Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2016, 09:55 PM   #301
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
[*] I mean this in the sense of the chest-pounding idiots, not the rank-and-file Republicans who are, you know, normal people who believe in things like states' rights, small federal government, and the free-market economy. You know the guys I mean. They likely believe that automotive innovation peaked with 1970's pick up trucks, may or may not have a Confederate flag hanging up somewhere in their house (but they've definitely considered it, either way), and their most pressing ethical conundrum is whether or not they can finally wear their .45 pistol on their belt holster to church on Sunday morning instead of the mini-.38 ACP pea-shooter they've traditionally carried strapped to their ankle so as not to offend the old biddies.

Gosh, after such a charming description, I can't imagine why anyone would enjoy themselves for a while.

Free advice: dispense with those people from your FB. Given your diatribe here, I doubt they'd miss you.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:00 PM   #302
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
From what I can tell judging by my Facebook feed, the most immediate impact of the election has been to make the nutball[*] Republicans on my friends list even more stupid than they were in the months leading up to the election. They seem to have entered some mental zone of hysteria where winning an election means that everyone else has to shut the hell up and do what they say.

[*] I mean this in the sense of the chest-pounding idiots, not the rank-and-file Republicans who are, you know, normal people who believe in things like states' rights, small federal government, and the free-market economy. You know the guys I mean. They likely believe that automotive innovation peaked with 1970's pick up trucks, may or may not have a Confederate flag hanging up somewhere in their house (but they've definitely considered it, either way), and their most pressing ethical conundrum is whether or not they can finally wear their .45 pistol on their belt holster to church on Sunday morning instead of the mini-.38 ACP pea-shooter they've traditionally carried strapped to their ankle so as not to offend the old biddies.

What a racist, sexist post.

Elitist much?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:19 PM   #303
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
racist, sexist post

Uh, wha?

Anyway, if those people call out some of us for being liberal pussies (and don't tell me they don't), they can survive someone calling them chest-pounding idiots.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:02 PM   #304
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
What a racist, sexist post.

Elitist much?

It's always cute when people think reverse psychology is clever.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:04 PM   #305
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Free advice: dispense with those people from your FB. Given your diatribe here, I doubt they'd miss you.

Why would I want to do that? The whole reason I'm on Facebook is for entertainment.

Edit to add: For the sake of full transparency, I've got just as long a list of idiots on the other side of the aisle, but most of them are keeping their heads down since the election. Which is a shame, because I really want to point out to them that the whole safety pin thing is a perfect example of why spending a bit of money on market testing is a good idea before you just throw shit up on social media. The jokes practically write themselves.

Last edited by Drake : 11-18-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 11:17 PM   #306
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

To quote Kevin Durant "I don't give a damn about drake"...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:29 PM   #308
Drake
assmaster

So...I'm guessing a group hug and agreeing to disagree is off the table, then?
Old 11-19-2016, 12:04 AM   #309
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
It's always cute when people think reverse psychology is clever.

Just testing out my new tactic. It is a go to for some. So I thought I would test it out.

I like it.

Drake is a racist. It has a ring to it.

And the ring is truth. You cant be much more racist then fighting to keep slavery as an institution. Or fighting against the civil rights movement. Or lying to blacks in the urban areas to get their votes.

Yep. It works.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 12:29 AM   #310
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why would I want to do that? The whole reason I'm on Facebook is for entertainment.

Ah, as long as you're entertained then that's different.

I've reached the point that idiots rarely entertain, just annoy.
Hence the logic behind my suggestion ... life is way too short (or too long) to be annoyed by people you aren't compelled to deal with.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #311
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Ah, just another one of those pansy liberals who has to be coddled with safe spaces...

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #312
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

All these people saying he's more presidential now, I don't get it. Still a thin skinned cheeto brain.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #313
RainMaker
General Manager

LOL what a thin skinned pussy
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:23 AM   #314
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
All these people saying he's more presidential now, I don't get it. Still a thin skinned cheeto brain.
Hey, it's much more Presidential than "check out sex tape." He's improving!
Old 11-19-2016, 09:27 AM   #315
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Hey, it's much more Presidential than "check out sex tape." He's improving!

But that might only be because he hasn't found a sex tape involving a Hamilton cast member yet. Maybe he'll get Sessions on that.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 11-19-2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #316
Ben E Lou

Hmmmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Cast Member
We have a message for you, sir. We hope that you will hear us out.

Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you, and we truly thank you for joining us here at “Hamilton American Musical,” we really do.

We, sir, we are the diverse America, who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights.

But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us. All of us.

Again, we truly thank you for sharing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men, women, of different colors, creeds and orientations.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #317
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Well, that's just uncalled for. They should definitely apologize.

Not feeling better about Trump and those nuclear codes.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #318
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

What's even more frustrating is the recent narrative of people voting for Trump because of the feeling that the media was trying to tell them how to vote or liberals being dismissive and patronizing towards them. Both these things certainly happened, but voting for an inept fool simply to spite them? Seriously, it's scary the amount of short sighted insecure mouth breathers out there shaping this country.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:32 PM   #319
JPhillips
General Manager

I don't think anyone is beating on Trump as hard as Evan MacMullin. His twitter feed is pretty incredible.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #320
Ben E Lou

Romney leaving his meeting with Trump.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #321
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I have to admit, all the whining & handwringing is going to make any bits of payback that we can manage to get all the more enjoyable.

It's like added value.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #322
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I don't think anyone is beating on Trump as hard as Evan MacMullin. His twitter feed is pretty incredible.

Saw something where McMullin was interested in seeking the senate seat of Orrin Hatch in 2018 if Hatch retires. Looking at recent photos of Hatch, god may elect to retire him first.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #323
digamma
Torchbearer

Did anyone notice that the President Elect settled his fraud suit for $25 million?

Or should we just talk about booing?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #324
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Did anyone notice that the President Elect settled his fraud suit for $25 million?

Bah. He explained that away in a couple of tweets before the Hamilton stuff. He doesn't have time for lawsuits any more. He only settled because he has to get to work for the American people! (Which means, presumably, tweeting about his grievance with the cast of Hamilton...)
Old 11-19-2016, 02:58 PM   #325
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

Yeah and he essentially admitted that he made a bargain on the deal.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:01 PM   #326
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
What's even more frustrating is the recent narrative of people voting for Trump because of the feeling that the media was trying to tell them how to vote or liberals being dismissive and patronizing towards them. Both these things certainly happened, but voting for an inept fool simply to spite them? Seriously, it's scary the amount of short sighted insecure mouth breathers out there shaping this country.

Kudos on figuring out the winning strategy for the 2020 election. I don't doubt at all that your approach of doubling down on being arrogant and condescending to people who voted in a way you disagree with, in large part because they were tired of the arrogance and condescension, is sure to convince them of the error of their ways.

Forget reasoned argument, forget factual debate, ramp up the very thing that pissed off people enough to vote for a reality TV star. That'll do the trick.

Last edited by CrescentMoonie : 11-19-2016 at 03:02 PM.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #327
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yes, fact based arguments with people that vote for candidates based on their desire to piss someone off. Tell me more.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:24 PM   #328
molson
General Manager

Must be surreal for Romney, who was badly damaged by that 47% thing, to meet with a president-elect who got there saying whatever the fuck he wanted.

Edit: Or maybe that was just the media convincing us that anyone really cared about Romney's missteps.

Last edited by molson : 11-19-2016 at 03:24 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #329
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Is this why Romney never endorsed McMullin? I wonder if Trump pressured him not to, with the promise of a job in case he won. And now Trump is pretending to try and hold up to that promise, but will come up with some excuse for why it can't happen.

Old 11-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #330
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:

Jon Stewart slams liberal 'hypocrisy' for branding Donald Trump voters racist - Washington Times

Your boy says you did this.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #331
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, fact based arguments with people that vote for candidates based on their desire to piss someone off. Tell me more.

Wow, you truly don't get why the Dems lost this one, do you?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #332
JPhillips
General Manager

There's plenty of data that says the popularity of the President is the biggest factor in the election for everyone in that party. That's what the GOP tested and proved over the last eight years. Politically the Dems best play is to mirror exactly what the GOP did for the last eight years, obstruct, oppose, and delegitimize.

Last edited by JPhillips : 11-19-2016 at 03:37 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:52 PM   #333
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, you truly don't get why the Dems lost this one, do you?

I do, I was speaking specifically to a recent narrative I've heard recently and the people it applies to. If you didn't vote for Trump for the sole reason to piss off those damn libtards, you aren't who I was addressing.

Still, in regards to a factual based argument, I don't think one can be made with Trump supporters, even the ones voting because they think he'll do a great job . He put himself out there, he is what he is, if someone still think he's a good candidate despite the awful things he proudly says, lack of any real ideas or straight up lies that change on a day to day basis..... There's nothing more I or anyone can say.

Old 11-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #334
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

No, you dont. If you did, you would work harder to not sound condescending to those who disagree with you.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #335
wustin
College Prospect

To be fair democrats and their pundits would be mocking and criticizing any republican president in office. Trump is no exception.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #336
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He put himself out there, he is what he is, if someone still think he's a good candidate despite the awful things he proudly says, lack of any real ideas or straight up lies that change on a day to day basis..... There's nothing more I or anyone can say.

He was a lousy candidate in soooo many respects ... yet it worked.

As President? His worse day can't possibly be any worse than the best of the past 8 years (or what the next 4 would have wrought).
Old 11-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #337
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:

I didn't vote for Trump. I think he's the single worst major party candidate for POTUS in my lifetime. People who act like you may be enough to give me a perverse pleasure in his victory just because you're being so smug and pretentious. Your attitude deserves Trump as president.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:13 PM   #338
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
He was a lousy candidate in soooo many respects ... yet it worked.

As President? His worse day can't possibly be any worse than the best of the past 8 years (or what the next 4 would have wrought).

Agree with the first part. Again, there isnt anything anyone could say, smug or beautifully pitch perfect, that would have turned people off him. He put himself out there, flaws and all. There was no point in highlighting them, supporters and detractors alike were aware of them.

Really we needed candidates who were not Jeb or Hillary. If the Dems hadn't thrown the primary for Hillary, Bernie very well may have won. If Biden had run he may have pulled it off, but I'm sure Hilary had a dirty playbook to attack him as well.

But I'm sorry, I just don't get the logical Trump vote. With Cruz, who I can't decide if I dislike as much or more than Trump, I can at least understand someone believing in him and his views. Trump? Who has no consistent or logical views, no experience, was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has a history of fucking over the working class, with a path of business failures and bankruptcies behind him? Not even getting into his open and unapologetic views on women and minorities. It does seem like a fuck you vote, and if you vote for president just to say fuck you to someone... You are not a good American or a representation on how the system should work.

I get there are people like Jon that will vote party lines(same of course on the other side), that is what it is. That's never going to change, but that's not what decided this election.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-19-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:35 PM   #339
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
I didn't vote for Trump. I think he's the single worst major party candidate for POTUS in my lifetime. People who act like you may be enough to give me a perverse pleasure in his victory just because you're being so smug and pretentious. Your attitude deserves Trump as president.

Great, add yourself to the party of the people that would sacrifice their country simply to annoy someone. Be loud, be proud!

Old 11-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #340
digamma
Torchbearer

He's still at it.

digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #341
JPhillips
General Manager

It's re.

But the last line is funny.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #342
larrymcg421
Head Coach

And how he's deleted that last one.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #343
JPhillips
General Manager

So Trump made time last week to meet with Indian business partners and the DC Trump hotel hosted a pitch for diplomats.

Thank goodness we dodged Hillary and her pay to play schemes.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:11 PM   #344
Easy Mac

Was at dinner with my father in law, and he was so incensed about people booing Pence, saying people should have respect for him since he's VP. This after hearing for 8 years how the President isn't actually American and hearing his appearance bring made fun in mildly veiled racist ways. He literally made fun of both Obama's appearances maybe 5 minutes later.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #345
Easy Mac

Also, living in the South, my Facebook is being blown up with the "Deceased Soldier's Family Booed on Airplane" story. I hate to be that guy, but does anyone have a link that corroborates what the dad says? Surely there was someone else on the plane who was equally taken aback that can support it, because all I see is where the dad says family was Booed for deplaning first. I've seen some reprehensible stuff, but I've been on numerous planes where the crew made accommodations for people on tight connections (like this family) and never heard a peep from anyone about it.

It just sounds like too much of a conservative wet dream story to be taken as gospel based on one person's word (kind of like how Sessions being a massive racist is based on one guy's word. His record suggests he's not going to be a champion for equal rights for all, but I don't think he switches into a Klan outfit when he goes to bed).
Old 11-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #346
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Great, add yourself to the party of the people that would sacrifice their country simply to annoy someone. Be loud, be proud!

You are one serious piece of shit aren't you? It's assholes like you that helped lead the country to where it is now. BE LOUD, BE PROUD...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #347
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
I get there are people like Jon that will vote party lines(same of course on the other side), that is what it is. That's never going to change, but that's not what decided this election.

In all fairness, Jon wrestled mightily with his vote for Trump (per his blog post on the subject linked in the election thread), Disagree with him as you will, but I really don't think he's a "just pull the lever" guy. In many ways, his thoughtful and reasoned criticism of modern pseudo-Conservatives is more blistering than his flat dismissal of anything progressive.

Like his views or not, he is logically consistent in his positions and his support. I find that to be admirable.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:36 PM   #348
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In all fairness, Jon wrestled mightily with his vote for Trump (per his blog post on the subject linked in the election thread), Disagree with him as you will, but I really don't think he's a "just pull the lever" guy. In many ways, his thoughtful and reasoned criticism of modern pseudo-Conservatives is more blistering than his flat dismissal of anything progressive.

Like his views or not, he is logically consistent in his positions and his support. I find that to be admirable.

Ha, there are many things I don't like about Jon. Him voting party lines would not be one of them, only singled him out as an obvious example, though it seems I rushed to judgment.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-19-2016 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:02 AM   #349
larrymcg421
Head Coach

At 6am on a Sunday morning, he strikes again...

Old 11-20-2016, 07:27 AM   #350
Easy Mac

Showed the tweet to my wife. She rolled her eyes and laughed. She agreed it's dumb, but she said "it's no worse than what she said." She being Hillary. I just don't get it.