after the losing foes and the other half to siege.

10 June - We've been ping ponging many of their armies while I siege La Mancha and Valencia with my other two armies.

11 Sept - Valenica falls and I order those troops to Castillon

23 Sept - We marry our sister, Isabel to the 16 year odl King of Croatia

25 Sept - La Mancha falls to our mercs.

17 Nov - We assault and take Calatrava with our new merc army

5 Dec - We defeat another army they managed to rally of 1850 in Granada as thyr fled and I chased them

31 January, 1096 - I assaulted and captured Toledo with my new mercs.

12 Feb - Valencia falls to us

15 Apr - After an assault, Denia falls to us

5 May - Their final province falls to my new army and I now have every province of the Dhunnunids

7 May - They offer peace, and I have won a holy war. I have gained three provinces, and expanded massively. Now let's look around and se where we are. By the way, we ended the war with 149 gold, so we really worked that gold. I disband my mercs

Denia
- The farthestmost province in the three province Duchy of Valencia, Andalusian and Sunni, Holdings - Captial is Denia, base tax f 4.2, fort of 4; Elx Bishopric, 8 base tax; Alacant CIty, 14.9 base tax, 1.2 fort. This province is south of Valenica, northeast of Murcia, and east of Almasa, right on the water.

Valenica - The eye of the area, Aldalusian, Sunni, holdings - Valenica Capital - 4.2 base tax, 4 fort; City of Gandia, 17.9 base tax, 1.2 fort; Bishopric of Xativa, 8 base tax; Barony of Alacus, 4.2 base tax and 4 fort.

Castellon - Andalusian, Sunni, Castello Captial - 4. bse tax, 4.5 ort; Nules Bisphoric, 8 base tax; City of Alpuente, 17.9 base tax, 1.2 fort

All of these provinces I own everything. I have a bajillion to many holdings.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 May - I ransom some prisoners for credits.

I give Denia to one of my courtiers, Vela Vermudez. I am giving him the County and all lower titles as well . That pulls several off my radar.

I give my Marshal the City of Gandia, in Valencia. The City of Alpunte in Casellon is given to an older courtier. I hand Nules, the Bishopric from V to an old courtier who is very loyal to me already, and I appoint a new Marshal with a 19 martial skill, and I grant him th Bishric of Xativa as wel.. This dropped me to 9 holdings in my desmesne, and I have nine max.

Map time

Old 08-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 08-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You can see several major changes to the area after the Catholics fought back. We are now at the farthest extent that Aragon expanded into the Moors in Iberia. Add the rest of Barcelona and the Balearic Isles to our and, and we have everything Aragon had, and that's everything Aragon has in its Kingdom - save for one province of Barcelona in France.

Expansion so far has been easy with the de jure claims against various foes. But to take additional land we nly have Holy War cb, and that brins in a lot of other Sunni enemies. as you can see, we have sevearl future expansion opportunites in Marrakech and along the coast the south west.

On western Iberia, you an see where France came in and too a province, and another province falls to the Catholics as well, and the powerful Islamic state broke up and is fighting a war against its daddy. This is exactly what we need to see. As of right now, with these three provinces, we are undoubtedly the strongest Catholic power in Iberia. Castille has been invloved, but it hasn' been expanding massively or anything.

I ned to consolidate my holdings, convert some provinces to Catholic, and so forth. This will only happen with time. I don't have the forces to fight others, so I need to focus on upgrading and growing. These lands taken were done due to opportunity no and an eye towards weakening the Moors for later.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #31
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

6 June - I reject a Call to Arms request from Castille against Leon and various Catholci wars. We have to stop tis internecine fighting and focus on the bad guys.

14 August, Barcelona is trying to revoke rosello's barony and a internal war started.

4 Nv - THe Bishop of Hijar has passed. I decide to give it and all of the county of Albarracin to my really good ad loyal Chancellor who becomes the Count of Albarracin.

I begin sme upgrades in Barcelona's two castles - Arrow Slits in Osona and Archery Range in Barcelona proper

29 - Nov I appoint Prince Garcia as the Guardian for Ernesto.

6 Dec - I move my Chancellor to sow dissent in Murcia against Marrakech.

A Holy War broke out against Barcelona and several smaller nations - the Amirids in the Balearic Isles.

11 Mar, 1099 - Navarra arrived and drove off the Amirids from BArcelona.

With a destroyed army, this is the time to attack the Amarids, but I am consolidating, not growing.

22 April - I order Guard Quaters in Osona (Barcelona province)

8 June - Our King has fallen Ill

22 June - Here comes 4000 troops from the Aftasids to join teh Holy War against barcelona.

17 July - A book is pressed into my King's hands, and he gains 20 piety after saying Hey Wait!

28 July - I have read the book and become a Scholar.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 August - The Catholic forces of Barcelona have been destroyed by the Aftasids.

6 Oct - The Illness has passed

1 Nov - Revolt in Calatyud - 1800 peasants are attackign the captial. I assemble my armies and march there.

25 Dec - As a Christmas gift, the rebellion has been defeated.

13 Feb, 1100 - We order Low Stone Wall in Valencia's capital, and Alacuas Barony there as well.

1 Mar - I have a tough event with my daughter I'm raising I can choose to give her Zealous and I ose Cynical, or not. Cynical drops your Piety monthly, but it also gives one two intrigue. Tha's a nice bonus, and at 354 piety, it's not like we're hurting. If this were my primary heir, I'd do it, but it's not so I'm keeping Cyncial.

31 - March - Sancho III gains Brave

1 April - Rosllo falls to Genoa. Castille has joined Holy War against Toledo a few months ago and are being besiegd in Soria by troops counting 3200. I wish there were a diplomatic action to offer to join them. Wait, I check, and there is. Awesome. I join their war, and I buy som mercs so I don;t hve to fight this fight on my own.

7 May - They've captured Toledo province itself. I send my 3000 troops along with 1440 of my own in Alto Aragon to relieve the Siege in Soria.

10 July - Battle begins between our forces and theirs.

16 AUg - We crush them and our King, gains prestige for leading this glorious battle. We reduced their army to 259 fom 3200 and we stil have 3700.

3 Dec - -We capture Cuenica.

19 Jan, 1101 - We crush their army in Valencia, and I led my armies back and just chase with the mercs.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

12 May - Conversion of the populace in Tarragona to Catholic. I send my Chaplain to Castllon.

11 June - We capture Molina, and then I disband my mercs. Hopefully that helps Castille!

4 July - Revolt in Valenica

14 Sept - Revolt ended

15 Oct - Pregnant wife.

17 February, 1102 - With our aid, Castille has gained the thre provcnes so fthe Duchy of Toledo - Toledo, Cuenca, and Molina. With a strong Castille between me and the Moors, I feel a lot more comfortable.

5 March - Sancho III became 16 and is an Elusive Shadow like his father

Sancho III

Dip - 13; Mar - 9; Stew - 5 Intri - 19; Learning - 6

Brave, Ambitious, Kind, Proud, Patient,

Seems a lot like his father - we make him my new Spymaster

Wife time. My favorite choice is a Countess, so if I marry my heir to her, he goes to her court. I don't like that.

22 March - My son is married and I take the gold

Gyrid Olafsdatter, 20

15, 10, 18, 5, 9

Fortune Builder, Quick, Just, Gregarious, Proud, Kind, Charitable

Old 08-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

23 April - I take a Call from Arms from Duke Olf I of Ostlandet against some random

16 May - Our third son is born - Nuno

15 Aug - I demanded that Count Muhammad of Calatayud convert to Catholicism and he agreed

5 oct - Rosello wwas captured by Genoa

20 October - My wife is again pregnant

19 March, 1103 - I order a Medium Stable built in Barcelona

10 May, Princess Rosa became an Elusia Shadow like her father and tutor, and is now 16. I did this so she can be a nice spymaster for her husband. I betroth her to the grandosn of the Duke of Provence, who is 15.

21 May - Meet my 2nd daughter, Violante

15 Aug - My mother, the Queen, has died.

18 Aug - That war in Scandinavia has ended

2 Oct - A son is born to my heir, they name is Fadrique

18 Dec - I appoint Mohammad my Chancellor, with his 26 diplomacy skill

2 Feb, 1104 - I order Medium Barracks in Osana (Barcelona)

7 Mar This year, we've ended some plots, and stolen technology from the Moors with my son spying on them.

29 Apr - The marriage between Rosa and Bertran goes forward

9 July - I have gained Kind after offering the warmth of our house to a mentally challenged knight.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #35
Alf
Pro Starter

As an son of Aragonese family, I'll follow along !
Old 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
As an son of Aragonese family, I'll follow along !

Awesome and welcome!

Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 September - We have rebuilt my forces from previous escapades, and I am mulling over some nice targets. The Isles? Barcelona? I don't want to expand eastward until I have all of my ducks in a row with the Duke of Barcelona.

I have a way of doing that. I have a 50 year old courtier with a claim on the Duke of Barcelona title. I can press his claim, take Barcelona in one stroke, and gain three provinces. I can't wait on him fo much longer, as he ould die anytime. I was waiting until the war with the Balearic Islaes was over, but that does not look like its happening.

15 Sept - I push his claim for the Duke title against his brother, Duke of Barcelona

I do not call on any allies

I send 1300 troop into Urgell from Alto Aragon. I will move my 1600 troops from Tarragona and Barcelona into Lleida.

23 Sept - I join a war between Galicia and a Sultanate on teh east side of the Peninsula.

11 Oct - We defeat them in LLeida and initiate a siege after capturing and ransoming two prisoners.

1 June, 1105 - After a quiet year of besieging, my Chaplain has converted Castellon, and I send him to Valencia

I also give the County of Castellon t my son.

8 Oct - LLeida falls to us - I order my troops to Empuries

22 Nov - I create som additional armies in Zaragoza and Albarracin to support our forces in the field

13 Feb, 1106 - We capture Urgell

17 Nov - We capure most of Empuries and they offer peace. We install Duke Berenguer Ramon as Duke of Barelona, and he gets teh three proinces from the Duchy

Urgell - Adjacent to Alto Aragon, this Catalan Catholic province is Urgell Proper, a castle with base tax of 5.9 and 4 fort; City of Pallars with base tax of 17.9 and 08 fort; Barony of Puigerda, 5.5 base tax and 3 fort

Empuries - Captial is Empuries with 7.9 base tax and 4.5 fort; City of Girona rocking 20.4 base tax, 0.8 fort; Barony o Cerdanya, base tax of just 4 and 3 fort. Catalan and Catholic

Lleida - Also Catalan and Catholic, Lleia is captial with 5.7 base tax and 4 fort; Cervera, city with 12.4 base, 1.2 fort; Bishopric of Solsona with 8.2 tax and 0.5 fort.

We finish the war with 509 coins.

We do have a claim on Rosello in case we want to make it later. The Duke is happy right now, but really wants both Tarragona and Barcelona, which we currently have to oursleves. That will displease him later.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

6 Feb., 1107 - I end a plot to assassinate the Duke of Barcelona by his brother

A ton of internecine strife in the Moslim world right now.

21 Feb, 1108 - Valenica converts!

I send our Chaplain to Denia

3 May - I press a de jure claim against Mallorca, and declare war against them. I want to push their conflcit.

2 June - We begin the siee of Mallorca with 1822 units

I will be educating my 3rd son

29 Sept - Conversion of Denia!

12 Oct - Prince Ernesto became a Scholarly Theologian

22 May, 1109 - We have captured Mallorca, and we take it frm them permanetly.

Mallorca - Andalusian, Sunni wit Acudia as the captial wit base tx at 7.9 nd 4.5 fort; Bishopric of Palma, base tax of 8; and City of Eivissa, with base tax of 23.8 and 2.1 fort. I make my second born son Bishop of Palma here. I send our Chaplian here as well.

I give my daughter to my wife to raise

Old 08-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 July - Stole some more tech with my Spymaster in Moorish Lands

What I'm doing now is preparing for the big push later. I want to grab the stuff I need to now, so that later, I have nothing to flank me, surpise me, or anything else.

I just finished selling some more ransoms after the battle we captured, and i puchase a new Holding in Alto Aragon. We order a new city built.

13 October - I request and am granted Guardianship of my grandson, Fadrique

Genoa has delcared Holy War versus Minorca, the last province out here in the Balearic Isles. I'm tempted to break the truce to get it first. I have to war with Genoa for Rosello later, so I don't want to do one, then wait, then do the other. If I break the truce, I lose 20 relations with Moslim leaders and 100 prestige. That's not that much.

Let's do it

25 Oct - We defeat the local army and begin the siege

22 Dec - We have captured Minorca with Genoan assastance and take it

Menorca - Andalusian, Sunni, Ciutadella is the capital with 4.2 base tax; City of Mao with 23.6 base tax. The city has a Mayor that serves us.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 Feb, 1110 - We are granted a 200 gold gift from the Papacy.

19 March - the Mayor of Tortosa died.

7 Apr - The Pope has died and we ave a new one Urban II

25 Apr - I have a new grandson

3 May - Fadrique gained Greedy

18 July - The Duke of Galicia won independance against the Moors.

25 Dec - Mayor of Eivissa has converted to Catholicism

5 Jan, 1111 - Portcullis ordered for Loarre

9 Apr - Provence was just taken by the HRE from France

Just as an FYI, Our old Duke married young and has spit out two boys

26 May - Fadrique is now patient

24 July - We stole more tech

In Alto Aragon, teh City of Alquezar is complete. It has a base tax of 12, and i apoint Jaime de Albarracin as the Mayor.

1 Aug -Mayor of Gandia passed. Our new Mayor is amazing. He's a Genius, Scholar, Brillant Strategist, and I appoint his 23 martial skill as y new Marshal.

1 Nov - I put a Large Archery Range in Loarre

(I get about 150 gold annually)

Old 08-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 Feb, 1112 - A Successful Jihad for Anatolia

19 March - The Cathar Heresy appeared in Calatayud.

8 April - I get a new courtier with a stewardship of 17 nd I appoint him my Steward. I also give teh Barony of Osona in Barcelona o one of my lesser courtiers

1 June - I order a Small Barracks in Jaca

27 June - Fadrique became envious

26 July - The Mayor of Eivissa passed Andres, the new one, is a two note character, with 16 marshal and 12 stewardship, but 1 or 2 in the other three stats.

14 Sept - Pope Urban II passed and Pope Leo X as ascended

1 Jan, 1113 - Knights of St John are formed. That's a huge weight of holy order I can call on. I easily have the Piety to call on them. I can get 7700 troops from te St. John order if I'm fighting Muslims or othr non-Catholics.

That's worth it

Time for that Holy War, before someone else grabs them

You see, Marrakech captured Almansa province some time ago, and now I can take both with war. The Almoravid Sultanate has taken it, and they won the wars with the Moslims in N Afrca, and they are huge. I could DOW Holy War for Murcia, to get both provines. Bring out the Knights for nohing but piety, i have 600 coin for the war and mercs, call on some Catholic allies to assist and blast the Sultanate.

It's jumping through a lot of hoops for just two provinces, but here they are - Murcia's three holdings have a base tax of 42; Almansa of 38. As a comparison, Denia is 26, Valencia, with four holdings is at 49, Castellon is at 32, Barcelona's four at 36. This is a very wealthy amd rich area. I'd like to expand my influence alonng the coast to places like Almeria and Granada afterwards.

Is it time yet?

Old 08-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What I would need to do is strike hard and fast - take our targets without fear. The Almoravids stretch from th edge of Mali up the entire African Coast to Constanine and Bizerte just west of Tunis. They have all of that land, and then they also have the provinces in west Iberia south of the Cathlics and where the old Galicia is, plus the two provinces adjacent to me. If we could both hit them hard, it would be amazing. But in additon to the large oppoent we'd run into, we'd also have to face the possibility of allies joining them.

And it would all be for just two provinces. Murcia and Almansa.

The other possibility is to DOW the Dhunnunids and take the three provinces of Cordoba. Just one of those three has a lot of value. It's just th Knights are a great resource for someone with a lot of piety and fighting non-Catholcis and that's me.

When I declare war, I always do it with plans, and schemes and with a certainly that I will win, but I'm not certain here at all. It's a HUGE risk to fight a big foe who may ally up.

Let's do it!

Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 January, 1113 - I declare Holy War on the big bad for Murcia.

I spend 165 Piety to "hire" the Knights of St. John - Ther force of 7700 arrives in Alto Aragon. I join them with troop in Alto Aragon for a force of 9315. I order them to Tarragona. Meanwhile, I assemble my entire fleet to meet them there. 92 ships will rally in Tarragona, after ferrying troops on the coast to Denia, a launhing point for invasion into Murcia.

16 January - Castille joins our war

27 Jan - Asturias joins our war

5 Feb - Our merc + King army is loaded up, but I don;t take them to the siege, but to North Africa, to raid down there The Knights and King are to keep them occupied.

21 Feb - Navarrra joins our war, and we arrive at Al Djazair and begin a siege

I order my fleet to return, and I purchse some mercs to send back out now

4 Mar - The Siege of Murcia has begun

10 Apr - Siege of Almansa begins

18 Apr - Mercs loaded up and I send them across Africa as well, to Beni Yanni, where the siege begins in 29 Apr

10 Sept - A giant force arrives in Murcia, and I have to break off the siege in Almansa to lend aid.

4 Oct - We capture Al-D's first Holding

22 Oct - We win in Murcia, capture two pirsoners who I ransom for cash, and don;t have enough troops to keep up two sieges so we concentrate on Murcia

29 - Nov - Navarran troops defeat the fleeing army from Murcia.

8 Dec - We win the second siege in A-D

18 De - I assault the 3rd holding and capture it in Al-D

9 Jan, 1114 - We capture th first holding in Beni Yanni

12 Jan 0 We capture th first holding in Murcia

22 Jan - I assault and take teh seond hoding in Beni Yanni

30 Jan - We take the 2nd holding in Murcia

3 Feb - We capture the final holding in Al-D

12 Feb - We fully capture Murcia and Beni Yanni.

13 Feb - We get a peace proposal from the Muslims. they surrender, and we have won!

Murcia - Andalusian, Sunni - this is not in th crown of Aragon, but instead under the Crown of Andalusia and the Duchy of Murcia. Murcia proper is captial with 7.9 bas tax and 4.5 fort; Cartagena Cit is 18.3 base tax, 2. fort; Lorca Bishopric, 8 base tax

Almansa - Andalusian and Sunni, Almasa is capital with 5.9 base tax and 4.5 fort, Albacete City, 12.8 base tax, 2.1 fort; Hellin Bishopric 8 base tax; Barony of Tobarra, 4 base tax and 3 fort

I hand the Barony of Tobarra and the Cities and Bishoprics to my courtiers. I have to pay for some courtirs to join my court, because I ran out

I make my Steward Count of Menorca, and that drops my desmesne to enough to work with

We had a few deaths, the Count of Calatayud and my Chancellor died, as well as the Duke of Barcelona. Post ransoms, I have 13 gold left after all of that. A Jihad was called for Armenia. I suspect it's

Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

MAP TIME!!!

I thought we would have more opposition that one 4000k army in Murcia, but perhaps they were fighting in the Castillean front, or they had not had enough time to recoup after that big war with their co-religious buddies.

Anyway, as you can see, this map shows Castille's move into Toledo, ours into Barcelona, the Balearic Isles, and Murcia. Castille has gobbled more Catholic lands in the northwest. I'm not sure where my future expansion plans lie. Grenada perhas, as I go along the coast. Maybe that one Genoese provinces of Rosello which is the final de jure provinces belonging to my crown.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 March - We stole more tech from the Moors

22 April - Prince Garcia has passed.

16 May - Count of Denia has passed

3 June - Castille begins a Holy War for Cordoba and ask for asssist, which I grant, sinc ethey just helped me.

8 Aug - Baron of Manresa (Barcelona Province) died. The new guy is really strong

I make Mayor Abdallah, of Gandia in Valencia in chanrge of the Barony in Valencia as well - This was teh guy was was a Scholar Genius yadda yadda, who is also my Marshal

30 September - Fadrique is Temperate now

1 August, 1116 - The War is getting a bit back and forth betwween th epowers.

4 Aug - Fadrique is now Brave

13 Feb, 1117 I order Medium Stable in Jaca

15 Aug - Castille is moving to the losing side, so I summon a few armies and move to besiege La Mancha

18 September - Menorca converts! Becasue he's 79, I replae my Diocese Bishop with another and send Blasco to brng back the Heretics in Calatayud.

13 January, 1118 - The Knights Templar have been formed

That's a nasty duo, both have 7700 men if you have the Piety for both (I Do).

Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

30 Mar - We were driven out of La Mancha badly and I return my armies, having lost roughly 66% of my troops - Castille you are on your own, sorry.

16 May - My third born is an Elusive Shadow and now 16. I have appointed Nuno the successor to the Bishop in Valencia when the 75 year old passes.

17 June - I order a Medium Stable in Vanencia proper

1 Nov - Rebellion in Castellon

4 Dec - Rebelllion vanquished

1 Feb, 1119 - I marry Nuno to a Priestess of France while he's waiting for the Priessthood

15 February - At the age of 49, King Sancho II has passed. King Sancho III has become the leader.

At his death, he had over 700 piety and 3000 prestige

Chaplain is there woking on it, so I don;t recall him to end it. I get a new Spymaster, and go with the other three advisers that my father had.

Everyone of the 25 vassals likes me right now. No plans for gifts or anything.

Sancho III

Four sons - Fadrique, Sancho IV, Antonio, Felipe

Dip - 5, Mar - 7, Ste - 4, Intr - 18, Lea - 4

Elusive Shadow, Proud, Patient, Kind, Brave, Content, Paranoid

I choose to have a daughter as the only eligible ambition

Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 March - Castille lost her Holy War vs their foe, which is now the Casarids,

25 May - Have a a few plots ended by me. Also, my sister Violente is of age. Grey Eminance she is. I marry her to the Duke of Sjaelland, whose father was the King of Denmark, so as a Prince, we lose no prestige to marry him.

19 July - Bishop Muno of St. Cugat has passed and we have a solid repalcement, with a learning of 16. Well make teh new guy my Chaplain after my current guy finishes ending the heresy in Castellon.

9 Aug - We steal more tech from the Moors.

20 Sept - I send my 3rd born Antonino to alma to be educted by my brother Ernesto.

2 Oct - My son, Fadrique is now 16. In this last year, after the death of his mentor, I sent him to me wif,e in the hope we would gain her skill in stewardship In fact, this worked, and he is Midas Touched.

Fadrique, 16
Diplo - 4, Mart - 6, Steward - 17, Intrig - 13, Learning - 7

Midas Touched, Greedy, Patient, Envious, Bave, Temperate

Time to discover a wife!

I really enjoy the diplomacy the Duke of Orleans wife has. i also like 18 year old Henrike von Veldenz in Lyon, but at the day, its Marie de Blois, f House de Blois in Orleans.

14 October - They are married, I take teh gold.

Marie de Blois, 16

Dip - 25, Mar - 4, Ste - 10, Intr - 5, Lear - 9

Grey Eminance, Just, Charitable, Kind, Patient

I also order a New City built in Valencia

Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

19 Oct - I lost Content with an event

26 Jan, 1120 - I uncover a plot by Count Pedro of Albarracin, my chancellor, to lower crown authority in Aragon. I choose to imprison him.

6 Feb - rebellion in Valenicia.

12 Mar - Put down

I appoint Fadrique my new Steward

28 May - I found my son was stealing from the treasury and he wants me to be just in treating him, so I choose to put him in prison.

27 June - I release him from prison

16 July - I ransom teh Count and release him from jail too

18 Sept - The Baron of Tobarra has passed and Sancho III reinherits it. I give it to one of my courtiers

29 Nov - I get n event to do Force Conversion n Castellon and I take it it wil have inreased revolt risks for a year. I change Chaplains and send the new guy to Calatayud to fight against the Cathar heresy there

9 Jan, 1121 - I order Medium Bararacks in Jaca, our captial in Alto Aragon.

2 Mar - Fadrique approaches me for a fief of his own to rule, but I tell him he's not ready yet

4 Aug - I order the construction of a medium stable in Loarre in Alto Aragon.

17 Oct - Our new city is built - the City of Chiva in Valenia, with a bas tax of 12. I give it to a nice courtier who owns about 350 gold himself, to improve it. I think he was a Count somewhere else but came to my court.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This year, about four people have contrated Consumption among my vassals

10 Dec - Fadrique has become Ill

11 Feb, 1122 - I end a plot to slay my uncle, the Count of Zaragoza

13 April - I side with Cunt Tifilwit of Calatayud against my haplian, who accused him of being a heretic. His family hs been very loyal, never rebelling when they were Sunni and converting when I asked. I have no desire to see them gone now.

5 May - Sad news. After his illness spread, Fadrqiue passed. My heir is now Sancho IV . I appoint Andres, Mayor of Eivissa as my new Steward

19 June - Time for war

I want to take the one province next to me in Almeria. I declare Holy War. I want to take it in one quick go.

9 July - Sancho IV became Patient

7 Aug - Fadrique, dead, has a girl named Anderquina

7 Sept - We win in Almeria

10 Oct - Some f my armies take to the Casarids, who have bee brought into the war

25 Jan, 1123 - We captur the first holding in Almeria

24 Feb - After childbirth and despression, Marie de Blois, wife of my dead Fadrqieu, has passsed as well

1 Apr - Small Pox has broken out in Empuries

14 Apr - I assault and take teh second holding in Almeria

18 Apr - Successful Jihad for Armenia

16 June - The town falls in Almeria and we take it, and the war has ended

Almeria - Andalusian, Sunni capital of Almeria, 7.9 base tax, 4.5 fort; Bishopric of Motril, 8 ase tax; City of Baza, base tax of 18.3, 2.1 frt.

I order my brother, Nuno to the Bishopric here. I make a nice guy he Mayor here as well

We finish the war with 660 gold after ransoming three folks we captured

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-25-2012 at 12:49 PM.