Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Good News Thread

We've been following "Callahan's law of joy and pain" (Shared pain is lessened, Shared joy is increased, thus do we refute entropy) here, with a lot of shared pain, and I wanted to share some joy.

I had my disability hearing this morning via phone, and it couldn't have gone better. The Judge announced he was planning to issue a "Fully favorable" disability claim. (meaning that he agreed I AM disabled, and have been since May of 2018 (when I wasn't able to return to working from home).

This means so much to me. There's the financial side, my family has been paying all my bills for over two years, and this will allow me to pay them back for their support.

And then there's the emotional side. For two years, I feel like I was told "No, you could really work if you wanted to enough, if you tried hard enough." It really fed my depression, for lack of a better phrase, that the government was calling me a liar.

So, it's like a 9000 lb weight off my shoulder. And I wanted not to only share the good news with you but thank you guys for the support you gave me during this whole thing

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #2
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Awesome, Foz!
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #3
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

And to add to the good news. My wife is almost done with the first draft of her first novel. There's still a long way to go (major edit, beta reads, etc.), but most of us live our entire lives and never produce a piece of art as complete as a novel. So I am unspeakably proud of her.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
And to add to the good news. My wife is almost done with the first draft of her first novel. There's still a long way to go (major edit, beta reads, etc.), but most of us live our entire lives and never produce a piece of art as complete as a novel. So I am unspeakably proud of her.

Grats! I know the pain of writing and the muse's fickleness, so I can understand what a relief it can be
Old 06-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Old 06-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
We've been following "Callahan's law of joy and pain" (Shared pain is lessened, Shared joy is increased, thus do we refute entropy) here, with a lot of shared pain, and I wanted to share some joy.

I had my disability hearing this morning via phone, and it couldn't have gone better. The Judge announced he was planning to issue a "Fully favorable" disability claim. (meaning that he agreed I AM disabled, and have been since May of 2018 (when I wasn't able to return to working from home).

This means so much to me. There's the financial side, my family has been paying all my bills for over two years, and this will allow me to pay them back for their support.

And then there's the emotional side. For two years, I feel like I was told "No, you could really work if you wanted to enough, if you tried hard enough." It really fed my depression, for lack of a better phrase, that the government was calling me a liar.

So, it's like a 9000 lb weight off my shoulder. And I wanted not to only share the good news with you but thank you guys for the support you gave me during this whole thing

GARTS, Foz! Continued good luck!!

Quote:

What kind of novel is it? GARTS, too!!
Old 06-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #7
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
GARTS, Foz! Continued good luck!!

What kind of novel is it? GARTS, too!!

Romance. Set in 1990s Charleston, SC.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #8
PilotMan
Head Coach

That is really good news man. I was thinking about you this morning hoping that things were going to go your way. I know that things have really been a struggle for you and I'm happy that you got some good news that you could share.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Congrats to Fozzie and Mrs. Albion!

Maybe I should write the romance/coming of age story set in a zombie apocalypse that I've had kicking around in my head for years.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:12 PM   #10
Edward64
Head Coach

Congrats.

I can only imagine what pressure you were under and am sure that weight is off your shoulders.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:18 PM   #11
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the good news Foz and Mrs Albion! Remind us when the book comes out, my mother might be interested since its in Charleston.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:32 PM   #12
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Congratulations both of you! Our little piece of good news:

Little Brooklynn James is now three weeks old, and came into the world at 6 lbs, 3 oz and 18.5 inches long. She's incredible, and my wife and I are now dumb and only talk about how perfect and beautiful she is.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:36 PM   #13
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*hugs* AWESOME FOZ!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #14
Thomkal
Head Coach

yay Vince and family!
Old 06-04-2020, 02:07 PM   #15
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Cute Baby Alert!
Old 06-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

Little Brooklynn James is now three weeks old, and came into the world at 6 lbs, 3 oz and 18.5 inches long. She's incredible, and my wife and I are now dumb and only talk about how perfect and beautiful she is.

Congratulations, Vince! She's a cutie!
Old 06-04-2020, 03:49 PM   #17
spleen1015
Coordinator

That's so awesome Vince! GARTS!
Old 06-04-2020, 08:16 PM   #18
21C
College Prospect

I finally received my almost full refund on my flights to Poland/Ukraine for me and my brother. From my initial request to now has taken almost three months.

I was originally offered a travel voucher for future travel but I wanted my money back when international travel looked increasingly unlikely in the short to medium term. When I pushed for my money, they then said they would charge 10% of the cost as a "fee". I pointed to their terms and conditions which stated a full refund is due if my flights are canceled which they were. I finally got most of my money back (AU$5000) less $75 which I can live with.

The whole process was stressful. I tried to not let it worry me but I became more and more irritable as time went on. It was only after I complained on Twitter that things started moving - I started by making my request on the airline's website. Now that it is over, I am so relieved.

(I'm not mentioning the airline because, even though I was messed around for a long time, I am still grateful that they came through in the end. I neither want to demonize nor applaud them)
Old 06-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #19
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

YES! Congrats.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #20
Butter
Coordinator

Congrats to all, the novelist, Foz for that amazing news on his disability and Vince for the best pic in the thread.

Maybe 2020 isn't as bad as we all thought
Old 06-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #21
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

As you damn well should be!

Congrats to her.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 06-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #22
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

Congrats!

We tried to warn about the effects of that lack of sleep.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:08 PM   #23
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That is a sweet turban aesthetic.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #24
rjolley
College Starter

Congrats Foz, Mrs. albion, and 21C.

Welcome to the world, Brooklyn! We're doing our best to clean it up. (We were thinking about Brooklyn for our youngest.)
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:52 AM   #25
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Thanks all! She's a dream. Sleeps 7+ hours a night. We knock on wood every time we tell someone / they ask about her sleep. We know it very well may not last
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #26
PilotMan
Head Coach

Enjoy every minute. Even when you don't think you can, step back and just revel in amazement of your new life. Congrats. Being Dad is the greatest job there is.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote