Kodos
Resident Alien

People love their kiddie games.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #252
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Looks like talk of the demise of the Wii was premature. It only sold 3M and still doubled each console, outselling them combined. The top 3 games were Wii games as were 5 of the top 7.

SI

Negative comment from MBBF about 3rd party games in 3...2...1...
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #253
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Looks like talk of the demise of the Wii was premature. It only sold 3M and still doubled each console, outselling them combined. The top 3 games were Wii games as were 5 of the top 7.

SI

Yep, definitely a good December for Nintendo and the industry as a whole.. The top game sales has far more to do with installed base more than anything else. If you break down the games by sales as a percentage of the installed base, the other two consoles fare very well.

Sony really shot themselves in the foot with their supply model. They pushed far too many of those 250 GB models into the supply chain and not enough 120 GB models. I went out for some post-Christmas sales and store after store (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, ToysRUs) had a stack of 250 GB models while the pallets where the 120 GB machines had been displayed were empty. They've got a big thread about it over on NeoGaf, so I know what I noticed wasn't an isolated situation. Even when Sony does well, they still get in their own way it seems.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #254
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Yep, definitely a good December for Nintendo and the industry as a whole.. The top game sales has far more to do with installed base more than anything else. If you break down the games by sales as a percentage of the installed base, the other two consoles fare very well.

Sony really shot themselves in the foot with their supply model. They pushed far too many of those 250 GB models into the supply chain and not enough 120 GB models. I went out for some post-Christmas sales and store after store (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, ToysRUs) had a stack of 250 GB models while the pallets where the 120 GB machines had been displayed were empty. They've got a big thread about it over on NeoGaf, so I know what I noticed wasn't an isolated situation. Even when Sony does well, they still get in their own way it seems.

I went looking to buy a PS3 on Jan 1, and it was nearly impossible to do so. Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Sears, all out of them. Finally found one at Toys-R-Us, but had to go elsewhere for games, as they had pretty much been stripped clean.

I was surprised to see the numbers for Wii though. All the stores had plenty of those, I had begun wondering if the PS3 was finally catching up. Guess that's a pretty emphatic no.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #255
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Top 20 is up.

Wii - 7
DS - 6
360 - 4
PS3 - 3

Scribblenauts turned out to be a big hit.

Nine of the top 20 were published by Nintendo. Two that weren't had Mario in the title

It should be mentioned that the 20th best selling game in December probably sold a couple hundred thousand copies (#18 = 417k), just because some games didn't make the top 20 doesn't mean they haven't sold really well. December is just a massive month for video games, at least 4x bigger than one of the summer months afaik.

Hardware LTD:

PS2: ~45.3 million
NDS: ~38.7 million
Wii: ~27.1 million
360: ~18.6 million
PSP: ~16.8 million
PS3: ~11.1 million

Various other figures taken from the huge neoGAF thread:

Spirit Tracks > 600k
50k > Silent Hill > FF:CC:TCB

NPD LTDs: (not exact)

WII WII SPORTS RESORT: ~4.5 million
WII NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII: ~4.21M
WII WII FIT PLUS: ~3.52 million

360 CALL OF DUTY - MODERN WARFARE 2: ~5.83M
360 ASSASSIN'S CREED II: ~1.58M
360 LEFT 4 DEAD 2: ~1.47M

PS3 CALL OF DUTY - MODERN WARFARE 2: ~2.99M
PS3 UNCHARTED 2: ~950k (1M LTD)

December:
[ALL] The Beatles: Rock Band - 357,000

2009:
[ALL] The Beatles: Rock Band - 1,180,000
[ALL] Guitar Hero 5 - 996,000

Assassins Creed 2 [PS3] 417,000
Borderlands ~300,000
The Saboteur < 125,000
GH:Van Halen [All systems] < 75,000

DJ Hero > 800,000 (LTD)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 < 500k (LTD)

CoD4:MW[REFLEX] ~ 500k
Excitebots LTD 110k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
People love their kiddie games.

I'd say all-ages more than kiddy. Mario, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, etc., those games are popular with adults as well.

And lots of kids (and adults too of course) enjoy blasting each other in the face playing "mature" games such as Halo, Modern Warfare 2, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-Ball fan
Amazing to see the worldwide numbers come through as well. Wii was obviously the dominant console as was expected, but seeing the PS3 outsell the 360 by over 1M units is pretty impressive given the discounting on both sides of that battle.

Care to post or link to December worldwide numbers? I know PS3 did well in Japan with the release of Final Fantasy XIII but I haven't come across anything for Europe.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #256
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, Just Dance has been selling ridiculously well. We got umpteen million of them in a couple weeks before Christmas, and I just stared in disbelief.

They were gone within a day or two of receiving them, and I still can't process that.

And that was the #20 game. December is, in fact, an unreal month for games.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #257
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Recent PS3 updates prompt more complaints of console failures -- Engadget

Apparently Microsoft isn't the only one bricking consoles with updates...
Old 01-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #258
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Recent PS3 updates prompt more complaints of console failures -- Engadget

Apparently Microsoft isn't the only one bricking consoles with updates...

I wonder if it is something to do with the update process rather than the update itself as I have heard the same stories about the last half dozen or so updates.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #259
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
I wonder if it is something to do with the update process rather than the update itself as I have heard the same stories about the last half dozen or so updates.

Possibly. Also could be folks who have modded their boxes. Could also be exposing some failing hardware like memory or hard drive that caused the update to get corrupted. Lots of possible explanations.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #260
gstelmack
Pro Starter

End Bosses: Sony's Peter Dille - PS3 Feature at IGN

Surprised all this recent discussion about Sony starting to talk about charging for PSN hasn't been posted here yet...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #261
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
End Bosses: Sony's Peter Dille - PS3 Feature at IGN

Surprised all this recent discussion about Sony starting to talk about charging for PSN hasn't been posted here yet...

It was mentioned before. Can't remember which thread. There's no change to the existing online service. Online gaming is still free. Mostly value-added plans was what they were talking about.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #262
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
It was mentioned before. Can't remember which thread. There's no change to the existing online service. Online gaming is still free. Mostly value-added plans was what they were talking about.

Destructoid - Sony reveals huge plans for potential PSN premium service - Photo

Interesting look at what might constitute "value-added." Lot of that stuff sounds reasonable, couple of them are just vague enough to say 'what?' and a couple of them need somebody kicked in the balls.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #263
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Destructoid - Sony reveals huge plans for potential PSN premium service - Photo

Interesting look at what might constitute "value-added." Lot of that stuff sounds reasonable, couple of them are just vague enough to say 'what?' and a couple of them need somebody kicked in the balls.

I likely won't be getting any of it. I'm more than happy with what I have right now. It doesn't add enough for me personally.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #264
SackAttack
Head Coach

I don't think they're going to tier it the way it's shown in that chart; those are the survey possibilities.

But that said...the "beta games" thing is intriguing. Does that refer to online betas only, or would it be beta access for MP *and* SP games? If the latter, that suddenly gets REAL intriguing as a subscription driver. Especially in that $29.99 tier.

How many people on this board would be down with $29.99 if, for example, it meant beta access to the MLB the Show franchise each year, or if the betas available were all across the forthcoming library, and not just "Okay, here's a MAG beta, we'll get back to you in a few months with some other crumbs to toss you"?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 AM   #265
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
How many people on this board would be down with $29.99 if, for example, it meant beta access to the MLB the Show franchise each year, or if the betas available were all across the forthcoming library, and not just "Okay, here's a MAG beta, we'll get back to you in a few months with some other crumbs to toss you"?

I have enough problems trying to find time to play the complete games. I don't have time to waste on a partially complete game.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #266
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Some sales numbers from Sega's third quarter financial report, from April - December 2009, only being posted since we've got a bunch of FM fans on here including me:

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - US, Europe - Wii, NDS: 5,670k
Bayonetta - US, Europe, Japan PS3, Xbox360: 1,100k
Football Manager - 2010 US, Europe - PSP, PC: 740k
Phantasy Star Portable 2 - Japan PSP: 540k
Old 02-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #267
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Once there is a paid tier, I think they will probably find ways to screw people on the unpaid tier. Like Game X is playable online, but will only save certain stats, etc if you have a premium subscription. So maybe MW3 you can only level if you have their version of gold.

But who knows. I'm sure it'll be game by game specific.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:01 AM   #268
Kodos
Resident Alien

How come we don't get updates on the console sales numbers anymore. FOFC is slipping!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #269
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The numbers are down in the industry. Not really much to talk about. I'm sure the chatter will heat up once we head into Aug/Sept.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #270
spleen1015
Coordinator

Because MBBF finally realized the PS3 can't catch up.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #271
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

That was my theory.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #272
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I'm not too sure about that. The 360's worldwide margin over the PS3 has been cut from 7M to 4.5M over the past 18 months. It's not a full catch-up at this point, but they're definitely headed in a better direction than they were before. The PS3 is the only console that sold more in the first quarter of 2010 than they did a year ago (Edit: That may be last month and not last quarter, but can't verify from here).

Also, there's every indication that the PS3 and 360's lifespans will be longer than their predecessors, so there's still quite a bit of time left in the lifecycle of the current platforms. There's quite a few price wars yet to come in this current generation. I'm personally glad about that because I'm not really interested in getting new hardware anytime soon. This generation still has room for growth at the lower price points.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-04-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #273
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I agree. I hope the PS3 gets cheaper, and has at least another 3-5 years of life cycle. I'd buy at least one more right now if they'd come down in price(for BD/streaming)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #274
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I agree. I hope the PS3 gets cheaper, and has at least another 3-5 years of life cycle. I'd buy at least one more right now if they'd come down in price(for BD/streaming)

I would think that the addition of 3D TV/games (PS3 only) and motion controls (both PS3 and 360) to the mix virtually guarantees another three holiday seasons for the PS3 and 360 for sure. Sony and Microsoft are trying to stretch this thing out for a few more years to recoup some losses while getting a feel for what they should put in their next console 4-5 years down the road. It's fantastic for us as consumers. I think the games they're putting out right now are still very nice and the consoles obviously have not been maxed out at this point.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #275
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
How come we don't get updates on the console sales numbers anymore. FOFC is slipping!

It's become predictable/less interesting. And now the NPD is releasing less information on software sales so that makes it less interesting too.

Last edited by Big Fo : 06-04-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #276
RainMaker
General Manager

Even if Sony catches up in total sales, they still lost the console battle. Microsoft has been making profits with their division while Sony hasn't (I believe Sony just posted their first profit on the console last month). There will be more time with 360's in homes than the PS3. There will be more 360 games sold for the system. Not to mention Microsoft cashing in on millions of Xbox Live memberships and having cheaper hardware in place.

Sales don't matter. Microsoft and Nintendo destroyed Sony in this console cycle and Sony can only hope to get to a breaking even point by the end.

Last edited by RainMaker : 06-04-2010 at 06:47 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #277
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Microsoft has been making profits with their division while Sony hasn't (I believe Sony just posted their first profit on the console last month).

Let's deal with some real numbers here........

Microsoft Entertainment Division (Xbox and Xbox 360) = $5.25B in losses
Sony Playstation Division (PS2 and PS3) = $2.75B in losses

I'm not sure there are many winners there. I think the above is a clear indication why both companies are looking to create a much longer lifecycle for the current consoles. They need to reassess and fully plan to avoid the problems that plagued each console, especially in this latest set of consoles.

Nintendo has some big shoes to fill with any future console after the success of the Wii.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-04-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not sure there are many winners there. I think the above is a clear indication why both companies are looking to create a much longer lifecycle for the current consoles. They need to reassess and fully plan to avoid the problems that plagued each console, especially in this latest set of consoles.

Nintendo has some big shoes to fill with any future console after the success of the Wii.

Those numbers look much worse for Sony when you focus on just this generation. The PS2 was a money printing machine and Sony is clearly the biggest loser of this generation as they went from clear #1 by a wide margin to #3.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #279
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Those numbers look much worse for Sony when you focus on just this generation. The PS2 was a money printing machine and Sony is clearly the biggest loser of this generation as they went from clear #1 by a wide margin to #3.

So let's use the measure you prefer.

Nintendo 3rd & 1st
Sony 1st & 3rd
Microsoft 2nd and 2nd

Looks like a wash even when you compare finishes, though it should be noted as before that this generation is far from over. We also have the issue that there was an extreme failure rate on the 360 that lead to inflated sales numbers when people had to purchase new machines, but that's almost impossible to measure as long as Microsoft continues to keep those failure numbers private.

It will be interesting to see if the upward trend continues on the PS3 now that supply is increasing again. It will also be interesting to see if the current downward trend for the Wii and 360 continue if there's no further price drop.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #280
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

So "real numbers" are the ones that let you reach back into the previous generation to paint a better picture of what the current generation looks like for your Company of Choice(tm)?

Why not include PlayStation 1 and MSX while you're at it? Then you can paint a WILDLY unrealistic picture of the profit picture in the current generation!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #281
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Why are you taking number for the XBox and PS2? We are talking about this generation of consoles.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #282
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So "real numbers" are the ones that let you reach back into the previous generation to paint a better picture of what the current generation looks like for your Company of Choice(tm)?

Why not include PlayStation 1 and MSX while you're at it? Then you can paint a WILDLY unrealistic picture of the profit picture in the current generation!

That wasn't the point at all. As I noted, there are real issues that have to be addressed and both companies are deeply in the red. Microsoft and Sony have both made some very poor decisions this generation. They're very lucky that they've both recovered and seem to be making a move in the right direction. The PS3's price point and the 360's RROD issue should have buried both consoles.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #283
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Why are you taking number for the XBox and PS2? We are talking about this generation of consoles.

Those were the numbers I had available. Feel free to post the numbers if you have them available. I do know this generation would be the same way. Both companies have lost substantial amounts since their release.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:26 PM   #284
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I did not compile all this, this was posted on neoGAF in February 2010 (and fwiw only took a few minutes to find).

The forum post

Code:
Sony Nintendo Microsoft Total Y/E 1998 $902,811,090 $1,023,333,867 $1,926,144,957 Y/E 1999 $1,102,563,557 $1,301,350,000 $2,403,913,557 Y/E 2000 $722,738,949 $1,368,207,547 $2,090,946,497 Y/E 2001 -$449,776,290 $677,576,000 $227,799,710 Y/E 2002 $629,101,056 $895,872,180 -$1,135,000,000 $389,973,237 Y/E 2003 $935,569,253 $834,333,333 -$1,191,000,000 $578,902,586 Y/E 2004 $627,195,212 $993,161,303 -$1,337,000,000 $283,356,515 Y/E 2005 $419,888,799 $1,056,056,202 -$539,000,000 $936,945,001 Y/E 2006 $69,129,058 $774,478,055 -$1,339,000,000 -$495,392,887 Y/E 2007 -$1,970,923,859 $1,914,666,388 -$1,969,000,000 -$2,025,257,471 Y/E 2008 -$1,079,994,103 $4,322,637,887 $426,000,000 $3,668,643,783 Y/E 2009 -$664,313,787 $5,691,428,301 $169,000,000 $5,196,114,515 Y/E 10Q1 -$413,541,667 $420,843,750 $312,000,000 $319,302,083 Y/E 10Q2 -$653,333,333 $710,655,556 $375,000,000 $432,011,111 Y/E 10Q3 $210,629,750 $2,087,904,452 N/A N/A Total $387,078,407 $24,072,504,822 -$6,157,000,000 $16,004,049,028 Full Year Average $103,665,745 $1,737,758,422 -$1,001,857,143 $914,270,499 Profitable Years 8 12 2 10 Non Profitable Years 4 0 6 2 Average in Loss Year -$1,041,252,010 N/A -$1,251,666,667 -$1,260,325,179 Average in Profit Year $676,124,622 $1,737,758,422 $333,000,000 $1,389,625,094
Old 06-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #285
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
That wasn't the point at all. As I noted, there are real issues that have to be addressed and both companies are deeply in the red. Microsoft and Sony have both made some very poor decisions this generation. They're very lucky that they've both recovered and seem to be making a move in the right direction. The PS3's price point and the 360's RROD issue should have buried both consoles.

That latter point is relevant, but not to the overall discussion of profitability.

You chose to take numbers from a generation in which a third entrant made the willful decision to lose money on a product in order to establish a footprint against two powerful, entrenched competitors, and add that to a generation in which, as you say, both Sony and Microsoft "made mistakes," in order to massage the numbers in a way that paints your picture in a rosier light.

That's not just negligent, that's deliberate obfuscation.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #286
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That latter point is relevant, but not to the overall discussion of profitability.

You chose to take numbers from a generation in which a third entrant made the willful decision to lose money on a product in order to establish a footprint against two powerful, entrenched competitors, and add that to a generation in which, as you say, both Sony and Microsoft "made mistakes," in order to massage the numbers in a way that paints your picture in a rosier light.

Well said.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #287
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Those were the numbers I had available. Feel free to post the numbers if you have them available. I do know this generation would be the same way. Both companies have lost substantial amounts since their release.
They actually aren't the same way. Microsoft has been profitable for a couple years now and will post close to a billion in profits this year. They are entering the part of the console cycle that is most profitable.

Posting numbers from a previous generation that has nothing to do with the discussion is either misleading or stupid. Take your pick.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #288
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Once again, I did not choose those figures for that reason.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #289
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
They actually aren't the same way. Microsoft has been profitable for a couple years now and will post close to a billion in profits this year. They are entering the part of the console cycle that is most profitable.

Excellent. Then I'm sure you also agree that since Sony is still a year away from where the 360 is, they likely have more profitable times in front of them. I think it's also very fair to say that the PS3 is the best equipped of the two high-end consoles from a technology perspective to continue on through this longer cycle and still see substantial profitibility. The PS3 is currently gaining 50K a month on the 360 and that's in the slow months where the supply is just now catching up.

I predicted before that the two consoles would be even by holiday 2011. No one gave that even a hint of a chance when the difference was 8M units worldwide a couple of years ago. I still believe that will happen, which would be amazing given that, as you mentioned, the 360 was released a year earlier and had an extremely good start in this generation. It's not what Sony wanted when this generation started, but would have to be greeted with open arms given the horrible start by the PS3.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-04-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #290
SackAttack
Head Coach

So what you're saying then is that you're just criminally negligent, not deliberately misleading?

Got it.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #291
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So what you're saying then is that you're just criminally negligent, not deliberately misleading?

Got it.

Yeah, that's exactly what I said (except that I didn't). Got it.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #292
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Excellent. Then I'm sure you also agree that since Sony is still a year away from where the 360 is, they likely have more profitable times in front of them. I think it's also very fair to say that the PS3 is the best equipped of the two high-end consoles from a technology perspective to continue on through this longer cycle and still see substantial profitibility. The PS3 is currently gaining 50K a month on the 360 and that's in the slow months where the supply is just now catching up.

I predicted before that the two consoles would be even by holiday 2011. No one gave that even a hint of a chance when the difference was 8M units worldwide a couple of years ago. I still believe that will happen, which would be amazing given that, as you mentioned, the 360 was released a year earlier and had an extremely good start in this generation. It's not what Sony wanted when this generation started, but would have to be greeted with open arms given the horrible start by the PS3.
It doesn't matter if they are even at the end of 2011. The 360 would have had more consoles in homes for a longer period of time. More game sales, more accessories, etc. The future hardware sales is really irrelevant at this point. The companies aren't making their money off of them, they are making it off of what people do with them once they have it. A customer who owns a console for 6 years is more profitable than one who owns it for 1. Microsoft wins in length of ownership and there is no way the PS3 can catch up before the cycle ends.

As for the future, XBox Live is a huge advantage for Microsoft. They earn over a billion dollars in revenue from it and just prints money for them. Most of the games are being built for the 360 and ported over to the PS3, which makes most technological advantages moot.

This cycle is over. Sony can save some face but they aren't going to be more profitable than Microsoft and Nintendo. Thankfully, that shouldn't be a factor in you trying to still justify your purchase.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #293
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, and Nintendo has had it rough, too. Their yearly earning dropped to only $2.4B for the fiscal year that just ended.

Nintendo Profit Falls to $2.4b in FY 3/2010, Gives FY 3/2011 Fcst - gamrFeed

Wii Price Cuts Shave Nintendo's Profit - WSJ.com

I think this graph adequately shows how bad things have been for N this generation (100Y=$1 roughly so 200B Y = $2B)

(Note: Nintendo has never had a yearly loss, iirc)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #294
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Yeah, and Nintendo has had it rough, too. Their yearly earning dropped to only $2.4B for the fiscal year that just ended.

Nintendo Profit Falls to $2.4b in FY 3/2010, Gives FY 3/2011 Fcst - gamrFeed

Wii Price Cuts Shave Nintendo's Profit - WSJ.com

I think this graph adequately shows how bad things have been for N this generation (100Y=$1 roughly so 200B Y = $2B)

(Note: Nintendo has never had a yearly loss, iirc)

SI

I'd love to hear your justification for how this generation has been bad for Nintendo when the Wii has done nothing but print money. I'm not sure they've been more successful.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #295
Kodos
Resident Alien

Broken sarcasm detector?
Old 06-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #296
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Broken sarcasm detector?

Mayhaps

SI

Old 06-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #297
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd love to hear your justification for how this generation has been bad for Nintendo when the Wii has done nothing but print money. I'm not sure they've been more successful.

Probably not since the later days of the NES, if ever

SI

Old 06-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #298
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Probably not since the later days of the NES, if ever

SI