Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who will take the White House?
Obama 151 68.95%
McCain 63 28.77%
Surprise? (Maybe Mr. Trout?) 5 2.28%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #201
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
WTF?? This latino just loves to be stereotyped. Shame I voted for Obama. Maybe I should haven consulted with you first.

Oh, come on Axxon, be fair. There are African-Americans that will vote for McCain, but 90% would have voted for any Democrat and it's quite possible we'll see 94% or more vote Obama (with most likely record turn-out as well). Anytime your talk elections, you talk in blocks, and any block that a canidate has a sure 50%+ in, we say "we know this group will go for x." It is not sterotyping. It is demographics. I definitely vote against my demographic, but I'm not offended if someone groups me in with a voting block.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #202
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Latinos love the Clintons and generally aren't fans of other minority groups "getting ahead". Nevermind, though....Obama will still take California easily.

I think this is a pretty dimwitted view. People like people that they feel understand their experience and make them feel like they're not invisible.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #203
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Oh, come on Axxon, be fair. There are African-Americans that will vote for McCain, but 90% would have voted for any Democrat and it's quite possible we'll see 94% or more vote Obama (with most likely record turn-out as well). Anytime your talk elections, you talk in blocks, and any block that a canidate has a sure 50%+ in, we say "we know this group will go for x." It is not sterotyping. It is demographics. I definitely vote against my demographic, but I'm not offended if someone groups me in with a voting block.

Right, same for Catholics, Jews, 'white working class voters', etc.

It's just the way things are these days.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #204
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

The quote I replied to specifically said that the latinos "generally aren't fans of other minority groups "getting ahead". Now, I'm no racial crusader but that quote is seriously fucked up.

It's one thing to talk about voting blocks; it's another thing all together to say racist things about them.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #205
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Latinos love the Clintons and generally aren't fans of other minority groups "getting ahead". Nevermind, though....Obama will still take California easily.

This is a pretty dimwitted statement.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #206
molson
General Manager

It really isn't practical to analyze voting trends by considering each individual voter in the United States. Race, Gender, and Class are meaningful groupings that do tell us things.

Maybe it could have been put more diplomatically, but Hispanics may or may not for blacks on the whole, I really don't know the numbers. We don't seem to have a problem saying that poor southern whites won't vote for blacks.

Last edited by molson : 06-08-2008 at 03:53 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #207
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It really isn't practical to analyze voting trends by considering each individual voter in the United States. Race, Gender, and Class are meaningful groupings that do tell us things.

Maybe it could have been put more diplomatically, but Hispanics may or may not for blacks on the whole, I really don't know the numbers. We don't seem to have a problem saying that poor southern whites won't vote for blacks.

Well, if you want to get technical latino is far too diverse a term to have meaning anyway. I'm Cuban and Cubans tend to vote republican, mainly because republicans make sure that when we can't possibly enter the country illegally like other latinos; a disparity that I'm all for changing BTW but I'll leave the hows as an exercise for the reader.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #208
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Dola, to add to my previous post saying poor southern whites is way different than saying whites won't vote for blacks the latter of which is equivalent to saying latinos won't vote for blacks.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #209
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Well, if you want to get technical latino is far too diverse a term to have meaning anyway. I'm Cuban and Cubans tend to vote republican, mainly because republicans make sure that when we can't possibly enter the country illegally like other latinos; a disparity that I'm all for changing BTW but I'll leave the hows as an exercise for the reader.

Right. Hispanics/Latinos is an illegitimate moniker compared to the other groups, because California Latinos vote differently than ones in Texas than ones on the east coast.

Because we're talking about nationalities lumped into one overarching group that doesn't really account for anything other than the same language that they speak and even then...
Old 06-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #210
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Dola, to add to my previous post saying poor southern whites is way different than saying whites won't vote for blacks the latter of which is equivalent to saying latinos won't vote for blacks.

Fair enough, I agree.

I think your response is far more productive than the "you're a racist!" stuff, which conditions people to hide from race as a factor in elections or everyday life.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #211
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Right. Hispanics/Latinos is an illegitimate moniker compared to the other groups, because California Latinos vote differently than ones in Texas than ones on the east coast.

Because we're talking about nationalities lumped into one overarching group that doesn't really account for anything other than the same language that they speak and even then...

Hey, every body has different issues and people tend to vote their issues.

As for the language, tell me about it.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #212
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Fair enough, I agree.

I think your response is far more productive than the "you're a racist!" stuff, which conditions people to hide from race as a factor in elections or everyday life.

Fair enough but I do consider the statement that latinos generally don't want to see other minorities get ahead incorrect, stupid and inflammatory.

Hey, we became the fastest growing minority through copious breeding and open borders, not by keeping other minorities down.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #213
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

It looks like Obama got roughly a 5-point bounce after Clinton's concession.

Edit: And there's a whole crapload of new polling data from NBC/WSJ (including breakdowns) here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25096620/

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 06-12-2008 at 12:18 PM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #214
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Latinos love the Clintons and generally aren't fans of other minority groups "getting ahead".

Post-concession, Obama's Latino support is strong, according to both Gallup & NBC/WSJ.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #215
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm looking forward to this, wish Obama was going to be there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCain Campaign
Please tune into The Fox News Channel tonight at 7PM EDT to watch the first 2008 Presidential Town Hall, broadcast from Federal Hall in New York City. This historic location is where President George Washington first took the oath of office. Tonight it will play host to John McCain while he answers questions from real voters about important issues including the economy, energy prices and the war.

Last week, John McCain invited Senator Obama to participate tonight, hoping to start what would be a series of ten town hall meetings where both candidates would travel the country to answer questions from real voters. Senator Obama has yet to agree to meet us in these town halls. These town halls would revolutionize our political process and start a real change in the tone of politics. John McCain believes in this effort and is putting it into action.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #216
JPhillips
General Manager

Obama wants a slightly different format, but in principle has agreed to a series of Lincoln-Douglas style debates. There's no way the negotiations for the debates could be ready by now and even if Obama had agreed I'm sure the caveats from the McCain camp would have stalled the effort. There's also the whole problem with single network coverage that Obama and McCain both borught up with ABCs debate proposal. Debates take quite a while to put together when both sides want to gain maximum advantage.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #217
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I find this somewhat interesting. Guess it could be interpreted different ways.

Quote:
A new Wall Street Journal-NBC poll puts Obama’s lead at 6, which is double his previous lead. However, it’s much smaller than the Democrats’ 16-point lead when voters are asked – without candidates’ names – which party they want to win the White House.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #218
JPhillips
General Manager

There's also this info from the 2004 election. The WSJ poll never showed a Kerry lead among registered voters.

March (Mar.6-8): Bush 46%, Kerry 43%, Nader 5%
May (May 1-3): Bush 46%, Kerry 42%, Nader 5%
June (June 25-28): Bush 45%, Kerry 44%, Nader 4%
July (July 19-21): Bush 47%, Kerry 45%, Nader 2%
August (Aug.23-25): Bush 47%, Kerry 45%, Nader 3%
September (Sept.17-19): Bush 48%, Kerry 45%, Nader 2%
Mid October (Oct.16-18): Bush 48%, Kerry 46%, Nader 2%
Late October (Oct.29-31): Bush 48%, Kerry 47%, Nader 1%
Old 06-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #219
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I was reading Obama's speech today and he mentioned his two daughters. I actually did not know he had two daughters. They must have done a great job of keeping them out of the limelight.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #220
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I was reading Obama's speech today and he mentioned his two daughters. I actually did not know he had two daughters. They must have done a great job of keeping them out of the limelight.

They are really young, not even teenagers yet. They've been on stage at big election day events a few times, but they seem clearly opposed to carting them around for political gain and the girls don't seem to be really inclined to enjoy it at all. Not that I blame them...
Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #221
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Obama's campaign today hired Patty Solis Doyle, the former campaign manager for Clinton who got fired earlier in the year....they hired her to be the chief of staff for the VP nominee they pick.

One Clinton confidante said that the hire was a "big fuck you" to Hillary. So unless they want to fire her twice, Hillary isn't gonna be the VP for sure now.

Al Gore is endorsing Obama now, mostly to steal some cable news cycle time.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #222
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Al Gore is endorsing Obama now, mostly to steal some cable news cycle time.

This is huge.

I can't understand why MSNBC was the only network to carry Gore's endorsement of the Democratic party nominee after he had already clinched the nomination.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #223
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
This is huge.

I can't understand why MSNBC was the only network to carry Gore's endorsement of the Democratic party nominee after he had already clinched the nomination.

Just about every cable news station I checked was carrying Gore's speech.

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 06-16-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #224
Swaggs
Coordinator

I actually think getting endorsements from more established politicians like Gore are fairly important for Obama, as there are a lot of people that are still unfamiliar and/or up-in-the-air with him.

Having "trusted" democrats like both Clintons (although I haven't seen a formal announcement from Bill yet, but I think it will come and be helpful), Gore, Carter, Kennedy and, to a lesser extent, Kerry and Edwards, will be important and give him a little more credibility.

McCain needs that less because he has been accounted for as a senator for 20+ years and well known as a national figure since he ran against Bush in 2000. Probably a good thing, as the Republicans don't really have much star power, at the national level, right now. I guess George H.W. Bush and maybe Schwartznegger (sp?) and Condi Rice would give McCain a little push.

Colin Powell would be huge, but from his latest quotes, he sounds like he may lean towards Obama as much as McCain.

Last edited by Swaggs : 06-16-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #225
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
This is huge.

CNN carried it, too.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #226
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
CNN carried it, too.

Ok, but aside from almost every cable news station and CNN, I can't understand why MSNBC was the only network to carry Gore's endorsement of the Democratic party nominee after he had already clinched the nomination.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #227
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Ok, but aside from almost every cable news station and CNN, I can't understand why MSNBC was the only network to carry Gore's endorsement of the Democratic party nominee after he had already clinched the nomination.

I saw CNN and Fox, and they had a split screen with Gore (no audio) while their talk show hosts continued to talk. MSNBC was the only network I saw that actually broadcast Gore's speech live.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #228
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Obama wants a slightly different format, but in principle has agreed to a series of Lincoln-Douglas style debates. There's no way the negotiations for the debates could be ready by now and even if Obama had agreed I'm sure the caveats from the McCain camp would have stalled the effort. There's also the whole problem with single network coverage that Obama and McCain both borught up with ABCs debate proposal. Debates take quite a while to put together when both sides want to gain maximum advantage.

Each side wants a debate format to maximize their advantages and their opponents weaknesses. McCain would seem to do better in the Town Hall format, while Obama would seem to do better in the Lincoln-Douglas style. Also, even though both politicians seem at least open to the idea of bringing Democracy to the people, the campaigns are run by "take no chances" career political operatives. So I imagine that for all of the talk of dozens of town halls and Lincoln-Douglas style debates, we will end up with the typical 3 debates moderated by the news media. Maybe they will add a little twist such as having some questions come from YouTube or something. But any hope that we had of an actual break from the sound-bite mode of debates seems dead in the water.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-17-2008 at 09:10 AM.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #229
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Not really news but Jay Paterno is a huge Obama supporter, which is kind of funny because his father is such a big time republican supporter.

Jay is even blogging for Obama. He should spend more time breaking down film than doing this stuff.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/commu...log/jaypaterno
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #230
Jas_lov
College Starter

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x2882.xml?ReleaseID=1187

The latest Quinnipac poll shows Obama up in the 3 big swing states. Obama is +12 in PA, +6 in Ohio, and +4 in Florida.

President Bush's approval ratings in these states are worse than the national average of 30%.

In the two biggest issues, the war and the economy, Obama has huge leads.

The Economy
Florida: Obama 55-36
Ohio: Obama 55-37
Pennsylvania: Obama 56-37

The War in Iraq
Florida: Obama 61-32
Ohio: Obama 48-40
Pennsylvania: Obama 59-30

Is Pennsylvania much of a swing state anymore or is it probably going blue? Is there anything McCain can do to sway the public in his favor on those two biggest issues?
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #231
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x2882.xml?ReleaseID=1187

The latest Quinnipac poll shows Obama up in the 3 big swing states. Obama is +12 in PA, +6 in Ohio, and +4 in Florida.

President Bush's approval ratings in these states are worse than the national average of 30%.

In the two biggest issues, the war and the economy, Obama has huge leads.

The Economy
Florida: Obama 55-36
Ohio: Obama 55-37
Pennsylvania: Obama 56-37

The War in Iraq
Florida: Obama 61-32
Ohio: Obama 48-40
Pennsylvania: Obama 59-30

Is Pennsylvania much of a swing state anymore or is it probably going blue? Is there anything McCain can do to sway the public in his favor on those two biggest issues?

Pennsylvania is pretty much a blue state at this point. If Hilary was the candidate, then McCain probably wouldn't ever go there. With Obama, I think the GOP is keeping an eye on it, but will probably abandon it to try and take FL and OH.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #232
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

As an Obama supporter, I am cautiously optimistic, but there are also 4+ months to go.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #233
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
As an Obama supporter, I am cautiously optimistic, but there are also 4+ months to go.

Me too. I'm really wondering though when McCain is going to really kick up his campaign. Surely he hasn't really started yet because if he has, that doesn't bode well for him. It's like he's stuck in neutral like he was at the beginning of the primaries.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #234
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Me too. I'm really wondering though when McCain is going to really kick up his campaign. Surely he hasn't really started yet because if he has, that doesn't bode well for him. It's like he's stuck in neutral like he was at the beginning of the primaries.

Are you kidding? McCain's campaign has to be delighted to only be down by 4 points right now, considering his party has an incumbent president with an approval rating of 20. Obama should be up by 15 or 20 points right now, and if he doesn't have at least a double digit lead at the Democratic convention, he's going to be in big trouble in the general election.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #235
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you kidding? McCain's campaign has to be delighted to only be down by 4 points right now, considering his party has an incumbent president with an approval rating of 20. Obama should be up by 15 or 20 points right now, and if he doesn't have at least a double digit lead at the Democratic convention, he's going to be in big trouble in the general election.

No, I'm not kidding. If he's planning to wait for the convention, the way the polls are trending, he's going to be down by double digits. That's what I'm saying. He's letting people move to Obama and I just don't see how he's planning to get them back once he's lost them. He needs to start staunching the bleeding.

I also disagree about Obama needing double digits at that point. It's the exact same arguments the losing side always uses in cases like these. Exact same argument at the midterms. How did that one turn out?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #236
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
No, I'm not kidding. If he's planning to wait for the convention, the way the polls are trending, he's going to be down by double digits.

I don't quite follow you. The head to head polling between Obama and McCain has been remarkably flat for over a year now. Obama's biggest lead was in June 2007, when he was up by 7 points. He should have gotten a 6 or 7 point bump when Clinton withdrew from the race and endorsed him, but the bump was almost non-existant.

Obama vs. McCain Poll Trend
Old 06-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #237
chesapeake
College Starter

It is w-a-y too early to count anyone in or out based on current polls. That said, I'd rather be Obama than McCain at this immediate point in time.

Be aware, though, that the GOP's 527 organizations -- political advocacy organizations that essentially can accept unlimited donations from individuals without disclosure -- have not yet kicked in. John Kerry was brutalized by some of those (Swift Boat Veterans for Truth for one).

And based on some of the overtly racist ads that were sponsored by the TN Republican Party in the 06 Senate race (Corker v Ford), I suspect that you will see some incredibly offensive stuff out there before this election is done. That will be tough for Obama to get through

Certainly, the Dems have 527s and will aggressively go after McCain's record, participation in the Keating scandal, and I suspect that former staffers/Administration officials that he has thrown books at (literally) may bring up his crazy temper. But I think Obama will have a lot tougher time of it.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 AM   #238
Axxon
Pro Starter

The racist buttons have already started this season.

Quote:
Stick a Pin in It
1:25 PM Sat, Jun 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Christy Hoppe E-mail News tips

While a number of speakers -- such as Railroad Commission chairman Michael Williams and Mike Huckabee -- have praised the advance of Barack Obama and what it means towards a colorblind society, at least one vendor hasn't gotten the message.

At the Republican state convention, a booth hosted by Republicanmarket was selling a pin Saturday that says: If Obama is President will we still call it the White House.

There were other pins that weren't necessarily conveying the positive, inclusive, united front that has been portrayed during the convention. One said, "Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Deportation" and another, "I will hold my nose when I vote for McCain"

hxxp://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/06/stick-a-pin-in-it.html
Old 06-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #239
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I read that the Obama team has hired Stephanie whatshername to be the Chief of Staff for Michelle. If you recalled the post-election writeup from Kerry's embeded reporter, Stephanie was widely criticized as the assistant Communications Director, esp. after the Grand Canyon debacle. One would hope that she has grown up since then in order to serve Michelle.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #240
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Is anybody else anxious to see the fireworks that will result from Michelle? She seems rather less polished than her husband and more willing to be racially controversial.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #241
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I read that the Obama team has hired Stephanie whatshername to be the Chief of Staff for Michelle. If you recalled the post-election writeup from Kerry's embeded reporter, Stephanie was widely criticized as the assistant Communications Director, esp. after the Grand Canyon debacle. One would hope that she has grown up since then in order to serve Michelle.

The weird thing about politics is that the same behind the scenes people keep working for the candidates, win or lose. It seems that once you get connected enough to rise to that level, you end up getting to do it every four years until you get tired of it, notwithstanding your results.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #242
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Is anybody else anxious to see the fireworks that will result from Michelle? She seems rather less polished than her husband and more willing to be racially controversial.

She really seems competitive. I get the impression from her that she's very strong-willed and could say something to ruin her husband's chances. They need to keep the focus on him.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #243
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post

Food for thought:

After Attacks, Michelle Obama Looks for a New Introduction

I think she'll be attacked just as much as Theresa Heinz Kerry was attacked in 2004. However, this time I think Cindy McCain will get plenty of attacks on her as well, after all she has plenty of skeletons in her closet.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #244
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
I heard she called caucasians "whitey". Apparently the tape will come out any time now, but until then it will be assumed to be true.

I don't know if this is snark, but this has been debunked.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #245
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Food for thought:

After Attacks, Michelle Obama Looks for a New Introduction

I think she'll be attacked just as much as Theresa Heinz Kerry was attacked in 2004. However, this time I think Cindy McCain will get plenty of attacks on her as well, after all she has plenty of skeletons in her closet.

Some weak journalism in there...........

Quote:
Fox News called her “Obama’s baby mama,” a derogatory term for an unwed mother. Christopher Hitchens, a Slate columnist, claimed — with scant evidence — that her college thesis proved she was once influenced by black separatism. National Review presented her as a scowling “Mrs. Grievance.”

It's fine if they want to include that in the article, but cite the actual person making the comment and the context of the comment in the article/report. Fox News and National Review didn't make those statements, but rather someone on their staff made an editorial comment using those terms. It doesn't make the comments right or wrong, but incompletely quoting the comments is nearly as bad and gives further fuel to the NY Times political leanings.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #246
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Some weak journalism in there...........

It's fine if they want to include that in the article, but cite the actual person making the comment and the context of the comment in the article/report. Fox News and National Review didn't make those statements, but rather someone on their staff made an editorial comment using those terms. It doesn't make the comments right or wrong, but incompletely quoting the comments is nearly as bad and gives further fuel to the NY Times political leanings.

Fantastic.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:53 AM   #247
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

When it comes out that Michelle stole drugs from her medical charity things will really hit the fan.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #248
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This thread is unplayable.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #249
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Fantastic.

So I assume you believe them to be unbias in their reporting overall?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 AM   #250
JPhillips
General Manager

Look again. The secret is in the post.