Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2021, 02:29 PM   #1
Donnerna
n00b

The greatest player of all time

I'm using the 1983 start date that you can find on this forum in another thread (don't have the link handy). I've used it many times, and the Steelers Kicker is usually very good in 1983, somewhere in the 70s-80s range.

But in this particular playthrough, I noticed he was a 99 on my roster. Unfortunately, I didn't think to screenshot it before I advanced into the preseason and he dropped to being "only" a 92. But when I clicked the rating to see if it would show 99 in the history, I discovered that the league-wide scout actually rated him as a solid 100/100 before training camp.

Best part is I've got him locked in for five years for dirt cheap!

I've got a screenshot of the 100/100 if anyone cares to actually see it -- let me know, otherwise I won't go through the hassle of uploading it. Ha. But I was just surprised to finally see a 100/100 after years of playing since FOF6. Anyone else ever seen a 100/100 player?

Donnerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:38 PM   #2
Joshua1207
n00b

I've been playing the game for a few years now (played about 50 seasons worth of FOF7 with a friend and a decade or two of seasons on FOF8) and don't think I've ever seen anyone close to a 100. The highest I've seen was a 92 Punter. Not sure if I've seen a non K/P be a 90+, actually but that's cool to see that 100s can exist.
Joshua1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
LondonSmith
n00b

Every now and then I'm able to nab a 34 D-lineman in the 90s. I'm not sure I've had anything else other than kicker/punter that high before.
LondonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
MIJB#19
Coordinator

In 17 years and 92 seasons of multiplayer action in the IHOF, the best I had was a 95 rated guard (crappy league scouts had him peak at 93): Ricky Castillo. That guy carried the running game. I even once made a cartoon specific for this player, depicting him carrying our RB in a backpack. When I let my cap situation blow up in my face, it was a tough decision to trade him to the biggest rival in the league back then. This is probably the one player that didn't get into the league HOF that I feel deserved it most.

The best player I ever drafted is a guy I traded away as a rookie, monster RT Douglas Grosz. He has quickly turned into the best OL player in league history, he's entering his 6th season. Currently rated a 93 by the league scout, he could be even better than that.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
Dawgfan19
High School JV

There is a team in the USFL with a 96 rated CB, Malcolm Slavin. All of his coverage bars and RD are maxed at 100. The interesting observation is that he has not played that well with a PDPct less than 80%. He is short at 5' 9". And his salary is hefty as you would expect.

You can often get better production from a system player at a fraction of the cost. Pretty red bars are not always a good thing.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote