Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #1
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

2020 election break down discussion thread

Since we aren't allowed to continue in the same thread we had even though there is some subjects that are related to the election that doesn't fit in other threads, here is a thread for the post election.

Nate Cohen posted an interesting post-election break down. Worth a read:

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
JPhillips
General Manager

lol

Fight the power!
Old 11-14-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hydra FTW
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:42 AM   #4
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
lol

Fight the power!
I am a rebel without a clue.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Hydra FTW

GrantDawg right now:

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 03:09 PM   #6
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Wait a minute - we got LOLs, a Spike Lee reference, and a movie clip.

Can we get this split into separate threads please?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:03 PM   #7
Drake
assmaster

All I know is that I've had the champagne on ice for a week and a half waiting on Ben to finally call the election and make it official.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #8
GrantDawg

They found 2,600 uncounted ballots in Floyd county, Ga. It won't overturn the election (probably a net +800 for Trump), but is definitely going to be a huge GOP talking point. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2020, 04:15 PM   #9
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
They found 2,600 uncounted ballots in Floyd county, Ga. It won't overturn the election (probably a net +800 for Trump), but is definitely going to be a huge GOP talking point. Ugh.

Are these legit ballots or mail in ballots? Should they be counted? Do we have watchers for when they're counted? If so are they close enough? Do we know if any dead people's ballots are included? Were they filled out with a Sharpie?

I mean, there are so many questions that we need answers to before we just stsrt counting ballots.

Last edited by Atocep : 11-16-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:19 PM   #10
GrantDawg

They are early voting ballots that the machine didn't count. The county knew they had a shortage of counted ballots from the recorded votes, and they discovered it was the scanner not reading these ballots during the recount.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I suppose "break down" in connection with the election can include family. So far since November 3rd, I've had my sister-in-law hang up on us and call my mother-in-law crying in hysterics because I dared explain to her that there isn't any evidence of election fraud and I won't believe it until an attorney puts his/her license on the line, and apparently over the weekend, my wife's aunt blocked the mother-in-law on FB after an argument in the comments of some FB post.

Totally normal. Society and family relationships will be just fine going forward, I'm sure.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:21 AM   #12
GrantDawg

Another amazing stat from Georgia: Black turnout was actually down compared to non-black voters. It was actually suburban whites that put Biden over the top.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:11 AM   #13
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The Texas results are crazy. We've never had two candidates get more than 4 million votes in the same year. This year, we had two candidates get more than 5 million votes. Even when counting for population increases, that's impressive.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #14
JPhillips
General Manager

Turnout was so crazy in CA that it's projected to be the state with the most Trump votes, and he barely broke 34% total.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #15
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Another amazing stat from Georgia: Black turnout was actually down compared to non-black voters. It was actually suburban whites that put Biden over the top.

To be clear, black turnout was up, but affluent, college-educated and older voters in the suburbs around Atlanta was WAAAAY up - and for Biden.

The suburbs going blue have been a gradual shift in the last decade+, but has really accelerated in the last 4 years.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #16
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yeah another big sign of the blue shift in GA is that it wasn't just anti-Trump. Lucy McBath beat Karen Handel by 9.2% and Handel is a classic suburban Republican. Also, Dems got a pickup in GA-7, another heavily suburban district.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #17
miked
College Starter

Home prices have really shot up in the North Dekalb area and lots of people either are looking to the burbs for some better deals or looking for better schools since Dekalb County schools are a shitshow. The top rated schools are mostly in Gwinett, Cobb, and bordering on Forsyth counties (plus Johns Creek). Most of my "liberal" colleagues are moving out that way.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:50 AM   #18
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Home prices have really shot up in the North Dekalb area and lots of people either are looking to the burbs for some better deals or looking for better schools since Dekalb County schools are a shitshow. The top rated schools are mostly in Gwinett, Cobb, and bordering on Forsyth counties (plus Johns Creek). Most of my "liberal" colleagues are moving out that way.

My wife and I just bought a house in suburban Roswell. The neighborhood we're moving to is filled with Biden, Ossoff, Warnock, and Black Lives Matter signs. I didn't see a single Trump sign.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #19
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Also, I continue to be fascinated by Cobb County, the center of Newt Gingrich's old political base. Prior to Hillary winning it narrowly last election, a Dem hadn't won it since Carter (and he lost it in his re-election bid). Here are the results since Carter....

2020 - D+14
2016 - D+2
2012 - R+12
2008 - R+9
2004 - R+25
2000 - R+23
1996 - R+20
1992 - R+20
1988 - R+46
1984 - R+54
1980 - R+13
1976 - D+13

I expected Biden to win it again, but +14 is shocking. The Dems also won a DA and Sherriff race (ousting a longtime incumbent).

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 11-17-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #20
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Yeah another big sign of the blue shift in GA is that it wasn't just anti-Trump. Lucy McBath beat Karen Handel by 9.2% and Handel is a classic suburban Republican. Also, Dems got a pickup in GA-7, another heavily suburban district.

Yeah but no one likes Handel. Not even Republicans.

Bourdeaux winning was a nice pick up though.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:34 PM   #21
GrantDawg

Good God. They just found another 2,700+ votes that were not counted originally because of a memory card. It was in Fayette county, another Trump county. The vote total is now a 12,929 lead by Biden. No recount has ever had this big a vote swing, but is still not going up be enough to change it.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #22
Ksyrup

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #23
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
Good God. They just found another 2,700+ votes that were not counted originally because of a memory card. It was in Fayette county, another Trump county. The vote total is now a 12,929 lead by Biden. No recount has ever had this big a vote swing, but is still not going up be enough to change it.

Queue 'those are the ones they wanted us to find' to hide the real fraud talking points.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #24
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sigh

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:58 PM   #25
Ksyrup

This is interesting, as a side note to the election fraud allegations everywhere.

Mysterious candidate who likely swayed tight Florida Senate race under investigation
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...247238749.html
Old 11-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #26
JPhillips
General Manager

Even though Trump has gone 1-25 in lawsuits, the GOP is still working towards a longshot chance of the House picking the winner. The GOP statehouse leaders in PA are now asking to join one of Trump's lawsuits regarding cured ballots.

It's amazing how much of the GOP is comfortable with the idea of a coup so long as it means they win. Hard to see how we step away from the ledge before 2024.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:16 AM   #27
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Even though Trump has gone 1-25 in lawsuits, the GOP is still working towards a longshot chance of the House picking the winner. The GOP statehouse leaders in PA are now asking to join one of Trump's lawsuits regarding cured ballots.

It's amazing how much of the GOP is comfortable with the idea of a coup so long as it means they win. Hard to see how we step away from the ledge before 2024.

Not sure how they think that helps them in any way. The house is not going to choose Trump.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 01:55 AM   #28
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Not sure how they think that helps them in any way. The house is not going to choose Trump.

The House votes based on state delegations, not individual members. Republicans control the majority of state delegations in the House, even as Democrats have a slim majority of seats held.

That's why Trump is pushing to foul things up enough for the House to choose the President. He doesn't think Republicans have the balls to pick Biden as President.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #29
Ksyrup

Update - Trump is now 1-28. And if that 1 win is the PA observer lawsuit, the appeals court actually ruled that the election officials handled it properly, so technically that ended up as a loss, too.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #30
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well, at least he is consistent in both his business and legal success rate.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:08 AM   #31
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
To be clear, black turnout was up, but affluent, college-educated and older voters in the suburbs around Atlanta was WAAAAY up - and for Biden.

The suburbs going blue have been a gradual shift in the last decade+, but has really accelerated in the last 4 years.

This is really interesting. I don't pay close attention since I moved away from Atlanta, but Gwinnett and Cobb I thought were very solidly red, it was very nice to see that shift.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:17 AM   #32
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yep, Newt Gingrich's former district (the borders have shifted a bit though) is not represented by a black female Democrat - who just won re-election by ~10 points.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:52 AM   #33
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
This is really interesting. I don't pay close attention since I moved away from Atlanta, but Gwinnett and Cobb I thought were very solidly red, it was very nice to see that shift.

Yeah, I put the Cobb numbers up above. Bill Clinton lost it by 20 in back to back elections he won. Hillary narrowly won it last election and Biden dominated this one.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Well, at least he is consistent in both his business and legal success rate.

It's amazing how somebody who is so thoroughly incompetent can bumble his way into being elected president of the greatest democracy on the planet. Or at least the former greatest democracy.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #35
JPhillips
General Manager

This is whatever lies beyond insane.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:54 PM   #36
QuikSand
lolzcat

re-posting here, i can't sort out the thread spaghetti now

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #37
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Don't say that, Ben will combine every thread into one!
Old 11-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #38
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That would actually be pretty entertaining. Have all Off Topic condensed into one thread discussing religion, politics, sports, the weather, streaming services, COVID, anything and everything in between.

Good recipe for moderators going insane I'd say.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #39
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It's amazing how somebody who is so thoroughly incompetent can bumble his way into being elected president of the greatest democracy on the planet. Or at least the former greatest democracy.

The new gold standard of The Peter Principle
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #40
Ksyrup

This kinda says it all.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #41
GrantDawg

Ruling came down in Arizona on one of the cases, and not only did they rule against the GOP but they said the SOS office can file to recoup legal fees from the GOP. They only allow that when the judge finds the case meritless and only meant to harrass and delay.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-19-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #42
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This kinda says it all.

Supporting Trump will have zero negative consequences.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #43
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump's lawyers make it clear the election should be overturned.

Old 11-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #44
GrantDawg

Georgia Judge (Trump appointment) threw out the case in Georgia because of lack of standing.

Old 11-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #45
GrantDawg

He also said "there is no constitutional right to monitor." He is slamming them.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:48 PM   #46
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://www.ajc.com/politics/breakin...utputType=wrap

The manual recount in Georgia confirms that Biden won.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2020, 06:58 PM   #47
GrantDawg

It is fun to watch Trump lose again.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:14 PM   #48
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/polit...lts/index.html

that's what I'm talkin' about!

Ginally a republican that stands up to trump and pets bs
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:15 PM   #49
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It is fun to watch Trump lose again.

i never thought of it that way but I AM getting tired of this and I expect Trump and his pets to call the guy tomorrow to threaten him.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 08:58 PM   #50
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
i never thought of it that way but I AM getting tired of this and I expect Trump and his pets to call the guy tomorrow to threaten him.

You haven't seen? He's already gotten numerous death threats. Not from trump directly, but certainly wouldn't be getting them if he wasn't there.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote