Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Fall 2009-10 television schedules

This is what ABC has announced so far.

ABC announces fall schedule, 'Ugly Betty' moves to Fridays | Showbiz News and Scoop | Studio and Network Dish | EW.com

ABC announces fall schedule, 'Ugly Betty' moves to Fridays

May 19, 2009, 09:14 AM | by Lynette Rice

Categories: TV Biz

ABC will launch three new dramas and four comedies in the fall, including an entirely new -- and risky -- lineup of shows on Wednesday.

New comedies starring Kelsey Grammer (Hank) and Patricia Heaton (The Middle) will lead off Wednesday, followed by laughers featuring Ed O'Neill (Modern Family) and Courteney Cox (Cougar Town) starting at 9 p.m. ET. The new drama Eastwick -- a new take on the John Updike tome The Witches of Eastwick -- will air in the 10 p.m. slot. "We really wanted to get back to family comedies," explains Stephen McPherson, ABC's entertainment president, of the 2-hour comedy block. "We needed the next generation."

The new crime drama Forgotten airs at 10 p.m. on Tuesdays behind Dancing With the Stars. Ugly Betty moves to Fridays at 9 p.m., behind Supernanny, and the new Flash Forward -- a high-concept drama about the aftermath of a 2-minute blackout -- leads off Thursdays. A reality show from Mark Burnett called Shark Tank bows on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. (though it'll get an early launch this summer after the 10th anniversary of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire). Scrubs and the sophomore show Better Off Ted will air on Tuesdays after Dancing With the Stars completes its fall run in November.

Gone is In the Motherhood, The Unusuals, According to Jim, Cupid, and Samantha Who?. "I feel really responsible for that show," concedes McPherson of the fledging sophomore laugher. "Christina Applegate is a giant TV star. It was really frustrating. It launched well but ran out of steam."

Midseason dramas include legal series The Deep End and V, a re-imagining of the miniseries about the world's encounter with aliens. As for the new comedies, Hank's about a powerful CEO-cum-family man who loses his job; The Middle is about a blue-collar family in the midwest; Cougar Town is about a divorced mom living with her teenager; and Modern Family focuses on several crazy clans.

Shark Tank gives would-be entrepreneurs a chance to turn their inventions into reality.

ABC's fall primetime schedule:

MONDAY

8:00 p.m. Dancing With the Stars
10:00 p.m. Castle

TUESDAY

8:00 p.m. Shark Tank
9:00 p.m. Dancing With the Stars the Results Show
10:00 p.m. The Forgotten

WEDNESDAY

8:00 p.m. Hank
8:30 p.m. The Middle
9:00 p.m. Modern Family
9:30 p.m. Cougar Town
10:00 p.m. Eastwick

THURSDAY

8:00 p.m. Flash Forward
9:00 p.m. Grey's Anatomy
10:00 p.m. Private Practice

FRIDAY:

8:00 p.m. Supernanny
9:00 p.m. Ugly Betty
10:00 p.m. 20/20

SATURDAY

8:00 p.m. Saturday Night College Football

SUNDAY

7:00 p.m. America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 p.m. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9:00 p.m. Desperate Housewives
10:00 p.m. Brothers & Sisters

The Bachelor will air Monday nights from 8:00-10:00 p.m. following the run of Dancing With the Stars, and Scrubs and Better Off Ted will air at 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., respectively, following the run of Dancing with the Stars The Results Show.

Edit to add NBC. Looks like My Name is Earl is cancelled.

NBC announces fall schedule: 'Chuck' stays, 'Southland' moves to Fridays | Showbiz News and Scoop | Studio and Network Dish | EW.com

NBC announces fall schedule: 'Chuck' stays, 'Southland' moves to Fridays

May 19, 2009, 12:44 PM | by Lynette Rice

NBC will premiere two new dramas and a single-camera comedy this fall and move the struggling cop series Southland to Fridays where the net hopes it'll have a better chance of surviving against Fox's Dollhouse and ABC's Ugly Betty. A special SNL Weekend Update will now run Thursdays at 8 p.m. to help prop up Amy Poehler's ratings-challenged comedy Parks and Recreation at 8:30 p.m., while 30 Rock will temporarily move off the night to make way for Community, the new single-camera comedy about junior college life starring The Soup's Joel McHale and Chevy Chase. The Tina Fey laugher will be back in the winter.

Also this fall, Trauma -- a drama about paramedics -- will air after another season of Heroes on Mondays, while Parenthood -- a small-screen take on the 1989 Ron Howard film of the same name -- will lead into Law & Order: SVU on Wednesdays. And nothing's changed at 10 p.m. (at least, until NBC last shocked Hollywood with the news): The Jay Leno Show is still airing in the primetime slot once reserved for (mostly) serious dramas.

Chuck is back and on Mondays this winter, along with the new high-concept drama Day One, about life after a global catastrophe. Also coming midseason: A new sitcom about a New York single gal called 100 Questions on Tuesdays, the nursing drama Mercy on Wednesdays, and an hour-long reality show from Jerry Seinfeld called The Marriage Ref on Sundays. Not coming back: My Name is Earl and Medium. "A couple of our shows were aging as we were getting younger," explains NBC Entertainment Co-Chairman Ben Silverman. "And the demand for Chuck that came from online and the advertising base made us have to pick up that show. The other shows, there was not that kind of attention or energy."

NBC FALL 2009 SCHEDULE

MONDAY
8-9 p.m. Heroes
9-10 p.m. Trauma
10-11 p.m. The Jay Leno Show

TUESDAY
8-10 p.m. The Biggest Loser

WEDNESDAY
8-9 p.m. Parenthood
9-10 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

THURSDAY
8-8:30 p.m. SNL Weekend Update Thursday (multi-episode run)
8:30-9 p.m. Parks and Recreation
9- 9:30 p.m. The Office
9:30-10 p.m. Community (moves to Thursdays 8-8:30 p.m. after 30 Rock returns)

FRIDAY
8-9 p.m. Law & Order
9-10 p.m. Southland

SATURDAY
8-9 p.m. Dateline NBC
9-10 p.m. Trauma (encore broadcast)
10-11 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (encore broadcast)

SUNDAY
7-8:20 p.m. Football Night in America
8:20-11 p.m. NBC Sunday Night Football

NBC's mid-season 2010 schedule after the jump.

NBC MID-SEASON 2010 SCHEDULE
(2010 WINTER OLYMPICS preempt regularly scheduled programming from February 12-28, 2010)

MONDAY
8-9 p.m. Chuck (season premiere)
9-10 p.m. Day One

TUESDAY
8-9:30 p.m. The Biggest Loser
9:30-10 p.m. 100 Questions

WEDNESDAY
8-9 p.m. Mercy
9-10 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

THURSDAY
8- 8:30 p.m. Community
8:30-9 p.m. Parks and Recreation
9- 9:30 p.m. The Office
9:30-10 p.m. 30 Rock

FRIDAY
8-9 p.m. Law & Order
9-10 p.m. Southland

SATURDAY
8-9 p.m. Dateline NBC
9-10 p.m. Southland (encore broadcast)
10-11 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (encore broadcast)

SUNDAY
7-8 p.m. Dateline NBC
8-9 p.m. The Marriage Ref
9-11 p.m. The Celebrity Apprentice (season premiere)

Edit 3 to add Fox

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...es-f.html#more

Fox announces fall schedule, acknowledges Whedon fans

May 18, 2009, 12:38 PM | by Lynette Rice

Two new comedies and a new latenight show starring Wanda Sykes will debut this fall on Fox, followed by the addition of the new action/thriller dramas Human Target and Past Life in January. Gone are The Sarah Connor Chronicles but Joss Whedon's ratings-challenged Dollhouse is back, along with a second season of Fringe and the first-full season run of Glee, which bows tomorrow after American Idol. To help bring in more female viewers, summer fave So You Think Can Dance gets a Tuesday and Wednesday berth this fall as a lead-in to Glee, a cheeky drama from Nip/Tuck's Ryan Murphy about a high school show choir. "Terminator had a nice little run," explains Entertainment President Kevin Reilly. "We did see it trailing off a bit, and ultimately we made the bet on Dollhouse. That's it for Terminator. If we canceled Joss Whedon's show I would have got 110 million emails from his fans today."

As for the new comedies, Brothers stars Michael Strahan (Fox NFL Sunday) and Daryl "Chill" Mitchell (Veronica's Closet) and follows a former pro football player who returns home to his mom's house. The Cleveland Show is an animated spinoff of The Family Guy and focuses on neighbor Cleveland Brown (Mike Henry). For dramas, Human Target is based on the DC Comics franchise of the same name and stars Fringe's Mark Valley (pictured) as a for-hire heavy who'll pull out the stops to keep his clients alive. Past Life is based on the book The Reincarnationist and stars Kelli Giddish (All My Children) as a psychologist who works with a former detective to solve mysteries. For midseason, the network will unveil the quirky family comedy Sons of Tucson from Todd Holland (Malcolm in the Middle).

Sykes' late-night show will include sketch comedy and roundtable discussions.

Monday

8:00-9:00 PM House
9:00-10:00 PM Lie to Me

Tuesday

8:00-10:00 PM So You Think You Can Dance

Wednesday

8:00-9:00 PM So You Think You Can Dance (results show)
9:00-10:00 PM Glee

Thursday

8:00-9:00 PM Bones
9:00-10:00 PM Fringe

Friday

8:00-8:30 PM Brothers
8:30-9:00 PM ‘Til Death
9:00-10:00 PM Dollhouse

Saturday

8:00-8:30 PM COPS
8:30-9:00 PM COPS
9:00-10:00 PM America’s Most Wanted
11:00 PM-Midnight The Wanda Sykes Show (working title)
Midnight-12:30 AM Animation Domination encores

Sunday

7:00-8:00 PM The OT (NFL post-game)
8:00-8:30 PM The Simpsons
8:30-9:00 PM The Cleveland Show
9:00-9:30 PM Family Guy
9:30-10:00 PM American Dad

Midseason

Monday

8:00-9:00 PM House
9:00-10:00 PM 24

Tuesday

8:00-9:00 PM American Idol
9:00-10:00 PM Past Life

Wednesday

8:00-9:00 PM American Idol
9:00-10:00 PM Human Target (January) / Glee (spring)

Thursday

8:00-9:00 PM Bones
9:00-10:00 PM Fringe

Friday

8:00-8:30 PM Brothers
8:30-9:00 PM ‘Til Death
9:00-10:00 PM Dollhouse

Saturday

8:00-8:30 PM COPS
8:30-9:00 PM COPS
9:00-10:00 PM America’s Most Wanted
11:00 PM-Midnight The Wanda Sykes Show
Midnight-12:30 AM Animation Domination Encores

Sunday

7:00-7:30 PM Animation Domination Encores
7:30-8:00 PM American Dad
8:00-8:30 PM The Simpsons
8:30-9:00 PM Sons of Tuscon
9:00-9:30 PM Family Guy
9:30-10:00 PM The Cleveland Show

Last edited by Bearcat729 : 05-19-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
DanGarion
Coordinator

Community looks like it might be a keeper after watching a preview trailer.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

Earl was canceled?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm curious to see how NBC/ABC do at 10pm. My gut instinct is NBC's move makes this a two-horse race for that time-slot, which could really help some new shows out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

Where's FNL on the winter schedule?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was starting to enjoy The Unusuals
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Shark Tank = the BBC series Dragon's Den - It has been a must-DVR for me since I discovered it. It's great.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Sunday nights has suddenly become "Seth McFarlene Night" on FOX
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Earl was canceled?

today
Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Day One sounds interesting, I will at least give it a try. It is better then paramedic and nurse dramas.

ABC Wednesday comedy lineup, maybe try some new faces? I can't see myself giving any of those shows a chance.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
Galaxy
Coordinator

Cougar Town?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #12
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

No MILF Island?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Does anyone still care what time TV shows come on?
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #14
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
Does anyone still care what time TV shows come on?

Yes advertisers still do, because they don't want us to DVR.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #15
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sad to see go: Medium, The Unit, the Mole (not coming back this summer perhaps?)

Sad to see come back: Celebrity Apprentice, Biggest Loser, Chuck

Happy to see go: Knight Rider (you should have kept Journeyman instead of this NBC), Eleventh Hour

Happy to see come back: Fringe, Dollhouse, Southland, Brothers and Sisters

New Shows that sound interesting: Day One, Flash Forward, Human Target, NCIS spin off

New Shows that don't sound interesting: Mercy and Trauma and the two on CBS schedule(like medical shows, but think they have been overdone), Brothers (Fox must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel if they think a Michael Strahan starring show is going to do well), The Marriage Ref, Jay Leno at 10 pm, Accidently on Purpose.

Edit: Added CBS shows

Last edited by Thomkal : 05-20-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #16
heybrad
Norm!!!

Parenthood is one of my favorite movies and I caught Ron Howard on Howard Stern talking about the TV version. I'll give it a try but I'm a little leery that they can keep it interesting.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
Mantle2600
High School Varsity

They're looking to see if FOX or ABC wants to pick up My name is Earl. It is produced by 20th Century Fox.

Browns. Cavs. Tribe. Buckeyes. Period.
Mantle2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
"We really wanted to get back to family comedies," explains Stephen McPherson, ABC's entertainment president, of the 2-hour comedy block. "We needed the next generation."

WEDNESDAY

8:00 p.m. Hank
8:30 p.m. The Middle
9:00 p.m. Modern Family
9:30 p.m. Cougar Town
10:00 p.m. Eastwick

Hahaha, yeah, ok.

Last edited by Lorena : 05-19-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
MJ4H
Coordinator

where is the mole
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #20
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I have to tell you the truth, of all of these lineups I think the NBC one looks the strongest in terms of consistency & potential value. There's not a lot of long home runs but I don't see nearly as much that looks like a four strikeout performance either. It's a .280 hitter with 5-10 homers and slightly above replacement value defense. And Leno is sort of a bullpen by committee arrangement.

The Fox lineup looks like it'll turn into ABC's in another year or two, as shows begin their slow descent. The ABC lineup looks like the riskiest, if they can't reinvigorate some shows or find at least a couple of new hits the season could get ugly outside of their power hitters.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #21
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And here's the expectations for CBS when they announce their lineup tomorrow.

CBS to Launch Six New Series

CBS, which unveils its fall 2009 prime-time line-up tomorrow, is expected to introduce six new series: four dramas, one sitcom and a hidden-camera reality hour.

The dramas are The Good Wife, with former ER star Julianna Margulies as a stay-at-home wife who must go back to being a lawyer; medical drama Miami Trauma; Three Rivers, another medical drama focusing on organ transplants and donations; and the NCIS spin-off featuring LL Cool J and Chris O’Donnell as Los Angeles investigators.

The sole new sitcom is Accidentally on Purpose, with ...Jenna Elfman as a San Francisco movie critic who gets pregnant after a one night stand with a much younger man. Non-scripted Undercover Boss will feature an executive who goes undercover in disguise at the company he works for to get a real look at what is going on.

Also at CBS, the network has renewed on the bubble Cold Case for a seventh season, but dramas Without a Trace and The Unit are not expected to return.

Sitcom Rules of Engagement has also been given a vote of confidence, but there is no official word at present on laughers The New Adventures of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried. If CBS passes on Old Christine, ABC will pick it up for 22 episodes.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-19-2009 at 05:42 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #22
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm pretty much with Jon except I still think Jay Leno will be NBC's Chan Ho Park. It'll be cheap to produce so it doesn't need ratings, which I don't think it will get. I still say this time next year Jay Leno is hosting the Tonight Show and Conan O'Brien is looking for work. I don't want that to happen, I just think it will.

That said, NBC has the most shows that pique my interest. I'll put Community and Parenthood on my DVR. I was never a big fan of the movie and I can really see a second series based on Parenthood but that cast is enough to make me tune in -- Peter Krause, Maura Tierney, Craig T. Nelson and Bonnie Bedelia (?! where's she been?) with Tommy Schlamme behind the camera entices me.

The Fox lineup is growing old. You have to wonder how much life and profitability 24, House, Bones, The Simpsons and AI really have in them.

ABC's Wednesday night looks like a HUGE gamble -- Kelsey Grammar, Patricia Heaton, Ed O'Neill and Courtney Cox projects followed by The Witches of Eastwick spinoff? What is this, 1994? That's five brand new shows for an entire night. Grammer's show is about a CEO who loses his job -- that might be hard to find the funny. Plus, none of these actors have proven their ability to carry a show beyond their iconic characters and are pricey talent to begin with. However, Neil Flynn (the Janitor on Scrubs) is in The Middle so I might give that a rest drive. But that many new shows loaded on one night seems like a gamble. It makes you wonder why if they are going to go with a sitcom block like that they still paired Scrubs/Better Off Ted together on Tuesday.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 05-19-2009 at 06:07 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #23
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

I really hope Flash Forward translates well to the screen. I love Robert Sawyer's novels.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #24
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm really disappointed that Southland was bumped to Friday nights. That's going to kill the show.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #25
RainMaker
General Manager

Where is Friday Night Lights?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

snipped from the ajc.com tv blogger, although I've seen it elsewhere today this sums it up

Quote:
And the LA Times says CBS is seriously considering taking the just-axed “Medium” and placing it Friday night between “Ghost Whisperer” and “Numb3rs.” Not coincidentally, CBS Television Studios produces “Medium.”

The studio even sent out a bitchy press release:

“NBC’s cancellation of ‘Medium’ is inexplicable to us. “The ratings don’t lie. ‘Medium’ outperforms many of NBC’s renewed shows. Despite inconsistent scheduling, ‘Medium,’ under the creative vision of Glenn Gordon Caron, one of the most preeminent producers in television, has always performed with distinction both creatively and commercially. Multiple-award-winning actress Patricia Arquette and the cast have delivered a stellar series for five consistent seasons. The awards and ratings speak for themselves. We believe the show has a significant future and await developments.”
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #27
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I don't know if I'll be watching anything this year. Probably just CSI:NY/Miami and The Office. Without a Trace leaving sucks as well.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:54 AM   #28
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I was disappointed to see Eleventh Hour get the axe. I know it was very expensive and a bit quirky, but it got good ratings. Guess it didn't hold enough of the CSI audience to warrant a pickup.

Knight Rider? Watched solely for Deanna Russo. Kind of a guilty pleasure. Definitely not as interesting as Journeyman (and Moon Bloodgood, for that matter).

I can live without Earl. It jumped the shark with the coma episodes, and never recovered. I don't think it was staying on my TiVO next season regardless.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #29
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I already pretty much only watch sports and movies if the TV is on at all. I don't see anything showing next year that's going to change that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #30
RainMaker
General Manager

Damn, I actually really liked Eleventh Hour. Was kind of a geeky show that was much different than what's out there. Without a Trace wasn't a favorite or anything, but I would watch it on occasion if it was on. Kind of sad to see such a long running show go.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #31
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks for the news on Medium Jon. That might be a killer (dead people, get it?) lineup for CBS on Friday's if they take the show. I actually think this was Medium's finest season, so if it does go, at least it went out on a high note.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #32
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Media Life Magazine - CBS makes a big play for Thursday

CBS hinted leading up to this week that it intended to go after NBC in the 10 p.m. slot this fall, and that sure looks to be the case.

CBS unveiled a fall schedule this morning with few major changes, save one.

It’s moving breakout hit “The Mentalist” from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 10 p.m. Thursday, hoping to jumpstart its once-mighty Thursday lineup and pull viewers away from NBC’s “The Jay Leno Show.”

The network has eight new shows, though only four will launch this fall. None are particularly edgy or risk-taking, and they’re very much in the CBS mold, with high-profile stars and simple concepts like police drama or medical drama.

But they will all probably perform decently, in particular the “NCIS” spinoff almost guaranteed to win its timeslot this fall against a slate of reality shows on the other networks.

There had been speculation in recent weeks that “Mentalist” would move to 10, with the network testing it out in that slot and CBS eager to draw viewers away from NBC’s “Leno,” which is expected to draw a small audience.

But moving “Mentalist” to Thursday will also serve to shore up a night where CBS has seen big ratings declines in recent years. Last season “Eleventh Hour” lost a good deal of its “CSI” lead-in in the same timeslot, and it has now been canceled.

Even “Without a Trace” struggled in the slot two years ago, despite minimal competition from NBC and ABC.

But “Mentalist” could give CBS a big kick on the night, something it needs after finishing second to ABC on Thursday during all four sweeps weeks. In fact, “Mentalist” has the potential to become one of the night’s top shows despite airing at 10.

The procedural about a former faux psychic outdrew “CSI’s” finale among total viewers last week despite the fact that the new drama’s season finale didn’t air till last night.

Otherwise, there were few shakeups on the new schedule, just a few tweaks. That’s a move CBS, as the only network to see gains versus last year, can afford.

On Monday, “How I Met Your Mother” moves to 8 p.m., leading into the new Jenna Elfman comedy “Accidentally on Purpose,” about an unexpected pregnancy. No. 1 comedy “Two and a Half Men” remains at 9 p.m., followed by “The Big Bang Theory,” which performed well behind “Men” in a test earlier this year. “CSI: Miami” stays at 10.

“NCIS” remains Tuesday at 8 p.m., followed by spinoff “NCIS: Los Angeles” with Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J. The pairing should do quite well for CBS, airing opposite unscripted competition shows “Dancing with the Stars” on ABC, “The Biggest Loser” on NBC and “So You Think You Can Dance?” on Fox.

New drama “The Good Wife,” starring “ER’s” Julianna Margulies as a politician’s wife who returns to work after his scandal, takes over for “Without a Trace” at 10. “Trace,” along with “The Unit,” “Worst Week” and “Hour,” have been canceled.

Wednesday is the same as last year, leading off with “The New Adventures of Old Christine” and “Gary Unmarried,” followed by “Criminal Minds” and “CSI: NY.”

“Survivor” and “CSI” continue to open Thursdays, followed by “The Mentalist.”

Friday’s “Ghost Whisperer” will lead into “Medium,” picked up after NBC canceled the show yesterday. “Numb3rs” will remain at 10 p.m. Friday.

Saturday will house drama repeats from 8 to 10 p.m., followed by “48 Hours Mystery.”

On Sunday, “60 Minutes” continues to kick off the night, followed by “The Amazing Race.” “Cold Case” moves back to 10 p.m., making room for new medical drama “Three Rivers” at 9 p.m.

CBS has four new shows available for midseason: the Jerry Bruckheimer drama “Miami Trauma,” police drama “The Bridge,” and the reality shows “Undercover Boss” and “Arranged Marriage.”

The comedy “Rules of Engagement” has also been picked up for midseason.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #33
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

good to see criminal minds still on there

i enjoy rules of engagement more and more - i'm glad they're bringing it back midseason to replace something that clunks.

jenna elfman has big shoes to fill at 8:30 on Monday on CBS to keep the "Monday night gutbusting comedies" thing alive - if she tanks that'll be too bad, but that's arguably the most protected spot on tv right now. guess if she fails they slot rules of engagement back in there...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #34
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Where's FNL on the winter schedule?

Friday Night Lights will follow the same path as this year. It will start in January on NBC...it'll be on Direct TV in September.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #35
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

Love Medium on CBS .... can't wait for ABC to debut this midseason

Fall Preview - Fall Schedule - V - ABC.com
Old 05-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #36
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Cougar Town?

The preview actually looked pretty amusing. Far better than some other dreck on the networks.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #37
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wait a second.... Heroes at 8:00 PM on Mondays... House on 8:00 PM on Mondays... How I Met Your Mother at 8:00 PM on Mondays... ARGH!!!! Not again... this is how I stopped watching "Chuck".

Oh well... nice to know you "Heroes"
Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #38
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Um... whoosh?

I have a DVR. Most DVRs, including most TIVOs can only tape 2 things at one time. 3 tuner DVRs are not very common.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #39
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Um... whoosh?

I have a DVR. Most DVRs, including most TIVOs can only tape 2 things at one time. 3 tuner DVRs are not very common.

Monday nights are bad for us but we have two DVR's so we record two stations on one TV, record on one station and watch another on the other TV
Old 05-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #40
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Wait a second.... Heroes at 8:00 PM on Mondays... House on 8:00 PM on Mondays... How I Met Your Mother at 8:00 PM on Mondays... ARGH!!!! Not again... this is how I stopped watching "Chuck".

Oh well... nice to know you "Heroes"

Not sure what I'll do this time. With Big Bang Theory moving it makes it a harder choice between Heroes and HIMYM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #41
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
Monday nights are bad for us but we have two DVR's so we record two stations on one TV, record on one station and watch another on the other TV

So... your suggestion is to grow some money?
Old 05-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #42
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

LOL ... I think we only pay like 5$ a month for the extra DVR ... but if you figure out how to grow some money let me know!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #43
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

$60 a year for one show.... I think I'll pass...
Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #44
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

So, you people haven't heard of Hulu?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #45
kcchief19
Pro Starter

So Leno will be going up against CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, Mentalist, Numb3rs and the new Julianna Marguiles show. Yeah, CBS does hate NBC.

I know it's always been there but it sure seems like shows are jumping networks more frequently. They are all cases where they are finishing up runs on the network whose parent company produces the show, so it make sense. I guess we can count on the 10th season of House airing on NBC.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #46
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
So, you people haven't heard of Hulu?

Hulu does HD poorly... I've been spoiled .
Old 05-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #47
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Run the cable directly into the TV, use the tuner to watch one show, and then tape the other 2 shows on the DVR. Other than that I got nothing. You can probably grab it in HD if your tv has QAM

Last edited by stevew : 05-21-2009 at 03:00 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Damn, I actually really liked Eleventh Hour. Was kind of a geeky show that was much different than what's out there. Without a Trace wasn't a favorite or anything, but I would watch it on occasion if it was on. Kind of sad to see such a long running show go.

Without a Trace was one my wife loved and I tolerated for any glimpses of Rosalyn Sanchez. I'm disappointed to see Eleventh Hour go as that was my favorite of the new shows that we watched this year.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #49
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't sure where to put this, figured this was as good a thread to necromance as any.

House creator remaking The Rockford Files - HitFix.com

NBC has brought in "House" creator David Shore to shepherd a remake of the '70s P.I. classic "The Rockford Files."

The original series ran from 1974-1980 on NBC and star James Garner as the Jim Rockford, a con-turned-gumshoe. The series helped launch writer-producer Stephen J. Cannell's career and won Garner an Emmy in 1977.

According to Variety, Shore plans on keeping the show's basic structure, but updating its private eye adventures to the present day.

Shore is a well-know "Rockford Files" buff. Avid "House" fans will know that the private investigator character played by Michael Weston last season was being positioned for a possible spinoff. Will Weston be considered for the actual "Rockford Files" remake? It remains to be seen.

edit to add: More on this from Variety

The show will be produced NBC, Universal Media, and Steven Carrell's Carousel Productions

The idea for a "Rockford" revival came from Carousel, which inquired about the rights to the Universal TV property after Carousel cut a production pact with Universal Media Studios in January. Laura Lancaster, NBC/UMS' exec veep of drama, knew that Shore was a big "Rockford" buff, and the match was easily made.

"The minute I heard this I said, 'Let's get it on for midseason' ... but we're going to take our time and get it right," said Angela Bromstad, prexy of primetime entertainment for NBC Entertainment and UMS. "We know that David has the right sensibility as a writer to take on this kind of big character."

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-30-2009 at 09:48 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #50
RainMaker
General Manager

I guess it depends on how the show is done. I think the quirky PI role is getting played out in television. Mentalist, Psych, etc. Hollywood isn't satisfied till they run every fucking good idea into the ground.