Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2020, 11:50 AM   #31001
Comey
College Starter

I found this. Unsure how a vote would go to rejoin, needing 2/3 to get there.

The US is Out of the Open Skies Treaty. What’s Next? - Air Force Magazine

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #31002
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post

Quote:
A spokesperson for the 55th Wing at Offutt Air Force Base, Neb., which manages the aircraft and the 45th Reconnaissance Squadron, referred questions to the Office of the Secretary of Defense. An OSD spokesperson referred questions to U.S. Strategic Command at Offutt. A STRATCOM spokesperson referred questions to the State Department, which in turn directed queries back to the Pentagon. The Air Force declined to comment on the record.

Well, at least we have a clear explanation!
Old 11-24-2020, 12:07 PM   #31003
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Well, at least we have a clear explanation!

Military Efficiency!
Old 11-24-2020, 12:14 PM   #31004
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post

I do think there are Republicans that would be for returning to the treaty, but even if not:
Pifer also suggested the U.S. could pursue an executive agreement to rejoin the treaty that could earn the votes of simple majorities in the House and Senate, and the approval of the other 33 Open Skies signatories.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:38 PM   #31005
miami_fan
Coordinator

I would prefer the media tell me who the President is not going to pardon. I suspect the list will be shorter.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:19 PM   #31006
kingfc22
Head Coach

Seriously.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #31007
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump loses again in PA, this time with the US Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit who rules against him 3-0 with a Trump appointee writing the decision:

Court Rejects Trump Attempt To Overturn Pennsylvania Result
Old 11-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #31008
GrantDawg

If you really want to get conspiracy theory/tin foil hat... What if they are purposely puting through the weakest of lawsuits all the whilr making huge fraud claims in public forums to purposely further destroy the creditability of the courts in their cult members eye? Trump already has destroyed congress as a check in power, next up has to be the judicial system right? He tried to stack the courts, but has still run into those pesky judges that want to do their jobs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-27-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:47 PM   #31009
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The crazy thing is, in many of these lawsuits they aren't even alleging fraud! The appeal of the PA lawsuit that just got denied had no fraud allegations. I mean, if you just get that piece of information in front of his people, what is the explanation for that?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:47 PM   #31010
Edward64
Head Coach

Assume Israel did this with tacit approval/support from the US.

I guess this may delay their nuclear ambitions by 1-2 years (if that long) and/or this was to pick a fight to give Trump and Netanyahu an excuse.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/middl...ntl/index.html
Quote:
Iran's top nuclear scientist was killed Friday in an alleged assassination that the country's foreign minister linked to Israel.

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, considered one of the masterminds of Iran's controversial nuclear program, died after his car was apparently ambushed in a district east of Tehran. Photos from the scene showed the shattered windshield of a car, and blood on the road.

Iranian state media said the killing appeared to be an assassination. Iran's Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami was quoted by Iran's semi-official news agency ISNA as saying Fakhrizadeh was targeted by gunfire and a Nissan vehicle explosion, before a firefight ensued.

Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif called the death "cowardice -- with serious indications of Israeli role."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office declined to comment to CNN.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #31011
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Assume Israel did this with tacit approval/support from the US.

The assassination of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh (peace be upon him) is an unfortunate setback to Iran's nuclear weapons program, but I have confidence that the incoming administration can get them back on track, and perhaps offer more financial aid to their efforts.

Iranian nuclear program head Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated

Quote:
"In the last days of the political life of their ally (US President Donald Trump), the Zionists (Israel) seek to intensify pressure on Iran and create a full-blown war," commander Hossein Dehghan tweeted.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:53 AM   #31012
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hold him close, that Tiny Desker
Count the tantrums and the deuces
Lay him down to take his nap now
He's had a busy day today
#diaperdon
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:07 AM   #31013
whomario
Pro Starter

Operation scorched Earth seems to be going much better than the law suits and is hardly even making waves. Cleverly done.

Biden will be busy doing nothing but putting out fires and rolling back shit. Doing it just on environmental stuff would be a fulltime job in itself ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #31014
Edward64
Head Coach

I wonder which staffer(s) made the call on the smaller desk.

I read somewhere it was normal to do a smaller desk when there was a bunch of people crowding around a seated Trump but even then I can't believe a small desk like that was used. Regardless, some one messed up.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #31015
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I wonder which staffer(s) made the call on the smaller desk.

I read somewhere it was normal to do a smaller desk when there was a bunch of people crowding around a seated Trump but even then I can't believe a small desk like that was used. Regardless, some one messed up.

or knew exactly what they were doing
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #31016
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
The assassination of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh (peace be upon him) is an unfortunate setback to Iran's nuclear weapons program, but I have confidence that the incoming administration can get them back on track, and perhaps offer more financial aid to their efforts.

Iranian nuclear program head Mohsen Fakhrizadeh assassinated

I seriously bet Trump and friends had something to do with it
Old 11-28-2020, 04:59 PM   #31017
cuervo72
Head Coach

Judging by the rest of the comment I'm going to assume VV is ok with that.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:27 PM   #31018
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I've never quite understood the conservative stance on that particular 'scandal'. Trump withdrew from that treaty, didn't enact any other restrictions AND let Iran keep every single bit of their money, but Obama was the bad guy?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-28-2020 at 05:29 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #31019
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I seriously bet Trump and friends had something to do with it
I don't. Not even sure Netanyahu called it, and not 100% sure it's the Israeli's & not some other agenda, but whoever did it definitely knew that this was a perfect time where they could pursue their agenda & will get almost no blowback (or coverage past Monday).
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 06:57 PM   #31020
JPhillips
General Manager

A little convenient that it happened shortly after Pompeo met with Bibi and MBS.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:44 PM   #31021
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I don't. Not even sure Netanyahu called it, and not 100% sure it's the Israeli's & not some other agenda, but whoever did it definitely knew that this was a perfect time where they could pursue their agenda & will get almost no blowback (or coverage past Monday).

and they know that with trump, they'll get the tacit approval, where they won't with Biden. It's about playing to their strengths here.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:09 PM   #31022
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

that's an interesting take too and I would indeed believfe that as a possibility. EIther is possible. I mean the reps have been trying to force a war with iran for awhile and babydesk ordering some loyalists to make a kill is certainly something he would do. But sure doesn't mean he did.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:16 AM   #31023
Edward64
Head Coach

More details from the DailyMail. If true, quite a hit job.

Assassination of Iran's top nuclear scientist 'involved 62 people including 12 gunmen' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
As Iran puts executed nuclear chief's body on display, how he was taken out: Power to the entire region was cut as gun and bomb attack blasted convoy before he was dragged from car and finished off... then the 12 assassins melted away

Remarkable detail of the plot to kill an Iranian nuclear scientist emerged on Saturday, a day after the assassination of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh reverberated around the world.

Sixty two people were involved in the scheme, according to Mohamad Ahwaze, an Iranian journalist who exposed the extent of the COVID-19 pandemic in his country.

Ahwaze said he had obtained leaked Iranian information.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #31024
AlexB
Pro Starter

The Daily Mail is not what I consider a reliable source. They may be spot on, but until I see it elsewhere, I’d err on the side of scepticism
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #31025
Galaril
Pro Starter

So I know I am “preaching to the choir”except for the right wingers oh and “libertarians” here but this assassination is so risky. Now Iran will absolutely retaliate and that could depending on how tied they are of these hit jobs could cause a war with Iran and Israel which would pull us ultimately into it. We eventually get into a shooting war someday with Iran and do not see that ending in a victory for us. Just another unstable Iraq mess at best and Jerusalem being wiped off the earth along with Tehran.SMH.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-29-2020 at 09:32 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #31026
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't see how it's inherently more risky than the other available options. There are no non-risky options with Iran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy
I've never quite understood the conservative stance on that particular 'scandal'. Trump withdrew from that treaty, didn't enact any other restrictions AND let Iran keep every single bit of their money, but Obama was the bad guy?

For entering the deal in the first place. Conservatives generally wanted no-restrictions inspections with a proven bad actor like Iran, or else no deal.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-29-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #31027
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
For entering the deal in the first place. Conservatives generally wanted no-restrictions inspections with a proven bad actor like Iran, or else no deal.

I think that would be a valid complaint if there were any kind of inspections taking place either before that deal was made or after it was broken.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:06 AM   #31028
Edward64
Head Coach

I remember reading about the blockade but didn't realize it was still on. The US has a base and has been selling weapons to Qatar. Seems like we are playing both sides here (surprise).

Quote:
White House senior adviser Jared Kushner and his team will travel to Saudi Arabia and Qatar this week for talks aimed at resolving the dispute between the neighbouring Gulf countries, according to media reports in the United States.
:
:
Kushner is eager to persuade the Saudi and Qatari leaders to reconcile and reach an agreement on a number of issues, Axios reported, citing US officials.

Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and Egypt cut diplomatic ties and imposed a land, sea and air blockade on Qatar in 2017, accusing Doha of “supporting terrorism” and issuing a list of 13 demands.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-30-2020 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:52 AM   #31029
Edward64
Head Coach

And now, we know the rest of the story ...

https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giulia...t-back-1551034
Quote:
After photos of Giuliani at the news conference circulated online, a number of commentators took to social media to discuss the drip, with many speculating that the incident was caused by a bad hair dye job. However, several Manhattan hairdressers told The New York Times that the substance on Giuliani's face was probably not caused by a hair dye job gone wrong.
:
:
"Hair dye doesn't drip like that, unless it's just been applied," Men's Lounge Barbershop's David Kholdorov said.

Mirko Vergani, the creative color director at the Drawing Room, told the Times that Giuliani's dark face drip appeared to be makeup or a touch-up pen that was used to blend in his side burns. "Sideburns are more gray than the rest of the head," he said. "You can apply mascara to touch the gray side up a bit so it looks more natural."
Old 11-30-2020, 01:38 PM   #31030
GrantDawg

Quote:
And now, we know the rest of the story ...

https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giulia...t-back-1551034
Finally, I can sleep at night.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:47 PM   #31031
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I think there's a significant part of the Trump voting block that would never vote for a woman for President, but maybe I'm wrong
SI

Not necessarily. I can think of two off the top of my head, Nikki Haley and Dr. Condoleezza Rice. Maybe not enthusiastically, but they would certainly vote for them against the Democrat nominee.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #31032
JPhillips
General Manager

Haley might win the primary, but I can't see Rice winning.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:58 PM   #31033
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Haley might win the primary, but I can't see Rice winning.

You could be right. Her past comments could come back to haunt her, calling Joe Biden "a true patriot" and praising Obama's selection of Hillary Clinton to be Secretary of State. I, for one, think Dr. Rice would be an outstanding candidate for president, but it will probably never come to fruition.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #31034
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Could see Kristin Noem getting a lot of support as well
Old 11-30-2020, 02:44 PM   #31035
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
Could see Kristin Noem getting a lot of support as well

I don't see it. She's a slightly more refined version of Sarah Palin, and although she would appeal to some of the lunatic fringe, I don't think she could win enough republican support to get the nomination.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:16 PM   #31036
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not necessarily. I can think of two off the top of my head, Nikki Haley and Dr. Condoleezza Rice. Maybe not enthusiastically, but they would certainly vote for them against the Democrat nominee.

I doubt they'd get through the nomination, but who knows

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-30-2020 at 03:17 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:48 PM   #31037
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
You could be right. Her past comments could come back to haunt her, calling Joe Biden "a true patriot" and praising Obama's selection of Hillary Clinton to be Secretary of State. I, for one, think Dr. Rice would be an outstanding candidate for president, but it will probably never come to fruition.

Do past comments even matter with Republicans anymore? Trump was a Democrat up till Obama took office. The guy was posting about Kristen Stewart and Vanity Fair a few years before he ran for President. He had joked about his daughter having an abortion, cheated on his wife who was home nursing a newborn, and a slew of other things that would normally be disqualifying.

I think the winner will be whoever Trump endorses. Could be anyone from Haley to Barron, who knows? I think he'll enjoy playing Kingmaker and having the Republican establishment fawn over him for 4 more years.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #31038
GrantDawg

I think Haley and Graham sold their soul for the endorsement, and the only name he is going to endorse is Trump.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2020, 07:46 PM   #31039
cuervo72
Head Coach

Agreed. Again, this is all a family business to him. Trump Org and now politics. What does he care about Haley, Graham, or anyone else? What can they do to benefit him? Family, though...
Old 11-30-2020, 08:59 PM   #31040
Edward64
Head Coach

Curious time for him to resign. Maybe he thinks this would be best chance to rehabilitate his reputation (e.g. I'm resigning because I never really agreed with Trump's policies etc.) vs waiting till the very end.

No big loss.

Quote:
Dr. Scott Atlas, a highly controversial member of the White House's coronavirus task force, has resigned from his post in the Trump administration.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:43 AM   #31041
GrantDawg

Quote:
Curious time for him to resign. Maybe he thinks this would be best chance to rehabilitate his reputation (e.g. I'm resigning because I never really agreed with Trump's policies etc.) vs waiting till the very end.

No big loss.
He will double down and cash in. There are millions of Trumpsters to fleece.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:35 AM   #31042
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Krebs seems like the kind of guy who doesn't take shit and it sounds like he is going to go after people making comments like this. I hope they throw this guy in jail and at the very least disbar him.

Trump campaign lawyer says former cybersecurity chief should be 'shot' - POLITICO
Old 12-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #31043
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Krebs seems like the kind of guy who doesn't take shit and it sounds like he is going to go after people making comments like this. I hope they throw this guy in jail and at the very least disbar him.

Trump campaign lawyer says former cybersecurity chief should be 'shot' - POLITICO

I have met Krebs a few times at various Cyber security leadership events and have a few close friends who also are close to him and no he definitely is not going to take that shit lying down from what I know about him.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:46 AM   #31044
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I have met Krebs a few times at various Cyber security leadership events and have a few close friends who also are close to him and no he definitely is not going to take that shit lying down from what I know about him.

good to hear, need more like him. Guy is a god damn hero in my opinion.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #31045
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

I didn't know who Christopher Krebs was but the first time I saw his name, I confused him with Brian Krebs who has a cybersecurity blog "Krebs on Security" that I've read quite a few times

Trump Fires Security Chief Christopher Krebs — Krebs on Security

Quote:
President Trump on Tuesday fired his top election security official Christopher Krebs (no relation). The dismissal came via Twitter two weeks to the day after Trump lost an election he baselessly claims was stolen by widespread voting fraud.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #31046
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bill Barr admits to the AP that the Justice Dept has not found any instances of widespread voter fraud that could have changed the outcome of the election. Guess Trump will fire him now...
Old 12-01-2020, 02:51 PM   #31047
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Bill Barr admits to the AP that the Justice Dept has not found any instances of widespread voter fraud that could have changed the outcome of the election. Guess Trump will fire him now...

So do you agree with everything else he's done and then agree that he's a truth-teller bent on fundamental ethics OR do you disagree with everything before and now disagree with his being a truth-teller now?

Can't wait to see the evangelists twist themselves into a pretzel on this one...

Perhaps they don't know, since they're now on Parler.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:03 AM   #31048
wustin
College Prospect

it's because barr works for the deep state of course
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:06 AM   #31049
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Someone had the perfect tweet about Barr - he was comfortable covering up other people's crimes but not comfortable committing his own.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #31050
GrantDawg

Barr also appointed John Duram as a special prosecuter for the Russian investigation. People are saying Trump is furious that it means they will not be releasing the Durham report before he leaves office, but it is really a big middle-finger to the Biden administration. Now, either Biden fires him and makes it look like Biden is covering up something, or he has this rouge free agent constantly trying to dig up dirt. Barr is a much better political operative than most people give him credit for.